Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: You said at the end of this week's Loft Meeting, you are having Zoe on to talk about Elaine's big day. My question is for Zoe. At the end of the episode, when Nick and Jess are kissing by the car, Zoe laughs. At the time this air that I remember reading that the laugh was improvised, so I was wondering if this was true, because it's just a really cute moment between the two of them, and I love it. Thanks Gianna.
Speaker 1: You know, like a lot of the show was improvised, especially laughs. Like I would say, if you ever hear me laugh, it's usually not screw dead, know that it's improvised. Both laughs are improvised. I do find it like it's actually kind of like a weird thing for an actor if it says and she laughs, because then you're like, oh, you like do fake laughter. I don't know, it's just a weird thing or you know. Yeah, usually laughs are just kind of spontaneous, you know, in the moment things and and and I did think, you know, we kind of that was kind of part of our process.
Speaker 2: Very nice. Yeah, I sometimes laugh when the scene's funny, and I laughed to the point where it totally screws the scene.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure there's that too. There's there's up so hard that you ruin the scene too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was notorious for that for a little bit. Still kind of am by the way.
Speaker 3: I also have learned so much weird stuff. But Jake shared when he was on that like Dame used to just when it was like over his shoulder and then turn around and just like drop.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I never saw the pants dropping, but he definitely like would like do stuff just to make everyone on set laugh that I had nothing to do with or like he's wild. Yeah, Butts's definitely seen his butts for sure, which is also weird.
Speaker 3: Everybody's seen Damon's but.
Speaker 2: Nice But.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So hey Hannah Lamour and my name is Cassie. I'm from California. I'm the biggest New Girl fan, possibly the greatest Nick and Jess fan. I'm seventeen years old, and my question is for Hannah and Zoey. Did you enjoy filming friendship scenes with Zoe Are you guys still close?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Mess around forever?
Speaker 1: So cute? Yeah, that was that was some of my favorite moments. I loved filming friendship scenes. I thought that it was so important for our show, like to show the female friendship and the connection and the support of Justin Ceci and yeah, we're so close, and I love Hannah and and yeah to two brunette girls with Banks can be on the same show. So like when we were first passed Hannah, they were like, she can't have Banks because everyone will mix you up. Remember that.
Speaker 3: I was like, I remember, I think Jay Kesan came and asked if I would cut like literally at the screen test, if I could cut my hair right then go to the hair trailer and cut it into like a severe bob.
Speaker 1: I think, just take the chance. I think that take the chance that we could have two girls with britt Banks long hair and brunette hair with bangs, and let's just take that chance. I think. I think they're gonna be able to tell us a part.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny too, is that I like my best friend. I remember when I cut bangs, she cut course like you you and your I want my friend girlfriend, Like.
Speaker 1: I'm upset if they don't, like I was you shut.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask you this today because I've been a little self comings taping this podcast because I actually cut my own banks right before I taped closer inspection. You'll see there's some very weird layers that I've just tried to like place and not move too much.
Speaker 1: Have you ever cut my own banks all the time? Yeah, although, like now I have a good situation. The gal who cuts my hair, Candice, I love her. She I have a good situation. She cuts you know, my hair and my banks. But like for many years I cut my own banks, and I cut my daughter's banks.
Speaker 3: Picture of her banks and they looked are good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah they're good. They're good. And it's like you don't have bangs your like entire life and like not pick up some like bang trim tips. And so now I feel like I'm like, I do a better job cutting her bangs than my bangs, though I will.
Speaker 3: Say backwards in the mirror, Yeah, I got yeah around today and I got you know what it is. I did a good bank trim. And then what I did was then I decided to try something that I feel like I've seen hairdressers do where I just like held it up and I just went like this and it shops and I I just chopped once too many times in one area and then I just started laughing. I was like, Okayn, just like to what you know when you trim your bangs in small.
Speaker 1: Ways good things, is that like you could always kind of like add a little more to soften it, like from the from the bang bank, from the bank bank. Even know that I don't.
Speaker 2: Have that ability. No, I don't have brush really hard, brush hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't have to deal with these things hard. Should we do one last question, lamore and you pick the question.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, Hello, longtime listener, first time caller. Here there is a critical part of the recently covered episode Elaine's Big Day, Season two, episode twenty five that needs to be answered. My partner and I always debate what actually happened to Winston at the end of the episode, so here it is. In the bar scene at the end of the episode, Winston emerges from the vents hilariously and sits down next to Nick. He then reveals a massive gash on his arm and has applied a tournique to stop the bleeding. Well, Winston was never attacked by Bucky the Badger prior to Bucky falling out of the vents and into the wedding crowd. This can only mean that Bucky sought revenge and found his way back into the duck entrance. He then subsequently scoured the duck maze until he found Winston and chewed on his arm. I don't know if this was an oversight in the writing, but the idea that Bucky went back into the ac duckwork only to bite Winston on the arm is the funniest oversight in the whole show. In my opinion, Any clarification on this moment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks sincerely, Kine.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, miss Marple.
Speaker 3: Because here's the thing. One thing that was improvised that they used at the end, for sure is that you just see Winston look out of the ducks. Also not bleeding at this point. Right, this is after like Bucky's fallen through and just goes boobies. Right, That was definitely not in the script by Luis. So you were fine, and you were just being like highly inappropriate staring down women's tops and then gonna do theatre was loose in the hotel.
Speaker 2: I was gonna do boobs. I wasn't looking at its moods. I want to have an answer for this question.
Speaker 1: I thought that like badger attacking you. That didn't make it.
Speaker 2: No, So I think what actually happened was when you see me looking over saying boobies, you can't actually see my my my arm, the inside of my arm. Maybe I was already bitten. Was he bit me already? And what happened was on my way out of the ducks, Yeah, I started realizing that, hey, I'm bleeding and I got to fix this before I go down to all those people. Right, I think that's what it is. And then he made a tourniquet and then he came out of the ducks, out of the walls, and that's what it was. I don't think Bucky would have gone back up there and sought revenge on him, unless.
Speaker 3: Bucky was a feminist badger and said what'd you say? You said, ladies out there?
Speaker 2: But honestly, Caine, that's a really good explanation. I'm not gonna lie. I think that was a pretty fight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you clearly you, like on the string boards, Uh connected all the thoughts like on Homeland, And it's true, that's what happened. You caught us.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's pretty good work there. I like you when people are.
Speaker 3: To solve the problems that I didn't even know were a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I realized it came, brought it up. I said, damn, you're right. Fans, ever did Bucky bite me? So yeah, folks, that is it. Thank you to Zoe for being uh, stay tuned, folks, stay tuned. Please stick around to our I g you know, go ahead and check out the merch at the mess Around Pod. Send in your emails, your questions and your concerns. H Zoe is wearing that to the oscars. We were told I'm wearing a Yeah, oh my gosh, that's lovely. That's lovely. She's gonna frame that and put that in her office. Thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, here so cute, such a little tay. I mean, come back and join us for season three and we'll see what happens next on the great show New Girl. Thanks Zoe for.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys. I love you both, Love you bie real