Speaker 1: Hello, welcome back to Jam football, and welcome back to Mobile, Alabama, our favorite place on Earth. Left to your right on your screen, it is the Football Grump. It is Bobby Skinner in the middle, and it is me Justin Pennick. And this is the Day one Senior Bowl recap brought to you by Corona for the fans that never lose. We're not losing here in Mobile, Alabama, fellas. We're going to recap day one the American team national team. Lot of O line, D line, That's where our attension mainly lied the first day. Seems like, hopefully the practices are going to be getting up to speed a little bit of a slower pace today. Our producer Jeff did here during the second practice that some of the coaches wanted the guys to kind of pick up the intensity, but the intensity was there with the O line and D line, and we kind of knew that coming in with the talent that was coming in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the D line on the American team is what I'm here to look at, right. Yeah, you know, there's obviously guys at other spots, but when I when I come away from the Senior Bowl, I want to have some more thoughts on the d line American team, and I came away with that right. We'll talk about from Mars Stewart Dean Walker at think we should have a conversation about because there's gonna be guys that are really high on him and maybe some that are lower. Biggest stockup is Robert Smith though, because I miss Robert Smith being crammed in here with us. But hope he's doing well. But we will start with the national team as we usually do. Justin and you recorded all the one on one so we you know, watched them live, then go back and watch them and you'll always look at the small school offensive lineman just to see how they handle being here. And I didn't think he was the best offensive lineman. I think Josh Connolly at Oregon was the best offensive lineman for the national team. Greg's Abel out of North Dakota State, Sorry, excuse me, Gray's Able out of North Dakota State. You know he's an offensive tackle. He worked at only guard and center. Here at center, you could tell he wasn't used to snapping the ball and getting his hands up, but he still didn't do terrible job. You know, he's lost at guard. I thought he had the best reps of the day on the interior on a you know, an interior group down here that's maybe doesn't have the names that it has had in past years.
Speaker 1: There's a line that you say in some of your in some of your film breakdowns, Bobby kill the will, right, I mean, and I think that's exactly what Zabel did today, is he would start reps and you know, hey, I feel like these on line D line one v ones that are inevitably designed for the defensive lineman to win, right, So it's not always being driven back five yards, but what he's able to do is he's able to cover really well for his hand placement.
Speaker 3: You saw the strength being able to hold up.
Speaker 1: But I mean he would eventually just get in a spot where it's like, if you take a screenshot of it, it's like, that's what good offensive line play is. It's like, did you kill the will for the defensive lineman to do anything and operate anything? In Zabel I thought out of out of at least the guys that maybe you weren't expecting, which I guess some people were really high on Gray coming in here, that out of some of the guys that maybe you weren't expecting he is skyrocketing after day one.
Speaker 2: And listen for a lot of these SEC guys that were going to talk about their film, is what's going to really matter to us?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: The Senior Bowl may not move us a ton, right, Like, I think I got exactly what I expected out of some of these guys, but it was good to see some confirmation on SEC small school guys, This here moves it for you, right, It moves the needle on what you think about him in Gray's abel, like you mentioned one on one for offensive, especially in tier office alignment will never look like great game film, But it's just can you stay in front of him with that full man the man relationship and can you get to a point where you're straining and stopping him from pushing you at around four yards at depth? AND's able did that every single time from the guard spot, and it was really nice to see Grum.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's about recoverability. I think it's one of the things that's the most lacking in college students coming up to the NFL level, and it's certainly something that smaller school guys you don't expect to see that kind of stuff already developed, but the recoverability is there. He understands how to reset his hands and get his weight underneath him and you know, end the rep essentially even if he is getting pushed back. So I thought grays Abel had a great day. And I think if you look back at the NDSU film, which I had watched the Colorado game yesterday before we had came here, and I was impressed with him already coming into this, so I wasn't shocked to see him have a good day, but it was good to see that he had a good day here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's only working on the interior as well, where a lot of guys like you know, worked at tackle and he's there's a very clear you're gonna play interior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder if he's gonna exclusively go to guard or maybe a little bit less center stamps because there were some centers, but it's still impressive where I don't think he lost a single play, but we're nitpicking him a little bit at center. He just looked way more comfortable at guard. So if I if I were to guess a trajection for him, I would say it be at guard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, And again I think the best if watching the national team, the best player from the offensive and defensive line and edge group, I still walk away. Josh Connolly, I probably went in thinking that as well. But you see, you know, the quick feet, a strong punch, doesn't have the strongest anchor in the world. You'd like to see him hold up a little bit better against that sometimes where guys tried to work inside. But I thought he did a good job in the run game, especially versus Mike Green. Out of Marshall who will talk about so I thought he was the best player, and I mean that was the first player you recommended me to Walks before he came down here, Grom.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The footwork jumps right off the tape. I mean he he He mirrors extremely well. He's got the quick feet to get out of his stance and get to his spot in pass protection. I thought he looked rock solid all day. I don't there might be like a rep here there where he looked less so, but I think he locked it down the entire day.
Speaker 2: There's two guys on the offensive line, one from the American team and one from the national team. Where they are my When I leave here, I want to go see your film, right guys, I had no preconceived you know, notion or film on and mine is Anthony Belton from NC State offensive tack well. He even got a couple of guard snaps. Six foot five, three hundred and forty five pounds. I wan't e guess he was three forty five by the way he looked. He looked a little slimmer than that. He moved better than that. He's a bit like again, obviously a big guy. He destroyed Mike Green right, who was the guy on the defensive line from the national team and projected to go a first rounder. He destroyed him. I had a lot of other good snaps where he just he just ended you know it quickly out there on the tackle spot.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: So I guess know one is a little bit of them all or he is on the national side. My like, all right, let's let's go back and see what see what your film looks like, because you've intrigued me here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's nasty, he's we were talking to some other people here. You know, it's not always gonna look super pretty with Anthony Belton because he is a little bit on the clunkier side. He doesn't have the uh, the same kind of footwork that you can see from Josh Connorley, although it's not bad, just like you were saying, but he always gets the job done. So definitely somebody that I had had some conversations about Anthony Belton before coming down here, and I thought he had a pretty good morning as well.
Speaker 2: Justin, who did you think was the winner out of the quarterback group, maybe even for the day, But I think your answer is probably from the national team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we have I mean you're gonna have to help me out with the pronunciation of these, especially the two quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: So we have Tyler Show from Louisville. Yeah, there are our.
Speaker 1: Guy from Canada, Taylor Algrisma, and then you have Dylan Gabriel. So that's the national team. So the quarterbacks on the American side in the afternooner Jackson Dark, Jalen Miller, Rodley Leonard, and then Seth Hennigan from Memphis. So clearly in the in the afternoon session the American session, the quarterbacks are a little bit more talented there, but Dylan Gabriel did have the best day. Now, I don't want to say like, oh, this is a referendum that I think Dylan Gabris is like QB three in the sclash or even you know, the best quarterback here necessarily, But Dylan Gabriel got the most opportunities to showcase today that he was the best quarterback here, and he took advantage of those opportunities.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: There was a couple of receivers that dropped the ball down the field. He had a tight end that dropped the ball down the field. He had Xavier Verstrepo dropped the ball on the on the sideline for him. So even though if you're charting Dylan Gabriel's attempts and completions, the completion percentage may not be that great, the arts per tent may not be that great, but he had two big drops down the field. Dylan Gabriel really did look decent today and really took advantage of the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought he was the only QB that was really testing things out and trying to push the ball down the field and not just trying, like you mentioned, just get the ball out. Get like felt confident and what he's doing, and he you know, he should with the experience that he's had, and you know, being a Heitspan finalist, you know obviously performed the best, the best in college. Out of these guys, I thought he looked the best. I know, I do want to get back to some national team. But since we're on quarterback, and the Canadian quarterback Taylor Elgersman six four and one on ones, he looks the best. Right his first just on one on ones, he throws the ball really well. He's big, he's strong, and the first one just a thirty yard ball back shoulder on a rope. Right when it first comes out of his arm, you're thinking like, oh, is this like an underthrown deep ball. No, this is a beautiful back shoulder. You saw that when it got into eleven on eleven, it looked like a quarterback who played twelve on twelve in Canada and where his had three receivers having a running start. He didn't understand it. So I kind of got a little over maybe a little over excited just with like seeing some of his highlights and the talent that he has. And it was kind of like a comeback down the earth. But again, I still want you do see the talent where and this is his first time really playing eleven or eleven since last week. Gets some other you know, smaller bowl game and in Florida that listen. I just I want to see the talent. I want to see him day three, run a you know, a regular basic concept thing and get the ball out on time and see confidence wise. But since we're on the quarterbacks justin, we can talk about the American team. But before we talk about then, why don't we talk about something?
Speaker 3: I will talk to you about something.
Speaker 1: And Corona they're sending us here to Mobile, Alabama first year where our Senior Bowl trip is sponsored, which is kind of awesome. So thank you to Corona. And today's Senior Ball recap is brought to you by Corona. And you know what, I always try to be a fan that never loses. Here's what I mean. We all know my football team doesn't win every single week, but even when they lose, I'm still loving the game. And I'm winning here a Mobile because there's always something to cheer for and the best beer to pair with awesome moments.
Speaker 3: How about Corona. We have it back of the Airbnb. Corona is all about.
Speaker 1: Finding the maximum amount of joy within every moment of the game, win or lose, at home or on the road. So cheers everyone, who loves the game. Beyond the scoreboard, Corona for the fans, you never lose. Get yours at order Corona dot com. You will be glad you did. Thank you to once again for Corona for sending us down here.
Speaker 2: I'll show you to You'll be glad you did.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: On the American side with the quarterbacks, with Jalon Milroe and Jackson Dart being the ones to highlight that, I just wanted to see a little bit of wow, and we didn't see any of it.
Speaker 3: I think that was more of coaching, right, sure.
Speaker 2: But at least test something out right, hold onto the ball and try and get the ball down the field.
Speaker 3: They round the ball locked in that second practice, sure.
Speaker 2: But when they did throw it was just the ball was either a checkdown and not like a you know, great job going through your progressions, just out there check down, just like quick, let me get the ball out. Jalen Milroe I took you know what you know would be sacks. Obviously he's not being tackled here, you know, miss some throws like he just didn't try and push the ball down the field as well at all. And the same with Jackson Dart. Right there was Jackson Dart I felt looked better. He had some better clean reads on some of his shorter throws, but he missed you know, a guy in the flat on a bootleg. Just no willingness to push the ball down the field even I just I just wanted to see quarterbacks who came here looking to push the ball. Now again, that could obviously be play calling down here. Sometimes I get very frustrated with the way some of these are coached, like they're not being coached like a showcase, and you know, like this shouldn't be day one of install this should this should be coached as a way to be a showcase. So there is some of that, But we've also been here on day one for five years in a row, and I've seen quarterbacks sometimes I don't even like make big boy throws. Right Kenny Pickett, who I thought had a horrible senior ball, I saw him make bigger, you know, big boy throws in the rain.
Speaker 3: They weren't even called.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like we normally there's a lot of oohs and oz going on in practice, and everyone's looking at different directions. You kind of have to like find where the ooh and a's coming from. There was not a lot of that at all today morning or afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely like I going into tomorrow as I want to see more out of what Jalen Milroe and Jackson dark Art absolutely going to clean up the national team if anything else. Elijah Arroyo, you know, we spent a little more time in the trenches today. But Elijah Arroyo, the tight end in Miami. You mentioned that deep drop he had from Dylan Gabriel. He looked really good though. Outside of that, you mentioned a stick and nod where he leaned up.
Speaker 3: One stick and nod.
Speaker 1: He I mean, and again, like especially if you're a tight end versus a linebacker, like these tight ends are gonna win nine times out of ten, especially when they don't really know what's coming. But this stick and nod that Arroyo ran just left him in the dust. I mean you were talking ten to fifteen yards of separation, kind of just broke his ankles. So he did look really good today. He moves really well. This is a big like all these tight ends, I would say, maybe besides the one from Bowling Green and I don't even know if he's even here, Yeah, he's here here.
Speaker 4: He's a smaller side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so fan and junior. So he's with the national team.
Speaker 1: He's on the smaller side, but he's not necessarily small. This is a very big tight end class here, Dan and mobile and a lot of them can move in.
Speaker 3: Arroyo is definitely one of them.
Speaker 2: Speaking, the guy that I thought looked the best on the wide receiver side for the national team was Tauz Johnson and Orgon which he should he five 't seven, one hundred and fifty six pounds, he should look better in these situations. But like there was some clean, just destroyed guys, even against like azaria A Thomas. I believe he's like viewed as like a late first round type corner out of Florida State. I don't know the exactly like, but smoked him pretty good on a couple of plays. And we've seen short gut you know, you know the usually there's a short king that comes out of here.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And Tank Dell was that a couple of years ago. Calvin Austin, who you know not doesn't have the best career going on in the NFL, but he's a starting he's a starting wide receiver in the NFL. So that and then the other slot guy who's not gonna be this guy who burns you. I want to see Xavier Rostreppo clean guys up in one on ones and we talk about how this isn't the most realistic option for him. I thought Xavier Rostreppo looked fine today, but I just left wanting more because I thought he was gonna be the guy who you know, cleaned up in the one on one drills.
Speaker 4: I want to piggyback off of that feeling, right of what didn't have a bad day but didn't Wow, I'm gonna We mentioned Edge from Marshall Mike Green the other day that a little while ago, I was happy that he didn't just come out here and try and just run speed the entire time and just bend the edge the whole time. He did try to throw some power in there. It didn't really work, but that's what I want to see. I want to see him can like get coached up on how to use the two hundred and fifty pounds that he has to his advantage, work speed to power maybe a little bit better, and just kind of do that. So like, yeah, for a guy who had seventeen and a half sacks or whatever he had at Marshall this year, you'd think that he'd be dominating down here, but there's a real he's It looked to me that he was working on things.
Speaker 3: They're so go ahead.
Speaker 1: No, it's the same talking point with Green about some of these smaller schools. It's like, well, they're coming here now to play bigger competition, you know, physically and metaphorically.
Speaker 3: You want to see what he's got.
Speaker 1: But even back to Rostrepo kind of thinking, the expectation would be he would come in here and have like a Lad McConkey type of week, right, the slock guy. You know, he broke records at Miami too, having cam Ward throwing him the ball.
Speaker 3: Good quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: So I think the expectation is maybe this year, you know, Verstreppo can be this year's Laden mccaukey. I'm still I still think that can happen for him. Through the final two days, did drop a ball on the side, a nice little hole shot by Dylan Gabriel. But yeah, so definitely looking for him for more out of him. Is there anybody else I would love to move to the defensive side of the ball for the national team. Is there anybody else offensively that anybody wants to touch on or bring up.
Speaker 2: Now, just let's let's what he got left on the national team.
Speaker 1: National team. Ali Gordon, the running back out of Oklahoma State. He was a fun interview this morning. He had a nice run. Donovan Edwards, the running back out of Michigan, also had a nice run.
Speaker 3: I think he was catching some passes too.
Speaker 1: Jalen Rivers out of Miami was playing center, guard and tackle. Much more comfortable on the interior at center and tackle a center and guard. So keep an eye out for Jalen Rivers. And that is it on the offensive side for me.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the national team and the defense, the group that we're looking to talk about, and that's the front four there. And I think there's two guys I want to focus on in this one, and that's Dion Walker out of Kentucky and then Omar Norman lot out of Tennessee. Two very different players. Dion Walker being six foot seven, three hundred and forty pounds, very athletic uh and then Omar Norman Lott six one, two ninety five obviously very athletic, plays with a lot of strength. I think it was the tail of two days.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Deon Walker and I want to have like a real deal conversation about him because he's probably the player we talked about more the most in the stands today about this is the American team, by the way, yes, the American side of the SEC side. Basically, he has highlights that are going to be shared around social media, including one where he knocks over an old man who's you know, holding a back a coach, not just a random old guy. You know, there's a snap where we were actually saying in the in the up in the stands, we were, you know, saying, like he doesn't use the power the way he needs to. And then on that play he takes the center, he drives his ass back on that play, right, you see what he is capable of. You see he'll run into a pass rush move with his hands, like that's really nice. I want to see so much more and more consistency out of him because he should be dominant, and especially against some of the guys that were playing like they finished the day with these compete period where you get one on ones from every position group. You know, he's going up against Jacksonville State center Clay Webb and he loses. Yeah, you know when this is like everyone's looking at you, what are you gonna do? He tries to work some type of finesse passwords. Move you're six seven, three forty. Drive his ass back, take advantage of that. Drive his ass back, and if you see he's holding up against that strength, that's when you use your hand moves. There's way too often where he stands up straight off the snap and throws a hand move right, throws a hand move without that forward lean when they were running half line run drills right, which again are made for the defensive lineman. The working combos just way too often the double teams controlled him where they were able to turn him the way they want. Dion Walker can be amazing. He can be a stud. He can be an all pro level player. You see the flashes. He needs to play with more fire in his ass to play stronger on a consistent base. Know what the deal is with coaching and whatever, but if you know one of these coaches getting like you are six foot seven, three hundred and forty, you are athletic, you are strong as shit. Power start every single thing you do firing off the ball low with power, and I just see way too much inconsistency. For a guy that I think should be who I think is good, but should be way better than what he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I unfortunately think that that consistency issue is something that goes through his film as well. I've only watched one game, so I don't want to make that. You know, Declaraty.
Speaker 2: We even talked about him in the way and when on our somewher of our summer draft stuff last year, and it was very similar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you would hope that like a whole year, you know, that kind of thing would be cleaned up, But it is something that's of concern, And like I get it right, Like six foot seven three forty three fifty whatever he is. You look at him and it's like the first thing anyone says, we're sitting by people in the sands, So.
Speaker 3: Like that's a very large human being.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, he's huge among huge people. But if you wanted to see consistency and and you know that size being to use, you only have to go one and shorter to look at Florida defensive lineman Cameron Jackson at sixty six three point fifty. You're getting pretty much the same package. But this is a guy who knows how to use his hands, knows how to use that power and that strength to his advantage.
Speaker 3: Trumpy kicked ass. Yeah, he kicked as he was a monster today. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: The other guy who I thought had the best day from the d line Omar and Norman Lott out of Tennessee. He was the winner of the day for me in a group that we came down here to see. We talked about him a little bit on our Talking Giants preview. He was a rotational player Tennessee. He had the seventh most snaps on that front floor, yet he was their second most pastor of productive past rus.
Speaker 3: He brought it.
Speaker 2: He lived in the back then rot eleven or eleven a little bit of good job timing up the snap. But we talked about it too. Guys, guys make plays timing up the snap and one on ones. She's like, oh, he's he's six foot one, two ninety five. He's winning with some all the nesse right, there's some of that. No, he's using his leverage. He probably has a natural leverage to him. He fires off the ball, he gets in guy's chess and he drives their ass back like he plays away. Fucking Dion Walker should Obviously he's not Dean Walker's not gonna have the natural leverage that he has. Didn't play as a full time we're in college, so it's like, what was going on there at Tennessee? Why did they not blame a little more? You know, we weren't focusing on him a ton in the run game, and Tennessee took him out a lot in the run game, right, And that's probably the reason why. But I thought he had a lot of juice as a pass rusher and was kind of like my under the radar guy coming in here, and I thought he I think his name was learned by more people today than anybody else, and I hope.
Speaker 4: That we get to see more of him this week. We did see him walk into the tunnel a little bit early earlier week. Not done, but uh yeah, he was really impressive. Was somebody that was not at all on my radar. I did no pre work on him, and I come away, I want to watch a whole bunch of Tennessee film.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you guys think of Schama Shamar Stewart, who maybe like one of the highest rated guys down here.
Speaker 4: I didn't think that a lot of the expected guys looked very good.
Speaker 2: I thought we had the Chamar the exact Shamar Stewart experience that you see on film where you see the strength, you see pop, you don't see finish, and you see way too many times where you're like, you should have won that match.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh here's I'll tell you. It's frustrating. But Shamar Stewart, yeah, you know, save that thought. It's the you know, hey, it's the end of practice, like we talked about, and the end of practice is this is an opportunity for like maybe like a viral moment, right, Like if you want to go viral here at the Senior Ball and you want to get fans talking about you do it at the end of practice when it's these one v one sessions. We're gonna manufacture this shit, right, that's what the coaches do. So Chamar Stork goes out there and what's what's the height in weight on this guy?
Speaker 2: You know, he's he's six five one pounds.
Speaker 1: And it's like, this is one of the strongest human beings. You know, you'll you'll see like this guy is the embodiment of strength of what you want out of an ad rusher. This is an interior guy. This is an ad rusher, right, what is his go to pass rush move? When the entire Senior Bowl world is watching him during these one v ones and inside spin, he tries to spin man and it's like, come.
Speaker 2: On, you are strong, yeah, and he had use that power if he's playing, if he's if he's taking on that strength, use your hands, get him off of you.
Speaker 3: Just kind of what you saw.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: There's there's some great plays out there that Shamar Stewart made, but there's also you know, Georgia Tech tight end Jackson Halls, who's a very good blocker, stonewalling him on a play action pass play.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So you just be dominant, right like he's That was my call call for Shamar Stewart, not for me to come away. It's impressed as you as a player overall, be dominant as someone who I think is going to be probably one of the most most polarizing players in the draft. I think there's gonna be people who have him as as a top ten to fifteen, and I think there's gonna be people who say he might be in the top fifty, right, and that's because of you know, the other players in the class as.
Speaker 4: Well, piggybacking off of what Justin was saying about the best versus best at the end, and and and not to belabor the point, but Dion Walker went up there was called and went, I believe against Alabama A and M tackle Carson Vincent and lost lost right then and there. And you know, I'm not trying to, you know, put Carson Vincent down, but like this is something where you would expect Deon Walker to win. Where Deon Walker lost, I want to say three to four times, was against someone who I think is going to be a fan favorite by the end of this week, and that's undersized center from UNC Willie Lampkin at any five at five to ten Stonewall Dean Walker. I counted three times, I believe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was on the far side of the field, so we didn't have.
Speaker 4: The greatest vantage point on some numbers and stuff with pull jerseys. But yeah, just just lost every single rep against a five to ten center who's a late addition here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there's other guys that maybe we could talk about, but we're about twenty three minutes now. I want to kind of tease tomorrow A little bit, but justin we didn't spend many time much time talking about cornerbacks or wide receivers in this day. Who is the wide receiver on the American team that impressed you the most?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's ty Felton. And to kind of just put it simply, he got open. You know, you would all of our attentions were on the old line D line today, But then you would poke your head over and it's like, oh, well look at that number ten just running into the end zone with no quarterback trail on. That's and that's ty Felton, and that that didn't really necessarily happen a ton today. I was a guy that created a lot of separation pre senior ball, and everybody wants to pull up his measurables at the Senior Bowl. But I have him six two, one eighty six.
Speaker 2: He's still measuring six foot so they lined up a little bit on his roster.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, So well he's still.
Speaker 2: Like he's I think he's a I think he's a solid player in the NFL. Right, I came in with some film on him. I'm confident he's gonna be a solid wide receiver in the NFL and all today.
Speaker 1: Out of all Senior Bowl wide receivers, the lead college in u in catches at ninety six with almost a seventy percent catchway over one thousand yards and a yards for a route run at two point three two, which basically if you're above two and a quarter to me, that's pretty solid up the college level. So and he had six point one yards after the catch per reception two with a drop rate under ten percent. So kind of crossing all those thresholds and crossing all those check marks. And he was open a ton today, and especially for the American offense, where hey, you got better quarterbacks throwing near the ball, maybe those receivers are expecting to get open a little bit.
Speaker 2: Ty Felton led the led the pack today. Yeah, I'm a Tie Felton fan in this draft. I don't know how much he'll rise. I think he's someone I'm going on through the whole process. He was there, And then, like I said, we'll focus a little bit more on wide receivers and dbs tomorrow. Yeah, but I thought Trey Amos from Ole Miss did a good job. Maxwell Harriston from Kentucky it's probably the best right here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then even mac mcmill in. The cornerback from uc UCF on.
Speaker 1: The national team. Quincy Riley did have the best play today. There was a receiver on the sideline where I mean he keeps it right and phase with them, you know, has playing sticky with them in coverage, does a nice job not getting too handsy, and then once the ball's in the air and the balls approaching, that's when he gets his head around. He makes a play on the football as the ball's arriving. I mean, it was kind of just a teach tape toe to speak. So Quincy Riley out of Louisville with the nice play on the ball moment in one v one's today.
Speaker 4: I had one more from the American side that I'm excited to watch tomorrow. Focus on to his corner from Oklahoma. Billy Bowman had a really good recovery undercut one v one on an outbreaking route towards the sideline, undercut it and came up with a pick. I believe it was right along the line, so I'm not sure if he got both feed in, but great recovery. It was an exciting play. I'm excited to focus in on them tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Though absolutely all.
Speaker 3: Right, anything else? I mean, I we're good.
Speaker 1: We're good, okay, because I feel like there's there's players, there's things we gotta we gotta talk about.
Speaker 2: Got two more days. Tease the people?
Speaker 3: Rap well? Can I do? Can we do? Rapid fire? Grump? Do you have any of the players do you want to mention?
Speaker 4: Defensive lineman from Virginia Techanias Peebles had only six f two and eighty nine pounds, had some really good burstens inside.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to watch.
Speaker 1: Him eleven on eleven he had a nice run stop today. Uh Jamari calledwell from Oregon. I think he has to be Maybe Cam Jackson gives him a run for his money from Florida, but at least on the national side side called well from Oregon. In tier defensive linement weighed in at three hundred and forty two pounds. Looks like the biggest guy here, but he he plays fast, he plays strong, he's physical. He's gonna be fun to watch all week. This is dangerous at the end of the show to want to pronounce.
Speaker 2: The UCLA has a lot of tough pronunciations here every year.
Speaker 1: Olibill Fami Ola Dejo from u C L a the edge rusher. He played with a lot of energy today. Excited to watch him and I think that's it. And Walter Nolan's somebody to keep an eye on as the as the days go on too. I don't think he falls in that category of like, you know, like we talked about the guy from Kentucky, Dion Walker, where it's like, ah, well you're really ranked high, you're supposed to dominate, you gotta kick ass. Walter Nolan was kind of like on that border. He had some good plays, but definitely a guy with where you're ranked and how dominant your tape is, go out there and dominate even more.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's what I got wanted to do, rapid fire. All right, I'm gonna wrap us up. That is our Day one Senior Bowl coverage. It is our recap. We will see you day two. And for your Dan Patrick people, we're on YouTube. We're on our own podcast feed as well. Football Today Jam Football on YouTube. We're gonna be here day two, Day three. Thank you to Corona for sending us here. We will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Peace. Thanks for watching.