Speaker 1: It's your brand new second date update. It's about to start. It's brooking Jeffrey in the morning. We're getting into presents on the first date. Yeah, what's the biggest present you've ever given Jose on a first date? Because present a good question for you.
Speaker 2: I gotta give me time.
Speaker 3: I mean, the usual is like a candle or a stuffy something simple or anything.
Speaker 2: If we've built any rapport.
Speaker 3: If she's like, you know, I love clams, and I'm gonna buy you a little clam stuffy.
Speaker 4: But it could it could do hair. I mean, Jose's love language is definitely gifted.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, so we'll get into that. But first comments from our lovely listeners, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 6: Why in there too?
Speaker 4: But I don't know how to pronounce them together, but.
Speaker 7: It says I tell everyone about you, guys. I've been listening for almost a decade. My roommates just said, do you want to hear this insane show on TikTok? Like, girl, I told you about them first.
Speaker 6: That must feel so good. I have a lot of ogs that are like no, no, no, I knew him before.
Speaker 1: They were like totally totally thank you so much for being here. Yeah, always leave your comments. We love to read them, and please subscribe and share with your friends who are just not on.
Speaker 4: It like you are.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's Brook and Jeffrey and your second date starts now, second date up date.
Speaker 8: Is it okay to bring a gift on a first date? Yeah, of course, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Take as long as it's yes, small, thoughtful, and I'm a low pressure, like a little quirky key chain with their name on it, then why not like.
Speaker 2: A small dog.
Speaker 8: Well, that's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 8: You want to avoid something that's too expensive, nothing too over the top romantic, because the goal is to just be sweet, not serious.
Speaker 1: If you can link it to some inside joke you already have, it's even better.
Speaker 8: You have to absolutely and our listener, Allison mentioned again was involved in her first date recently. I don't know the parameters of it or what exactly happened, so let's talk to her about it. Allison, Hey, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 5: Hi, thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: What did you get us as a gift?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying I thought that she was into gift giving.
Speaker 8: Well before we get to the gift. Let's start with who's the guy we're calling and how did you meet him?
Speaker 5: Well, his name is Corey, and I met him on a dating app.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm so curious if you were the gift giver a receiver in this situation.
Speaker 9: I was actually the receiver.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: It's weird that he would give a gift and be that excited about a date and then not be calling you past another one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 9: So it was kind of my idea.
Speaker 5: I told him that she should bring a little gift to make a first impression.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, oh, you asked for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that really changes, yeah, said not calling while you're.
Speaker 7: On the phone.
Speaker 8: It's good to have a woman who knows what she wants.
Speaker 4: How did he receive that? Did he laugh? At first? I would think that someone was joking.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was a little bit of a joke.
Speaker 5: But also, on the other hand, it's also like, well, why shouldn't guys come with a little offering, you know, nothing big, nothing too crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're right, but naturally, like the guy should already show up with something tiny.
Speaker 1: Not a joke from guys, What did you want him?
Speaker 4: To bring you.
Speaker 9: That's the thing. It's up to him.
Speaker 5: I think it'd be cute to kind of figure out, like, what is he going to bring to impressed? But I also told him nothing too serious.
Speaker 8: Okay, so this is more fun. You're not going in with big expectations. You're just trying to see how his brain works and what type of item he's going to get for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, So what did he end up bringing for you?
Speaker 5: A cinnamon roll scented candle.
Speaker 8: And nothing says romance like cinnamon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like grandma, but it's safe, right, Yeah, he doesn't love.
Speaker 4: The smell of cinnamon.
Speaker 8: What was your reaction to that?
Speaker 10: I thought it was funny.
Speaker 5: I mean throughout the entire date, I started calling him b s E.
Speaker 9: Big fragrance energy.
Speaker 8: Oh there you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, created an inside joke.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's pretty smart of the guy too, because now anytime you smell cinnamon rolls, you're gonna think of him.
Speaker 5: I did ask him like why he chose the cinnamon rolls sense and he was like, oh, I imagine.
Speaker 9: You're smelling like this, which I thought was kind of cute.
Speaker 8: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Do you work at a mall? Is that maybe why.
Speaker 5: No, I don't imagine.
Speaker 9: I don't know why he imaged it.
Speaker 1: I think he probably couldn't come up with another reason, and he was just blurting out whatever.
Speaker 4: One of the checkout aisle.
Speaker 8: Basically okay, take us through the rest of the day.
Speaker 5: I mean, we weren't only talking about candles, but he let me text him a candle recommendation list. Oh, because I got into candles a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: Wait, could he have been insulted by that?
Speaker 8: Like maybe like the implication is, here's a bunch of other candles you should buy for me. Yeah, there are the flavor that you chose because you're wrong.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think I would have been insulted if I gifted a candle and then I got set back.
Speaker 5: Anything.
Speaker 2: You give someone a ring and they're like, here's better rings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't think it offended him when it was like happening when I said it to him, because we were laughing and stuff. Okay, But then at the end of the day, I was open for a kiss because it was going so well. Yeah, but he just gave me a hug, and then I was like, Okay, well, maybe he's still being a gentleman. Or something, because I thought he was going to ask me in the next forty eight hours to go out on the next date, but he didn't.
Speaker 9: Like maybe he actually was offended. Like you guys are saying, did.
Speaker 1: You tell him that he had to bring a present on the next date at any point?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: No, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: It was kind of like a one saying yeah.
Speaker 8: But with the list that you send, in his mind, it might be implied that he's expected to show up.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, what if he's saving up for a candle or like that's all he's like, I just need twelve dollars.
Speaker 4: More than twelve bucks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, he's trying. Got multiple candles on your list. It could be a big problem.
Speaker 6: So see, you overwhelmed him with wax.
Speaker 8: You expected a date within forty eight hours. That hasn't happened. How long has it been?
Speaker 9: Maybe a week?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, and you haven't heard anything, nothing.
Speaker 5: And you know, I'm gonna just point because I really do like him, and he's really freaking cute and I really thought we had something.
Speaker 1: And it's easy for you to reach out to and be like, oh my god, look at my cute candle.
Speaker 4: Here's a picture of it in my house. You like that one? He can't keep.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every time you used the candle.
Speaker 2: I had to blow it out for ten minutes. But I'm back. Yeah, he's a picture.
Speaker 4: Don't blow a candle out that soon.
Speaker 8: My husband, did you do that?
Speaker 2: Property?
Speaker 8: Have you texted him a picture using the candle?
Speaker 9: I did? I did? I mean the first time.
Speaker 5: It makes sense, but then that was like awkwardly the last thing that was sexted.
Speaker 1: It would be kind of funny if you took your candle with you everywhere you wait and set them updates, like here's the candle on the.
Speaker 7: Bus, don't do.
Speaker 6: The gym together.
Speaker 8: No, okay, let's not laugh. This was a very very cute gift, and now we're minimalizing it. I feel like there is a really sincere reason that he's not.
Speaker 4: Calling you serious. Okay, I did know this.
Speaker 8: Serious, making jokes of true romance. So let's try and do this the right way. When we come back, we'll call Corey and get you your second date update right after this. Thank you, hold on second date update.
Speaker 10: Imagine sticky sweet sugar melting into ribbons of cinnamon spice with the aroma of buttery dough rising into the air like temptation itself.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I think I'm pregnant.
Speaker 4: Did you just make that sexy somehow?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That sounds amazing.
Speaker 10: It doesn't just smell good, it seduces the room.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 8: What I just described was a gift our listener Allison received on her first date, a cinnamon roll scented candle from Corey.
Speaker 4: Most people think of Grandma's, but not jeff.
Speaker 8: An. Yeah, where my mind goes. But afterwards, Corey has disappeared, just like a box of cinnabon left in our breakroom. The one thing Alison things she may have done wrong is send him a list of other candle sense that she likes, which even Brooke agreed is a little bit presumptuous, right, Brooke.
Speaker 4: I could see it being read wrong. I don't think that that was her intention.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you know, I have a husband who loves candles, and he has a long list of his favorite sense.
Speaker 4: How to care for the candle, how to cut the wick. There is a lot of rules.
Speaker 8: My rule about candles is whatever you do, don't eat it. And it's a tough one. I have to remind myself every time. I know Allison. You didn't do that right, You didn't bite into your salmon eral candle?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, okay, good, all right, we can rule.
Speaker 8: We need to ass I mean, that's true. You never know what happens on these second date updates. People end up doing weird stuff we never thought of all the time. So let's call Corey and find out if he's a candle fiend, just like Brooks husband. Here we go in a dial his number right now. Hello, Hey, we're looking to speak with Corey.
Speaker 9: Speaking.
Speaker 8: Hey, this is a radio show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's up Corey Brook?
Speaker 8: Super cool radio show obviously based on what you've just heard. No, super sure, but we're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 9: I'm just so confused.
Speaker 8: So many people, Yeah, a lot of people.
Speaker 9: I help you. What's going on?
Speaker 8: Well, this is a segment that we do. It's called Second Date Update. We're trying to help out one of our listeners who's asked us to reach out to you. A woman you went out with recently named Alison.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 8: First impressions about Alison.
Speaker 9: She's an interesting girl. She's definitely a quirky person.
Speaker 8: Interesting, quirky are good things right, not always? Okay, we we know that something must be up because you have not reached out to Alison trying to arrange a second date, and she just is a little confused about why it hasn't happened.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I think she's a little odd.
Speaker 8: Allison's odd.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she's a little odd. She had asked for me to bring her a gift to our first date.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean she told us about that, and actually she said she really appreciated the gift that you got her.
Speaker 9: Yeah, oh she did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Miss Cinnamon roll Kandle.
Speaker 9: Correct.
Speaker 8: Yes, I mean, okay, is that the reason?
Speaker 9: Well no, so she I don't know if she told you, but she actually in fact got me two gifts.
Speaker 4: Wait, she brought you something.
Speaker 8: She didn't mention that at all. Wow.
Speaker 9: To be honest, she kind of surprised me because I thought I was really the only one who's going to be bringing a gift.
Speaker 3: But I love that she set him up, like here, we give me a gift to test him, and then she had a gift to you.
Speaker 4: Guys don't get gifts very often. It seems like that would make you feel special, right.
Speaker 8: Why are you framing it as a bad thing?
Speaker 9: Well, it wasn't so much like the idea of the gift. That was the gifts that she brought that made me feel the uneasy uneasy.
Speaker 4: Oh, I am so curious as to what she brought me.
Speaker 2: Not the right stuff.
Speaker 8: Hopefully it's not her baby teeth that she's been saving for the right guy? Amal in it? What was the gift?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 9: The first one there was a rock that she found on the sidewalk that morning, a rock.
Speaker 4: That could be kind of funny, like is it shaped like a heart or something? You know?
Speaker 9: No, just a rock and I just thought weird taking it because she said it was her lucky rock and she has given it to me likes mean to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's she just found it, you know, It's not like it was lucky for that day.
Speaker 4: Yeahket a rock.
Speaker 8: That she found this morning. What was gift number two?
Speaker 9: The second gift she handed me was like a homemade coupon book.
Speaker 1: I don't know, yeah, yeah, like this is good for one BackRub, this is good for all do the dishes?
Speaker 8: They're usually sexy things, Yeah.
Speaker 4: They're usually things in relationships?
Speaker 6: Is that what it was?
Speaker 9: One coupon was for one good existential conversation. Another one was about like a midnight call where we talk about aliens.
Speaker 8: Aliens specifically.
Speaker 1: You can't talk about those at lunchtime. It's only a conversation.
Speaker 9: The other one was one deep discussion about the meaning of socks in society.
Speaker 4: On your feet, I do a bit of joke. I mean that sounds funny.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, also kind of romantic. Do you know was it a joke?
Speaker 9: I mean, she's a bit luu, so it seems like, oh, probably on brand for her. I just kind of like kill the mood.
Speaker 4: Maybe the socks doesn't turn them on, Jeff, it does you.
Speaker 8: Well, I know how to bring the mood right back up, and that's by letting you know that Allison is on the other line right now, listening, waiting to talk to you about alien tonspiracy theories. So go ahead, Allison's not midnight.
Speaker 9: Hey, Corey, Allison, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: I really thought the date went great, honestly, and I'm a little shocked right now that you're finding that little coupon book I made you weird.
Speaker 9: I think it's.
Speaker 5: Fun, especially like the docks of society, like docs are underrated, like they say a lot about culture, personality, like way more than people realize.
Speaker 9: Okay, it just for a bit odds for the first time eating Allison.
Speaker 4: It's a little strange that you didn't bring it up with us.
Speaker 5: I didn't you guys ever really asked.
Speaker 4: About the existential coupon book.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, I agree with all of the things that you're saying, but putting it into a coupon book on a first date. I think that's the part that's a little odd.
Speaker 6: But that's why I thought it was a joke though, Like, were you kidding?
Speaker 2: Were you being lighthearted.
Speaker 5: Above the aliens? Yes, Like we can have that call any I am okay everything else.
Speaker 8: So she's just talking about the time frame when she can have the alien discussion, and not just midnight anytime of day.
Speaker 2: But you are down to chopping up.
Speaker 1: About alien It is funnier when you say aliens at midnight for some reason the time zone is.
Speaker 8: Okay, Corey, Does that clear it all up for you?
Speaker 9: I mean, it's it's pretty much what I thought.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, you date somebody like her, and maybe your mind opens up to some new ideas and some new experiences.
Speaker 5: Yes, I can, I can open your mind and all that good stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just going to date with me.
Speaker 4: She's robbing a Himalayan salt rocks.
Speaker 9: My mind is pretty open, but I don't know just a bit much.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, what about big fragrant energy gay right b f E.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, if I'm not feeling it, I'm not feeling it. I'm sure like that's true.
Speaker 8: I mean, Allison, and if this is how Corey feels, maybe he's not the right guy for you. You need somebody that matches your same vibe, your same energy that you're looking for.
Speaker 4: He needs to find a right sock to her left sock.
Speaker 9: Jeff romantic, but I like him.
Speaker 5: And I mean, I didn't even tell you. If there's another coupon in there, that's one free awkward hug, an awkward one.
Speaker 6: Oh you guys get a hug and be like no, no, no, that was way too good.
Speaker 3: We got to make it weird whole day.
Speaker 8: So you don't want to pass up that opportunity, because we would pay for you two to go out on another date. If you'll agree to it. Just give it one chanced, kid.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's so funny.
Speaker 9: I actually think your host should go on a date with her because he seems really excited about a lot of the things she's saying.
Speaker 4: Triple awkward hug.
Speaker 2: Anybody else wanted circle.
Speaker 8: Even though this didn't end up working out, there's not going to be a second date. I do think something positive came out of us. We were able to figure out that you're two different people after two different things, and that's okay.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Can I just say, like Corey, you can't use that coupon book with anyone else. It only works with me.
Speaker 6: Oh, she's gonna get jealous.
Speaker 9: I think that's a deal.
Speaker 4: Oh, I feel like he's already thrown out the book.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's working Jeffrey in the morning. Honestly, I don't know why she's being persecuted for being creative with her cubon book.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're on your side out.
Speaker 8: Most of the time, coupons are like one free back rub, one day of me doing chores naked in the house, and those are so old and played out. It's nice to hear someone actually put some creativity and like shake it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Dude, I want to do the sock one, Like when when do we do the sock segment?
Speaker 4: Let her on and just let her go.
Speaker 8: That would be fun. But of course, you know us men. We don't like new ideas or creative shakeups to our normal routine where simple creatures who like the same old crap over and over and over forever till we're dead.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Somehow someone's gonna say, Brooke, why are you saying such mean things about men?
Speaker 4: Yeah, jeff that's me.
Speaker 8: I hate us, and you can hate. Listen to us online wherever you get your podcasts, they're up at Brook and Jeffrey. Or if you ever need help with your dating life, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning