Speaker 1: If there was a problem, I.
Speaker 2: Wear to your mother, welcome to another very special two cool moms.
Speaker 3: I'm Joe Gatto.
Speaker 1: I'm along for the ride.
Speaker 2: I went, we're here in my apartment. So I went into my closet and I grabbed a scarf.
Speaker 1: Do you wear the scarf?
Speaker 3: I don't wear either of these. This is a this is a this is a this is a character.
Speaker 2: I play that when we were on the road. Yes, I used to take it with me so I could go incognito. And I put glasses on as well. Yeah, but I didn't put the glasses on. And his name was.
Speaker 3: Dommy, you know, I got his name, but.
Speaker 2: It was an Italian guy. And I used to be like, listen, you listen to me. I'll tell you. I used to sit in the back of pizzaias.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think I'll put this on today just to give you a little bit of a good scarf. Yeah you look, uh ascot a scar that's.
Speaker 1: More a scarf than Ascott is like the.
Speaker 3: Well here we got. Well, I'm glad that you appreciate a good scarf.
Speaker 1: I like a good scarf. I've never pulled one off, but you could pull that off.
Speaker 3: I think you can put a scarf on.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the most what's the late What's what's the most fashionable choice you've ever made that you got instantly reprimanded for by your friends?
Speaker 3: You know what I told you, I got made fun of for and I bought it.
Speaker 2: We were on the road and for no reason whatsoever, I bought a gold sequin jacket. No, like a gold sequin jacket. It was like a gold tuxiater jacket with a black lapel. I was like, I have this jacket. This is gonna be a great jacket that like, it's never gonna wear that. You'll never find a reason where you'll never find he's gonna wear it.
Speaker 3: Wre to the movie premiere and it crushed.
Speaker 1: Oh really?
Speaker 3: Or to the Jokers movie premiere. Yeah, I had bought that on the road for no reason.
Speaker 2: I just was like, that's a jacket. I said, that's a jacket I'm gonna want to wear someday. And that was what I worked.
Speaker 1: And that was the only time.
Speaker 2: That was the only time I think I wred for like one other event after, but never before that.
Speaker 1: Will you ever wear it again?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Maybe yeah, I wouldn't be raight. You want to put it on? Now?
Speaker 1: Do you have it?
Speaker 3: I think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, okay, Well, while Joe is off getting my jacket, I want to tell yeah, I want to tell everybody, guys, keep up with us on the road. Both of us are touring. Joe's doing his tour, and then I am, oh, come on, that looks great. Yeah, this is a great jacket. That is a great jacket. See, you could wear that more often than just the premiere. That's great. You can wear that on the road.
Speaker 3: It completes the look.
Speaker 1: Really good.
Speaker 2: I'm on the road, Joe Gattoofficial dot com is where you get tickets from me.
Speaker 3: Steve's on the road.
Speaker 1: Steve buryn Live dot com is where you can see my tour schedule. And then on the off occasion I'll join you hang out.
Speaker 3: Yeah a couple more times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that jacket looks great.
Speaker 2: I told you I bought it with no purpose and then it ended up being my one of the.
Speaker 1: Best jackets I ever got. We were on the road together Nordstrom's rat Nordstrom and uh I saw a jack and I was like, oh, it's like a goof I'd get this and you're like, no, no, seriously, you can wear that. And I've worn it a few times. It's one of my favorite jackets.
Speaker 3: You wear at the taping. No, you already at the charity event.
Speaker 1: I wore it at a charity event. Yeah, it's right it Beck and Pittsburgh and it looked fantastic. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I do have fashion sense. Don't don't let this don't work.
Speaker 2: I am Come on, girl, I am a great consigliary because I know how to dress people as well well you worked at.
Speaker 3: When it comes to it, I know what it's gonna look good on people.
Speaker 2: I know it's not going to be for you, and I won't be afraid to tell you if it's good for you, and if it's not good for you, I'm gonna hit you with the truth bomb right in the face.
Speaker 1: You're the real You're gonna like the way you look? Yeah, I have you are the real men's warehouse.
Speaker 3: I am the men's warehouse. I'm the men's warehouse of comedians.
Speaker 2: And I'm wearing a dog, beautiful dog for the hat that you found in my closet, that that you had, And that's the This is in support of your your book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, my life, your your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ultimately ultimately my life. It became my life started as a book.
Speaker 1: How many dogs are you my life?
Speaker 3: We're at twenty four?
Speaker 1: That is bananas.
Speaker 3: I think we just got to No, we just got twenty six.
Speaker 2: Actually we just got Ricotta and Risotto to three year old three pounders.
Speaker 1: Do you call them the leftovers?
Speaker 2: I mean you got a they're on their way out. Those too, they're not gonna be around long. But yes, that's the whole point.
Speaker 1: You're you're taking in these these pups that would have.
Speaker 3: All these book goodies. We like to say, yeah, they're not necessarily all good.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to lie to people like some of them are just like they're not nice dogs, they're just but they need a place to be left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're loved. Yes, they're being treated well and they're being sent off in the nicest way possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're the last, the last couple of pets that they've got to be the best.
Speaker 1: What was your first one?
Speaker 3: My first rescue dog?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Piscott And how how long ago is that?
Speaker 3: Eight years ago?
Speaker 1: Eight years ago? And that so Piscotti.
Speaker 3: Started, but Scotty started the rescue.
Speaker 1: Piscotti's responsible for it's Pascotti's faults between six dogs, yes, but Scotti's yeah, well because they died, sure, yeah, how many in some total?
Speaker 3: Probably about thirty six all in? Probably about all in this about thirty six probably to a ten. We flip the switch on ten. I just flipped the switch about maybe. I don't know, Yeah, I don't know. It's it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I remember what if people do that with rescue dogs, but you never seen do it with cats with that get them any cats?
Speaker 2: People have cats like that, but they call cat situations hoarding situations because cats become a feral where they just take over your house and neighborhood. Dogs kind of just stay where they're supposed to, but cats infiltrate your homes.
Speaker 1: They form a coup.
Speaker 3: They are coop. They're like, we're taking this place over. Well, cats eat you when you die dogs, don't you heard? You heard that thing? Right? That's why everybody likes those better than cats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cats eat you like if you is your dead body of an owner, and a cat's gonna die, it'll eat its owner, where a dog will just die.
Speaker 1: It's like a it's like a thing. Really, this is a real thing.
Speaker 3: That's a real thing. If you can find stories where cats eat their owners that have died.
Speaker 1: I got to kill my cat. Yeah, my daughter's cat.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, I had the most turn around when it came to birds. I always had so many birds. I ha chi chi and cha cha.
Speaker 3: We had a couple of inches and they I loved.
Speaker 2: Birds, but they would always die on me. I wasn't good at keeping birds. And did you not feed it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I had one. I had one.
Speaker 2: No, here's a story I had when you have it. This is a young young young preteens to teens. And I had a bird that grew another beak.
Speaker 3: So it grew a side beak it.
Speaker 2: Had like I think it had like it had like a beak, and I don't know why we maybe we kept it too close to the radiator. But it had like a sidebeak that came out and it had like a full top and bottom.
Speaker 3: And I was like, what like a mutated beak? And I was like, oh man, what happened to the bird?
Speaker 1: And then like maybe we should move the bird cage away from the microwaves that might have been that.
Speaker 2: Should be fun yeah, I had Yeah, we had that, and I had a lot of turtles to Shelby.
Speaker 3: I had Shelby. I had you. Love that name, love Shelby.
Speaker 2: Shelby's a great turtle name. You can't have a turtle guy named is Shelby or Quick?
Speaker 3: I had turtles? Would you have grown up? Besides you had a dog?
Speaker 1: Now, we had a dog when I was super young, but it didn't last long.
Speaker 3: It grew a second beak.
Speaker 1: But it was always cats.
Speaker 3: Cats.
Speaker 1: I lived by a farm in New Jersey and this kitten followed me home. Oh wow, literally followed me home because I was petting it and it just wouldn't leave me alone. And so Tips, because I had white tips on his I called it tips. So Tips stayed with us until we moved to Pittsburgh and then I passed away to due to old age. And I've just always been around cats. I don't want them.
Speaker 3: They just want you. Though how long you have him? You have like you have a cat like features, though your eyes are very cat like. You don't think you have cat like features.
Speaker 1: I've heard I have dolphin like features, have you. Yeah, it's like a smooth Asian like like my face looks aerodynamic because I'm Asian or something.
Speaker 2: If you were an animal, what would I make you? I would say, what would you make me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I would would be if I had to draw you as an animal.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you were my muse and I had to draw you as an animal, I would definitely draw you something in the feline family. I would probably maybe a cougar. Now you're more you're more of like a jaguar.
Speaker 3: You're a jaguar.
Speaker 1: You'd want to be a dog, And I wouldn't make you a dog.
Speaker 3: You're a jaguar. No, I wouldn't want to be a dog. I mean I'm a two can. Look at this nose. She always called me the Italian two can. What animal would you draw me? What would you make me? If?
Speaker 1: Looking at my features right?
Speaker 3: Not coming? What would you what would you? What do I look like to you?
Speaker 1: Uh? I would say, uh, camel?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: A camel?
Speaker 1: Camel?
Speaker 2: Or like a horse I have I have bovine features to you, not like a Sarah Jessica Parker.
Speaker 1: Interesting, but you have a very slender face.
Speaker 3: Slender face, yeh, slender face with big nose.
Speaker 1: So it's it's kind of yeah.
Speaker 3: A camel will be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's have a contest.
Speaker 2: Whoever draws Steve as the best cat and me is the best camel wins a prize.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, what's the price.
Speaker 3: The prize is a sleepover at yours.
Speaker 2: You get to follow him home like tips, No, there's a cool we'll sign something that's under him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go to at two Cool Moms at Too Cool Moms pod on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tag us. Yeah, that'd be cool.
Speaker 3: And photos and I would love to I would love to see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't have any fan artwork.
Speaker 3: We don't have.
Speaker 1: We see the other podcast with the fan artwork and stuff. We don't have much of that.
Speaker 3: We use our our fans give us content. That's the difference.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 3: That's the heavy lifting to you guys, and we appreciate you guys for helping us out with that.
Speaker 1: But it's not enough.
Speaker 3: I want more, more and more and more. Yeah, I would. I would love that. I would love to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then also for fun, we should try an eagle.
Speaker 1: An eagle.
Speaker 3: That's good, that's good.
Speaker 1: Would I'd rather be an eagle guy?
Speaker 2: So draw me as an eagle by the camel, always eagle, you as a jaguar.
Speaker 3: Steve's a jaguar.
Speaker 1: Jaguar, all right, yeah, or a dolphin?
Speaker 3: A dolphin? You think I didn't say who said that to you? Do you remember who said that?
Speaker 1: You? Yeah, the writer's room at Sullivan's Son and then they put it in the show. Christine ever Saw said Steve, girls like you, you have these smooth dolphin like features. That's very funny and she nailed that line of course.
Speaker 2: All right, so you you was a You is a dolphin, Steve is a dolphin, and Joe is an eagle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, sketch away, Let's see him. Tag him and you win a prize and we'll show him. Should we show him on We'll show him to show him on the on the shore and then well we'll have an episode get around that and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: There's so many talented people out there, I mean, the many put it out there in the world. Let's see what they come up with.
Speaker 3: I am so jealous of people that could draw.
Speaker 2: If I could have one skill, of one artistic skill. Well it's not a scale, right, if it's an artistic thing, but you know what I mean. If I could do one ARTI thing, it'd be drawing. Would you rather draw or sing sing?
Speaker 3: Really? Oh yeah, don't you tell you you'd use draw more than you would use sing.
Speaker 1: I could sketch because I was doodled in school, so I could sketch.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're doing humble flex right now.
Speaker 1: It's not humble there it is. I can't. I can't. I can kind of sketch. I'm not I'm not fair.
Speaker 2: It's very dolphin, I tell you, but that in your blowhole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so you but draw or sing?
Speaker 3: You go sing? M I go draw?
Speaker 1: Really I would. I would think with as much time as you spent on a dance floor, you'd love to belt it out.
Speaker 2: Oh if I could be a competitive dancer, though, that would be my odd form. Could you imagine, Oh my goodness, the damage I would do, the.
Speaker 1: Damage you already do, talking about very damage you would do.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, here's the thing, this is what I will tell you.
Speaker 3: You can sing.
Speaker 2: Anyone could perform, Yeah, put on a performance, then a singing like atmosphere. I can't sing, but I could carry like a performance, sure, sure, musical performance. Yeah, but I can't sing well. But you can't fake drawing, draw.
Speaker 3: Well or you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see the stick figures or to exactly right. But I always wanted to be the guy like an eighties hairband where you hit that high note and it goes like that. I would love to do that, and I would always do it when I have to take like a massive dump.
Speaker 2: See that's why Jesus didn't give you this scale, because you'd waste it.
Speaker 3: I go.
Speaker 1: Like that, it would and I would die laughing doing I would die laughing doing.
Speaker 3: That by yourself in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Yea, I would just you know, oh my god. So my wife watches garbage TV. Yep, like garbage. This is bad, like the Bachelorette, Bachelor. I watch it with her sometimes, but like Gray's Anatomy or something like that. You'll watch that stuff and it's just so fake and false. And I'll just be walking through the living room and you'll see people kissing or whatever, and I have to make the sound effects every time to like irritate her, but also think it's funny. So like if somebody's doing like making it out, I'm like, she's like, seriously, please, you're ruining it. I always ruin it, But I just think it's the fucking funniest thing. Just when she's so in our show and just your husband walks through, who's in his late forties, and it's still.
Speaker 3: Going find that. I want you to stop.
Speaker 1: I'm asking you, America is asking you to stop. It makes me laugh so hard. I'm not making myself. It's the absurdity of the fact that there's a grown man's going.
Speaker 3: Stop. I'm team Jess on this.
Speaker 1: You don't do anything. You don't do anything like that at all, not that.
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, I see, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: It's like, like I just picture like my friends like you doing dumb stuff. It's like, that's a man in his late forties doing that, like back of the school bus kind of shit. And it's it's not only the act of somebody doing it, but it's the age and the fact that they're not mature enough and they're still doing it. And that's what makes me laugh so hard.
Speaker 2: For sure, I get that, I get that, Okay, So, but I don't nobody wants it. No one's listening at this point. Literally, no one is listening to our podcast anymore. If you haven't hit stop, I appreciate you more than any listener, because I don't want to be here anymore.
Speaker 3: And I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, that doesn't make you laugh at all? Or it doesn't, No, are you just kind of like.
Speaker 2: Just no, I haven't seen it. What I'm getting is the storytelling version of it. I haven't seen it in practice, so i'd have to see it in practice.
Speaker 1: Well, just just rolling her eyes like please stop.
Speaker 3: That makes me.
Speaker 1: She she like pausing or please stop, please stop. I know she's like, please stop.
Speaker 3: It's not for me.
Speaker 1: But you know the Bachelor Bachelorette, they're they're making out. I'm always like, please stop. She'll pause it like I can't enjoy I will not even.
Speaker 2: Do you do it when it's not when it's not that either? To its like do you do it like doing the row ceremony?
Speaker 1: No, only when somebody's doing.
Speaker 3: Her making it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you supply well I guess you're writing down that you're supplying the soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm a fully artists.
Speaker 2: Really, you have heels on your hands and when they're walking, you're just you're like, look, she's running, but.
Speaker 1: There is an well yeah, I mean that's your whole life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're always doing things like my whole life is really just make annoying people. Oh what I think is funny. Oh, let's get some questions that help help the world.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. This is coming to us from well here, let's not start off with that one.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, let's we're gonna start off with a different one.
Speaker 1: That one's a pretty tough.
Speaker 3: It's a little heavy to come from.
Speaker 2: It's heavy to come from the makeout sound effects and slip into that.
Speaker 3: Dude, we gotta go into nutro.
Speaker 2: We gotta go. Thank you for still being here. Thank you whoever you got two people?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay to us from Kate, Hi, mommy is I'm a grooms maid female groomsman. Thank you very much for that, Kate. We appreciate that for one of my besties. And I'm in charge of the bachelor party. Oh, we're doing a bike ride to strip clubs. But I don't drink and I'm not into women. What should I do with my time to not look like everyone's mom at the party? I'll tell you what you can do. Ready, when you're at the strip club and a girl's dancing or like given a lap dance for one of the guy friends that you're there, just go.
Speaker 3: On the soundtrack. That's value.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not more fingers, more fingers, I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Give me that hat back, give me my hat back. I don't want this on my brand.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Okay, there we go. I'm back to being Stevie.
Speaker 3: Right, it wasn't the hat.
Speaker 2: I mean suggest obviously, you gotta just be a curator of fun, right. You have to make sure everybody's have to be a host or you know, a host, a hostess. You really just make sure everybody has their drinks full, make sure that the groom is being taken care of with he's having a good time, either if it wants to have his dancers or he wants to see his friends have a good time.
Speaker 3: You know, I've been in bachelor parties where there's been it's the two things.
Speaker 2: The groom everybody wants to give the lap dance to the groom, or there's that one quiet friend that is like everybody wants to see him. Yes, right, munkey, pile of them. I feel like it's one of those two ways. But I think you're really just a curator of the fun. Make sure the bikes are rented. You know, you're a curator, you're a host. You want to make sure that they're you know, that the dancers are not taking advantage of everyone and of quality and of quality for sure, and you want to just make sure that it's all about making sure that the groom is having a good time.
Speaker 3: That's what the bachelor party is all, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, But I think she's already off to the races. He's a cool girl. She got asked to be a groom's bride. Yeah, I mean that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: I've never even heard that term before.
Speaker 1: The dude has a girl facilitate his bachelor party, and that's pretty sweet. So she's obviously a cool girl. So I'd just be confident knowing that you're already there for a reason.
Speaker 2: She knows she knows the guy clearly really well, so I think you've got it fun. I would just say make sure that it's not all about I've always found found that if the night is just about the strip club, it always fails.
Speaker 3: Always have like a good.
Speaker 2: Dinner or something first too, where you're just relax and it shouldn't be all about that as the main event. It's never really panned out to be the best because there's so much At least you would have a good dinner first, well.
Speaker 1: Oh, for sure, yeah, yeah, good dinner with the fellas, yep. But then my go to in a strip club every time, every time is the guy that there's a guy that really wants to go there, yep, a guy that's very excited to be there. He needs this more than anybody. Yes, every strip club has the weathered vet. Okay, there's a veteran that's been in there a little too long and nobody's really getting dances from her. So my favorite thing to do is to just give this girl a lot of cash and go, oh my god, you are absolutely his favorite. Can he please dance for him for like the next hour and I'll get And now this guy's posted up. He can't get out of it. She's got the money. You just ruin his night, and now you're just gonna watch him just through it.
Speaker 2: And her too, by the way, for sure, yeah, for sure, she's like, oh, I'm gonna be with this one guy.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 1: That's ruined, ruined, the guy ruined someone's experience room though, No, no, not the groom. The groom. The room is gonna be he gonna be.
Speaker 2: That's a ted, that's a ted move ted wants to be to Ted's too too much.
Speaker 3: He wants to be that Ted.
Speaker 1: Look at you, Look at you. I don't think you even know what you look like?
Speaker 3: I know, look, do you know what? I also? I'm just I'm very happy to be here. It's your podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, here we go, coming to us from Emma. Hey, Joe and Steve. Love seeing you both in Birmingham, UK. A few years back, I written my first novel on the pandemic, which is something I'm super proud of. So congratulations, Emma.
Speaker 3: That's good job, Emma.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be an author my entire life. I'm at the stage now where I'm trying to get it published. Problem is I never get responses from the agents and publishers i write to do I just give up and figure writing is my forte after all? Or should I keep going? It's your first roadio, you got to keep going? Yeah, I mean, do you expect your first one to be a breakout success? No?
Speaker 3: It's probably not good.
Speaker 2: First of all, it's your first first one, So let's be honest with ourselves.
Speaker 1: It's good now. It's good now. That's the point. It's good now and years from now. If you don't give up what you shouldn't. You'll look back at it, go, ah, that was good enough at the time. It was a good crutches and I'm still proud of it. But as you advance, your writing will only only only get better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think give up. I think for sure. That's the first tegoys. Don't give up on it.
Speaker 2: Also, you're just worrying about other people's opinions in an oversaturated market because you're not the only person, especially during the pandemic, that people took up writing. Yeah, it was the thing that everybody could do, right, But you're also in the world where self publishing is a very easy thing to do.
Speaker 3: I self published The dog Father.
Speaker 2: I self published on Amazon, my first book, and you don't need anybody. There's no barrier to entry. You go ahead and publish that book and then people could order it and you market it yourself. So that would be the way if you want, really want the book to get out there. You don't need the approval of an agent or anything.
Speaker 1: And by the way, think of all the lessons you're learning by self publishing and doing that, all the expertise you'll have in terms of dealing, in terms of ownership in terms of equity, all that stuff.
Speaker 3: It's all yours.
Speaker 2: So I would say, if you want the book to get out there, then go ahead and self publish it after you've tried this avenue and the way you're trying.
Speaker 3: To do it is near impossible. It is.
Speaker 2: It's very hard for just to blind submit to an agent and get someone to respond.
Speaker 3: It's going to be really hard.
Speaker 2: You'd have to either get a literary agent first and help them show them the book and be like, hey, this is what I have. Can we go out and pitch it? And then you have to get a public publisher on board. It's a lot of steps. It's not super easy. The least barrier entry is to sel publish.
Speaker 3: What you could do right now.
Speaker 2: You upload that manuscript right now and you're done.
Speaker 3: So it's what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: Do you want to have your book out there or do you want to start a relationship with a literary agent and house.
Speaker 3: If you want to start with literary agent in the house, you need to have.
Speaker 2: Multiple pieces of work, so you could start writing your second one or bridge this one work however you want to do it.
Speaker 3: So that's my insight into this scenario.
Speaker 2: I've just learned this whole thing because I just started with a lid agent for I'm writing a kid's book, which is going to be fun. So with that, I didn't want to do the self publishing thing anymore. I said, don't let me try to do it the other way. And I'll have to say it was really fun and easy just to do it on my own with The dog Father, which I did during the pandemic, actually, so, which is available on there.
Speaker 3: It's available on Amazon if you want to check it.
Speaker 2: But I would say, uh, yeah, that's that's my advice. My advice is those are those are the two realities.
Speaker 3: So which way do you want to go? But by the way, like but nothing, don't give up.
Speaker 1: Super proud that you wrote your own book. I mean that's a huge how many people you did it, how many people talk about it, how many people you know dream about how many people start and don't finish.
Speaker 3: You finished the book. That's the vega thing.
Speaker 2: You put the final period on which a lot of people don't they stop it. The answer here, this is for you first of all, And then don't be don't be silly, Please don't please, don't don't stop, can't stop, don't give it up, Mama said Mamas, mamas, that's what I would say.
Speaker 1: Did you did you ever know I wrote a book?
Speaker 3: You wrote a book? Yeah, I did not know you wrote it.
Speaker 1: It's called a Thousand Grunts in my wife.
Speaker 3: I heard the audio version. I know you run an audiobook. You shouldn sell published that audiobook.
Speaker 1: It's just that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a whole book show. I'll show it all.
Speaker 2: Crush The New York Times bestseller's.
Speaker 1: Coming to us from Stone. Stone says, Hi, what's up? Coolest moms, My name is Stone. My question is how do you deal with nerves?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm going to jiu jitsu tournament? I want to know how to deal with the nerves when performing. Thanks, best podcast on the platform. Thanks for the last Oh wow, thank you Stone. That's very cool. Thanks for not kicking our butt too. Appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Stone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, you got to be a badass. If your name is Stone, you need to know what's up. My name is Stone. Jiu jitsu and I can choke you out in three seconds.
Speaker 3: HOWE does it go up against water?
Speaker 1: Classic ghatto.
Speaker 3: Or paper? Paper beat Stone or he says it no, he beat scissors. He beats scissors.
Speaker 1: That's right, man, I'm a dip shit.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing that I would say about nerves.
Speaker 2: It's all about channeling energy into redirecting energy, right, Like, if you're nervous or something like that, you could turn nervousness into excitement if you just learn how to handle it and learn how to like redirect it.
Speaker 3: Because nerves is a good thing. I like nerves.
Speaker 2: Nerves means that you're doing something that's taking you out of your comfort zone. You're pushing yourself into a different thing, or you're doing something of importance. Like if you're not nervous, if you don't have nerves, you're just in your comfort zone doing the same old same Yeah, show growth right.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I also think when when you're an athlete, well as for more athletes.
Speaker 3: I'll let you, I'll let you take this part.
Speaker 1: Because when you're bowling, when you're up.
Speaker 2: To that eighth frame and you're staring down ten pinners and you know you got to get a mark up here, you know you need spare, spare at least strike When were great, You've adjusted for the oil.
Speaker 3: On the lane.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, you moved your boards, you moved two or three boards east to west, and you know that you need really to.
Speaker 3: Get between that section just for oil on the oils.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not getting if you're not hitting the pocket, you know the oil, because each lane is its own thing.
Speaker 3: Man, I wouldn't expect you to understand what you really need to do.
Speaker 2: If you're really getting your nervous and you're shaken, you know you got to keep that got to keep your follow through. You got to keep your wrists tight, use those nerves to your advantage. Stone, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You're gonna throw that ball and you're gonna get that to gobble gobble.
Speaker 1: Friend, I would assume a jiu jitsu. Once the ref blows the whistle, you're off to the races. You're not thinking about anything other than reflexively reacting to what's going on and being it's go.
Speaker 3: Time, right, it's totally go time.
Speaker 1: I don't think you. I remember playing you know, hockey in in in like college and going to like you know where the Penguins play or you know where the Red Wings play or something like that, going to these arenas and you're kind of so nervous. But then the men of the pucks dropped you just like you're off to the races. Doesn't matter, he said, a performance.
Speaker 3: So I'm wondering if it's a jiu jitsu.
Speaker 1: But it's a tournament. Is that how you? Is that jiu jitsu?
Speaker 3: Is that? Like? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You defend yourself? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want to fight with me. I mean you come at me with fists.
Speaker 1: I give you the Do you do you bite and kicking the nuts?
Speaker 3: Do I do what I need to do to survive?
Speaker 1: Fair wark.
Speaker 3: There's no such thing as a clean fight. If anybody says that, If anybody says, oh okay, well you don't want to win the fight, because that's basically what it is, because a fight just means I have to beat you.
Speaker 2: I'm poking eyeballs, I'm jamming fingers up nostrils, I'm groining, I'm attacking.
Speaker 3: The groin full fervor.
Speaker 1: You're not afraid of the legal system.
Speaker 3: I'm not afraid of it. What is gonna happen? What is gonna happen?
Speaker 2: If I'm gonna fight with you, I have to win because first of all, I'm not equipped to fight or win a fight.
Speaker 3: So I have to go with what I could go. It's my hardest.
Speaker 2: Points, my elbows, my knuckles, and my skull. I'll be sculling your balls if I have to. I'm just sculling your balls.
Speaker 3: I A'm afraid of the scull a ball. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I would say. Yeah, but it's not a performance, right, he's fighting. Yeah. I think you're right. I think nerves starts you're adrenaline, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think once once you're It's just like, I'm sure when you were competing bowling like you could, I'm sure you were up. No, but I'm sure do Please don't do that be analogous to something that that is relatable.
Speaker 3: So you dad be analogous to me, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, I won't my apologies.
Speaker 3: So okay, you think I remember what it's like to be competitive bowling. First of all, that was thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, I did it in high school.
Speaker 3: Hey, we were talking. The last time I competitively bold was thirty years ago. Okay, So don't tell to you relate to me like I did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, right, but when's the last time you went bowling?
Speaker 3: Three weeks ago? You love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love bowling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what does that have to do with I'm.
Speaker 1: Just saying, I'm sure there was something. I got nervous when I was playing.
Speaker 3: It's birthday party.
Speaker 1: But when you're my daughter, my daughter had to go to.
Speaker 3: A birthday party. I picked up an extra lane. I was like, I want a bowl. What I'm I gonna do here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I bowled?
Speaker 1: What what is? What's what's a high score? Year? We got?
Speaker 3: We talked about this to eighty eight in high school.
Speaker 2: That's when I had but three hundred saxe hundreds max really like twelve.
Speaker 1: I don't think you ever told me your high score. I think so well too, idio, No, I think guy as to do if you had a turkey.
Speaker 3: I've gotten turkeys, money at turkey, please.
Speaker 2: That's when I use my nerves going me Thanksgiving Joey. I gave him a cranberry too, gave him the cranberry. I got the turkeys and the cranberry bits. Couldn't get the castro all though. Couldn't get the bean.
Speaker 3: Casserole for the three hundred eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Is that like, is that like pro circuit?
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure? Yeah, sure, No, Well, I mean the pros or anyway if they roll, they're bowling three hundreds on the rag?
Speaker 1: Really, how how do you that was?
Speaker 3: It was? It was a It was a It was a fluke.
Speaker 2: I never bowled that high again. It was a one game thing. That child's I don't.
Speaker 3: Know if people heard that, but that child is in trouble, huge fan of bowling.
Speaker 1: It's like you got to any eight, Yes, but I'm sure there were there were. There had to be challenges or things you've done and the minute they say action, for sure, you don't. You don't think anymore.
Speaker 3: I'll say the most nervous.
Speaker 2: The most nervous I probably was was the movie set, having to act in front of like strangers, right, because there was a whole crew a different Jokers movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it was for the.
Speaker 2: Non hidden camera bits where we were out of our element and we were doing it professionally with a large budget and cameras and people and a director like it was completely a different thing. I was probably one of the most nervous things I had to do, especially the scenes that you had to do by yourself you weren't doing with the boys.
Speaker 3: That was a little bit. That was a little rough.
Speaker 1: I think the most nervous I've ever been professionally was the pilot for Sullivan and Son. I remember because I was in every scene, and I knew if I messed up a line, if I wasn't prepared. I wasn't just holding up like it's a live studio audience. I'm holding up the camera. Guys, the cast from their mojo, moving forward with chemistry, all that stuff. So I was like everything I saw me And I remember I had access to the sound stage. I had a key card to stage five on the Warner Brothers a Lot Wow, so I could drive on the lot anytime I wanted to. I could visit the sound stage anytime I wanted to. And so that that you still have you still have that card? No, I had to turn it in, but I still have my Uh. I still have my Warner Brothers card to get me on the lot, but it's expired. But anyways, I remember, if you set up a camera like like those paranormal activity ones, you know, you would see a camera, you would see the set, and you would see me just doing my blocking over and over again. And I remember I spent five hours on Saturday because the tape was Sunday, five hours on Saturday going through each set, my blocking and everything, all my lines, so that I knew. The day of I was so nervous because I'd never acted before, like in front of a live studio on its like on my own like this is show, and the minute you go to action, it's like I didn't think any of it. I was like, I'm so prepared. I know exactly what I need to do, so have fun.
Speaker 2: Well, so you you help dilute the nerves part of it too by being prepared.
Speaker 1: So preparation is almost almost to the point of over preparation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so preparation there, I guess for Stone as well, be prepared for what you have to do.
Speaker 3: So I know your jiu jitsus. I don't know the moves are called the jiu jitsu jiu jitsu.
Speaker 1: It sounds like something like like like when you're drunk jiu jitsu.
Speaker 3: It sounds like did you call the uber. I hope that. I hope that helps Stone. I hope that helped out.
Speaker 1: By the way, good luck at your excuse me, good luck jiu jitsu in your tournament. Yeah, oh, sure, you're gonna crush it. And your name is Stone, You're gonna of course, if you lose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't matter. You're still Stone.
Speaker 1: You can't lose to Gary.
Speaker 3: Now, Gary is not going to beat Stone.
Speaker 2: Bartholomemule the next match, it's Bartholomew versus a Stone.
Speaker 3: I'm betting Stone, all right. This is coming to us from Rannie.
Speaker 1: I'm in a situation where I don't know whether to take a job that is twenty miles away but pays me slightly more. Order works somewhere that pays me slightly less than the other place, but it's a couple miles away. The farther option seems like a better company. So stay close, make less, go further out, make more.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I mean, how much how much is your time worth? Because that's what's gonna be. How much is your time worthute? You increase your commute? Right, well, twenty minutes. You don't know where he's living.
Speaker 2: If he's in, you know, it could be hours worth of traffic.
Speaker 3: He give me that, right, all right, let's just say let's call it what it is. Twenty miles more.
Speaker 2: I mean, is the money worth twenty miles less of your life?
Speaker 3: That's really we look forty minutes forty minutes.
Speaker 2: My guess is, yeah, I think you probably take the better job because you're gonna have to make sacrifices, you know, you know, you know, if it's a better opportunity, if.
Speaker 3: You're excited about it, better company, then sure, Yeah, I say take the it's a little.
Speaker 1: Further away, Yeah, like for example, like I could do a podcast at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he wants But do I.
Speaker 1: Want to get on a plane, fly out of Gordia and get up before in the morning, fly here film a friend's apartment? Do I want to do that?
Speaker 2: Because a dog half bites him when he comes in. Yeah, you have a cookie, You've got that part. I had to leave you here because I had to go run an errand by myself eight lunch, right, Yeah, I had to run an errand to pick up dry cleaning. I had to do something. Well, these things happen. I mean, you came to my tur What do I want to do? It's really what you want.
Speaker 3: To do with your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you come to Nashville, were ready to go. We start at noon. We start at noon. We don't fudge around. You go off do your shopping. We're done at one o'clock. You have one hour boom done, thank you right you you know I'm here. I got to sit around this dour apartment. It's like the seattle of upstate New York. Oh. Outside, it's dreary. There's dogs that want to bite me and shoot me and attack me. I got to eat lunch by myself like an animal when I can't talk, and hang out with my good friend because I got to go. He's got to go take care of his eighth house.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's Zora. Was the question. I forget it. I forget. All I heard was I think this.
Speaker 2: I think take the closer job, o, Paris, Steve is, take the closer job, Joe, just til you take the further one.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's coming to us from Erica.
Speaker 3: Somewhat slightly.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, no, this is this is a serious one.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's say it.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is might.
Speaker 3: Let me adjust my scarf.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, ready, this is from Erica.
Speaker 3: I need your help.
Speaker 1: I'm forty year old widow. My husband was shot almost two years ago, and I lost my mom eight years ago in a car accident. I'm completely alone because I was never able to have kids. I'm having a very difficult time trying to stay positive. I live in a facility, I'm in hospice, just waiting to die. My kidney function is at five percent. I want to have something else to focus on instead of just feeling pain and thinking about dying. Please help me.
Speaker 3: Wow. Okay, so that's pretty heavy, Erica.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this right now. This is probably the most serious u DM we we've received on this.
Speaker 3: And uh, we don't try away from them. We don't try away from them.
Speaker 1: No, although I initially would want to.
Speaker 3: M M, but that's not what this is about. Tom.
Speaker 2: We're here to help everybody's best weekend, so let's, uh, let's do what we can here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I mean, Erica, if you want to see a slow death to make you feel better, just come to see any of my performances.
Speaker 3: Sure, okay, that'll do it.
Speaker 1: You want to see something miserable, visit my merch stand after while Joe's doing a two hundred meet and greet.
Speaker 3: You don't want you don't want to see that. I mean, she's not gonna want to spend her time that way. I will say this.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've already found a podcast that you'd like to listen to, hopefully, And that's give you a little bit of things. I will say that there is you know, you're putting yourself out there and the only way to change your situation is to put yourself out there. Now, you have your health that you're dealing with, but you also have this loneliness. So what you need to do is try to find people that want to be part of your time or to give some of your you know, your time to at this point in your life. So that is where it gets a little bit tricky, is like where are you meeting these people?
Speaker 3: Where could you open yourself up to not be alone? Right? You're dealing with being alone? For me, you said you're in a facility, so hopefully that facility has some.
Speaker 2: Sort of resources that can help you with this problem. We're not really well equipped to help you with this exact problem that you're dealing with, you know, And my normal advice would be put yourself out there and try to meet people. But you're also already dealing with this huge health thing that's an enormous weight on your shoulders. And I feel for you, and I'm saying you love and hopefully you know good vibest as best as.
Speaker 3: You can to deal with that.
Speaker 2: I will say, you seem nice and you need to you get some exposure to people to spend let people know that you want to spend time with people.
Speaker 3: So how do you do that?
Speaker 2: It is probably through the facility, through the people that are helping you there. There are probably some mental health professional people in this arena of this hospice that could help you do some reach out. I know that there were programs for my father when he was in hospice at home that helped him meet other people that were going through a similar situation who didn't feel like he was going through stelf alone.
Speaker 3: So maybe that's a possibility for you.
Speaker 2: It's also you're on your own, so it's tough that there's nobody else looking out for you to do this, So you're going to have to do it on your own, and life forces your hands sometimes where you're on your own and you have to do it on your own and you're in charge of your own fate. So I wish you luck and sending you much love, and that's my advice.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean to your point, I think anytime you're dealing with something incredibly, you know, insturmountable and it sounds like there's an expiration date here. I think anytime people are dealing with those things, it's some sense of community that helps them get through those things, whether it's alcoholics, anonymous, whether it's veterans dealing with PTSD, having some sense of community. So you're right, I think when you're when you're you know, maybe even forcing yourself to be part of a group where you're going through things together and you can lean on one each other, one on one another. I also think like anybody in your situation almost has a gift to be completely honest with you. Because I did a doc on my good friend, the amazing Jonathan, and he had a terminal diagnosis. He knew he had an expiration date, and this whole time I'm making this film, every time I was around him. He was obviously a great comic mind, so he was always pumping out the jokes. But I knew not to take the time I was spending with him for granted, because he was indeed passing before my very eyes. And he was a reminder to me every time I hung out with him, every time I talked to him on the phone, every time I thought about him, anytime I was working on the film. It was a reminder to me of like, you never know, you never know when this could all be taken away from us, right, So for me, his presence in my life, especially at that time, was always a reminder of how quick life goes and to appreciate, like we had mentioned in another episode, just all the little things in life that are that are so important. So the fact that you know, over the duration of your life we got to intersect in this moment. I really appreciate it and giving me that reminder. And I'm hoping as you carry on that you do find a sense of community. But we're here for you, we love you, We're sending you nothing but good mojo. And again, I can't imagine what it is you're dealing with, but we've all been in situations where family members have been dealing with it, and I may one day all of us are. You know, No, it's gonna be here forever, So I'm going to be experiencing We're all going to experience what it is you're dealing with at some point in our lives where we're going to find ourselves towards the end of week and just trying to hopefully make the most of it with the little bit of time you have left. So yeah, we really appreciate you reaching out and reminding us of that. But also we're trying to give you some tailwinds yourself and say, hey, I hope you find a sense of community with a good bunch of people that are going through something similar. And again we're here for you.
Speaker 3: Try to have some fun before the lights go off. That's always been my thing. Just try, just try to do it. Find yourself to find a little bit of joy that you can that's at your will.
Speaker 2: Here, be it content, experiencing content on you know, either podcasts or or you know that shows or whatever, something that can bring you some joy, some mental escape that helps make your situation a little less heavy. Also, any interactions that you have with with people, you know, sharing a smile always, you know, makes your heart a little bit happier.
Speaker 3: So send you much love, and again we're.
Speaker 2: Not afraid on this podcast to talk about stuff as heavy as to comics because we've been through life as well.
Speaker 3: So we just wanted to make sure we answer this question for you and give you a little bit of love.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so we're giving lots of love and.
Speaker 3: That has been a very on this week's very serious Two cool moms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it should also almost be one of those two be continued to be continued next week.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, did you do?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 3: We love you.
Speaker 1: Lots of love to you, and lots of love to everybody. It's been tuning in. We really appreciate it. We are coming to you live from the fashion capital of New York. That's right, Joe's place.
Speaker 3: I hope you enjoyed my offits.
Speaker 1: I hope you enjoyed the nod father Father's and available at Amazon.
Speaker 2: And if you're if you're still listening after that the way that this opened with his sex, sorry we h.
Speaker 3: In hindsight, Yeah, we apologize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that's that's true. We I do apologize. I apologize, But everybody, keep up Joe Gatto hitting the road uh on the site Joe Gattowofficial dot com, Steve Burnlive dot com. UH, keep up with their tour dates and every now and then.
Speaker 3: Moms, please follow, share, like, subscribe, and spread the word. Okay, thank you, guys, take care.
Speaker 1: These two cool mommies love you so show us some love.
Speaker 2: Please rate us, review us, follow us on all social media, and subscribe to our YouTube