Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Welcome to your brand new Second Date podcast, and we got one for you today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we love you here.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for subscribing and sticking along with us. In fact, we love your comments so much. We always like to start the show by reading one we do.
Speaker 3: And Terry Fowler from a Reno, Nevada said, I've been listening for two years now daily and listener, I just wanted to say my dog Lee, I just had nine puppies this morning.
Speaker 4: I'm so grateful. Name one after one of the members of the show.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, we do.
Speaker 1: Everybody on the show good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you don't want to waste like all those names. You choose one.
Speaker 1: You just want Jose one Jose.
Speaker 4: Literally, no one wants the name of all.
Speaker 2: Hey. That congratulations. I'd be in a new Would that be a doggy grandma? Is that how that works? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, we love it, I guess Yeah.
Speaker 2: And uh, hey, I hope all the little puppies enjoy this episode of your second Day podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it starts right now.
Speaker 4: Second Date up Date.
Speaker 5: When your date plans change at the very last second, not by your choice, but because of like an unforeseen obstacle with the venue, like the baseball game got rained out.
Speaker 4: The KFC ran out of Chicken. That doesn't happen. What's your movie?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: How do you respond?
Speaker 5: You could instantly give up right there and say, no, I'm not doing this. I'll FaceTime you from my bubble bath, but I don't pivot on the fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be flexible, Jeff, be spontaneous.
Speaker 4: That is the other option.
Speaker 5: Shake it up, do something new, And apparently that's what one of our listeners, Sierra, had to do recently on her date. And I'm curious what that looked like. So Sierra, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 1: You sound like go with a flow type of person.
Speaker 4: I sound like a baseball the rain kind of lady. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: Sorry to hear that your date plans crash, But tell us what happened.
Speaker 7: So I met this guy, Ashwyn on a dating app.
Speaker 1: Oh, he sounds fancy and rich. His name is Ashwyn.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to spell that.
Speaker 7: Yes, not gonna lie. The name intrigued me. But what I really liked the most was he was funny, which is so important, but he was also playful, like he was kind of saucy. But not disrespectful, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean a little bit but like totally joking. Yes, like talking to your grandpa.
Speaker 5: But sixty years ago, everybody has a grumpy grandpa who likes to poke fun at them, right, grumpy?
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, it's like he's not an old man.
Speaker 6: He's flirty.
Speaker 4: His name is Ashwyn. He sounds like.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got us there, Jeff, But the rests.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well we all have different images of what Ashwyn is.
Speaker 4: But what was the plan for the date?
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I'm happy to say that wasn't my first impression. I liked him. I liked him enough to uh say yes to a date with him, and I think that he was kind of trying to impress me, which obviously is fine with me. Like he had made rooftop bar reservations at this like trendy place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a rooftop bar. That's like not cool.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you like you put him in a basement, not a but on a roof. It means something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so you sound like you're excited to get some rooftop drinks.
Speaker 7: Oh I was so excited. I love this kind of thing. And he seemed exactly like his profile. He was super cute, super nice, funny everything that I was hoping. We go up the elevator and the guy at the door said he was so sorry, but the whole place was closed for like some kind of a cryptocurrency event.
Speaker 4: Oh god, the crypto thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, people who could afford to rent out an entire money.
Speaker 2: I just picture a bunch of dudes with receding hairlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, telling each other the same thing popper vests.
Speaker 5: Yeah, careful, you're turning a Lexus on. Oh no, but that's what a bummer. Your whole playing for the night just got totally ruined.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it was really disappointing, and I could see the Ashman looked so disappointed, like, you know, that.
Speaker 4: Shows you he was excited for the day too. So what did you do?
Speaker 7: So I just said, screw it, let's take a walk. I'm not wearing the greatest shoes for it, but I just really wanted to spend time with him at that point. So we walked down the street and we walked and talked for a while, and we just kind of ended up at this old like it was just like a diner, like a normal you know, Okay, Okay, it wasn't like a cute like, oh, we're trying to be retro diner. It looked like it had just been there for like seventy years.
Speaker 4: Waffle house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the grease trap hasn't been kun in at least two years.
Speaker 7: But that's what makes the fries taste so good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, we're putting a lot of emphasis on like the location of the day, But what about the bond, the connection between you and Ashwyd Did that change once you ended up at the crappy diner?
Speaker 7: No, I mean it was honestly, it was kind of perfect. Like we were sitting there eating cheese fries and drinking milkshakes in our formal clothes and just talking.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: And probably because the plans had changed and we were thrown in the situation, we ended up having just the greatest, most real conversation.
Speaker 2: That's such a good sign for anyone. If you can be anywhere with someone and still have a good time, that means that you actually have a real connection.
Speaker 7: Yes, and after our plans felt through, you know, like it just felt so good, It felt so comfortable talking to him. We've talked for hours.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, how could he not become.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, how did this night end?
Speaker 7: Well? Okay, so one thing led to another. He kissed me good night, and he did, of course end up at his place.
Speaker 5: Really post chili cheese fries, you guys went back to this point.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm telling you I felt very comfortable with him, and apparently I didn't leave till the next morning, impact, which is unusual for me.
Speaker 1: But what did he say? Was he there when you woke up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, he was just his sweet, playful SELFI give me a little kiss on the nose, which I thought was adorable and okay.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't even awkward the next morning, Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: It makes me wonder if it was like one of those typical guy things where it wasn't enough of a challenge and it became too easy, so the guy gets bored.
Speaker 2: He doesn't sound like a guy that is like that, though, Jeff, this sounds like they never broken until they But it sounds like they were just vibing on a deeper level than that. If he just wanted to get in her pants and that's all he wanted, or he was disappointed in they could have gone anywhere and just gone and drank and then gone back to replace it.
Speaker 4: Sounds exactly like what they did.
Speaker 2: Oh, they would to a diner, they talked for hours, they walked the city like that is a totally different thing.
Speaker 5: Maybe he knew that crypto event was happening and this was all set up as like a little ruse to be like, look.
Speaker 4: At me, Look how spontaneous I could be. Let's go back to my class.
Speaker 1: You are so cynical against men right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just telling you this. I've heard guys do stuff like this and sometimes even worse.
Speaker 2: I know, I still want to think for the best, Jeff, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: All right, Well you can be naive if you want, but let's call Ashwin and we'll see what he has to say.
Speaker 4: With your second date update right after this hold on second date update. Wow, another first date blown.
Speaker 5: Up by a pod of crypto bros. Every single week we deal with this because our listener, Sierra was supposed to meet a guy named Ashwin at a rooftop bar, but of course, when they arrived, the entire venue had been rented it out by a bunch of crypto nerds over yield farms and stabilizing their coin pools.
Speaker 4: Whatever they like to talk about. Look at these candlesticks popping. All right, I've done a little training. You don't even know what that means, but it disgusts me.
Speaker 1: No wonder, I don't enjoy any of it.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing. Sierra and Ashwin didn't let that kill their night. They actually swung it into a really fun evening at a local diner, which eventually led into a sleepover.
Speaker 1: Sounds so sweet.
Speaker 5: It did, until Ashwyn is suddenly not calling her back.
Speaker 1: Dude, he kissed her on the nose for goodness sake.
Speaker 5: Like that is a romantic.
Speaker 2: Moyah, Like that's a I really.
Speaker 1: Like you move?
Speaker 7: Is there another way to read that?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so sweet, and you've reached out to him, or you haven't.
Speaker 1: You're just waiting to hear from him.
Speaker 7: This was what was so weird. We texted a little bit after that, but he just I got the vibes that he was not interested.
Speaker 4: Even through texts. Yeah, you feel that energy ship for sure.
Speaker 1: I hope it's one of those where he's just scared of real love.
Speaker 5: It's not stupid, but sometimes, like you had said, I'll do no challenge, like.
Speaker 6: If it's too easy, and everything is great.
Speaker 4: Sometimes people don't like to be in that space. I don't know.
Speaker 5: We'll see which category Ashwin falls into if we're able to get him on the phone.
Speaker 4: Number right now, perfect categories. Yeah, yeah, we're praying for a Disney ending.
Speaker 1: Getting her another nose kiss, jeff.
Speaker 4: What a promise. So here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hey is this Ashwin?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hey, man, thanks for answering. You're on a radio show right now. It's called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning, Welcome to the show. Ashwin. Hi, it sounds like you might be busy or something right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I hope you have a second to talk to us because we're doing a segment called a second Date update.
Speaker 6: Sure this is weird, Okay, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Give him a lot of credit.
Speaker 5: So the reason that we're calling is because you went out on a date recently with a listener to our show, a woman named Sierra.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, you mean he lost a nice.
Speaker 5: So here's the thing, Sierra. We talked to her and she told us about your hang the other night.
Speaker 1: The diner sounded so cute.
Speaker 4: It sounded pretty good.
Speaker 5: Despite all the obstacles that came up, you two were able to have a really good thing.
Speaker 4: Would you agree with that?
Speaker 6: I mean, we we did. It was probably one of the most amazing dates I've ever been on.
Speaker 4: What heck, bro, why aren't you call it?
Speaker 5: Or we're all over here waiting to find like this crazy reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so sweet.
Speaker 5: Sorry to be so emotional about it, but it's just that, you know, Sierra is really confused.
Speaker 6: It's just kind of embarrassing for you or for Sierra. For me.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, if it's too much to share.
Speaker 4: You should do it anyway, because.
Speaker 1: I don't want to pressure anybody, you.
Speaker 5: Know, and Sierra really deserves to know, wouldn't she say?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, I know she is. She's really awesome. This is mostly mostly a me a mee thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, if you're willing to open up to us, just even a little bit, and we could pass the message to her, I think that would go a long way.
Speaker 6: We have this amazing, amazing night. And she told me that she doesn't do this a lot, where she goes to a guy's place, and that she was curious where.
Speaker 4: She ranks, oh, where she was where she ranks like compared to other people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was very I was very thrown off. By that question question a joke.
Speaker 1: Totally. It was.
Speaker 6: It was not a joke because I asked her to clarify. I said, what do you mean? And she said, well, I'm sure you've been with X amount of people.
Speaker 4: Kind of a rude assumption or assumption person.
Speaker 2: But you know what or it's a testament to your experience that yeah, you could take it as a compliment.
Speaker 4: What did you mean? Did you actually rank her?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 6: No, well, I told her that I'm not sure how to answer that. It's good, and eventually I said top three for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cute. That's what answer. I was like, what a top three?
Speaker 5: That's great, And you don't want to say number one because then you're too eager and I don't believe.
Speaker 1: It if you say number one.
Speaker 6: But then I told her, since I answered it for you, you have to reciprocate.
Speaker 1: Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: You WoT that she asked it to him? Oh god, what did she say?
Speaker 6: She said, you're definitely in my top five.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not that.
Speaker 4: She a little bit lower than what your.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it gets worse. I asked her out of how many and she said maybe five?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, so you're in the top hundred percent.
Speaker 2: That changed everything for you, okay soon, because it just changed everything for me.
Speaker 4: What did you assume?
Speaker 6: It just kind of felt it felt a little humiliating.
Speaker 1: Did you tell did you laugh? Or did you say? Okay, that's rude.
Speaker 6: I didn't really know what to say because I already felt so vulnerable. You know, we're in my bed, naked and we've just been together.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like getting a participation trophy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, maybe maybe there was some sort of miscommunication or she didn't say quite what she meant. And I'll give her a chance to explain herself right here, because I need to let you know. Sierra is on the other line of this call, listening, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Oh god, oh.
Speaker 1: God, she's the one that should be embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Hi, please tell us five is like the number one ring, like it's the best.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you were going backwards.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, She's like, I can't trying to save you.
Speaker 7: I feel so bad. First of all, Ashwin, I'm so so sorry. I can't believe I made you feel that way, and you've been feeling that way this whole time.
Speaker 1: Does that feel good?
Speaker 4: Ashwy knowledge she did something wrong?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 4: I mean you're still top five.
Speaker 7: Yes, we address Okay, if I if I explain a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yes, go into details about why.
Speaker 2: You know what men that can take constructive criticism one through four.
Speaker 5: Half thing he could do better. Let's work on one step at a time.
Speaker 6: And for some reason I didn't do enough fourth place stuff I am I am open to.
Speaker 2: Do.
Speaker 1: Not interrupt that statement, Jeffrey, not enough men make it. You should assume you didn't.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, you know, actually maybe we shouldn't be asking what he could change. Maybe it's better to ask you, Sierra, why you said that to him?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: When I said, oh, you're definitely in the top five of five, I was trying to be playful. I was trying to make a joke. I was trying to be kind of serd.
Speaker 6: Yes, I was kidding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a joke.
Speaker 1: After sound button or something we could have hit there.
Speaker 7: He's definitely top four for sure.
Speaker 3: Let's yeah, I think so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: It's better. Yes, but you have to do anything that was great?
Speaker 6: Can we can we please stop talking about one number I'm ranking?
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm so sorry. I'm just so embarrassed. I was trying to make a joke.
Speaker 1: You definitely have said your apology.
Speaker 5: I think gets the idea that you didn't mean it, But we mean this when we say we'd like to send you out on another date, the two of you, Ashwin, if you're willing to give her one more chance, we would.
Speaker 1: Don't let your pride stand in the way of this one Ashwan.
Speaker 6: Yeah. No, her explanation definitely definitely makes me feel better and embarrassed that I can't take jokes about bed time. Yeah no, I definitely would in another date.
Speaker 5: All right, So congratulations. That means Sierra, you got what you came for another date with.
Speaker 7: Thank you so so, so so much.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I feel like we just had two listeners who own their own mistakes, which was.
Speaker 1: Just wild on this show. It never happens.
Speaker 4: Bead Jeffrey in the morning. Can we all agree? Where do I rank?
Speaker 5: Is a question that should not come up until at least date number three.
Speaker 1: Let them tell you you just don't ever.
Speaker 4: You you've never had that conversation with your husband.
Speaker 1: God no, why would you have that conversation?
Speaker 6: You just let someone tell you that was the best, that was great, or you just don't.
Speaker 1: Bring it up conversation.
Speaker 3: It's a funny joke, was actually really good.
Speaker 4: I don't know if she really was joking. It was the right thing to say in that moment, in order to say.
Speaker 1: Well, finally, finally, the right thing.
Speaker 5: To say exactly, And I fully expect to hear from both of them when we do an update day.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, we're.
Speaker 5: Hopefully by then he's climbed the rankings into her top three.
Speaker 4: But what she hasn't added, like ten more.
Speaker 1: Well, we know what type of relationship they're going.
Speaker 4: To be, right, That's also true.
Speaker 5: I can't say we are open to our listeners ranking us on our podcast. I hope we're in the top five, top ten, we'll take top thirty. Even as long as we're ahead of j LD, than we are a big win in our books.
Speaker 4: You just lie and say we don't even have a list Yeah this before go and find us wherever you get your podcast. We're up Abroke and Jeffrey