Speaker 1: The force is strong in this one, and that's why we're warning you that this episode contains spoilers, folks. Big spoilers for the first three episodes of Obi Wan Kenobi, some discussion about the Darth Vader, the twenty seventeen Darth Vader comic, some other Star Wars comics, and some legends lore. Also plus theories for the rest of the show. Minor spoilers for Star Wars Rebels and the Mandalorian. So be warned. This is a big, big, big Star Wars conversation coming up next. Hello, my name is Jason Eoncepti, and welcome to a fully Star Wars edition of x ray Vision, the Crooked Media podcast where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics, and pop culture. In today's episodes, Woes, novingtar.
Speaker 2: Wos, we're talking star Walls and all the stuff, all the news which we're gonna run by to be fair, from Star Wars Snips, Celebration, including snippets from the Mandalorian, reveals about and Or Jedi survivor of the sequel to Jedi Fallen Order, the Ahsoka trailer, all that.
Speaker 1: Stuff we're gonna talk about. We're gonna speed by it because we're gonna dive deep into Obi wan Kenobi parts one, two and three, mostly two and three, but we're gonna dive deep into it. We're gonna talk about all the stuff because there's, folks, there's so much to talk about. In our nerd Out section, a listener pitches is on the three Body Problem by Luji Jin and if, of course, if you want to jump around, check out the time stamps in our show notes. I'll have all the details about all the topics that we talk about, and of course, joining me now talk about all the things involved in Star Wars is the number one comics Encyclopedia, the person who knows about legends, unlike myself, she's the great, She's the powerful. Rosie Night, Rosie, how are you hello?
Speaker 2: It's me.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling so much fat I'm so happy to be here. Yes, like anytime if it's not comics, it's like anytime that there's something that other people probably don't care about, Rosie knows it. It's like legends. Guess what she knows everything about an Ewoch or Savajah press like and this thing I have to say is gonna be a legends heavy episode.
Speaker 1: So let's get into it, folks. It's Star Wars celebration is hell over Memorial Day weekend over in Anaheim, and let's dive into some of the announcements. We'll probably dive into these at a more detail oriented way at a later date, but let's kind of run through the highlights now, starting with Oh gosh, let's start with the Star Wars Jedi Survivor trailer. This is, of course, the sequel to twenty nineteenth Jedi Fallen Order, a game that is harder than you expected to be when you start playing it. The game that introduced us to cal kestis the only partially trained Jedi Aclighte on the run from the Inquisitors. They do a bang up job of trying to get him. More on that later, and of course introduce this is also to his wonderful droid buddy bed one bd one, who I absolutely I lim a two legged robot.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And this trailer looks great. I can't wait to play it. I love Jedi Fallen Order. It gave us a lot of background on on the Inquisitors, something that is very relevant right now. And I'm excited for this. Your thoughts, Rosy, Yeah?
Speaker 3: Same? I also think this is this is like one of the things that was a stealth and highly anticipated thing going into this, Like this was the one where even like Chris had said it, like multiple people were like, I know everything's gonna happening with TV and film, but I want to know if we're getting a sequel, Like what's the info. We haven't had to buy it for a long time. Here's the tray list. So yeah, no, I'm stoked. I love Beauty One, I love Droid.
Speaker 1: We got a bad batch a season two trailer. It is returning the fall our good friends of a new look with some new armor and folks. This series will feature appearances from Emperor Palpatine or good friend Palpi, who is of course terrorizing the galaxy at this particular time in galactic history, shocking our good friend Commander Cody. And the big news, the big big news surviving Order sixty six.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 1: You know him from the Clone Wars. It's young Wookie Jedi in training Sensation, the youngling gunje.
Speaker 4: He has made it.
Speaker 1: He survived.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is exactly.
Speaker 2: What I care about.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. This is like the biggest news from Star Wars celebration. To me, I'm like a number one Lumpy stand I Uh, if you've never just google Lumpy and you'll see why I love him. So Gunji is like the that's like the spiritual successor to the Lumpy throne. So I am incredibly excited about this. I also feel like his inclusion specifically and kind of where it is a hint of where the Star Wars shows are going over one included which is this very deep seeded interest in the young lings and in Padawa, and that is like so that and that was other things that they hinted with that, you know, like I think there was like a kid's show that they're doing called Young Jedi Adventures, which kind of sounds almost like Young Jedi Academy, which is a big legends. But I think that they're really interested in this very underspoken about in canon part of the Star Wars law, which is these kids who are taken away from their families to become Jedi and what does that mean? And I'm really excited because I think that's that's a very fertile ground for kind of emotional and fun and epic Star Wars storytelling.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more. And you are exactly right. We are exploring in detail the events surrounding Order sixty six from different perspectives, which is a massive tectonic shift in galactic history. And it's been really interesting to watch. And of course that theme continues in Or We Want Kenobi Up. Next, we get a trailer for and Or, which premieres August thirty, first show run by Rogue One writer Tony Gilroy.
Speaker 3: Tony Gilroy the script saving Icons and was bringing him in.
Speaker 1: This script saving him Rogue one if you catch me on the right day. Rogue one is my favorite Star Wars movie. It will I'll never forget. I just watched it, by the way, I watched it over the WEEKERD because I'm like, I want to watch it again. It tells the story of Diego Luna's Cassian and Or, the kind of like morally gray but very dedicated rebel spy who is of course one of the heroes involved in stealing the Death Star plans. This trailer just looks great. I don't know what it's going to be about, but it looks really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks so good. And something I think is very interesting that I would really love to see this dig into more. And I think is one of the strengths of Rogue One, which also is very high up on my list and sometimes hits number one. Rogue One did a really brilliant job of talking about the wreckage and horrors raught by both the rebellion higher echelons of the rebellion and the Empire, and kind of like that really deep truth of who were the people who got the medals at the end of the Stars trilogy and who were the people who died so that that could happen. And this trailer seems to be leaning into that notion of the empire sucks, but who are these people in charge who are leaving this to these young fighters, to these people who have to grovel and beg? And I'm really interested. I love that socioeconomic aspect of Star Wars, and I think this era has you know, they got into it in the Last Jedi. Both people sell them buy the weapons, you know, and I'm very interested to see where it goes, because that was the main takeaway from this trailer was kind of like I felt like they were hinting that we were going to see this kind of underclass who had allowed the Rebellion to become what they are.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what so fascinates me about Roguan. One of the things is this idea that you know, a character like Sagerera who you know, if you you can easily frame him as someone who went too far as a terrorist. Even on the other hand, he was kind of right about everything about the nature of the empire, and he was right early before anybody else was even thinking that way. And ultimately you kind of needed a figure like that, paranoid maybe willing to act when no one else was, in order to spark the thing that would end up being the rebellion. And I love exploring those spaces. I just love exploring that side of it, you know.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, especially you know, it goes back to that conversation from like one of the most iconic fan conversations in Kevin Smith's Cluk's right, what they do? What the rebellion do? What Luke does? They they blow up Death Star, they kill so many people, they commit terrorism that well, it could be argued it was terrorism in under the guise of Chopper.
Speaker 1: A chopper level body count.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, how is that different to what sore is Saw's version is just unsanctioned, right.
Speaker 1: Right, So sad And asked permission, he just wants exactly Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I find that to be a very interesting space and always been about the politics. It's always been about the bureaucracy, how it works, how it happens. And I love that we're now in an era where we're seeing that from a street level, not just from a galactic senate level.
Speaker 1: So very very excited about this, and very very excited about our first look at the Ahsoka series. This of course building off of Ahsoka's appearances in Mando. And after months and months and months of rumor, we have uh casting news with Natasha lu Burdizzo, Australia actress, is gonna play Rebels ghost star wart Sabine Writt. We can expect a live action Harrison Doula, one of my favorite captains of any ship in Star Wars history. And again, if you come to me at the right day, that is my Star Wars wife.
Speaker 3: We see. And also, like, can I just say that this also means speaking of legends, this also means that we might get a live action version of her son Jason, and his name is like I remember watching I wrote about those last two episodes at Slash Film with a colleague of mine and we just that was like our biggest freakap everything that. Those last two episodes of Rebels are probably my favorite TV of all time. Oh it's so good, Like the well Beyond world it changed my life. I still can't believe they haven't built it further into the live action world.
Speaker 1: Beyond Worlds did more maybe than anything, you know, post Legends in terms of expanding our perception of what the Force is.
Speaker 3: How it interacts.
Speaker 1: With living creatures. Just an incredible episode of Star Wars television. And you know, you know, Rebels is my favorite Star Wars. I think that in terms of like a run of Star Wars stories, it's my favorite. You know, season two on is like incredible. The inquisitors again incompetent. They can't catch anybody. They can't catch a half trade Ezra Bridger, who we expect to see in the Asika series. They can't catch an uncited Canaan. They can't catch anybody. But that's fine, we'll get into that more. And Obi wan uh very very excited for the Asoka series. Yeah, and then lastly, in.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: One Surprised News, Obi Wan Kenobi star Moses Ingram plays inquisitor Riva is only the latest actor talent, person involved with Star Wars, person of color involved with Star Wars to suffer racist abuse on social media. This follows, of course, the experiences of John Boyega, Kelly Murray, Tran events that kind of went unremarked upon by the larger corporate powers and their colleagues. That lucasfilm is very, very welcome. Fashion is pushed back about this, tweeting from the official Star Wars account quote, we are proud to welcome Moses Ingram to the Star Wars family and excited for Riva's story to unfold. Of anyone tends to make her feel in any way and welcome. We have only one thing to say, we resist. And then even more directly, there are more than twenty million cente in species in the Star Wars galaxy. Don't choose to be racist. You and McGregor also posted in supportive of Moses, and all I have to say is one, this is not surprising that, you know, for a fandom as large as Star Wars, with a history of kind of like of this kind of thing happening, It's it's unsurprising this happens. Star Wars is such a big fandom, if even if it's only zero point zero zero five percent of the fan population that engages in this toxic behavior. It's still a lot because the fan base is so huge, and it is really really welcome to see lucasfilm push back so strongly against it, because you know, honestly, we don't need those people can perve themselves any thoughts.
Speaker 3: I just agree completely. I love to see you and also standing alongside her, and his message was really good. This is just the bare minimum of what any of these spaces should be doing. It's a shame we have to deal with it, but it is the place where we're at now, and Moses is amazing and we really amazing. We're going to get into why she's such an interesting character, and let's do that right now.
Speaker 1: Up next in the airlock, folks are stepping out of the airlock into the twice baked dunes of Tattooin that are filled with ancient fish meat to discuss the first three parts of the Disney Plus limited series Obi Wan Kenobi. We start this speed light speed recap with part one. We open in really shocking and embracing, emotionally like devastating fashion with the massacre at the Jedi Temple, during Order sixty six, we see the Jedi patawan's falling, their teachers attempting to defend them, but all in vain, and we fast forward ten years later. We meet the Inquisitors, We meet the Grand Inquisitor, we meet Fifth Brother, we meet Third Sister, Reva, and we see them interrogating locals on Tattooine as they search for the various remnants of the Jedi diaspora who have fled the Masker and are still out there somewhere. Young Jedi named Nari played by Benny Safti, the part of the directing duo of the Safe Love, rescues the canteen owner from Riva and he goes on the run. Meanwhile, Obi Wan Kenobi has fully rejected his name obi Wan from his Jedi name. He only goes by Ben. Now it's not all he's rejected. We come to find out over the course of these three episodes that his connection with the force is extremely weak, very very weak, in part consciously because clearly Ben has been so traumatized by the events in his own failure to stop the events some ten years past, that he has willingly disconnected from the forest. Now he's earning his way as a salaried worker butchering sand whale meat and living in a cave, watching young Luke skywalker from Afar and trying to protect him from from a distance, occasionally making contact with his jump again, let's not jump ahead, but like oh and Lard, occasionally making a contact with Owen. Lar's just to check in, and Owen, of course wants very little to do.
Speaker 3: And I just want to say, Owen laws, yes, maybe the sassiest man in the gallaxy. He's delivering some sick bun, which Obi Wan Canobi definitely deserves. If you've ever watched Star Wars, and I know that this is like a fifty to fifty split. Fifty percent of people think Obi Wan is the coolest guy in the world. I understand it, I get it. The other fifty percent like, what is wrong with this guy? He is useless? Why didn't he tell anyone anything? He is like betraying people constantly, like he is just not on it. And you know what, this is a show that has given you an in character, and it's Owen Last, Who's just like what the fuck, Like, please leave my child and my family alone because my brother is dead and I'm just done and it is. It's great to see it, fantastic.
Speaker 1: Nari are on the run for sensitive ex Jedi perhaps comes to Obi Wan excuse me, Ben, he's undercover. That's right, he's Ben. Even though many have said this, but Ben, stop dressing like a Jedi.
Speaker 3: If you don't, I couldn't. Look, he couldn't dress more like a Jedi if he tried. And I'm sure that that is like narratively is like he has that connection. Maybe he doesn't know how to dress any other way because he was stolen at birth by Jedies and raised in robes. But seriously, you go, everyone is walking around this town being like, oh, where's the Jedi, and this guy is just wearing Jedi robes.
Speaker 1: Put on pants, in a shirt, you know what, even.
Speaker 3: A robe that's like purple, even a robe that's not brown, the brown robe is it's too much, man.
Speaker 1: So Nari comes to Ben and is like, oh canlby, You're my only hope.
Speaker 3: He's like, mast like, let's do it, man, we gonna help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta do something like yes, finally, like you know, it's been ten long years. The empire is is it seems unshakable. We have to do something and Ben is like, nope, hey, good luck to you, wish you well, but I'm out of the game. Sorry about it. And it's heartbreaking to watch this because this is where, this is how shattered and traumatized Ben is. And then we go from here to Alderan. We're in it absolutely shocking at the time for me. Development We meet the young princess Ghana, who is precocious, not one to listen to any kind of direction from any kind of adult figure, and it just loves being out here running around the woods. I was not expecting this and it was amazing.
Speaker 3: It's so amazing, and I have to give a big shout out because if you heard, if you listened last week, you would have heard us talking about Kathleen Kennedy saying we can never recast a character d D. I want to give Kathleen five hundred stars for her incredible Red Herring interview that she gave to Vanity Fair because this I was like, the only thing I want in my life is a young princess Leiah show. How will we ever get that if we can't recast? And someone at Lucasfilm was like, ha ha, well here you go.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 3: This show is so good. Even by this point, which you're like fifteen or twenty minutes in, I was like, okay, Youwan is a workhourse. He is selling this like this is unbelievable. But the moment that we're in Olderan and you see these kind of like people dressing a young princess in this costuming that is so obviously Layer, I was just I immediately like teared up. And then when you see this character in this this actress who plays a Vivian Lyrah bless, she is like one definitely named after h Northern Lights by Philip Pullman, and two like she is just so evocative of everything that made Lea so great. She has like this aptitude and just gratitude, this sassy but chill and also like doesn't give a fuck. Like it's it's so good and I can't believe that Disney stealthed us once again, but instead of Baby Yoda, this time it's Baby Layer and I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it so much. We meet Lea, she's running around in the forest. We get what I suspect. I think we both suspect are meant to be hints of her very instinctively using the Force as she runs around at play and later on, despite being directed to not run away and go run through the woods again, she goes and does it anyway and is waylaid by a group of bounty hunters led by Knock Crew aka Flee from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It's quickly real that Knockerws Gang was hired by Reva the Inquisitors to rure Kenobe out of hiding, which is our first hint that Riva is obsessed for whatever reason, with finding Kenoby. Bail organa Jimmy Smith's still collecting checks after all these years.
Speaker 3: This guy had not Jimmy. They knew it. They knew it. They Jimmy could not look more thrilled.
Speaker 1: To appear unscreened. And yet another Star Wars story. I absolutely love it for my guy a heat content X. His old friend gets a message as all friend obi Wan, saying listen, I need you, I need you. Have to You're the only one that I know who can do this. Please help me. And Obi Wan, who has spent all these years trying to reject his identity as a Jedi is connection to the Force, gets on a transport with his lightsaber to head off and try and find Princess Lea. That brings us Part two.
Speaker 3: And that's like another one of my favorite moments in this show that I think really speaks to how these Star Wars TV shows are building out the context and language of these shows is like, at first, Obi Wan tells Bail, He's like, no, no, I've got to look after the boy. And Bail says the thing that every single person in the universe has been saying for so long. It's like the girl matters too, Like she is also your responsibility, Like this is an important person. And we know that that was something that has always lee, It has always been a force to be reckoned with in the galaxy. But as we've gotten later in the kind of franchise's history and more contemporary, more and more people are saying, I want to know more about her, Like why wasn't that, Why wasn't she the chosen one? She was for sensitive blah blah blah blah blah, And I kind of love love that once again, this nod to that conversation and it calls Obi Wan out, and you know what he does, He does the right thing and he gets on that transport and episode two.
Speaker 1: Obi arrives on Dayu, which is an urbanized planet where all off world communication and signals are essentially blocked. This is a crime planet where anything goes, spice dealing, spice trading, you know, creature, alien, human trafficking. OBI walking down the street recognized as an old veteran of the what appears to be the five oh first Clone Troopers. This got me so my god, I was not expecting this. And there's that moment, and this is why umni Girder is so good. There's a moment where it's all on his face. He's like, it's this connection of Oh, here's here's a person, you know, a clone of a person from a group that I worked so closely with for many years. We fought side by side from planet to planet, bled together. But I'm terrified because if this clone recognizes me, Boom or Order sixty six will retrigger and yeah, I'm in trouble. And you're sitting there wondering, like, God, will will he recognize? Will it trigger?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And they just pulled tomorrow. They were like, tomorrow, come over here and play this clone. And I was like, yes, finally, like a recognition of that connection. Yeah, it's I mean, Youwan is just pulling the heavy Judy. He is so good in this role. It's just it's mind blowing to see it. It's so emotionally driven, and so much of it weighs on those close ups on his face of the storytelling that he puts across in like the slightest facial expression.
Speaker 1: And it really is like, you know, delving into this period between a new Hope after the Clone Wars, it is an absolutely tragic period where you know, if you're a surviving Jedi, one, you're terrified, you're afraid. Two all you can think about is how did we fuck this up? How did we feel? Like, yes, Palpatine was right there, and we missed it, all of us, Like Yoda missed it.
Speaker 3: Yoda missed it.
Speaker 1: Missed it, everybody missed it. Uh. Just an unbelievable, unbelievably tragic time and it's and you can really feel it with you And.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I feel like that moment of having the Clone troop of that is like such a great recognition of the real cost of that war, Like it's not just the Jedis who felt it, like it's the Clone truth.
Speaker 1: Clones thrown away too. We don't even need them anymore. You know, we're we're on store trooper time now, like that you can get rid of these clones. We don't need them.
Speaker 3: It's like this, these veterans who have been abandoned by the Empire, by the people who use them in this war. Is there's so much texture and like these little nods that that give this a real that they reill add to that like tragic element of this period.
Speaker 1: Obi is met by a kid named Jacob. It's kind of like a street smart, young street urchin kid. He's like, do you need a Jedi? I know a Jedi if you're looking for you know, if you're you know, you need something some kind of mission accomplished. Guess what I know a Jedi. It was like, that sounds interesting. Yeah, I'd like to meet a Jedi. It turns out this Jedi named Haja es Tree is really just a con man. He's doing good, helping, you know, people get off planet when they really need to get off planet, but you know he's doing it for money, and of course he has no affinity with the Force. He just has some decent sleight of hand skills and really powerful magnets. Obi Wan exposes Haja forces him to help him find lea Later, obi still somewhat tentatively in contact with the force, manages to follow his feelings to a spice lab run by some kind of organized crime group. He gets in there, blows up some beakers for distraction, heads deeper into the building, has a fight with a Datha Marian and a human, and then he finds this room that he's looking for, but of course it's a trap. Vek Knak cru and his Henschees show up. They start beating the shit out of Obi Wan, but then Obi Wan throws a flask of spice on the ground and puts on a mask so he doesn't get high off spice, and he escapes. Finally, deeper in the complex, he finds Leah, and the young princess is like, who the fuck are you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Who are you? I don't know you at all?
Speaker 1: You're to rescue me? You're one fucking guy. Where's the army? Why is why is it? My My dad sends the army in here, and it's a wonderful mirror of the events of a New Hope with later on, you know, Luke Skyworker will come to rescue and be like you you're here to rescue me, and an equally interesting mirror of you know, here's here's here's ben Kenobi rescuing a skywalker, but it's not the one you expect. It's Princess Leah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's I know that a lot. Like some people had been like, oh, isn't this like a plot hole because like before, she just mentioned that she he knew his dad her dad. But actually, if you think about it, in that moment when Luke comes in and he says ben Kenobi, she knows who that is. Yeah, in a hope, she doesn't need it to be obi Wan Kenobi, which is what she says on her little you know, obi wan Kenobi, you're my only hope. I think this actually feels very natural to that, and I also it feels like it adds It's like it's additive, you know, it feels like it adds something to the original trilogy. And also I really think something they're seeding really well here with that question that Leah asks, where she says, you know, where's the army. They're seeding this understanding that Leya is going to come to and it's happening. Yeah, we have to fight. And also as well, why can't my dad send an us Because she's starting to realize that there's something about her lineage, her family that makes her vulnerable. And it's very it's very interesting, and I this fits so well with the new books and the kind of cool canon they've built in about her as a teenager and also a lot of expanded universe stuff where she was like a great a great warrior and a great leader as well. So it's yeah, it's just so good. And I lot her and you and are so good together. The chemistry is like exactly there, and we get so many good moments in this episode. In the next episode where Ben is just seeing Annie and padme when he looks at her and it is just fucking great. It will make you cry.
Speaker 1: It gets you absolutely in the heart. The two slip away in kind of disguise Obi again, still dressed like a Jedi, because this fucking guy, it can't help it. Reva finds a vet, of course, the people that she hired to do this kidnapping job, and she finds them absolutely diluted on spice and she realizes how Obie one must be close. Obi and Layer are heading for a spaceport across town. Meanwhile, the Grand Inquisitor and the fourth Sister and the fifth brother are fucking pissed. Reva's obsession with Kenobe is getting to be a problem. It's a big mess here she is she ended into this fucking kidnapping. The Empire doesn't need a diplomatic crisis with Aldron right now, Like, why are you making waves at that level? You know, like you shouldn't be doing that. Riva's like, listen in what I found to be a very interesting dialogue. I went in the archives. I found a link between Obie and Arghana, and that's how I realized that the princess would be the perfect bait to lure Obi Wan, one of the most dangerous Jedi still alive. Now, they didn't specify what archive, right, but when I hear archives, so the Grand Inquisitor. Back in the Darth Vader comics, the twenty seventeen Darth Vader comics, not the twenty twenty, we learned that the Grand Inquisitor his turn to the dark Side, which was done in secret. Darth had no idea about it. That Emperor did this like as his own pet project and then revealed it to Darth and it's like, hey, you can lead these guys the Grand Inquisitor the way in to turning him. In addition to the torture, so the kobe Is tortures, all the massive torture that they all underwent, was that the Grand Inquisitor, you know, used to be a Jedi padawan, and he was like mad that the the lead archivist of the Jedi Archive, Jedi librarian Jacosta Nu, wouldn't let him read the books he wanted. He wanted all this knowledge, but of course that's not meant for everybody, and DaCosta knew was like no, and that was like kind of his way in. So when he rose to be the Grand Inquisitor and they had access to the Jedi Archive, like he would just spend evenings in there reading everything that he wasn't supposed to read and luxuriating in it. All of which, now later on, this is getting off track a little bit, but I'm just gonna later on to Costa Nu, in an absolutely clutch move, would delete the entire Jedi Archive rather than it fall into the hands of the Empire. This is very very early on, and I wonder, you know, understanding how the Grand Inquisitor feels about archive, the Jedi archive, and probably knowledge in general. It's very interesting to me that Reva would have access to stuff like this, where should be able to find these clues and it and I think we are certainly meant to wonder if this is the Jedi archive.
Speaker 3: Right absolutely, And also I think that what we're getting into now, I mean, this was very heavily in Boba Fet. It's been hinted at in the Mandalorian. It's definitely the kind of space that we're in on DIO. This is a cyberpunk era of Star Wars. If there were Jedi archives, somebody hacked them and somebody has a copy. If there were Jedi archives, the Grand Inquisitor may well have downloaded the things he wanted from before. Then the question is they're doing something really clever with Reva. One of the biggest issues in a lot of Disney stuff, stylear stuff, whatever, is like when they cost a person of color, they make them a villain and they're like irredeemable and they kill them, or they make them a good guy and they kill them. But like with Reva, they're doing something that they never really do, which is Reva has her own reason for being after Obi Wan Kenobi and being a mystery is really just a it's like a step to getting Kenobi, rather than she doesn't really care about the Empire. She doesn't bow down to the the Inquisitors, she doesn't really play by their rules. She has this secondary life. They talk about her being from the gutter, you know, and she has these connections in the Diu Underwel.
Speaker 1: Which I took and I'm sure you did, to mean that she even more than the other inquisitors had gone through the Jedi training process, maybe further than the others. Yes, was taken later perhaps, but perhaps even was one of these kids that survived sixty six. Yes, And and that is why they look down on her so much, is because she is more firmly connected with the Jedi.
Speaker 3: And the Force, because they say to her that her skills and her powers were what got her the standing. And we see later in this episode she's like a wirework queen like also she Interestingly, they're kind of mirroring two aspects of They're mirroring an aspect that both she and Lea seem to share, which is an almost telepathic empathy where they can read situations. And that's a version of the Force we haven't seen a lot, but has been hinted at. And yeah, I definitely think the opening of the first episode, which we talked about briefly, where we saw the younglings being massacred, I think Reavers survived that, and I think that is why she is upset with Kenobi or has this deeper connection to Anakin that we kind of see.
Speaker 1: We will deal. We will delve more into those questions quite soon. So the Great Inquisitor, Listen, they need to work out their chemistry as a team. It's not working. You could get like, like, it's not just this. I understand that they probably caught other Jedi that many of whom we don't know about. But when it comes to crunch time, Calcastis Canaan Jarris, ezra Obi Wan godobis the Jedi to new even like, yeah, there's like extenuating circumsances of that one Farren Barr, who was like a corrupted Jedi. Like they just they step on their own capes and it's very tough, and I think a lot of it is because they can't. They they don't work well as a team, and we saw it here.
Speaker 3: Also, we should say if you are not well fast in this Yeah, the very interesting thing about the Inquisitors that makes them so tragic and a great symptom of this tragic time. They are Jedi who were tortured and time did the dark Side and now hunt down Jedi. So it is like a really brutal, awful thing. I actually think can narratively explain why they're kind of bad at their.
Speaker 4: Jobs, and also because they did not choose, they're like they were like tortured and corrupted, and that they find it very hard and everyone's ambitions, which we see in this episode and in the next episode.
Speaker 3: They're very furious, the ambitions to be near Vader, to be near the ultimate corrupted Jedi, and that kind of seems to be driving everything. And it's really interesting because I feel like, again, like you said, the bad at their job is bad chemistry. This almost seems kind of a bit of an answer to that, because we've all been laughing for a long time, like how do these Jedis survive or to sixty six? Did it work? And I feel like in this show they're kind of trying to build out a little bit more about the inquisitism why it might not be working.
Speaker 1: I think that In addition to that, you know they aren't Siths very consciously get into them a second. But the Sith philosophy is certainly what is animating them, and the rule of two, which said that no two cyths could ever exit more no more than two Sith lords could ever be round at the same time because they try and kill each other. It certainly holds like the ambition that drives the Sith, the paranoia, the lust for power, etcetera, does not necessarily lend itself to working as a team. And then secondarily, Palpatine very consciously does not want them brought up in the Sith tradition and consciously selected ex patawans for sensitives who he thought would never be powerful enough to ever challenge him or even come close to challenging him. So he specifically picked people who were just not that good with the force, which is why when we see Reave of running around the rooftip, we realize, oh, there's something different about her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, the Grand Inquisitor takes Reeve off the case. It's like you're off that you're out of here. He'd caused so much trouble. I will bring in Kenobi myself Riva, of course, is not going to take that. She is not going to give up.
Speaker 3: He can't take the credit.
Speaker 1: She dabs in Kenobi the that's right, So she puts Kenobe's name out on the street all throughout DAYU. Now the whole planet of all these gangsters and criminals and street urchins are all looking for Kenobi and this young princess, Princess Leah is we learn in this sequence. She is curious, she's independent, she is smart beyond her years, but dangerously a little. She is so courageous that she's a little naive about how dangerous things are all around her.
Speaker 3: She does and she's been on older on her whole life, so we're safe. Yeah, she's never been in a situation like this, so she's very much like I'll just saw it out and it's like, babe, your ten and your legs are like two inches long, like it just take us that can hang out with the Jedi.
Speaker 1: As this criminal of all points bulletin goes out, it is received by the kid Jacob and Hadja. They see it and they decide, okay, we have to help. We're gonna help. Meanwhile, the Grand Inquisitor discovers that the whole city now knows about Kenobi, and he's like, fucking and again, I can't believe you. Obi and Leah understanding that the city's hot right now, they hide out in an alley. Uh. Leyah, through their little conversations here realizes hold on a second, I was bait because they're looking for you. They're actually looking for you. Why are they looking for you?
Speaker 3: Who are you?
Speaker 1: What is going on? And she makes a run for it, and now Obi has to like fight all these various street criminals in Dyu, all these bounty hunters while catching up attempting to catch up with the slowest running yet most elusive ten year old ever, which I should say, like there's been a lot of joking about this. I think that I think it's quite clear what they're trying to suggest here through the various chase scenes that we've seen with Leah young Leya, is that she is instinctively using the force to make people miss like she doesn't know she's doing it. They don't maybe know, they don't maybe realize that it's happening. But I think those opening scenes in the forests of all around, we're leading us to that conclusion that she's using the force somehow without knowing it.
Speaker 3: In the first in the forest scene, you kind of very evocative of what we've seen in Leia in the original trilogy and the new stuff. So it was like really emotional, but also there's this great like the best because there's a lot that has been said about these chase scenes. I'm a young layer Stan, so I'm just like, go for it. Maybe you can make it. But like, the one thing that I think they do, the one scene they do really well in that moment is like she slides away from them under a tree and it's like really slick and they still manage to get her because there's so many of them. But definitely in this scene, especially with what we're about to learn about obi Wan, I think that the notion is that the reason that they can't catch her is they kind of it's it's the it's the spell thing that we talked about.
Speaker 1: There's only there's no way.
Speaker 3: You always look the wrong way, you always something distracts you, someone comes in your way, and for some reason, you're an adult man or men and you just can't catch that ten year old And it's the force that's the reasoning.
Speaker 1: In this world, who parkours. It's Jedi and for sensitive people. Yeah, Leah flees to a rooftop. Ben is in pursuit. Also, the inquisitors have been reinforced by a battalion of stormtroopers, and of course Reva is up on these rooftops, just kind of peering around waiting for any kind of clue that Obi Wan has poked his head up. They're up on these rooftops. Ben is trading blaster shots with some random bounty hunters. Meanwhile, he's trying to get Leah to come to him, to come out of safety. She is scared of him. She sees a gap between buildings. She's like, I can jump to this other rooftop to safety. It is way too far, but like again those perhaps those Jedi instincts kicking in telling you you can maybe do this, you know, she leaps, doesn't come anywhere close. Obie manages to reconnect to the force and he in the last minute, saves her life, saves her from falling to her death, and gently deposits her on the ground. On the ground, Hadja points them to a cargo port. Is like he saves their life, which goes unremarked upon, and then he's like, hey, listen, here's how you get out. You go to this cargo port. It's fully automated. There's nobody actually there. It's all droids and computers. You can go there and you can get out. You head to Mapuzo. From there. Obie is like, I don't trust you, but we you know, what choice do I have. They head off to the cargoport. Haja intercepts Reva and he tries to bluffer. He's like, hey, guess why you're looking for Jedi. I'm a jedim here. Uh And she's like, no, you're not. You're not a Jedi, but you know something and I'm going to use the force to pull it out of you. Meanwhile, Obie is getting to know Layup. He tells her that you remind me of someone, and that someone is not spelled out, but certainly by the description is the Duchess Sateine, leader of mandalor.
Speaker 3: I think it's multi I think it's like multifaceted. I see when he stops so, I think when he starts saying it's how he's like, you're really stubborn, and I think he reminds her of Anakin. And then I think he's He's like, you don't let me tell you what to do. And I think she reminds him of Padme and and when he says she was a leader, I think she reminds me. Love that, And I think it's this. I think it's this kind of like he's constantly going through these memories of these three people that he lost, and she is kind of this. She reminds him of what he was trying to save with Satine, and then she is literally like he is looking in the face yes, of these two people who he loved. So I love that. And I had a friend, amazing Joe Alminique, who texted me the exact same thing about Setine. I think it is I think that's like, I think that's the third key of the loss that he is going through, and I think Laya is all of that for him.
Speaker 1: Riva catches up with Obi and Leya at the cargo port. Obi's like, Lea, go go without me, just go get to the ship. I'll meet you there. Obi's connection, as we mentioned, is with the forces very tentative. Riva is kind of searching for Obi amongst all the cargo and she's trash talking him and she mentions that Lord Vader has been looking for him, and then it is in this moment where Obi Wan realizes that Anakin Skywalker survived being maimed on most of far laying laying by him laying on a field of lava. His mission was to stop Anakin Skywalker, to stop the threat of the Syth to the galaxy, to kill him. Obie didn't do it. He walked away. He didn't make sure. He thought maybe the deal was finished and he couldn't bring himself to actually finish him off. He walked away. And it's in this moment almost you know, ten years after those events, that he learns that Anakin Skywalker is alive and has been looking for him. And it is an absolutely terrifying, an incredible moment which leads us to wonder, So this is something we've been talking a lot about and wondering a lot about in our pre production meeting and our calls. Man. Not a lot of people at this time know that Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader. It's like Obi Wan Kenobi, who didn't even know that Anakin was still alive, right, It's Yoda just found just found out knew it right now, He knew that Anakin had been christened Lord Vader by Palpatine, but he didn't know that he was still doing his thing as Darth Vader. He didn't know that, didn't even know that, yeah, it didn't apparently know that Darth Vader was a person in the world Yoda who has been out of it. Emperor Palpatine, of course, who turned him. Jocosta Knu, the librarian of the Jedi Archive, who found out because and this is like the first year of Darth Vader's existence. Darth Vader goes into the Jedi Library and the security droid there is like Anakin Skywalker. I recognize you. You're not You're not cleared to come into this area, and Jocosta overhears that, and much to her shock, discovers that Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader. And that is terrifying. Grandma of Tarkan or just mop Tarkan at this time, who does not who does know? He figures that he kind of salutes it out Phara enough.
Speaker 3: It's like very early on, and he probably hasn't told anyone, right, he probably hasn't hearned it totally.
Speaker 1: And this is like and that's like five years into the Empire. So a number of years before this and after Jakastanu Farren Barr, who was the ruined Jedi who was secretly advising the King of Mancala Lee Char and was kind of manipulating was not even kind of was manipulating the Mancalamari into direct conflict with the Empire, hoping to spark the rebellion. But he knew because he had seen the videotapes I think the security tapes from the Jedi Temple. He knew that Anakin Skywalker was Darth Vader. He talks about it. This is in the Darth Vader comic and he tells his acolytes all about it. So his acolytes, I guess, would also.
Speaker 3: Know, and.
Speaker 1: Not that many others. We think Masamda must have known. The Grand Visy was the Empire.
Speaker 3: When it works out, but it's not confirmed that we could find.
Speaker 1: But the fact that Reeven knows and is just throwing the name out there is very notable to me. And as we're gonna talk about in part three, she seems to have a special relationship with Yep with anagain Skywalker Darth Vader. So did Anakin save her from the Master did he take kind her his wing?
Speaker 3: What? How does she know?
Speaker 1: And how does she feel so comfortable just revealing this, because that's a bit.
Speaker 3: This is a big deal. I think that Anakin as we know him, even in his Darth Vader form, especially if you've read those Darth Vada comics, you know that there is still an internal battle going on and he has accepted the dark side, but he he feels guilt and he does wonder about You can tell that he wonders about what could have been like this different path he could have gone on. And I I wonder if he saved Reaver and potentially are the younglings because that him killing those young Wings was the moment he turned to the dark side, and that is kind of I wonder if there is a level of reflection and guilt there. And also this fits in very well to this comic book version of Anakin slash Vader that we met. Who can have these unexpected alliances with people like doctor Afrez, like there are relationships that can be built there even in this person that we thought was this cold blooded, cold hearted, fully dark side person. No, this is still the era where he was able to make connections with people. He was able to make alliances and Reavera knows she knows before obi Wan like that's his brother, his lover, whoever, whatever way you read it, like that is the person he was most connected to. And we get to see that as like the episode ends in like give, give you and all the awards for that final scene.
Speaker 1: It's all there on his face and it is it is. It's truly shocking, truly truly shocking. The as this trash talking has happened, the Grand Inquisitor shows up and he's like, ah, I caught you, Reva, I caught you disobeying my orders trying to bring in obi Wan Kanomia. I'm gonna do with myself. I gonna show you hat's done. And Riva's like nope, and she stabs him through the gut.
Speaker 6: Killing him.
Speaker 1: No, he's actually fine.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: For those of you know that because of the cannon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we know that for the because of rebels and then the other canon comic book stuff. He he uh. I won't say what his fate is. For those of you who want to take that journey, it's a really fun one. He he ends up leaving the story in a very interesting way. I'll just say that, but he is still alive right here, although the show is clearly playing very coy with it for those who were just into the live action, haven't done the animated stuff for the comic books and aren't aware of what goes on with the grandom prisoner. He is out here for a number of years later, being incompetent yet again, Obie and Lea make good their escape. All the way in the cargo ship, Obi feels his old pupil and in reaching out with the force, and then far away in Fortress Vader on Mustafar. It is back to tank Anakin's eyes open and we get chills. Oh my god, what what a moment?
Speaker 3: Yeah, obi obi Wan says, I kid, and then we hear that James L. Jones, he's back ninety one years young, giving us the doth Dade.
Speaker 1: Sounding as strong as ever.
Speaker 3: That moment is just like I already thought. I was like they got me with these first two episodes. I didn't know how it was going to be feeling about this show. But baby Lea like, I love this, This is everything I want. Obi Wan, who's introspective, But that moment when they reignite that connection and you remember why the pre course has stood the test of time. Why these characters mean so much to people that connection between them is just like that is that's like they felt like a historic momently in Star Wars, but also in like Prestige TV. Like Debra Chow's doing such a brilliant job in these episodes, and that framing of Ewan's face and then seeing that reflection of the back to tank and the eyes opening, you know that Darth Vader has been in his suit all the time, like living this Darth Vader, right, that's the notion, But in that moment, it almost makes you feel like he's just been in the back to Tank for ten years waiting to hear Obi. You know, it's like they there's it's that it feels that huge, that monumented. I mean, that's got to be one of the that is like Disney always does a good job teasing with the the episode amounts that they choose, whether it's three, whether it's two, whatever, that's going to be the hook where you're just like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it hooked me.
Speaker 3: That was very smart to do that episode now.
Speaker 1: Very smart to just drop those two first. And that takes us on to Part three release this week. On the cargo ship out a diu Obi Wan meditates on these recent and very very troubling events, including the revelation that is old Patawan Anakin Skywalker is alive and is doing a lot of mass murdering across the galaxies. Lord Darth Vader Ben tries to connect with the spirit the energy of his old mass or Quai gon Jin through the force, but his connection is just too muddled, it's too weak. Still, he is inundated instead with these troubling images and memories. He sees Darth Vader emerging from his back to tank suiting up. He hears and remembers snippets of conversation from his clash with Anakin at the end of revel to the scyth on the slopes of Mustafarr and elsewhere. He hears Reva taunting him. Meanwhile, across the galaxy on Mustafar Fortress, Vader Darth emerges from his tank. He has a zoom call with Reva. So this is what we were talking about, the fact that they have nobody contact. Vader doesn't really have one to one conversations with a lot of people, you know. It's like really just it's like Tarken level people. You know, it's it's the not a lot of other people. So he has this zoom call of Reva. He harangues her for her failure to capture Obi Wan. Reva's like, by the way, the Obi Wan stabbed the Grand Inquisitor, and Darthur is like, I don't care.
Speaker 3: He's like, he is a relevant I.
Speaker 1: Don't give a shit about the Grand Inquisitor. Uh, which I'll get into it later, and he Vader doesn't care about the Grand Inquisitor. He's obsessed with finding his old master. Darth is like, listen, I know what you want. You want to be the Grand Inquisitor and guess what you find obi Wan Kenobi. I think I can make that happen. But if you fail, and you know, Darth Vader doesn't need to finish the sentence when d Vader says, if you fail, you just better not fail. On the cargo ship, Ben fixes Lea's little droid Lola, and then they have a talk about the Force. Lea's like, what does it feel like?
Speaker 5: What's it like?
Speaker 1: He's the Force? You know, would it like to be a Jedi? And he uses this really wonderful metaphor says I love this so much. Absolutely. He's like, have you ever been afraid in the dark and then you turn on the light? What's it feel like? She's like, it feels safe. He's like, that's what it feels like. I thought this was just wonderful. Absolutely, one ten out of ten. They arrive on Mapuzo, which is an out of the way mining system, kind of like the industrial heartland of the Galactic Empire. They follow Haydra's coordinates to the meeting point to find their contact, and they set out walking in that direction. Ben is growing more and more concerned with Leah's trusting nature, her instinct to see the world is like inherently good, and he snaps at her a little bit. It's like, everything is not good, Leah, everything around us is not safe and good. He had just I should add, seen a vision of Anakin standing on a hillside right before this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our first glimpse of Hayden and possibly why they recost Hayden and why how are we going to sign? We will more to the four.
Speaker 1: We will talk about this and talk about that exact thing more. Meanwhile, Reva arrives at Fortress Inquisitorious as our first live action look at the home base of the Inquisitors. We first saw it in a Jedi phone in order. She's called in for a meeting with fifth brother and fourth sister probably I don't think they've identified her yet, but fourth sister, and she's like, hey, so Obi got on a cargo transport to some mining system somewhere and we should do something about it. And Fifth Broen is like, listen, I know what's going on. You want to be the Great Inquisitor, but guess what, I'm next in the line to be Grand Inquisitor, So watch yourself. And he uses the force to kind of like make her bow reva, then flexes on everybody by saying, oh, yeah, well, I just got off the phone the FaceTime with you know, my friend Darthy Vades. You might know him as Darth Vader. I call him. I call him Darthy. We're close. We text sometimes, and yeah, I just got off the phone with him, and I don't know. He told me that I am to lead the hunt for Obi Wan Kenobi. So when I say launched the probe to the mining systems to be a launching, you better fucking do it, because Darth Vader told me, Now, launch the fucking probes probes go launching. Ben and Lea on Mapuzo agree on a cover story if they're asked, they are visitors from Tall and Leah's name is Luma. But also Ben is like, don't talk, just don't talk at all. You talk a lot, you have a propensity to get involved in conversations with people, and just don't, please, don't do it. They arrive at the coordinates for the meeting and no one's there, nothing, nobody what to do next. Leah's like, I know, I see a truck. I'm gonna flag him down. Ben is like, is that a good idea? But Lea is already doing it, flags down the driver. His name is Frek, and Frek is a big, big fan of the Empire. He loves the Empire. He thinks it's great.
Speaker 3: He's like, what's wrong with some more dark? What's your Dutch?
Speaker 1: You with a doll up of order in the universe?
Speaker 4: Didn't we need that?
Speaker 1: I think we needed it, and I think the universe is better for it. Good imperial people. I love it.
Speaker 3: He's loving it. He's also like hilariously friendly, like he's just like a really chill guy on the road.
Speaker 1: A squad of Stormtroopers Hale's freck to catch a ride. They know him well, you know, they know him as a lover of the Empire. The Troopers, it turns out there on the lookout for Jedi. Uh, they're just happens to be a guy riding in the truck with him, just exactly.
Speaker 3: But you know what, they don't even worry about it. They don't worry about terrible at finding Jedi.
Speaker 1: They are very very bad at it.
Speaker 3: Obi they they are tired. I have to say, this is like another thing I think this era of Star Wars, even from like the new trilogy, has done really well, is like building in a little bit more humanity. Yes, for whoever's in the Stormtrooper suits. And these Stormtroopers are battered, they're dirty, tired, they have to get a freck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can't even get they can't even give They don't have a vehicle for them, no speeders, just walking around.
Speaker 3: It was. It was hilarious yet absolutely believable in the context of what we see that they kind of just even when what happens next happens, you believe it, yes, which is impressive.
Speaker 1: So they the other they questioned Ben a little bit where you're from. What's going on? He's like, I'm from Tall. We're here because her u is my daughter Luma, her mom's people are from here, and so we were just visiting. And then Obi fucks up and uses Lea's real name, but then covers it up by saying, uh, you know, her mother again just passed and that was her name and things have been really, really, really tough since then. But in this conversation, Leah again the fourth sensitive person who just instinctively can empathize, as you said, Rosie, with people and feel things. She knows that Ben knew her real mother her and she can tell that he's been hiding something probably related to that, but whatever it is, it's certainly painful. The troopers get off the truck and Leah asks, men, are you my real dad? Like is that what's going on here? It is a really sad moment.
Speaker 3: By the way, and he's like the saddest thing is He's like, I wish and I'm like, so does everyone else who watches wish that you were the more age appropriate pairing for Padme. They did such a good job in that moment, and again you and kills it like the chemistry between them is perfect, and it's another bit of that great storytelling where you can just the reason Leah knows is because like when he is looking at her and saying the stuff we miss her mother. You know it's true. It's just about padme, you know. And when he's like, yeah, like I wish I could say I was or whatever I was, just like wow, that is like so real, and then we get like a we get like a huge obi Wan moment as well well to.
Speaker 1: Hearing so Ben is like listen, I uh. He doesn't tell her, of course, who a real dad is.
Speaker 3: And he like derails it with his own emotional He is.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, but you know, listen, I know what it's like to wonder who your real parents are. The JEDID came from me when I was very young. I still have snippets of memories of you know, my mom and my dad and my brother. Wait what what.
Speaker 3: This is? Like? I absolutely love these shows. Yeah, I'm sure that they're just doing what the Marvel shows do, where they just like throw in some like canon that if it was legit would be absolutely explosive. So kind of like the notion of obi Wan's brother is like a huge controversial fandom drama, and it goes back to the A Return of the Jedi novelization by James Kahan, where it is claimed that Obi Wan is the brother of Owen Lars Luke Skywalker with brew. Now, that essentially stayed in the Expanded Universe canon. It was referenced multiple times, it was built on it. Sometimes. I think he was references like he was his stepbrother. Maybe, But what basically that stayed in that Expanded Universe canon as a truth until Attack of the Clones Because in Attack of the Clones we see Smi, who is Anakin's mom, who is left by Qui gon Jin. She the guy she marries the guy who bought her, and then that makes Anakin and Owen Lar's step brothers in the current Star Wars canon. But saying Obi Wan Kenobi remembers having a baby brother is gonna make fans go, oh my god. Yeah, especially with the sassy relationship that Ohen.
Speaker 1: It is clearly what they are hinting at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they want you. I'm could it come to something? It could? I mean the notion of ober One from ob telling Anakin you were my brother. Anakin is like one of the most famous moments in Star Wars history. So I would be interested to see if they wanted to try and find a way around canon to to make something of that connection between the three of them and to make him more of a clinical family member of Luke and Lea. But that was such a huge moment that I was yelling because it's like, it's like they wanted to set the fandom on fire. I haven't even really been on the internet today, and I'm sure there's like five hundred articles about that because that was just like, oh my god, I texted you guys immediately. It was just like it is they did it.
Speaker 1: It was one of many kind of like huge drops in this very episode. The truck continues on its way, Frek stops at a checkpoint and he gets out, and he warns the troopers that are manning the checkpoint that, hey, I want to take a look at my passenger. Some weird about that guy.
Speaker 3: Oh shit.
Speaker 1: Ben pulls up his hood so that he can look specifically, very much more like a Jedi than he already did. I don't know if that was the right move, and things go sideways extremely quickly, and the inquisitorious probe one of the probes that they sent out across galaxy shows up and scans Ben's face. He shoots it, but not before it can upload his information to the Imperial Cloud. There is a shootout. Ben takes out the stormtroopers, but unfortunately another squad of stormtroopers pull up and it looks like it is curtains for our friends Ben, Kenobi and the young Princess Leah. But then, of all people, the imperial officer who arrives with that squad of stormtroopers by the name of Tala saves Ben Lea. Turns out she is a double agent, so to speak. There's no real rebellion at this time, but she has been working to undercut the Empire in any way that she can. She takes them to a safe house, which is a stop on an escape route for Jedi on the run Imperial dissidents for sensitive children called the Path.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is a really cool The Path leads to a planet called Jabim, and Jabim is like an old Legends stalwart planet that was always getting mentioned in comics and books, and there was battles on Jibim. It's a relevant place. If you've read the legend stuff, you probably recognize it, And I think that's just another really cool way that these shows are kind of building in that expanded universe world. And of course the canon animation stuff that we're seeing like play such a huge part.
Speaker 1: The inquisitors now know where Ben is. Fifth brother says, hey, Riva, don't don't bother informing Vader. I already told him. I got his number.
Speaker 3: I called him and I told him, and guess what, he was really excited about it. So just hollow calling Vader like Vada's lonely. He's just sitting in the house like he's he's got his like he's got his DMS open. He's like, please, anyone, anyone, like tell me what's going on with Obi. I need to know.
Speaker 1: So the Empire is now heading towards Mapuzo in force. Lea is now start after seeing all this violence up close, people dying, that stormtroom is gonna cut in half, she and seeing this escape route by people who are on the run from the Empire. She now is beginning to understand how dangerous things are all around her, and she is like, man, I wish I shouldn't have snuck away. I shouldn't have done that. That was really I see how silly that was and how childlike that was in this extremely grown up, in adult and merciless situation, bends like that's it wasn't your fault. You're a child. You should not have been thinking like that. Inside the safe house, our friends meet ned Be, a loder droid who quote isn't allowed to communicate, leading us all to expect that ned B will communicate at some point, right ned B will There is something to come with Nedb. Tala tells our friends that the Empire is hunting for sensitive kids for reasons unknown. We know the reason, at least in part, is to torture them and turn them into inquisitors, turn them into the hounds of the Empire. Should add that as part of the Jocostan new arc in the Darth Vader comic, the reason that Palbatine wants Jakostun who captured and wants her not to be killed. He tells Darth Vader, He's like, you got to make sure that nothing happens here before you take your prisoner. Is that she has in her possession a list of all the sensitive for sensitive kids throughout the galaxy. So there's not the first time that such a list has come up. It comes up in rebels too, but Darth then gets a hold of the list but then destroys it. One of those moments where Darth does something good for reasons that are unclear. I think the reason that you're meant to think about it in that moment is Darth doesn't want any competition. He doesn't want any kids. He doesn't want Palpatine raising up any junior Darth Vaders to come and take his place. He wants that position all to himself. And I'm sure that's a large part of it. But there's also the part of it of no more, no more killing in my name. That's we are meant to at least hope that that is part of it. So we understand the Empire has been hunting for sensitive kids continue to do so. In a secret room at the head of a hidden passage, there is all this graffiti of the people that have come through here and that continue to use this place, and one of the names then recognizes it's Quinlan Voss. Quinlan Voss, who who we know from the Clone Wars and other places, is kind of like a Jedi, much like Qui gon Jin was like a Jedi who didn't adhere strictly to the Jedi dog, addressed in a different way, acting in a different way, was really his own type of person. Really interesting that Quinlan. There's been other hints elsewhere that Quinlan survived again. In the Darth Vader comic, Farren Barr mentions that it's rumored that Quinland survived. I think there's a mention of rebels that maybe he survived. But this is perhaps our first hard confirmation that Quinlan Voss is out here. And Tala says, yeah, Quinland's actively helping us. He's been helping shepherd kids through this path. And there's another bit of Jedi graffiti here that reads, only when the eyes are closed can you truly see? And this seems to resonate with Obi Wan in that moment. And as they are about to head off down the tunnel to the spaceport to leave, they hear something outside a commotion. Stormtroopers are arriving to search Tala's workshop, but they don't find a secret room or the tunnel. Leah watches Tala with fascination as she's like gearing up to take them to the spaceport. She's putting on her holster putting in her blaster. And it is clear in this moment, this wonderful bit of foreshadow, we're getting so much foreshadowing with young Leyah that Tala says something like, I put the holster on the other side and the opposite side of most people do, so I can draw quicker. And clearly Leah is inspired by the courage, the fierce dedication of this woman in this nascent rebellion. It's so early on that we don't even have a word for what this movement is. There is no even word for rebellion. She's just acting, you know, as like an independent person with other like minded people to try and undercut the empire in any way that she can. And it's clear that that Leah is inspired by this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And in a really cool moment, she's like, can you teach me how to shoot? Yeah, She's like she's like trying. She's like and I think Teala's like, wow, one day she's gonna be a fight, you know it. It's like you can see Lair in the future with that loss that like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really great because like, listen of the courage here is Leya's courage reads as childlike naivete. But all of that is a through line. I was again going back to Rogue one and watching it. It's wild that Princess Leah went to the Battle of Scariff, which like not this was, you know, the Battle of Scaiff happened because Jinner so and uh and the rest just we're like, we have to do this. The rest of the rebellion is too scared to do it, and they went and that inspired others to go, you know, to go do it. And the fact that Princess Lea was one of those people who's just like, I'm gonna put myself directly in danger in this major battle that is not even really sanctioned by like all of the rebellion says a lot about Princess Lair and her willingness to put herself directly into harm's way, something that we see early on just by who she is, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's so well established here as well, because like this is only like nine years away from a New Hope. Yeah, you know, Laya is a teenager in a New Hope. So in Rogue it's like she is still that young woman and it and it feels so true to her to see her as a kid being that brave, you can understand how she becomes that leader.
Speaker 1: Tala says to Ben, I can't believe that the great Obi wan Kenobe would be like she would be scared of anything, and Ben again recoils from that name, insists on being called Ben, and they start to go down the tunnel to escape, but as soon as they do that, Ben feels a malign evil presence. Darth Vader is here and you hear screams outside, so they go to peek outside to see what's happening, and what is happening is an absolute horror show. Vader is killing anyone who is around in order to rule out his old master, hoping that he will. You know, that's what we expect from a Jedi, right Seeing this Jedi would ignite their lightsaber go out there. Ben instead says, listen you Tala, take Lea, get out of here, and he goes out, but he doesn't go to face Darth Vader. He just runs runs away. In a quarry somewhere near the town, he comes face to face with Darth Vader, and but again he's reluctant to face him in battle, and Ben fleees, but he can't he can't go far enough. He knows that he can't escape Darth Vader. So he knites his lightsaber very reluctantly, and he comes face to face with Darth and he says, in terrified like, what have you become? And Darth says, heartbreakingly, but really really evinly, I am what you made me. Darth says, it's like.
Speaker 3: It's so true and so sad. When he said that, I was just like, it's there is writing in this show. That's like, it's so simple, but it's just that in that you know six words. That is every guilt and fear and sadness that Obi Wan has because he knows it's true. Yeah, that is the that is the true failed.
Speaker 1: Jed I failed. Jet I failed their ability to do their their job to bring order the galaxy and fight the Scythe and keep them at bay. They failed at it in the most tragic way. They failed this young uh, this young for sensitive padawan who became a Jedi, who became a Sith Lord. They failed to help him aslong as way. And now not only that, but Ben failed in the moment when he needed to have steel in his heart and he needed to strike anak and down. He didn't do it, and now he is faced with the consequences Darth Vader, who has been mass murdering across the fucking galaxy. It's also like one of the fascinating things that I think about all the time with with Star Wars is it's also it's also a little bit of projection, like Anak, and Darth takes some responsibility for what you did. I understand that, yes, you were working, you were under the influence of Palpatine, an incredibly powerful Sith lord that nobody knew was around, and you were seduced by him and brought into the dark side, and yes, that happened, and the Jedi failed, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. But also you struck down kids, children in multiple at the Jedi temple, and you need to own that. And eventually he gets there, But in this moment, he it's somebody else's problem. It's somebody else's fault. He didn't. This is your fault for making me what I am. And that's true on some level, but also not true on another level. Meanwhile, the Inquisitors and the Special Stormtroopers they're searching town, Reava breaks away from them heads into Tala's workshop, where she finds the secret room, finds the tunnel, sees the sign of the Jedi carved into a wall, and something awakens in her. She becomes enraged, some emotiontional hit happens. Yeah, it's clear there is some connection with the Jedi, something about them that drives her.
Speaker 3: I definitely feel like that, you know, only with your eyes closed can you truly see? That sounds like something that telling jedis when you put in on the helmet and you can't see and you'll and I feel like there's something about seeing that sign and seeing these words that were probably told to her when she was training as a youngling. It is like a pharh rage that she is just overcome with. And it is obviously triggered by a trauma response to the Jedi.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And there's also you know, part of the Sith seduction to the dark Side is your eyes have been closed. The Jedi have been lying. They want you to keep your eyes closed and not see the true nature of the force. So here is this Jedi saying, you know a bit of Jedi wisdom that directly not only it hits her on an emotional level, but triggers that torture that she's gone through, that philosophy that's ingrained in her, that the jed I've been lying to you, they've been keeping the truth. Further on, Tala at Leiah's urging some bit of force persuasion here, maybe.
Speaker 3: Right, she does seem like she just tells how to do it.
Speaker 1: Tells her go back, go back and help obi Wan. She's just like, yeah, go ahead, go and Tala just heads back to face the most dangerous man, the most mass murdering man in the galaxy. And again, this is one of those moments where I agree with you. I there are these hints that Leah is this very powerful force sensitive and there it is. She just tells somebody to do something and they go and do it. Of course, Tala has that will to resist in her, but she she goes. Darth can feel in the midst of this duel how weak Ben has become with the four and he's almost disgusted by the toys with his former master. Rather than strike him down immediately, he instead sets him on fire. He sets a fire on the ground and then holding obi Wan above it, slams him down with the force into the fire and then drags him across and it's brutal and but before Darth can take obi Wan prisoner to further torturem is very clear he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Yeh because he said he was like, I'm not gonna Key's like, your pain is not over yet, no him, Yes, you're going in back to time.
Speaker 1: We are going to extend this pain. You were going to continue to feel it. But before that can happen, Tala and herdroid Ned come to the rescue. They manage to spirit Ben away. They blow up a tank of some kind of explosive crystals, and now Darth Vader and obi Wan are separated by this fire, much like they were on Mustafar, separated by fire. Yet again they managed to spirit Bent away. Darth is foiled. He there's the classic Darth Vader staring at the thing that he now cannot have and then turning away and discussed foiled again, but not for the last time, surely in our story. Tala then tells Ned get the transport ready, we're taking Ben. We got to get Ben to Jabeim. Leah continues down the tunnel where she's to meet her contact that will take her to Jabim, but instead she finds Riva, who says, I'll take you from here.
Speaker 3: Bum boom boom. Yeah. They do such a good job as well, because like Leah's like, are you my contact? And she says, no, they couldn't make it. I'll take it from here. And there's a moment where Leah believes that, and then Leah looks to the viewer and sees the dead bodies of the contact and then just tries to breathe truly a.
Speaker 1: Man. What a boa stunning episode, stunning, stunning, so action from end to end. Some questions remain, which we will continue to think about. I think that it's almost a foresure thing that at some point ben Kenobi will accept his name obi Wan Kenobi in some moment of triumph, right, And I think that a precursor to that will must be his successfully contacting his old master Uh, who he failed to contact at the beginning of this episode. Qui gon jin, he will, he will? We will see Liam Neeson in force ghost form, right. I feel like that has to happen.
Speaker 3: That's definitely gonna happen. And I think a big journey that Obi Wan is gonna go on in this episode and way halfway through the season now, But I definitely do think that he is gonna go on that journey to reconnect with the Force, and I think that it will probably be some connected to Anakin slash Vader, Like I also wonder if Vader will like mockingly use his name or mockingly call him Ben and he'll sort of reclaim Obi Wan. But I'm yeah, I'm very interested definite Force ghosts Qui gone, which is gonna be like they'll have to do some narrative shifting to kind of and some playing with some stuff to make that possible. But I definitely think that's where we're headed, especially because right now we know his connection to the forces weak, and we're gonna need a really visible way to see that it's growing stronger. And I think it's going to be by connecting. Yeah, it's to that to his master.
Speaker 1: It is so tragic to see him this disconnected from the this you know, running from his former student. This is the guy who went toe to toe with Count Dooku, went toe to toe with Grievers, General Grievers. Yeah, toe to toe time and time and time and time again with Darth Maul, and now here he is unsure if he can hold his own with Darth Vader. It's really really tragic, but you feel like we've got to see him at the end of this. Obi Wan will be obi Wan again. You mentioned Hayden Christensen Darth Vader. It feels like, listen, you don't cast Hayden Christiensen just to put him in the Darth Vader armor where we never see his face except like in the back to tank, you know, behind back to bubbles, without even hearing his real voice. James or Jones again sounding stronger than ever doing the voice of Darth Vader, which leads me to wonder, does the helmet come off? Does it get damaged? Does he take it off? Does Obi Wan knock it off? Does it come off in the midst of some kind of fight, or do we get a flashback some kind of scene of Darth in his own mind connecting with the force and meditating in that way we saw. There's wonderful panels in the Darth Vader comic of Darth meditating, and you see him on some kind of force realm force plane, surrounded by fire and red angry energy, but also these little blue force butterflies, which we are meant to interpret as like the little kind of tricks of the light shining through in the darkness. I wonder if what we see to allow us to understand why.
Speaker 3: I think we get versions of both. Yeah, I think that there's almost certainly going to be some kind of human connection between the two without the mosque. I think that's likely. But I also think that some kind of force plane we talked about well beyond wild Yes, I think that there is this bigger notion of what the force can do and how it can connect us. We saw it with Ray and Kylo when they were force like facetiming each other and being in the same space. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a version of that where Anakin is Anakin is Hayden and you and McGregor, and that is where they connect and where they speak to each other, some kind of meditative force plane where they both still see him in that way, which would make sense also flashbacks, but I do think that because of the nature of the prequels and them existing and then being so key, I don't know how much literal flashbacks will get. But I definitely think that it's not just going to be Hayden standing for a moment as in his cloak, you know, like we saw in this episode, I think there's definitely going to be more to his role, and I'm really excited to see where they go with it because they're definitely leaning into the emotion of this story that kind of means so much to fans and also is so key to kind of why people love you and so much is obi Wan.
Speaker 1: Reva, We got to find out what her deal is with obi Wan, what her connection to Darth Vader, whatever that is, what you know, what kind of special relationship she has with Vader, seemingly has with Vader, what the nature of that is. But also it feels like, listen, what is one of the core themes devices of Star Wars is someone in the dark being pulled back to the light, and Darth Vader tells her, listen, you can be the Grand Inquisitor if you succeed, but if you fail, guess what. And it feels like Reva is at the end of all of this, we know that the Grand Inquisitor spoilers still alive because he exists in canon going forward and he's still in that position. So it feels like Reva doesn't get the job. I e she fails, meaning at some crucial moment, does Reava turn away from the dark Side do something good finally and is struck down by Darth Vader or someone dies in that turn to the light It feels like I think that will happen. It feels like we got to see that.
Speaker 3: I think that's really likely. My hope would be that she gets to live on in some kind of Obi Wan esque self imposed exile rather than dying. Yeah, you know, like the but she does that good thing and it pits her against Anakin, and it seems quite likely that she may die. But I think that they're trying to recontextualize how they kind of play into those tropes. So I hope we could see something else. But I definitely think a turn to the light side is likely, especially because, like you said, the Inquisitors are not Sith, they are Dark Side users. Yeah they are, And that is long in a controversial space in the in the Star Wars cannon of this like someone who can use both sides of the force, and and what does it mean to do that? And I think it'll be really interesting to see. I think that the Blue Butterflies is a great nod of of of this importance of the light side that's still able to be there. I think Disney actually did like a kid's cartoon that had Kylo Ren and he was playing with blue butterflies when he was a baby, and there was a lot of talk about like what did that mean and what did the blue butterflies mean for somebody who's going to turn from the dark side and eventually turn back to the light. So I think that's a really great I wouldn't be surprised to see a few fluttering by. But yeah, I'm really interested to see where Reaver's journey goes because it feels like it feels like her anger towards the Jedi is likely very justified.
Speaker 1: I think that Jedi fucked up in a million different ways.
Speaker 3: Nature of the Jedi is key to the so even Obi Wan talks about it for the first time, we really hear someone say, you know, I was taken away from my family as a child, and I was raised by the Jedi and they became my family. But that's still not a great way to run a society or like a strange elite force. So I'm really interested to see where Reava's story goes, and also Reavas seems to me like a character who's ripe for like a comic book and a book and all kinds of things exploring their story. More so, I'm excited to see how that gets expanded out in Canada.
Speaker 1: And then finally, you know, we're in this age of bringing in these get characters from the extended Star Wars universe into the live action space. We saw Black Chrysantin of Course and Book of Boba Fett and Black Croysantin of course is known to work closely with doctor Afra, the kind of independent and fears and trash talking archaeologist who's kind of an im moral gray Ara, but a really fun and independent character. I think all of us are expecting at some point in time, and we're expecting in Bookovet that maybe doctor Affra would show up. And I think other people have said this, but we're waiting for Maya Erskin from Pen fifteen fame to show up in this story. And it feels like if you wanted to cast doctor Afra, you could do a lot worse than my Erskin.
Speaker 3: And the timeline is right.
Speaker 1: The timeline is right if that were to happen.
Speaker 3: And yeah, when you said this, I was just like, I need this to be the case because that costing would be so brilliant, and also it speaks to why you would have to have Hayden, yes, because if you have Afra, then you like have a relationship between her and Vader, an antagonistic alliance of survival that needs and that would be a very interesting use of Hayden. And it would also deal with one of the biggest issues with doing Afra in live action, which is she needs to be alongside Vader at some points. So if you do it now, if Hayden doesn't necessarily want to come back and be Vader again, you don't have to deal with that issue. You can just have Afra and you've already established that connection here. I love this casting. I am like crossing my fingers because he's very under the radar. You were like, I'm sure people have said this, and I googled it and maybe like two or three places and not like the usual the usual kind of suspects said maybe this was could be the case. So I am I am crossing my fingers because that PEM fifteen is so great and Maya is just like a fucking talent, and it would just be such good, cool, fun really funny.
Speaker 1: Really. For those of you not up in Doctor Afra, uh, check out some of the Doctor Afra comic books of the Marvel Star Wars comics. She's got her own title. And I'll just say that her relationship with Vader. We talked about these unlikely alliances that Vader strikes for reasons that are hard to unpack. Sometime they seem like purely ambitious to further he's evil, but they also seem to hint at something else, and the relationship they have, and Afra's courageousness and the way she deals with Vader is really unique, and man, it would be great if that was.
Speaker 3: That would be such an interesting counterpoint to the fear that everyone currently has to have that kind of fearlessness, and it would be an interesting reflection of Reva too, this kind of person who can ally themselves with Vada when they need to. Yeah, I am hoping that's like my biggest one. I mean, everything else about this show, like unless it's going to be some weird, deep cut thing that only I care about that already delivering, like the young Leya, the introspective obi Wan. So that's now my that's my pet theory I am. I'm manifesting Maya as is not that well.
Speaker 1: We can't wait for the next episode. Check check this space. Check us a week from Friday, where we'll talk about the next episode of E we Want. We're super excited about it up next nerd Out. In this week's nerd Out, a recurring segment where you tell us what you love and why, Heidi pitches us on The Three Body Problem by Eluji shin the first novel and the Remembrance of Earth's Past trilogy. It's a great sci fi.
Speaker 5: Hello X ray Vision physics fans alike. My name is Heidi and I teach university physics, which is why I'm excited to share with you my love and excitement for the Remembrance of Earth's Past novel series, or commonly referred to as the Three Body Problem. I was first introduced to the novel while listening to one of Jason's many COVID sucks. I'm stuck in the house and you're stuck in the house, so let's talk about nerd stuff twitch streams. He highly recommended the novel for its mind bending, hard science fiction rendition of Earth's first encounter with an alien race. At the time, I was a master student studying space system's operations and was craving more space based sci fi content, and this epic tale checked all the boxes. This Hugo Award winning novel series is the product of Chinese science fiction author chich India. In today's world, China is a country that is quietly making considerable gains in the realm of space, both scientifically and militarily, which drew me into the work. In the novel, citizens of Trisolaris have found a way to contact the people of Earth through a virtual reality game that transports its players into the horrors of the experience living on a planet stuck in the three body system n body systems refer to three or more bodies interacting with each other gravitationally and orbital mechanics. Two bodies will predictably orbit each other. However, when a third body is introduced, the number of variables becomes unmanageable and physics begins to break down, creating what scientists refer to as a chaotic state with two suns and one planet. The scenario Trisolaris finds itself. There are periods in the world's orbit where the planet is near a single star and can exist as expected, and other times where it is near both or neither stars, causing unsurvivable periods of immense heat, radiation, or no light and heat at all. The Aliens are left desperate and need the Earth to save its race. The three book series spans immense tracts of time and space. It is a fusion of science, philosophy, world politics, physics, and conspiracy that plays out in a page turning epic that makes you earn for more. The novel series uses fairy tale like analogies to present problems faced by the world that allows the readers to unfold the science in a natural way that brings understanding to the most novice of science fiction readers and experienced scientists like The author also continuously calls out the Chinese government of today for its idiocricies, but does it in a way that fails his true meaning the same way his characters attempt to trick the try Solarians, which I find hilarious. As China outwardly raves about the novel's success, the best part of the series is that you can look forward to none other than our boys Benny Oftenwise adapting the novels in an upcoming Netflix series. Filming has already begun and you can look forward to a star studed cast that includes John Bradley and William Cunningham of Game of Thrones and Benedict Wong from the Marvel Universe. The book, in many ways is touted as unfilmable, but that did not stop D and D before. The other good news is that the trilogy is complete. It hosts one of my favorite endings in all of literature, masterfully written as if I was already watching it in Imax three D. I'm excited to see the story come to life on our screens, and with filming wrapping up in August and a potential lease in twenty twenty three, at least plenty of time for you to read through the three novels of this series before it's cinematic debut.
Speaker 1: Thanks Heidi for submitting. If you want to be featured, send you nerd out pitch to x ray at crocket dot com. Instructions are in the show notes. Well, folks, it's been a big Star Wars episode and it's a big thank you to Rosie Night for join us on x ray Vision, Rosie what do you have to plug?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 3: I the same as all you know Instagram, Rosie Marx Letterboxed is the same. Lots of cool pieces coming up at Nerdict especially and IGN and Polygon, some cool anime stuff, queer comics stuff for Pride. Also, I'm going to be all over that Miss Marvel stuff. As we said last week, we had our kind of first reactions and we were definitely fans. I'm also going to be on the upcoming episode of June Pod talking about Logan's run. Yeah, a good buds at the June Pod so talking about Logan's Run one of the weirdest, like funniest seventies movie viz. That it's like a stole wall of British culture for some reason. So it's like been in my life, like my whole life. So that one was really fun and they're friends of the pod, so definitely check that one out.
Speaker 1: Folks, don't forget to check out our videos on the Uncultured YouTube channel and the show notes, and to check our show notes for the Listener's Guide to X ray Vision, where we provide details on all the stuff we talk about. We help you figure out and identify what all those references are that we that we make all throughout the episode. Catch the next episode on June tenth, what we'll be diving into Miss Marvel, and of course more Obi wan Kenobi, don't forget we want the five star ratings. Give us those five star ratings. Rate and review us. X ray Vision is a Crooked Media production. The show is produced by christ Lord and Sal Rubin. The show is executive produced by myself and Sandy's rhard are editing and sound design. It's by Facilli's Fatopoulos. Dylan Villanueva and Matt de Group provide video production support. Alex Rella for handles social media, Brian Vescuez for theme music.
Speaker 4: See you next time.
Speaker 3: Bye, Mike.
Speaker 6: Hey, Mike, this is Dolan Marine. I want to talk about the Inquisitors here today. Mike listen. I know the Inquisitors. They've run up an incredible score.
Speaker 3: Mike. Uh.
Speaker 1: They've been the.
Speaker 6: Winning team, part of a winning franchise for almost a decade by the time we meet them and Obi wan Kenobi. Mike, But I tell you, Mike, that's the regular season. Mike. Those are the no name Jet. No disrespect to them, but that's the no name Jedi the no name Padawan, the four sensitive kids, those are the easy ones to pick up, Mike. You know, the clones did most of the heavy lifting in the early days of Autum sixty six. Now we're in the you know, to use a sports metaphor, Mic, we're in the postseason.
Speaker 3: Now is the playoffs now.
Speaker 6: Mike, And this is the This is Canaan Jerris, this is cal Kests, this is Obi Wan Kenoby. And I gotta say, Mike that the inquisitors, they're not up to the task, Mike. And it's about that chemistry, Mic. They're they're arguing in amongst themselves, they're stab in each other. Their locker room is a mess. Coach Vader has been coaching from a far palper team. Put this team together, and I'm not sure he did it in the right way. Vader needs to come off the injured reserve and he needs to coach this team, Mike. And now he's doing it, and maybe we'll see something turn around. But I don't know if it's gonna happen. I'll take my answer off the air. Thank you, Mike.