Speaker 1: Reality with the King is hosted by me, Carlos King. I'm an executive producer who have produced some of your favorite shows from the Real Housewives in Atlanta, New Jersey and my own creation, The Love and Marriage Franchise and Bell Collective. Every episode, we recap reality television from the Real Housewives Franchise to The Bachelor or Selling Sunset, in addition to celebrity guests, whether in the unscripted space or scripted.
Speaker 2: As well.
Speaker 3: Rain Drops. Yes, welcome to Reality with the King. You're number one source for all things reality television on and today we are going to recap in.
Speaker 2: The City finale.
Speaker 3: I must say I am quite sad that this show was going off. I was pleasantly surprised. Okay, let's have a real conversation. Y'all know I'm a Bravo guy. I love Bravo shows, right, I'm more of a Housewives person, duh.
Speaker 2: News flash. We all know that.
Speaker 3: I'm really not into other shows outside of Housewives.
Speaker 2: Ladies of London was great.
Speaker 3: I just did not find myself wanting because doesn't want to do this job. You have to have a want, a need, a desire to recap shows. It's one thing to watch it. Recapping takes a whole different energy, So Ladies of London, I didn't have the energy to recap it.
Speaker 2: I'm actually watching.
Speaker 3: This season, season two of Next Gen and Why, and I actually like it. But I can only watch it on a Saturday because it gives me Saved by the belties. So as a young boy, I would watch Say by the Bell on Saturdays because it came on Saturdays. Right, Next Gen n y C is pretty much Say by the Bell. Ava Dash is Lark Voorhees, Brooks is Zach.
Speaker 2: Morris. Are you'll following me here?
Speaker 3: No, seriously, I think that. Then you have Georgia, who to me is Jesse Just Spano, Spannel, right, just go Spano. Arianna Bierman is Kelly Kapowski, okay, and obviously Charlie is screeched, so that's yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Ava Dash is Lisa Turtle. I know, I say Lark boarhe'es. Let's go with characters. Ava Dash is Lisa Turtle. So that's that, and that ain't going nowhere, okay, So anyway, I may start recapping that now that in the city, Brody, look my dog is doing.
Speaker 2: Brody, what you're doing.
Speaker 3: My dog is even excited that I'm talking about Next Gen and y Okay, so.
Speaker 2: You may get that recap.
Speaker 3: Nonetheless, we are here to talk about In the City, my.
Speaker 2: New favorite show.
Speaker 3: Back to my point, I never watch an entire season of Summerhouse. I hopped on the bandwagon, admittedly, so when the scandal happened between Amanda West and Sierra and for me, I did not want to experience fomo fear of missing out, so I decided to do a deep dive, give the rain drop something to talk about. And I've been hooked too in the City, and I really do like this show. The show is actually really interesting and I am begging that they come back for a second season. So we are here to recap the season finale of the show. Okay, and we got to give it to Whitney. First of all, Whitney is like gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Supermodel gorgeous. She's tall, she's.
Speaker 3: Leggy, you could tell, she's very nice and very sweet. But baby, I did not know that Whitney had it in her to double down on her statements. So the episode starts off, they're in the separate cars. They're you know, they're going to their excursion and then this conversation, Whitney is doubling down that Lindsey uses the single mom card because when they got to the house, Lindsay said that she deserves to have her own room because she's a you know, she's a mom, and she wants to be able to enjoy herself because it's rare that they're able to be without their kids, right, So that's what Lindsay said. Georgina and her feels like, we're the moms, let's have it. Whitney doesn't like it, and Whitney shaded her in the car, not in front of her face, when she's like, look, she even has a nanny and thinks she's more important than all of us. That's Whitney's great. But the best part to me was when Whitney admitted that she is scared of Lindsey and so are the other girls. And that to me was a tell tale in terms of the bravery that Whitney had to speak up for herself because she really saw.
Speaker 2: Biased being displayed.
Speaker 3: Because I'm sure the other people felt that way, but no one is going to go up against as you all call her mother Herbert. It ain't happening at all, not today, not next week. It ain't happening. Lindsey runs the cast, Lindsey runs the show. Whitney is setting up for what's right, and in her mind, it is.
Speaker 2: This card that she feels Lindsey's playing.
Speaker 3: Now, look, I'm actually on Whitney's side. I do think Lindsay is playing the mom card. It's pretty obvious and will get to what really happened later where I'm like, look, she even admitted it.
Speaker 2: So Georgina, who.
Speaker 3: Georgina of this episode, was giving me laptog tease. Okay, she confronts Whitney as an all lighte on the bonfire, and she pretty much says that Lindsay is not playing the mom card and that Whitney is trying to dis single mothers and if she was a single mom then maybe she will understand what that feels like, which to me was definitely a low blow.
Speaker 2: It was a low blow, which is.
Speaker 3: Why Whitney said she is sick of everyone bombing down to Lindsay. And what Georgina was doing in this moment to me was she was proving Whitney's point because you are going harder for your girl than what she is at this present moment, it was.
Speaker 2: Giving, lap dog.
Speaker 3: I thought I was watching Housewives of Atlanta for a second, No shade, it was definitely giving. Lindsay is the Queen Bee, She's the star of the show. I'm on the show because of her. Therefore, I have her back. So to tell Whitney one day, I hope you have kids so that you can understand that was a mess up statement.
Speaker 2: Now, that was a low blow. And that's why I appreciate the fact that.
Speaker 3: Kenny really tried his best to have his girl's back without quote unquote getting in the women's business. Because for him, he's thinking and more like, my girl said what she said, and she meant it and I and she listened me so sweet. Although she's strong enough to defend herself, Kenny knows his friends, and he knows that he has to help her, and that's what he did. And Georgina knew what she said was so effed up, which is why she got up and left. And that's when Whitney said that she felt truly that Lindsey could have been a better friend to Evond like that's her biggest issue. And as Georgina's walking away, she then says, you both don't like women as a couple. And that's when Georgina is a bona fide Karen, because what the fuck was that you were losing this game being a lap dog. You was huffing a puffet and the roof blew down. You need a harness, you have four legs. You're at the wrong park. You need to be at a doggy park.
Speaker 2: You shit it on.
Speaker 3: Yourself by embarrassing yourself as well. So to say that they don't like women, that is what we call gas lighting, Karen, behavior microaggressions. Georgina failed the assignment.
Speaker 2: To go that low.
Speaker 3: Let me know that Georgina does not have what it takes to have an intelligent conversation because you have to be an intelligent person to do so.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not calling her dumb or stupid.
Speaker 3: I will never do that, But what I am saying she doesn't have the intelligence, the emotional intelligence.
Speaker 2: Let me be very clear what I'm saying. I'm not saying BookSmart wise.
Speaker 3: I'm saying Georgina lacks emotional intelligence to have a conversation without going low.
Speaker 2: As it said, they don't like women.
Speaker 3: Just because they called the obvious, which is your girl, Lindsey definitely was using the single mom card. And on top of that, Lindsey was And again I don't know the history between Lindsay and Yvonne because this is the first season of the show, but from what I've seen Team Yvonne, Lindsey was not being a good friend to Yvonne at her wedding dinner party.
Speaker 2: She just wasn't.
Speaker 3: Now, granted, Lindsey was making great television and I'm here for it, but it was at the expense of her friend's dinner. And that's when you have to say, girl, I'm sorry. I was trying to like get my point across, and I was say on the side, look, bitch, I'm trying to make good TV so that we can get a second season. And I think Yvonne would have been like, fine, because I want a second season too, right. So then they go back home and at this point they're in the kitchen, and so funny because Lindsay's in the kitchen, she's being downloaded. What happens Amanda exits stage left. She does not want to be part of the conversation. Whinnie walks in and look to Whitney's defense, she stood on business and if she never told me she was scared of Lindsay.
Speaker 2: I would have never thought that because she didn't give me she was scared of her vibes. I didn't get that at all.
Speaker 3: She stood there like, okay, let's figure this out. Okay, let's figure this out. And she tells her like, look, you said what you said, Like, it is what you said. You said that because you are mother, you deserve the room. And I feel like that's.
Speaker 2: You using a single mom card.
Speaker 3: And Lindsay's like, I never said single mom, and she was like, you said mom. And at this point, Lindsey's fighting to win the game of semantics because the key takeaway was you are using that, okay, but the part that gaged me. Lindsey agrees with it eventually and said that I'm mad that you said it. Then Lexi, who was quiet the whole moment because she's the one that took the bone, and went back to her boss, her master Lindsey and told her what Whitney said. And in this moment she's being another laptop too. Then you have Gavin telling Lindsey she did nothing wrong and baby, in the worst of Portie Gavin.
Speaker 2: Wrong road, wrong road.
Speaker 3: So then Kenny obviously is at Gavin because he's like, why are you trying to create more smoke when this has nothing to do with you? And Whitney and Lindsey on the verge of apologizing to each other. So then Whitney apologizes to Georgina. Gavin is still talking about the shit. Winnie tells him to shut up, she's sick of him. The boys get into it, they have to go outside, and that's when it's sort of rebuild that look. Kenny tells Gavin that he feels like he's chopping him off at the knees, and Gavin in that moment, to me, he felt like, look, I'm trying to make good television as well, because Lindsey.
Speaker 2: Is also my boss in this situation.
Speaker 3: But I think Gavin knew that he was doing too much, which is why he broke down and cried and told Ca, you're like a brother to me, and I don't even have a brother. And that's when the two guys hugged it out and really understood that this petty bullshit is beneath them and that's why I love Kenny, which, by the way, I keep saying this over and over again.
Speaker 2: Kenny with that card again. The open up White Ox for shirt the fitted cap.
Speaker 3: Kenny may be one of the baddest on Bravo.
Speaker 2: Let's have a real conversation. Kenny is one.
Speaker 3: Of the badsis on Bravo, the baddest. I'm just saying, let's have a real conversation. It is not even up for did bait okay?
Speaker 2: Let me move on.
Speaker 3: So at the friends giving dinner, Danielle asked lindsay if they are moving forward or is it residual resentment from the past. They decided to get over it, so it was good. The Friendsgiving ended with everybody coming together. Then a car came up that said two months later. And then we're getting into the current situation of Amanda and West drama. There's a one on one scene between Kyle and Amanda. Kyle tells Amanda, you point blank lied to me about West, and his point was, you complain to me by my behavior going off partying, drinking, and he said that West rageous three times more than he does, which to me shows that Amanda has a type.
Speaker 2: Amanda is like that.
Speaker 3: Wounded bird that you see in the parking lot at Walmart and you try not to step over it or drive over it. Because you feel bad for the wounded bird and you hope that one day they have enough.
Speaker 2: Enough strength to walk.
Speaker 3: On their own two ways, just saying that's how you feel, right. Amanda likes a bad boy, which is why she stayed with Kyle throughout all of his cheating and hanging out and drinking and everything else, only to be in another relationship with the guy who does the same thing. So Kyle made a good point there, But one thing he said was when they both released a joint statement, which to me, I will still stand by this case and our girlfriend to the show Blewe to lucimclocked it when she's said that. The reason why Amanda rushed Kyle to approve the joint statement they released on Instagram is because she was already messing with Wes and she wanted to make sure that the overlap did not extend more than a few weeks.
Speaker 2: That's why it was a sense of urgency and the fact that.
Speaker 3: Kyle asked Amanda about their situation only for her to lie to him.
Speaker 2: Blue was right. So in this moment, Amanda's.
Speaker 3: Being vulnerable talking about the fear she has going outside because you know, look, she at this moment is one of the most hated women on television, and I would go as far as to say probably the most hated woman on television reality at that. And she's afraid that somebody's going to stop from the street and yell at her and look all drops aside.
Speaker 2: That is a real feeling, and I do feel bad for her for that.
Speaker 3: Yes, she did something wrong, but no one should be subjected to being afraid of walking down the street without being confronted by strangers. She does not deserve that shade her on social media all good, but in person, I do believe in protecting someone's personal space. But the person who is benefitting from all of this is Kyle, who said that people have really been supporting his company Lover or Boy, and Amanda said, yeah, they're supporting it because they hate me so much.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's true, that's true. That is true.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm supporting Love of Boy because I am one, but I'm supporting it too because hey, that's what we do, is consumers. We support the ones we feel needs the support, and in this case, Kyle and Sierra needs it the most. But then while they were talking, Amanda just Amanda doesn't seem present.
Speaker 2: I don't know if she is also.
Speaker 3: Emotionally unavailable, but she kind of seems a bit stoic, and when she made the joke that they could possibly go out on double date with Sally and Kyle, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Amanda just looks completely soulless to me. I don't I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: And then in current time, her and West are on TikTok going grocery shopping to try to play up the pregnancy rumors.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's corny and I'm just not I'm not here for it. I'm just not.
Speaker 3: But I am here for the upcoming two part reunion of In the City and we will be recapping that.
Speaker 2: So rain Drops.
Speaker 3: If you haven't watched In the City, I do encourage all to binge it.
Speaker 2: It's a really really, really really really good show.
Speaker 3: Kenny, Gavin, Lindsay, Kyle, Amanda, they are carrying this season.
Speaker 2: So I encourage you all to watch. It is really damn good.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlos King, produced by Lizzie Nimitz, and a partnership.
Speaker 2: With The Lack Effect Network.
Speaker 1: You can also find us on my YouTube channel at the Carlos King underscore