Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Stenebeck along with Carol Master. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg News earning specialist Rachel Qua. She joins us here on this Monday afternoon. There were so many stocks.
Speaker 3: I know, it's a month that there's a lot stories.
Speaker 1: Today it was like an embarrassment of riches for anyone who was looking for stories about individual movers. What did you set along?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think the biggest name today was Oracle, Tika or r c L. You know, the show's kind of went up today after one of Jana's, David from DA Davidson, upgraded a stock to a buy. It says, you know, it's kind of he's been talking a bit about open AI. You know, you know, we know that Oracle has been building data centers for them, and you know that's been what were used about open AI, you know, the competition between them and Traffic and Google, and so they kind of see that like Opening I still has kind of quite a runway to go, and it's planning to raise more cash, and so you know, Oracle should be okay. And they also feel that, you know, all the worries about software products people not wanting them because of AI. Uh, you know, people are not going to just suddenly like be vibe coding. So you know, Oracle, which also produces a lot of software, should still kind of be okay.
Speaker 1: Have you done any vibe coding?
Speaker 3: Me? Yeah, no, no, yeah, I think I need to.
Speaker 1: I just need to figure out what I need to code and try it out. I would love to try this, would you.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, figure out what Joe Wisenthal on ad lots did, like a big one and what did you do? I don't know, I can I don't understand it.
Speaker 4: It was over my head, Like okay, no, it is kind of fascinating what you can do. I'm just gonna say that overwhelmingly, there's seventy six percent of the analysts who follow Oracle have by ratings, So there's thirty nine eleven holds in just one cell an Oracle. So still pretty overwhelmingly upbeat on this one.
Speaker 3: All right, from Oracle to work day we go, Yeah, so this is yeah, this software stock. There's also been a little bit hammered by all the worries about AI, and today it kind of sall shares fall again by nearly ten percent because it's actually replacing a CEO, Cayl. Eschenbach, with co founder and someone who used to lead the company with a new Buschy. You know, people are just kind of not sure what's the new direction Bushy you would take. They were happy with Eschenbach, even though the stock has been hammered. Bloomberg Intelligence said they think Bushie might push into further into AI products, but I think for now there's still just some concerns about the transition.
Speaker 4: Gosh, this is what a The stock was what like two seventy back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: No, this move has been white, it's really been. It's down. It's down forty five percent from twenty twenty five high from twenty twenty four highs sorry, twenty four highs forty five percent just last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, so transition or yeah, definitely some new folks in the c suite.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking of a big decliner, Kindrel having its worst day ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been the worst performer of the SMP MidCap index. So I think most of us don't know what had never heard this company as tickers KD. It's actually a company that was spun out of IBM about five years ago, kind of doing its infrastructure services business. So it shares more than half after the company said it is investigating its accounting practices. How a manaus is cash it discloses its financials. I think this is is a huge of the public.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The company also said that several of its senior executives, including as CFO, have left as well, so question marks over remain over this company just getting killed.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's a big job move today, was I mean there were there were like volatility pauses on the downside, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely yes, some stoppage in terms of trading.
Speaker 1: Okay, should we talk groceries, Yeah, what's going on a Kroger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe a little bit more of a good news and management changes. Kroger's shares are a little bit higher today after the name a new CEO, Greg Foruan Uh. He used to head Walmart's US business. And this is good news for Kroger's investors because they have been kind of looking for stability at Kroger's company. You know had a huge felt merger Albertson's. It's the former CEO had to lead because of personal conduct, and a lot of investors are happy for him because he helped to turn Walmart's US operations around back then. So people optimistic about him. But we also know that, you know, grocery it's a pretty tough sector right now, you know. And Kroger is much more complex, and Walmart it has multiple chains, for example.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.