Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Eddy. Elon called me.
Speaker 3: He said, you know they're trying to drive us apart. I said absolutely. Now, they said, we are breaking as Donald Trump has seated control of the presidency to Elon Musk. President Musk will be attending a cabinet meeting at eight o'clock. And I say, it's just so obvious. They're so bad at it. I used to think they were good at it. They're actually bad at it. Because if they were good at it, I'd never be president.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I wanted to find somebody smarter than him.
Speaker 2: I searched all over. I just couldn't do it. I couldn't. I couldn't really try it harder. I couldn't find anyone smaller. Right, So we had it. We had it for the country. But they settled, and we settled on this.
Speaker 4: Thanks having me, Donald Trump and Elon Musk their first interview together, I believe on Hannity on Fox last night. They do have a bit of a bromance going, right, And we've.
Speaker 1: All seen the just ham handed efforts of the mainstream media to like drive a wedge, and I wondered how that was going. I'm glad to hear they're snickering at it so obvious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's hear a little more of this.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: I respect him, I've always respected him.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: I never knew that he was right on certain things, and I'm usually pretty good at this stuff. He did starlink, He did things that was so advanced and nobody knew what the hell they were. We watched the rocket chips, so we watch Tesler. I think you know, something that had an effect on me was when I saw the rocket ship come back and get grabbed, like you grab a beautiful little baby.
Speaker 2: You grab your baby. It just I've never seen everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little more on that front.
Speaker 3: When he talks about the executive orders, and this is probably true for all precedents. You write an executive order and you think it's done. You said to out, it doesn't get done, it doesn't get implemented, they don't implement it.
Speaker 2: As soon as he said that, I said, you know, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: You write a beautiful executive and you sign it and you assume it's going to be done.
Speaker 2: But it's not.
Speaker 3: What he does is he takes it and with his hundred geniuses. He's got some very brilliant young people working for him that dress much worse than him.
Speaker 2: Actually, they dressing just T shirts. You wouldn't you wouldn't know. They have one hundred and eighty ideas. So he's your tech support. Actually, he gets it done. He's a leader. He gets it done.
Speaker 3: So when he said that, he said, you know, when you sign these executive orders, a lot of them don't get done, and maybe the most important ones. And he would take that executive order that I'd sign and he would have those people go to whatever agency it was, when.
Speaker 2: Are you doing it? Get it done? Get it done? And some guy that maybe didn't want to do.
Speaker 3: It, all of a sudden he's signing it.
Speaker 2: Just does.
Speaker 4: I thought that was interesting because that's the thing our friend Tim Sander is always talking about. You know, you they pass a bill or in this case it's executive orders, you know, no bad things. Then it goes off into the department or the agency or whatever, and they do whatever the hell they want. Yeah, and nobody follows up on it.
Speaker 1: And I've always thought the term deep state was just too scary movie conspiracy theory sounding, even though it's accurate. I've always preferred the term the permanent bureaucracy because it's you know, more plain spoken. And the permanent bureaucracy swings way left because it is in large measure you unionized government employees, and they do what they want. They can slow walk you, they can lose the file, they cannot return the call. They can uh, well, sorry, we worded that wrong when we put out funding. But there are a thousand ways that the bureaucracy, the permanent bureaucracy Steymy's cabinet officials and even the president.
Speaker 4: I like the fact that Elon Musk, as wealthy as he is, cares about taxpayer money for the average person, like he talks about here.
Speaker 5: In order to save taxpayer money, it comes down to two things, competence and caring. And when the President was shown the outrageous bill for the new Air Force one and then negotiated it down, if the President had not applied competence in caring, the price would have been fifty percent higher, literally fifty percent higher. The president cared the president's competent, the price was not fifty percent higher. As a result, and so when you add more competence and caring, you get a better deal for the American people.
Speaker 2: I think the average.
Speaker 5: Taxpaying Americans should be mad as hell because their tax money is being I'm early spent.
Speaker 4: There aren't many people, especially people that have lived their lives in government, who think about how taxpayer money is spent at all.
Speaker 1: Or to the contrary of what he was describing, they want more so they can hand out more to enhance their own power. The idea of cutting spending is abhorrent, as we've said many times on many themes, whether it's the bullet train in California or the green energy scam of grants. The point is handing out the money. The program is an excuse. The point is to spend the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you get to where you don't care about people's tax money.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 4: The people I run around with, and you tend to run around with people like yourself. Mostly your whole life is just you know, you get your first real paycheck, it's like how much gets taken out.
Speaker 2: And then you find and then what's it going to?
Speaker 1: This What we're explaining is the reason why you have to have severely restricted government. If it gets big and bloated, it will steal and waste, because that is how human beings act every single time. The it's it's not odd or surprising that politicians don't care about what did he say, competence and caring. It's because they're out to achieve the opposite. It's not that they're not good at it, it's that they're trying to do the opposite. That would be my only quibble with with Elon. Now, there are some, certainly you who are are responsible and care about taxpayer money, but it's it's a.
Speaker 4: Bit of a niche. I think in DC, Trump did a lot of praising Elon. Here's Elon praising Trump.
Speaker 5: I think I think President Trump is a good man and he's you.
Speaker 2: Know, I said, that's the way he said that. You know, it's something I.
Speaker 5: Said that it really is, you know, because I mean, the President has been so unfailure attacked in the media.
Speaker 2: It's truly outrageous.
Speaker 5: And I've spent at this point spent a lot of time with president and not once have I seen him something that was mean or cruel or or wrong.
Speaker 2: That on that's interesting.
Speaker 1: So according to the Doge guys, they found four point seven trillion dollars in treasury payments on untraceable budget lines with a code. Well, in the federal government, you've got this Treasury Access symbol, which is a code you put on the expenditure to show what kind of expenditure is and where it's going.
Speaker 2: And they said quote in the federal government.
Speaker 1: The TAS field was optional for about four point seven trillion dollars in payments and was often left blank, making traceability almost impossible. They posted on X as of Saturday, this is now required field. I'm sorry. I meant to say Twitter. I refuse to say X. I will never say X again unless I slip up.
Speaker 2: It's Twitter. That's a good hill to die on. Yeah, I'm ready to go anyway.
Speaker 1: This will increase insight into where money's actually going.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: There have been a handful of things that they've said, like the fifty million dollars in condoms and gods that that's not true, and the Politico subscription thing. Sorry, folks, that was completely misunderstood. That was not what it was portrayed to be. It was actually pretty legitimate.
Speaker 4: The condoms of the Tally Band's true, isn't it? Well, kind of sort of.
Speaker 1: It was part of a big package of aid to the country, and some of it was spent on condoms, and it's you know, I could get into the details, but a lot of the headlines that get hot online are grossly oversimplified.
Speaker 2: And actually Elon walked back the millions of dollars of condoms in Gazi.
Speaker 1: He said, yeah, I just got that wrong. Sorry, which is fine, that's going to happen. I'm not there are some people are using that as an indictment of the entire effort, but they're the ones in on the scam, so they'll do anything they can to derail it anyway, that's right. My point was this four point seven trillion dollars in untraceable money. I want to stay with this because it sounds like too perfect to be true, right, But if it's even close to true that they're I mean.
Speaker 2: That's not impossible.
Speaker 4: Remember in California, it was a big story in California, the billions of dollars we've spent on the homeless problem. Somebody looked into you know, how it's doing, where it's going impossible. Nobody was keeping track of any results with that money at all.
Speaker 1: Not only did they not know what the results were. There isn't even an mechanism to check.
Speaker 4: There wasn't nobody drew up a the way we would measure results and check back in six months.
Speaker 2: There just wasn't one naving well.
Speaker 1: Right, And if cal Unicornia, which is a nation, if you will, of roughly forty million people to get in the world, is he regularly here exactly could get that corrupted off track? Well, it's certainly possible that in the deep dark recesses of the Treasury there's all sorts.
Speaker 2: Of hinky as going on.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Speaking of hinky s and crime and scumbags and progressive policies and that sort of thing, every twenty six seconds the burglary takes place in the US. Courting the FBI data to get yourself simply safe, proactive security system active guard outdoor protection prevents breakings before they happen.
Speaker 4: AI powered cameras backed by live professional monitoring agents monitor your property, detect suspicious activity, and if someone's lurking around, those agents see them and talk to them in real time before they have a chance to get into your home.
Speaker 1: They can throw on your security lights, call the cops, all before the break in no long term contracts or cancelations. The monitoring plans start affordably around a dollar a day, so much less than traditional systems. Sixty eight money back guaranteed. Come on now visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong to claim fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan. Your first month is free. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 4: You know what I'll believe that AI is really gonna be something is when I don't have to every single day, sometimes multiple times a day, type in my email address or phone number or home address or something like that. How is there not some sort of AI system on everything I use that fills all that in so I'm not still doing it with my thumbs.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's crazy. I think about that every time. It's like, really, how is it?
Speaker 4: How am I once again filling out my address for anything?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And there are enough systems and websites and the rest of it that have auto fill. When you're run into one that doesn't, it's like, what is this the eighteenth century?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course that'll you know, probably enable scammers to scam.
Speaker 2: But you know that's fine.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you think that AI's got a way around that or some way to fill in my phone number and all that stuff that I do a million times a year, sure without putting it out there for that Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: And if they can't conquer that, unplug the internet, right, it doesn't work.
Speaker 2: You're not good enough at it, right, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think your prince eyeball, Grundle print, whatever, it doesn't matter, just some way to positively identify Grundle print.
Speaker 2: I'm not touching your keyboard.
Speaker 4: Need a gun print to get into the building. Yeah, you need to put that lower. I can't get that up my grundle up that high.
Speaker 1: No, that was that was the character in Harry Potter Grundle Print. He was the dark arts teacher.
Speaker 4: Awesome, as I recall, Uh, we got a lot more on the way, stay here, Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And so who is in charge of DOGE?
Speaker 7: The President of the United States, he's the administrator of DOGE. No, the DOGE is the what was formerly US Digital Services. It's an agency of the federal government that reports into the Office of the Executive Office of the President, which reports to the President of the United States.
Speaker 1: That was a short clip of a longer exchange in which Abudan Costella, like Brianna Keeler simpleton CNN.
Speaker 2: Uh, the guest was involved with the pols, what polls? Some of them?
Speaker 4: All of them I like, are actually uh just as a presence on CNN seems like a last person.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember where to find CNN.
Speaker 1: Like most Americans, it's dead to me anyway. But the current campaign among the media is who's even a charge dog? It's accountable to no one, only to itself. I mean, no, that's what we're trying to deal with, is unaccountable only to its you lying at it.
Speaker 4: Chris extra hilarious, of course, since all of the media outside of Fox didn't ask those questions for the last four years when somebody was running the country, the foreign policy, the domestic policy, everything, because the president's mind was shot and you weren't asking those questions of who's running things?
Speaker 2: Then you read my mind.
Speaker 1: So the fact that it's somewhat unclear, in fact, it's not at all unclear, but we're pretending that it's somewhat unclear. That this new little agency that's trying to rain and spending. Is it's not clear who's a charge all.
Speaker 2: Of a sudden, that's the crisis.
Speaker 1: The whole effing country was run by nobody knows for the last at least a couple of years, and you didn't have any interest in asking that question, Brianna Phony. Final thought on doge. As we mentioned before, Elon was toying with the idea of as they identified just enormous areas of fraud and waste, that they eliminate and save billions and billions and billions of dollars. They ought to carve off a check to the American taxpayer, give them, say, five thousand dollars of their tax money back. Yes, because we've saved so much. And it occurred to me, with the help of one of Josiah and Utah brilliant listener, that if you were to carve off, like I don't know, twenty five cents thirty five cents of every dollar they save and return it to the taxpayer, and then the other two thirds of it just eliminate from the budget and stuff like that, the popularity of doge would be a perpetual motion machine. The more they cut, the more people would love it. It could be the best idea in the history of politics.
Speaker 4: Five thousand dollars. Check, I'm off to the Indian casino read twenty one.
Speaker 2: Come on now, well tis they're on? How much time I got, Mike, I'm trying to decide to would do this here or not? Pens whether you keep eating poorly? I've got three minutes here.
Speaker 4: So Trump just tweeted out, uh oh, this is after yesterday where he blamed Ukraine for starting the war, which I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 2: This is Trump a few minutes ago. Think of it.
Speaker 4: A modestly successful comedian, Vladimer Zelenski talked to the United States of America into spending three hundred and fifty billion dollars to go into a war that couldn't be won, that never had to start, but a war that he without the US and Trump will never be able to settle. The United Sates States has spent two hundred billion dollars more than Europe, and Europe's money is guaranteed, while the United States will get nothing back. Why didn't sleepy Joe Biden demand equalization? In that this war is far more important to Europe than it is to us. We have a big, beautiful ocean at separation. On top of this, Zelensky admits that half of the money we sent him is missing. He refuses to have elections, is very low in Ukrainian polls, and the only thing he was good at was playing Biden like a fiddle. He's a dictator without elections. Zelensky better move fast, and he's not going to have a country left. In the meantime, we are successfully no negotiating an end.
Speaker 2: Of the war. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Zelensky probably wants to keep the gravy train going. I love Ukraine, but Lezinsky has done Zelensky has done a terrible job. His country is shattered and millions have unnecessarily died, and so it continues. That's uh horrible, I know, shocking. I know people that believe that. I think you're unbelievably wrong, that this is some sort of for profit scheme that Zelensky has dreamed up and he's a dictator and all that. I think he's a hero and a patriot who risked his own life and his family's life to stay there and try to defend his country in the face of the worst invasion since.
Speaker 1: Hitler right, and he was freely elected. Yeah, I if I'm going to be brutally honest about Trump, I don't think he has a philosophy of geopolitics other than America first. And sometimes I think he doesn't understand that it is absolutely in America's long term interest materially to enforce and preserve the norms of you know, international relations that of his existed post World War Two.
Speaker 2: I think he is way too cavalier about throwing that away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when the world order is gone, we'll miss it. We'll miss it a lot because it benefits us greatly.
Speaker 1: And everything Doze is doing right could be washed away about the tides.
Speaker 4: Of chaos anyway, That's Trump's latest tweet. You got any comment? Four one, five, two nine five kftc Armstrong and.
Speaker 3: Getdy hy by mine dud's cuss the sheet over here, right, I coup over that huse there?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: And that's an invite to a party. On February fifteenth, I open the.
Speaker 6: Door and it is our like eighty five year old neighbor who is truly like such a sweetheart, and he gives me a little invitation and it says a celebration of winter four pm until the cops arrive.
Speaker 2: Until the cops arrived, he's literally eighty five.
Speaker 6: I'll only bring a smile. Frisbyp to his email and he gave his phone number.
Speaker 4: Love Doug, Ah, your eighty five year old neighbor shows up with a party invitation. Party starts at four and goes until the cops arrive. Wow, that's fantastic. Of course you get over there and it turns out he's got some sort of breaking bad meth lab thing going are something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found that I have more questions than answers about that clip.
Speaker 2: So here you go.
Speaker 4: I want to see if we can put this to rest once and for all here and I you'd be better to present this story than me, because you have studied it way more than I have. But I think if I present it and you like comment on it.
Speaker 2: It might work better. And this and this is s Low. This is around free.
Speaker 4: Speech and what you know. Kicking off the conversation yesterday with JD. Vance lecturing Europe about letting free speech go and the ridiculous CBS over the weekend, Margaret Brennan with they weaponized free speech in Germany for a holocaust?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about, lady?
Speaker 1: And then one of the stupidest sentences ever uttered in the English lineup, It really.
Speaker 4: Is, And then sixty minutes cheering on Germany for breaking down people's doors and coming in with guns drawn, for inappropriate cartoons and whatnot. Anyway, this is the whole conversation, because I was saying this up until a couple of years ago, not having any idea what I was talking about, which is true of a lot of things that I talk about.
Speaker 2: But you know, you can't yell fire in a crowded movie house.
Speaker 4: So to like nail this down without even getting into the court case it came from originally and all that sort of stuff, which we can do if you want, but.
Speaker 2: I don't even think we have to.
Speaker 4: First of all, it is I did a deep dive on YouTube videos and there's so many great things from fire, and various.
Speaker 2: Judges and legal minds across the country into this sort of thing.
Speaker 4: About the it's impossible to stop the the never. You can't bring up free speech without somebody saying, well, you know, you can't yell fire in a crowded movie house.
Speaker 2: You just you can'.
Speaker 4: It's impossible. It's like it's like it's like having weeds or something right and they go back or whatever. It's worse than that. But the best example I heard of it was I think it was a podcast as listened to it a couple of.
Speaker 2: Weeks ago at Charles CW. Cook, who was really upset about this because he said, just just strip all that away. Let's just get down to the basic. You're in a movie house.
Speaker 4: Without any of the other extraneous legal matters if you yell. First of all, the one word that's always left out is you can't falsely yell fire in a crowded movie house. But people always say you can't yell fire in a crowded movie house. But there's a big difference there. But so if you're sitting in a theater you're watching the New Captain America, yes and you yell, but yes and you yell fire if there's if there's nobody there, it makes no difference.
Speaker 2: If there's only a few people there.
Speaker 4: They're gonna look around and think you think there's a fire, honey, I don't know. I'll smell of smoke. Guy must know something. And you would walk to the exit and nobody hurt and nothing would happen, so nobody'd be charged with anything if the place is on fire. As I saw one legal expert from fire, they're the people that stand up for free speech.
Speaker 2: Foundation for individual rights and expression. Correct. Yeah, he's unfortunately named for this discussion.
Speaker 4: He said, I'm telling you this right now, if you're in a theater and it's on fire, it's your duty to yell fire.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can indeed yell fire in a crowded movie house in virtually every circumstance except the one where it's falsely claimed and you cause a panic and people are hurt.
Speaker 2: Right, But so if you yell fire.
Speaker 4: The other scenario is you yell fire, there isn't a fire, and people rush toward the door and somebody gets knocked down, hits their head and dies or something like that. One that makes you a complete lunatic to do that, and a dangerous society.
Speaker 2: And then two, you're gonna get sued for all kinds.
Speaker 4: Of different things, maybe by the movie theater, maybe by an insurance company, all kinds of different things you incited.
Speaker 2: Maybe you'd call it a riot or there's a variety of things. But it's got a civil liability obviously, nothing to do with free speech. No, that doesn't even factor into the whole thing. No, so what do you think? Yes, Katie, I have a very just a question.
Speaker 8: I have never in my life heard it called a movie house.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that that I think that goes himy, that goes to the original court case. I think that's why they called a movie house. Because it was nineteen thirteen or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: I thought that was you be and you just me being an old man.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad assumption. But no, in this case. Indeed, that citation was from yesterdayear.
Speaker 4: As a woman once said to me, and I said, I'm She said something about me being a boomer, and I said, I'm actually Generation XT. She said, yeah, but you really scream boomer. Wow, boomers have taken you in as an honorary member. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's also, well, let's go to the movie house.
Speaker 1: As your clever gen X retort.
Speaker 4: Katie, I was just I was just using the language of whichever judge it was that.
Speaker 1: Wrote that car citation. Woman, maintain your silence, all right.
Speaker 2: Ky theater you can't. You can't.
Speaker 1: So, but it is perfectly legal to shout movie in a crowded firehouse.
Speaker 2: Keep that in mind.
Speaker 4: That's funny. You gotta do that? Does that ever happen to fire people? Ever do that to fire fire people? Probably fireman when you're if we're ever doing that again, we're at a fire station.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do that. Movy everybody, see if anything happens. So what do you think the sense?
Speaker 4: Even on its face without even getting into the legal principles, it doesn't make any sense. Why do you think it continues the way it does? Is always coming up if you're discussing free speech, because it's a.
Speaker 1: Very handy, easy to understand way to state that there are a few exceptions to the right.
Speaker 2: To free speech.
Speaker 1: That's it kind of illustrates that, is there anybody? It's past hackwards.
Speaker 4: But but but are there people that think, you know, I can walk up to my boss and call him an a hole because of free speech?
Speaker 2: Well, if you do, you're either a child or an.
Speaker 1: Idiot, or a former employee or a former employee.
Speaker 2: Right right, Well there, I.
Speaker 1: Just actually, funnily enough, wrote a bit of an essay on this. And yeah, there are all sorts of societal, religious, just good manners, practical considerations before you exercise your free speech, and so it's limited in various ways. It's just not limited by the government except in some very specific, very very limited ways, which include nothing to do with the shouting conflagration in a house of cinema.
Speaker 4: Where I learned years ago. Harry, here's a good one for you, Katie, because this was long before you joined the show.
Speaker 1: I once went to him, Katie, you are allowed to speak again now, Oh, thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I'm telling a story here, glad it's a little heart would be good. This is many, many years ago. This is probably twenty some years ago.
Speaker 8: Permission to play from Joe, so she was probably hesitant, right.
Speaker 4: I went to a movie and I didn't like it right off the bat.
Speaker 2: I thought it was horrible.
Speaker 4: And so this is the middle of the day, I'm by myself, and all the theaters were empty. Back when I was single and childless. It's hard to believe that my life was ever like that, that I was ever like at a movie theater by myself in the middle of the day.
Speaker 1: I just I was thinking the same thing as you were doing that, and I had a house full of little kids.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can't believe anybody lives like that. That's wild, but So I was at.
Speaker 4: This movie and like, fifteen minutes in, this movie is horrible. I'm gonna hate this movie. And there was another movie. I'd been trying to decide between it and that and the theater and that, you know, it's a multiplex. So I get out of my seat and I go over and watch the other movie, thinking no harm, no foul. I paid for a movie, and I watched am movie.
Speaker 2: Right, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: I stuck around and watched two movies like some people do. I just went to a different one.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: I talked about it on the air and found out that is a crime. It's an actual crime, and it's called defrauding an innkeeper.
Speaker 8: What Yeah, so what you're supposed to waste ten minutes to go up and exchange your movie ticket or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but it's defrauding an innkeeper. So I tell my kids that all the time. Day I think we might be defrauding an innkeeper here, like if we sneak a water into the movie instead of paying for it. Because I was at the theater the other day, they wanted six dollars for a regular bottle of water. Six dollars good, You know what? And I kind of thought, you know, that's not bad. You're actually just you're just charging somebody for it. You're not gonna bring your own. How high would we have to mark up the pratices on these waters before you.
Speaker 2: Bring one in your purse.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna suitcase it like a prisoner before I pay six dollars for a bottle of water.
Speaker 2: Please, Joe, why are you walking like that down in the movie? Here? Suitcase, give me a minute at all. I'll meet you in the theater.
Speaker 1: Oh, LUs, if a fire breaks out, I can use this water to put it out, so nobody shouts defrauding an innkeeper.
Speaker 4: You can't sneak in the popcorn the same way. I mean, you could bring in popcorn, but it's not as good. They're chemically delicious butter that doesn't taste anything like butter, is its own unique flavor.
Speaker 2: Oh and I love you on an early grave. But it's delicious. Yeah, And they'll butter the popcorn.
Speaker 8: And then now they've got the spouts where you can go add more yourself.
Speaker 2: Have you seen those? Yeah? I have that yeah, yeah, and access to a Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's like yeah, it's like an all you can drink butter bar that they've got once you buy the first tub of popcorn. Last time on into the movie. We went to Gladiator two with both my kids. I didn't get anything, but I got them a couple of things and it was forty bucks. So total for the three people going in the movie and the concession was almost one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow, I thought. I told them.
Speaker 4: I said, I'm not doing this again. We are not getting concession. I'm not spending forty bucks on concessions. Thanks, time, get a big purse.
Speaker 3: I tried to sneak of a heata in you know the fietas Yeah, oh yeah and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, suit case. Do you sneak things into the theater like beers? I used to do that, Katie.
Speaker 8: I will not confirm nor deny since.
Speaker 4: It is defrauding an innkeeper. How old old tiny is that at the movie house?
Speaker 2: Like exactly?
Speaker 4: Okay, water, Yes, a candy bar if you need a candy bar. You don't need a candy bar the movie anyway, Mike and.
Speaker 2: I So, yeah, I don't. I don't. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I Ever since I was a little kid, if we wanted food, we brought it with us because it's so expensive. And I grew up, as they say, without money, so the idea of bringing your own snacks is perfectly reasonable to me.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem odd at all.
Speaker 4: No, No, I think they no, and and they don't. I've never been anywhere where they seem to police that, so they're not.
Speaker 2: I don't think it bothers them.
Speaker 1: Agree occasionally show up at a restaurant with a nice ham and several side dishes, and I.
Speaker 2: Just like being waited upon. But no, I brought my I just need your cutlery. I have no forks at ho it cannot really.
Speaker 8: I had a great time once when I had I don't know where this purse went, and I'm so sad about it, but it could hold a bag of wine and it had a spout.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, great, great time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I used to drink beers into the theater and then you got you gotta time opening your beer with some loud noise on the television. So when Nicholas Kaijuk blows something up, that's when you open your beer.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 1: So my home stage, or at least I claim it as my homestate of Illinois, is crumbling and corrupt. And then I moved to California for twenty five years and crumbling and crupt.
Speaker 2: I'm beginning to think it's me.
Speaker 1: But in the race to the bottom, Illinois has really got some momentum.
Speaker 2: Share that with you in a moment or two.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of like when Kanye West was talking to his wife about the divorce and he said, it's not you or me, it's the Jews.
Speaker 2: I like that joke. Wow.
Speaker 4: Twice from Saturday Night lives there, I remember staying with us.
Speaker 1: So the other das going through my hoodies because I have too many of them and I don't wear them all, you know, at all?
Speaker 2: In some cases are not.
Speaker 4: I've been wearing the same one hoodie I have for everything for a long time, and I really need a new hoodie. It's looking a little grungy.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. I could do you want three? Or four? Anyway?
Speaker 1: One that I absolutely refuse to get rid of, no matter how little I wear. It is my State of Jefferson hoodie. The State of Jefferson a movement in northern California and southern Oregon for the good and reasonable folks of those two regions to secede from their crazy ass progressive crumbling mobbed up high tax states ruled by Portland in one case and the big coastal cities in California on the other and form their own reasonable state of moderate to conservative politics. I wish it could happen. It probably won't, but I was extra excited to read this. The state where I grew up, Illinois, secession is in the air. This did not get much notice, but in November, seven Illinois counties voted to consider seceding.
Speaker 2: I could list the counties, but most of you have never heard of them.
Speaker 1: And six of the seven counties approved the advisory question, should we consider seceding from the state of Illinois. Six of the seven approved it by more than seventy percent.
Speaker 4: Now, are they talking about forming their own state or joining with a surrounding state, Nebraska or Indiana?
Speaker 1: Okay, indeed Indiana, and the House Speaker of Indiana, Todd Hustin, said, come on over, You'd be more than welcome. It's it would be very difficult to pull this off. But the child grooming, gender bending nightmare of a governor mobster JB. Pritzker called the secession idea stunt and derided Indiana as a low wage state that doesn't protect workers, a state that does not provide healthcare for people when they're in need, which is all code for they don't mutilate their little kids who are momentarily confused about their sex during puberty or whatever. But if you look at the this is you know, the organizations here are little cumbersome. They're a variety of think tanks and business organizations. But the state economic outlook for twenty twenty four, Indiana is fifth in the country.
Speaker 2: Illinois is forty eighth.
Speaker 1: The average effective property tax is three quarters of a percent in Indiana, it's two and a quarter percent in Illinois.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Of course, it's so interesting if you think about various states. I mean, there'd be some serious jerrymandering going on, but I think most people would be in favor of of it. Like I was picturing a chunk of Nebraska. Then you know, you go through Iowa and get the college towns in Des Moines on into Illinois and then you know their blue parts. Put those together, then surround it with other stuff that and everybody'd probably be happy. The progressions will be like, yeah, good, get rid of you corn pone, Trump voting weirdos and the rest of us would be like, yeah, go ahead, enjoy your trains, bathrooms, and knock yourself out with your high taxes.
Speaker 1: I've advocated many times, Yeah, you can have twenty five states. Will take twenty five states, will run them the way we want to, You run years the way you want to, and then after ten years we'll get together and see who's doing better. But a number of people pointed out people are kind of already doing that, fellas they're moving that they're self segregating. But anyway, so there are a bunch of statistics by which, by any measure, Indiana's a way better option. Mister Pritzker writes, I think this is the Journal editorial board is essentially claiming the superiority of his welfare state public union governance model, but fewer people are buying it. Since twenty twenty thirty three Illinois counties have voted to consider breaking away from the state they're alienated from. The progressive governance of Springfield and which is owned by Chicago, saw the third highest out migration people in the country while Indiana was gaining thirty thousand residents, and then.
Speaker 2: Illinois is also facing there.
Speaker 1: It is the Illinois fiscal mess is so great that pressure will keep building to raise taxes again and again.
Speaker 2: Pension debt was.
Speaker 1: One hundred and forty four billion dollars last year, up from sixteen billion dollars in the year two thousand, So in twenty four years it went from sixteen billion to one hundred and forty four billion, and JB.
Speaker 2: Prisker says this is a stunt.
Speaker 1: The other headline out of Illinois that only Illinoisans would care about is one of the greatest, most evil political mobsters in the history of the United States. Michael Madigan, legendarily grimy Illinois House Speaker and all powerful master of a one party state, has finally been convicted by a federal jury of ten felonies.
Speaker 2: So he is gone from Illinois.
Speaker 1: Whether there's any saving that poor beleaguered land of Lincoln, I don't know. But that's always easier to secede from your crappy, crappy state.
Speaker 2: No kidding.
Speaker 4: That whole pension bomb thing, and a whole bunch of different states or big cities across the country.
Speaker 2: That's going to come do someday. Oh yes, suoni ish In cal Unicornia, for instance
Speaker 4: We do four hours if you miss a segment or an hour get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on to mend Armstrong and Getty