Speaker 1: Hey, the folks, it is Tuesday, May fifth, Fellas, what do you do? Your woman has a big night red carpet, the biggest red carpet in the world. You want to go to a Knicks game, Fellas, what do you do? Or should I say ladies specifically Robock, what do you do? And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. Just in that scenario, what's a guy supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Go with his girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Period? Point blank? Yes, doesn't matter. We don't need any circumstance. I don't need no context. That's it.
Speaker 2: You support your lady, bam.
Speaker 1: All right, that was simple enough.
Speaker 2: All right, what do you think.
Speaker 1: I think there's some context. I think we need to talk some context. But at this point people might know who we're talking about. One of the most famous or photographed couples in the world at this point didn't show up on one of the most famous red carpets last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is a couple that has actually planned their matching outfit together on red carpets before. So we were excited to see them make a met Gala debut. I think a lot of watchers were looking it. We weren't holding our breaths you and me specifically. But I do think a lot of folks were hoping to see Kylie Jenner and Timothy Shallomey walk the red carpet at the met gala last night. But look a lot of famous female celebrities were missing their other half at the met galap Interesting.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's stick with the one very high profile. Is there another high profile absence? I guess the Ryan Reynolds one.
Speaker 2: Ryan Reynolds not being there with Blake Lively was a big deal, almost understandable, almost understandable giving the News their lawsuit. I'm trying to think who else? Obviously we're talking about Timothy Schalamey.
Speaker 1: No, Ben Stiller went with his woman. He's a big Knicks fan. I can't remember his wife's say. I'm so sorry, ma'm I can't remember her name. But he went with her to the thing, and he wanted to be at the Knicks game, and we chose. He even spoke about it.
Speaker 2: He made the right call.
Speaker 1: Okay, but yes, Timothy Shallow may which Kylie, Kylie Jenner? Okay, met ball big deal. The most photographed red carpet in the world with that zephyr to say, I.
Speaker 2: Think that's fair to say. Maybe can would that one compare me can and maybe.
Speaker 1: The Awesome Maybe? Okay, but I think this is fashion's big night, and this is what the Kardashian Klan, this is what they're known for. Now. Kylie is in town with her bow of how many years?
Speaker 2: Three years?
Speaker 1: So this is a real relationship.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, this is a real relationship.
Speaker 1: I think Robes is the issue, not that he didn't go with her, but he preferred to be somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he was spotted at the New York Knicks playoff game against the Philadelphia seventy six ers. He's like on the big mega screen, like it was obvious. He made a decision, by the way, for the second year in a row, to go to the k next game versus the Met Gala.
Speaker 1: So this isn't a big deal. This is what he does.
Speaker 2: Some folks are saying he.
Speaker 1: Snubbed her, snubbed They talked about this. They were together last year. Didn't she go?
Speaker 2: They have not made a Met Gala red carpet appearance together.
Speaker 1: Okay, so but she went last year. I assume she did.
Speaker 2: But it's a big deal that he didn't show up on this particular red carpet. It's so obvious where he was. It wasn't that he was working, had a project out of town, had to be somewhere else. He chose to be somewhere else. And I think that's the difference.
Speaker 1: Where's the met the met gala is the at the seventy Oh, I thought there's it.
Speaker 2: Up there, the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I'm tough. It's the Upper West Side.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I can't give you the exact well I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think he's literally forty fifty blocks south.
Speaker 2: Agreed, because I think it's I thought it was in the eighties, like eighty one or something around there.
Speaker 1: In Madison Square is at thirty fourth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, he is fifty blocks away.
Speaker 1: Literally fifty blocks away, and chose to watch a basketball game then go be by her side at this thing. Now, Robes, we can't take him to task or anything else because we don't know what's happening in that relationship. And she might have been this might have been a very easy conversation for them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she might have been like, babe, do your thing. I don't want to make you be somewhere you don't want to be I'm with my sisters. She had Kendall there with her, she had Kim. I saw Kendall and Kim for sure. So she had a Kardashian klan alongside. Yeah, we saw Kim aka Jane Judson. Is that what you called her? And then obviously Kylie had her own names that people were calling. The dress she chose like basically a version of Missus doubtfire with a padded nude bodice with nipples exposed, hard to miss her. And then there was Kendall. Kendall had something on that was not controversial at all, but not surprising, all right.
Speaker 1: But to this point, you we both would assume that she was She gave the okay for this. He did not defy her or anything. Right, we don't know. We don't know, we don't know. I'm saying as we sit here, we would just we should give them the benefit of a doubt that as a couple they made this decision and they're just fine with the decision they made.
Speaker 2: I think I think that you can assume that that's possible, but also the other could be true as well. In fact, l magazine has a whole article about the boyfriends who skipped the met gala, and so I think that's kind of funny because I think, you know, if you choose not to show up alongside your gal, you're going to be called out by magazines and certainly publications that are covering the red carp.
Speaker 1: Right then, the next thing is should you be I know it, should any guy be criticized for not going alongside his woman when we don't know what that relationship, what that dynamic is. Quite frankly, Kylie might not have wanted to see his ass on the red carpet anyway, wearing some rat boy outfit not being offensive. I'm saying he's known as that thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but he's got his own style and obviously she likes it.
Speaker 1: He's got great style, He's got perfect style given all the stylis he has available to him. So I don't know, maybe she didn't want I'm saying, why do any of these guys get criticized immediately Ooh, something's up he's not there.
Speaker 2: Because when you're not by your woman's side on a very big night where there are a lot of cameras and a lot of focus, it does raise eyebrows. I know a couple of the other big name celebrities who were without their dates. We had Hayley Bieber. Justin Bieber didn't show up, but he doesn't show up to a lot of these things.
Speaker 1: That reads is what I was doing.
Speaker 2: Zoe Kravitz, Harry Styles. But they got a lot of questions swirling around there. Don't want to do engagement or non engagement, So I can understand maybe why they wouldn't want to be there. And let's see who else wasn't there. Oh well, Laurence Sanchez didn't walk the red carpet with Jeff Bezos. He slipped in the side, but he was theirs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was it was his party.
Speaker 2: He paid for it, so he can walk in any door he wants. But yeah, those the Ryan Reynolds, Justin Bieber, Harry Styles, and Timothy Schallamey. We don't know where the others were, but we know where Timothy Chalomey was. And I think that's why maybe he's drawing the most heat or the most criticizing.
Speaker 1: This is where I would say he had a very good excuse and a very terrible one. As much as I was playing Devil's advocate earlier, guys, you have to go you just do. I know they're dealing with some different level stuff when it comes to celebrity and pr and all. They got all these machines around them. But just as the gesture goes, and just on a relationship level, an evening this important, this big two folks in the celebrity world, fashion world, you're not going to get photographed or talked about anymore than all this night, and on this night that people know you're in a relationship, a night that is this important to you. It's impossible that you don't want the man you love next to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's impossible, even if we say, oh no, it's okay, it's okay, if you go to the game. Deep down, I would think, at least I can only speak from a girl's perspective, you would want him beside you at least. And I don't. I just think that they may have come to whatever agreement that they wanted to do. They're fine. Yeah, yeah, but you know, you're opening yourself up for people to ask questions. And maybe that's a good thing. Maybe they want people talking about them and maybe not showing up on the red carpet together. I had more people talking about them than if.
Speaker 1: They had, because we wouldn't have been today.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, and lord knows, the Kardashians know how to get people talking about that.
Speaker 1: But no, I have no issue with this. I have no issue with what they have decided to do. I would take issue in a regular relationship where you're your woman has a whatever. Maybe it's just a special luncheon at work that she's getting honored for. Maybe there's just a big group night out that's very important to her, and she doesn't want to show up alone. No matter how important of a game, no matter how good of a seat you have is. No, you cannot put her in a position to ask you to come. You have to know automatically this is a big deal for her, and unless she tells me otherwise, we're going yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't even have to ask you. I know that even if you had court side seats to a Knixt game during the playoffs, you would still show up at an event with me. I'm not even talking if it rose to the level of the met Gala. I actually think if it was even anything else, you would still say, Babe, this is what this is what you do in a relationship. I will sacrifice, and I will be there with you.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't even say it like that. We're doing our thing tonight and we're skipping the game. I'm trying a bet. Example. I'm trying to think would be something the Razorbacks are doing, and I'm trying to think, Okay, Final four, Orange Bowl, These would be different conversation. And I'm telling you, if the Razorbacks were playing for the national championship of college football, you would skip the met Gala.
Speaker 2: I absolutely agree, And I do think that there are ways in which, when you really do love someone, you see where that person's passion lies and you know that that's that's something that actually rises above whatever your needs or your wants might be, and that's what Maybe maybe they're all showing us how really in love they truly are.
Speaker 1: Maybe Kylie Jenner is showing us all how it's done. Maybe that, yes, even at that big of a yeah, it's there's nothing romees think about this. There's nothing more high profile or important on the calendar in Manhattan than the Met Gala and the Nicks and the damn Playoffs, and that couple decided to split responsibilities and grace both of those events with their presence.
Speaker 2: Yes, there you go the other party. Now, now there are other people online. When we come back, we're going to talk about this. There are plenty of folks who believe that Timothy Shallomey and Kylie Jenner deliberately chose not to walk the red carpet together. Not because the Knicks were in a playoff game, not because they're good for each other and their relationship supporting each other's needs. No, because they were trying to avoid what some have called the Met Gala curse. And welcome back everyone to this edition of Amy and TJ. I'm sure everyone noticed a lot of folks pointing out that some women were solo on the red carpet at the Met Gala last night, New York's biggest night for fashion and certainly celebrities. All eyes around the world are on that red carpet leading up to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and notably, one of the biggest couples I guess period around the world, Kylie Jenner and Timothy Shallomey. Timothy shows up at the NIXT game while Kylie is walking the red carpet, and they have never made a Met carpet. A Met Gala carpet debut they haven't made it together. They haven't been on that red carpet together. They've been on other carpets, just not that one. And apparently there is plenty of chatter online that if you show up and you're kind of a newer couple, if you show up on the red carpet together, you got about a year and then you're over. And there have been articles written about the couples who have walked the red carpet and months later they're over. Do you believe in the met Gala curse?
Speaker 1: No? No, And I believe some of these folks were dating for five minutes before they went to the met Gala, and so shocking they broke up five minutes later. What you're saying, the list.
Speaker 2: Is hilarious, It's very funny. I play, yes, it does. Oh, by the way, on this list, Yahoo actually has a list of They go through the pictures of all the celebrity couples that have broken up over the years after attending the met Gala. And I was laughing because there are some repeat offenders on the male side. The Weekend had a couple of them. Who else was I laughing at the Weekend was with Bella Hadid one year and then with Selena Gomez another year. That neither one of those lasted long. Shawn Mendes has made a couple appearances here on this list, So that was funny. And I just got a kick out of seeing some of these couples that I forgot were even together. Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth though that was actually a married couple.
Speaker 1: They went back and forth for years, didn't they? Ye? They where are they now? They're not together?
Speaker 2: They're not together. No, Miley is engaged to another and I Liam, I you know what. I can't keep the Hemsworth brothers straight. We've discussed this on another podcast. I can't remember who's with Chris is with the Schwarzenegger right what? I thought he was with Schwarzenegger's daughter, Catherine Schwarzenegger. May am I getting those messed up?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's what one of the prats. That's hilarious. That's the other the other boys?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: See I can't even get the Chris is separated.
Speaker 1: How many scarsguard are they?
Speaker 2: Please? Can we stop?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: So listen to Miley Cyrus and Liam Hamsworth, who were married. They were off again on again a lot. They attended in May of twenty nineteen. They broke up in August of twenty nineteen. I mentioned mentioned Shawn Mendes. He showed up with Camilla Cobeyoh, they were a hot couple. They showed up in May of twenty twenty one and broke up in November of twenty twenty one. And then who's he with now, Shawn Mendes, I don't know, but he showed up with Haley Bieber one year. That was in twenty eighteen. What Yes, Shawn Mendes and Hailey Bieber were together in May of twenty eighteen. Broke up in June of twenty eight.
Speaker 1: That's probably why some of the guys don't attend. They don't want to see all these other guys. A woman's dated.
Speaker 2: I mean, you do start to see people's pictures popping up and again, which is fun. Kim Kardashian brought Pete Davidson one year. They May of twenty twenty two, broke up in August. A lot of these are like a contreme to the end of summer. You weren't shocked by these breakups?
Speaker 1: Play these breakups? He said, Wow, I really thought they were going to make it.
Speaker 2: This is very funny. I'm trying to see some other fun ones. Jamie Fox and Katie Holmes showed up in May of twenty nineteen, and they broke up in May of twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Love. I'll leave that one.
Speaker 2: They broke up weeks later. That's probably the most egregious one. I still don't remember Selena Gomez in the Weekend being together. Obviously she's married now, but I don't remember that they went from They made it from May to October of twenty seventeen, and then they were gone. So that was I am laughing at some of these couples that I forgot existed completely. Amanda Seifried and Justin Long. We love both of them.
Speaker 1: I think that's an AI picture. I know those two together.
Speaker 2: They were together, they attended This Is a while ago May of twenty fifteen. They broke up in September of twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Those are two of my favorite actors on Earth.
Speaker 2: We love that.
Speaker 1: I love those.
Speaker 2: They actually show up in quite a few of our favorite horror movies too, which is yeah, it goes without saying ASoP Rocky showed up with Chanelle Imom obviously, now he continues to show up with Rihanna and they're doing just fine.
Speaker 1: We should yeah, we should mention that.
Speaker 2: Again, that feels sacrilegious after how much we have said we love that couple together. So anyway, look, the idea is I'm laughing ause Alex Rodriguez is on this list too. That's not shocking. So yes, maybe it's the people, not the events that might actually be a better bellwether as to whether or not your relationship may last.
Speaker 1: It is fun, but your advice to women in that situation would be what.
Speaker 2: You don't want somebody by your side who doesn't want to be there. So I wouldn't put the pressure on. But I do think it's okay to say it would be really important and it would mean a lot to me if you could do it. If you can't, I'm cool with that because I support you and I love you. I think that's the best way to handle let as a girlfriend. And if you say it, you have to mean it. Yeah, I can't say it and then have an expectation that he's actually going to do what you told him he didn't have to do.
Speaker 1: That's exactly why you would say it, because you're hoping he's going to say the right thing.
Speaker 2: You probably are hoping, but then you also have to accept if they don't because you gave the offer, and I think that is the right thing to do. I don't think I think you can tell them. I would like for you too. I would hope that you would, but I assure you I will not hold it against you. That is love, what true love would I think that would dictate that method, And then you have to stick to it. You can't say one thing and then hold it against him for not doing what you told him he could get.
Speaker 1: And my advice to the Fellows is don't let your woman get even close to asking that question. You have to stop it before she even has to say will you go with me? You all shouldn't have to go through that conflict at all. The thing we have to do you have to recognize and understand that she wants you to be there. Now, some relationships are different, and maybe she doesn't want you to be there, but rowe short of your alma mater being in the national championship at the final four and you getting a chance to be assistant coach that night, it has to rise to such a high level before you would even say Hey, babe, do you think I could it? Just and most of the times it doesn't rise to that level. So not criticizing Timothy Schalamey and their relationship. They have their understanding so never, but it was just such an interesting question. As soon as I saw this one, I said, hey, babe, what would you do?
Speaker 2: And I think we both said the right thing. And look, it is individual, but it was still interesting and I had a lot of fun looking at all the couples who didn't make it past the met Gala red carpet. And with that everyone, we always appreciate you listening to us. I'm Amy Roebuck alongside T. J. Holmes. We'll talk to you soon.