Speaker 1: Welcome into Northside Territory Foul Territory Networks Cubs Podcast. I'm Saha Dave Sharma with my partner Patrick Mooney. We are your Cubs beat writers over at the Athletic. Patrick is not quite the middle of the season, but we are going to hand out some grades for this team as they continue to muddle through. I guess how many games are we in it? Do I have the record rate? Forty? Is it forty? No? Wait, like I'm off on my it is it's forty and thirty seven, So we're seventy seven games in, so we're close. We're close to that midpoint. I think everyone can agree that after the way the season started, three games over five hundred is not not where people were hoping for at this point. It's interesting reading fans reactions right now. They're acting like this team is ten fifteen games under five hundred. But I get it. When you struggle like they have the past month plus, it's hard to feel positive. But it just I think we have to look at this season as a whole so far, which is, you know, we're middle nearing the end of June and they're in a playoff spot, which is really weird to say because the vibes around it does not did not feel that way. But let's start with I guess we could do this first segment, the coaching staff and the front office. I think it's hard for me to, like, I think council, I mean, think about it, if we would have done this at the end of you know, at the end of April, at the beginning of May, it's an A plus, right, like what a great job great council has done. I don't think he's done anything like super wrong since then this, But but it's hard to give him like an A when when the season is just kind of average. So I think, you know, it's it's just average. It's it's a C for me, for him and the coaching staff. I I again, I just don't think, like nothing stands outwards, like why is he doing this? Why is he calling upon this guy in the bullpen, Like when you have this many injuries, when you have this many guys being ineffective, Like there's a certain way you have to like you're going to be wrong. Sometimes I just don't, like nothing is glaring to me. But I think fans will disagree with that that they'll they'll Nippick on something, but I think it's just been an average season for this coaching staff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to tie him together the sort of like Craig Council's group in Jed Hoyer's group, just because there is a lot of collaboration there and that, you know, whether it's Tommy hot Devey sort of being an extent of the office or Craig Council.
Speaker 3: Getting involved in R and D in the off season.
Speaker 2: You know, Tyler Zombro in this role where he's in uniform and out of uniform, uh, you know during the off season meetings. Yeah, I'm with you, Like, certainly not an A, definitely not an F. You know, if you want to go B minus, C plus like I could C minus, like you can probably talk me into it.
Speaker 3: Just like that's been kind of the work product thus far.
Speaker 2: And maybe once they get past the halfway point in leaving New York, you maybe they have a nice we're recording before Tuesday's game after two consecutive rainouts. That also colors this a bit as well. There has been a new result to move onto. But the Cubs their next stop will be Milwaukee, and I think Milwaukee makes all of this look worse, you know what I mean, Like the we are grading on a curve here when you look at the state of the National League, like there's a lot of really average teams, and there's so much parody that I think we both expect them to be in the race until mid to late September, and then it's just kind of like, can they come through in the you know that last week or so, can they avoid the collapse we saw in twenty twenty three, Well, they have a nice finishing kick after the trade headline. We have no idea and yeah, maybe this is incomplete for the front office in that sense, like they still have a lot of work to do. I think overall, the you know, the coaching stat and council get credit for Peka Armstrong's development, for how the pitching, they've weathered it fairly well considering the sheer vib of injuries. But then again, like we'll never know this, but could they have done more on the front end to prevent this some of it, you know, the personnel they acquired, Like you should maybe expect injuries with some of these guys. But I think as we talk through some of these additions in the upcoming segments here. I think back to the story you wrote somewhat recently of just like this was a ninety two win team, pretty methodically built, pretty fairly well rounded roster. You're trading swapping out Kyle Tucker for Alex Bragman, and like all of these moves were reasonable. There was not a whole lot of like what are they thinking here? And so that I think that compounds it too of just like you see how well the Brewers are doing, that doesn't make the Cubs look great and also just kind of confusing. I think that's why it's hard for me to just you know, put a big red F on it, because right we understood where they're coming from with a lot of stuff, and as we deal with Craig Councilor's coaches, like they're like reasonable people, that they're good communicators.
Speaker 3: You know, we can kind of see where they're coming.
Speaker 2: From on a lot of this, and they will point to, look, everything's incomplete because we still have a half season to go.
Speaker 1: Yes, if I'm grading them just on these first two and a half three months then to the front office that is, then I think I would not give them a past. I would not give them a c like I'd have to give them below and like, look, that's totally second guessing because I think we were on board with this offseason. We thought it was a smart offseason. I thought they did a lot of good h Nothing's really worked out as hoped so far. Alex Bregman is not performing up to expectations. Edward Cabrera is not a standout starter for this team. Phil Mayton has really struggled. Hunter Harvey has barely pitched. Jacob Webb has been good but has struggled of late. And the bullpen is a concern for me. The rotation is a concern. The moves just haven't really worked out the bullpen, Like this is just how bullpens are. And I know, I'm like, I'm probably gonna answer some questions via mail bag and people are like, how could they have built this type of bullpen? And I mean it said they needed to bring like they need to bring in some certainty. Yeah, Okay. They should have signed Edwin Diaz, who has pitched four innings and had like a ten ERA. Maybe they should have signed Devin Williams who has an ERA pushing five. Maybe they should have signed Pete Fairbanks, who has an era pushing like ten Re signed Brad Keller, who's Era's double last season, Like, I don't know, there's no such thing as certainty in the bullpen. I know fans get so annoyed by hearing that, and like they think it's an excuse, But it is so hard to build a bullpen year after year. You need guys to step up that you didn't like. Nobody has stepped up that they that they kind of needed to, like Colin Snyder, Corbyn Martin Riley Martin got hurt. So it's you know, this is excuse making, I guess you could say, but it's also the reality of building a bullpen. You just don't know what you're going to get. You could feel so confident about what you've put together and it can just turn out to be a mess, or you can have like kind of be like, I don't know it's going to look and then it dominates. Last year was really good. I thought last year was a good bullpen. They have figured it out on the fly, so I would not be surprised if the bullpen does get figured out. They've they're really throwing things against the wall with this bullpen right now that we've talked about it a couple episodes ago. I believe like they're just cycling through forty man roster spots, so that I think is something that can be fixed over the course of a season. See it all the time with different teams. Go back to that World Series run that the Diamondbacks went on. I believe what was that, twenty three, twenty four, Yeah, twenty three, and they had a rough bullpen the first few months. They made a couple of trades, picked up some guys that had struggled in the first half and were nails for them in the second half. And that's that's kind of how it is. It can be the most random thing in sports. So sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason to it all. Let's take a quick break then and break down some position players and give them grades.
Speaker 3: When my puppy Bella has something wrong, I'm not going to go around googling what.
Speaker 4: To do, Yeah, Kratz, Let's have a better plan. Today's episode is sponsored by the ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Program. It offers customizable accident and illness plans that can fit your budget, your lifestyle, and.
Speaker 1: Even your pets.
Speaker 4: Particular quirks because Let's be honest that builds can add up fast. ASPCA Pet Health Insurance has been around for almost thirty years and has covered over one million pets. And when it's time to submit a claim, it's easy. Just use their app and receive reimbursement for eligible VET bills directly into your bank account, so you can get back to focusing on what really matters your pet. To explore coverage, visit ASPCA Pet Insurance dot com slash foul. That's ASPCA Pet Insurance dot com slash foul. Again, that's ASPCA Pet Insurance dot Com slash foul. This is a paid advertisement. Insurance is underwritten by either Independent American Insurance Company or United States Fire Insurance Company and produced by PTZ Insurance Agency Limited. The ASPCA is not an insurance and is not engaged in the business of insurance.
Speaker 1: All right, So I think if we were grading the offense again six weeks ago, we'd be talking about like a plus, you.
Speaker 3: Know, best offense. Ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and obviously six weeks has changed the Uh. This is one of the more confusing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't know. Again, It's like the volatility of bullpens, the randomness of hitting with runners in scoring position is like these got these have to be the two most frustrating things to watch when things aren't going right and and kind of accept that, man, baseball can be a random sport sometimes, and yes it is this like the hitting with runners in scoring position, Like you look at the Cubs numbers when like overall versus that, and it's and it's really weird, and it's a stark difference and it makes you question of like, what what are they doing wrong? When I think a lot of baseball people feel like, no, this stuff will even out again. This is one of those things that fans don't want to hear. So I get the frustration, and I think it is important to analyze it, be on that and wonder what else is going on. But I just don't think there's a simple answer to that. But that's probably the biggest issue with this team. If they had, you know, ten more hits with runners in scoring position, that's probably like five more wits. That's really like what a big swing it would be. Because I was just looking this up after they have the most played appearances with runners in scoring position and they have I believe the twenty eighth in batting average. And again, like I think people who know me know that I don't think batting average is the most important step, but it's important with runners in scoring position, you want to get base hits because sometimes a walk with a man on second and one out just doesn't do the job. But you know, a groundball, seeing eye, single change, it can change a game. So that, right, there is one reason why you.
Speaker 2: Know you're losing your mind you're talking of batting average here, like this is what comes I'm done to your brain. Yes, yes, this is your brain on Cubs baseball.
Speaker 1: Right, And so overall it's the offense gets another you know, mediocre see here for me. But I think I still feel that by the end of the season we'll be looking back and saying that's a B season, maybe an A season for the offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's just like disappointing that this group as a whole hasn't stepped forward, and like how quickly it went from like, you know, World Series contender to like are these guys too uptight? Do they have the wrong mix of personalities in the room, And like is there, you know, is there something wrong with like kind of this hitting group as a whole because this is what you know, Jed Hoyer's front off that says, really stake this team on. This is what they've built around. You know, they have been proven right.
Speaker 3: You know, bullpens are volatile.
Speaker 2: Uh, you don't want to put good money, big money behind those players. We'll just fine. You just have to be right in the other areas. And the Cubs historically don't pay for number one starters. They have in the past, I should say, I mean you Darvish John Lester, but like recently, you know, they they saw where the Dylan c s market was going and they were informed and we're like, all.
Speaker 3: Right, good luck with that.
Speaker 2: And you know, he got paid in Toronto and so sort of getting these getting a lot of sort of you know, number three type starters on on good days or you know, and also not developing pitching from within that much means your your hitters, your everyday guys have to carry you, and you know, kind of looking at you know, the Baseball reference sheet.
Speaker 3: Right now, I think I mean Peter Armstrong, I think he gets an A.
Speaker 2: I think he doesn't get an A plus just because of what happened on the South Side and some of his glaring defensive mistakes. I know he's still an awesome defender, has put up some amazing offensive numbers recently, so I think that's a solid A not quite an A plus.
Speaker 3: I think Ian.
Speaker 2: Hap, as frustrating as he can be for fans, is putting together an All Star caliber first half. We'll see if he actually gets in the game. And you know he's streaky as well, so we don't know where he'll wind up between now and the All Star break, but at the end of the year, you know you're gonna have a pretty solid season out of him. So I put him in that kind of a minus B plus range, And then say, is one a name I sort of circled of, Like his numbers are good, he's a much better defender, but just when the Cubs go through these tailspins, like Saya usually seems to be kind of at the forefront of that, and just you would like to see a little more consistency or quicker ability to kind of pull the team out of the nosedive. And that's one of those just because we hear how players talk about him, we know how talented he is, we know how hard he works, how much he cares, and like that's just kind of been who he is during his time in Chicago, and now that that may change. He might have been their most dangerous hitter during last year's playoffs, and like I certainly wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Rule that out.
Speaker 2: Like a monster stretch in the second half, you know that sort of carries the team. But he has been kind of that guy like when everything's clicking, you know around him, say is clicking. There's been fewer times where you know, you look to him to sort of like have that huge hit that changes everything.
Speaker 3: You just would like a little more there.
Speaker 2: And that's why I put him in that similar sort of like B plus range.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you look at the middle infield and obviously third base Bregman, Swanson, Nico. I mean Nico was a plus you know at then a couple of weeks. Yeah, I mean we thought he was a different player. So you know, he goes through these stretches. Though I think sometimes people when they're in it, when he's in it, they're like, what's wrong with Nico's He relies on the ball finding holes. Sometimes he's not hitting the ball as hard. I think that he I'd say the bad luck has mostly been like the last week ish, He's looked a little bit better in the plate and he can't like he can't buy a hit now. So it went from there were a few weeks there where I was like, this is soft contact on the ground and that's why, like you need a ton of luck for that. But now he's starting to hit more line drives, and I feel like that last home stand, there were a lot of balls that he hit well that were just like good defensive plays or right ed guys, and that's the type of stuff that you hope Nico's pretty good about compartmentalizing and understanding, like that's how you know he relies on the ball in play finding grass. Even Bregman looks a little bit better, and I feel like the luck hasn't swung his way fully yet, but he needs to put the ball out of the park. He needs to hit the ball out of the park. And Dansby has been a mess, and I do feel like there have been glimpses, but it's such a short window. It's like three games now that we've seen some hard hit balls. You need a much longer stretch to feel like he's coming out of it. Because this has been I know he and Craig Council talks about this. He goes through these big swings where it's where it's like, oh, he looks lost. Is he on the downswing of his career? And then he gets on this huge stretch. But he was, you know, five days ago or whatever, he was hitting one seventy five. He was tied for the lowest batting average in baseball. Patrick, you know who he was tied with. He was tied with Manny Machado. Yeah, Manny Machado is having a really weird season where he's hitting for a really low average, but I think he leads the Padres and home runs very odd. I don't want to get into Padre's discussion, but yeah, so Dansby needs to get on a hot streak, like all these guys need to. I think when you look at how well Pete's doing, you just want a couple more guys to get hot. Like, if you have Pete swinging like he's swinging, if you have two other guys, especially if they're kind of bunched together in the lineup, that just makes all the you know, like that just makes all the hitting, with the scoring position, all those things feel a little bit less worrisome. You just have a few guys clicking get to the five six run mark, and they did that for the last three games, but the bullpen blew one of those games for them. But just the slightest bit of hope I see from this offense right now, it was three games. Need to do much better, need to put together, you know, stack some series here. But I'm seeing a little glimmer of hope from the offense I am. I just don't like, I know, I think when it lasts this long, the struggles, you need to it needs to be stacked before you buy back in. And that's how I'm feeling that I've trusted this offense. I believe that this offense is good. Now I need like I get it, like it. You know, when you have these slumps, it really makes you question everything about a group.
Speaker 2: When a corner Baseball reference, Nico is a one more player dansby one point five, Bregman had two. Uh So, clearly, like these guys haven't totally cratered. Like that's why the Cubs invested in them, because they have a pretty high floor and they're sort of I think scraping it now. I think, you know, all these guys, you know, get marked down just because of how much the Cups you have believed in them and bet on them, and how much we've heard about their leadership abilities. When you see the Cubs in a skid that goes on like to this extent, you sort of questioned some of that. I think, I mean, Bregman, you'll flat out said I've.
Speaker 3: Been terrible or whatever the quote was.
Speaker 2: He's been basically like league average as a hitter. I think you're you're right to out some of these other like star third basemen. You know how a lot of guys have struggled to get it going, but like this is why the Cubs signed him as this finishing piece. It's weird because like Bregman doesn't seem totally lost up there, like he is getting on bas like he's taking walks, he's getting singles, but obviously the big hits, the slug just haven't been there. Dansby weirdly started off with that power search that made you think, oh, maybe something's clicked and oh this is kind of Eco's game. Like you're saying, like, I'm not like super concerned, but it's also this is what the Cubs have said looking back on prior seasons, like do you get that like six win season from Nico or do you get like a three win season from Nico? And Dansby's kind of in that too, of like Dansby can be a six four player, but it's gonna be like a three based almost allly solely on defense.
Speaker 3: That all group, I don't know, C plus to D plus. I don't know.
Speaker 2: However, you know, if they have a good game tonight, maybe it's a C plus. It's like just certainly not havevid D plus seems a little a little harsh, yeah, given that they're not like negative contributors, but just the whole group is just like wanting more other than the infield we haven't talked about. And this is probably the way Michael Bush likes it. Slow start but very solid year. He's not getting paid like those others guys. Guys are either, so like just tremendous value, you know, probably a B plus and quietly becoming, you know, one of the best first baseman's in the majors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, right, And it gets back to what I was saying before about runners in scoring position. But I think a lot of those guys we've talked about are just having weird seasons and Eco, who people think of as like this clutch guy, no really rough season with runners in scoring positions, say is having a rough one. Bregman I think is a big Like Hap is struggling, I think in those situations, but Bregman's the big one because I feel like it's all like that's one of those ones where it's like just like find a hole once, Like he has not come through in those situations much at all, and it feels like they're a lot like they're stacking up as far as played appearances or runners that have been stranded, both him and Half. You want to see them come through and just just get a couple hits in those moments, in those moments, because the Cubs do, you provide a lot of those moments. So just a few more big hits, and it's the type of thing that can help swing swing a game and swing a season. Really, let's take a break and talk about the pitching when we come back.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Fandel Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing and FanDuel is giving you a chance to call your shot. With daily dingers joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for daily dingers, make your free pick on who's hitting a homer playball swing for the Fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount see terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem caller tex one eight hundred gambler.
Speaker 1: So with the pitching, Patrick, I don't know how I can give this group a passing grade. They've given up the most home runs in baseball if you want to give them a pass in the sense that the injuries have have are the reason that it's as bad as bad as it is. I understand that, but they like they they have been waylaid by injuries, and to suggest that they didn't prepare for it, I think would be unfair because they had a lot of depth entering the season and they have and it has hit them hard the number of injuries to both the rotation and the bullpen. But that's that's part of the game, and other teams suffer a lot of injuries too. Everyone reacts differently. Right now, I guess I would say the Cubs haven't like you could almost I think you said this in the first segment. You could almost make the argument that they they should be worse because of all the injuries, Like it's a little bit of a surprise that they that they have they're doing as well as they are, that they haven't completely sunk, like kind of like the Mets. But still I can't say, like, oh, give them a pass on this because they're just not doing well enough. And I think the bullpen in particular is where, you know, going against what I said, It's going to go all over the place, but it is what it is. The results are how I'm going to grade it on, and it hasn't been good enough. Well, I say the bullpen in particular, I think that's what I'm concerned about right now. But the numbers say the rotation is significantly worse. Rotation ERA is bottom five in Baseball home runs allowed, or largely like I think that it's the rotation that's given up the most. Bullpen is starting to add to that total.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: There have been some really big home runs lately from the bullpen, both in terms of costing them a game on Saturday, and then there was one recently where they shouldn't have had to go to their high leverage guys and guys couldn't get the job done middle eting guys and it made it too close, and they had suddenly a game on their hands and they had to bring in guys that they probably that council probably wanted to avoid. Uh. And that that adds up that that that that's a problem when you have guys that can't you know, that are walking guys or giving up long balls in the blowout game, and suddenly now you have to use your high leverage guys and those guys are becoming limited. Valencia is on the I L. Hunter. Harvey's barely pitched. You know, we've named all the names. There's there's a lot of guys that just aren't effective or or are on the shelf on both sides, both bullpen and rotation. It's a it's a tough group right now. Uh some quick updates. Matthew Boyd will be pitching with the team, the big League club. His next start, Edward Cabrera starts tonight. This is we're recording on what days today, Tuesday, And then jameson Tywne, I guess council said maybe before they're like maybe BEFO for the All Star break. This was just like he just kind of threw that in there yesterday when we talked to him before the game got called. Uh so that that's like the op I guess that would be the optimistic hope with Tyn that why does all that stuff matter? Like if you're not in love with the season jameson Tyne's having, which I understand he's given up way too many home runs, all that stuff, like it'll it'll beef up the bullpen at minimum, Like that's like you need some depth in the bullpen, you need innings like right now that you need to make sure you get through the season because eventually we'll start talking about trade deadline and stuff like that and coming upcoming episodes. But that's where that's where this focus is going to be over the next what do we got six weeks before the deadline. That's where the focus is. Pitching, pitching, pitching. I understand fans are frustrated and don't think this team is good enough. They're in the playoffs right now. You have to add, and you never know when you get hot. So if this offense turns around, you can you can build its wronger bullpen and suddenly you feel really good about the way things look in the second half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, just to underline, you know how impossible this situation has felt at times like you're probably given, you know, incomplete grades to Matthew Boyd. He's thrown twenty four innings this year, Kate Horton's thrown seven and the third innings this year justin seal zero innings thus far. Daniel Palencia three save opportunities, amazing, just kind of unbelievable. You had mentioned Hunter Harvey. Four appearances like these are you know, kind of bets the Cubs made, you know how this team was going to flourish this year, and there's just been way too many incomplete Edward Cabrera, you know, a negative war contributor thus far. I mean, just a really big disappointment. I know some of this is out of his control. He's had you know, some minor injuries here and there, but just and we've seen flashes of the stuff, but has not.
Speaker 3: Put it together the way the Cubs hoped for. I would say you got to give.
Speaker 2: An a probably to Ben Brown, although that his emergence has you know, weakened the bullpen. All this stuff we're talking about here is interconnected, like why is the bullpen bad? It's like, well, a bunch of relievers had to go into the rotation. Ryan Robson would be an exception to kind of the bullpen thing we were talking about at.
Speaker 3: The top of the show there about just how the bullpen's kind of mess. He's been a very pleasant surprise.
Speaker 2: And you know, I think SHOWEDA and Colin Ray have been in that like B B minus range. I know, like raised numbers, don't know, aren't always like outstanding, but he's always put in a difficult spot and he just bounces back and does his job quietly, without complaint, without any sort of fanfare.
Speaker 3: I think you like have not that on your team and you know, showed it.
Speaker 2: We've seen some stretches where he looks like an ace, but you know, he's He's had some really ugly outings. I think that's just kind of the show to experience, and I'm probably more optimistic than most, but I think over his next fifteen starts, I think you're going to see some some quality. And to be honest, it's not like the Cubs have many other options, and I think that's you know, kind of tying it back to how this episode started. Like just the lack of kind of homegrown pitching and just kind of young pitching to be able.
Speaker 3: To plug in as needed just hasn't quite been there.
Speaker 2: Again, they don't throw parades for you know, Baseball America rankings or anything like that, but you see when the team is stretched to this extent and the amount of just sort of like DFA churning, you know, random casts off, they're you know putting in like don't look at Triple A Iowa's kind of pitching logs. At least that's what we were told not that long ago. Like all that stuff adds up, but they still have another another half of the year to you know, prove us wrong, and you know, and they still I think this is something too too. You mentioned this before we started recording. Avoiding a Mets like scenario at the beginning of the year is very valuable to just kind of weather the storm, to just kind of keep pushing forward. There's a lot of value in that, and maybe the Cubs will will kind of capture that over the coming months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very curious to see what they do with the rotation when Boyd comes back in and for nothing else other than who do they think is the right Like I think one of those guys between Ray and Assad needs to go to the bullpen not be sent down, because the bullpen needs someone that can like do multiple innings. And Ray's what a weird season. I just looked at his numbers. I saw something that said he was like bottom five in ERA for eligible pictures and I was like, what I thought, He's been okay, but he's had enough blow up outings and really like there's this stretch before the Dodger or the Blue Jays game, basically starting with a Dodgers start, so a while ago, where's ERA was above six, Like he has just been bad to to like okay for the past couple of months. I did not. It didn't feel like that, And I think because they were so desperate for just like competent three run, five inning outings that it felt like that's a huge win when it's actually not that good of an era. But like it was like there have been some blow ups, absolutely, but I think you know you're gonna get that with Colin Ray. It happened last year where it's a certain point people were like they have to get him out of the rotation. Then he went on a run where he gave you like five six innings every start and get like no more than two three runs. And I think that's what you can kind of expect from him. It's not going to be perfect. He's a depth starter, and give expecting twenty five plus brilliant starts from him is just unfair. Curious to see how they how they fill out the bullpen. Two quick notes on bullpen arms. They've they've added a ton of guys. I've been asking around, anyone look good, anyone look interesting? And two guys are in I think they're both in Arizona. Bummer has ticked up at least one mile per hour, maybe two. I need to check my text to double check that, and then uh, Eduard Nielle Nunez who was in the CUB system years ago and made it to the majors with Pitts, I'd have to look that up. He's been with a couple of different oors. Yeah, he's been with a couple of different orgs since he's he was at like ninety six early in the season, so down for him when he's at his best. He's back up to ninety nine. Whatever was going on, they've they've helped him get back to there. I'm not saying like, hey, look for these guys to help the bullpen immediately and be really good. I just think like you need to start looking at arms that are like they they've cycled through so many guys, not at the big league level, but like in the minors, like adding guys to the forty man cycling through. Someone needs to pop. They need someone to pop. Maybe it's one of those guys, veteran Lanke Bummer. We'll see if someone can help. Because you're not going to make it through the season with is these guys. You know that, Like council tells us that every spring training, right, it's not going to be this group of eight then higher season. If it is like that, that's kind of weird, like it evolves, so you hope it evolves in a good way for the Cubs. That's like that they find someone and some of them are going to be surprises. Everyone's going to say, well, no, we want the obvious superstar. It doesn't work that way with the Bullpens. So well, we'll see if anyone steps up, if there's a maybe not quite a Brad Keller, but some better, better times ahead and some surprises that can kind of turn things for this group. All right, that's it from us, Thanks so much for listening. Make sure to rate review, subscribe to Northside Territory, subscribe to the YouTube channel, and subscribe to The Athletic or Patrick and I are on top of all things Cubs. Thanks for listening to everyone. Take care.
Speaker 2: I read it.
Speaker 1: They