Speaker 1: Big Bank.
Speaker 2: What it is?
Speaker 1: You don't be on nothing.
Speaker 3: I be on Okay, so let me ask you this bring.
Speaker 1: You big big fact.
Speaker 4: Look right now, visit the new website today, Big factspod dot com.
Speaker 2: Line from the Coachure eleven, atl is time for big facts, Big Bank.
Speaker 5: What up, Baby j What up?
Speaker 2: DJ screen welcoming today the one and Only Jazz and.
Speaker 4: Finally on Big Baz Jazz Jazz Texas and says she got some cat Williams in.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 6: I thought you was going to say she has some catfish.
Speaker 2: So jazz ad the city. We we know you're the you stand alone, but you're the daughter of Tammy Roman. You know, salute to the doulte the o G Timmy Roman. You're you're actress.
Speaker 7: Okay as oh man man right right right, But you're an actress, athlete.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a rapper, what ever you go.
Speaker 3: She's a producer.
Speaker 6: And I like to say I'm pretty good.
Speaker 5: And all of them.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I started off as an athlete, though, so I went D one. I took off my father, Yeah, my father steps Kenny Anderson. They actually wanted me at Georgia Tech for a little bit, but I felt like they were gonna put me in his shadow, so I ended up playing. Yeah you know how that goes, like, you know, we were both yeah exactly, both won two guards. So it was just a mess. But I never go to HBCU, which I always say I feel like.
Speaker 6: Was one of the best decisions I ever made.
Speaker 1: What's the pros and times of that? Though?
Speaker 2: You know, having a father and a celebrity father and mother, is it hard to break away and make your own legacy?
Speaker 6: Super hard?
Speaker 4: I always say, like people get mad at me, and I say this sometimes, but I feel like I have it harder than somebody who nobody knows at all, than anybody just doing music in your neighborhood, playing ball in your neighborhood.
Speaker 6: Acting me.
Speaker 4: When people hear my name, they automatically have that ah, here she.
Speaker 6: Go trying to ride her mom or their dad's coat tail.
Speaker 8: You know, but do you think do you think that being in your position, even though you're kind of like looking at it like it's possibly more so of a curse, do you think it's easier for you to turn that curse into a gift as opposed to somebody else who.
Speaker 6: Started from scratch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, Because I always say at the same time, Like my name gets me, my mom's name gets me in a lot of rooms, right, But I always like to tell people I think my talent keeps me in them. Yeah, and you know, because it's it's a lot of people out here that you know, they call us nepo babies or whatever you guys want to call us, but yeah, who don't really you know, go as far as their parents did, or may have taken a different route or not doing anything at all. So you know, your talent does have to keep you in that room at the end of the day, right, do.
Speaker 5: You think it put the expectation like.
Speaker 1: Way up for sure?
Speaker 4: But with acting, Like now I'm getting into acting, so I did this past year. I have two movies on BT plus, a show on BT plus, did a Lifetime film. So that's really thank you. That's that's very tough because that's my mom's world. When I played ball, I was always compared to my dad. With music, people don't really there's no one to compare me to really, so I kind of have it easier with that because now that my parents did music, so it's a little easier.
Speaker 1: So which one you love the most? Which one is your love? Like I have to do this.
Speaker 4: I love music because I just love expressing myself like I love I mean, basketball was my first love. I'm not gonna lie, But after that, it's like music just kind of took over because I just love expressing myself.
Speaker 6: So and I've always loved poetry.
Speaker 5: So mm hmm, which way do you think is your purpose?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 4: I don't know, like life would take you in so many different directions because I didn't think I would be booking movie roles and things like that. I didn't see acting in my future at all. So I had that conversation with my mom the other day. I'm like, I'm gonna just let God God guide me, you know, and wherever he takes me, I'll embrace it and take it serious.
Speaker 1: What should be right about?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 6: You ain't never?
Speaker 3: You ain't never.
Speaker 6: You didn't even know No.
Speaker 1: I Knowyle the freestyle.
Speaker 4: No, But I actually have a crazy story, right because I'm like, I love any podcast that's like rapp or hip hop. So I was with my girlfriend at the time, and I saw you in Walmart, Jay, And when I tell you, I freaked out, Right.
Speaker 6: We was at Walmart. I'm not from I'm here, so don't kill me.
Speaker 4: It's one of these Walmarts and yo yo yo yo. Right, So she she she knew you, so she actually would have talked to you.
Speaker 6: I was like, no, I'm gonna stand back here. What's crazy. I sold her we're no longer together.
Speaker 4: But I told her, I said, before the end of the year, I'm getting on.
Speaker 6: That pod because I.
Speaker 4: Really love this podcast and I love it hard rap podcast.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I fanned out over your Walmart. So you've been on your phone.
Speaker 8: It's kind of boling right now. Okay, cancer, you know I'm a crime. I'm sorry. Yeah, but like yeah, true story. So okay, so let me ask you this, particularly like speaking on like your acting roles, because I know that you were involved in a horror movie for b Yeah.
Speaker 3: So being that like when they do horror.
Speaker 8: Movies like television networks as opposed to like big production horror movies, it comes with the stigma.
Speaker 3: That it's kind of like.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be kind of like like some Blair witchy type shit, like you know what I'm saying, Like they have the cats up package with the blood cheesy yeah, like you get stabbed two seconds later and then you follow out type shit. So the horror movie that you were in. How did that compare in your knowledge of other horror movies that you've seen that were like major production.
Speaker 4: Well, like all I watch is horror movies, So I always say my favorite one is obviously The Shining.
Speaker 6: I think if someone doesn't like.
Speaker 3: This, oh yeah that was Genie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like horror, if you don't like The Shining.
Speaker 4: But we shot the film in Gore Hills, California, So we were in the hills, and we shot from six at night to six a m. So it's dark already and if I'm a scary person already, so that I think that kind of made it easier for me to be scared because I'm like, what is that?
Speaker 1: What's that move?
Speaker 6: And what's that sound?
Speaker 8: So but then that kind of like add to the authenticity of it.
Speaker 4: It did because we were really in the woods. Yeah, it took place in the woods. Were running through the woods, getting killed, stabbed, all that in the woods.
Speaker 6: So it just added to it because I was really scared.
Speaker 5: Okay, So where you from originally?
Speaker 9: Cali?
Speaker 6: So yeah, I was. No.
Speaker 4: I live in Houston, so I've been in Houston ten years. But I was born and raised in California.
Speaker 5: What's your favorite city to go to outside of Houston, California.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I love Houston if I can stay in Houston all day every day, just the culture, like even music wise, Like I mean, Atlanta's always going to be running things, but I think Houston kind of got you know, Cali right now, but Houston we we be running stuff too.
Speaker 8: Is it because it's closer to that Southern hospitality, like in terms of the music, because we still got I mean, I know you said like Houston like got La right now, but like in terms of like being closer to like the the embracement, I mean, that's.
Speaker 6: Not what but I get what you're saying.
Speaker 4: It definitely is because when I, well, I really start taking music series in Houston, and when I say, like all the big names embraced me off the back, like it wasn't hard, you know, And I've done my share of music out here too.
Speaker 6: Here it's a little tougher.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's because in Houston we don't have that many female rappers anyway, so most of us already know each other. So it's like, okay, girl, just come get on this feature with me right here. When I did music out here and I worked with Honorable Seed, no Jazzy fay Tmaja, I work with some really big names, and it's just it's hard to be doing this market.
Speaker 6: Yeah out here, yes.
Speaker 5: Six billion resent and let them alone.
Speaker 4: Though that that's probably why I didn't look Oh are you Are you speaking like from a like on a female person, Yeah, okay, yeah female. I'm talking strictly females, Like I could take those.
Speaker 1: Same records saying in Atlanta or I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying when I did music out here in Atlanta, it was harder than I'm taking that same jazzy fade record back to Houston and they like playing it on the radio. They bumpet into the cars and walking the club, and I'm like, this is crazy because it's like, for instance, I had an Honible record, he's one of the guys in Atlanta. It's like, why you're not playing this? But I guess it was just we don't know you politics. It's definitely a little tougher politics. Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: I like them boots to thank you.
Speaker 10: Hey, let me ask you a question, So what about like trying to ment all these careers you got in Dayton?
Speaker 6: What about that Oh, I'm always gonna make time for dating. I'm always gonna make time for dating.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Is it harder? Is it hard for you? No?
Speaker 4: But it's crazy because I'm a cancer too. So you're like we're lover girls, like to the heart. I'm to the heart. Yeah, but I did just get out of a two year relationship, so.
Speaker 6: It's she cheated. Yeah, I don't play with the cheating. And then it was like around dude, like, I'm like the because it's like, you can't cheat with dudes.
Speaker 4: I'm in the like dude that I I was with.
Speaker 5: A female.
Speaker 4: So fast, but no, you can't. You can't cheat with dudes like I be around and like I think people forget or I don't know if she forgot. It's like, I've been in the rack industry a long time, regardless if I have a hit record or not. So you're talking to a dude, even if I don't personally know him, I probably know one of his homeboys.
Speaker 5: So she cheated with a girl. That made it better.
Speaker 6: That's what I was just gonna say, don't cheat on me at all because I don't cheat.
Speaker 2: What what kind of like? What what? What defines that. What defines what defines cheating is cheating because you didn't know and they were sneaking to do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's cheated.
Speaker 2: Is there a case where they may have been just been able to be honest and maybe you would have accepted it or not.
Speaker 4: I would have left regardless. But if you gotta pick between me and someone else, please pick the.
Speaker 6: Other person, especially a man. I can't compete with a man.
Speaker 4: So it's obviously something that he's you know, given to you and providing to you.
Speaker 5: So go over there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't.
Speaker 5: So what do you think is a distraction?
Speaker 6: It is, It definitely is.
Speaker 4: But now to answer your first question, I am finding that balance. So like when I'm not working on a movie that's tying me down for a month, two months, I'll be.
Speaker 6: Back in huge, laid up you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Where now I'm like, well, let me still prioritize what else I need to do, Let me get in the studio, let me take acting class, let me you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So that that's what that relationship taught me.
Speaker 4: You still got to have yourself, don't lose yourself in somebody else.
Speaker 1: So what's your current relationship status.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm dating like one person though, so I guess that's exclusively dating.
Speaker 1: So this time are you keeping it?
Speaker 6: So does that mean that you dated multiple people in the past?
Speaker 11: Yes, right, because it's all okay, So let me ask you this that you're saying that once. Yeah, separately, she's saying I once because I was like, if you're not having yeah, and you're not having sex, I'm not having sex, so it doesn't to me, it doesn't I could go on four or.
Speaker 6: Five dates, so you're not doing it at all.
Speaker 12: No, I am.
Speaker 5: Once I find out, then she's once. We just dating. We just can't interviews basically exactly.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's how I'm having fun.
Speaker 9: Ye.
Speaker 8: Shit, Well, if y'all not fucking and y'all are friends, date though.
Speaker 6: Start yeah, like it's still romant, Like.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what I was gonna ask.
Speaker 8: I was gonna ask, like, would it be considered like a polygamist or a polyamorous thing? But are those terms only dedicated to like full blown marriages.
Speaker 4: We're not resp Yeah, relationship but not friends.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I learned something new today.
Speaker 5: So are your friends are your friends? How your friends feel about you leaving them in l A.
Speaker 4: Well, most of my friends was in Houston. Now I've been in Houston for ten years, but before when I was in l A. You know, I left when I was eighteen, So it's kind of like at that moment in time anyway, where it's like now I'm going off to college. Now I'm you know, really starting my solid friendships.
Speaker 5: How you deal with entitlement? I always ask people that is.
Speaker 4: I had to learn I have it easier than others. If that's what you meant.
Speaker 10: I'm led entitled to you first, that both the first.
Speaker 4: Okay, I hope no one feels entitled to me in my time unless I'm unless I tell you that you are, no one feels like that.
Speaker 6: And I think I have.
Speaker 4: A great balance with my friendships for sure, Like I always make time for my friends.
Speaker 1: Said when I'm.
Speaker 5: Glad, I'm going to ask it.
Speaker 10: So, do you feel like things are supposed to be easy for you because you can up the way you came?
Speaker 4: You know, They're not supposed to be easier for me because I I still have my trials too that I go with in the fields that I'm trying to get into. But I do have it easier than the next person. But then sometimes I get reality checked. I'm not gonna lie. I was at while I'm out in Houston. I did a show with Rick Ross called Signed on VH one. I was around him literally every other day for like two months straight, no cap in Atlanta, and I'm talking on my people, talking to Trade the truths, talking to Sauce Walker, because this is Houston, this is like city, Like, yo, what's up?
Speaker 6: Ross?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 9: Who is you?
Speaker 6: He gave me what I've.
Speaker 4: Never been and I couldn't believe it because it affected me so much that I called my mama after Toyota said, I said, old, I kind of gon use the bathroom because we in the tunnel. So I'm already putting myself out there because I'm thinking that's Ross my man. Maybe not my man's but like the show interviews called me a lyricist everything. So I'm back in the tunnel talking about pep topping.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm feeling you know, Ros, what's good? He said, who are you? Like straight up like.
Speaker 1: Did you have a different look or something?
Speaker 4: But that's what my mom said. But right then I went to this, I felt so goofy. Right I went to explain to him, right, yeah, I said, Chaz, we did. Signed said I don't.
Speaker 1: Even remember signed.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, everybody there, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: It was But I say that the same we get humble too, Like people could look at me and be like he would do that to her, you know what I'm saying. But it affected me to prob. I called my mom and she was like, well, you change your look so much. And that was four years ago, and you know so she always tried to talk me off the ledge and I.
Speaker 6: Was like, I'm going home, she's going to after party.
Speaker 4: Let your life, yeah, low Ki, because I've never That's what she's said, right, But I'm not used to stuff like that. So it's like probably the same reason I don't run up to you, to you, you know what I'm saying, Because still I could look at myself like, well they probably know my mom. But then there's those people like, well I don't know you, and we can you know, we could come listen.
Speaker 8: Okay, So like I'm gonna just I'm gonna tell you just being real like with me, Like the way I eliminate shit like that is that when people speak to me or when people like come up to me or like try to talk to me or whatever. I just treat everybody like I've known them for years, like hey, how you doing? And then exactly I might even like ask like where you know what I'm saying, like just being real, I don't remember, but you know what I'm saying, just my memory whatever, whatever, because I don't ever want nobody to like walk away from me feeling like, oh that bitch not give a fuck. I know how people's feelings are, you know what I'm saying, especially now, like being in a public eye like that ship can really turn somebody's ship around.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: I just don't want to be responsible for now. Yeah, because I've been I've been like that before when I was younger, like and made people kind of feel uncomfortable, not necessarily intentionally, but I know how I've heard after the fact that it made him feel You get what I'm saying, like, so yeah, I don't.
Speaker 13: Know, you know, basically we get.
Speaker 5: Feature.
Speaker 6: I don't have to say rhapsody.
Speaker 8: M Yeah, that's interesting, that's interesting, but yeah, rap right now that it would definitely be rhapsody mm hm ah.
Speaker 6: Probably hip maker.
Speaker 4: Hit Maker I think is like he's mastered his sound like no matter who he works with. And I really like poo is that where he goes by pool? Who made another one? Or something like that? You know that tag? I think he did, Oh god Sunday.
Speaker 6: No, this is he. This is the guy who did Sunday Service by Lotto. He did poo right, Oh, I'm like I thought, I thought did that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Who got a couple that I've heard or that tag?
Speaker 8: And I'm like, man, he's Have you ever been scared though.
Speaker 6: You sometimes because.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of the female rappers that are like hot now I knew now they don't.
Speaker 6: You know, people change get more famous, but it'd be like.
Speaker 4: I think, it wouldn't be it wouldn't be truthful for me to sit here and say, like the girls that I was cool with, I've seen them surpass me. And it does kind of bother me at times, Like, of course, I'm happy.
Speaker 6: I've never been a hater. I've always just waited for my turn.
Speaker 4: But it's like, I think it's a different feeling when you actually was around people and in the studio with them, and now they're on Billboard or now they're on You're like, dang, so I'm not. And I never look at them and say they're better than me. But I always say I'm not going hard enough. There's something I'm not doing right. Well, it just your time yet, that's true, That's very true, man. But as an artist, it's like we always have that feeling of like, dang, what's that next?
Speaker 6: What's that hit? Give me your head?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 6: Where is it? You can do one hundred songs and it'd be the one. You don't even like that's gonna.
Speaker 10: Be your hit on your hundround. You're overlooking it. I'm telling you, bro, the song that you put the most energy in, don't know? Yeah, go listen to the one you put the least in that you think is the least.
Speaker 5: That's the one that'll be naturally.
Speaker 10: I'm saying that just be the one, because I think them hits is like magic, Bro. You can't you could pick sometimes you can pick them, like like in the studio, you.
Speaker 5: Playing over everybody. You know what I'm saying. But it's the one that you put the least effort in that I've seen. You know what I'm saying. Lets you get just some certified like hit maker one right.
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 3: Is just perform.
Speaker 5: How you feel about other people, right right, like writing songs and stuff.
Speaker 4: I think when it comes to your your like when it comes to rap, your verses.
Speaker 6: Should be you.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know, the the hook can vary.
Speaker 5: Okay, what'd you about to say, Jake, No.
Speaker 8: Because look, we had this discussion all the time, right so I feel like, and this isn't trying to be the dead horse and all ship like that, but I feel like, especially with rap, when it comes to versus, like, I feel like your verses need to be authentic because it's people out there that are really telling their story and you not telling you telling somebody else's story is kind of like taking away from the whole purpose of like doing this shit exactlyly, I agree.
Speaker 5: So I don't agree with that.
Speaker 10: I just don't agree with it because at the end of the day, it depends on the writer. If you sit with a writer for a day and tell your story and he writes your story, it's the same thing to me. I know they all disagree with me on this, but I listen. It's just like right now, I know you screamed. I know, Jay, if you want to wrap and I write your song, how I see your life and things that we done been through.
Speaker 5: I can tell your story for you.
Speaker 3: Right it really it needs to be a duet man, Right.
Speaker 5: What if your mom wrote your wrote your song.
Speaker 4: Then I don't think I could really consider myself the rapper of that record.
Speaker 6: I get that it's not coming from me.
Speaker 1: I think it's a lot like an artist, the artist lyricist out here.
Speaker 2: And if you're claiming that, you can't be claiming that as somebody else is.
Speaker 10: You write my hook, my verden like everything, I don't give it. But then again, like when we go, that's not my passion, on my on my purpose. So I can see why a real artist would look at it that way.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Like, like, like Drake, they say you be having a writer, but I don't think the writer can write it for you. But the writer couldn't perform it like him. You got Drake, And what's the dude who said? Is right, Quentin? Most of them writers can't do what? What the what?
Speaker 8: The writer can't do what most of the artists do, and the artists can't do what most of the writers do.
Speaker 3: It's about like swapping us off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is true, but that's still don't.
Speaker 4: Make the demos never hit as hard as like the actual record that's here, Like his demos weren't as hard as Drake's exactly, Like if he were to put that out, we probably wouldn't have listen, We.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't even hurt.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's right wrong, It's just like she she fresh right again, we always go back to this if she said, yeah, I'm fresh, I made myself fresh. I did all this, and the style is watching this, and the style has put the whole fit together.
Speaker 6: Oh you make freshes in my thank you.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. But what I'm saying like.
Speaker 5: I can put some ship on some nigga that your body form for sure, I'm just saying, ain't pull it off. You can't pull it off.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 8: It gets pulled off and you get credit it's being pulled off, right then, Okay, the credit goes to the nigga that pulled it off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you can't take credit if.
Speaker 10: I put this ship off. I don't know, you, bro, I don't know. I just look at it. I just look at it like hit is a hit no matter who write.
Speaker 3: It, But it doesn't matter what we just said.
Speaker 8: Like, a hit is a hit no matter who writes it, but if it's not delivered properly, then it's not gonna be that same hit.
Speaker 5: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're right, But if some if I tailor made a hit for her right now and she just don't you got artists that feel like that, and she says she got to write a versus but you can put some verses on that.
Speaker 4: That's cool, right, But you're saying, yeah, like you could hit harder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, bro, you know how many people doing that? Though?
Speaker 10: You know how many people getting those hits and then put the rest of the songs be them.
Speaker 4: But then I don't think you could say you're a lyricist. I think that's where.
Speaker 5: I'm not a lyricist on that song, but on my song, I don't know.
Speaker 10: Man, we gotta just agree to disagree. Because the biggest rapper that y'all might think, Bro, these niggas get assistance.
Speaker 2: But they one of two things is happening. Either they're paying someone to get assistance and telling them to shut up, right, or they're giving them their credits.
Speaker 5: Ain't tricking them. I see these nigga tricking nigga.
Speaker 10: Listen, if I come to the studio on her right now, give her the hook, right yeah? And then I'm hummling. I ain't got to get her the words. I'm humming her the cadence. I wrote that song no matter what words you feel in the gap, because you didn't have the what do you call it?
Speaker 5: I give you the hot I really wrote it.
Speaker 6: This could change the whole vibe of a song. I do agree with.
Speaker 2: That, But I'm saying the person, Okay, let's let's let's do a flashback. You remember, and I'll digg one up the controversy with why see future racks on racks right?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Who do we or the culture who should get the credit for that record?
Speaker 5: That so your hook?
Speaker 2: But but what wasn't It wasn't in some controversy back then where it's like why she was kicking it like this because it is his song?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: It was so who That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: They got by a nigga from the sea who don't know what it was. This will really proudo song.
Speaker 10: I put this song out that was really his song because I'm on the hook and I got the best verse Bravo. Right, So, no matter whose song it is, y'all your label fin to push this, but this ship catapulte me.
Speaker 3: But I but I have primary.
Speaker 1: Because it is.
Speaker 8: But guess what, No Pluto had primary, whether they wanted to give it to him or not.
Speaker 1: No, for sure on that level, for sure we knew what a game.
Speaker 10: Why see the whole song and not putting no Verse on it, It went a whole nother way.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, yeah.
Speaker 5: Let's get back to it nother thing.
Speaker 1: You talk about a lot of mental health. Talk to us a little bit about your mental health journey.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I got really big into mental health after I got injured playing division in basketball, because I don't think people realize as athletes, we dedicate.
Speaker 6: Our whole lives to that to the game.
Speaker 4: So I got injured when I was like, I think twenty two twenty, so I was just a sophomore junior in college, and it pretty much took me out.
Speaker 6: Of the game.
Speaker 4: So I dropped out of school, you know, and it was just like a detriment because I felt like, well, now what now do I've dedicated my whole life to the game of basketball. So after that, you know, to not turn the vices, start drinking, start partying, and start clubbing, you know, start doing things that really weren't me.
Speaker 6: So I started reading more, got back in the prayer, you know.
Speaker 4: So I think that's when I really started to be like, my mental health is serious, and no one around you will really help you. As many as many people at like will say are you okay, A lot of people really don't want you to They don't want to hear your your sob story. So you really have to put your yourself first.
Speaker 6: And that's what I'm learning to do.
Speaker 10: A lot of athletes go through that, Like you know what I'm saying, you just gotta you just gotta rebirth yourself in that moment because you get stuck.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 10: There's so many dudes that's stuck in high school and college, you know what I'm saying in their mindset, like damn, bro, that was my shot.
Speaker 5: No it may that's.
Speaker 4: True, and I was. It's blessed to be able to do another path. But like I think about like how you're mentioning certain people, certain guys who what now, Like what if it's like, well, I guess I gotta go use this degree. Now I'll get a nine to five. You know what I'm saying, Like that could really be a detriment to your mental health.
Speaker 5: So and it's embarrassment people.
Speaker 9: People.
Speaker 10: A lot of people feel like, damn, I gotta go back to the hood. People gotta they feel embarrassed, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I catch myself sometimes like at the Why or fitness connection, that's what we call it in Houston's a jail and I'll.
Speaker 6: Be talking to the guys they come home from college.
Speaker 4: I'll be hooping what I'm like, Yeah, man, I used to I used to be that one and on and I'm like, oh my god, I've become that person that's like like nobody cares passed the ball, Like but it's crazy, like you really do get trapped in that mentality of like, man, I really could have went all the way.
Speaker 6: It's like an all nigga that used to have money exactly. I used to be a big shot. It's like nobody cares. What do you do now?
Speaker 3: What are you doing now?
Speaker 5: See no picture in black and white?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 5: Nah, But it's good that you reinvented yourself. You know what I'm saying. Multi talented?
Speaker 10: Sure, So what would you tell somebody that's that's feeling like they shot, they missed, they shot, but they're still young, they still got a chance in anything.
Speaker 4: It's so cliche, but and I've seen my mom do it. Like I always say, my mom's come up stories one of my favorites, right because most people know it from Basketball Wives Fighting, ebt. Things like that, And now she has the top show on MTV, right, and it took her about ten years, but she was in her late thirties when she was on I mean her early thirties when she was on Basketball Wives, right, So it's like, never give.
Speaker 6: Up because it's never too late.
Speaker 4: So whenever I get in my head I live, just look at my mom and I'm so blessed to be able to have someone that I could just get in my car, go fifteen minutes up the way, knock on her door and be like I need some I.
Speaker 6: Need some lift it up. Yeah, well she stays here as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, But yeah, that's just a never never give up because it's really never too late, like you never know where life is going to take you back.
Speaker 2: So in fact, yeah, we look at like Angel Reyes and all that type of stuff, like what does it make you think to seeing them do they thing.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I always say when I was when I was playing ball, we didn't have those nil deals.
Speaker 6: We didn't we couldn't even use our likeness. You couldn't.
Speaker 4: I couldn't even use my I think I had when I was playing ball, like thirty thousand followers at the time, and I remember my coat saying, we don't care about that.
Speaker 6: We can't use that. Don't even speak on that, you know.
Speaker 4: But now to see all those girls really shining, really getting those endorsements, because you know, regardless of when people say the w NBA but didn't ever, I'm gonna say never, I'm not gonna make as much as the guys ever in life, I don't know. But you know, now the girls really can win and eat because they can get those endorsements from Nike, you know, and other things like that.
Speaker 6: So I love to see it. And I think it's black excellence for sure.
Speaker 5: Sure, So what's what's nixt for you?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 5: Sound what you're gonna try?
Speaker 6: Nick much?
Speaker 5: You gotta keep trying.
Speaker 4: I'm the type of person I want to excel at something. I've never been the type of I think you should be. Well, thank you, I appreciate that, But I want to really, you know, get that hit record or get that.
Speaker 6: Movie, that top box office movie.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying something that I can really be like I did that, you know. So right now I'm just gonna keep flying tuning those.
Speaker 5: Those craps almost your song. What's next? So what's next for you?
Speaker 1: Period?
Speaker 10: Not relationship, not nothing? What's your dream outside of entertainment, basketball? Like, what's your dream? That's a little girl, what you dream that.
Speaker 5: You want to be?
Speaker 6: You know, just go see cliche too, But I do. I do it. I live it every day.
Speaker 5: That's real shit really too. I just dream to be at peace.
Speaker 6: I don't want to get too deep, but every day I wake up, I'm like, life is really amazing right now.
Speaker 1: So any regrets.
Speaker 4: Spending too much time on certain people and not even in the sense of relationship, but certain friendships that fell out, and you.
Speaker 6: Know, I just say, man, I wish I had that year back. I would I had those.
Speaker 4: Two years back where I could really just put that into myself, you know. But I try not to be regretful because I've learned from every situation. But I'm twenty eight now, so I'm like, we can't keep learning. I mean, I want to keep learning, but I can't keeps wasting forty still learning, like you know. Like, so I'm trying to get better at acknowledging and having discernment where it's like, let me just steer clear of this because I saw this happen two three years ago, so let me just steer clear.
Speaker 5: Of its red flags to a friendship or a.
Speaker 4: Relationship, always asking me for something, Oh for sure, I'm.
Speaker 6: Big on that. Like not even, I'm like, not even, it doesn't even have.
Speaker 4: To be monetary, but just you always need, need, need, but you don't give right. And I'm the type of person I don't need much, so the things I ask are very minor, especially in like relationships. Just like if you go to the store, pick me up a slim gym, it's my favorite snack. Ever that would make my day. I don't need you to take me to Linux and get me a parichannel.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So when it comes to relationships, I'm always like, why do you need me so much? But then you don't give me even the bare minimum. And with friendships, I would say the same. I got a lot of friends. You know, we're not needymore, but I have some leashes in my circle. I'm like, oh, I see what this is. You're only around to see what you can get from this.
Speaker 5: How big are your energy? Like, I'm very first meet people.
Speaker 6: I'm very big on that. But I'm a hugger, so like I like me too.
Speaker 5: I'm a hugger too, man.
Speaker 4: Because alright with guys, and so you never know, Yeah, some guys are that nice. You know what I'm saying. They'll be like, yo, don't you know? So well, guys, it's a little different. But I'm more of a hugger, and I think that's the best way to tell somebody's energy right off.
Speaker 2: So matter of fact, so like personal life, can you cook?
Speaker 1: You can't? She just said, no, you ain't even say.
Speaker 6: I'm not even gonna lie about it any more.
Speaker 3: Have you ever even made an attempt?
Speaker 6: Yes? Okay, well I mean that's yeah, it's you start.
Speaker 4: But like and all, and I hate to be this person, but all my relationships they cook, so I've never had the need to learn. And then when I'm out of a relationship, I just go to my mom's house and her husband cooks.
Speaker 6: My mom don't cook either.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't be mad.
Speaker 5: I think men cook better than women anyway when they lock in.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, my stepdad throws down place. Yeah. So yeah, I just never found the need to cook.
Speaker 10: Mm hmmm hmm, because most of the time in all the big boy restaurant the chef is what here shall be what?
Speaker 5: Let's be real, Yeah, I should let me know, man, y'all won't have no food all the cook.
Speaker 2: So let'sten let's make that every week then, But that's what this what can we look forward to twenty twenty five? Like we got to get something up out of you that you're over there rubbing your hands hot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, you know, until it until that, I hate to be that person. But until the ink dries, you know, I can ever really say it. You gotta benefest you a model to no, But my team wants me to get into that. While I don't like taking pictures of us, I have to or unless it's something like right like this where it's like this is a big thing, so I'll take a picture.
Speaker 6: But other than that, like my every day like I don't want to get glammed up. I don't want to. Yeah, you know, it's just ahead a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why my teams like, stop blocking your blessing so you know we'll see.
Speaker 1: But are you a homebody at heart?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Are you outside outside?
Speaker 6: Like I said.
Speaker 4: Outside, Okay, I'm outside, which makes sense okay as.
Speaker 3: Well outside Yeah, I'm the outside man.
Speaker 5: I did some heard you say.
Speaker 9: Trey?
Speaker 5: You ever did in the music?
Speaker 4: Yeah, me and Sauce Walker got a couple of records Trey. We haven't gotten around to doing one.
Speaker 5: But that's like, who think they go from Houston?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 5: Name five name all on?
Speaker 6: So are we talking like it could be from any era because.
Speaker 8: That's always like like why you didn't say you know, of all time?
Speaker 6: We got to put u g K of course Houston for Houston? Hold on, don't do this right, that's right there?
Speaker 3: You got this like the cater Atlanta type ship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not doing that debate. You're gonna give me definitely back home, I would say.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't listen to his music a lot, but he's monumental Travis Scott, He's like on another level.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think we have to put him in that discussion.
Speaker 12: Zero I know you yeah, yeah, yeah, I got two more.
Speaker 6: I'm like this list is crazy.
Speaker 4: For now, like for what's going on now, I have for my brother Sauce Walker. I think what he does is amazing and he I don't think people realize how many artists he assigned to him. That he also puts on a platform to eat as well. Yeah, I saw him do that, so I think for me, it's a little different with him.
Speaker 6: So I definitely have to put him in there.
Speaker 4: And I think for females, we gotta go with Megan. Yeah, I would have to put her for when it comes to female rap, She's one of the top in the past couple of.
Speaker 5: Years from music, ain't.
Speaker 6: Oh well, we were talking about rap.
Speaker 3: Now, let me get the queen about wrap?
Speaker 14: I thought, oh, I thought, what about all ever?
Speaker 10: Like, go to music is and all y'all can answer that just period, But go to mute.
Speaker 5: The greatest of all time entertainment.
Speaker 1: I gotta start playing with Mike.
Speaker 5: Ain't not bigger than Mike? Yeah alive.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: We go R and B first A Love R and B Breezy who that.
Speaker 8: Nigga just saw it out of fucking nine hundred thousand people arena, Yes, what about.
Speaker 6: I was literally about to say that that.
Speaker 5: Ship thirty years man, you don't even seem last year.
Speaker 1: That's why Brown, That's why I wanted that versus to happen.
Speaker 10: That's why he ain't that big an usher.
Speaker 5: Bro go to that concert. Hes gonna show you that concert.
Speaker 1: They ain't never give. They're not gonna put Breeze on the super Bowl because.
Speaker 5: Of I ain't talking about that. Ain't my own super Bowl.
Speaker 9: Just to might.
Speaker 10: You can't take USh chrip Brown, he gonna he he got more time left, I think the Usher, so he's gonna ways surpass that usher, that nigga man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's like you can't even It's kind of like I don't want to say you can't compare her.
Speaker 10: You really can't, you right, you really can. They both will get both will get to both.
Speaker 14: That hundred.
Speaker 5: The whole country them up. What about a wrap.
Speaker 1: Who usher? First?
Speaker 6: I was thinking we weren't gonna call it divide.
Speaker 5: Who you leaning toward?
Speaker 2: You can't, yeah, said alive all times alive?
Speaker 4: Answer you said, I would have, Yeah, I would either have to say Nikki or Drake, like those are the only two that I think would make alive.
Speaker 3: Like sons. Yeah, yeah, No, I didn't. I didn't mean it like that I'm just thinking.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking, like in the total scope of things, I didn't know we were doing like male and Female, the best rapper alive and the best. But you gotta say, when you gotta say Jay, you got to include those names in the conversations. You gotta fucking talk about like the fucking masterpiece.
Speaker 5: You gotta.
Speaker 6: Who Now?
Speaker 4: Can you still be to go? If you're if you're not, if you're not selling now, you're not right because like my best friend loves Little Wayne.
Speaker 6: But we had this discussion about and.
Speaker 4: I loved Wayne's tapes, but I'm like, if Wayne's albums, now, are they selling?
Speaker 6: Like that? To still say he's the criteria.
Speaker 5: Gold is impact. You can't just say impact the person, So I probably do gotta take out of that the person because he can't.
Speaker 10: But you get on, I'm saying, well rounded, Like, Okay, we're gonna leave that conversation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a tough one.
Speaker 4: Numbers matter, Numbers matter. I feel like, who's about the gold conversation?
Speaker 5: Who the greatest? Who the greatest independent record label CEO ever?
Speaker 4: He?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Which people?
Speaker 9: I mean, Peter, that dude.
Speaker 6: Press h Town. Yeah, you can.
Speaker 5: Nobody put out bigger.
Speaker 8: Artists than listen to what I'm saying, though, but independently independent.
Speaker 5: When you start a record label, bro, boot label, you're an independent label.
Speaker 10: Regardless of how you look at it. You probably win a deal a major, but you still haven't you started in recordation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wasn't saying about that.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, straight Indy.
Speaker 5: I meant to say booty.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, saying that now, like of course, like that's money, that's hands down. But I'm just thinking, like fucking just straight Indie out the trunk and ship yeah, masterp for sure, Yeah yeah, and I think that they got noodles all kinds of.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 5: He gets the ultimate.
Speaker 10: Man came on up with open stop playing bro yeah.
Speaker 5: P P the one though.
Speaker 10: But I'm just saying, like the biggest of all time put out the biggest artist. Y'all just put two of the artists in the greatest all time category three Nick, they came money.
Speaker 6: For sure for sure.
Speaker 5: I want to one. I gotta go back. I said, I want to see what you got, man, see that d one and let's go back in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But I played like at the why and stuff?
Speaker 3: You ever coach like kids?
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, I love the game too much that I would be I wouldn't be the a good coach I got you.
Speaker 6: I'll be like, why would you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you co ed or just so?
Speaker 4: When I was growing up, I was in co co ed my whole life. Yeah, and then of course you gotta change over once you hit a certain age.
Speaker 6: But now I play with the guys.
Speaker 5: It makes you tough.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, they don't want to hit that crash.
Speaker 2: Yeah we're rapping acting. I forgot all your hustles rapping.
Speaker 6: Acting, playing ball. I guess the athletes. Now I just do pilates really, and I'll go to the y every now and then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's your topic trait?
Speaker 6: Oh? I have a really bad toxic trait.
Speaker 4: Like I go through Instagram followers, right, No, I go through Instagram following.
Speaker 6: So like, if you say we ain't talked, I could tell her two.
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna talk every day, but if like today, maybe we're not as like lovey dovey, I'm gonna I have a really bad habit. I'm like, well, why did your following go up from a thousand to one thousand and one?
Speaker 6: That means you were outside? Who did you meet outside? Were doing meet the.
Speaker 4: It's really bad, Like to the point, now I don't follow like the person I date.
Speaker 6: You don't follow each other at all. I said, I don't want to see anything.
Speaker 5: Oh you're saying toxic. You're saying in a relationship.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, what did you mean? Really a toxic person?
Speaker 4: Naturally, I'm toxic in my relationships, but not in my friendships, not in family life, none of that.
Speaker 6: I'm not really toxic.
Speaker 15: You count of followers, yes, if they go out to the club or something.
Speaker 4: And it's like, why that means that you gave your fault or something had to happen, you hadn't exchange.
Speaker 10: Not really, yes, not really, because you could be strolling to be like damn, I like this and just follow.
Speaker 5: I do it all the time.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, no, so I go to that person's page.
Speaker 4: So like, for instance, if they live if they live in Houston too, toxic?
Speaker 1: You great in.
Speaker 4: Houston too, and you in Houston and like y'all y'all mad like there's and then you were outside like I just put I'm a cancer.
Speaker 6: So I'm very over I'm overthinking. Yes, I'm gonna drive myself crazy.
Speaker 4: Then I'm just gonna call you and then what they say, I'm crazy.
Speaker 1: I feel you though.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm trying to get rid of that trade.
Speaker 1: Kind of follows deep.
Speaker 5: What's your trait for me?
Speaker 1: Come back to me on that. What's y'all with mine?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mouth.
Speaker 10: Bitches and ship, Yeah, fanity saying I'm trying to fix that. That's my most types of trait.
Speaker 1: Stubbornness.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my my types of the trade. My mouth, my overly my mouth, like for sure, But when I'm dealing with somebody or or when something's going on and I feel like they're playing with me or I start overthinking shit or whatever, then I go ghost like I.
Speaker 6: Do that so bad.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just I get out of there, like, and you know what I'm saying, it's a it's not a good thing, but I feel just like, for instance, just like if you're a dude and you're and me and you are like got something going on or whatever, and like I call you could see the thing the thing that I don't do. You know how people like blow up people's phone.
Speaker 3: Shit, I don't do that.
Speaker 8: Like I'll call you, you don't answer, I'll text you. I might even text you twice after that if you don't answer or respond then we'll never talk again until like I see you or you know what I'm saying, like you call or whatever, Like I just.
Speaker 1: But what do you think you might be coming to conclusions with that? Sometimes because what if something happened.
Speaker 8: No, if something happens, then whenever I see the nigga again, he can explain what happened and then we'll go from there. But I just be like, that's some shit. That is just like my pet peeve like being ignored. So it's like I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't like do the most Like so if I call you and I text you or whatever and you don't respond to none of that, then okay, cool.
Speaker 4: But is there a time period like what they cannot respond before you go ghost?
Speaker 6: Or is it just like ship?
Speaker 3: I mean you know it is.
Speaker 8: I mean it ain't really no time because Ship, if dan respond, damn respond like.
Speaker 10: I be had to pray man could sometimes be thinking I can just read read minds and ship, bro. You know that's that's the form of toxic too, because you can already convict somebody or something.
Speaker 1: Like Ship.
Speaker 10: I have to stop doing that because I can got there, walk in here and see like screenky be on their phone like, man, nigga, what's up this nigga bro?
Speaker 5: He on his phone. You know what I'm saying, I gotta get you back. You know what I'm saying. It's just got.
Speaker 10: Book because people be going through ship they self agreement, agreement, that's to the full agreement.
Speaker 5: Read books.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the book I'm reading right now is by Mark Manson. But it's a cuss word in there.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 5: I know what?
Speaker 1: Some are not giving up something.
Speaker 4: I read that one now, the second one, the blue one's blue, and it's very It's pretty good because I get in my head a lot, so I have to read like motivational books to.
Speaker 10: I think those books are just confirmations stuff we already know. When you read it, it just let you know, like get off the fence you're you're doing some books.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: You know how we try to justify in our own line, but they unjustified.
Speaker 5: The books do like you tripping.
Speaker 6: That's very true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think I think you'll be a dope monitor.
Speaker 6: Thank you. You know, I might get into it.
Speaker 5: You got the brands on. They need to be paying you and sending it to you.
Speaker 2: Let's see, what's something you want to say to the world, your fans, your supporters are fans our supporters. What's the what's the What's some gyms you want to give them?
Speaker 6: It's got put on the spot.
Speaker 5: That's what we do.
Speaker 16: That's what we do on the podcast. All about you.
Speaker 1: Right, sometimes to be simple, just what's on your heart.
Speaker 4: I think for me, the biggest thing that I had to learn, right, So this is the gym that I'm gonna drop, is to trust God's timing right, and even if.
Speaker 6: No matter what you believe.
Speaker 4: I believe in God, yeah, but whatever you believe in, just let the let the world work at its pace.
Speaker 6: It's not don't rush the process.
Speaker 10: Let it lie yeah, okay, let it a lie yeah, let it alie is.
Speaker 2: I would say, we appreciate you pulling up on us, don't yeh.
Speaker 5: Manifestation is real.
Speaker 2: Big shouts out of Jazz Anderson kicking kicking it with us on Big Fast. Check us out a trickle w dot big fatspot dot Com, like comments, subscribe all that
Speaker 5: Don't capt