Speaker 1: But I remembered the hair and makeup ladies who worked at Live going Okay, do you need some help? You need some help, and you're like Nope, I got it. I got it.
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast.
Speaker 2: I just got so excited while you were introing us. I was just looking at a little NFL website to just get.
Speaker 1: Updated more the day. It's just coming.
Speaker 2: As much as I get panicked and anxiety that our summer summer is over.
Speaker 1: I love like seeing the boys back. Preston Smith says he's agent like a fine wine. I'm into it. I love it.
Speaker 2: Add Packages for Christmas NFL games on Netflix will cost more than five million dollars. Whoa life is good for the lead.
Speaker 3: Life is good to protect the shield at all costs. Welcome, ladies and gentlemen. For those of you that listen to the pregame, thank you. And we have a lot of carryover topics because we got a lot to discuss on today's podcast. I will address the top and I got to say I appreciate your country. I will, ladies and gentlemen, my fellow Americans. No, I will address the chat I had with Steve, which was very anti climactic, but I will elaborate on that in moments. Also, Aaron dropped the bomb on me that she got fancy something done to her neck which makes it look even better than Okay, Aaron did something to her neck and it made it look good.
Speaker 1: And I'm so jealous because I.
Speaker 3: Am very delayed on any sort of procedures because my gal is off doing God knows what you really get dependent on the people that help you, and I swear like I will only go to her, and now she's not available for too long, and I'm like, we got one eyebrow here, one eye row here, things or lose things hang in and it's like, you will do I'll do anything, like I'll I'm to your house, that's where I normally go. And then that's why I can't go there. There's construction. I'm like, we'll take it to the street, take it to my house. Where can we do it behind an alley? In an alley? Exactly?
Speaker 1: God? Okay, that's what I meant.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, anywhere? What else we got that we got to talk about, sister today? We got a lot of.
Speaker 2: Things supporting small businesses. But let's start our conversation with everything that happened with Steve. Go oh, okay, jump right into it. We also have a lot of great headlines. I lost these headlines so many.
Speaker 3: In fact, one of the headlines I sent to the text chain, the Calm Down text chain.
Speaker 1: Early in the week, and I was ready to dive in.
Speaker 3: Okay, folks, I know you guys have just all been waiting all week ticket and update on this.
Speaker 1: But so you always talk to you.
Speaker 3: Here's how it went, so fill you guys in in case those a few missed it. I was feeling guilty that I've taken marriage off the table with Steve, because maybe he wants to get married, he just doesn't want to say it, because, as you know, my whole trauma of marriage, I don't want to do it again. So I had built this thing up in my mind. That's for sure why he's acting weird. He's a little standoffish. It must be because he wants to get married and I don't. So as soon as the podcast was over last week, I walked on over. He like got in a little bit later and I walked right up to him. And I said, do you want to get married? And you're just not saying anything, and he goes what, And I go, I feel like you're acting weird and there's been a few days of, you know, certain behavior that's not like you, and I just feel like maybe it's because you want to get married. And you had said something to me along the lines of I only get to call you my girlfriend. I never get to call you my wife. So I took that is maybe you've got some animosity bruin, as Aaron drinks her coffee, that you want to get married and you just don't want to say it.
Speaker 1: So here's your opportunity. Do you want to get married? He goes no.
Speaker 3: I go, well, great, and that solves that discussion. And he goes, well, I don't know why you'd think that. I said, well, no, no, I just you know, I was picking up on things. And he goes, no, you made it clear you don't want to get married, so I'm good with that. He was like, I don't necessarily love just calling you my girlfriend. It feels like kind of juvenile and like not like it. I can come out encompasses like how strong we are. He's like, I said, well, you can call me your wife if you want to. We're just not gonna get married. And he was like, no, I know, and I'm good with that. That's something you've been very forthright and upfront about from the beginning of our relationship. So I'm fine with that. But I just I was like, all right, so we need to come up with a new word. I'm not just a girlfriend. I hate partner. It feels like my business partner or like something that's like transactional.
Speaker 1: So let's take it to the street, to the street.
Speaker 3: What you guys, what could Steve and I call Like, we have nicknames already for each other, like when we're on the ranch, it's Tommy and Linda, or when I'm acting up and had too much.
Speaker 1: Wine, he calls me Loanda.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Loanda gets sloppy. He goes, oh, here's Londa again on the sofs.
Speaker 3: So, like, nicknames are one thing, but like, what's something that holds more weight than just girlfriend or boyfriend?
Speaker 2: So I would get that. But I call you guys like I do. I say, you know your husband or your wife or whatever. I'm not sure, but that's an interesting thing. Yeah, So that's what's happening. But it induced.
Speaker 3: Some dialogue about because I'm I get this from my father who as a family he would always have family like chats and sort of like discussions on things when because they were everyone was going different directions and it was really important for him to have family meetings. We didn't have it like every week or anything, but we definitely had it regularly. Where as a kid, I remember this where my dad would sit us all in the living room and he'd go over things like, all right, you guys need to do a better job of this, or you're doing a great job at this, or this is what your mom needs help with, this is what I need help with, and sort of just sort of recalibrate the household. So I, on the heels of my weird feeling about Steve, I was like, why don't we do something called the state of the Union for our relationship. But we'll do it twice a year and we make a list of all the things that you don't like about me. Now, I'm sure there's not a lot, right, I'm sure there's just like a few things that.
Speaker 1: He's not thrilled about that I do.
Speaker 3: So if he makes a list of things that I need to work on, and then he makes a list of things he thinks he can do a better job of. But for example, like he volunteered to mulch the front of the yard area, like in all of these things, because you know you got to do that right when you re lay down the bark and all this stuff, give fresh flower beds. He did half the yard, but then ran out a mulch. Well, he ran out a mulch three months ago, So now the other half the yard has been sitting there for three months. And every time I ask him about the multch, she goes, oh, the store is out of it. I go, no, it's not. You just haven't finished it. So my state of the Union point, which I'm going to be bringing up in our meeting next month, is finishing projects you start, so things like that, right, because I'm sure there's things that I do around the house.
Speaker 1: That he's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: But Steve's so not confrontational that he won't say anything, and one day it's going to blow up like a fountain, and I'm not interested in seeing that. So slowly diffusing things so then everything can be copasetic.
Speaker 2: Do you worry though, that having a state of the Union twice a year is a little too far apart. And each time you have it, because there's spends so much time that's passed, there's a lot of critique, criticism.
Speaker 1: This is good.
Speaker 3: Fine, we're going to Quarterland's revision. We're doing quarterly every three months, every three months, buddy, Yeah, no, it's a great point.
Speaker 1: In fact, I'll take it to month.
Speaker 3: Well, guess what, me and Steve and Jarrett are going to go on a trip very soon together, so guess what this conversation. We're going to take this conversation right here straight to the dinner table one night. Should we have a state of the Union every six months or every three months or every month? What do you and Jared do for resolutions? Like, what do you guys do when there's like a mister and missus? That's what we're talking about on the pregame, is like when there's a little tension. I love the phrase, you know, mister and missus instead of saying we're in a fight, what do you guys do to diffuse things? Feel like?
Speaker 2: We try to address it as soon as whoever the hot head is, it's me, Hi, I'm the hot head.
Speaker 1: It's me.
Speaker 2: Settles and then a lot of conversations because listen, we have a third person living with us now and our nanny, so it's hard to get deep into stuff. So a lot of times it's either at dinner or or walk around the block with Howie.
Speaker 1: But then like our community, we all live so tight or it's like they can hear you all, Like, no they can't. Yeah, yeah that happened.
Speaker 3: That happened to me in the hotel room where I knew that where people were, and I was like, lower your voice, people can hear us, because you know what, we don't want to have happened. Yeah, they were real and they were fighting. No, not fighting. We're just like, see, he's a real loud talker. This is why he thinks he needs a podcast. Projects that voice loud and proud. Yeah, oh that's good. That's I guess that's very healthy to do that. I'm not ready to address things right in the moment because I got I am Michelle Obama. I do not go high. I stay low, and I start digging it. In fact, give me a shovel, I'll go even lower. And then he's like Jesus, it's just it's too much like I will I you know, and it's a whole. Like my therapist has been like, well, take ten seconds and count to ten. No, no, I can't count to ten and take deep breaths.
Speaker 1: No I don't. I am a hot air balloon and I am going to just implode. It's something I need to work on.
Speaker 3: But AnyWho, I do want to say though, and then we can move on from this conversation.
Speaker 1: Is people were really sweet about what they wrote.
Speaker 3: When I was talking about marriage and being honest about not wanting to do that, I got really nice messages being like, don't feel bad about that, Like that's your choice, and I just think it's sweet that there's, you know, different ways of looking at things. So thank you guys for whoever wrote me.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, our first nanny, nanny Connie, wrote me and goes, this makes me sad.
Speaker 1: I want her marry and I go, I know me too.
Speaker 3: So there's that boodybe Maybe one day I will get married again, who knows, but it's not gonna be. I can't wait for it legal. It's not gonna be legally. It's just going to be a party. That's all I got to offer these folks out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, you my dear, have done a little tightening of the neck. You look right.
Speaker 2: No, I just went because I, you know, went for my normal little botox there. Listen, I married somebody that's like, please, don't do a lot. I don't want you looking like an alien, unrecognizable. And I appreciate that he doesn't think I need a lot. And I love doctor Daniel Poor. Not an ad but I love it to be. He's great at what he does. He's also a sports fan, so he gets it. I have to have expressions. But I went in because I apparently have an aggressive muscle in the middle of my forehead. And if you don't really just taser that puppy down, I raise my eyebrows and have like a nice like disc bold right here.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, hey, I love you. But I was in Barry's boot camp and I was running.
Speaker 2: I saw the disc. I got a photo shoot. I need that puppy taser. So he's like, come on in. So I was sitting in the chair when he walked in, probably looking at you know, Instagram or texting someone, and he goes, hey, I'm gonna do a couple things to your neck, and I'm like, gladly because here's the thing, like, I'm older, like I whatever, I think.
Speaker 1: He put filler in my neck. Fantastic, great, right, never in our face, because I made this.
Speaker 2: See I did it before and I fed up my face really bad.
Speaker 1: I got it right in my eye and I got a bad, bad bruise. She had a blood vessel. So I remember that again. So that was great. Here's a PSA to all you young girls out there.
Speaker 3: I have made the fatal mistake of doing way too much because, like anything in my life, I just go, I defer to the professional that I think I'm under the supervision of, and I don't do any recon and I.
Speaker 1: Go, I just go ahead and do whatever you want. Well, pretty soon you look in like a crazy person.
Speaker 3: So since then I've been like very conservative when it comes to that stuff and trying to bring it back to you know where your face can recognize the your phone can recognize your faith.
Speaker 1: Bad to life.
Speaker 3: I don't want reality. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't want to really know what I look like like. I I people like, oh god, you look so pretty in that. I was like, that was a filter, Okay, Like I don't need to know exactly what I look like when these new phones came out and it's like six D and I was like, for who who wants that on TV?
Speaker 1: Too? Like it's like, oh my god, you'll be able to see every this and that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't want I don't want to see that, and so I want to be poor and get the first ever TV made where it's a little blurry.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I want. A dimly lit room. Love going to Houston's. Lighting is dim. I love it. Chicken sandwich, Oh my god. For anyone that wants to go on a first date and get a second date, go to Houston's.
Speaker 3: You'll read that I look better get bad either. It's not that mcadamian crunch roll is fantastic that in a little something. I mean, there's a sofa here for two of us, for sure. But there is a point though I'm eating too much of the artist choke dip and the woman comes back around because want more chips, and I'm like, no, no, it's enough, not good tip.
Speaker 1: I can crush at Houston's.
Speaker 2: We lost all in town and I am so sad about it.
Speaker 1: I know it's so good, it's really so good.
Speaker 3: Uh huh and then there's the Beverly Grill version, there's the bandera version, all of them. Crispy sandwich, chicken sandwich. Oh, I give him Michael Jackson on that one. So delicious. Anyways, back to the filler jungle. Women and men out there listening, just be careful. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.
Speaker 1: So tread with caution. Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: Proceed with caution and tread lightly, but go ahead, that's fine, per se. I need my neck done, and in fact, I had a surgery scheduled.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say it, you know, I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get a neck tightening surgery done, and I had it slated for the off season, and unfortunately not like a facelift, but like I was gonna get a little tight and tighten and I'm still gonna get a little tightened. The situation because I have been told my face eats through botox and all that really really fat. I'm going in there's your face career. What yeah, I mean, something's going on or it's saline that's going in. Anyways, proceed with caution, as I tell you, I'm about to get a neck surgery. But yeah, I maybe I'll try the filler first, but don't do any filler in your face.
Speaker 2: And no, I have convinced myself, okay, I like to sleep on my back. And then I pushed my head my neck all the way to this side like that. I have convinced myself that yes, and I'm forty six, I get it.
Speaker 1: I'm aging. I feel like that is part of it now, my neck like the fact that I'm like like that can't help.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to lay there like this and I'm like, this isn't really like.
Speaker 3: I'm going to tell you what it also is. You got a silk pillowcase recently. Good Kathy Pompson told me about that a long time ago. And I'm not consistent with like, you're not sleeping in the same I'm not sleeping in the same bed every night, you know. But it's like you're not overrich, you need no But I'm saying like I was saying that like a like triumphy way bluddy. But I'll tell you what it is. It's this, guys, Yes it is. It is at the phone the neck and the neck it needs it needs to go up here and you know what else we all have. Look at your pinky on your right hand where you hold your phone. It's indented. It is uh huh, I know everyone's it's from holding that phone. If you don't have that little pop sock thing, which I don't like the look of it, but I might need it because look at what we all do. Our necks and our pinkies are suffering from. You know what's sad too, Macataroney.
Speaker 2: He knows how to swipe on a phone because he watches me, so he grabs my phone.
Speaker 1: He's like he does like the mouth breathing.
Speaker 2: Like et and he always uses his index finger and he's swiping on it. It's like I've already screwed him up. I'm a bad mom. No, you're not walking on my phone. Sure you're not screwing it up? Because guess what.
Speaker 3: No, No, Because there was a milestone that happened with Macaroon this week.
Speaker 1: Would we like to share for those of you that didn't listen to the Yeah, gay man, my man he's like six seven staffs.
Speaker 2: Also today, I'd like to report in the pool, my man is crushing swimming like going under. We're kicking, We're kicking we're not really using our arms yet, but we're coming up and we're not crying.
Speaker 1: We are like and like, we want to go again. We want to go again. It was great.
Speaker 3: He was walking in the pool on the season athlete. I love that he is. He has his little gronk grunt in the videos. You get mad at that, But why are you getting mad at that? He is a boy. He is like, he is all boy, Like we're in his little truck jammis. He is ready, ladies and gentlemen for theys coming up. I know, I told Gronk, I'm like, my kid is a baby.
Speaker 2: Gronk like he's just like, ah, like ready.
Speaker 1: So cute Gronk would be like, what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Cute?
Speaker 1: The best?
Speaker 3: What else we got going on? Oh my god, we have so many headlines? Should we jump headline? Okay, we have some good ones this week, And as I mentioned at the top of the show, I sent this one to the texting because you guys, what's the f okay?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Mother of the bride dress sparks heated debate trying to upstage her daughter. If you guys haven't seen this, it is a woman who looks unbelievable or ge get up here and in this dress it's green with flowers and it has a little like like, well, I would plunging neckline. I guess that's considered a plunging neckline and a train on it.
Speaker 2: If I had a chest and a neck like that, mom, I'd be doing a plunging neckpine every day.
Speaker 1: She looks unbelievable.
Speaker 3: And I don't have the rest of the article on here, but bat people are ticked off about this, and I need to know why. Why is anyone because their whole thing. Originally when I saw it, I'll just paraphrase, was like, oh, she's upstaging her daughter. This was the mother of the bride, by the way, not like sometimes you could I get where you could be like, oh, the the mother of the groom doesn't want to give up her son so she has to look better than the bride like some weird like shit like that. No, this is the mother of the bride. So you're gonna tell me, okay because you having a formal wedding. I've had it, well, one of the weddings. I saw what my mom was gonna wear, Like, there's no way that the daughter didn't know her mom was gonna wear this dress like you talk about that before. They probably picked it out together.
Speaker 1: Correct, And she looks phenomenal, So why does anyone give If the daughter doesn't care, why does anyone else care?
Speaker 2: This is the thing, here's the thing. This woman would look good in a paper bag. So I think they're annoyed that this woman looks so good. I think she looks freaking gorgeous. But I think what got me like all riled up and still does? Why do Why do people care so much about something that has nothing to do with them this dress and this woman is like at her daughter's wedding and her daughter is obviously fine with it. Like, then why does anyone care? Why is the internet in some uproar when this is not controversial? Why because she's a pretty woman in a dress?
Speaker 1: I feel she's become the internet.
Speaker 2: The social media has given people a voice, which in some way is great, But when they're so negative and nasty about Oh, somebody's body looks pregnant, this mom looks like they're trying to outdo the daughter.
Speaker 3: God a hobby, yes, do something clean the pool something like what? This is what people are taking to the internet to discuss is a dress of the mother of the bride dress that the daughter is not. If the daughter was pissed, well then fine, then we can have a conversation. But the daughter obviously isn't, and the mom looks fantastic, and I just don't get it. I don't get why people waste their time on these kinds of things. So I won't give it any more time. I just wanted to say something about the mom, and good for you, good for you. You know what, she probably works out every fricking day. She probably watches what she eats, and she deserves to be rock in that dress. So that I feel like that after party was a time huh oh my god. Yeah. And I don't know who this family is, but I want to be invited to it the next way too.
Speaker 1: You guys look great. I feel like they look like sports fans. Maybe they want us there, Sure, Okay, you're okay.
Speaker 2: Insane beauty hack hailed as a must have for women's hair removal beauty influences are using a hair Oh I saw this hair, identify your spray, and then that's like helping guide you to like figure out how to have a clean shave. I've talked about being furry since taking my hair growth pills. I'm intrigued by it. I think it looks interesting, but I also know me. I don't just leave it alone. I freaking go for it. So I feel like I would be obsessive and then start plucking things like on my face, like it's crazy, but yeah, but I have to Yeah it's cool.
Speaker 3: I'll try any You know, I'm a consumer. I'm the person that goes to Sephora and things. I'm going in there for one thing, and then all of a sudden, I'm holding all the items and then they're like, would you like a basket? And I'm like, yes, Why didn't I just grab the basket from the beginning, because of course I need a basket. I will try anything once something's twice, So to your point, I am intrigued. But I gotta say with previous products about like hair removal, and this is just an identify like.
Speaker 1: Showing you where the hair is.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, it's I was gonna say, don't believe those ones that are going to remove the hair.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 3: I have many laser treatments to remove hair, like you gotta get the laser to actually remove it.
Speaker 2: You spray this stuff on your face and it basically highlights where all the hair is, so you notice shave their shaves exactly what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and again I'll try the product. I'm not knocking it. But another great way to do this if you don't want to spend the money on a product, go into that natural light. I'll tell you what I saw today. Now, I saw a whopper because there's like this one mirror that I have in here and where it's like you can see it. Oof.
Speaker 3: That'll identify everything, identify you need a facial or something.
Speaker 1: Uh, never wear makeup.
Speaker 3: Speaking of this, wear makeup on a plane, skincare expert warns TikTok Derma health influencer, being on an airplane is literally one of the worst things you can do for your skin. Oh well, then we're fucked. We can't go on an airplane. You should never wear makeup on a plane. It will dry your skin out, and your skin will get really to compensate for the dryness. The threat of harmful ultra violet raises heightened two. You ve up there so incredibly high. I get it, I get it that. I mean the Korean this is her TikTok speech. I understand that there's a few things about this because I will I will give you the version of what not to do. And Aaron has the version of what to do because she's very organized. She probably has the three ounce facewash in her travel kit.
Speaker 1: You don't, don't. I'm surprised because I will go in the bathroom and I'll use the hand soap that the air boid. Are you looking for sistic acne?
Speaker 3: Are you? Hey?
Speaker 1: What am I supposed to do? Am I getting on the plane with the with the makeup, the full makeup I do?
Speaker 2: Really, I don't even have time to pee, so I fully run on full fricking face from eleven am eight thirty am.
Speaker 1: It's bad. It is bad.
Speaker 3: So I get that if like you're running to the plane, But if I have time, I'm going in there with the hand wash. I'm going I'm scrubbing because I don't and then I'm hydrating because at least I'm I'm just gonna say I've also been so shameless, I'll put on a face mask.
Speaker 1: Shout out to my girlfriend Megan Great Loops Loops.
Speaker 3: Mask gets a shout out to my girlfriend Meg's company those things are so hydrating, and I don't care if somebody looks at me and being like, oh my god, who does this person?
Speaker 1: Do we think this is her house?
Speaker 3: Which that might be a whole internet uproar the things that people do on plane when they think like they're alone. I'm not massaging my feet, okay, folks, I'm putting on a hydrating mask. That's what's going on in three b Okay, put your ears, phones, or your air pods in when you're facetiming your people, nobody else or your shit. I can't unless you're the weekend. Let's just wicked that I want to hear your conversation. But yeah, it's hard because you're either putting on the makeup or you know, I should.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll be better, and I try to be better. Every year was my travel, you know, years increase.
Speaker 3: It's about hacking that I'm gonna tell you what I'm obsessed with. You gave it to me in my QTQ birthday present gift bag. Aaron gave me this amazing beach bag because we were going somewhere and I had all of the products that like, you need for the beach.
Speaker 1: You've got the superfood the glow screen.
Speaker 3: I love a glow. You know what we should do, squirrel me focus. We should write down all the products that we love. And I'm going to say this not because everyone's clamoring for things we love, but I know that I love. I get in a deep dive of what people have that I follow and they use, and I don't think. Yeah, like they're like in case you're wondering, and I'm like, yes, I am wondering. So I want to write down mustaps because that sprits you gave me, yeah, from doctor Daniel. There's more that came from Oh my god, I was using I use it at the ranch all the time. Back sprit sprit sprits, hydrate, hydrate rosewater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so good, good, next good.
Speaker 2: Hey this isn't on our headline sheet, but this was a massive headline over the weekend, and I just want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Kate Middleton showing up at the trooping the color and she I thought was interesting how she released a statement a day or two before that and just said that, you know, like, chemo has been hard. I'm doing okay, but it's been really hard. I followed Jill Martin, who is a correspondent for the Today Show. She's awesome, and she has been going through breast cancer and fighting it. And she wrote a little thing on Instagram saying like, no one understands what this was like. This woman in front of the entire world, has to get up, put a dress on, do makeup, do her hair look like, you know, a royal, act like a royal, and she probably feels like absolute dog shit. And I just thought she is just the epitome. She is so lovely Jill Martin. I think she wrote something along the lines of like this is courage Like you have no idea because Jill has been through chemo, can't imagine what it's like, don't want to know what it's like. But I just thought she looked so graceful and lovely. God knows what she is going what was going on on the inside.
Speaker 3: But geez huiz m m as Well said, I think that's definitely an incredible thing to see. Again, I've never had to go through something like that. I know that you won't bring light to this, but I will. Yes, you haven't had to go through chemo, but you've had to go through a lot of other things that have affected you. Physically and had to put on a brave face and get out there. And I know that there's a lot of people that have had to do things, whether it's emotional things that you can't see or physical stuff.
Speaker 1: But applaud people for.
Speaker 3: Getting out there and doing things, and especially when it's that hard physically on your body. Because oh, I can't imagine, so said.
Speaker 1: Those kids could not be cuter.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, in those outfits too, like that, like how cute they are the machine like nautical, navy and white.
Speaker 1: They just are classy, classy, I can't imagine, imagine, like the scrutiny and like, oh oh what a world, and that Louie.
Speaker 3: He just wants to get out down and have fun, just like imagine. So since you are a mother, imagine like you're standing up in front of you know, your everyone, and Mac is like just act what would you?
Speaker 2: I kind of love how they handle it. They you know, discipline him when he needs it. They kind of let him get let loose and have fun. I mean there was a moment that I saw in just all the clips because I was actually curious how she looked and how she was doing and Mike, God, how she'd handle the day and then that little boy is just doing his thing and she they kind of like seem like they let him, you know, which is probably comic relief for that family after everything they've been through. I mean, my god, I was saying, this isn't a light subject. Wow, this took a turn. I was saying to my husband last night after a couple of cocktails. I was like, I just love Kate. I obviously I don't know her, but I just I love everything that she looks like on the outside and how she presents herself.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this poor guy meaning William, like.
Speaker 2: He already lost his mother, Like yeah, please make her be Okay, my god, you know anyway, such a good turn.
Speaker 1: Where help?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, The Calm Down Podcast goes left, we go right. You got to stay with us, Okay, if you don't, if you want only light you know, subject matter, this is not the place for you. We are going to touch all the bases as we round towards home, as our podcast is going to be coming to a close here soon but not yet, folks, because we're going to give the people more.
Speaker 1: What they want. You guys want more of us. Guess what Steve and Jarrett might.
Speaker 3: Not, but this is our place to let it all out.
Speaker 2: I like this New York headline. This is a good one because this is a fave of mine. And I know you did this all weekend long and or all week long at Saratoga the most Tuesday, I did the best, most life affirming thing you could do in this town. This is an article from New York Times. Is this the New York Times opinion? Walking right into a restaurant, sitting at the bar and having dinner. I struggle to imagine an occasion when a table is preferable to the bar. I love sitting at a bar. It's one of my faves. I love it.
Speaker 3: I Aaron brought up to Saratoga thing because I was there for the week in Saratoga and the wonderful people. In fact, I got my residency and I started working at Cochina?
Speaker 1: Is it Cochina? I should know where I work? Could she? And the Mexican restaurant in Saratoga? Is that what it's called.
Speaker 3: It's easy for me to say, oh la, it was wonderful and has great frozen Margarita's. My point is is that when you are looking to we aarin and I travel a lot.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I know we travel with crews and stuff like that, but there's occasions where we're just going and doing something on our own. I will pony right up to that bar, and I love conversing with anyone there. I will talk to anyone that wants to talk. Okay, like I meet the most interesting people. I met this wonderful guy, Christian, when I was in Saratoga. He's a farrier, which is like they used to be called blacksmiths, but now they're called farriers. And there are the people that do the horseshoes, and he's done it for twenty thirty years and he does all the top throw bread race horses. And I'm like, what an interesting job that we talked about. Do you use like nails or do you use glue? And like there's all these things I wouldn't have even known had I not shatted him up. I'm sure he wanted to put a muzzle, a horse muzzle on me at some point when I just kept asking more and more questions, but I said, giddy up. I got to take advantage of this seat here. So I think if you are a single especially yeah, but but no, you never know if you are single and you really want to meet someone, have courage and be kind and get your ass right up to that bar and just start chatting them up. And also too, as a former bartender, chat up the bartenders, asking what's going on in town, ask them what they're into, ask how their day is going. You can kill a lot of time sitting right up at that bar. I don't should be at the table by myself. Hey, frozen Margarita Princess. Was that a restaurant called Cantina? Sure was, Yeah, it was Ryan, Thank you, Ry Gina carry the one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I was in the coachina. I was in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: I was helping the chefs back there because now I work there. I used to work in a Mexican restaurant called Ola Mendy's and Dana Point if anyone's ever been there, Oh, it was unbelievable. Yeah, because I was working at Nordstrom's during the day, no one cares. Needed some extra money. So the manager of the department I worked in. Her family owned a Mexican restaurant, so I'd worked there on the weekends. No, I guys, like about you, you hustle? Well, you know, look I you do. I love working. I got to tell you, I haven't really just complain about it. I was watching last night Steve had a dinner, and so I always like to watch TV shows that I'm sure that he's not really interested in watching when I'm around. Oh, it's pretty good about Like I did a de I hadn't. I don't keep up with the Kardashians. Pun intended, but I was like, let me just put on something that's like entertaining. They had of a new season out. So I was watching a couple of episodes and Kim was talking about working and just like how she loves working, and people like, oh, that's like all you do is work. I gotta say, I love working. I love it, and I appreciate people. It's not for everyone. I get that some people want work life balance, and I try to implement that. But like even at the ranch, for example, like I work when I go there, like I'm doing I'm feeding the animals, I'm doing this, I'm doing renovations, like but I enjoy doing that. Like sure is there a time to sit on a beach and do nothing? But even when I do that, you know me, I'm like, we're up we're down, we're around. It's like I like staying busy and so I don't know, that's just yah.
Speaker 1: Where what happened?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: What happened? What happened?
Speaker 3: Ryan?
Speaker 1: One house wants to hear this.
Speaker 2: Mush Oh small business some bring small businesses. Thank you, Bryan, your little angel say this is what happened. So we went from coming a podcast for thirty minutes to an hour. And if you if black died me up, if you wind me up, I think I know I mean to talk about it, and I won't shut.
Speaker 1: Up shut That's what happened the first time I ever.
Speaker 2: When Michael was doing the Michael Kelly and Michael Show, he I know you were on you guest hosted a couple of times. He was so kind to ask me to do it too, and uh afterwards, I was like, how'd that go? And he goes, it was great. You just wind you up and let you go. Like He's like, I was like, and I used an electric nose hair clipper.
Speaker 3: And it's so funny to say that because that was my dream in life was to be on Kathy in Regis. Like if someone was like, what is your dream job, I'm like sports reporter sports broadcasts Kathy Regis and Kathy when Michael was kind enough to ask me to fill in. That was when I sat next to Belahadid and I told my rambling story that I just told here on that show, and I don't think he got a word in edgewise, and all of a sudden, it was like, you know, the twenty something minutes of banter or whatever you do, and then.
Speaker 1: He's like, okay, so okay, so let's go.
Speaker 3: We've got a caller here to pick a number between one and seventy five.
Speaker 1: It's like he didn't even get to say anything. Shut up. I was not a useback.
Speaker 2: You were recording after my show. I think they they banked a bunch of shows because I remember seeing you at the studio and I remember going into your dressing room to say his you were getting ready.
Speaker 1: I just finished up.
Speaker 2: You had put on whatever skirt you put on, you a handful of Sally Hansen tan and cream, and you were just going up and down on your legs and like looking very dark, which looks terrific on camera.
Speaker 1: But I remembered the hair and makeup ladies who worked at Live going okay, do you need some help. You need some help, and you're like, nope, I got it. I got it.
Speaker 3: What's so funny about that is I terrify people because I love a Sally like a five year old with fingerpaint in your hands. I love a Sally Hanson deep glow. I could be winter and I'm going deep glow.
Speaker 1: God damn right.
Speaker 3: My face will look like Casper the Ghost, and my legs are looking like I am halle Berry. I look incredible with that Sally Hanson deep glow. People are like, well, that seems a little dark for your color, and I'm like, no, perfect, no the marrier.
Speaker 2: Well, plus, you already had your dress on that and so you're putting it off.
Speaker 1: I think you like pulled up your dress and you're like, put it on, putting it on, putting it on.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, that's a great question. Here, I'll tell you why I put the dress on. Because if I put all that hot and then I put the dress on, now it's getting on the dress. My technique has put the outfit on and then work the following you know, the surrounding areas.
Speaker 1: So there is a method to your madness.
Speaker 2: You are like Max stel with with like avocado in his hands.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And how about when that one tanning stuff that you and Jillian gave me, the one that's why you set your hands and deep gloves because you guys gave me those drops and no one told me that I had to wash my hands because they were clear drops.
Speaker 1: So the next day the whole hand was lindsay low hand.
Speaker 2: Hey, I got to tell you about I'm not going to say who this hot actress is, but Jillian got a recommendation from a hot actress's makeup artist about a like tanning bronzing cream to put on, and that shit works, wonders.
Speaker 3: I know it's tell you right now. I'm a writer, dive bitch with Sally Hanson. So you bring you want to bring me a new gal, I'll test her out. But I gotta tell you I am faithful to my Sally Hanson deep click, get it. I'm also faithful to small businesses. Last thing I want to say, because again I go on Tangia, Yeah, yeah, sorry, but I do no no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: We're all in this together. No one's going anywhere.
Speaker 3: Where's the tail? And all I have to say? So Aaron started where in the incredit we could see it right behind her. What you've built is absolutely incredible. And I know you have new things coming out that you're going to tell us about soon when you can make canassment, which I'm thrilled about. Uh, starting house and home has been no easy task, Like starting a business is hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard. It is like so much.
Speaker 3: Stuff that people don't see, and it's a lot of time and it's a lot of money. And I just wanted to shout out, this is a company called ll and M E L and M E MM and this they make the cutest stuff and go look it up right now.
Speaker 1: But what's the shador thing? Oh, that's just being French.
Speaker 3: But the you know the outfits that you talk to me about when I was in we were on our little trip together that we went, Yeah, yeah, one was blue and white that were on the boat.
Speaker 1: It was so cute. That's their company, that's our company. How do you spell it? E L L and L A A N D and E M M L and m oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is the cutest stuff. And I just want to say, and this is.
Speaker 1: Not in my dad, it's so cute. Not an ad.
Speaker 3: They they're not I buy their stuff. They're not paying me to say any of this. I just and this is one of I want to start making. I'm looking at what you're wearing. It's so cute to shout out companies that we love and want to support, just because people do that with our company. People support where Hello Taylor Swift. I've got really great supporters of House and Home. So I just want people to know about brands that we love and companies that have done a great job. So how do you find this my internet shopping and this is in a cup? Look at they have little shorts too.
Speaker 2: I am looking at it. You can't be mad if I buy this because I want to buy it. I'd be mad that you'd buy it.
Speaker 3: I'm asking everyone to well, not not asking everyone. I'm just highlighting what a great company this is and I want everyone to enjoy. This is a cute have so many different things, so anyways, so.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to say. That's that's all I want to say.
Speaker 3: This is a durable I know, so you peruse that site as I wrap us up, Aaron and I appreciate that you guys want to listen longer and appreciate the feedback. That you give us, whether it's about me not wanting children or marriage. But I do need your guys' help. Can you please think of an way or something that I can call Steve that seems more significant than a girlfriend to bring this back to the beginning of the conversation we had here today, I need something that's more No, well that How do you feel about the word lover. I love the song love when people like he's my lover.
Speaker 1: Sometimes he's my love. Oh friends, I love. I wish, I don't. I don't know the episodes like you do. I know you're so. Jennifer Andison, how cute was that picture? Stop it right now?
Speaker 3: When I sent you, I know, there's a picture of Courtney Cox. She posted a picture of her.
Speaker 2: Daughter and Jennifer Andison posted it for Courtney Cox's birthday and wrote the nicest note.
Speaker 1: What Aaron said and it's adorable and it will be us I know well.
Speaker 2: And then Coco Courtney daughter is in the middle, looks like she's sleeping and Courtney and Jennifer Anison took a picture and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, that's me and you and Max Stoll the boo boos. It's almost one year old. And walking, Oh, I have the time flies.
Speaker 3: We love you, guys, and thank you for being great and letting us rant and sticking with us. Endeavor Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from
Speaker 3: iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.