Speaker 1: Okay, rincon and contracts me only Gamo.
Speaker 2: That's seen.
Speaker 3: Your rest love you don't.
Speaker 4: Long stand three daytime, that's.
Speaker 2: Previously on. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: I'm not doing this today. I've been waiting all season to find out what happened to Gabby and dag nab It. I'm gonna get that story today, So, without further ado, the.
Speaker 6: Year was nineteen ninety seven. I was working at a blimpiece at the Aventu Ramon.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a blimpiece.
Speaker 7: You know the sandwich chain. If you warn me while you're on your feet, stop by at a blimpiece.
Speaker 2: You know what is not important? The point is I was young and broke, but damn was that good looking? Where's this story going?
Speaker 6: She could have walked into any blimpiece, but she walked into mine and she changed my life.
Speaker 4: You there with the shredded lettuce?
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 2: If DeLeon would you like mayo on this?
Speaker 3: I'm not going to eat it. It doesn't matter, Victoria, what are you up to?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Come on, look at him, Joel under those ill fitting khakis and that visor cap.
Speaker 3: There's potential, I can hear you.
Speaker 2: That's twelve fifty six. For the sandwich? Would you like to add a soup for two ninety nine?
Speaker 3: Forget the soup? Kid, How would you like to be rich?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: I don't see it.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you it's there, So no soup your kid.
Speaker 3: When you're tired of being poor, give me a call. I'll change your life.
Speaker 2: I'd never seen someone throw away a full sub like that.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 2: Sexy, but also wasteful. I had to know more.
Speaker 5: Wait, so you called her?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I fucking called her. Do you know what it's like working at a blimp piece? It's terrible. I'd rather go back to jail.
Speaker 6: She told me to meet her at church on Sunday morning. She wanted me to see God's higher.
Speaker 2: Purpose for me. Ah, so it was a Jesus Day, not even a little bit.
Speaker 4: Samon. I'm so glad you made it. Did you catch my sermon?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Very moving? Two thumbs up. I really felt the spirit.
Speaker 3: You are not very religious, are you?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 2: Really? I grew up Catholic, but religion never did very much for me.
Speaker 3: Me either.
Speaker 4: You know, growing up, I was a lot like you. I don't come from money. There was never enough food on the table, and I prayed to God every night to help me and my brother. But night after night we went to bed with empty stomachs. So after a while I realized I had to answer my own purpose.
Speaker 2: So what swiss all of this? Then?
Speaker 3: This, it's how I answered my prayers.
Speaker 4: I brought you here because I really believe that if you teach a man to fish, he'll be.
Speaker 3: Fed for a lifetime. And this is where I go fishing. Take a look around you, what do you see?
Speaker 2: I don't know people.
Speaker 3: Money, Estevan. Every person down there looks like a walking sack of money to me, and you you're gonna help me get it.
Speaker 2: It was the most brilliant calm I had ever seen.
Speaker 5: Let me guess she was using the church to funnel money?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I mean yes, the church was This guy body was way bigger than that. But then what was it?
Speaker 3: Stab On.
Speaker 4: There's a whole world of women out there, lonely women, ugly women, rich women, women in need of love and affection.
Speaker 2: What does this have to do with me?
Speaker 4: Aren't you sick of slinging sandwiches for minimum wage?
Speaker 2: Of course I am, But what am I supposed to do? I don't have any excuse. I didn't go to college. I am a nobody.
Speaker 4: Stab on.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, you don't need any of that. All you need to do please trust me. I've been doing this for a long time, and I think you've got what it takes to go all the way.
Speaker 4: I can make you richer and more powerful than you've ever dreamed. But you have to do exactly what I say.
Speaker 2: What do you want me to do? She cummed me, She waxed me, She unwebbed my toes.
Speaker 4: What are you saying?
Speaker 5: What are you saying about toes?
Speaker 4: Damn it?
Speaker 2: She made me over.
Speaker 7: She molded me like a lump of clay and turned me into the man you see today. She taught me everything I needed to know to charm rich women. She turned me into a himbo.
Speaker 2: What's a himbo?
Speaker 7: We're pretty boys, face jockeys, meat monkeys. Oh look, snowbooks. We're good for one thing, and one thing only, scamming rich women out of their money. Victoria was using her church to funnel money from the biggest hymbo scam in history.
Speaker 2: Wait what? There were dozens of.
Speaker 7: Us tall boys, short boys, fat boys, skinny boys, every kind of himbo you could dream.
Speaker 2: Victoria had one.
Speaker 7: She had calmed the entire Dry State area looking for dumb, broke pretty boys like me. By the time I met her, Victoria was running an army of himbos, a whole hymbo network, Himbos Pilasi.
Speaker 2: There's no way this is real. It's way more common than you think. Think about it.
Speaker 7: How many smart, accomplished women do you know with absolutely useless husbands. Do you think those guys got there by accident? No way, those are himbos.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what does this have to do with the missing girl and getting there?
Speaker 6: For years I worked retirement homes the bingos circuit, mostly working with really old bitties on their last legs. I gave them a little companionship in their last days, and they left me with a chunk of change, which.
Speaker 2: I shared with Victoria Issy. I thought.
Speaker 6: Finally, Victoria thought I was ready to go after the white whale of the himbo world.
Speaker 2: Luisa, golittle your wife.
Speaker 6: It's the biggest regret of my life. Louisa never saw it coming, and she didn't deserve it. But I had a job to do, and I did it masterfully.
Speaker 4: I love Heyday.
Speaker 6: You know, it's not so easy to hide this much money. Moving out, I had to close another factory to get this. Her father thinks I'm totally useless.
Speaker 4: Oh, let them think what they want. All that matters is that the money keeps rolling in. Oh what's the matter, theymon? Are you feeling bad for the poor little witch girl?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe I am?
Speaker 3: Oh boohoo, let her cry in her.
Speaker 2: Trust, Victoria, I don't know if I can keep doing this.
Speaker 4: Oh, police, don't go getting soft on me now. If it makes you feel any better. You're not really stealing from Louisa. You're stealing from her father, I know.
Speaker 7: But I think she really loves me. And now we're talking about having kids and this has all gone too far.
Speaker 3: Haven't I taken care of you Estevan? Yes, didn't I hold up my end of the bargain.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: But I don't want to just keep mooching off her for the rest of my life. I want to be my own man, build something I can be proud of, and you will.
Speaker 3: Hey, you could be president someday. Look at Bill. You know he's one of my guys, right Bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I picked him up in a Kennygye cover band, and look where he ended up.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Victoria.
Speaker 3: Well, there's one simple way for you to end it. Just poison her?
Speaker 4: What sure? Just slip a little something into her wine each night. Within a few weeks, you'll be free and you'll be the sole heir to her fortune.
Speaker 2: You must be joking.
Speaker 4: Mmm, I thought you want it out. Let's stay. But come on. I know you're a pretty boy, but I thought you were smarter than this. I need to get paid. If you want to walk away from this, then there's a price to pay. If it really bothers you, I can have Joel do it. He's a real man.
Speaker 2: How old berry? Why I am a real man.
Speaker 3: I don't have time for this. Either kill her or keep the payments going. The choice is yours.
Speaker 2: I quietly funneled the money from Luisa for years.
Speaker 3: Well that's awful.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 6: I didn't feel good about it then, and I still don't know. But I made a deal with the devil and I couldn't see it way out.
Speaker 5: Oh come on, What does this have to do with the girl? All right, the girl? But wasn't this supposed to be Gabby's episode? I mean, this whole network of himbos is fascinating, But what does it have to.
Speaker 2: Do with Gabby?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 9: All right, great, So now, now, now, now, and now that you've calmed down, I need you to tell me what she saw Gabby.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, so in my letter I told you about life in the conversion camp, right, how awful it was, how they treated us. After a few weeks in that place, I'd had enough. I packed up my stuff and waited until late at night. I figured I could sneak through the offices and Hitshake my way home. But I heard yelling coming from Victoria's office.
Speaker 2: How long has this been going on? What do you care?
Speaker 4: This has nothing to do with you like Hellett does.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to be a part of this. I'm serious, Victoria. Shut this down.
Speaker 4: Shut it down. Do you have any idea how much money this thing makes?
Speaker 7: I don't care how much money it makes. It's a conversion camp. This isn't just some scam, Victoria. You're hurting these kids.
Speaker 4: Oh please, So some rich kids have to spend a few weeks listening to Bible versus they'll get over it.
Speaker 7: No, they won't, Victoria. I have done a lot of things I am not proud of. I've lied, I've stolen, I've been your puppet and it's made me rich.
Speaker 2: But this is too far?
Speaker 4: What's gotten into you? I let you keep Louisa alive? What more do you want?
Speaker 2: When will it be enough for you? You have your hymbos, You and your.
Speaker 7: Brother have poisoned every rich heiress in Miami Dade County. Isn't that enough to say? Sheiate your greed?
Speaker 4: Ah? Is that what this is about? You want a bigger cut of the money.
Speaker 2: No, I want my soul back. The money it's not worth it.
Speaker 4: Well, what if I could give you something that money can't buy?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Steman? I told you you have so much potential. I knew it from the moment I saw you. You you are destined for greatness, and.
Speaker 3: I can help you get there. I just need for you to trust me.
Speaker 2: Whatever you're planning, I don't want it. I want out, Stevan.
Speaker 3: I can make you Mayor.
Speaker 4: You could finally be in charge of your own life, be your own man, build something of your own.
Speaker 3: Think about it. Mayor Calderon has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
Speaker 2: But what about the comps?
Speaker 3: Don't you see? They're the key. We can make you into the perfect right wing candidate.
Speaker 4: Voters will love, your connection to the church, your.
Speaker 3: Devotion to God, all of it.
Speaker 2: But it's all a lie.
Speaker 4: Who cares. Being in power isn't about what you believe. It's about lying so well that they don't know what you believe.
Speaker 3: Come on to Stevan.
Speaker 4: I can get you the votes. All you need to do is trust me.
Speaker 1: I I.
Speaker 4: I'll do it fantastic. Now, I'll need some time time to move around some pieces, but I promise you I see the whole roadmap.
Speaker 3: First mayor, then governor.
Speaker 4: What what the hell is that? Follow me?
Speaker 2: What did you hear?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know why.
Speaker 10: There was a stack of metal cans in the corner of the room, but I sure as hell knock them over.
Speaker 3: Yes, this this you all right, Gabby.
Speaker 9: He's always kind a clos you know.
Speaker 10: So anyway, they so they debated kill me, don't kill me. Victoria was obviously you very pro kill me, Isteban surprisingly not so much. In the end, they decided that this place was the answer. After all, who would believe some crazy girls story about an army of himbos?
Speaker 9: WHOA So you're telling me that Esteban is a professional hymboy and that Victoria orchestrated his entire political rise.
Speaker 4: No sounds crazy, right, It's a little.
Speaker 9: Far fetched, but given everything else that's happened recently, it almost makes sense. Well, none of that matters. Now we're gonna get you out of here and blow this thing wide open. Cracking me, I mean, how I gotta car waiting downstairs? What?
Speaker 4: Oh? No, no, no, no, no, this case. I think they are going to notice if a patient just walks down the hall.
Speaker 9: Not if you get in my trash can. Now, let's get out of here before anyone notices I'm here.
Speaker 4: Oh I okay, yeah, I get it in, I get the made outfit and all of me. Okay, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 9: I got my god one after the other in there. Sorry, sorry, I just okay okay, one, two, okay, Now you have to get down. Your head can't be out.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, okay, here we go.
Speaker 9: I'm about to do it on account three one two three?
Speaker 3: There you go?
Speaker 9: Are you good?
Speaker 4: Yep? Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, you're doing good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then we almost to the elevators.
Speaker 3: Just hang on, and where do you think you're going?
Speaker 4: Who me?
Speaker 9: I'm just taking up the trash.
Speaker 3: Cut the crap Australa or should I say Doris?
Speaker 4: Who are you? That's her? She's the woman I saw keaven. She's the leader of the church. Like told you, they would never let me leave.
Speaker 9: So you don low down, nasty bitch responsible for all of this?
Speaker 3: How do you sleep at night?
Speaker 4: Quite well? Actually, we have these wonderful linen cheeks. You'd know if you weren't so poor.
Speaker 9: You never get away with all of this.
Speaker 4: And how are you going to stop me?
Speaker 3: You have no evidence. No one's gonna believe you.
Speaker 9: That's what you think, But you are wrong. I've been working with a reporter and we're gonna make sure everyone knows that I've read a perfect timing.
Speaker 4: Hi, my sweet baby, did you have a good day? Hi?
Speaker 2: Mom?
Speaker 5: Did he say mom? Victoria's Undress's mother? What can this story get any more complicated or confusing or confounding?
Speaker 2: I think I need to sit down.
Speaker 8: The Princess of South Each Season two was produced by Sonoro in partnership with Iheart'smichael Tura Network. Created and directed by Jasmine Romero, Written by Jasmine Romero with help from Nissa Hendris, Produced by Luisa Duardo Castillo, Executive produced by Jasmine Romero. Executive produced by conaal Bayne and Jessell Banss for iHeart and Camilla Victoriano and Josha Weinstein for Sonoro. Performances in this episode by Danny Pino, Raule Sparsa, Kelly Conka, Brent Harvey, x Mayo, Peerl Schen, and Alan Eisenberg. Our production manager is Keninsa Chinese recording engineering and sound design by Luin Nirigoyan and Juan Diaz, with help from Cassandra Tinajiro and Andres Baena. Casting a coordination by kennsa Childis, Angel Martinez, Alex Gonzalez and Andres Childis. Theme song and original music by Rodrigo Garcia. Rodis theme song performed by Jaffetzamayoa and Carol Belasco. Voices recorded at the Invisible Studios in Los Angeles, the Relic Room in New York, and the Hollowood Halls in Portland, with engineering by Charles Carroll, David Wilson, Neil Wagenson, Sam Bear, Brett Tubin, and Justin Phelps. With special thanks to Heronimo Avila