Speaker 1: This is serial killers.
Speaker 2: This is serial killers, and somebody's obviously missing.
Speaker 1: Yes, but he has a good excuse.
Speaker 2: No, no, he does what his electric car broke?
Speaker 1: I said, another reason not to get an electric ca Well, that's the thing, he said. It overheats or something.
Speaker 2: They're not supposed to overhel the battery.
Speaker 1: Maybe battery. I don't know, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what's easy gas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just saying trying to do the right thing.
Speaker 2: I'm always concerned about electric cars though, like on road trips, especially, like how do you do a big long road trip in an electric car?
Speaker 1: You have to find a place to recharge it. A lot of places are adding, like different stops along the way, Like I know the mole by Me now has a whole section for Tesla's.
Speaker 2: But you're yeah, but you really have to plan that out though. If you're taking like a twelve hundred mile road trip, you have to plan out. Okay, in four hundred miles, I'm gonna be here and then I can eat here while it's charging.
Speaker 1: There must be someplace you can look that shows you where you can recharge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I know on the Tesla you get look it up the super track.
Speaker 1: You know what scares me about the tesla. I don't know if you ever saw the shit the movie, I don't remember what it was. It was a movie or miniseriies and it was showing you what could happen, and all the teslas started to come at the same time, really, and they all crashed into each other, and I was like, oh my gosh, No, I don't think so. I mean, I don't think that would happen. It's a movie, but that was scary.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you were Andy, I would say save it for boll chat. So anyway, this is serial Killers. This is where we need to get to do bull chat. Well, you should do one with us and just talk about whatever. It's great. So here, we're gonna eat some cereal today and I'll let you know what we think of it and whether you should try it or not on your own.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping I won't put my pants because we don't have any of the milk I could use that's hot, which is the almond milk or lactose free. Yes, So instead we're just do a.
Speaker 2: Little a little bit, all right. So, since you are our guest today, Danielle, I'm gonna let usually I carefully curate the episodes, okay, just so they kind of flow smoothly. You know, since you're the guest, I'm gonna let you choose the new cereal today. There's a lot to choose from. So if you look down at the bottom of the cerea, sat there any one at the bottom there, those are all brand new cereals. So you're gonna take your pick from from those.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You got a cotton candy cereal, which I don't know if you want. There. There's that new ghost cereal that tastes like cinnamon toast crunch. It's a protein cereal.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, chocolate.
Speaker 2: I guess. So that's new from Crazy that one.
Speaker 1: Oh they got Nature Valley cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got everything. Yes, there's so much new cereals.
Speaker 1: Your Valley made cereal, the granola bars.
Speaker 2: It's funny. They used to back in the day, then it stopped and they have the boxes of cereal, and then they have the dipped granola also that just came out up top there. So there's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: So anyway, Yeah, and then can we do the honeymond.
Speaker 2: No, we can't because we only do one newbie. So you're gonna te yeah, you're gonna get to it to other ends, all right. So I actually found this on the end cap at Walmart a couple of days ago. We were just there, you know, browsing, Yes, and I'm like, wait a minute, I didn't even know this was a thing. So it's Craven and sugar Churo. Now in the cereal world, you know all the podcasters that there is a group, you know, a weird group of cereal people. Okay, Crave is like they all hate Crave. Everybody here, I don't know. I don't know everyone hates Crave. That's like, no, but this is a pillow cereal.
Speaker 1: I tend to eat Crave as a snack, like in a cup instead of a cereal like I like to snack on it.
Speaker 2: So your pillow cereal is basically your cereal pieces that look like pillows, yea, and they're stuffed with something.
Speaker 1: And so now this one's looking like a chiro, right, and then it's got chocolate inside.
Speaker 2: Crispy shell outside, smooth and chocolatey inside.
Speaker 1: So excited.
Speaker 2: I am kind of excited too, But again, I don't know how comfortable I would feel giving this to my children as breakfast.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, my kids tend to eat well. They don't even eat cereal anymore. Really, they've kind of moved on like peanut butter and you know, banana protein stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, it's weird. I find myself in the afternoons now, and I'm gonna be on a straight up. I really don't eat cereal at home. I don't. You don't know you have enough or right, so, but I find myself in the afternoon sometimes just having a bowl of cocoa pebbles just as an afternoon snack, and then drinking the milk.
Speaker 1: You know, I want to have one right now without the milk.
Speaker 2: You're not allowed, I know, all right, So I'm gonna go back to.
Speaker 1: Get the poop milk.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna see Andrew specifically requested two percent milk today. He's not here, so you have no choice. It's so I'm just gonna give you a.
Speaker 1: Little We need a new milk sponsor.
Speaker 2: We do need a new milk sponsor. Hello, what about silk. That's not milk.
Speaker 1: That's milk for me.
Speaker 2: Not milk for me. We need cat What are you doing if it doesn't go? If it doesn't go, move. I don't want it, okay, all right. So they're a little pillow pieces. You can see the chocolate sticking out the side. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: Oh, they get soft really quick and I like that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. That's really good.
Speaker 2: You get the cinnamon on the outside. I guess it's chocolate. I see. I thought it was gonna be hazel nutty in the middle, but it's as chocolate. It's really good.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's really good. And you're right. It gets soft quickly.
Speaker 2: And I like that, though it's weird some serious. I like when they get soft.
Speaker 1: And this is one. What are you giving it?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna teeter, but I'm gonna give it four bowls and a spoon.
Speaker 1: I think I am too.
Speaker 2: It is a good cereal. Yeah, I may actually eat the entire car. There's no way that this is good for you at all. I'm gonna I'm gonna let you guess. Like what ingredient on the ingredient list? Do you think sugar is?
Speaker 1: Oh? Number one, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna go with two, but let's see ingredients. Well, I don't know why it does that. It's weird. Chocolate flavored filling. It lists first and sugar is the first ingredient. Yeah, and then after that, sugar is the first ingredient. Again, there's a lot of sugar in here.
Speaker 1: That's why it's so good.
Speaker 2: Look at the Museum of Chocolate. On the back, they have the Easter bunny with the ear eating off. I want to go to that museum.
Speaker 1: Is that a real thing?
Speaker 2: No? No, I mean, I bet there is one somewhere. They have that ice ice cream museum here in the city. I bet there's a chocolate museum somewhere.
Speaker 1: That ice cream museum. Everybody says, it's really cool.
Speaker 2: You get to eat ice cream there, so you don't have to eat the whole thing. I don't want you to.
Speaker 1: I ate the whole thing. That was good, but I didn't need the milk. I was trying to avoid them.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be in your car on the.
Speaker 1: I have a lunch today.
Speaker 2: Do Oh great, let's see what I want to do next here? Hey, all right, I'll grab this. Do you like maple? I do?
Speaker 1: I swear you have soul. I cannot believe there's cereal. If people could see this everywhere, there's cereal everywhere.
Speaker 2: So this is a brand that I stumbled upon, probably a month or so ago. We did one of them, and then they sent us. They sent us a nice little car and a bunch of stuff. This is Uncle Crumbles.
Speaker 1: Oh that looks good. Let me ask a question. How often do you get cereals sent to you in the mail?
Speaker 2: Well, I tell you what. First of all, if you were Andrew, I would say, it's not the mail, it's just shipped, because you know mail, it has to be usps. Anyway, First of all, we have a great listener named Matt. Matt Nelson sends us boxes and boxes.
Speaker 1: Is he He's not your No, that's cereal.
Speaker 2: Squirrel, serious squirrel. Joel tells me about it, and I go pick it up. This guy, Matt, he sends us he scours all these stores in Pennsylvania and when he travels, and he sends me pictures of his shopping cart, and he sends cereal consoles. Yes, thank you, Thank you. Matt. And our good friends at General Mills sends up to us pretty frequently. At this point, we just can't get Kellogg's to bite, Like, they don't even know we exist.
Speaker 1: Kelloggs. What's going on?
Speaker 2: They don't know if they don't care.
Speaker 1: You guys are the best.
Speaker 2: They may not send packages out. I'm not really sure, but here but here, open.
Speaker 1: It up Uncle Crumbles grano. This looks delicious. This looks like I go put it in yogurt too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So look they sent us a note. Look at that.
Speaker 1: It says we heard you were looking for a granola with the crunch. Try our Cinna maple crunch from the Uncle Crumbles seam. Oh my gosh. And they made a little let me show this. They drew a little picture of Andrew and Scotty. Look how cute that is. And it says cinnamon roll, lots of white chips. I told my team to make it extra crunchy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's cut. This is actually from a company called Bakery on Main. We've done a bunch of granolas from them in years past. Yeah, and they have oatmeal as well. But this is their Uncle Crumbles brand, and I just think it's a cute name. Look at the big you can your dad have a mustache like he.
Speaker 1: Did one time he did. I love this little handlebar.
Speaker 2: Look that's so funny. All right, So yes, we also do granola in this podcast. We are people. People were saying you know, well, you're a cereal podcast. Granola's not really cereal, but yeah, I mean we count it. They're all it's in there.
Speaker 1: Big old there's lots of white chips in the note.
Speaker 2: There's big old clusters in here. So this basically just looks like a granola bar broken up.
Speaker 1: My inspiration for this tasting concoction is a cinnamon role. So the person that wrote this was very much involved in.
Speaker 2: Maybe the creation probably so it smells very mapley.
Speaker 1: Oh it sounds small, but yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 2: I'll just give you a little bit of milk here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of milk.
Speaker 2: I hear. Trade. Then I'll give you just a little here. You're welcome. They're they're big old clusters.
Speaker 1: I like, wow, these are this would really be good in vanilla yogurt.
Speaker 2: What are you thinking? I don't hear anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I think it's good. Taste wise, I think the clusters are too big.
Speaker 2: They're too big too putting it.
Speaker 1: In your mouth like that. I think a little small of the clusters.
Speaker 2: But see, here's the thing, and I like if you leave it in the milk for a little bit, it softens it up. A book and it's much easier to it has a really the cinnamon is really profound. I like it. See, I'm not a huge fan of maple. I'm not a huge fan of maple flavor. But it works in some things. And it says made with real maple syrup and coconut oil.
Speaker 1: Well it hasn't it. There's no additives, all natural ingredients. Who grain, oats, cane, sugar, brown rice, coconut oil. It's good if you're an oil a person, it's really good.
Speaker 2: This is pretty good.
Speaker 1: I'm going to really good.
Speaker 2: You give it four bowls.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do that too, four bowls. The only thing I would change is me make some of them a little.
Speaker 2: A little smaller, so next time we just bang them with a hammer a little bit. Idea. Yeah, just kind of break it up before you open the bag. Here's good, Right, we'll go. I love that, you hear, Danielle. Make sure really happy. Yeah, we're gonna take a quick break here.
Speaker 1: And do we have any sub sponsors?
Speaker 2: We have bills, so we don't really have bills.
Speaker 1: No, we'll make like we don't pay for our cereal.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's the thing I do, though I pay for most of the cereally Andrew pays to have us uh on on you know podcast whatever. He pays the bill for that.
Speaker 1: I buy the cereal b hell of the sponsors.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, so we'll you been doing this now? Oh god, it's been five years already.
Speaker 1: You need to pound the pavement.
Speaker 2: We really do, you know? Yeah, we do. Anyway, listen, uh, we'll take a break. We'll be back right after this. We're gonna make about seventeen cents here, so hang time.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm Wilford Brimley and I've had diabetes for about twenty years and we're back.
Speaker 1: Well because we don't even have a sponsor to play.
Speaker 2: I lost the little thing that goes dum dum dum dum duma because Andrew used to have it in the stupid man box that we use, and now it's too much trouble for him to have the stupid man.
Speaker 1: Box in near stupid man box because it's.
Speaker 2: A Superman box, but it's stupid. So I just called Yeah, that's back.
Speaker 1: In the day, Okay, I remember that little box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So this next cereal I found while Cooper and I were on our road trip to South Carolina, there's a little shopping center where there's a yogurt place that she likes, and the name escapes me. There's a frog logo, but I forget what it's called. So she makes me go to this frozen yogurt place every time. And in that shopping center there's a Harris Teeter. Harris Teeter is a supermarket that is in the South and in the Midwest somewhere some places and whatnot. So I bought their store brand of Graham Squares. Okay, so that's going to be closest to your Golden Grams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tastes the same.
Speaker 2: It probably tastes the same. Generally, a store brand is sometimes even fifty percent less than a name brand.
Speaker 1: So that's such a simple name. Graham Squares.
Speaker 2: It is, it is. And there's you know, they have little in the box. There's not much to it. There's your little bear high bear. But it's Oh, that's weird. Usually he'd be holding a jar of honey. His jar says cereal.
Speaker 1: Oh it's interesting.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that was an oversight.
Speaker 1: Oh and how many poor prints? Can you see?
Speaker 2: The bag is a bit can you see open? It smells like I guess Golden rams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it does. Yeah, thank you, I'll keep.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of broken pieces in here.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know whose fault as a store board. Then you know, I guess you pay for you know, you get what your babe is that is that what.
Speaker 2: Happens in the store brands. You get broken pieces. All right, So two percent milk on.
Speaker 1: This, Okay, let's see it's.
Speaker 2: I mean it smells. It smells like honey. Actually no, no, see, I feel like it has very very similar flavor. No, little burnt has a little burnt taste.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. No, No, it tastes like the other one.
Speaker 2: Tastes like exhaust from a car.
Speaker 1: I don't like that one.
Speaker 2: It's it's not it's definitely not Golden grams. It's close.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: You don't think it's closed.
Speaker 1: I think it's closed. It tastes it again.
Speaker 2: Let me see, there's a there's a hint of like honey sweetness on the outside, and it just kind of goes away.
Speaker 1: And then it's just just cardboard taste in this.
Speaker 2: Carbo see, I taste that kind of a burnt weird.
Speaker 1: It's something weird. I don't know, not even a bowl and a spoon. That's it.
Speaker 2: I will give it two balls. For a store brand, I guess it's okay.
Speaker 1: I mean, generally I wouldn't buy this.
Speaker 2: No, I probably wouldn't. But if you are looking for a Golden Gram cereal and there's a big difference in price, maybe your kids will know the Maybe they won't.
Speaker 1: No, they'll know you think, so they'll go this is not good.
Speaker 2: I think that the Golden Gram squares are just a little bit bigger than these, So you know, I'm gonna drop mine down. It's really weird. I'm gonna do I'm gonna do a bawl in a spoon because it's not It has a little bit of a burnt taste, which is strange. Is odd. And another thing that's interesting in this episode is we gave everything exactly the same rating, all three cereals.
Speaker 1: Oh did yeah?
Speaker 2: You were doing?
Speaker 1: Did You and I are on the taste.
Speaker 2: We're in the same way. Andrew and I very rarely agree on.
Speaker 1: Really see agreed he's a dope.
Speaker 2: He's not a dope that anyway.
Speaker 1: And he had car trouble today. I feel bad for him.
Speaker 2: I don't buy it. I just think that he was running late. He took a picture of his car in a garage with a flatbed next to it.
Speaker 1: Is that what you think happened?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: How did he get that flat bed to come over? Hey? Do you mind if I borrow your flatbread?
Speaker 2: I just think that he pulled. I think he pulled next to a flat bed in a parking garage because it was odd that he's like, Oh, I'm gonna say I'm having car trouble and just take a picture and send it.
Speaker 1: In so he didn't have to come in.
Speaker 2: That was his out. It's a nice day, he's probably it is.
Speaker 1: A beautiful day. It's very hot today, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I'd like to say he's out jogging or something, and I don't think he does that.
Speaker 1: He does he works out, doesn't he?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean he's very strong, poor Andrew. He's very strong, but he's stout. But he could definitely kick my ass, isn't it.
Speaker 1: He's been working out? I think, don't they have? Aren't they all in my a group where they all have that.
Speaker 2: Like I'll kick your ass club? Yeah they don't do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not what it is. It's like they have different each day they have to do a different workout or eat better or whatever.
Speaker 2: It is nice to have people like that that push you. Yeah, of course I want to go home right now, take a nap because I have nobody saying let's go, come on, let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take a I'm gonna take my walk, but I'm gonna take it later tonight because it's gonna be too hot this afternoon. It isna tonight, It'll be much nicer.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Daniel, thank you so much for.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having it. I feel like you know, you didn't insult me like you insult Andrew.
Speaker 2: I like you.
Speaker 1: It's different.
Speaker 2: I like you.
Speaker 1: I like you to scotty things.
Speaker 2: Well, please follow us on Instagram at Serial Killers PC. You can hit Danielle up at Radio Danielle Manero on Instagram. Very good, and I'm at z Scotty b if you want to check that out as well. And I guess Andrew, if you.
Speaker 1: Can sponsor us, that would be great.
Speaker 2: The thing is, though, and it's like I've said to Andrew in the past, we can't really have cereal companies sponsor us because then we can't say they suck because they want you to say that they're great, no matter what.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: So milk great, supermarket, yea great.
Speaker 1: What about like a spoon?
Speaker 2: Yes, we've met that hefty come on in cops, Dixie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and lots of yeah, bowl a bowl thing.
Speaker 2: I got a question about that. Yeah, like, you know, everything's politically correct now, blah blah blah. Confederate flag, the whole thing that Dixie chicks had a change to the chicks. How come Dixie plates can still be a thing?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. I didn't even realize Dixie chicks change because of that. Yeah, are you sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just the chicks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But is it because they grew up and evolved?
Speaker 2: No, I think that it was offensive to people. I think the whole Dixie thing in the down South and the you know it could Confederate flag and all that stuff. I think I think it was a whole kind of thing. But you know, Dixie cups still going strong.
Speaker 1: That's true. I never thought of that. I don't know. All right, who knows?
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening. Please follow us. I told you that do all those things. Check us out on YouTube. You can watch this video on YouTube. If I could figure out how toch aches, all right, we gotta go until we see you next Monday with an all News serial Killers. Maybe Andy'll be back, say Crunch, Danielle Crunch, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I really do have to go back.