Speaker 1: The song's on the side. What's up?
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear the buzz because we're at a different studio. Then we actually recorded today's interview in because I did something very stupid.
Speaker 1: Hello Diamond, Hi, you're laughing because of what I did.
Speaker 3: I don't think you should. You shouldn't blame yourself. It's type situation.
Speaker 2: No, I appreciate you trying to take accountability for it, but I did it absolutely. So you're going to hear an interview today from Ray, who I thought was awesome.
Speaker 1: I really liked her.
Speaker 2: She has a song coming out called where is My Husband? Isn't that the question so many women want to know?
Speaker 3: I said it out loud yesterday and I thought about it. I was like, the Ray song. Yeah, but no, Yeah.
Speaker 2: She's amazing, She's wonderful, she's a superstar. She's beautiful, she's talented, and she is struggling to find a man.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk to her a lot about that.
Speaker 2: But after the interview, I was trying to tell Diamond a secret, so I shut off all of the microphones and I took them out of a little system it's called take taking them offline. I took him out of offline, which means nothing was recording. Then Diamonds and I sat there and did a solid, amazing, maybe thirty five minute podcast that was supposed to wrap around this Ray interview, and then when I went to save it, there was no audio because I shut off all the mics because I was telling her a secret. Just wasted your time. I'm so sorry, our time, our time. Yeah, but I just, you know, not my strongest move. So now we're in a different studio recording.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm excited for this podcast. I say that all the time. But again, I just really liked her and I thought she was cool, and I think she's.
Speaker 4: Going to be a superstar. Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: Some would argue she already is. Yeah, did you know the story behind her first album? Tell me the fact that she was signed to a label, it really didn't go anywhere. So when she was releasing this album, which I think came out almost two years ago, now I can't I don't want to mess anybody up. She took the promo pictures in front of the office building that her label was so like the former label. She took the pictures there and people were like, oh no, I don't know who Ray is, but I'm into it now because this is like some messy shit like I loved it.
Speaker 2: I always take for granted how much we know about the ins and outs now of the music business, and how so many people, young artists who are coming up, their goal is to be signed by a major label. That's all they want, but they don't understand what comes with that, and what comes with that which we have seen now over and over with different artists is a lot of these big labels and diamond I think you know more about this than I do. But when people sign with some of these big labels, they'll sign a three.
Speaker 1: Album, four album deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that means you owe this out this label four albums.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean that they're necessarily going to help you or market you or get behind you. And there's a solid chance that some of your best work, you're going to give them four albums of your best stuff that never sees the light of day because they decide there's another artist that's more important at this time, and we're going to put all of our resources behind that artist. And in a lot of ways, people will say they keep you in kind of like a musical slavery situation because these artists are saying, well, I don't want to release my best stuff if I'm not a top priority.
Speaker 1: You guys told me I was going to be, but now here I am not being one.
Speaker 2: And that is why you see so many artists going independent, which we're also going to talk to Ray about. But it's a wild, wild business. And if you know the story of TLC, which maybe at this point a lot of people don't, TLC at the peak of their success, when No Scrubs was out waterfalls, they were bankrupt, they had no money. Because at the same time, these labels will say, oh my gosh, we're going to give you a ten million.
Speaker 1: Dollar up front fee.
Speaker 2: But a lot of people don't understand that from that ten million dollars comes every single thing that you're going to do, and that label is keeping track of it. So you think you're taking a first class flight on the label. Oh no, so that's getting detected from your ten million dollars. You think you're staying in a nice hotel room, Yeah you are. You're paying for it. And at the end of that ten million dollars, they're going to come and say, well, now you owe these four albums.
Speaker 1: And you get no money for it. It's a wild business.
Speaker 3: That happened to Tony Braxton too. The first time she filed for bankruptcy.
Speaker 4: The second time.
Speaker 3: I feel bad for it too. The second time was because of an insurance issue, but like, yeah, she like was she did a residency and she got sick because she has like lupas and it affected her heart, and the insurance company didn't cover basically the rest of the residency. They're like, no, we're not going to cover it because we know, we knew that you had lupas and this.
Speaker 4: Was a part of the contract or something.
Speaker 3: And she had to file bankruptcy because she couldn't afford to pay everyone for the rest of the time that the residency was.
Speaker 4: Supposed to be in Vegas.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's messed up.
Speaker 2: It is wild the way these major labels treat a lot of their artists. And don't even get me started on Diddy and the Bad Boy des Stop.
Speaker 1: They were terrible.
Speaker 4: That's horrible.
Speaker 2: I won't get into that, but please do yourselves a favor of you're bored and look up Diddy's contract deals. He would essentially sign people.
Speaker 1: Blow him up for like a song.
Speaker 2: Keep every single penny that they ever made, and then never release them from their contract and also never release more.
Speaker 4: Music from them.
Speaker 5: I'm sick.
Speaker 1: It's sick, but that's what happens, you know. Fame. They say fame, we're strug known to man, it really is. People just find things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's sad.
Speaker 1: I would any day of the week take money over fame.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: I don't care about the fame.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Please just give me the money. You know.
Speaker 3: My goal in life is to go to Central Park, strike up a conversation with an old lady, just become her best friend, and then when she dies, like, be surprised that I'm in her will.
Speaker 1: Wait, is that what you're doing to me?
Speaker 4: No, you're not old.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about like sixty five. Her daughter wants nothing to do with her.
Speaker 1: Sixty five, a couple of years older than Elvis. Do you think he's gonna die?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Why do you think I work here?
Speaker 2: One of my favorite conversations that we have had, and we had it on the Big Show as well, is that there are people here who genuinely believe that when Elvis is done here, he's gonna leave them.
Speaker 1: Millions of dollars.
Speaker 4: That's insane.
Speaker 1: Why would that ever happen?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think that we romanticize money the way that we romanticize like actual relationships, and like the thought that someone could be so nice and kind to leave you money, not because he's dead, because he just doesn't want to do this show anymore, is insane.
Speaker 4: But in a fairy tale world that would be amazing.
Speaker 1: Sure, if it rained down from the clouds, that'd be awesome too. Yeah, same would you think?
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't understand. Also, if he's not giving you the money now, you think.
Speaker 3: He's gonna give it what he decides to walk away like he sees you every day.
Speaker 2: The logic behind it is what's weirder for me because the people who believe this think it's because well, you know, when he's done, then we're all screwed, and you.
Speaker 1: Know what about us, like he's responsible?
Speaker 4: Thank you sick?
Speaker 2: I would say, one would argue that what he has given you over the last thirty years, not me, but others over the last thirty years was a career that had a whole lot of perks and great vacation and decent pay for thirty years. So like, why would he leave you more? At that point, that's wild work.
Speaker 1: But okay, Scotty, whatever you mean. Yeah, sure, that is crazy. So we have a couple of things that we want to talk about, but I think before we get to that, maybe we should get to Ray because we loved her.
Speaker 2: Yep, I am here with Ray, and I have to start by saying I absolutely love you. And so many people were stoked when they heard that you were coming in. They're like, I'm gonna come say hi. I said, no, you're not. I'm gonna do this first, and.
Speaker 1: Then maybe you can come say hi. Oh, you have a lot of fans in the building. Wow, you have a lot of really cool.
Speaker 2: Stuff going on, and I want to get to all of that, and then, of course, you know, talk to you about life in general, specifically life surrounding this. So you have a single out right now, which is what we're going to talk about first, called where is my Husband? All caps, yes and exclamation and an exclamation mark. Okay, where is your husband?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: I would love to know where is he?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, where is he? I don't know?
Speaker 6: But I love this song and you know, it's kind of does a three in one job. I guess of you know, being a very nice, happy kind of vibe. Like I love the musicality of this song. I love like the how it feels to perform on stage. But also you know, also it is a marketing campaign, you know, because yeah, like there comes a time we've got to take matters into your own hands for five years congratulations, right, yeah, you know, and you know what on a serious not a work on self love, like this is my chapter of self love, which is really nice because you know, self love is hard to achieve and do the work in that area.
Speaker 5: So right, we're getting deep very quickly.
Speaker 2: I like it, okay, So to your point, it is really hard to achieve, but especially when you're in the public eye. When you once loved yourself and all these things that you loved about yourself, now when you see it scrutinized under the microscope and under the public eye, and it becomes a totally different thing.
Speaker 1: Right, Have you had those issues?
Speaker 6: I definitely have, and actually have just completely removed myself from those issues because I now have just two I have two phones, so my old iPhone has become my social media phone. I can't even access that phone. Good for you, I can't even type it. I don't know what the password is. I couldn't look into my Instagram. I don't have the password. I don't know the pastord for my TikTok, I don't have the pastor for my Twitter or my Facebook and all of the above, because if I did, those things are so addictive. They've learned on likes and dislikes so well, like just lock you in there, do you know what I mean? And I know you should never look at the comments, but I'll read the video and I'll click on the comments and someone be like, why is she doing that?
Speaker 5: And I'll be like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Right, there could be a thousand positive comments and you'll see that one asshole.
Speaker 1: Oh I said something about like a stray hair, and that's.
Speaker 5: All you can think about it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Why are we like that?
Speaker 6: Someone commented on my fannin performances out there. I'll watch it the comment They're like, where's her energy? I was like, what do you mean? I'm giving everything I can be giving. And then I'm like, is it because I wasn't smiling enough? Should I have been smiling more? But it's hard to sing when you're smiling. When you're singing that fast and then your brain's not tangenting. And that's why I have two phones.
Speaker 1: And that's listen.
Speaker 2: We talk about this all the time, especially on this podcast. That person who said where's the energy is sitting on a couch somewhere doing nothing, criticizing the person who is doing something. Yet we let that get to us all the time. It's this ridiculous poison and all of us fell victims to it.
Speaker 1: I do it all the time. Yeah, comment section is the seventh realm of Hell's.
Speaker 5: A that's a great way to describe it.
Speaker 6: Always sometimes there's always a good one in there that would make me chuckle. So there's some good people out there who provide a good laugh.
Speaker 5: But it's just too risky.
Speaker 2: I say all the time. If you're going to roast me, please be funny about it. Yeah right, give me something out of this besides a little bit of self hatred. Just make me chuckle just for a second.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 2: So, Lookod, I'm glad we're on the same piece there, But I'm also really impressed that you are now completely off of all of that and living a real life. How has it changed things for you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Massively, so now I'll do monitored time.
Speaker 6: Like so if I'm going to look on social media, It'll be like ten minutes and then I'll give me the phone back and I'm like okay, And then it means with that time, you know, I'm doing other things. I'm working on myself. I'm writing, I'm reading, I'll go for a walk. I have even got into a thing of like leaving the house to go and get a coffee. It's just a small thing, but actually even just the routine of going for a walk and taking yourself to go and get a cop those little things, it's just actually a form of self love, you know, seeing the.
Speaker 1: Sky, breathing outside outside, seeing a tree, maybe a dog, exactly, it's good stufsing, yeah, the little little by little you know. But I gotta ask you. So you're looking for a husband. Where is your husband? Exclamation point?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: But now you're taking yourself off social media? Yeah, I know. So in a dream world, how do we meet this husband?
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 6: I'm an old fashioned girl, Okay, I would really love to meet my person in real life.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And obviously you know this is the social era of digital meeting, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. I just think I love, like, you know, the idea of just I'm sitting at a bar. I'm just having a drink and I'm maybe reading a book, and I'm not I'm minding my business. I'm not looking for anyone's attention, do you know what I mean? And then all of a sudden someone sits next to me like, Hello, I read that book.
Speaker 5: Yesterday or something.
Speaker 6: Do you know what I mean? You're like, Oh, did you know the next sentence you're about to read is this?
Speaker 5: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm getting this is you know?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 6: It's just like an idea, like just some beautiful in real life thing.
Speaker 2: So it's so funny that you said you're at a bar reading a book, because I just had a debate with one of my good friends about this because we went to a bar and there was a man there having a drink with a book, and initially.
Speaker 1: All of the girls that we were with were like, Oh, a man with a book. I love it.
Speaker 2: That man didn't turn the page one time. He was a faker and a fraud. And my guy friend who was with us said, that's what guys do. Any dude, in a bar with a book is a liar, But a woman in a bar with a book not a liar.
Speaker 1: There's a level of hypocrisy.
Speaker 6: No, he didn't turn the page one.
Speaker 1: Not one time there. I mean we were there for an hour. No, yeah, I mean not one.
Speaker 6: Time, stating it was because of face value. Like seeing that.
Speaker 5: Ye love that?
Speaker 2: But is it weird reading a book in a bar? Like a is loud and noisy, and you want to read a book.
Speaker 5: I will see you.
Speaker 6: I have never read a book in a bar, but I would like to be someone who reads a book in a bar. But maybe I don't want to be a person who reads the book in the bar.
Speaker 1: After this conversation, Well, I'm just not sure that it's like a real thing. I think people look like they're doing it. I don't think they're actually doing it.
Speaker 6: What I do like to do is take a like and write. But I like the people watch.
Speaker 5: See that's good.
Speaker 6: I've got my own and I'll sit there and I'll be like, and I'd like to like write and describe someone in detail, just like through words and come up with cool.
Speaker 5: Member, that's just weird.
Speaker 2: No, I think that's actually perfect. You're watching and then you're writing about it, right, you're a writer.
Speaker 1: Right, so right, but let me ask you this. Okay, let's do it right now.
Speaker 2: We're going to manifest the dream man if you can build a bear and this is your husband.
Speaker 1: Okay, what are we looking for?
Speaker 6: Okay, so we're looking for someone who is funny? Yeah, I know every girl says that on like love islan Like my type is, you know, like funny, but like I would like someone who's funny. Someone disciplined. I really need that because discipline is my weakness in life. Do you know what I mean? Someone who's gonna be like, right, we need to do this.
Speaker 5: Just are good for us.
Speaker 6: Come on, get out of bed. Let's go and do things that are good for us.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Okay, someone who loves music. I need someone very passionate about music because I love music. But they can't be a rapper because that's not no not no, no never.
Speaker 1: Do you have a oh never again? So there's a reason that you say not a rapper.
Speaker 6: I've just yeah, just no okay. Yeah, so yeah, but they need to love music. I think maybe yeah, they need to really like not mind sitting there and hearing me be like, listen to this detail about this song and you listen.
Speaker 5: To this.
Speaker 6: So that Yeah, so there's that, and I need my final one is a communicator. Words of affirmation is my love language.
Speaker 1: Ah okay yeah, and you.
Speaker 6: Know some people are very mysterious and quiet and that's really nice. But like I'm literally gonna be sat there like what are you thinking? Do you even like me?
Speaker 5: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I need your such a spiral?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just need words like you look really nice today, thank you, and give me some words. You know, some people for some people like my sister's like acts of service, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So like me?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, like.
Speaker 6: So me like moving this stuff from the dishwashers like an act of so that will really mean a lot for me. Like I couldn't care less about something like that, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so yeah, those are my qualities.
Speaker 1: Okay. I liked that you didn't say one word about looks.
Speaker 2: Does that matter? I mean I know, no matter what anyone says, looks matter. But is there a type that you are going for?
Speaker 5: No, honestly, I don't. I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I actually think ironically, like a very pretty pretty pretty boy isn't typically my type the same? Yeah, Like, I don't want you to be taking longer to get ready than me, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Never?
Speaker 6: And I don't take that long to get ready, like like thirty minutes okay, and that's like a full but if we're going for it.
Speaker 5: Okay, my hair takes an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Your hair, it's amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's when Alex is doing my hair, my hair on a normal day, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Anyway?
Speaker 6: Yeah? So yeah, it looks aren't necessarily the top of my list. No, charisma and connection and communication.
Speaker 1: That's important stuff. Sound another song?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I'm not going to start.
Speaker 2: We will listen to your single day Okay. So now social media you're not on obviously. Are you on any dating apps while you're going through the spendrum?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Do you know what's funny?
Speaker 6: I did, like years ago, I was on that dating app Raya that everyone was on, which was a time nothing good happened for me on that app at all, Like zero positive things occurred on that app. So I left that behind. Yeah, and since then, no, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But do you go on dates or are you just.
Speaker 6: Someone asked me this yesterday. They were like, when was the last date you went on? And I was like, oh, like it's been years with a capital y, like it's been a really long time. Yeah, like maybe like three years ago since I went on an actual date.
Speaker 5: And that guy turned out to you.
Speaker 2: Absolute jack guess dickhead, you can say it is rick a prick?
Speaker 5: Yes, so are you?
Speaker 4: Have you noticed?
Speaker 2: And I'm going to get back to your music in a second, but this is a part of our podcast.
Speaker 1: We're always because Diamond is single.
Speaker 4: Also, he was awful.
Speaker 6: Wait, I've gone back there, you know, when you're just there, We're gonna let that go.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're there for a second, what do you think was the most awful thing? Like, what was it for you? That was the absolutely deal breaker?
Speaker 6: In fact, he was seeing thirteen other girls at the same time. There's that, do you know what I mean? Yeah, we'll leave it at that. Okay, we're gonna leave it.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, we're gonna let it go.
Speaker 1: Was he a wrapper?
Speaker 5: No, he.
Speaker 1: Wasn't a rapper.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Diamond is single also, and we are always talking about the dating scene now because she says there's poop in the dating pool.
Speaker 1: It's just the worst ever.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be part of this right now, right But she's only dating here in the United States, specifically in New York City. You get to go around the world and travel. Have you noticed differences in men based on where you are, do you not?
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, I'm just not the girl to ask about this because literally, I work and I go home, like I'm either in my hotel room or at a studio or on a stage, and then I go home.
Speaker 5: I'm so boring.
Speaker 2: So I actually sounds pretty awesome, Okay, good, Yeah, And I think that a lot of people would like to be part of something like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just like work and sleeping and self care. But yeah, I think I would like to be someone who goes outside to just see what's going on a bit more. So I'm going to try and do that a bit in twenty twenty six. We'll be on tour twenty twenty six, so I'm going to try and go outside on our days off.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a lot for you in twenty twenty six. Yeah, you are touring, Yeah, and on your days off, you think you're gonna venture.
Speaker 6: You haven't maybe once a month you know, a little trip outside.
Speaker 1: So tell me about the tour. Are you excited.
Speaker 6: I'm very excited. I'm very excited. I'm planning big things, dramatic things. I think it's been really exciting the last couple of two three years. I feel like I've just been living on stage and during that time, I've realized I just live for musical drama and I'm really going to bring that to this tour and really excited for that. Also, my two little sisters are opening for me, so it's going to be like a whole family affair. We're going to be on the road, traveling the world together, and I'm so excited about that.
Speaker 5: And they're so talented. And I also like support gigs are hardcore.
Speaker 6: Like I've done a lot of support gigs in my life, and it is hard call like people yawning in your face, people like chatting and looking in the eye and like chatting and just being.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean, Like paying attention.
Speaker 6: You have to fight to like win a crowd over. And I'm excited for my sisters to have like a not have to experience that necessarily for their first tour because I'm going to bully my audience into being kind to them, you know, like being respectful to my sisters. I'm a very protective older sister. But yeah, I'm very excited for that. So that's that's going to be really beautiful. But yeah, we're going to be on the road for quite a lot of time.
Speaker 2: Do you have a place that you're most excited to see that you have not been to yet.
Speaker 5: That I haven't been to.
Speaker 6: I'm really excited to perform in Barcelona, which is random one that I've said, but I didn't know that we had. We're doing an arena there. It's just really exciting to like think about that. It's a Spanish speaking country, you know, and often when we tour Europe, we we I don't know why we miss out like all the sunny countries we just go to, like Amsterdam and Stockholm. But it's really exciting to be like, oh, for the first time, we're going to be going to Italy and Spain and places that I've never really toured before on my own. So I'm just excited that we can even sell tickets in that side of the world.
Speaker 5: It's really exciting.
Speaker 2: So hearing you say all of this and then thinking about how you're saying, you know, maybe you're gonna go out, maybe you're gonna beet some people.
Speaker 1: You're looking for your husband. Pause, You're going to so many fabulous places.
Speaker 2: There are going to be so many men around, Like, maybe you don't need a husband yet, just date a bunch of people from Italy and one from Greece and.
Speaker 6: From I don't have time for any more of anything that I've been through in the past.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm so over it.
Speaker 6: Like you said the daint scene, it's wild out there, Like I don't I'm just looking for one like I'm over it. I've tried No, Like, no, I'm not going through any of that rubbish again.
Speaker 5: So be about it or just keep it moving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand this.
Speaker 5: I didn't passionate.
Speaker 2: No, Listen, I am in a long distance relationship, so it's like a fifty to fifty type of thing, like we're half dating but he's not here. So you meet people all the time, and I gotta say, I'm with all of you. Danielle over there in the corner, shee is a single right now. Also, everyone is saying the same thing.
Speaker 1: What about guys, are you guys single? Ag?
Speaker 5: That's your dad.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna talk to your dad.
Speaker 6: Don't talk to him about anything to do.
Speaker 5: Five year relationship.
Speaker 6: We should probably come and sit at a microphone give us some tips.
Speaker 1: You just got a dog, Okay, it's like.
Speaker 6: That's bigger than marriage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the real thing. Wow. Yeah, okay, no, but seriously, that's a big step.
Speaker 2: They got a dog together five years in. So it's talking about all this because I assume so many people are asking you because of the name of the song and what you're doing. So many people are asking you about your dating life and what's going on. Is that awkward when your dad is sitting right here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I didn't know we were going to go straight into like the dating conversations were starting.
Speaker 1: Where's my husband?
Speaker 6: I know dad's here today, and it's quite awkward, but you know, okay, we're smiling through it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're doing a really great job.
Speaker 6: Thanks.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about your music a little more then.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are independent. Yes, tell me about how freeing or not freeing that is. Because so many people that we know are beholding to these labels for the longest time and then something changes, they go independent and it's like a jailbreak.
Speaker 5: It really is. It's so beautiful.
Speaker 6: I think the most beautiful thing about it is, you know, back in the day, like I would have to basically make a create a whole pitch in order to be like, this is what I want to do next, you know, and it'll be like no, or m maybe, but you need to do this, this and this.
Speaker 5: Verse like it was a whole. You know, you're not truly in control.
Speaker 6: And I think the most beautiful thing about being independent is I really am my own boss and it's amazing and I get to be like, I think we'll put this one out next. I want to do it like this, I want to share it like less brainstorm and come up with ideas, but I get to lead a team into my vision and you know I will give I will give it. The thing of like you know, when you spend seven years under a label, you learn I think, in my opinion, everything not to do, or everything you don't want, or what it feels like to be campaigning something you're not proud of, you know what I mean. And I know that's not the same experience for everyone under a record label. I know have artists friends who have a great time and have a team who really believe in them and stuff like that. But I came from a different it was a different thing for me. So it's literally chalk and cheese is the expression. Yeah, really a world away from what was. And I just can't see myself ever not wanting to be an independent artist. It really is really really a nice experience. It's hard work, but all of it's hard.
Speaker 5: Work anyway, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Is what I think one of the hardest things to do in the world. It looks so glitzy and glamorous and so many people are like, ah, I could be a singer, no problem. But what it actually goes into it behind the scenes, I think is what a lot of people don't know.
Speaker 5: And it's brutal.
Speaker 2: Entertainment is a brutal it is. But you're also writing for yourself, not writing for other people. And all of this is whether you sink or swim, it's up to you, and that's gotta be kind of exciting.
Speaker 1: It is exciting, terrifying also, it is terrifying.
Speaker 6: Also, and you know, but it's beautiful. I think this is the thing with the arts, is like you can only control what you can control. You can't control how someone's going to receive your art. Someone's gonna watch a movie and like it or hate it. You know, someone's gonna read a book and feel this and that, and it's the same with a song and a presentation of artistry. But I think the beautiful thing is now I'm in a position where I have the luxury of only of being able to make that my folk. Opposed to I was so numbers orientated and I was chasing the wrong thing, you know, And now I feel really blessed that it's just about you know, the art I'm working on this album and even the yeah, like, it's really an amazing thing that I'm even able to make this album from the place that I am when it's just art led do what feels good to me, what makes my stomach have butterflies of excitement, you know, not what's this person going to think? Am I going to be able to get disapproved? Am I going to be you know? So that in itself is just like, Wow.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad that we have a video right now, because you just looked so excited. Well you were talking about it like genuine enthusiasm, which we don't see a lot when people come through and are talking about this next project that's coming up. So congratulations on that. And last thing I will say, because I know we have to wrap it up here. I believe in like omens in the universe and all of these signs, and the fact.
Speaker 1: That your car was stolen, yeah.
Speaker 2: And your music was not taken out of it. It's such a sign that things are gonna go well. But you tell that story really quickly and then we'll let you go. No.
Speaker 6: Yeah, someone put on Twitter some funny tweet I retweeted. I can't even quote it because I might say it wrong, but it made me laugh so much. But something about the robbers returning it because I've read the lyrics and they were like, oh, she needs to put this out. That made me laugh anyway, Yes, my car got stolen. All my songbooks was in there. I was devastated.
Speaker 5: I grieved it.
Speaker 6: I let it go. I made peace with the fact that I would need to be starting again. But I'd poured a lot of heart and ideas and shapes into that, into those books and then lo and behold. Several months later, I was on the set for Born Again with Lisa and Doja which was what a day.
Speaker 5: And I got a call.
Speaker 6: From the police when I was in hair and makeup and they were like, we found your car and I was like, no, way are the books? Is the thing's still in the car. I don't know, we can't tell. You're going to have to come and find out. But I'm on a video shoot in America, so you know, was like other books there. And about a month later, when I made it back to the UK, got the car back, opened the boot.
Speaker 5: They were all there.
Speaker 6: So what a beautiful That took really long to tell that story. No, that's great though, but what a beautiful thing. Yeah, it's good luck a good luck site. Also, yeah, it's like okay, and you know, it took the books and there and then we resume.
Speaker 5: So it was very brilliant.
Speaker 6: And I did what I did strategically, is I delayed telling people I found my car because you know, I said, I'm going to have to delay the album now, I mean smart, So I delayed telling people that I've found the car so that I could just buy myself a couple more months, you know what I mean. And I'm still here schiffing away at the songs which are not done yet.
Speaker 1: Did it change how you write your music?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Are you saving it on a phone or something in a cloud?
Speaker 6: Opted for an electrical method? Like I still have my books, but I also am using my laptop. I bought a laptop and I've been using lap I've never used a laptop before. Well, now I'm like on a laptop and I love it.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Yeah, so you take your laptop to the bar away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so use laptop vibes.
Speaker 2: Well, congratulations on everything you your single Where is my husband? Exclamation points? People can find it anywhere where they want to find it. Yes, and they can look for you on tour in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else that you would like to mention before you head out?
Speaker 6: That the album will be with you hopefully in the first third of next.
Speaker 2: Year, unless your car is stolen again, then it might be a couple of months. So Q one twenty twenty six, we're looking at your album, maybe.
Speaker 6: Q one and two in between those time frames.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not a lot to date.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think you need a boo.
Speaker 6: Good luck.
Speaker 1: We're really excited to see everything that you're doing.
Speaker 7: Thank you, congratulations, Thanks for this is a lovely chat absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, and there she is Ray who we think is going to be a superstar, So you don't think she is already, but she kind of is for sure.
Speaker 1: She performed that song on Jimmy Fallon not too long ago, and she looked.
Speaker 3: Amazing, amazing, Like her smile is just so big and just kind of like cute but not cute, you know, like.
Speaker 2: She's a person I would want to be my friend. Yeah, which you know, I've realized to me that's that's one of my highest compliments that I could give a guest, which is like, hello, so full of myself, Like I'm complimenting you by saying I want you to be my friend, but I really mean it, Like that's a genuine I love you type of vibe. I really or I really like you, I'm interested in you. And so many of the podcast guests I find myself saying that about them after because I have this notion of who they are before they come in, and then you have a conversation with them.
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh, well, this is interesting. And it's taught me a lot about not judging things. I still be judging, but not in the same way.
Speaker 3: Like when she said that she's now starting to type on a computer. She never used a laptop before, And I was like, Okay, what are we in nineteen seventy two, what's going on here? Ray?
Speaker 1: I want to know what I saw the other day that was like depressing.
Speaker 2: It was somebody asking I think it was a bunch of college kids, what year did you have to be born in to be considered old.
Speaker 1: These people were like, two thousand and three, that's sad. I said, shut the first of all. That would make you twenty two. That's old.
Speaker 4: Listen, you're like seventeen, that's old.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and three. I was right on my bed watching Laguna be Chook. If that is old, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just depressed because I'm like, oh my god. But also, this is probably a conversation for like a whole other podcast.
Speaker 1: Why is age such a weird thing to just own? Like you didn't do anything wrong, you were just born and you're growing up. But everybody age shames other people, whether it's older people or younger people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, oh.
Speaker 1: She's just young, ignore, or she's old. Ignore.
Speaker 2: We're all in the same boat, right, We're trying to get toward the same thing. I do understand that there's generational warfare on certain things, you know, like my parents have a lot of crazy ideas because they're of a certain generation that that was acceptable. And then there's the gen Alpha gen z who genuinely believe that they've invented everything because if it wasn't online, it didn't exist.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's also untrue.
Speaker 4: They are so funny, Like is it funny?
Speaker 3: Well, I think they're funny because I don't take them seriously. Like I have cousins who are like in their early twenties, and like they'll call me about things and I'm like.
Speaker 4: Are you Are you insane?
Speaker 1: It's just like little dumb shit.
Speaker 3: Like I went to work today, but I didn't really want to be there, Like so I left to get a coffee and my boss was looking for me, but like I needed a minute, like a personal time.
Speaker 1: Are you insane?
Speaker 3: You think you're just gonna get up and walk out of the building, go stand in line for coffee and they're on the clock and they're not gonna ask you where you went?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 3: And then you're taking a more time by calling me what is room with you? Yo?
Speaker 4: That's wild.
Speaker 1: They're crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The craziest thing to me is the like I just said, if it isn't online, we must have invented it. Like Scary was talking the other day and I was like, the fuck about how there's this new trend of people driving by a car accident and yelling you can't park there, sir. I lived in Boston for quite a while. The amount of you can't park there that has happened decades ago is hilarious. But people just were not posting it. They were just being assholes to be assholes. It was incredible.
Speaker 4: I love that. I know that's so funny.
Speaker 1: It was a good time.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there's plenty of stuff that existed before stuff was posted online because everybody just followed every single second of every day in their lives and let you know, it's just a weird, weird thing. All that to say, I find the age warfare to be a little weird. I think it's weird when people exclude somebody based on age because they're too young or they're too old, Like how often.
Speaker 1: Listen Nicki Minaj, Please, I'm sorry. I know she was your hero and she's fallen from grace.
Speaker 3: I want to she was never my hero. I loved her, but hero is a stretch because crack.
Speaker 1: Is a hell of a drug.
Speaker 3: She not only has lost me, but I will never return. I'm about to delete all of her music off of my phone.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's like that, it's just for you.
Speaker 3: No, Like, I don't want to support you in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: It's disgusting.
Speaker 2: So I'll try to make a long story short with Nicki Minaj if you don't know all the drama that's going on. She initially started sort of going off the deep end. It was before Carti released her album, but it really started like catching fire once Cardi really her album, because for whatever reason, those two.
Speaker 1: Are like enemies in the wild.
Speaker 2: Nikki started tweeting crazy things, like things that just didn't make sense for anybody who was not on drugs to say she was.
Speaker 1: Going after kids.
Speaker 2: Then she took this weird turn and now she is somehow a Trumper speaking on behalf of Christians in Nigeria who are reportedly being persecuted. But people in Nigeria are saying that's actually not true. Yep, that that's even happening. So she's speaking on behalf of Trump and now she's like a hardcore trumper apparently sick.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that all of this.
Speaker 2: Is in an attempt to get her brother and her husband, who are both sexual offenders, some sort of pardon.
Speaker 1: Well hours a crack, oh both.
Speaker 3: I was talking to someone about this the other day because I was like, what, I could understand her thinking that that, like that doing all of this would get them pardon if they had committed federal This is this man, the president cannot pardon someone who committed a crime on a local level, like state, you went to the state penitentiary.
Speaker 1: You just made me snop bubble.
Speaker 3: Like her brother is literally in New York in jail.
Speaker 4: This is I don't I just like.
Speaker 1: Google is free, right, So nobody told her. I've heard her.
Speaker 3: I've heard that people heard from people who worked who worked for her in the past that she's like she doesn't listen to people. She's like horrible to even have a conversation with. So I can in my head, I'm like, yeah, she probably if people around her are probably like, hey, this isn't smart, don't do this. But she just fires people or like what, She'll yell at them and fire them and that's it.
Speaker 6: But like.
Speaker 3: Your husband is a criminal. Right When you have a criminal around you, they know the law. Contrary to popular beli, criminals know the law.
Speaker 4: Right, Like, so wouldn't he say to her, well, this.
Speaker 3: Isn't how this works, because I guarantee you, like.
Speaker 2: How too busy just spending her money while she's doing drugs in the house?
Speaker 1: Oh for sure?
Speaker 4: Did you hear that?
Speaker 3: Like he buys his friends change.
Speaker 2: It's just wild, Like there are so many twists and turns like diamond this time, let's say two years ago, did you ever think there would be a moment where Nicki Minaj's was hardcore just off the fucking rails, and well maybe more than two years ago.
Speaker 1: From her off the rails.
Speaker 2: But we were like, oh my god, it's so bad that I'm thinking about deleting her music from my library that I love, but I don't even want to support this, and that Candice Owens was saying things that.
Speaker 1: Actually agreed with what we had to say. What has happened? Are we in the twilight zone?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Yes, we absolutely are.
Speaker 3: And at this point I'm about to put my blinders on just just I might have to because.
Speaker 2: They want, well maybe trying to exhaust you to the point of looking away.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm exhausted, same like, I don't. I don't know how you're doing it.
Speaker 4: I'm like this. When Marjorie Taylor Green starts making sense to me, it really hurts my heart and my head.
Speaker 1: Listen, here's what I have to say though.
Speaker 2: All these people who are saying, oh my god, I can't believe I agree with Candice Owan's and Marjorie Taylor Green.
Speaker 1: You don't they agree with you?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh well, yeah, there's a big difference there. They have come around. We did not come around to them.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 4: I just I can't like it.
Speaker 2: I know he already talked about it, but rfk fleeing from the scene.
Speaker 3: Can we ever find out why the guy passed out in the first place.
Speaker 2: I haven't kept up with it because of all the stories that are coming out right now that one's actually even though it's hilarious, like the least of anything concerning I do find it outrageous and I want to laugh at it. But I'm also just appalled that they updated the CDC website to say vaccines they might cause autism. God they didn't say it like that, but that's essentially the messaging behind it.
Speaker 4: It is. I mean, are we not entertained?
Speaker 2: I am certainly entertained in the most horrific way, Quiet Piggy.
Speaker 1: Just imagine I'm try to say that to someone in your real life.
Speaker 4: Somebody said it.
Speaker 3: To me over the phone, a caller the other day, seriously, but no, like she was like referencing and she thought it was funny, and it was kind of funny. I'm not gonna lie, but it just was one of those things that was like, this is.
Speaker 4: Like, this is the world that we're living in.
Speaker 2: He does things that you're like, no human would do that in real life. Like, I can't imagine looking at anyone and being like quiet Piggy unless I was fucking around with them. Yeah, which now, of course we're gonna say it all the time, but dead seriously, just can't imagine it.
Speaker 1: And it's like every day he gives us another gem.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, fuck nothing, Well did you hear my stomach?
Speaker 3: No, nothing will ever top people are dying who have never died before. I'm like, if you don't laugh and stuff, you'll literally I'll be in a ball crying.
Speaker 4: So it's like you have to. It's hilarious. My dad doesn't find any of this money. By the way, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like the generation that is like, well, this is actually devastating, which I appreciate from.
Speaker 1: Them because it is horrible. My parents are not laughing either.
Speaker 3: My mom is like this guy, I'm like, you're going to run your blood pressure up at least laugh.
Speaker 4: Babes were run it now.
Speaker 2: My aunt and uncle were in town, and by the way, you guys are also nice to them, So thank you for being nice to my auntie.
Speaker 1: Now, she so sweet, she's the nicest.
Speaker 2: But she is like suh a Stephen Colbert fans. So she asked if we could go see him.
Speaker 1: I said yeah. It worked out really well. We were able to go see him and it was kind of nice. And this is what I.
Speaker 2: Always say about protests, because there are a lot of people that are like, what is the point of a protest?
Speaker 1: Why does anyone go to these things? Because you know, I'll go.
Speaker 2: It's not about necessarily thinking that in that moment, you're going to make a difference, At least for me. I don't know that protests make a difference when it comes to the policy. But what it does make a difference for me about is that it feels like I am surrounded by mass amounts of people who are on the same page and make me feel like I'm not alone in thinking.
Speaker 1: What the fuck is going on here?
Speaker 2: It's nice to be around thousands of people who are feeling that same way, like, no, this is not okay, and it's so not okay that I'm willing to come out here and risk my livelihood to say this is not okay. And at the Stephen Colbert show that was sort of the same vibe. There is an artist, his name is Jesse Wells. I'm going to send you the song. Did I send you guys a song?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: He dropped four albums this year. Oh yeah, he's been nominated for Grammys.
Speaker 2: Apparently I had never heard of him before, but he performed a song called Join Ice in front of like thirty American flags.
Speaker 1: That's probably an exaggeration. There were maybe like seven. It was a fascinating song.
Speaker 2: I laughed out loud and I was like, this guy is my guy. I like him, So, yeah, go download some Jesse Wells if and when you have a moment, because he's fabulous. Yeah, I'll play the song for you when we are not doing the podcast, because apparently if I play a podcast, or if I play a song in a podcast, it'll get like the entire podcast taken down. Really, yeah, that's what happened with our fifteen minute morning show.
Speaker 4: I guess, please don't even start on that.
Speaker 1: Or maybe it was the actual Allus Rand show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, either way.
Speaker 2: Apparently with licensed music, if you play more than a certain amount of sound and it's very little, like six seconds, maybe if you play more than that, they will flag you as violating because you are, and they'll take things down. And we had podcasts up from years ago before some of this was implemented, so that's why we got flagged. If you were missing us for a minute, that's what happened, not our podcast, but.
Speaker 4: The big show. That's good to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, people how to make their money. These labels are just dying out here. They sure are, please all right.
Speaker 2: So we had things that we wanted to talk about, none of which we actually talked about, and I appreciate that because now we have more content for the next podcast. Yes, if people want to find you online, Diamond, where will they find you at?
Speaker 4: Diamond? Sincere on it at?
Speaker 1: Are you still threading?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Sometimes? Okay, you can find me there but I'm not really. I don't really.
Speaker 1: You can find me. I'm sitting in a corner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't thread, I'm watching.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't really either. I told you I forget all the time. You can follow me at Baby Hot Sauce. You can follow the podcast at Sauce on the side. We're slowly building an audience. It's not going super fast, but I will take it, so please come follow the podcast page Sauce on the side. You can like follow subscribe when you subscribe to a podcast, which we learned the other day, even if for some reason cloud Flair goes down, you'll still have those podcasts downloaded on your phone, so it's important to do that if you to subscribe to it. Leave us a review, leave us a talk back, tell us you love us, and tell us what you want to hear. Yeah, so until next time, done and say bye bye bye