Speaker 1: Nothing says summer like long days, clutch plays and firing off a few bets on the game, all with Draft Kings Sports Book.
Speaker 2: Never bet on baseball before. It's easy.
Speaker 1: Pick a guy to go yard hammer some live odds mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best. No spreadsheets, just vibes and dingers. Here's something special for first timers, new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Use Cold Shannon, that's Code Shannon for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Come on, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite ouncer, Shannon Shark, my partner co hosts Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame, Honoree mad Adjuster, Pro Bowler, All Pro that's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson, and as always, every Wednesday night in the off season and a couple of times a week during the basketball season.
Speaker 2: Our other co hosts.
Speaker 1: Here you University of Arkansas, Little Rock, Arkansas native Here you alight, So jess, Sir Joe Johnson, what do you do? Fellas? Hey man Chi, y'all all right? What's going on? Joe with you?
Speaker 2: All right? Bad?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Cho up bell? Talk about he did a quick twenty five push up tonight. You're feeling pumped A I hit a quick eighty.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm I'm you know I I be in the calisthenics. Now I be in the calisthenics.
Speaker 1: Okay, Please make sure y'all hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We'd like to thank each and every one of you for your support and you'll continue support because thanks to you, your word of mouth, your eyes and your ears, you help Nightcap come or what has become? So O Joe and I, Joe and everybody at the Nightcap family want to thank you for your loyal support. Please make sure you go out and check out my Cognac shave by Laportier. This one is personal. I created a limited edition reliefs release to honor my brother induction into the Hall of Fame. It's not just a mottle, it's a tribute. It's a once it's gone, it's gone, guys. It's unbelievable. I'm glad to be a part of this and you're gonna love this. You can see it right there on your screen, and its early access starts tomorrow, which is July thirty. First, please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier, and if you can't find it any city or state near you, order it online.
Speaker 2: Just like this.
Speaker 1: This is online only, but if you can't fight it any city or state near you, order it online. Best believe we're eventually gonna be in a city or a state near you, But in the meantime you can order we'll ship it directly to your door.
Speaker 2: Please drink responsibily and stay safe.
Speaker 1: Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms, Shayshape Media and my clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: The link is pinned in the chat. And once they're gone, they're gone.
Speaker 1: Before we get started, obviously, I'm sure everybody's heard the news by now that I will not be returning to ESPN. I found out this information a little earlier in the week, and really the only thing that I really ask is, like, guys, could we wait until Monday. My brother's going into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I really wanted to be about him, and I wanted to be about my family. I know this would I said, this coming out will overshadow everything that each works his entire life for. And unfortunately, you know, it didn't happen that way. And so as I told him, as I profusely apologized to him earlier today, he said, Bro, stop apologizing. You don't have to apologize. I'm your big bro. I'm gonna love you regardless. We all make mistakes, We've all and he says, Bro, I love you, So I'm done with this. You're done with it too, move on. And I really enjoyed my time at ESPN. It gave me an opportunity to bring my audience that saw me really just grow. They saw me, you know, lakers and five, and they saw me say all these funny these analogies that my grandparents gave me, and I was able to bring that to ESPN. So I'm very very grateful for that, but I just wished of all things, Like I said, Hey, they did what they felt they needed to do, and I'm at peace with that. But I just wish, guys, I just wish this thing could have could have waited until Monday, because I hate the fact that I'm overshadowing my brother the first two brothers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and this is what the headline is gonna be for the next couple of days. So Bro, again, I know you told me this. I don't have to apologize, but I'm gonna do it one final time tonight, and I won't apologize again. I'm sorry that I upstaged you in this manner. You know that was never my intent. You've been my hero, You've been my role model from as long as I can remember. And I apologized, and I thank all my fans for supporting me when I was at ESPN and every place that I've been being Club Shay Shade, Nightcap, Undisputed ESPN. Thank you guys for your support. Now let's get into what we came here for. NFL O Joe, they mad at you NFL fans, little Heart at Cam Forard's rating. He got a seventy two. Travis Hunter has the highest rating for a rookie. He has an eighty four. Ashton Genty has an eighty three. Abdul Carter is an eighty one, Mason Graham is an eighty. Will Campbell and Jalyn Walker are seventy nine. Kenneth Grant is seventy eight, Johati Baron is seventy eight. Michel Williams, Michael Williams, I think Michael is seventy eight. Maxwell Harriston is a seventy eight. Cam Ward did not even crack the top ten of Madden Rookie ratings. Someone calling it an absolute joke. O Joe, what you got to say for yourself?
Speaker 3: Listen, I got it. I got something to say all of those obviously that you got people that are complaining about obviously players on their team that have got drafted into the first round. Now we talk about Aston Genty, we talk about obviously if you, if you, if you watch no collegiate football, they were exceptional. We got a Heisman winner, and we got.
Speaker 2: Got a standards Russian record exactly.
Speaker 3: Let's understand what they did now, young bull, that's that's my dude. Cam Ward was phenomenal at you and in turning that program around. But listen, this is what we saw fit to put him as before the season starts. You have to remember some of these players haven't played a down on the NFL yet, and everybody wants their rated to be super high when they done nothing. Now rightfully sold Travis Hunter a special individual, asking genty a special individual. I'm not saying that cam Ward is not special. He is that being the quarterback number one for the Tennessee Titans. But listen, a seventy one in justifiable which most rookies come in at the quarterback position at and how you getting mad? This is nothing but room to improve what we do at at EA, what we do for Madden. There's a seventeen game season that's coming up right now, right John, Absolutely, week the week that rating continues to rise and raise based on cons It could drop that too, So listen. By by no means it is where you're going to be at, but it can approve week the week, so it shouldn't be a problem. Some of the players might be upset, cam Ward, I love you. You know how I feel about you?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 3: You hear me? Week the week? Week there, week as you've balled and you play consistent. You got Calvin really over there. I know what you're gonna do. You got time to locket. I know what you're gonna do week to week. They gonna continue the rise, And I got you. There's nothing to be ashamed of. Hey, hey, when I came out of I was I was a sixty seven. I ain't complain.
Speaker 2: That put a chip on my Hey.
Speaker 1: Why is it so hard though, for rookies to come into Madden with like a eighty six eighty eight raid? And I understand, you know, well, I'm saying, so there isn't. There isn't. There's never gonna be a rookie that can come in and they can dominate right away as far as Madden rain, I understand.
Speaker 2: Understand, understand, Joey, O, Joe, I.
Speaker 1: Understand that you know, during the season your rate can go up and down. I think you know you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But why everybody has to start so low?
Speaker 1: It's probably what avid gamers are really thinking, like, man, why he got to be so low when obviously you know I understand what's going on. Well, oh, cho let me ask you to ask this. Let me ask your question as an avid gamer. Where you where did you start where you are now? Or did you have to work your way up? See you didn't come in casanatt did not come in with this big scream just big screaming platform and have all these subs.
Speaker 2: He had to work his way up.
Speaker 1: No matter how popular somebody is, if lebron I mean, it doesn't matter. I mean they want something that they have work for it. You look, I get Travis Hunter got a eighty four, but he probably upset that he didn't get ninety.
Speaker 2: He probably like, man, I should be.
Speaker 1: A ninety nine, saying I won the Heisman Trophy, I won the Blittan, the coff Blitt, the Cup of Ward, I won this award, I'm the defensive player of the year. YadA, YadA, YadA. So he thinks his rating is low at eighty four. Everybody everybody's like, man, I should be a ninety nine.
Speaker 2: I should be this, I should be that.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: I mean give it time. Well they used to didn't even have no rating. So I went from a zero to one hundred, so anything's possible.
Speaker 3: See, it's a good thing, Clavis Hunter. If people understand the accolades and the resume that comes behind. Why he's an eighty four. You'd understand it. You look at asking gent will your compass at the Coleegic level, there's the reason why he's rated where he is. There's nothing wrong with Cambore, nothing at all. He's a great quarterback. I'm hoping he's quarterback number one for Tennessee. And he does the same goddamn thing see the Stride dead for Houston, and the same goddamn thing Jaydon Day dead for good damn Washington. But seventy one is good. You don't want to give these great ratings and then you have nothing to look forward to. You have nothing to look forward to. There's room for improvement. And if he plays how I feel and know he can play week to week, by the time you get the week fifteen, week sixteen, hell, he could be an eighty six eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Mm hm. You're not gonna make everybody happy with the radio, y'all.
Speaker 1: You understand that it's subjective, and anytime you dealing with something subjective, there's gonna always be a problem with the judges or in your case, a judge who helps adjust the Madden rating. And so that's what you're gonna have I mean, it's just like anything anything that's subjective, because you know, if it's diving, if it's gymnastics, anything that's left up to judges unless I win, unless it's a perfect ten or in this case, they're perfect ninety nine, somebody's gonna have something to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every time.
Speaker 1: I'm sure yes, somebody's gonna have something to say pass the tay. Like bro I won Defensive Player of the Year and I ain't a ninety nine.
Speaker 2: It's I'm all pro.
Speaker 1: I'm a pro bowler, back to back Pro Bowl season and I ain't a ninety nine. I mean, damn what I got it? So what do I have to do to get a night? And he's probably thinking, and I haven't talked to him, but I'm saying, oh, Joe, he's probably thinking, oh, what I gotta win?
Speaker 2: M v p oh on.
Speaker 3: He done tweeted me. Now he didn't got me. I told him. I told him, twin, I got you, I got you, relaxed. I know what you did last year. We understand how special specially you are. Hell, we had a whole goddamn dissertation with the with the premier seven in the NFL about how difficult it is to get open on you. I'm gonna take care of you. I'm gonna get you. But as it is all and this is this is a funny thing on Hey Joe, this was this was this was this what kind of hurts my nerve? All the people that are complaining about batis right. All these avid gamer all these mad enthusiasts like y'all complain about raids and not even a good at the game. They not not even They just complaining to be complaining because if you were really good, the rating wouldn't matter because it's all about your stick work, being able to manipulate, maneuvers on how to play like nobody. A small fun fact, Joe, and something you didn't know, not only by the mad raiding is juste right. You know, I'm the best Madden player in the world, that Madden player in the world, in the world, hey Joe, in the world, Joe. That's why when I hear people complaining about me doing the rains, I'm like, you can't even play because I don't care about nobody raising because my stick work is is elite.
Speaker 2: But I had to get the game of tag and check you out. Bro.
Speaker 3: You like that, Joe, don't do that to your death, Joe, don't you.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 3: I'm like that, Yeah, Joe, Hey, hey Joe, they call me thumbs. You get down like that. Yeah, they caught me thumb. Yeah, they call me thumb like that on that game and stuff. Man, that's all I do. Hey, Joe, I lost relations I lost, Hey, Joe, he I lost relationships behind game and Joe. That's how serious I take me too, me too.
Speaker 1: I think to say, look, Derrick Henry has a case to be here, Like, hold on, bro I let the league of rush touchdowns. I had the second most rush yards nineteen hundred and twenty with nineteen hundred twenty one.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I ain't a ninety nine. You're like, what more do I gotta do?
Speaker 3: So, look, they're everybody in ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what.
Speaker 1: I'm That's the point that I'm getting at is that everybody unless you are ninety nine. Really only the ones that have the ninety nine are happy with their grade. Everybody else, whether they got a ninety eight, ninety seven, ninety six, they're not happy with their grade. I just never understood me, honestly, Oh yo, I really never understood it because just because you're not a nine on the game.
Speaker 2: That don't mean you ninety nine on the field.
Speaker 1: Because you ninety six eighty four, well whatever, that don't mean you like that now right? You have to prove it to me every single week. You might start out as a nine and nine, but I don't need to see a ninety nine week one week, five week, ten week, twelve week, fifteen, sixteen. The guys that got the rating, kudos, uh Chase and Miles Garrett. And whether the quarterback they got nine or nine, I don't know. If they're the quarterback, they got it. Like I said, I think uh.
Speaker 2: Uh, I think Lamar Lamar, Lamar, Lamar lamar Jos Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen. Yeah, they deserved it. Okay, cool, but I promise you will y'all get it on the field. Ain't nobody thinking about nobody rating Ojo? Well you would again, you would against dB oh Man. I ain't gonna be able to get over that Jo ninety six oh Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know what I would do, but let.
Speaker 3: Me taste something though. And Joe, Hey, the players really do care about their ratings though they do.
Speaker 2: I know they.
Speaker 3: Joe, I didn't got I didn't. Got a few text messages I see passing them like come on, so do me right? Due is yes? And I tell them one thing. If you got a problem with your your ratings, I can show you why you are what you are. I can break it down in PowerPoint presentation and let you know. See they used to the players used to think, oh, they got somebody that ain't never played the game and they don't know the rate. No, I know, I'm watching film. I'm breaking film down, and we're we're basing your rating based on your play, not just week to week, also against elite play against other players at composition that are really really good. Are you going to show up?
Speaker 2: Don't?
Speaker 3: Don't just play good when it's somebody that you know is a little beneath you that you happen to be going against week one and two? You know how you show up against the big boys that are in your upper echelon of skill and talent.
Speaker 1: A y'all know this, this this video game stuff, man, And then came a long way, you know, from when we was kids.
Speaker 2: So a lot of these cats.
Speaker 1: Get oh yeah yeah, getting a chance to be in Madden, getting a chance to be in NBA, two K, Like, yes, the ratings are a big deal. Dudes look forward to, you know, seeing what they got on the game. You know what I mean, within themselves. So I kind of understand it to an extent, but like say, it's shit. You can't please everybody, man. Lamar Jackson in twenty nineteen was a seventy nine. Trevor Lawrence in twenty twenty two was a seventy eight. Joe Burrow in twenty twenty one was a seventy six. Patrick Mahomes in twenty seventeen was a seventy six. Caleb Williams in twenty twenty five was a seventy six. Josh Allen the year he came out all these are rookies, I might add, was seventy four.
Speaker 2: Cam Ward is a seventy two.
Speaker 1: So Joe Burrow was a seventy six coming off the Heisman Trophy and statistically had the greatest season ever for a quarterback. He threw over five thousand yards and sixty touchdowns and had chased so and he got a seventy six. Lamar Jackson was a Heisman Trophy winning quarterback and he got a seventy nine. Patrick Mahomes just had a game where he threw for over seven hundred yards. Caleb Williams a Heisman Trophy winning quarter back with a seventy six. So I mean, what y'all want, y'all y'all want, y'all want to put him? Y'all wanted man? And oh your the adjusters, all those adjusters to put him at what what would be a great What would be an ideal rating for a rookie cab ward? Eighty five? Eighty sixty ain't nothing, but that's what I'm asking. What would be an ideal rating to appease the masses?
Speaker 2: Listen? What do he need? What do you need? An eighty?
Speaker 1: Now we're here, seventy one right now, seventy two. I think people think I'm just speaking probably for the people. I think they specially gamers. Probably by the seventy eight, seventy seven.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, he could be that by week five.
Speaker 2: I understanding.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen. Tennessee could be the dark horse team this year. Up. There's only the team that come out of nowhere and just, oh my goodness, they wore us. They do things we thought they couldn't do based on what they did last year. They might be him.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna understand why Lamar got a seventy nine because Lamar had legs and and arm, So I can see why the same reason he got in ninety nine, the same reason Josh Allen got in ninety nine, because not only can they beat you with their arm, they can beat you with their legs.
Speaker 2: So I get.
Speaker 1: Why Lamar coming out with a seventy nine and Josh. We knew he was athletic, but we didn't know Josh was like this athletic. We saw Kayler Williams with the hocus polkas and all that other the old things that he did, Heisman Trophy winning. At the end of the day, somebody wasn't gonna be happy with their rating. Somebody wasn't gonna be happy that they got a seventy. Somebody got an eighty five and they're not happy with that. Somebody got a ninety four and they're not happy with that. So you're not going to be able to please everyone. But I tell you what you can do. You can play and change that grade it. You know what the teacher used to tell you, Oh, I'm gonna give you some extra curricular work and you can pull that b up to A A. Or you can take that A and go to an A plus, or you can take that C and take it to a B. That's all on you. Okay, you don't like the grade the seventy two, do something about it.
Speaker 3: It is. It is, it is. And speaking now to be on the topic a football. You know what what I love about I hate to go off topic. What I love about Twitter right now is the clips that I keep seeing from camp with the one on ones, the receivers. I'm happy. I'm joy breaking down with each receiver did wrong or what the dB did wrong but the dB did right, and with the receiver did wrong, and just breaking it down and watching it. Man that I'm talking about. I feel like a little kid in the candy store just watching some of the videos from from like Brown's camp. I saw some one on ones with with the Panthers that ke Ke Coleman, ke On Coleman. Well, Kean Coleman sent me.
Speaker 2: His one on one video so far from Buffalo. Yes, he sent me.
Speaker 3: He sent them to my phone. I'm looking like, boy, you've been putting some work, but it's all seated. So and that's what I'm saying in my head. I ain't even get a chance to hit him back. But he sent me some stuff, you know, the go over and just you know, to talk a little bit critique it. Cochy man. Listen, man ke, I know you're probably gonna see this boy. I gear that for right now, you know, but I need to see it on Sundays. I need to see it on Sunday. But but you look good boy.
Speaker 2: Because the thing is o jo. You know.
Speaker 1: The difference between one on one and practice and one on one in the game is that somebody might you might think one on one and they playing zone. Well, you know, one on one in practice, it's all one. It's all man to man. Ain't a zone, right, so you run it in hand.
Speaker 2: You patient? Everybody got patience in practice. O yo.
Speaker 1: Oh you're taking your time. You setting no boy up. But you know come game time, hey, ain't nobody rushing that see, ain't nobody in the quarterback and you got.
Speaker 2: To go to go all that.
Speaker 1: Quarterback. This is what happened to your quarterback. Why you did it? Your quarterback slop? Your quarterback slopped over the wheel because he got hit the back of his head.
Speaker 3: Man, it was it was I don't mean I'm so excited, make me so excited. Though there was a there was a rep on on on Twitter with Denzel Ward. Jesus Christ, my god, this motherfucker so polished. Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, come on, you're gonna get day. We ain't gonna make no money tonight.
Speaker 3: Bro Listen, listen, listen. It was Cedric Tillman and Denzel Ward bump and run and and it was. It was when it's done right, the game of football is so beautiful. Yes, from a from a position standpoint, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna break it down right now, but it was. It was man that with Dinzel Wards. It's nice about the technician.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, see the thing is he's he's a small frame, so he has to be nice because he doesn't he doesn't have you.
Speaker 2: Know, overwhelming sides right right, so you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Oh Joe, So he his technique has to be flawless, and it is.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I mean, you though, he's here here, you know he he's great that he's loose in his hips, so he's great to eat, to turn, to run. He's very fluid. He transitions very well. When you hear oh he transitioned. Hey, he back pedal, drop a start to run. Hey, dB, comeback in the comeback. Oh, y'all on that too. Yeah, I'm one that too. I dropped my hips. I'm on that too.
Speaker 2: Hey. So I just want you to know I'm right here, Hey, Uncle o Joe. And at this time and the year, at this at this time of the.
Speaker 1: Year doing camp. Tell me something, y'all, y'all enjoy coming into camp already like in peak shape or you kind of use camp to kind of you know, get it.
Speaker 2: In peak shape. You get in shape player.
Speaker 3: Football no matter how much he does out.
Speaker 1: I see guys out there who don't look like they're in great shape, man, And I see some guys who look like that in elite shape. That's all I'm saying. I'm saying, like, but where's your mindset coming into camp? No, the thing was, look I taped off like the last two weeks, I was still I was probably like not at that point in time, I was probably ninety percent. Because here's the thing. This is how you know you're not in shape. When they were putting that two minute drill on your ass and every a you run a go, you run a post and you wanna come back. Yes, And the first thing you do this after three plays, that lets you know right now you ain't where you need to be. Comes to and and come and now that's what happens to guys now, o Joe, because at least and and uh and preseason, we're gonna get everything that we need to do in the regular season, we're gonna get to some of that. Yeah, they're gonna say, you know what, because Mike might say, you know what, We're gonna open up the game with two minutes.
Speaker 2: We're gonna open up the game with no.
Speaker 1: Huddle because I want to make sure we get some of that with our number ones. So before anybody gets Dean, I'm gonna make sure we get that. We're gonna get some short yardage in goal line. We're gonna make sure we get some a twelve personnel, We're gonna get some eleven personnel. You know, we're gonna get some empty set. We're gonna get all of that, Joe. But yes, it gives you a great foundation because we've been sprinting on the track, and we've been running.
Speaker 2: Hundreds and two hundreds and one, fifties and threes.
Speaker 1: We've been doing all that, But we ain't been doing none of that with no helmet and no joke past.
Speaker 2: That's what we ever been doing exactly.
Speaker 1: And so now once guys start leaning on you and we all do always do that stuff on the third day, when that soreness, when that old man city, yeah.
Speaker 2: Already that old man said it on your joke man.
Speaker 1: Listen, Hey, look, I enjoyed camp like it was always fun. But the best times is when you come into camp and you already kind of in great, great shape because they gonna run the dogs.
Speaker 2: Jock out in the NBA. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You're gonna do a lot of seventeen you know them, Uh, I forgot what was naming them down the backs and you gotta make it a certain amount of time, y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all do suicide NBA.
Speaker 1: What man, Listen, I don't know what they're doing right now, but I'm saying, when I came into the league, ohoe and oh one man, we work, bro, like I'm talking about line drill seventeens just the end practice. Yeah, like you had to be in shape, bro. You had we had we had conditioning tests that we had to do.
Speaker 3: Hey, they was on that coach Cartervoutine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can't see that. But oh Joe, that's what we did too. See, we we did two minutes at the end of practice. We never did two minutes at the beginning of practice. He said, because guess what it's gonna be at the end of game, in which you're gonna need a two minute So why doing it when you freshest, when you're gonna be at your tired laking the ball game. So that's what I want. Hey man, we beat up Red and did all that stuff, all right, two minutes two minutes, man, I just got off the field. They get you cut off hot, yeah, they get you where you had it worse when you tied dead dog tied. You re to get up out of there, get get down on there. We got seventeen everybody gotta make it. What yeah, yeah, And that's what that's And so yes, you want a good foundation and and and you're right, Joe, if you got that good foundation, it's a lot easier. But man, ain't nothing like football football shape. But playing football, you got to do it you because you ain't blocking guys, I mean, you gotta drive to try to get the guy. Hey, O joga. You gotta run, guys. You gotta run guys out because you don't want to block up and run the risks. You got to run twenty thirty yards down the field and come back and guess what do it again? If it's another run, play or it might be a play. Oh Joe, Hey, you ready for this deep ball?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Now you Hey, you just ran to god thirty yards. Now you got to come back and run a go ball.
Speaker 3: And you better and you better hope it's complete because now you got to run back again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It get a look different when the guys get on you, I know, because it's just like in basketball. You ain't in You can go go to the track, get on the treadmill, do all the running you want to. But once you get out there, somebody go to touching on you and pushing you. It's it's a lot different, all right, guys, Brown's on the Jimmy Haslm felt the need of unprompted to tell the media yesterday that your door Sanders was not his pick. Let's take a listen to what the owner had to say about selecting your door.
Speaker 2: Good process.
Speaker 3: Okay, and if you just told me you see you picked him on Saturday, right Friday night, driving home pic your door, I would say that that's not happening.
Speaker 1: But we had a conversation earlier that morning, in your conversation later that.
Speaker 2: Day up here at the right people involved in.
Speaker 1: The conversation, or if at the end of the day, that's in Barry's call, if you made the call to picture door, just like he's gonna start or what play we're gonna call.
Speaker 2: It is Kevin's call. But that's that's Andrew's call and made them talk. Who asked him that?
Speaker 1: Why did he Why did he feel the need to share that information on Joe?
Speaker 2: Nobody? That's what unprompted?
Speaker 1: So you drift, Mitch, ain't Nobody asked you what round did you think was gonna take your dow in?
Speaker 2: Why did you take? Nobody asked you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if so he felt the need, and I get it, Yes he's the owner, but it's like, I'm like, bro, if y'all felt if you feel this well by your door, why y'all still got Themand it seemed like every time I turn around, oh Joe, somebody trying to take a dig at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well I got I got a question. I have a question for the chat and Uncle Joe. I'm not sure if y'all know how long did Jimmy hasn't been with the Cleveland Browns A long ass time, A long time. So since two thousand, the Cleveland Browns have thirty five different starting quarterbacks. In two thousand, thirty five different starting quarterbacks. But now you're going to take it for yourself to say that jadere saying is one your pick and that's probably why it's gonna work, because you had no dealings in him being drafted. I'm watch all God work, watchy'all God work.
Speaker 2: What about all the other picks you had who picked with they?
Speaker 1: He is?
Speaker 3: But he hey, listen, he never He never came out before and said never.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, when I when I look at it, when I look at it, I just like how a young man going about itself?
Speaker 2: Man should do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, there's no there's no better way to go about this than keep your head down and keep working.
Speaker 2: Bro. He's uh. I think he's been doing a phenomenal job at that. Obviously.
Speaker 1: I think everybody's been keeping up with what's been going on in Cleveland. I know I have UH and he looked like he looked like he looks comfortable out there first and foremost, and he looks like he's still enjoying the game, man. And I think this is just more you know, fuel to the fire as opposed to it's gonna help him out throughout the regular season, throughout his season or throughout his NFL career in general. So I understand what what what the owner said, but uh, I think she do it doing an awesome job. With all this that's going around. You can see he's in the community, not only in the community, but he looked like he's playing his butt off.
Speaker 2: Now. I don't know how much. I don't know how much any of this.
Speaker 1: Way with you know, what he's been doing in you know, in the OTAs and off season and camp and all that. But I mean, I don't lie, bro. I know, you know, they ain't out there hitting or nothing like that. But he looks comfortable out that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: It's really hard for me to say because from everything that I read, he gets one or two reps with the first team and one or two reps period and that's it. It's reported that his dad wanted to come to camp just like he went to a Tampa. He said, no, Daddy said Dad, he said, I might get three or four reps. He says, I'm not where I want to be. But what if reported is being reported is true? But once I get to where I want to be, coming up being right. But I don't get this who it was that was? That was an Andrew Barry's pick. And just like the guys that play that's such and such. So all these quarterbacks that y'all had, and I mean you have Baker, So who's picked with Baker and Baker. Look, Baker had had a decent and he got injured and for whatever reason, you know Baker's telling the story, they wanted him to, you know, turn tone it down a little bit and wouldn't let him be himself. And you see, Baker is like himself in Tampa and he's thriving. Now, does he have a better collection of wide receivers around him and Tampa that he had in Cleveland?
Speaker 2: Yes he does, he does.
Speaker 1: Ain't no sense in us trying to fool Foolan said he has the same level of skill position players around him because he doesn't.
Speaker 2: He just doesn't.
Speaker 1: But I don't get why Jimmy Haslam felt the need to take this shot.
Speaker 2: That should do her.
Speaker 1: Oh uh, you know, if you'd have told me we were gonna take him, I was like, that's not gonna happen or whatever.
Speaker 2: He said? Why? I mean, why, why? Why did he feel the need to say that? O Joe?
Speaker 3: You know what they're trying to do. You know what they're trying to do, trying to break him. They use the draft trying to break him. We're gonna make him. Wait, okay, now he's here, he's doing everything he's supposed to do, doing everything he's supposed to do plus the extra. Then okay, how can we break him down? He's out here playing very well to you, I told you what hey, listen, mayear is over that now, and is is over there. I don't need to be there to see and hear they with me? Now? So what do we do now? He's playing well, he's got the offense down, he's not making too many mistakes. He's throwing touchdowns where he's running with the one to two three of the falls.
Speaker 2: So what we do now?
Speaker 3: The one has to come and try to break him again, break his spirit a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, Barry Pitt.
Speaker 1: But listen, but why though, is it because of what they may seem to be is flamboyant in college, because he would a jewey, he would the ice Y's just part of who he is. Man, It's just part of his swag. That's how he grew up.
Speaker 3: Hey, really, Joe, honestly, that's all the collegiate athletes coming out of college this year. Everybody look at all of them.
Speaker 1: They got a little bread, and so it seemed like to me a week attempt. The guy's already.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 1: I know what people you say, Hey, you can you maintain confidence, but when you're not getting any run, and you used to like, I'm a prime example of that. I used to call my brother. I said, man, I ain't get no run today. All he said, just be ready, he said, John Elwire, gonna call your number, but make sure when he called your number. I like, man, you keep saying that. You said that yesterday all my number, he said. I said, you keep I'm saying to myself, you keep saying that, but it ain't happening. And sure enough. But I was like, I ain't got nothing but time. The way I looked at it, Joe and O Joe, is that as long as I'm here, I still got a chance. It's like, when I'm no longer there, I don't have a chance to make the team. So as long as I can state, the longer I stay, because guess what, I'm gonna do something. Y'all gonna put me somewhere and I'm gonna flash something I'm gonna make. I'm gonna make a block, you gonna put me on special teams. I'm gonna do something that you say, you know what? That came from Savannah State. He too big, too strong, too fast, not for us to final play by hey, create a create a job for me.
Speaker 2: We ain't high.
Speaker 3: And the funny, the funny thing about it is all the turmoil, all the all the negativity, but it's coming from the Cleveland media, whether it's coming from the owner gym has him and saying he wasn't my pick. When that preseason starts and he gets his opportunity, the cream is gonna rass at the top no matter what, because good at doing one thing, he's good at playing football. Yes, he's good at playing football. He's been a winner from Jackson State, the goddamn Colorado And now you're in a different environment and that journey starts all over again. Even with the enemy right in your backyard against you.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes that's that's really hard to overcome, OYO, When when it seems like the people rooting against you, that's right there. I mean, I thought I thought, I thought we was all in this thing together. It don't seem like it.
Speaker 3: I tell you, I tell you who on the side, though. I tell you who on the side when that goddamn when that goddamn stadium started rooting, start screaming for Shador, when that goddamn dog pound start going crazy and the chance starts start shouting for Shador, when things ain't going right with the Browns, all right, I guarantee you know what, watch watch how to Play Out.
Speaker 1: I just hope, I just hope he's still he's around, loading up for those said things to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That that that that's because think about o, Yo, you signed Joe Flacco eighteen years well, you know he's not He's year eighteen. He's not your answer long term. You re signed Kenny Pickett hoping that he got a little hamstring tweak. So now basically is Dylan Gabriel uh uh and should do her. But it seemed like Flacco and get Gabriel and and and Flacco getting all the reps.
Speaker 2: That's what it appears to me from what I read now.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not you know, following it that close because that you know, put all that time in there, and and guys that you're watching, they're not gonna be there. So as they get to the preseason on show, you get the game or two and so we'll get a better understanding, a better feel like okay, this kid, you know, get an opportunity to see them guys play, like.
Speaker 2: Okay, he can play.
Speaker 1: Because I want to see guys play against somebody playing somebody else just trying to make a team.
Speaker 2: Also, you don't know you y'all, don't walk.
Speaker 1: Off the field talking hey man, hey, you know what you're gonna do tonight?
Speaker 2: Or well you know what you what you know such and such.
Speaker 1: Hey, I want to see you go against another guy in another colored uniform that's in the same situation that you are. He's trying to make he's trying to live out his fantasy. He's trying to live out his dream. He's trying to make sure his mom and his grandma and if he has a kid or a girlfriend or significant other. He's trying to make sure they're taken care of, just like you. But this, I'm shocked by what Jimmy Haslom had to say because nobody asked him. Nope, this was something that you probably should have asked. Oh Joe, after the draft, you asked, you asked this, Okay, So what was your thought process taking your door in the fifth round? You know, they said the grade they had on him, the grade they had, and the grade they had. So that's when you're like, well, hey, we felt that, you know, we had this grade on him, and we felt that, you know, he might be there, so we said, now round between rounds four and five, if he's there, we're gonna grab it. Okay, But that's a couple that's a day after the drift. That's two days at worked at best work case, that's a week after the draft.
Speaker 2: O Joe, the drift was in April.
Speaker 3: Makes no sense.
Speaker 1: After the drift was in April, and here we are that like May June July. That's three that's three months. If we talking about that's an Andrew Berry pick and listen.
Speaker 3: I can understand if your decision making in the past, as if you the goddamn quarterback whisper yes, coming out and saying something like that and being confident about it, like you just yeah, been making golden when it came to picking quarterbacks the last thirty five with your picks in nothing. So probably this one that you had nothing to do with, that might be the answer.
Speaker 1: If you Green Bay, y'all got bred farg and then you get Aaron Rodgers and now you got George Love, I would say, well, you know what, hey, oh Joe, Joe. He might be on the s right right half. They about to half fifty years of prosperity at the quarterback position. But when you've had thirty five years of turmoil and chaos at the quarterback position, with the exception of maybe a year or two here or there, you got one year Derek Anderson, you got a couple of years with Baker, but other than that, let's be realistic. Now, come on, Browns. Yeah, and she does strikes me as a guy. You know, when them lights come on, yo, I feel like he gonna perform at the highest level, you know what I mean, Like he gonna put on you know what I mean. That's that's the type of guy. He strikes me as so, man, I'm gonna be paying attention to them.
Speaker 2: Brown.
Speaker 1: See what's gonna happen? Now, they got four quarterbacks over there, right? What they what they gonna doka?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 1: I don't see a team keeping four quarterbacks, man, you know, part a part of me, a part of me. Hope they like try to put him on the practice squad and somebody comes side there.
Speaker 2: So they so you can carry you know, they'll carry three quarterbacks and put.
Speaker 1: One on the that's too many positions because the quarterbacks don't play special team. So you got it though, because there's only there's only forty six guys, those spots are valuable. Normally you're carrying a guy, a wide receiver that could you know, he can play multiple positions. He can play the eggs, he can play the Z, he can play the slot, and he plays special team. Same thing with a linebacker, same thing with the swing offensive line. But he can play guard, he can play tackle. Okay, So that's what to look at it. I'm looking at a guy that can play multiple positions because if I get somebody to go down, what can a quarterback do? Side quarterback? Maybe your hope maybe maybe in high school. Oh Joe, he punted or kicked to something. But for the most part, you keep If you're gonna keep somebody extra, it's gonna be a wide receiver, a dB, somebody that can play special teams.
Speaker 2: That's why they say he Special teams is the quickest.
Speaker 1: Way to earn a place on the rocks unless you wanted the top Now you top dog. Got mean, we get that, you Joe Burrow or Chase or somebody like that.
Speaker 2: Lamards, we get that.
Speaker 1: But guys that are not that are not extra, like say starter that when hey Rue's up, he runs on the field, and when if far and down, he comes off the field, and he ain't got to stay out there for punting. Special team. The more you can do, the longer you can play. The more you can do, the longer you can play. And but I don't, I don't. I didn't like this at all because, like I said, here we are three months in Ojoe and this man talking about that's an Andrew Barry Pick.
Speaker 3: It's trying to break him up. It's all mind games.
Speaker 2: They are they are, they are, they did what they did.
Speaker 1: They like, we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna show you, We're gonna we're gonna show coach Prime. You know, they talking about you know, the man Ings and everybody looked at the man, even Eli did what he did, and you know Arch and you know, so forth and so on. They're like, Nah, you're not gonna do that. We're gonna show you that. We're gonna start it right here, and then we're gonna take a little further. We only gonna get your handful of reps.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna see how how how long?
Speaker 1: Hey, if I'm trying to break it, they say they put you in solitary, solitary o Joe, because they say, you know, we used to communicate it, and when there's no one to communicate to you, and all you can do is hear your heart beat and the only the only communication is going on in your own head.
Speaker 3: And you know what, that could be a good thing. Sometimes they put people in solitary confinement, right, and it does it more, It does it more good than harm because it gives you to much time to think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to be a solitary away from you.
Speaker 1: Sorry you can Yeah, I wanted to be a solitaire oh your cause I want to be away from you. Sorry, Mobo so y'all back rub off on me. I think I think, look, look, I think he definitely locked in.
Speaker 2: Though you can see it, Bro, you can see it, well, he doesn't really, he really doesn't have a choice.
Speaker 1: I think I think Time has done a great job Time dealing with what he's dealing with. Cause think about it now, it's still Time, son. But in the meantime, I've got to deal with what I've got to deal with. I've got something gravely going on with me and I got two sons that because the only coach that should do has ever had has been Time. Yep, he's the only only play for his dad played for his daddy. Jay played for his dad in high school and coming up, he coached him in Pop Warner. Time used to take them kids all over the place. They play Snoop Dogg. They played, end up playing Snoop Dogg. When because the Time and I went to the hall together. Uh, they playing all up in Texas. They coming, they coming, and they're driving playing other teams. I think they played while they was up there in Canton. So that's the only coach you've ever had. And now my dad's think about it, man, my dad dealing with something I don't know, you know, what's really going on, because Tom said, you know, I really didn't let the boys know what was really going on because they gotta focus on that. The last thing is to let your mind wander, O Joe. You know when you in camp, hey, I'm here. That's what I tell when you hear you gotta be here now. Now, when you over there, deal with whatever you gotta deal with over there, and don't.
Speaker 2: Worry about here. But when you hear you gotta be here.
Speaker 1: And so I think Time did a great job of shielding him, not telling them the extent of what's really going on with him so he can stay locked in. Especially we know how hard the quarterback position is to play, Oh Joe, the last thing you need is to be worried about man, Pops, Man, samn, Pops. Really, Pop's really messed up right now? Man, I ain't getting no burn. Pops messed up on a trip and saying all kind of crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's like I said, you don't know what a person's going through. You don't know, Uh, you know, you try not to, you try to compartmentalize when I'm here, Joe, Ojoe, I'm here, and like when i'm when I'm done, I'll deal with whatever I need to deal with off the field.
Speaker 2: I'll deal with that. Then.
Speaker 1: Man, you just say, man, I can, I can. I can brain work home, but I can't take you to work. And that's how it is. You can't be cause they tell you, oh yeah, there's there's more important things than sports. They line they say that for for the public, for for public. Oh yeah, no, no, no, no no. When you play a professional sport, o jo, they're making a buddy leclear. Oh yeah, that's the most important thing is that sport. Yeah, So Chel, keep your head up, keep plugging away. Boy, do your thing. You built for this, You are built for this. Daryl Murray also felt the need to talk about the Lakers twenty twenty title today. Murray said, had the Rockets won the title, I absolutely would have celebrated as legitimate, knowing the immense effort and resilience.
Speaker 2: Required.
Speaker 1: Yet everyone speaking around the league privately agrees that it doesn't truly hold up as a genuine championship. Perhaps the last legacy of the NBA bubble is that the NBA should be proud of its leadership at both the beginning and the end of the pandemic, even through the champion will forever be marked by an asterisk. Daryl morri you should be the last one to talk after what you almost blew up by saying what you said about China, and you got your busses, you got your butt.
Speaker 2: Out of there.
Speaker 1: Every see, everybody talks about, Well, it's an asterisk because you didn't win it. Now you just said, I absolutely would have celebrated as legitimate doing the admiss everyty resilience that it took to do it. But now because you didn't win it, So is there astery by the strike a short year? What year that was? Ninety nine?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The strike short? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. What about twenty twelve? Twenty twelve? Was the strike short? Didn't y'all didn't y'all? Wasn't y'all shorten? Twenty twelve?
Speaker 2: Joke? Yeah yeah, And uh, he don't ask you about that one.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he put that astray by the bubble.
Speaker 1: But I honestly think because he didn't win, absolutely, But I honestly think I didn't think it was an advantage to anybody playing in the bubble, you know what I mean, Like I wouldn't put no astray by, you know, because nobody.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Ten's probably harder, y'all. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm saying, No, I don't know if it was harder than neither. I don't feel like because you took away a lot of the elements of traveling, playing in altitude environments, things of that sort, like we are all right here, No, what about you couldn't go nowhere? Yeah, I mean I know that. I know that's hard. I knew that was hard. You know, I'm saying, I tell you what I would do. I'll tell you what I would do, Joe. I would put you in. I would put you in your house for one hundred days and all you could do is go to your backyard and come home.
Speaker 2: How much you can't do nothing? How much money I'm making whatever? The playoffs play? Okay, So he's saying, just to play. Yeah, that's because that's what they can.
Speaker 1: Don't get no extra Hey, look, hey, look, I wasn't locked obviously, you know I played in CBT.
Speaker 2: It wasn't It wasn't nowhere near.
Speaker 1: It's being locked in for ninety days or how many days those guys locked in. I played in the TVT and it was a quarantine environment. We was locked in a hotel for like seven it's about ten days. So I know, I know the challenges that these dudes had to go through, But I'm saying I don't think it should be an asterisk, like I think everybody was. No, absolutely not. Yeah, no, I think I think everything about with THET. Think about the pandemic itself.
Speaker 2: Joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people losing their mind. They couldn't go nowhere, o choke. You couldn't go to a you couldn't go sit inside a restaurant, or you couldn't go to a club, or you couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it was in some places, but I happened to be in Cali at the time. And when I say Callie shut it down, Callie shut it down.
Speaker 2: Now I know.
Speaker 1: Georgia shut it down for a week. Florida shut it down. Georgia wasn't shut down, but they were getting two of that out here. You and me, huh, I'll go yeah, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: O Joe, listen.
Speaker 3: It was it was easy for them, especially during that time. It was easy for the people that don't actually that don't be outside. Yeah, I didn't. I didn't go anywhere anyway. So when the when the pandemic happened, listen, I chose that time to catch up on some stuff Netflix, movies that hadn't seen. You know, I would tweet what should I watch? Hell, I ain't see the Wire? You know I was? Was I playing during that time? No? I think I think I might have forgot where it was. I had never seen the wire. The people told me to watch the Wire. I watched Ozark, I caught up.
Speaker 2: On Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I caught up on all types of stuff on Netflix. That was good. I had a bunch of cigars with me, and you know, I had a little cor for machine. Heah, I ain't need to go nowhere. Everything I needed was right here. And then I got my game.
Speaker 1: Hey, but look though, and he's talking about yet everyone go ahead, oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Do y'all think that the.
Speaker 1: The COVID times, it really changes because think about this. You know, you had your homeboys or your friends talking about they want to come over. You don't know what they done being You're like, hold on now, you can't come over, bro, you know what I mean? And then since it's been over a lot of us are still kind of knuckled up. Hey, hey, hey, how you doing bro right? Hey?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, even still announced to this day like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Darryl Moore said, Yet everyone I speak to around the league probably agreed that it truly doesn't hold up as a genuine championship. So did you ask people around the league what they thought about what you said about China? Asking what they genuinely think about how you almost blew it up right right?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You know why? Let me tell you why did because Lebron James won it? Anybody any other superstar had won that championship, Joe Johnson, you and I both know it'd been legit. It was because Lebron James wanted it ain't legit. You think that's why a lot of people put that in. Yeah, yes, absolutely, Michael Kobe, Larry Magic, it, Deah, anybody else. And that's what I asked him. I said, Okay, y'all say, well, because you said that Lebron came to LA to be a sixth Saint Kevin Hart, he came to be a movie. He came to win an oscar as opposed to a Larry O'Brian trophy. Okay, he comes out here, he plays, he wins. Now, so what's what's the what's the debate? Had anybody else done that? I say, now, y'all say that's what he did? I say, now, oh, man, Jordan was past this prime Jordan. I say, let me ask you a question. Had Jordan won the NBA title, would y'all say he won seven? Or would he ever just won six? Come on, now, y'all said, y'all game seven? Yeah, but because he didn't win, Oh, he wasn't even trying to win.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was.
Speaker 1: I thought that everything Georgie Tech was serious. The reason why they did it like this is because Lebron won. Had anybody else won, they not calling the Bubble Tech Championship. They're not calling it saying an asterisk needs to be added.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Even Darryl Morre, even Darryl Morray is trying to man is the man. I guarantee you take it. I guarantee you take it. You need to worry about Philly. That's what you need to do. All that money. I tell you, what, pull another season like you had this year and see what happened to you.
Speaker 3: But he the owner though what they gonna do then.
Speaker 2: Gentle JOHNH. Harris is the owner.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, you think they're fire.
Speaker 1: Have another boy? He you see that money he done gave out. Yeah, it's you miss the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Somebody gonna have to go. Joe.
Speaker 1: They still yeah, they still owe Joe L and B. Damn near three hundred million.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: They gave TDD Reeves maxim Max deal. They got Paul George on the Max deal.
Speaker 3: Maxy.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: If Paul, if Paul ni a ankle, whatever whatever it is, if he come back healthy, they're gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: He don't get healthy as you get older. I think he just had another procedure too. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, I wish I could give all them boys my and legs, man and arms and akilis and knees. I just damn, man, I hate seeing people get injured.
Speaker 2: Man, this some boy, But who asked you?
Speaker 1: Hold up? Who asked him this? Everybody just feel like they ever really talking to movie?
Speaker 2: Today? Is just Joe.
Speaker 1: Everybody was in a real talking to movie today, Oh Joe. Yeah, so, ain't nobody bro, It's twenty twenty five. They just got the new package Amazon. Somebody Amazon just got spent seventy seven billion, seventy six billion. Amazon got a package, NBC got a package. He has He ain't got a package. They about to make money out to Yin Yang and you talking about twenty twenty five? Why yeah, I promise you. Nobody in the history of the game has received more criticism than Lebron James.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy for what.
Speaker 1: Because he's no matter what you thought about it, man, I think he's gonna be good. He's exceeded all expectations, no matter what you thought he.
Speaker 2: Might be, He's exceeded everything. Nobody.
Speaker 1: People say, ain't nobody gonna break Kareem's record, because first of all, you're not gonna play long enough and you're not gonna be consistent enough. He did that. Man, Ain't nobody gonna get no. Nineteen All Star Games? He got twenty one. Man Ain't nobody gonna be no. All the NBA all those times he got twenty one thirteen first teams.
Speaker 2: I just don't get it, man, Listen, he go uh ojo.
Speaker 1: Y'all know when you when you've been at the top for so long, they gotta start, they gotta start picking at you.
Speaker 2: Bro. They got they gotta start picking at it. It's just kind of a part of it.
Speaker 1: That's just kind of what it seems like, because, like like you said, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: He's exceeded expectations.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about for him since the time he came into the NBA and what eighteen nineteen years old man expect they put on him, he exceeded at That's crazy. Yes, yeah, there's not a whole lot of eighteen year old old get handed.
Speaker 2: The keys to a franchise. Oh man, eighteen.
Speaker 1: No college, no dominant male. I mean, I guess the dominant male figures would be his coach, coach Drew. They don't hand the keys to a franchise to an eighteen year old.
Speaker 2: That's what he did. That's what they gave him.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's what they gave him.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's almost like, well, my favorite player didn't play that long, he should just go.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you if your favorite player could play at that level that he's playing at, he'd stayed.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Kobe body broke down on him.
Speaker 1: He had to shoulder towards labrum, and he had their keen Ley's injury, and he was just he had given it all he got. And you know what, Kobe was that Mercedes that had five hundred thousand miles on it.
Speaker 2: And it just pulled out of the road and it just stopped.
Speaker 1: You don't think Jordan, if Jordan could have still played at that elite level, you don't think he just continued to play of cards.
Speaker 2: We all would playing right now.
Speaker 1: Of course they're mad at the man that's taking care of his body for this long. Lord is blessed and beyond blessed, and he's able to play at an elite level. Even in year twenty two. The man average twenty four eight and eight in year twenty two, and everybody else the average. I don't even think anybody did anybody average twenty two the average double figures and year twenty twould what considering that only Vince Carter's played the twenty two twenty two seasons.
Speaker 3: Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about that man, and we just tried, and people just try to find things to nit picking, to pick him apart, and I just I just I just I'll I'll just never I'll just never understand why why, I mean, it's gonna I mean, he's gonna be gone and then you know, eventually KD. Eventually Steph will have new guys in there. What that's when he'll be missed the most, though, I mean.
Speaker 3: Somebody else, somebody else will take his place on somebody else that they're going to love to hate somebody.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's never been anybody before or since him that's been like this. Nobody, nobody defy you to find it. Even if you look at the bad Boy Pistons. Nope, they didn't like they didn't dislike them like they disliked this man.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I think when it's when he when he hangs it up, everybody's gonna miss it because what he's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah,