Speaker 1: Kubbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow, it's the clearing house of hot takes. Break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Mallard starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere, hanging out in the podcast dojo. We are honored to have you as we do this mindless work. Well it's actually not mindless work when you think about it's the Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny G. But you already knew that. And my man Danny G right there hanging out with me. He's on with Covino and Rich all week. I do, of course the Overnight Show, the Ben Maller Show, and Danny. If you're new to the podcast, if you weren't listening years ago, Danny used to work on the show. He was my right hand man for several years on the Overnight Show, and then he moved on. We're with Clay Travis and all kinds of stuff. When's that Animal Thunderdome coming. Do we have a date on the Animal Thunderdome.
Speaker 3: I got a text from Clay Travis last week. I'm sure that'll solve it. Let me see, let me pull it up on my phone. I'll tell you exactly what he wrote here. Where are you there? It is? He sent me a story of an alligator that weighed eight hundred and two point five pounds and measured fourteen feet three inches long, longest alligator in Mississippi history captured by hunters. So he sent that link and he said, we are close on an extension on my contract so I can be able to get rolling on Animal Thunderdome with you.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, I mean, you know that's been i'mgoing for a while now. But at least he texted with a little update last week. Oh that's good.
Speaker 1: Speaking of alligators, I talked about this on the Overnight Show the other night, but I recalled the story out of Alabama. Did you see the Alabama football team what they had for dinner this week? They had it looked like a four hundred pound gator that they cooked the entire gator and they were just picking away at the flesh of the gator.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it was really.
Speaker 1: Disgusting looking like the image was really over the top, and and the ironic things they were not. They're not playing the Florida Gators today, you know, in the college football world, they're playing South Florida, which is the Bulls. But still they decided the great minds there in Tuscal looser. They're like, ah, screw it, We'll just have gator and they cooked the How do you cook that is? Where do you find an oven that's big enough to put a full sized gator in? Do you have to barbecue it? How does that work?
Speaker 3: I don't know what the hell? Does gator taste like?
Speaker 1: I've never had it? Does it taste fishy? I don't know, but I guarantee you we have listeners of the Fifth Hour based on I've seen the numbers here Danny, where people are listening, and we have listeners in Gator country. And I know a guy, our friend, the guy that used to be known as Sir scratch Off and now he's known the Wild Southern whatever. He said, a four to six hundred pound gator will cost you between one thousand and twelve hundred dollars if you want to buy.
Speaker 3: One to eat, and the Internet says that gator tastes like quail with a mildly fishy flavor and is often chewy, depending on preparation.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I want that. That sounds disgusting. What do you think dinosaurs tastes like? Probably like gators? I think of gators. Is I think that's in that's a dinosaur. I look at it an alligator. That's a dinosaur to me. I know they say it's not and chickens or relatives of dinosaurs, but for my money, I'm saying that is a damn dinosaur when I see those things walking around golf courses in South Carolina or Florida.
Speaker 3: Same with cortoises. Yeah yeah, man, and those hard shell creatures live a long time. They definitely are the last dinosaurs left on earth. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've got on this podcast. We've got rock a Bye Baby's Away, Backscratcher, the word of the week, and time permitting, will have pop Goes the Culture. So we'll have all of that content for you and we'll get started with this. So once upon a time like last week, Danny, Once upon a time like a week ago. It was last Friday. So my wife had to work overtime. She's a nine to one operators, so you had to do an extra shift at the police station. So I had my gambling buddy. I had the night free of my my wife, so I had my gambling but she was busy, so I had my gambling pole. Came over to hang out my guy Hunter. And I've known this guy since high school. We played football together in high school. We both have very busy lives, and even though we don't live that far away from each other, this socializing doesn't happen as often as as shit. So had a free knight. Decided to have the Malard Pizza party from scratch made. I love the pizza party Danny rip off parmeersan garlic twist. Oh yeah, just like they have it roundtable, except they'll cost you about three dollars instead of twenty dollars. And then I made the mallard pie, the traditional mallar pie, garlic onion, bell pepper, thinly sliced onion. It melts in your mouth. The garlic ah nice, the bell pepper. Really a pizza artisan if I pull a muscle patting myself in the back. But no, this is one of the few things I make that I think I could like serve in a restaurant. I think it's not good anyway, So slaving over the hot stove and everything tasted the delicious chef's kiss, right, I was very happy Michelin Star meal, whatever you want to say. So then after the meal, I was kind of hanging out, you know, talking about life, how we're going to solve all of life's problems. Then we were like, well, we can't really solve that problem, screw it, and had a piece of celebratory cake. I sent out a photo on Instagram and I think I put it on Facebook also where the wife to celebrate the TV thing, decided let them eat cake, right, let them eat cake, And so she bought this big cake, which my favorite cake was like a Smurf cake. It's got like thick frosting and this like blue cake.
Speaker 3: It's really good. Yeah, saw the photos.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's pretty. So so we had a piece of the cake. So then we're just hanging out. My buddy was trying to sober up, to be honest with it, because he had had a bunch of alcohol and I did not. By the way, I did not, you know, I got to keep my lean television body. He was trying to sober up. We were sitting on the sofa, you know, chatting again, you know, telling old stories, old war stories, back in my day and my day is his day because we were the same age. So this is the part of the story where things started to go hey wire, dating like, this is the part where things went a little crazy. So my buddy, we're talking about college football because he's got a sibling that works at a major college football program, like a top ten college football program. His sister is a big deal in that world, actually works for one of us, Nick Saban would say, one of the organizations. So he knows a lot of crap, and he knows I won't repeat it because I hardly ever talk about college football, but he hears everything. So that's kind of like a safe zone, Danny, because you know, you work with me a long time. College football just doesn't usually come up that much on the show unless it's Deon Sanders or Nick Saban. It doesn't.
Speaker 3: It doesn't move your needle very often.
Speaker 1: And I pointed out people get upset. I get emails from people from time to time who live in the South, let's say Southern Fried football or in the Midwest where the Big Ten is mostly and they'll be like, well, you really need to talk more about collegeball. And I've always pointed out if the show was on a different schedule, we would absolutely do it. But during football season the show we come on Sunday night in the West, right after the NFL games, like the late Sunday night NBC game ends, and then week come on a couple hours after that hour and a half after that that game, depending on the schedule, sometimes whatever, it's within a couple hours of the Sunday night football game inning, so that's a fresh story. It's always the biggest game of the week, and so we start running rhymes about that and whatever else happened in the NFL that day, and we don't talk about college football. And then on Monday night, you think, well, maybe you talk college football on Monday night and the Tuesday no, No, because we have a Monday night game to talk about. So we talk about the Monday night game, and that's how.
Speaker 3: We do it.
Speaker 1: So we do that, and then Tuesday, usually it's still fallout from Monday night. Wednesday, we start looking ahead to Thursday's NFL come.
Speaker 3: Well, surely on Thursday night into Friday morning. You talk about college.
Speaker 1: No, because we have a Thursday night NFL game to talk about it. Just see the problem here, You understand the problem. So there has to be a tremendously wonderful scandal for us to get into college football. Now. Fortunately we've had Dion Sanders who wants to rip the head off every other coach that he plays because of some great injustice. The coach said, disrespect and all that, and Dion able to work his magic the other coach makes it.
Speaker 3: Parsonal, Yeah, how let.
Speaker 1: Me ask you this, Danny, how long can that stick last for Dion? At some point? Isn't that not going to work? When you when you get to week seven or eight of the coma, I.
Speaker 3: Think it has legs to carry him to his next job.
Speaker 1: You want to take a bet on where his next job will be?
Speaker 3: What do you think next gig for gig? I'm gonna say it is going to be a team that drafts Caleb Williams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had said, as a distant relative of Nostradamus and friend of Nosterdenis, I had said the Atlanta Falcons. I tossed that out. I don't think the Cowboys. I don't think Jerry Jones would go down that road, even though that would be amazing fodder for those of us that are in the sports media world. And then you look around. You got to look at the Southeastern Conference because that's the top of college football. So at anybody who's about to get whacked. Jed who fled the knucklehead Jed who fled from Florida. He actually had. I thought a pretty good line that even though he was probably higher than a kite, I think he's onto something. He mentioned Texas A and m as possibility.
Speaker 3: That's not mad. But I could definitely see Dion taking his talent to the NFL. Would his style of coaching work in the National Football League?
Speaker 1: It's like short term, but he'd probably wear out as welcome right, because a lot of the guys, like the players, don't want to deal with the bull crap in the in the NFL. I don't want anything to do with that. And I was like, eh, but it might if he gets a young team and he hasn't played in so long. It's like the players in college they know of Dion Sanders, but it's not like they watched him play. And the guys even in the NFL. Dion played so long ago that the guys in the NFL who were the younger guys, they were like five or six maybe the last time Dion Sanders was playing in the NFL. But the Texas A and m row with Jimbo Fisher not exactly like in the World on Fire, I could see that. I can see that happening, though. That would be the mother of all payouts. Does this count as college football talk.
Speaker 3: By the way, Danny, it sure does.
Speaker 1: I got distracted. I was telling a story.
Speaker 3: You were talking about how you don't cover college football, and then now you covered college football.
Speaker 1: Did about ten minutes on college well, but no, back to the story. Sorry, but you carry away. It's a podcast.
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 1: So my buddy's telling me stuff about college football because that's a world he's familiar with and he's got relative in it.
Speaker 3: And so I'm listing.
Speaker 1: And I don't remember much more than that, because next thing I know, it's rock by Baby in the tree top. When the wind blows, the cradle will rock.
Speaker 3: You know that whole thing. You sing that to.
Speaker 1: Your son, by the way, you got to sing nursery rhymes and those little those little things.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, I sing that, and then I pretend like he's falling down to the floor. Nice, you gotta I bump his head on the carpet softly, but he laughs. He thinks it's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have I have fun like hush, little baby and all that. I remember my mom. I hardly have any memories when I was really little, but I hear those songs and I in my head, I'm like my mom. I remember my mom reading those songs to me when I was a little baby. So we'll get to the point, please. So I fell asleep while my friend was talking to me, tell me some college football story. I was so zonked from staying up twenty five hours last week. I actually over twenty five hours to do the TV thing, the radio thing and all that. It finally caught up to me. I completely zonked. I it was like I had NARPLELEPSI. I passed out and uh yeah. So that my friend left.
Speaker 3: My buddy like.
Speaker 1: Left, well, I fell asleep on the seb He just took off. He said, I had to go. That was and I won't.
Speaker 3: You weren't a good thing. You weren't on a date.
Speaker 1: I know, I woke up and I was like, wait a minute.
Speaker 3: I was like, what happened? You know, like crap.
Speaker 1: I was like half awake, half asleep. You know, you're bedraggled, You're not sure what's going on. And then on Saturday last week, my my wife had me at you know, because part of the marriage dealing, you know this Danny is when you're married, you're the plus one. When the wife goes to a party, you're the plus one.
Speaker 3: You gotta go.
Speaker 1: And so I got taken to a work party and I was in total zombie mode. Still I think I had I barely recovered now, so I'm in zombie mode, unable to function properly throughout the day and night, in a general malaise.
Speaker 3: And this is kind of eh.
Speaker 1: It's like being hungover, but I didn't even have alcohols, just sleep lack of sleep. And then this, you know, this whole thing has been wonderful, it's been a vortex of goodness, but my sleep schedule is completely effed up. So anyway, that's the whole point. I rock a bye baby. I fell asleep while my friend was telling me a college football story, and that was that, and it was just was away Danny for for him and for you apparently.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It so very similar to how our college football talk put people to sleep. Your buddies did the same thing to you.
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 3: Yes, fast asleep, fast asleep. Oh my, oh my gosh. Monday, for nine to eleven, there was, as you referenced on yesterday's podcast, there was an iHeart event at the old Johnny Carson studio. I don't think you've been to that studio since iHeart took it over, have you? I have not. No.
Speaker 1: I used to go by there quite a bit when Jay Leno, and you know, that was years ago when he had the Tonight show and I was around there. But no, I have not.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I knew they took it over, but I didn't really know what they had done with it. So how is it over there?
Speaker 3: It's very cool. They've built it into a small TV studio for live performances. So anytime a big music star has an album that's being released or an event that they want to throw, iHeart will hold it there with their TV cameras and an iHeart host. Usually, you know, one of their big boys will come out, Like if it's a country show, it'll be Bobby Bones. They're interviewing the artist, and what they do is like a mini concert for one hour. They will air it on all of Iheart's channels and their YouTube channel, and they'll broadcast it live across the world. And they have a small audience in there of clients, VIP and iHeart employees, so it only holds, as you know, a couple hundred people in there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not very big at all. Yeah, And so you were did you you got you went to this where you were able to attend this thing?
Speaker 3: Is that? Yeah, big country and rock superstar Jelly Roll from Tennessee was performing. He flew and he's been opening for that big country star Eric Church. He took a break off that tour to fly into LA for the nine to eleven tribute show that iHeart wanted him to do for wounded warriors and some other organizations, some other charities for soldiers, which was really cool of him. Get to the Burbank studios there and it's Monday night football Jets and as you know the debut of one Aaron Rodgers. It's broke. It's broke. Our oldest went along with me to the show because he's a big country music fan, kind of like take your kid to work day for me because our boss was nice enough to let my kid hang out in the studio as I produced Covino and Rich on Monday afternoon, hurried up and did the post production, and as we were walking in to the theater, that's when it's broke. It's broke. That's what's when Aaron Rodgers got hurt. Oh boy, oh man in the coup one hundred people in front of the theater waiting to get in, the whole place was buzzing about Aaron Rodgers and the Jets. Let you know how even more how NFL is king because people were out there for music and everybody was talking about Aaron Rodgers in the NFL. So we get inside the theater. They basically spent millions of dollars to pimp this place out so that these star musicians look like stars up on this stage for when they filmed them. And what's really cool about it is you're standing right in front of the stage. If you were a stalker, you literally could reach your hand out and grab Jelly Roll's ankle, although that wouldn't end well.
Speaker 1: Back in my younger days, I did have a lot of jelly rolls. I did enjoy a jelly roll.
Speaker 3: I did. Yeah, you're not familiar with jelly Roll. You can google him and he's got a hit on the radio right now called save Me. No.
Speaker 1: I actually I have heard of jelly Row. You probably don't think I have, because you know, I'm not really up on too much pop culture. But I had heard of this guy.
Speaker 3: He's got a really good documentary out on Hulu right now called Save Me. So add that to your list of documentaries to watch.
Speaker 1: I do love documentaries. Now, before you go on, I'm gonna hit the pause button here, daddy, So before you go on here, Now, the kid, your son that you took to the Covino and Ritual. Was he a into the show? Was he impressed at what you do or see? Was he just futzing around on his phone the whole time, bored out of his mind?
Speaker 3: He wasn't on his phone. He had his laptop with him because he is a new student at KL lou University, so he was doing some homework. All right, that's cool. Yeah, so he was kind of paying attention to what was going on. I'd hear him laugh once in a while. Then during commercial breaks, he would walk over and kind of take a look at what I was doing on the computers, and then he would wander back over and start working on his on his history page. Again, he was half engaged. I would say, gotcha, gotcha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you always just just like when me and you would walk into a radio station.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so dude, us at that age, well, I mean both of us were already in radio at his age, but back up earlier. If somebody had taken us to studios when we were little kids, oh man, it would be the same thing as when we went to stadiums for the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is amazing, like this is the hallowed ground and so cool, so cool.
Speaker 3: So he did. He was pretty impressed with the new studios. He thought it was really cool. And then of course he got to see the iHeart Theater, which he thought was really really cool. And now we're standing just a few feet away from mister Jelly roll and put on a great show. He's got like four or five hits now. He did his hits in between talking about first responders and what that meant to him after the tragedy and everything. And he was a little kid at the time, but after watching the first responders rush into those buildings, he had a whole new appreciation for firefighters and policemen. Obviously there were some military folks in the building, and so it was really a warm, like a really nice feeling there inside the building and all over the world. They put this out for everybody to watch and listen to, and he's belting out these tunes, Big Ben, like, this guy's got some crazy vocals. So the crowd was super impressed with his singing. And then there's a director who's kind of like cut like, letting him know you are no longer on the iheartfeed, which means he's now just performing for us inside the little Johnny Carson theater. Nice well, Ben was away because Jelly Roll gets on his mic and he said, all right, so the forty minutes on the Feet is over. I'm just live in the theater. And somebody gave him a thumbs up and he's like, huh.
Speaker 4: Fu, fuck, damn it fuck, And people are just kind of standing there looking and half the crowd is laughing, and he's like, I'm sorry, just how to get that out of my system?
Speaker 3: For forty minutes there, I felt like I was performing at fucking Disneyland.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: So he obviously he's used to, you know, letting it rip and saying whatever he wants to say. And he's got a good message in his music that also accompanies the some of the party style that that he's known for. But yeah, man, it was funny because I thought you could appreciate that, because you know, especially on regular FAMFM, we don't curse in the hallway. You cursed a lot. I noticed when I worked with you on your live show, blank, my, blank and blank. You like radio savant. You would crack the microphone and no curse words ever came out of your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been every once in a while. I've had a few hiccups over the years, but.
Speaker 3: Very few, very few hiccups.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I get my cursing out in the commercials, and I usually in the main studio. I tried to avoid that as a rule of thumb. In the podcast studio, we can say all those words. But I did work with the guy years ago, early on in my career, and he had one of the legendary stories in LA radio. He was working at a station I think you know who this is. He was working at a station, the station w was changing formats. He was about to lose his job and the last night this is why you never get a final show on radio. So his last night on the air, he was completely schnockered, and near the end of the show he said, like, you know, who cares. They can't fire us, And then he just started saying the F word and the S word, like over and over and over, just like you heard with Jelly Roll. And he did it into the microphone on a radio station. And this is back in the days when everyone was like freaking out, Oh my god, the yes, the FCC is going to get you in all that. And I don't think he got in any trouble for it, but he did it. He like did it on the air. How crazy is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe screw him. He's one of the reasons why we didn't get to say goodbye to our listeners when we got fired from radio stations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much, pretty much.
Speaker 3: He's the reason. That's the reason right there we didn't get to have farewells shows.
Speaker 1: It's not right, man, it's not right. You never get to goodbye. He's just vanished. Did you go off into the cosmos? And that is that all right, so we have what we we've got Backscratcher. That is what's next, Backscratcher, Danny. These are actual reviews by actual people that have listened to the podcast, and it does help us out the Apple podcast pages. In the description this week, Danny, do we have one, two, three, or four reviews on the Backscratcher Apple podcast page?
Speaker 3: Wow, you went all the way up to four. I'm gonna say three.
Speaker 1: Well, Danny, you'll be happy to know that we have not one, not two, but d n Nate Nate name, you got it right?
Speaker 3: Three? Three? Yeah? Man, I'm good at this game.
Speaker 1: I think you did. You cheat, Danny, don't cheat now. First one is from our friend Peter, who is from Cleveland, and he gave us five stars. He said he rarely misses an episode. Says his brother in law listens live every night. He recommended the show, and I started podcasting it and now rarely miss an episode. He says he especially loves the fifth hour, and he loves the listener letters. He likes the mail bag. Danny loves the mail bag. I love the mail bag.
Speaker 3: Too, Peter. I love I love ask Ben.
Speaker 1: He just not ask Ben. This is a totally different feature, and it'll be on tomorrow's podcast. He says, thanks for consistent excellence. Highly recommend the show and follow up. It just keeps getting better. Best duel on the dial. Danny and Benny rocketed to my top podcast.
Speaker 3: How about that, Danny, nice man. I'm gonna show that to our boss. We are.
Speaker 1: We are number one on Peter's smartphone, loud and clear, right there.
Speaker 5: Number one, number one, number one now with a bullet, number one on an iPhone or an Android or whatever he happens to have.
Speaker 1: Next up, Thank you, Peter. Next up, we have a splendid Daddy from Leesburg, Alabama. Daddy's four point nine stars, Nobody's perfect, Ben and Danny and Splendid Daddy says, I have listened to all twenty three hours a week, twenty for the show and three for the fifth hour for three years running.
Speaker 3: Now and then his mind must be warped.
Speaker 1: Smartest guy in Leesburg, Alabama, and to prove that he's really from Leesburg, Alabama, he says, y'all are down to earth, anti woke, and best of all, I love the sarcasm. Keep up the good work. Hopefully all get another twenty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we.
Speaker 1: Prout both Danny probably need to work in other twenty years. I think that's pretty fair to say, right, I don't know, unless we win the lottery or something like that.
Speaker 3: Right, well, we are definitely retiring at seventy five years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, I think, I think so, I think that's gonna that's gonna happen. Cliff in Nashville rights away twenty years. How will you think I am?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Cliff in Nashville rights and so, he says, I so look forward to the real Fifth Hour with Mallard and Danny g Every weekend. They share their interesting life experiences with candor and humor we can all relate to. And then he says, Ben's quick wit, Danny's calm approach me for a great team.
Speaker 3: So they go, thank you, And everyone's been very nice here, Dad.
Speaker 1: And the reason everyone's been nice is we just we don't even read the bad reviews.
Speaker 3: We just leave those the side. We only read the good reviews.
Speaker 1: But no, we would read the bad reviews, but we don't get too many of those, which is pretty cool. Actually, most of the ones we got were when I was doing the show with guests, and he would go through his Rolodex and put like these really polarizing political people on the podcast, and I'm like, all right, whatever your book, I'll talk to whoever.
Speaker 3: I don't really I rarely.
Speaker 1: Turned down anyone, but certain people really got like freaked out, you know, and I'm I'm of the mindset I'll talk to pretty much anybody. I'm not, you know, on either side of the aisle. Obviously I'm on the anti woke side, but I'll talk to people I don't really care.
Speaker 3: And some people just lose their mind. They lose their mind. And we've had to rebuild your overall score ever since.
Speaker 1: I know, we were like what happened? Man, People were like us.
Speaker 3: When I joined your show, you had like a three point nine overall rating. Well give or take, you know, give me. But thank you to all the nice regular listeners of the podcast, because that number is up to a four point nine right now. Loujah Hei you Jesus. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the cool thing about this and I thank you for downloading the podcast and supporting what we do here because originally, when we started the podcast, it was going to be like another Sporto podcast. It was gonna be a gambling podcast, which it was for a while, and then it was just gonna be all interviews. And now, even though we talked some hot college football earlier in this podcast, it is I would say ninety two percent just about like us.
Speaker 3: And ten percent shenanigans.
Speaker 1: I'm not a numbers guy, but that doesn't seem to add up. Yeah, and it's like, listen, we're in the same battle everyone's in, right, We're all trying to make it through the crazy cornfield maze that is life, and stupid is as stupid does.
Speaker 3: And that's the way.
Speaker 1: The way it works. All right, we have with the word of the week, the word all the week. I think I used this word yesterday, Danny. The word of.
Speaker 3: The week, the word of the week.
Speaker 1: The word of the week. The word of the week is moxie. Moxie is the word of the week. So moxie, it's to me, it's a synonym of gumption, courage, I guess would be the way a lot of people look at it, that moxie means you have intestinal fortitude. If you got moxie, that's a compliment. Now, I didn't really know much about the history of the word, so I was like, all right, let's make this the word of the week. I use it from time to time. It's in my lexicon. What exactly does it mean? And I know what it kind of means? But where did it come from? So there's a couple of avenues you can go down from what I was able to uncover. It actually goes back about the modern usage goes back about one hundred years, and it was a brand name. The term moxie was a brand name of a bitter, non alcoholic drink, So that's in like the nineteen thirties, and then you go back to the eighteen eighties, eighteen seventies, it was the name of a medicine advertised to build up your nerve. Yeah, that kind of makes sense. And despite the beginnings of the word, there's all kinds of stories on the internet, I believe it or not. People people love words.
Speaker 3: I love words.
Speaker 1: And they claim that the company, that company, the medical company, put out all these wild stories about it. But they think the term actually came from a New England Indian word. And they say there's a fair amount of rivers, like there's a there's a river and a lake in Maine that are named moxie. They say, in the original Indian language, it means dark water. Okay, dark water. So there's a couple of different meetings on that. And they say in the nineteen teens, nineteen seventeen, there was a moxie company that won an infringement lawsuit against a competitor. Somebody started a different beverage called Proxy. That's pretty funny. That's like that coming to America where they had McDowell's.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you're selling a lot of beverages called moxie. So we're going to go the other way. We're going to go proxy. What could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 3: Man alive?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll get out on that note, Danny, we will push pop goes the culture to the Sunday mail Bag podcast, but I will go first with the begging. And it's Saturday, which means I am not doing radio, but I am doing television. So Benny versus the Penny. If you have not watched it yet, please try to check it out. It's all over cable television regional cable television on the NBC Sports affiliates around the country in Boston, Chicago, La, New York, Philadelphia, and a bunch of other cities. You don't have to point out at every time, Danny, you don't point that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let it be known. The Lakers channel in La is where you can watch Ben Malley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so that is going to be available off and on throughout the day, depending on which city you are in. If you've already watched it, watch it again. That would help us out a lot. That would help us out a lot. If you did that, that would mean a lot to me. So I do appreciate that. I'm trying to make sure this thing doesn't get canceled by week nine, and if people actually watch it, maybe they'll actually bring it back for another year.
Speaker 3: That would be wild.
Speaker 1: Also, we've only made it through two weeks though, so we have many, many more shows to get through. Danny, what do you have going on here? You're not working today? Right, Saturday, day of rest.
Speaker 3: Day of travel, because in about an hour we are going to pack baby Koa into the car. He's gonna go on his first little trip. We're gonna drive about forty five minutes north to the ocean and spend one night there on the beach, just because we are sick of being stuck indoors.
Speaker 1: Nice and co on the Rota. Right, it kind of it flows right, you get like you have that as a slogan.
Speaker 3: CoA Bryant with his first road trip. You always remember your first road tips.
Speaker 1: And that's the story you'll tell when he gets his driver's license someday. I remember the first trip we took.
Speaker 3: I remember, you know, we went, you know here, and it's Hollywood Shores, Ben, So who wouldn't want their first trip to be an Oxnard, California.
Speaker 1: Beautiful ox Star. That's the training camp home of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ox nord America's team.
Speaker 1: All right, have a great Saturday. Thank you, thank you, thank you for listening to this. And we have the mail Bag on Sunday, and you better listen to the mail Bag on Sunday because that happens to be Peter from Cleveland's Favorite Podcast, and I know we've got Peter listening, and so you should listen as well. We'll catch you next time. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Austa Pasta got a murder. I gotta go