Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by All State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking All State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode one sixty two What's Right with Nick Right? Please subscribe on YouTube, click the like button, do all of that as we continue to try to climb up the YouTube charts. Also Apple Spotify, wherever you listen to your podcast, subscribe there as well. Today's episode is brought to you by Starbucks Ready to Drink Coffee. Tune in to the moments that matter with the uplifting boost of Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino chilled coffee drink available now online or wherever you buy your groceries. As I take a quick sip, we have a special surprise for you today. We will unveil that surprise in a moment not quite yet. But before we do that, I must tell you what missed the cut on today's show. Here's what did not make the cut for today's show. Kyrie doing wide receiver drills. I can't wait for the tweet saying you know Kyrie is the most skilled football player of all time as well. Also, Cleveland defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz says we will lead the league in badass ory. That is not an advanced metric. And Big Poppy drops a hundred thousand dollars necklace in a sewer. I am being told it was then recovered by hotel staff. That is good. That would be devastating, so longtime viewers of this show. No, it initially was me and my oldest Demanse. When demand moved to LA he took a temporary leave of absence for the show and was replaced by my middle child, Diora, who has done a wonderful job. Doora has since graduated from high school and will be joining us throughout the summer until she goes off to college in California. However, we have had two other guests on the show guest co hosts. One was Lil Wayne and the other was my youngest Deanna, who did this once right around a year ago this week because it was right around her brother's birthday, which is coming up. Well today, Diora was otherwise occupied. I did not want to do the show by Myselfana said, you know what, Dad, all fill in, so Anna beart. Good to see you, my love. What are we starting with today?
Speaker 3: Okay, right after our last show, the Warriors trade Jordan.
Speaker 2: Pool for Chris Paul yep.
Speaker 3: Did go to State find the fresh shirt they needed or did they just trade their best young player for another guy Draymond does not get along with. Well.
Speaker 2: I think both are true. So listen, they had to get off Jordan Pool. And it's not just because he was unplayable in the postseason, but it's also because in Zach Low, to his credit, made this point a month ago, and I think it was a very smart one. They are going to ask Draymond Green. I don't know if it's necessarily to take a pay cut, but they don't want to give Draymond Green four years, one hundred and twenty million dollars. Why is that a noteworthy figure? That is the amount of money that Jordan Poole's contract was for, and so you can't ask Draymond Green to take less than You can't be doing that, Danna can't be It's too early in the show to be making fun of me. It's distracting. We gotta we're doing hardcore sports talk right now. If you're watching on YouTube, she was already mocking me. You can't ask Draymond Green to take less than four years, one twenty if Jordan Poole's on the team. So Jordan Poole had to be moved. Also, if you listen to Cameron and Mace's show, what they reported that Jordan Poole was saying to Draymond Green doesn't give him license to have punched him. But he hit him with some singers including why is your handle money? Green? If you're broke and so on and so forth. So that relationship was torched from beginning. So it is odd that they are bringing in Chris Paul in order to move off Jordan Poole. But Chris Paul obviously has a bit of a tortured relationship with the Warriors. Not just three years ago when Draymond went on Stack show Steven Jackson Show and said, I don't like Chris Paul, but as recently as this season, when Steph Curry said to Chris Paul, it ain't twenty fourteen anymore. So why did they do this? Well, there's the basketball reason and then there's the financial reason. The basketball reason is this Warriors team was not able to function when Steph Curry went to the bench, So now you have one of the best pure point guards of all time. He can fill in those minutes, So that makes sense. The non basketball reason is a financial reason. They wanted to move off Jordan Poole's money without tying themselves to long term money. Because if it was purely give us the best team possible for next season, you know who they pretty clearly could have gotten. It would appear Bradley Beal. Because Bradley Beal went to the Suns for Chris Paul and pick swaps and second rounders. They then traded Chris Paul to the Warriors for Jordan Poole. You could have cut out the middleman there and orchestrated a Jordan Pool Bradley Beal trade. And I understand that Beal maybe wanted the Sons. He had a no trade clause. I get that part of it, but I at least think that would have been plausible. You certainly could have gotten John Collins. You certainly there are other guys that were available that I think would have potentially helped the Warriors.
Speaker 3: More.
Speaker 2: What those guys didn't have was a contract that expires after this year, and with the very onerous new collective Bargaining agreement for the super high spending teams, the Warriors needed to get off Jordan Poole's money without adding long term commitments, but also with keeping this window open at least for right now. What does this mean for Draymond. I think he's gonna get a contract extension. I don't buy that he's going to the Kings. I do buy that his agent, Rich Paul will leverage the fact that the Kings have salary cap space now as a way to drive the price up for the Warriors on Draymond. But it looks like it's gonna be around on three years, around ninety million dollars for Draymond Green as they try to win one more title with the Draymond Steph Clay Corps. Now, last point on this, which is everybody thinks Chris Paul is gonna be coming off the bench, and I understand why they think that, because if you have Steph Clay Wiggins Draymond is have to start, You're not gonna have Draymond be your biggest guy. So Looney will be the other starter, and then Chris comes off the bench. Chris Paul started his entire high school career, his entire college career except for the game he was suspended for the first half for punching Julius Hodge in the groin, and has played one three hundred and sixty three NBA games. He has started all of them. So we are now asking Chris Paul to come off the bench, to play very limited minutes, which I think is good for him, and to essentially lay down his sword in the Steph rivalry. It's asking a lot of Chris Paul. We'll see how good he is with it. Right now, everyone's saying the right things, but we'll see. Deanna, you have a follow up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Are you sure you're done?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm done? Okay Uh.
Speaker 3: The follow up question is how about changed CP three's legacy if he wins a ring as a sixth man?
Speaker 2: So well, here's the thing. It helps it, but it's not. It is. This is complicated. So like Jason Kidd when he won his ring with Dallas, was a starter, but was obviously a lesser player. Gary Payton when he won his ring with the Heat was not a starter and was a far lesser player. The best thing for Chris Paul obviously would have if they won that finals against the Bucks. I felt he was the best player on that team. He got MVP votes that year. I thought he was league MVP that year. And this is a different situation, so it is not. I actually don't think it is a massive switch the way you know, Jokic going from a guy without a ring to winning the ring did obviously, even trying to think of another example of someone who late in their you know, this would be more noteworthy than Dwight's ring that he won with the Lakers, but it would not be the I don't know how to put this is gonna sound petty, but it would not be the exact way Chris wanted to win a ring. But my listen, two years ago, Chris Paul led the league in assists. Last year he was top five and assists he still has clearly win on the court, a very good player. What the reason I think this could be good for him is it gives him such a better chance to be healthy in the postseason because his minutes are going to be so down in the regular season. That is assuming he's good with that role. But it is a risky move by Golden State, but it is one that cleans up their books considerably, and that admits the Jordan Pool Draymond thing that Warrior fans were so annoyed with me last year because I kept harping on the fact that that broke the team before the season even started. It is them admitting, yeah, it was not a tenable situation. All right, next, Deanna, Uh what ron Daniel? Go ahead? Yep, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: You say Dan is getting is getting traded to Miami in the next few days.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Would a Dame Jimmy duo be enough to win a title?
Speaker 2: So? I think it absolutely would. Also, it should be noted that last night it was reported that Joe Cronin or it wasn't reported, Joe Cronin said, after meeting with Dame, our goal is, you know, to build a championship team around him. That's not possible. If Joe Cronin truly believes that, then he's not thinking he's not equipped for the job. I happen to believe he is just saying that, and that they are still going to trade Damian Lillard. This is these are diametrically opposed things keeping Damian Lillard at this point with the lack of cap flexibility and the age of their other potential future stars, they can't build a champion with thirty three year old Damian Lillard with four years, two hundred and thirteen million left on his deal. So everyone right now is saying that I don't think that is actually happening, and I don't think it should take Dame demanding a trade for the Blazers to do the right thing for their franchise. That now they can try to thread the needle on not knifing Dame in the back and sending him somewhere he doesn't want to be. He has made it clear he would be fine with Miami. Miami can and I've shown you guys the trade trade Tyler Hero, Caleb Martin Nikolajovich, Jacques Junior, who they just traded for the eighth they just drafted with the eighteenth overall pick and two future firsts. That's a decent haul for a six foot two inch thirty three year old with an average to fifty two million dollars a year fifty three million dollars a year left on his contract for four more years. And then you build around Scoot Shaden Sharp Simons, I suppose, and those picks and young players. That's what you do. And now, would a Dame Jimmy duo be enough to win the title? You bet your asset would be. Sorry, Deanna, a Dame Jimmy duo. The Miami Heat since Jimmy got to Miami lead the NBA in playoff victories, The Miami Heat, since Dame got to Miami, I'm sorry, Since Jimmy got to Miami lead the NBA in finals appearances. The Miami Heat, since Jimmy got to Miami lead the NBA in conference finals appearances. They are not miles away. They have been more successful since Jimmy got there than any team in the league other than the four teams that won titles, the Lakers, the Warriors, the Bucks, and the Nuggets. And by the way, they have been more consistent than any of those teams. But those teams obviously have been more successful because those teams have won the title. But Damian Lillard is the exact type of player they need, a dead eye shooter, shot maker, dominant scorer, and the Heat are the exact type of team Dame needs, which a team built of solid defenders that can offset his limitations on that end. It just makes sense. And a trio of Bam, Jimmy and Dame might not be the most talented trio in basketball, but a trio of those three fit together as well as any trio in the East, and I think any trio in the West outside of the one in Denver which just won the title with Jokiic's Jamal and I think the third best guy's Aaron Gordon. So to me, this is a trade that makes sense for Portland and it makes sense for Dame, and Dame doesn't have a no trade clause, and because of that, the Portland Trailblazers need to be the adults in the room and decide that this is what is right for their franchise and they need to turn the page. And even if Dame is not demanding it, it shouldn't take Dame demanding it for it to be what they do. All right, Deanna, what's next here? Huh yeah, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Auntie, Yes said the.
Speaker 2: Bills, you're skipping one. Let's do the Wimby one. Oh, go ahead, don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: You said that on TV Wimby would be a Hall of famer. M h and everyone thinks you're way too low on him.
Speaker 2: Yep, mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Is this level of hype going to be good or bad for him?
Speaker 2: So here's here's what I find so interesting about where we are with Wimby, because you're exactly right. I said on TV that I thought he would be an above average number one pick, which means he's going to be a Hall of Famer. It means you'll probably win a League MVP. And of all the people talking about him on television, I'm probably the lowest on it. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 2: An expectate he if he becomes a rich Man's Anthony Davis, people are gonna be disappointed by him. That is unfair. Yes, and I'm not gonna freak out about him missing those shots in the warm ups that everybody saw. And the reason I'm not gonna freak out about it is because I already knew he's not a good shooter. And that's where I think the media has done a disservice to the fans. The media has done a disservice to the fans because they have presented him as if he is this seven foot five kid that is a dead eye shooter. He is not. Now, he has good form and he shoots well from the free throw line, which gives you optimism he could become a very good shooter.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to interrupt. He's seven foot five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why everybody loves him. What Yeah, he's seven foot five. Who Victor Windin Yama, This nineteen year old French kid. That's why he's the number one pick of the draft. That's why everyone loves him.
Speaker 3: Is he in college?
Speaker 2: Well, no, he's from France. He just got drafted by the Spurs.
Speaker 3: What what teams he on?
Speaker 2: No, he's going to be on the Spurs. But he didn't play again Slatan France San Antonio. So he he has some of the building blocks that you feel could make him a good shooter. But two years ago for his team, he shot twenty eight percent from three, and last year he shot twenty seven percent from three, And so this idea that whoa. He can shoot over everybody. He's always been able to shoot over everybody. He has not been a good range shooter. Now do I think he'll improve? Of course, I think he'll improve. Scoot is not a good range shooter either, and scoots a foot plus shorter than him. I get that. But people are not calling Scoot Henderson a guy that's gonna be League MVPN three years, the greatest prospect in American sports history, and it is. I made this point on the podcast last week. I'm gonna make it again. The most. He is receiving more hype than any player we've seen since Lebron, And even though Lebron handled it as well as anyone we've ever seen handle that level of hype, it got to him in those twenty eleven finals. You could see and feel it crushing him. And we're setting Wimby up for something similar. And the fact that I could go on TV and say I think his rookie year he'll average nineteen points eight rebounds and lead the league in blocks and people say I'm too low on him is all the evidence you need that we've gone crazy on the expectation for this kid. Wilds on TV said he thinks he's going to duplicate Shack's rookie season. I strongly disagree with that. Shack had a year of college basketball, and Shack's body was NBA ready, So I just I'm excited to watch him. But I really hope that we're fair to this kid, because it does not feel to me like we are going to be and that is going to put a burden on him. That is unrealistic. The best guy straight out of college ever or straight into the league was Kareem, but Kareem had four years at UCLA. Duncan would be next, probably he had four years at Wake Forest. Shaq and Lebron would be Bird and Magic obviously as well. But birded four years at college. Magic only had one, So I guess maybe that's the that's the hope. But Magic had an NBA body, and I know that Wimby has. You know, he's gonna be the tallest player in the league, and I think defensively he will instantly be dominant. I do believe that, But offensively he's a work in progress, and I think people need to prepare themselves for it. All right, last, Diana, go ahead, We're on the AFC East.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, I know we're on.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, last time you didn't you started this one? He did the wimby.
Speaker 3: Thing er I think up on my apad that says undue trash or leave me alone.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, go ahead?
Speaker 3: Uh On TV, you said the Bills have the most pressure on them this year. Yeah, through sad, Yeah said it was the Jets. Yep, which AFC East team is most likely to be playing for a championship and which one is most likely to be looking for a new quarterback? Don't take a long time this time, because each each response has been taking about seven minutes.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're right, I mean we are now. We are now in overtime. So I do not feel like this. There is overwhelming pressure on the Jets to not be a disaster. But if the Jets go twelve and five, win the division, and lose in the AFC Championship game, it is the second most successful season in the history of their franchise. It's a great year. Oh if the Bills do that exact thing, it's a disappointment. And so there is inherently more pressure on Buffalo than anyone. There is real concern that the Bills missed their window, and now that window can reopen at some point, but that their best chance to win was the twenty twenty or twenty twenty one seasons, and in twenty twenty, the Chiefs dog walked them in the AFC title game. In twenty twenty one, they blew a lead to the Chiefs in Round two, and then last year they were the most hyped non Super Bowl defending Super Bowl champion I've ever seen, and they got blown out in a round two home playoff game after almost losing to a third string quarter back in Miami. And so it there is, And then there's the whole digs Allen drama and the fact that Sean McDermott is going to be head coach and defensive coordinator this year. There's a lot writing on this season in Buffalo. And so if I were to talk about the teams under the most pressure to improve on where they were last year, yes, the Jets are in her massive pressure to improve, but to win a championship. I think there is no one under more pressure than Buffalo. What are you doing, Deanna? What are you doing? Talk? Oh you're saying I went too long? All right, take a quick break, come back, play a game What's Right?
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robless, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Juelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back in and guys, let me tell you something. So my life moves fast, as you guys probably know. I've got two shows. I've got kids, you know, some of which are all of which you've gotten to know over the course of the podcast. And some days I'm dragging and I could use a pick me up. Starbucks ready to drink coffee delivers that uplifting boost that helps you tune into the moments that matter wherever you are. Bless You, Baby Bottled Frappuccino chilled coffee drink is inspired by Starbucks Cafe Favorites and comes in four delicious flavors, Mocha, vanilla, caramel, which I'm drying right now, and coffee flavored. Of course, I like to start my day with some type of coffee, especially when I'm recording a new episode of What's Right. My go to is Starbucks ready to drink coffee for that uplifting boost I need to conquer the day. And there's a wide range of Starbucks ready to drink coffee drinks. Whether you want to grab one of the Starbucks frappuccino chilled coffee drinks like this one, or a Nitro cold brew. There's so many good choices for whatever mood you're in. Starbucks Coffee ready for right now. Shop the full lineup online or in stores wherever you buy your groceries. All right, this is episode one sixty two. It's time for a game hold on. But I should remind you guys. You guys can in the chat on YouTube writing questions or comments if you for our c block or our segment after this, I or Deanna will answer the questions. You can ask questions for Deanna that I will ask her. You can ask her questions if you'd like, or you can keep it just as sports and ask me stuff. Deanna, how do you think you did that first segment?
Speaker 3: I did really good. I think that you have to I think that you have to minimize the talking.
Speaker 2: Well, that's literally the purpose of the show.
Speaker 3: No, but you went a lot over time, and that took a lot of time away from this segment.
Speaker 2: Well, the show we can go as long as we want. Well, did it take a lot of time away from this segment or do you feel it took time away from when you could be talking?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't say that, but you.
Speaker 2: Seem to be. Do you feel like you got enough time to talk in that segment or you should have had a little more.
Speaker 3: I think I should have more. You wouldn't let me say anything because when I was trying to say something new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's yeah, because you know you're not as you didn't know who Victor Winmnyama was, So how could you be? You were shocked seven foot five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so was Sissy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so she listen. That's that's fine, I think, Deanna. I'll give you on a scale of one to ten, I'll give you an eight point two for that segment. Pretty good.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, you're gonna get more embarrassed as saying because you gave me eight point two.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine. What game are we playing?
Speaker 3: We are playing writ ins.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead. Kevin Durant look at the screen to me as a kid demands, is a tea shirt? All right? Go ahead? What's the question?
Speaker 3: I want everybody to focus on that picture and remember it. Take a screenshot with your phone.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Kevin Durant joined the Twitter space over the weekend called Kevin Durant is not top five? It's five to debate a bunch of fans. You're Katie's social media manage. Yeah, your advice.
Speaker 2: Is to change nothing at this point. Ever since Durrant got rid of the burners and is just fully in the fact that he is super online and will argue with randoms and join some jokers Twitter space to argue that he is top five. I love it. I mean I think he is. He has become one of the more authentic superstars we have in all of sports. Also, I didn't live tune into this space, but I saw some of the clips that were floating around Twitter. I love the fact that Durant immediately gets these guys to lay down their swords. I love the fact that these guys fold their hands the moment he pushes back on them. Now, can you make a strong argument that Katie's not top five? Of course you can't at this point in his career, because guys that we yokichinianis are unquestionably better than him. It's just no undeniable. It is hard to argue right now that he is better than Steph. Now we're at three, and then there is the tricky question of is he even better than Devin Booker. I think so, that's his teammate. Others would say no, is he better than Lebron? I don't think so, and he'd be like, oh, Lebron's hurt all the time. Lebron plays more than Durant. Is he better than Luca? That's at least an argument. Jason Tatum, Well, the last time they played in the playoff series, Tatum seems swept him. So listen, do I think Durant's I didn't even mention Embiid because Embiids right now, despite winning MVP Stock is you know, taking a massive hit because of the playoffs. Do I think Durant's top five. I do. Actually, I think currently the five guys you would most want want in a playoff series are and I'm not ranking them in order, but the five are Jokic, Giannis, Steph, Durant, and Lebron. But you can make an argument he's outside of that group. But these guys were making it. Then Durant pushed back on him and they they they just immediate were like, okay, Katie, what's up, Dana. You wanted to say something.
Speaker 3: You sort of sort of took what I was gonna say. But I'm gonna, yeah, go ahead, sort of fish it. Yeah, the top five, I agree with you. Yeah, but can I rank them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sure? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Lebron is first sometimes.
Speaker 2: Sure, sometimes, but he can't do it all the time anymore. But go ahead.
Speaker 3: That's why I said sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good okay. Number two.
Speaker 3: Number two I would think is either Yogic.
Speaker 2: Or Steph Okay, So that's two three, and then there's Giannis and.
Speaker 3: Durant, and then I think it would be Yannis and then Kevin Durritt.
Speaker 2: I gotta say that's not a bad ranking, Dianna. I think you're underrating Giannis a bit. But that's not a bad ranking, that's pretty good. And I like the fact that I've instilled in you to put Lebron number one no matter what. All right, Deanna, what's next?
Speaker 3: Uh? Okay next? Some of the best in college basketball players went undrafted, yeah, ken, including including the National Player of the Year and the Final Four's most outstanding player. To fix college basketball and c A must.
Speaker 2: Do nothing, guys, it's okay that, oh, well, I understand this and change nothing and then nothing. I don't. It's okay that what makes someone a great college basketball player is not necessarily what the NBA is looking for. It's okay that it's different skill sets. And it's okay that a player like Drew Timmy can be awesome in college basketball and not looked at as a great future pro. We're used to that in college football. We're used to guys being potentially great college quarterbacks who we don't think are going to be pro quarterbacks at all. I mean is thirty years ago, but a guy in Charlie Ward won the Heisman Trophy playing college quarterback and then had to go play basketball because no one in the NFL wanted him to play quarterback. Now, so I don't look at that as a problem with college basketball. The problem with college basketball is it, I don't want to say the problem. What I think college basketball needs to figure out is how to make sure the majority of guys who are playing college basketball want to play college basketball and are not simply using it as a vehicle to get to the NBA. And then you can have more teams that stick around together for two, three, four years, you get to know them, and you can have great college teams. Once again, the forcing guys to go to college via the one and done rule, I think has had the opposite effect that people hoped it would have on the college game, because, yeah, you are getting more talent in the college game, but it's there for such a short period of time. There's no continuity. You can't have long standing rivalries, all of that stuff. So if we had more Drew Timmy's guys that are not going to be necessarily NBA players at all, but you get to know them over the course of their college career, that would be good for college basketball. But it is not an inherent problem that great college players are not necessarily sought after in the NBA draft. All right, Next, Deanna, Next thing, is the Dennis Rodman question, Oh you knew, Sorry, my bad, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Dennis Rodman said, if Larry Bird played today, he'd be in Europe and that yo kid is way better than Bird was. Your offensive Rodman is, I'm gonna guess nothing, but like no, my.
Speaker 2: Defensive Rodman, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. It's just it's undeniable. How dumb this is? Okay, Larry Bird would be able to play in any era. Now, will Jokic one day as a higher ranked player than byrd I'd say that's very unlikely, but it's not impossible. But Bird came into the league and his first nine years in the league was first team All NBA. The idea that that guy, now, thirty years after he retired, wouldn't be able to play in the league, it's just it just shows a total lack of understanding of birds basketball acumen IQ passing ability, and one could argue, with the emphasis on three point shooting that Bird would be a more dominant offensive player. You can already make the argument Bird's one of the five greatest passers of all time, and he came into the league in the eighties pre expansion, when the ABA had folded and the NBA was totally stacked. And this is how Bird's first nine years before his back went out, how he finished an MVP voting fourth, second, second, second, first, first, first, third, second. That's good, It's unbelievable. So it's unbelievable. So his rookie year he was fourth in MVP voting. His next six years he had finished second three straight times, and then first three straight times, and then the next two years finished third and second. You don't need to clap for him, but that's very nice of you. He is one of the best rebounding forwards ever, was the best shooter of his generation and is one of the best. I think only Lebron's been a better passing forward than him. So of course he wouldn't be playing in Europe. And of course it's a ridiculous, ridiculous opinion. All right, Next, uh the uh.
Speaker 3: Producer? How do you know my script?
Speaker 2: I know everything about this show. I you know I'm running the whole thing. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Producer Daniel appeared on air last week. Then he then was spotted on the subway going the wrong direction by listeners. Zach Bromfield, Yep, your relationship with the producer Daniel. Is is that your script on your computer?
Speaker 2: I don't have a script. I do everything off the top of my head. I'm just following along on your script. But my relationship with producer Daniel is better than ever. And this is an unbelievable story. So if you weren't watching last week's podcast, producer Daniel was in from La came on the show, stopped by, and he and I got to meet in person. I don't know if I did or didn't apologize for my mean comments about him on the air during the NBA Finals and Western Armor's Finals, but I think he and I repaired our relationship. He then was on the subway and Zach Bromfield, a listener or viewer of the show. I don't think he had seen him because the email Zach sent. I'm gonna read you guys, the email Zach sent to us because it's pretty unbelievable. Uh, let me find it real quick. Where is our group chat? There? It is? So the email Zach sent reads his following. While I was taking the subway home from work last Thursday, I spotted Anikola Jokic sweatshirt on my subway car. I want okay, so he did watch. I watched your show earlier that day and saw producer Daniels sporting the same sweater. I figured there could be only one person in New York City with that distinctive sweater. I decided to approach him and say hello. Daniel and I discussed the show as nuggets and a mutual friend we have. As we're pulling up to the next stop, Dan goes time to ask the embarrassing question, is this train going uptown or downtown. I let him know the train was going downtown. I could see the embarrassment come across the space. We took a quick picture, and I directed him to the other side of the platform where the uptown train was. While producer Daniel can proudly boast about a nugget, you can tease him about taking the subway in the wrong direction. So thank you for that, Zach. I love the fact that producer Daniel's getting recognized on New York City subways. I also love the fact that Daniel, once taking the subway, once he started taking the subway in the right direction, then missed his stop and ended up forty minutes out of his way. All of this was a delightful story, and I hope he had a great trip to New York.
Speaker 3: All right, last one, Deanna, Okay, I'm gonna answer this one.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, you got it. Where's your iPad screwing you up? Oh it's not opening it all right, just read it off, read it off my computer. It's the last one about Demanza. I okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Demand tweeted that he's gonna make a criminal amount of money being betting on sites this year.
Speaker 2: But yeah, on betting sites, betting on sports yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in reality, demondsey Will.
Speaker 2: What's the answer in your opinion, demands Will?
Speaker 3: What? I don't think a criminal amount of money, but I think he will make money and lose money. I think all together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think at the beginning of the year, yeah, he'll win a lot of money. But then I think around in the middle, he's gonna lose a lot. Yeah, but that I think at the end he's gonna win some money.
Speaker 2: So you think he's gonna end up a net winner ahead, win more than he.
Speaker 3: Loses, win a little bit, winning that.
Speaker 2: Would be a huge win. I you know this. This tweet was about his concerning of any tweet as I've ever seen him send him just tweeting randomly in the middle of summer. Can we put it back on the screen at ten o'clock at night? Him just you know, fantasizing about the amount of money he is or isn't gonna win. That is not a great sign.
Speaker 3: And can I call something out right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wait, who just I'm not gonna say what I think because it's not like I can't say it because I'm a kid. I can't say it. But I think that night he went to like a party or something, and then.
Speaker 2: He had a couple of drinks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I thought. I was gonna say, like he got drunk and then came home and it was like, I'm just gonna I'm just gonna tweet this because well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think that's what it was, because Demands has been really grinding at work in LA, so I don't think he's been partying much.
Speaker 3: But I think I think I know my brother, Yeah, I know my brother pretty good.
Speaker 2: You think he'd had a few adult beverages and then was fantasizing about sports betting. I've created a monster. We answer your questions live in the chat.
Speaker 3: Call me.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be happy with you. We do all that. Next What's Right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in What's Right with the Great Episode one sixty two. My youngest Deanna Uh filling in for her big sister Diora, who has been filling in for the last couple of months for her big brother demanse uh. And by the way, for our producers, if we get more questions or comments during the sea block that you guys want to throw in the doc, h, We've got a little time here so we can maybe answer a few more. Kabeb Goat and Eric Capaero Deanna, they say, uh. Eric says Diana's the best co host you've had, and Kabib says she's by far the best co hosts makes the show far more entertaining.
Speaker 3: Okay, demands and Diora, if you hear this just didn't come from me, but I am gonna brag about this to Sissy when I get home. When she gets home, can say that.
Speaker 2: Sebastian Carascillo, apologies if I'm mispronouncing your name. Sebastian says, Deanna, what's the worst habit your dad has?
Speaker 3: Well, there's a lot, but it's probably smoking because I wait, no, don't say anything, uh, because I've told him to stop many times. Wait. I have a story. Once we were in I don't know where we were, but it was a vacation, and and I woke up and me and my dad, I think, were the only people on a certain floor and I caught and I caught him smoking, and he says he wouldn't do it anymore. And then he said he pulled me over and said, Deanna, you better not say this to your sister and sister and your and your mom. And I didn't. And still I still didn't because they don't watch this, okay, And so and then my papa was here and my dad smoked like four that night. That was no. No, no, I was in wine.
Speaker 2: We were smoking cigars.
Speaker 3: No, how men bond, No, it's not not certain. Sure it's how men bond, but not with their dad.
Speaker 2: Well he's okay, all right, Listen, it's a lifelong struggle. I don't I don't smoke nearly as much as I used to. It's on the rare occasion. But that's fair. Mark Pasqual asks me, aside from Dame in Miami, what other move could make a team become an instant contender. Well, obviously Damed of Philly. I mean, there's a lot of would and they're already a contender, but that would up that. As far as teams right now that are not contenders that could become one, I am. I'm not a fan of this player, but I'm interested if Karl Anthony Towns gets moved. I don't listen. I don't believe in Karl Anthony town Sorry, but the maybe it's a Minnesota problem and not a town's problem. He's been there a long time. I think Dame is likely the only real needle mover that would be on that is likely to be on the move this summer. Joe asks Deanna, do you think it's cool your dad's on TV?
Speaker 3: It's cool, It's cool, but sometimes very annoying.
Speaker 2: Why what's annoying?
Speaker 3: The cool part is that like when we're playing never Have I Ever? Like once in Robots, we were playing never Have I Ever? And then the question was have you ever met a famous person? And my friend was and I said yeah. My friend was like, who'd you mean? And I said my dad? And then but the part that I really don't like is that every time I'm trying to hang out with him. He I don't think if he's walking in New York, I don't think there's a day where he would go without somebody saying to him, Hi, what's up? It's Nick right?
Speaker 2: But that.
Speaker 3: Bothers you, yes, because you take a full selfie with them, and it's like it's annoying because I just try and say hi and they completely agnored me. And also also Mommy said the other day, what oh when you and since you were at the dinner yesterday, that if somebody says, oh, is that Nick right? Since you she said, no, it's not. And that's what I'm gonna do next time somebody says that, I'm gonna yes, it's someone else. Yeah, I'm gonna say alike, okay.
Speaker 2: Padrino Q asks me any advice raising kids who are uniquely different in different stages of their lives. How do you manage your ambition to make time to be present for their ambitions or These are two very different questions. The first one is raising kids who are in different stages of their lives. I man, that's really hard, and it is like, I don't listen. Parenting is difficult. I can't imagine how difficult it is to have if you have three kids that are in similar ages, because then you're dealing with toddlers at the same time. We have friends, good friends of the family that own the ice cream shop next door. No, I don't want to say their names, h but and they have won three amazing children. But their age is.
Speaker 3: What five, five seven and ten?
Speaker 2: Five seven and ten.
Speaker 3: So that's really hard because I've been to their house and there's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: It's just hard. It's just hard having three young children the same time, and then eventually they're gonna have three teenagers at the same time. All of that.
Speaker 3: But the problem I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to You're fine, baby, I wasn't.
Speaker 3: Talking about them anymore.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: But the problem with having spaced out is that's more years of parenting.
Speaker 2: Well, I there is that, but it's also like your kids just have different needs and you want to help all of them. Yeah, and so that listen, there is no right, I don't. I try not to be in the habit of judging anyone's parenting. We're all or almost all of us, I should say, are just doing our best. There is no handbook for it. Most well, there's some parents that just don't care, you know what I mean. But the vast majority of us are just doing our best and trying not to screw our kids up. But it's hard. How do you manage your ambition and make time to be present for their ambitions? I struggle with that. Yeah, go ahead, rock you.
Speaker 3: Do, and I it's hard. Something that's not just with you, though it's with mommy. It's it's literally with everybody older than me in this house. What that was like when I say I want to do something with them, I don't want to do that. Like they get to say on everything and I get nothing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you get nothing, but you are the.
Speaker 3: Again like one per se.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have the smallest voting share, but it is Listen, that part's hard, and it's like you're weighing it, Like I want to provide the best life. I've talked about this on the show Force, so I have to go at length at it. You want to provide the best life and opportunities and safety and security for your family, but also I you know, it's not like I do my job purely for my family. I do it because I love it and it's my dream. But you also want to balance it with theirs. So that part is, you know, it's very difficult and there are certain trade offs. Like Deanna was Charlotte in Charlotte's Web. Yeah, it was only there was only when she was she was also Annie in Annie. Well that what I wouldn't have missed for anything that was like the big school play.
Speaker 3: She didn't watch that, I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: And you got cast for the lead Charlotte and Charlotte's Web was your act drama class. And they had one performance and it was four o'clock on a weekday, and I just I, you know, I guessed that I have on the on mommy's phone. I haven't seen the they right, Well, the school, let's set that side. The school has emailed out the full link. I think they forgot to. But you know, that was a choice I made. It was during the NBA finals. Am I gonna miss a whole show? Or am I gonna miss Deanna's thing? And I made that. You know, I think I made the right choice. But it's a hard choice. So that stuffs hard. It's just flatly hard. Uh Uh. This is a much easier question, Nick, what's better bone in wings or bone out wings? But it's obviously bone in wings, wings with bones on them. Yeah, it's either like chicken wings or like what I would consider chicken nuggets or chicken tenders, or well, like the.
Speaker 3: Bone with bones on them. Is there any more questions for me?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sorry, Deanna? Do you want to follow in your dad's footsteps? Or now do something else?
Speaker 3: I should know?
Speaker 2: What do you want to do? I mean, I know, but tell the audience and use your don't don't go to your baby voice, use your adult voice.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, No, it's strong.
Speaker 2: No, you don't want to do sports stuff. What do you want to do?
Speaker 3: I want to be an actress, right like your sister. Not because of my sister, though.
Speaker 2: I understand maybe my dreams. I'm not spitting on your dreams. I support them. I think you're wildly talented. I do think you were inspired as a very very.
Speaker 3: Very well you wanted to be an actor.
Speaker 2: You think it just came naturally to you. I think you might be right. You're a very talented performer. You're a very very You and de Or are both very talented performers. And I think, I mean, listen, you, you were the youngest person or the second youngest person that was auditioning for any role in Annie, and you got Annie, and then they cast you as Charlotte's Web is Charlotte and Charlotte's Web without an audition?
Speaker 3: Can I say something about Annie?
Speaker 2: Sure? Is it gonna? Are you gonna regret saying it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I I also at the beginning of the at the point where Annie was going on, it was it was also my first year at the at the school. Mister B. Youre probably watching this right now. I'm okay with you hearing this. It was a very hard time from you that point. Yeah, because not that many people like liked me.
Speaker 2: Well, you were new, you were new, Yes, go ahead. Sorry.
Speaker 3: And then when I got it.
Speaker 2: It like.
Speaker 3: Literally I was sobbing. I know, I was so happy. And then I came to school that day so happy. So I came into my playgroup. Everybody started clapping, and I just.
Speaker 2: What was the mister b part of it?
Speaker 3: It was about my.
Speaker 2: School and oh, you were saying, mister Bee's probably watching even though he's a Raiders fan, He's probably watching. Deanna. You did wonderfully. I'm very proud of you. You will do it again this summer. This was episode one sixty two. We will be back on.
Speaker 3: There's no more question.
Speaker 2: No, we're done. The last one is well, there's one more comment. Lloyd rob Otham Robotham says Deanna is built different. She might be the coolest kid her age. So there you go. That's nice one to end on. All right, we'll talk to you guys on Thursday. What's right. Bye,