Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Show, Katty Armstrong and Decide and Arms Wrong Get It line from studio C say you are.
Speaker 2: We are in a dimly lit room deeper than the bowels of the Armstrong in Getty Communications Compound, so close to the weekend you can smell it, and today we are toiling under the title of the show, a.
Speaker 3: Return to bita bitza. We will explain in a moment if you're not familiar with that term it goes backaways, or if you prefer nice moon. That's what she said, she Xi Chairman, we are in a race for the moon.
Speaker 2: I hadn't realized the true significance of it. We will elaborate, Okay, cool. We talked a little bit about that yesterday.
Speaker 4: I was complaining that that angle of it was getting no coverage. It was, as usual, the identity politics of the astronauts as opposed to the strategic reason that we're going to the other side of the moon. Well, and if the United States is in some sort of contest, even with the most evil, oppressive regime on Earth, obviously we're the bad guy. According to virtually all of the media, so they would never taken us versus them stance.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I want to hear more about that. Definitely, the uh I'm I guess I shouldn't be amazed at this point five weeks into the war, four and a half weeks into the war, somehow we decided we're going to judge the war entirely on gas prices. I don't know how that got started, but apparently. I mean, that's every media oil jumped after the presidents. It's either a good idea, dear, it's not. The price of gas really doesn't have a lot to do with it. You know, when I had to get my completely ravaged joint replaced, they knocked me unconscious.
Speaker 1: Then they dislocated my leg and it hurt for weeks. No, it had to be done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the interim's painful and uncomfortable, and then the job is done. So the way the world works sometimes, God, they're so dishonest. You can't hate the media enough.
Speaker 1: Well, you can still be against the war.
Speaker 4: It just doesn't seem like the best angle to me is to gas went up okay after the speech, because the whole goal apparently is to keep gas at a certain price as opposed to keeping Iran from beating a nuclear weapon. I came across a couple of things yesterday that finally it all made sense. I never understand why the Trump White House can't or doesn't communicate these things more clearly. What's going on? But around all the rockets? Why we got to take out the rocket capability?
Speaker 1: And why that why?
Speaker 4: Marco Rubio said the other day the war ends when we've taken out the rocket capability. Everybody's like, what, Well, it makes sense to me now, so maybe we can get to that little later on a couple of our different articles I read. So we got lots to talk about today. How's the Moon mission going? I heard about the floaters? Did you hear about the floaters? I don't know about the floaters. Oh, it's a little gross, Adie, are prepared for gross to start the show?
Speaker 1: Dang it?
Speaker 2: What else is now into the sore already? The show just started. Well, it's the only problem reported on the space launch so far. They some sort of problem with the fan in the bathroom, which apparently h OH keeps the defecate in the bag and from floating around the space capsule. So they had to fix that, because if you don't want that, if you go number two in space, it just floats off on you apparently, which makes sense perfect, definitely, Yeah, yeah, to capture it. Yeah, it's not your standard bathroom. It's lovely, that is. It's uh yeah, it draws the deficate, is you so delicately and sophisticatedly put? It draws the deficate into the storage unit.
Speaker 4: Right, because otherwise, again it's just kind of floating kaka good exactly.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm glad they got that figured out.
Speaker 1: An asteroid if you.
Speaker 2: Will, Hey, folks, I get paid for this.
Speaker 1: Excellent.
Speaker 4: My kids were younger, I would tell them that joke, but I'm afraid they're too old for it.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I'd like to apologize. You should No, you should not.
Speaker 1: Oh where were we?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: We could start to show officially a little bit sure early. That seems like a good idea, especially executive producer Hansen says, Floating Deficate is the name of my new free form dark metal band.
Speaker 1: I'd go to your show, yeah, just as party.
Speaker 4: That's interesting problem to have right off the bat, though, I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is a Thursday April second year, twenty twenty six, Armstrong and getting we approved this program.
Speaker 2: Let's commence then officially according to FCCU rules and regulations and explain the bit of bitsa reference at mark.
Speaker 6: We're going to hit them extremely hard over the next two to three weeks. We're going to bring them back to the Stone Ages where they belong.
Speaker 1: There you go in the wake of nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: The phrase bummed them back to the Stone Age was so common we just came up with the abbreviation bit of BITSA. I guess it's an acronym, isn't it.
Speaker 4: So Oil jumps almost immediately during Trump's speech last night, I guess as soon as the market's got the inkling that he wasn't going to announce basically that it was over markets. Perhaps he was going to come out and say we have won the we will be ending operations within the next He did not. You went risk to settlement with the new leaders. That would have been lovely. We are going to bomb them back to the Stone Age if they don't come around, which is an indication this could go on.
Speaker 1: For a while.
Speaker 4: I have been taking in more information on this whole project. Wall Street Journal has got a good article on it. To go in there and grab the enriched uranium and get it out of there, that would be one of the all time most difficult military maneuvers of my lifetime.
Speaker 1: Has everybody thought.
Speaker 2: This completely through to what it would take here, This is what I asked last week when we were talking to my clients. Wouldn't you need to like secure an incredibly large area for like a month and bring in bulldozer.
Speaker 1: Yes, you would have to do all that sort of stuff. Yeah, it would take a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people, and you'd just be a such a sitting duck target. And then the transportation of the stuff, they'd have to bring in trucks. Where are the truck's gonna drive to exactly?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How vulnerable would they be? Good?
Speaker 4: Gracious the border with a rack it's a little more friendly or Saudi Arabia I guess I don't know, but uh, it very well might be one hundred percent necessary to do to get that enriched. Your enemy can't just have it floating around like space defecate.
Speaker 2: Right, and it's going to be Although one of the takeaways from the speech last night was that Trump didn't state this, you know, just in black and white. But he hinted heavily that no, that's all. The uranium is buried under tons of rubble. It would take them ages to get it out and use it. We're going to keep an eye on it, suggesting that no, we're not going to go get it.
Speaker 4: According to the Wall Street Journal, he's the one that suggested a project to get it out of there. So maybe he's been convinced by the military that is practically undoable. Perhaps, I hope so it sounds like a and well, I hope what he's saying is true, because I don't want the world to be able to get their hands on a whole bunch to uranium that has been enriched.
Speaker 1: But if it's buried under gazillion pounds of.
Speaker 2: Rocks, no it ain't going anywhere, right, right, And life, as well as presidencies, are full of things that sound like good ideas until you learn exactly what's involved.
Speaker 1: I brought into a few of those in my life. Oh lord, yes, my alpack of farm for instance. Oh yeah, your out pack of farm. Us talk about that all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I bought three hundred hat. I thought, go big or go home, right, terrible mistake. Right, he got in early, got out late. Why I bought high and sold low. It was terrible.
Speaker 4: And you still have what three al packs in every bedroom still waiting find them good homes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, free, free, I'll give you a hundred bucks whatever. Just please take my alpacas. They're getting old now. Their vet bills are even worse. Okay, speaking of defect stop Scott Katie's headlines coming up next. You want to comment on anything, text line in four KFTC.
Speaker 1: How y'all do it? Good? Glad? Eric nice?
Speaker 4: Good Friday tomorrow. My son who goes to a private Christian school has the day off because they treat it like it's something there. I remember when we when when we worked in Charlotte, North Carolina, it was a very very I mean it was it was people didn't work, people went to church, people, the whole thing.
Speaker 2: And then you live in godless California. Right, it's still in the same way because it's exploded in size. I don't know about Charlotte. When I mentioned the rural areas certainly are oh yeah, absolutely true. Yeah, yeah, they are not godless in that part of the country where Jennifer Seebel Newsom takes her children to see the horrors of racism and bigotry and misogyny and who knows what else. Actually, if you missed this, she took her kids on a tour of the Red States of America so they could see the horrors like it.
Speaker 1: Was a Republican zoo, right zoo.
Speaker 2: She's hilarious. Oh the gift that just keeps giving. All right, so much going on. Let's figure out who's reporting what.
Speaker 7: It's the lead story with Katie Green and Katie also fun fact.
Speaker 5: I was born on a good Friday?
Speaker 1: Were really I was? Look at you? Well, it was an extra good Friday that day.
Speaker 7: All right, let's go to the alphabet networks.
Speaker 5: NBC. Trump makes his case for.
Speaker 7: Iran war, saying you will and shortly, but more strikes are ahead.
Speaker 2: Wall Street Journal by the way, gave this speech a very high grade.
Speaker 1: CNN gave it.
Speaker 4: An fly depends on how you look at it.
Speaker 7: ABC US Embassy tells Americans to leave Iraq and cites terror threats, and CNN oil prices surge on Trump's vow to hit Iran quote extremely hard.
Speaker 4: I would just say briefly on the speech, I'm not sure those things matter that much anymore. It's not like the old days if everybody waits around for the president to give a primetime speech and otherwise doesn't hear anything. I mean, we get a drumbeat of Trump talking every single day. It was just another hymn talking. I don't know why it would matter that much.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the material mattered, or it could have mattered a lot more than it did, just because the message last night is we're going to keep doing what we're doing, and everybody was looking for some pivot point.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, do you want to bet abage to whether or not he says something today that.
Speaker 1: Makes you wonder why he said what he said last night. Oh no, that's one hundred percent true.
Speaker 2: What you said is one hundred percent true unless he had a major pivot point announcement to make.
Speaker 1: That's a better way to statement.
Speaker 7: From the New York Times, Key justices appear skeptical of limiting birthright citizenship.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling can be disappointed by this decision. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk to one of our friends from the Pacific Legal Foundation about what he thought of the oral arguments and little tea leafreedom from Reuters.
Speaker 7: Russia plans to send second ship with oil to Cuba.
Speaker 4: So we're trying to strangle Cuba unless it makes oil too expensive, or it makes them fall before we're ready to deal with it, or something.
Speaker 1: It seems to be the case.
Speaker 7: From the Wall Street Journal, US lifts sanctions on Venezuela's leader, opening the door to deals.
Speaker 2: That's an evolving situation, clearly. It's the weird relationship we have now with the new dictators is somewhat.
Speaker 1: Troubling, but they go wait and see attitude.
Speaker 5: From the Chicago Tribune.
Speaker 7: Universities pressured to strip names of Epstein associates from campus buildings.
Speaker 4: I like that headline Epstein Associates. So what does that mean? Is that just your name showed up somewhere in an email? And these universities that are lousy with communists and America haters. Please, you're going to cleanse yourself with the evildoers, are you?
Speaker 1: That's cute?
Speaker 7: From the New York Post, Red Lobster to revive a disastrous endless shrimp deal.
Speaker 1: Really, I thought that's what forced them into bankruptcy.
Speaker 5: That is what forced them into bankruptcy.
Speaker 1: They're bringing back the endless shrimp.
Speaker 7: Apparently they will be rolling it out on like a month to month basis, so like it'll be a promotion.
Speaker 5: Okay than like in all the time sort of thing.
Speaker 7: Right, And they're also hoping to put more of their products into stores.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can buy in retail red Lobster branded products.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know, like right now, you can buy the their biscuit mix. M.
Speaker 1: The biscuits are pretty good. The bestcits are good.
Speaker 5: Studdy vines.
Speaker 7: Thinking positively about getting older may shape how you age.
Speaker 1: I'll be darned. Attitude matters who knew that's stupid? Shut up breaking this? Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 5: And finally from the Babylon b.
Speaker 7: Christy No asks her husband if there's anything he needs to get off his chest.
Speaker 1: Oh, simple, but delightful. Well done, Seth and Crew.
Speaker 4: So Mark Hawpern, who has a lot of sources in Washington, d C, said there is a lot more shocking stuff to come on that story.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't imagine what it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Credit where it's due to JT from Livermore, who pointed out that the story is probably more significant than it seems because of the blackmail threat Yeah, of a cabinet official, and then more importantly, speculated did she shoot the dog because he knew too much?
Speaker 1: I heard somebody say, did the dog shoot himself to get out of the family? Oh? Too dark? Too dark? I like it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The whole security risk thing is damned interesting because she was the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, and any sort of terrorist group or anything like that that's got any sort of black maleble material on her.
Speaker 2: Husband that could have been a big deal. How did How did I assume they do the most thurrough of background check on you when you're gonna be the DHS secretary because I just assume you have the absolute top clearance that exists. But who's they in this scenario the Senate? I guess whoever does the background checks? I think the FBI does the background checks. Didn't we learn that through all this? Right?
Speaker 1: But in service to the president? Right?
Speaker 2: So if Trump says it, I don't care if her husband wears big fake boob, since pays five dollars a minute to pro skanks to talk to them.
Speaker 4: But there's no news that Trump was Noe knew that and said that's okay, right, you just no.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, even if the FBI uncovered something kinky like that. The president could still say, Okay, great, I still honor. I guess you wouldn't though you wouldn't think so.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, But that is that is a very blackmailable situation. I mean, that's way beyond having an affair or something like that. Uh, you could have gotten to him and put him in a position where, hey, I need you to kind of go take a look at your wife's phone and.
Speaker 1: See who she talked to today or something.
Speaker 4: Ron he's thinking, yeah, I don't really want the world to know about my whole bimblification finish, And.
Speaker 2: They're not asking me to go more than like half an inch over the line, right, And that's the way they get you. Yeah, once you're half an inch over the line, they say, oh, we've got proof you went over the line and we could have you arrested.
Speaker 1: So we need you to do.
Speaker 4: This now, oh something to get off her chest. And he had the big giant okay, now I get it.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Michael Traumas to Armstrong a picture.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: If there's some more more shocking stuff to come out on that, I'm having trouble even imagining what it would be. But okay, we got more news of the day coming up. If you missed a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: On demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Thanks to the progress we've made, I can say tonight that we are on track to complete all of America's military objectives shortly, very shortly. We're going to hit them extremely hard over the next two to three weeks. We're going to bring them back to the Stone ages where they belong. In the meantime, discussions are ongoing. Regime change was not our goal. We never said regime change, but regime change.
Speaker 1: Has occurred because of all.
Speaker 6: Of their original leader's deaths.
Speaker 2: They're all dead, possibly replaced by people that are every bit as hardline or even more so.
Speaker 1: So. It's hard to tell.
Speaker 4: Man, I was listening to somebody who clearly had more information on this than me yesterday talk about how there is a battle going on between the revolutionary Guard, who are bloodthirsty warlord businessmen more than anything else, and the religious zealots, and who you're hearing from on a regular basis, when you hear Iran said varies, and that's why it seems kind of all over the place, and maybe why Trump's responses seem all over the place because you're responding to two different factions.
Speaker 1: What a situation, who do you pick in that fight?
Speaker 4: And this particular pundit and I thought this was damn interesting, said, Iran might not be able to open.
Speaker 1: The strait of horror moves.
Speaker 4: I mean, if one of those groups makes a deal with Trump that the other group doesn't like, they might keep the straight of horror moves closed to try to end up being deep power in Iran. Right, So just their internal battle which could turn into an actual open bullets flying internal battle at some point.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 4: But to the price of gas thing, which we'll talk more about later. In the price of oil thing, I was reading a piece by Mark Penn. If you don't know his name, he was Hillary's campaign manager back in two thousand and eight. He's a big time Democrat strategist polster back when Democrats were like, you know, left but normal, which that boat sailed a long time ago.
Speaker 1: But anyway, he had an article in the New York Post.
Speaker 2: I'll read about it later about how Gus was this high under Obama for like three weeks during this period and nobody said a word and blah blah blah, and how we can't be basing the war around the price of oil.
Speaker 1: And all the sort of thing that we were just saying not long ago.
Speaker 4: So I thought that was interesting from a Democrat speaking of the Democrats. This polling came out yesterday. Who was this polling? It was at CNN, I think as CNN Politics, and it fits in with most other polls. This is not an outlier. It's kind of confirming other poles that are out there. Trump's numbers are down in a whole bunch of different areas. There will be polls coming out soon where he's in the twenties. They would be outliers at this point, but you know that'll get a lot of attention the first one that has him at twenty nine percent, because that's damnlow his approval rating handling of his presidency. And this is since January of this year. We just ended March, so basically how the first quarter go for the president. He went from thirty nine percent approval to thirty five percent approval. His handling of the economy is down eight points since January, and it wasn't that high to start with. From thirty nine to thirty one, you're almost in the twenties. On your handling of the economy.
Speaker 1: I was just reading some stuff fight Who was it, Phil Graham? I think.
Speaker 2: The old timey senator, an economist and moderate, who was talking about how the terriff have been so bad for American business, specifically manufacturers, because all of their inputs have gotten so much more expensive they can't compete. And so, yeah, I've been shocked at how not focused on the economy the second Trump uh go around sight.
Speaker 4: And that's specific reality you're talking about. People's perceptions can be well, they can be the opposite reality or an exaggeration of reality. They don't have to be right on and people's perceptions right now, economic conditions in the US are poor, say seventy percent, seventy seven percent of Americas.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's terrible.
Speaker 4: Economic conditions in the US are poor, say seventy seven percent of Americans. That's up eight points since the beginning of this year. And we are already through the whole tariff thing, and people, you know their attitudes about tariff at the beginning of the year.
Speaker 2: I will double down on my oft made statement that if inflation is high, nothing else matters. And the ugly sister of inflation is uncertainty, and there's you know, it's that's thick in the air. So you take those two things together and people are really worried.
Speaker 4: And then in specific Trump's policies have worsened economic conditions. It's now up ten points since the first of the year to sixty five percent, So two thirds of Americans think Trump's policy specifically have worsened economic conditions. Those are not good numbers, and he had unbelievably great numbers his first term around everything economics. That's what got him reelected. Really, there's people remembering how great that was.
Speaker 2: But as CNN themselves point out, as bad as that, all that is, the Democrats are doing just as bad. In all the polling, there is little sign that Democrats are capitalizing on what Americans see as Trump's shortcomings, writes their analysis, and CNN with an even broader seventy four percent of the public saying Democrats in Congress have the wrong priorities. Four percent of Americans Democrats have the wrong priorities.
Speaker 1: That's one of the reason.
Speaker 2: I've been so fired up when Trump is either an idiot or an a hole, pardon me, is.
Speaker 1: That the fruit is absolutely ripe to pluck.
Speaker 2: From the tree of not losing the House and Senate in the midterm, of upsetting that tradition because the Democrats are so nuts and so weak, and the Republicans just keep scrowing it up.
Speaker 4: Democrats are much more likely than Republicans to be unhappy with their own party. If you want to look at Independence, who are apparently all the smart people go because you get more of a sense that these people are actually thinking about things and making a decision, as opposed to always going with their party or against the other party, which I think is probably pretty true.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry who made that characterization.
Speaker 4: I think most smart people, when you look at Independence and polls, you think that's the crowd that's not going to always root for their side and root against the other side.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just I think that the way you put that was a little hurtful toward people who say I'm a Republican.
Speaker 1: Uh, they're not smart people. Okay, that's not what I meant.
Speaker 4: But well, I think in polling though, in fact, you know, if you look at Trump's approval rating among Republicans, it's like ninety eight percent or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would I would say it's more interesting to look at Independence. I don't know if.
Speaker 4: You'll learn anything when when if you if you take an issue, you know, go with the Democrats. You present an issue to the Democrats and one hundred percent of the Democrats say it's great what Joe Biden just did and zero percent of the Republicans.
Speaker 1: Do you learn anything from that? I don't. I don't know if you do well?
Speaker 2: No, no, indeed, I'm just my only never mind. I think I made myself clear.
Speaker 4: Independence. Both parties are seen as equally off topic. About three quarters of independents say that say that each of the parties have the wrong priorities. So to your point, say that because it's true to your point, though, the fruit is right for the picking for some party. If you got three three quarters of the independence out there saying I'm not happy, they didn't want to be. If one of those parties could break through with a you know, we're trying to.
Speaker 1: Help your lives right, you could make some hay.
Speaker 2: If the Democrats could unload their absolutely not you know, leftward flank, they'd be in great shape. If they became a party of moderates like rum Manuel and Rui tieshera trying to get going.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know Ruy.
Speaker 2: He's a big time Democrat for a long time and he writes for the Free Press. But he's had to shut down his blog now because all of the energy and all of the money has gone out of moderating the Democratic Party. That that moment came and went apparently right.
Speaker 4: There's one other thing I want to add to this, just since she talked about taking back the House, which is an obsession of a media which normal people just don't think about. The Sunday talk shows constantly will they lose the House?
Speaker 2: Will so and so when the House? Normal people don't think about this stuff. Normal people worry about if they'll lose their house.
Speaker 1: Jack, that was just too perfect. I couldn't pass.
Speaker 4: It was really good, Thank you, sounds fantastic. But I wanted to point this out to the whole losing the House. When the House, and when Trump loses the House, which he probably will, they'll.
Speaker 2: Talk about, oh, what are repute reputed going against everything that Trump stands for.
Speaker 4: And blah blah blah. The twenty ten mid terms, for instance.
Speaker 2: Barack Obama, the Great Barack Obama first election after he was elected president, they.
Speaker 1: Lost sixty three House seats, sixty three and six Senate seats. I'll bet Obama wore out his per mat that night. Oh yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 4: He was just going with back to the fruit analogy, low hanging fruit today.
Speaker 2: This is it's cheap shot at the Armstrong and Kiddy show.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't know what's gotten into me. Back to you if you.
Speaker 4: Wanted to have a grown up conversation about mid terms and people taking the House.
Speaker 2: We're kind of a uh, I don't know, emotionally flighty electorate. We get all excited about somebody and then within months say, oh they suck and go completely the other direction, urage that I just voted for his garbage. No need to counterbalance them, no matter who it is.
Speaker 1: Yea, even Barack Obama, who had.
Speaker 2: Endless positive coverage right those first couple of years. I mean, he had the entire media outside of Fox as a cheerleading squad, and he looks like watching a couple make out on a street corner. It was hard to watch the tongue bath they were given in and they lost sixty three House seats. They're talking about Trump losing like a dozen. Yeah, yeah, So just keep that in mind whenever they get all excited about that stuff.
Speaker 4: It is kind of weird that we do that, though, get all excited about somebody there that's oh my.
Speaker 1: God, they've changed everything.
Speaker 2: Everything's gonna everything's gonna be different for the rest of all time now that this party just got the presidency.
Speaker 1: And then within months we go completely the other direction.
Speaker 2: The Blank Party may never win another election according to these Democratic triads.
Speaker 1: Oh god, again, you can't hate the media enough.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're they're they're incurious, they're biased and don't even know it. They're coddled, they're limp wristed simpletons. They're just despicable and virtually every way you can.
Speaker 4: Think of, well, that's the media. And then to the politicians. Remember when they get up there in the podium when your party takes it back, you know, every couple of years, and they get.
Speaker 2: Up there and talk about how a new era has dawned and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Blah, Send me money, send me money. That's what the going ding ding Yeah, whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got the email worked for two hundred and fifty years. That's not a bad one. We're gonna check in on the moon mission. See how things are going.
Speaker 4: We're gonna check in on the Supreme Court oral arguments an hour two and we got mail bag next.
Speaker 1: Yo, yo, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Glad you're here. Lots to talk about. That isn't the Warnerran. But some interesting stuff with the Warnerran.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Speaking of war, let's have a freedom loving quote of the day. Getting back to our series on the theme of war. So many interesting ones and good ones. I'm tempted to go with my favorite of all time from Winston Churchill, and I can't do it the way he did it, but or I shouldn't anyway. We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets. We shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I just learned from a recent book that I was reading that in personal conversations he believed it was likely that it was a law lost at that point when he got elected Prime minister.
Speaker 1: It was too late, the proverbial last ditch effort. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Is that the five days in London that you recommended? Yeah, it's really good. Yeah, I've got a note to pick up a copy of that.
Speaker 2: By the way, for the emptienth time we've been harassed to please just post a list of the books you guys recommend Moby Dick. Start with Moby Dick, read it four times, then get back to us. Cover to cover mailbag, drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and geddy dot com. I have for now. I was putting mail bag together. Separated out all of the emails we got about your frustrating experience at the doctor's office where your doctor your pa physician's assistant asks you to leave the room so they can be alone with your son and find out what's really going on and where that comes from and people's reaction to it.
Speaker 1: Got a ton of email on.
Speaker 4: That, Yeah, got it so from a friend in Tennessee who said, they don't.
Speaker 1: Do that here.
Speaker 2: No, indeed, they don't do it everywhere in It's a wow. There are state guidelines, but then it's mostly the individual practice or hospital or whatever that chooses to adhere to those our guidelines.
Speaker 4: Now I'm really ashamed for going along with it. Oh, don't be ashamed.
Speaker 1: Moving along.
Speaker 2: Here is the correspondent's proper nice note from Jerry. Guys have been a long time listener. Always enjoy your conversations. Thanks Jerry.
Speaker 1: Did you happen to catch the rocket launch today? I absolutely did.
Speaker 2: It immediately brought to mind the Apollo fore mission, So Jerry's got a couple of years on us, I guess. But and the way Walter Cronkite described the Saturn five lift off, how it shook the building so violently that he had to hold the glass with his hands to keep it from falling. It was a moment that captured just how amazing space flight truly was. This launch carried some of that same sense of wonder. Some things never lose their ability to take your breath away. In fact, I went back and rewatched that Apollo launch on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like to see one of the big launches sometime.
Speaker 2: It's tough, though, because they get delayed for weather a lot, and like you know, unless you live nearby, Yeah, you take some vacation days and hope for the best.
Speaker 1: I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Somebody once explained to me that a rocket launch is an extremely powerful bomb that goes off, but it all goes off in one direction.
Speaker 1: So the rocket goes up.
Speaker 2: And that's a pretty good description of the amount of energy involved.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was an amazing launch and we wish the astronauts. Well, let's see.
Speaker 2: On the topic of the president's speech, we got a handful of emails, including this one from Don President Trump's speech was brilliant, save for one emission. He neglected ad live from New York. It's Saturday night, April fool would have worked just as well. PPS to quote the great bugs Bunny, what a maroon. Not impressed by the President's speech.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I was.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it accomplished anything, which I assume you do it to try to accomplish them.
Speaker 1: I think it did.
Speaker 2: One of the main takeaways was trying to bring a little perspective to a TikTok world about these things take a lot little while, so quit with your endless war talk.
Speaker 1: After four weeks. I'm guessing.
Speaker 4: I'm guessing as to the way people take in media, and I don't know how many people still wait for a prime time address to I don't know.
Speaker 1: Fair point.
Speaker 2: Moving along, JT and Livermore, listen to our Armstrong and Getting One More Thing podcast yesterday about the New Democratic Party getting started in Canada, and how hilariously in their own way they were.
Speaker 1: It really is entertaining.
Speaker 2: You can go for Armstrong and getting on demand for April first, or just subscribe to the on demand podcast and I'm sorry, one more thing automatically downloads. Anyway, he says, here's my problem with the Canadian political meeting. In the name of enlightened inclusivity, they're literally creating a new cast system via their equity cards, in which the person with the most intersectionality points gets to cut in line and speak before others. Quite literally, true friends, And how do they use this newfound power. They use their time to rail on the lower casts for daring to.
Speaker 1: Speak before them.
Speaker 2: Remember, these are the self proclaimed compassionate, inclusive people. Yet these moral exemplars of inclusivity can't wait to exercise their newfound privilege over the lower cast. Those who simply support inclusivity but are straight, cisgender don't get to speak at all. Talk about a classic oppress or paradigm. New boss, same as the old boss. You just have to understand though, if you actually study, you know, the neo Marxists, the postmodernists, they do that on purpose. They don't actually mean that stuff about inclusivity. Inclusivity means more people who believe what I believe.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's still a good point. And Scott from Pleasant Hill on the.
Speaker 2: Topic of space aliens, Oh jeez, let's see, and whether we should contact them, he says dark forest theorists, those are like Stephen Hawking, who believes why would we call out.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm a fat, slow beast here in the dark forest. Who else is out there? Perceptions will ooo?
Speaker 2: That would be a stupid thing to do. Anyway, Scott Wright's Dark Forest. Forest theorists would say that aliens monitoring millions of planets said yesterday, Wow, they're at war on the surface of their planet, and they continue to desperately get off the surface to inflict their war into the universe enough of this time to exterminate them.
Speaker 4: Let's hope that that's not true. Shall we more to come? An hour or two if you use it. The podcast Armstrong and Getty on de Men
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty