Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich Podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Coveno Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR A right CNR on FSR.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey, what's up buddy? Look who just got on base?
Speaker 2: Because he's awesome. Won Soto lead off walk, fourth inning, Mets are down. Yeah, but he's not trying to help the team. He in his contract for every walk he gets, he gets a little slight bonus, so he's pumped for it exactly.
Speaker 1: So he's thinking right now, yes, yes, more money for me.
Speaker 2: So again, we're broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio, but we're gonna be broadcasting live next week from Atlanta during MLB All Star Week as we fill in for the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Hit pipperade out.
Speaker 2: Thank you for rocking out with us, and by the way, good luck. I know it already was taped, but good luck to Dan Patrick. Tonight as The Dan Patrick Show takes on Rich eisen On family Feud. That's on at eight o'clock tonight Eastern. I'll spanksizing tonight. I saw a dam Patrick guy posted a pretty cool video and they announced his name. He was doing like a selfie video and the crowd was going nuts, and Steve Harvey was there.
Speaker 1: Really cool. Well, hey, tight, because we might talk about that if we have time.
Speaker 2: What do you think does Fast Money? Who do you think they chose Marvin or Fritzy? Marvin definitely as my guy. Yeah, I mean nothing against Fritzy, but Marvin I said that once and Fritzy got really no way. We love Fritzy. They did a thing of who would you rather sit on a plane next to? And I said Marvin, and Fritzy hit me up with a sad emoji. Well, good luck to DP Tonight. The brightest baseball athletes from HBCUs are about to make history in Atlanta. Catch the HPCU Swingman Classic presented by t Mobile, hosted by Ken Griffy Junior and stayed for the postgame fireworks at Truest Park on July eleventh. For tickets, visit All Star Game dot com and our show c and our Coveno and Rich is brought to you by Travis Matthew Apparel designed for confidence and comfort no matter where the day takes you. Visit Travismatthew dot com receive twenty percent off your first order when you sign up for email. All at Travis Matthew m Athew for twenty percent off your first order when you sign up for email and speaking up. We'll be rocking our Travis Matthew MLB collection T shirts at All Star break in Atlanta. I actually thought of that early. I'm like, what about what am I gonna wear in Atlanta? I'm like, sweet, I got some Travis Matthew met stuff. It really got some great stuff. Thanks again for sending us to the All Star Game and all your votes. Fox Sports Radio Nation and to Travismatthew dot com.
Speaker 1: Now we're in the.
Speaker 2: Middle of old school in fifty hits Every Thursday, we throw it back and reminisce and we get you involved. We'd love to get you involved on the show. Appreciate the calls eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. You can call them out anything. But there was a meme that dannyg sent us about old school in websites, and it said, what's an early internet site that kids these days will never know, And it makes you think there's a lot of things from our parents generations that will never know because they just never brought it up. It wasn't that important. It was just a little phase of their life. But we didn't know, So we we just live our lives never knowing that. If you don't tell your kids about MySpace or the rotten dot com, why in the world would they ever know that rotten dot com was one of those weird websites that you would go to see, like like the gruesome death pictures that the news wouldn't show you they had. And it's like the same reason we all watched Faces of Death. I don't know why, but we all did. It was the same intrigue that you had when you went to rotten dot com. I just got to see it. But for all the kids that are on TikTok and Snapchat and Instagram all day, hey, so few of them ever knew what the template from MySpace looked like. The idea of I'm gonna put my favorite people in my top eight, I'm gonna pick a song, I could pick a wallpaper.
Speaker 1: There was something so personalized about my Space. We were programmers.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, I feel like we both believed that my Space sort of blew it because as far as how you loved the look of it, I thought it was way better than anything we're.
Speaker 1: Doing because you personalized it.
Speaker 2: And you know, we were all friends with Tila, Tequila and Tom and until all these bots and all these fake accounts sort of ruined, and then Facebook became more popular for everybody. Remember Facebook was only for college students, so now everyone had an email, a college email to be part of Facebook.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then didn't justin Timberlake buy it and try to relaunch it.
Speaker 1: He did, He bought MySpace and it just didn't work out. But it was huge.
Speaker 2: It was great, and it was great if you were trying to date. If you put someone in your top eight, that meant something back then.
Speaker 3: It was great for musicians who were trying to break again and get popularity because you know, YouTube wasn't as big of a thing. Getting your song like in the spotlight on social media was not a thing back then. So all of us were hearing new music for the first time on MySpace.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of artists that really benefited, yep from MySpace. I remember when I first met my wife, not to date myself. It was the two thousands. I remember checking her MySpace page out and she was playing a new artist. I'm like, who's Lady Gaga. She's like, oh my god, you're gonna She's great. And I remember my wife in early on Godga. Because you would find cool music. It was great for music. And you know again, I loved how Cavino and I would put girls we were sweating on our top eight hopefully they'd notice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: And we were working for Maxim at the time too, so it definitely helped our dating scene. So shout out to MySpace. But you brought up it was great for music. How about websites like cause you know what, when the head lines and the stories are written right, it's all gonna be about.
Speaker 1: Napster or whatever. But we were on the LimeWire.
Speaker 2: We were on Aries was one that I used often to downblout smiles music. I feel like I've known you, yeah for you know, twenty years now. I remember you would always tell me about like, yo, I saw some girl on hot or not hot or not.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was just talking to anybody. It was like an early Tinder, like they stole it, like swiping or yes or no.
Speaker 2: Great people on their looks and you would never be a nine point five.
Speaker 1: You'd rate them like on a scale of one to ten. And I remember people took it person I uploaded a picture of myself and I was like, I would say, I would say, could be like a six. That's very funny too, I would saying it's still haunt him. He's like, I'm a six one and.
Speaker 2: Oh I probably have I actually probably have like a print out of it because I got a pretty high squirrel, so proud of it. I remember you being like, bro I got like at nine point two. I was like, look at this or not?
Speaker 3: I funny have a website you two were both featured on. Now, don't take this personal, because I think it's kind of an honor that you were on here, Okay, because you were on there with good looking girls. The website was called Hot Chicks with Douchebags dot Com, and my cousin and I we used to send links to each other every week with the funniest pictures and captions in this guy who ran this site would name the douchebags that had the orange tan going and they all looked like they were from New Jersey.
Speaker 1: No offense coming.
Speaker 2: No, that's exactly it, right, because your typical guy that they would feature looks like Pauli d or somebody like that, right, Yeah, and where East Coast dudes were from New York and New Jersey.
Speaker 3: So you guys were always photographed with the hottest girls.
Speaker 2: You were like the biggest douchebags and in people's minds. So, yes, the Lacquer West. I'll give you another website that kids today will never understand that. I'll tell you why there's a reason online bullying and you know, being terrible to other humans, you know, is no longer in good taste. Clearly, back in the day, there was a website that prayed and just being like a jerk and criticizing people.
Speaker 1: Do you remember The Dirty, Yes, we were on that too. I haven't thought about that in years.
Speaker 2: They would take a good looking girl, put her on the Dirty and all the comments would just rip her apart.
Speaker 1: You know when he started that culture. He's still popular now.
Speaker 2: But Perez Hilt, yes, he was the king of that or he would say the Queen and whatever.
Speaker 1: His website was really popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Prez Hilton, he he it was nice to us when we met him. He works with our buddy Chris Booker and stuff. But he called it back at He cleaned up his ac because he realized.
Speaker 1: Like like suit or something, just something happened.
Speaker 2: He grew up too and realized that he would ran in some the culture changed, he evolved with it, so good for him. But there's a few that stand out. Again, what's inn early internet website that kids these days will never know because we just don't go to websites the way we used to. I could I throw one at you that I feel like is on your list?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, because you and I have been You might not believe this, people, but were for the show. Yeah, there was a site, let's see, remember what do you think I'm thinking of? It was a site that compiled all the big headlines and you and I would always pull from it to do our radio show.
Speaker 1: I remember it.
Speaker 2: I remember it well in fact, because again this is where we got all our show ideas back and then fark dot com consolidated all the biggest headlines.
Speaker 1: For show preparation. It was perfect. Was it only for show prep and radio?
Speaker 3: There were a couple of sites we used for our morning show to prep every day.
Speaker 2: Got it far consolidated all the fun goofy stories from all these different websites, and it was all on one. And fark was when I went to every day. I honestly thought you were going to say, Ben mallor dot com. That's what Mallardy used to Yes, it was a rumor site that was very popular, very popular back in the day. Ben used to do that gossip king Ben Malley sports gossip. So it was like the same thing for more sports leaning.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ben was yeah, gosh, more than twenty years ago. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: He often says that he was ten years too early. When he was I was trying to ride because now sites like that later on sold to big corporations for a lot of money.
Speaker 1: He must want him.
Speaker 2: He would have been ten years later, probably would have sold for one hundred million dollars to some corporation. That's really cool, And you know, I understand the feeling of being early on something. I remember I was working at k Rock, New York, and I was a nobody. I was a desk jockey. I was working behind a desk, just trying to get on the air, driving the van around, and I had my own website because I was I was younger, I'm like, I'm not my own I Stevecavino dot com right, and all the other veterans they're like, what do.
Speaker 1: You got a website for?
Speaker 2: But I would put all these hot chicks and sports stuff on my website, and that's how I ended up with Maxim. They're like, this dude's all about dating and women and sports. Let's get him from Maxim. And that's how I met this bozo on the radio.
Speaker 1: Nice. Sure, yeah, So those things did help back then.
Speaker 2: And there was a website that I always went to and I loved, and some of you might remember this on a throwback Thursday, old school with fifty hits.
Speaker 1: There was a game. Now I remember talking early internet days.
Speaker 2: We're in our twenties on board and I'm kind of a I don't know how I describe it.
Speaker 1: You're horned up, knucklehead. There you go.
Speaker 2: There was a website called the romp dot com. The romp dot com now, I don't really remember what the website was, so investigate at your own risk. But there was a game on this website called Jake's Booty Call. And your whole point of playing this little website online game was to get Jake some booty and it was like a choose your own adventure game.
Speaker 1: So Jake would be like, hey, well what's up?
Speaker 2: And Jake would be at a party with his friends and you have to like choose what Jake did next to see.
Speaker 1: If he scored at the end. Do you remember this so called a.
Speaker 2: Booty call Jake's booty call on the ROMP dot com. But I'm telling you Rich, I loved it. I loved that game. I really did all the time. Let's go to our pal in Vegas. What's up trip? You're on you j buddy?
Speaker 6: Hey, gentlemen, iPhone user four, piece of pizza heter I got to catch up in the last few weeks.
Speaker 1: He's the pizza man.
Speaker 6: I was going to say a little fun fact for Cavino the Soto. The only reason he takes batting practice is he gets paid by the pitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe that. I believe that.
Speaker 6: And then two websites and then I got a real quick mispronunciation with parents story. I would say map quest and ask Jeeves. I don't think anybody uses.
Speaker 1: Ask Jeeves is a great Ask Jeeves. We haven't asked anything.
Speaker 2: Poor Jeeves is sitting around like somebody anyone needed, needs something, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: And uh yeah, map Quest for sure.
Speaker 3: Map question is the reason we hung on to a lot of our printers because that we use the ink cartridges the most printing out directions.
Speaker 2: Well, let me all right about you know, since I'm a two thousands guy at Serius six M Pop two K, I do the countdown every weekend, and I recorded this weekend's countdown yesterday. Nine was the year we got navigation on our smartphone for the first time. So in nine we were like, yo, map quest later to you like that was the year, oh nine, So.
Speaker 4: I had to write down map quest directions like by hand once I didn't have a printer. And then you're you're driving and like I'm driving to see my buddy in uh at Northwestern in Chicago, I'm looking at the directions handwritten and like looking away from the road.
Speaker 1: That's not that, say, you know what boomers love to talk about.
Speaker 2: They love to talk about how they had those big maps that open up like oh yeah, like our our parents there were map stores that sold that. But I'm saying parents love to talk about when they used to have maps.
Speaker 1: But it's true. I mean, before looking at them, I believe it or not, I'm the worst of directions. I had to use those.
Speaker 2: Navigate the city, the.
Speaker 1: Mail door of the Explorer.
Speaker 2: No, because you know, early days of radio, especially, you're traveling all over the Tri state area and setting up shop and broadcasts and promotions, like I didn't know where I was going.
Speaker 1: I had to use those stupid things.
Speaker 2: So again, websites that your kids will never know about. We brought up the rotten Before the rotten dot com, there was another one. It was a little more perverted, but it was the same premise. It was called banged Up dot com. It was the question mark, remember banged up, So if there was any sort of controversy, if it was some celebrity who had a NUTI shot, or this guy sent the junk shot and you wanted to see it, or or it was a weird death or anything that it was a little taboo and you couldn't really find banged Up. I'm sure had it. So I used to visit that every once in a while too. Again because it was all new, exciting and news.
Speaker 1: I feel like we've like covered so many of them. Oh, I got more written down. I just don't want to.
Speaker 4: I was sam it up and steal them all.
Speaker 6: Job.
Speaker 1: He knows he's a verb.
Speaker 5: That content, but he doesn't want to steal it from the listeners who may want to be active.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want it's perfect.
Speaker 2: I was, I was thinking before more I've got him before some lawsuits and was specifically haul Cogan. Dead Spin was was one that broke a lot of stories, and ye Gawker and yeah.
Speaker 1: Called it was the Galker. Yeah. Yeah. Some of those websites were big time back then.
Speaker 2: On a side note, you know you mentioned hot Hot or Not, which, by the way, was a great one.
Speaker 1: Hot or Not was one of those free Tinder friends.
Speaker 2: There was also the one that predated Facebook and everything else. I remember people at work like, you got a friends to account. I'm like, what, I don't even know if that was. But another thing, if you ever want to reminisce. I don't think everybody knows this, but if you ever want to find an old article or an old image, or an old website that you used to check out, there's something called the wayback machine. And if you go to WaybackMachine dot com and you type in the date in the year and everything, you could find those websites. They're all like cataloged, They're all there somewhere on the internet.
Speaker 1: Which is wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you think about I just laughed because it's not a website, so I don't want to derail the conversation. But I was just thinking of a different categories of things we looked up. I was like, what about like TV and movies? And I'm like, it's not a site, but do you remember calling like mister movie phone. Like now you just go on your phone and you're like, yeah, you look up the local theater on like the amc app or something. But back then, remember you call a number for movie times.
Speaker 1: There's a Segnfeld episode about that. There's always a sign Field stir movie foe. So again, what's in early?
Speaker 2: And you tell me, I like to see that your kids these days will never know, and they're fun stories to tell, like, yeah, we used to have to dial up and it was like AOL and then your mom would answer the phone and like it would mess up your connection, and.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, those are wild times.
Speaker 2: And while I was looking up all these creepy weird scites, rich I was on Aim constantly trying to run my game like that was the.
Speaker 1: Whole scene exactly a sl bro age sex location. What's up?
Speaker 2: I entered the chat, what's going on? No cons After the chat, Sackman is here.
Speaker 1: What's up? Remember the door closing sound? Yeah? Yeah, can you heard that a lot?
Speaker 2: That's what Iowa Sam heard when they saw it was hotter not picture.
Speaker 5: For the longest time, ESPN was ESPN dot go dot com.
Speaker 1: Remember them that hair.
Speaker 5: You know they teamed up or whatever, but I remember always ESPN dot go dot com.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, yeah, Rember, you unlocked the memory. I would have never remembered my life.
Speaker 3: ESPN even came out with their own cell phone. Do you remember that I had the sports ticker on it?
Speaker 1: Wow? It was crazy.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite sets. It's no longer there is men who look like Kenny Rogers dot com.
Speaker 2: If it was still there, I'd upload my dad's picture, right. My dad used to look like Dennis Secresley, but as he got older, he's now Kenny.
Speaker 5: Rodgers, Skinner, Kenny Ran It's just all guys with white hair and you know, a gray beard.
Speaker 1: It was magnifica I miss I missed.
Speaker 5: That'll still do a search on and it will give you some screenshots, but it's it's great.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Also, like every celebrity just had their own name as a website. You Nicholas Cage dot com. It would give you like a bio, it would give you a little filmography and then like some pictures and you're like, yeah, I'm just cruising on Nicholas Caage dot com.
Speaker 1: You know it was, it was.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting conversation because you're right, everything now is social media driven. The idea of a website it sounds ridiculous, but other than you know, think about even Fox Sports and every other show hit them up on Instagram or x at their name, or even Fox Sports Radio. Look at our YouTube page, it's Fox Sports Radio dot com. Really where you're going, No, You're you're finding us on the iHeart app. You're you know, you're going to our social pages. Websites themselves are sort of just outdated.
Speaker 1: I know where it ended for me.
Speaker 2: I know where it ended when I stopped searching www dot whatever in the U r L. And that was with BuzzFeed. That was the last hurrah BuzzFeed dot com.
Speaker 1: It's great when.
Speaker 2: It's not sure there's still one, there's still something I look up all the time.
Speaker 1: Really still to this day, people of Walmart.
Speaker 2: No, just like when I'm alone, that's the only one. That's the only time I got that's hilarious. The only time I go to an actual website, the one that has the drum beat in the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little drum beat.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that black and yellow one black. We're not talking like the Pirates website. Oh but yeah, it's it's it's the only the only thing I search that's hilarious. But when it came to show prep and just staying in the know and just checking out website BuzzFeed. When it first came out, I thought it was great. I thought it changed a lot and I lost interest. And that was like the last like of my go to website buzzeds. It went from like edgy, fun sharp articles to like, I'll be honest, like super what Super's character are you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Super liberal liberal? Like you know, twenty year old women right, an, it's just stupid games. Yeah, I didn't like it. What Disney princess are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't care what Disney princess? I am?
Speaker 2: All right, Jasmine, thanks eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. And of course you could share your answers at coveno and Rich. In fact, all of our social medias are at coveno and rich dot com.
Speaker 1: We even have a store there. Con Rich, where's my wiki shirt? That? You know?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: How dare you bring that up?
Speaker 2: These guys shunning one for a long time. These guys made a shirt of me swinging a baseball bat and it's an orange shirt. Instead of whaies, it says weekies. I want that shirt. It's a good looking shirt. It is a good shot on rich dot com. If you want to support that, STU might have to.
Speaker 1: Get you that.
Speaker 3: You have an online store and you can stream audio live there.
Speaker 1: Cadino and Rich c o V I know and rich dot com.
Speaker 2: And you know when someone's really old school, like they're so out of touch, when they're like do W double u W, Like wow, you're still saying the.
Speaker 4: Www BBC dot co dot UK go to Britain exactly alright, let's go to Cookie in Vegas.
Speaker 1: What's up Cookie?
Speaker 6: What's what's up? Hey man?
Speaker 5: What about asked Andy?
Speaker 2: Andy?
Speaker 1: What's what's asking?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 1: Like? What was Andy ol me about? Ask Angie? Oh? Did that become Angie's list? In now? Just Angie dot com. Maybe I don't know. He has careful googling.
Speaker 2: Uh, Rich, you want to talk about that early before the one that you still go to now when you're home alone?
Speaker 1: What was the early one you would go to all the time so I would be talking about it? I said it to give you during the break. I don't know. He went to sears dot com.
Speaker 2: Part of there's something like Persian Kitty or something. I remember, like some of the og like smut sites, like what are we doing? Let's wrap this with David in Northern Cali? Uh, David, what what comes to mind? The og like websites we all visited?
Speaker 3: Well, I have a couple of websites.
Speaker 2: But I was also thinking, like, how do you guys even.
Speaker 6: Know that these websites don't exist still? Maybe you guys, maybe we just.
Speaker 2: Don't go to them anymore, but they're still like they're still kicking, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Just younger people are going.
Speaker 2: To No, nobody's going they might still exists doing Some.
Speaker 3: Of them are active as well as you can. You can log on and look, but they're not maintained. Aol dot com is still humming my article.
Speaker 2: I honestly do go to AOL. It sounds old school, but they do have like fifty rotating stories every day. It is a good preps here. You don't still pay for it. I don't pay for AOL. My mom did up until like five years ago.
Speaker 4: People still have an AOL dot com email address. That is old school, you know, did until like two years ago. I'm at AOL dot com.
Speaker 1: Spot or Danny.
Speaker 2: Could someone honestly look up whoever has a computer in front of them? Is ask Jeeves still operational? Can you still ask him? Because that's one that I'm yes, yeah, it is, Yes, it is wow. And you know what's really weird?
Speaker 1: Here's a weird thing? And I have ask dot com?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, speaking of AOL dot com, what would you say?
Speaker 1: What year was that?
Speaker 2: Like ninety eight, ninety nine? Whenever you all start getting it, you've got late ninety I remember nineteen hundreds, right. You realize like all your old emails that you think are somewhere or really nowhere hotmail dot com?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but where are are?
Speaker 2: I don't have emails like I don't know if I try to access Here's why I ask. I tried to access my old AOL recently, my email and none of that stuff that you think was there is there anymore. Yeah, didn't a message come up and said no such luck Boomer, Yeah, sorry, your emails are expired.
Speaker 1: A well launched in eighty nine. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we didn't all have that wet until late nineties. And all those old emails from Grandma or Pepa, me mo, all those things your ex girlfriends when they'd write you letters. You think they're there to look back on or something. They're all gone. Yeah, they're all gone. They just I don't know where they Maybe they live in the metaverse somewhere, but they're not there if you ever look for him. Well, hey, thanks for reminiscing with us, Covino, Rich, Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to get in to a little little MLBA.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about football, a little of everything coming up on the show Fox Sports Radio, Covin on Rich. And that's why GSP is considered one of the four goats of the UFC. Matt Rushmore, Covino and Rich big fight fans, big baseball fans. In fact, that's why we're super pumped about heading to Atlanta next week. Hot Lanta, Buddy Lanta, Covino and Rich. Right now, We're lying from the Fox Sports Radio studio. For over forty years, ty Iraq has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation ti rac dot com the way tire buying should be. And be sure to check out the Fox Sports Radio YouTube channel, always putting up great videos of the show, our buddy spot, Elijah Sager, the whole video team constantly putting up some cool content. Fee to see what you hear? How about that again the Fox Sports Radio YouTube page. Speaking of the Fox Sports Radio YouTube page, definitely subscribe.
Speaker 1: It's all free. Obviously.
Speaker 2: We have our bonus show, episode one hundred of over Promised, premiering right after the show a half.
Speaker 1: Hour from now.
Speaker 2: And I can tell you just based on this awesome internet discussion and all the want Soto stuff, I can tell you what We're not going to fit in on this show, but we'll fit in on over Promised. It's our bonus pod. We'll talk about the al MVP right. What I'm calling hot take fatigue? Is it Aaron Judge fatigue or hot take fatigue? Talk a little baseball, We'll talk about this golf course fight, We'll pay tribute to Tom Hanks his sixty ninth birthday because we're not going to fit it into this show. Over Promise, celebrate one hundred episodes. You know what we want for one hundredth episode for you to check out over Promised on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page and send it to a friend. But join the fun right after the show our bonus show. You can also listen wherever you stream your podcast. Covino and Rich over Promise. Now, Jacob Wilson of the Oakland formerly Oakland, A's what even call now?
Speaker 1: Just the A's right?
Speaker 2: He is the do you think the Fons calls him a's second ever rookie shortstop to start the All Star Game? And I'm thinking of all the great shortstops, the Rods and Jeters.
Speaker 1: And no Mas and a A. What do you think the first was?
Speaker 2: I had to look this up Roy Hanson in nineteen sixty. That is a trivia question. I don't think anyone would have got the answer to. You might have said, I don't know, Calverpken, Junior, Ozzie Smith, someone, but no, this is the first, dude, since nineteen sixty Jacob Wilson of The A's and I have one more trivia question, but I would say, I, I know you have a list of some of the websites we forgot that you visited when you were a youngster.
Speaker 1: Yes, so do you want the ones that I still go to or no?
Speaker 2: No, Let's start with the ones that we used to go to that we forgotten.
Speaker 1: So we've given the callers their shot. I don't want to steal other entries.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, so e bombs World, Oh yeah, funnier die dot com kind of more later on absolutely funnier Dieing Bombs or Great Ants Bombs was I went there because there was an Arnold Schwarzenegger soundboard where you could just like there are people also recordings of people prank calling people with soundboard and then just.
Speaker 1: Going like ah, get to the Chappa yeah, and.
Speaker 4: Like different ones and then you play them and it was fun and they were just like little prank videos and stuff, prank clips.
Speaker 2: By the way, I think funnier Die was an every day automatic, So I'm glad you brought that up.
Speaker 4: Guys become kind of like a page on social media and stuff. Ones that I still go to though. Are Craigslist dot com still useful? I don't know if that's an app, but Craigslist is still a place where you're like, I need to find an old footstool or something. You're giving me a weird look here, No, because there was I I used to. Yeah, Craigslist is still very active, like as a community. And then I still go to TMZ dot com because I love their website. They have a sports section where you see all that really solution.
Speaker 1: It is true. I still go to TMZ. We were talking about websites you actually still go to. I do still go there. You're right. I check it out too.
Speaker 4: And they have I'm sure they have an app, but I just go to the site. But then also imager and Tumblr. Do you remember imager dot com and tumble dot com And those are still pretty active, like people send me stuff from those.
Speaker 3: Well you all talked about it. And the other thing that's different is I use TMZ sports but on Twitter.
Speaker 1: So just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of these have turned into Twitter pages. Yep, so that's what I got.
Speaker 1: Memory.
Speaker 2: Did you cross off there at the bottom backpage dot com?
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, yep, that's last entry. Thank you?
Speaker 2: Hey share your answers at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio Old School went fifty hits. We do that every Thursday. Thanks for playing along with us. I got one more trivia question, then we'll go to Dann Buyer's update. I was telling you my buddy Rob hit me up with a cobble good ones. Yes, rob, my buddy, Rob Baker, former school teacher, retired and now I think he just lives sports. So he hit me up with this one yesterday, and I thought it was a good one.
Speaker 1: And here's the question. There are.
Speaker 2: In all four major sports not hot dog geating, okay, Baseball, football, Basketball, hockey, there are six pairs of teams that have the same mascot. Six mascot names are shared by multiple teams in all four majors.
Speaker 1: Who are the six Cardinals? Cardinals? Is one of them? Very good Cardinals? Five more?
Speaker 5: Uh, Rangers, Rangers, Kings, King, Giants.
Speaker 7: Giants, Jets, Jets, Panthers, Panthers. Yes, today, who's.
Speaker 1: Going on family feud? Next?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We know what with that? We reward Dan Byer with an early update. What's going on? dB?
Speaker 5: I was, yeah, I teach my kid sports teams, and he knows the logos of the NFL teams.
Speaker 2: Dude, can I tell you, yeah, it's my favorite thing to do. And not to hijack though you're with your son. But at night, my son, I'll lay in bed with him and he wants me to look at the box scores, not because he's looking at the box scores, but I'll go to the ESPN app and he'll look at the teams and want to identify the logos, like, oh, look, Orioles five mats three like he'll he'll look at that, and I think he likes identifying the logos.
Speaker 1: I remember doing that as a kid myself.
Speaker 5: We were on a t K tour and somebody had drawn an Edmonton Oiler's jersey that was the art was still off, and he pointed, he said Oilers ah, And I said to her, yeah no. Then I said, I go, who do they beat in the final? And he said Florida Panthers. He gave Florida Panthers because I was telling him there's two different Panthers, There's the Football Panthers and then so he understood with the Florida Panthers.
Speaker 2: My wife talked about how her dad took the most pride ever in her knowing all the NFL logos when she was a little girl, like he was his proudest thing.
Speaker 1: Like, honey, you tell them so hey, it's a fun thing to do with your kid.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, absolutely, the Thunder are giving out money left and right. This time, Jalen Williams gets it. The Guard gets a five year MAX extension with two hundred and eighty seven million dollars ESPN with the report that says Williams, SGA and Ched Holmgren could get eight hundred and twenty two million dollars in the extensions that the Thunder have handed out this offseason.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: See summer league teams playing right now in Las Vegas tonight. The headliner is the Mavericks and Lakers eight o'clock Eastern time, as Cooper Flagg takes on Ronnie Jane in that Dallas, LA showdown. Bad news for rich Orioles lead the Mets five to three right now in the fifth inning. Baltimore also took game one of a double header three to one earlier. Today, Cubs down the Twins eight to one. Pete Crow Armstrong homer twice for Chicago. Reds have a two to nothing lead on the Marlins right now in the bottom of the sixth inning. Adh Brett Rooker is going to compete in Monday's home run derby, and the final at Wimbledon for the ladies draw is set for Saturday. Thirteen seeded American Amanda and Asamova top seed Arena Sablenka in three sets. It's her first ever Grand Slam final. One other note that I should pass on actually going to make it too. Former Cubs manager and Phillies manager Lee Elia died at the age of eighty seven, and the men's and women's Division One basketball committees did not make a decision on whether to expand the NCAA tournament from sixty eight teams that could have come down this week in a statement, A decision on expanding the field the seventy two or seventy six teams could still happen in time for the twenty twenty six or twenty twenty seven tournament.
Speaker 2: Skyspeck to you, I get it, this money be made, but you're telling me sixty something isn't enough. Come on, I mean, the tournament's great, we do we need to fiddle with it.
Speaker 1: I'm not too I'm actually not up in arms over this.
Speaker 2: I'm not up in arms, but I just feel like, I don't know, I just feel like, really do we need.
Speaker 5: It would give us maybe a whole day of basketball on the Tuesday and Wednesday. Okay, so with bubble teams, you just wouldn't have a bubble really anymore.
Speaker 2: That's fair and uh, By the way, as the Mets look to hopefully split this double header, I looked this up once because I was intrigued. Would you assume that most split double header? Most double headers in baseball are split? I would assume that, yes, there's it's like fifty to fifty. Like I would say, like you would think, like, oh, double header, you try to grab one, you split it. The stats will show that equal number of times a team will win both games. I always looked at a double headers like, yeah, steel one, it's a split. That's that is not statistically favorable, believe it or not.
Speaker 1: When do you think that?
Speaker 2: No, so it makes sense because fifty percent chance of not happening. Yeah, you know, but I'm saying, like, like, am I I.
Speaker 3: Guess you could say maybe you have a little bit of momentum going into the second game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I always I always assume most double if you would have asked me how to said, I don't know. Seventy percent of double headers are a split. No, it's like it's like fifty percent.
Speaker 5: Maybe one team uses their bullpen and then they can't use it in game two.
Speaker 1: Work for it. No, it's not like that at all. I thank you.
Speaker 2: Debate with more Covino on Rich next right here on Fox Sports Radio, Thanks for hanging. Is this cal Rawley's intro music rumpus?
Speaker 1: By the way, fun fact. If it's not, it should be.
Speaker 2: A teenage Pharrell Williams co produced this track, And if you have kids or you're just a music fan. Piece by piece is the Pharrell Williams documentary done in lego form, and it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: You've seen it, Danny j. I have because you talked about it.
Speaker 2: It's so good. It went under the radar, but it's so worth to watch. You don't have to have kids to watch it. But he was done in lego.
Speaker 1: He was just a kid when he produced. He was a kid.
Speaker 2: Pharrell did this back girl to all the Justin Timberlake stuff to Happy But dude, this song feels like it's ancient and Pharrell did it, you know, so heck of a musician. We're talking about Rumpshaker. If you're listening to the podcast, you don't hear the music. So check us live two to four on the West, five to seven on the East, and remember our Bonus Show, Episode one hundred premieres in about twelve minutes. Over promised with Cavino and Rich, we're going to talk about the al MVP. Speaking of Rump's cal Raley. People are saying he's the number one guy halfway through the season as far as al MVP, and it's like, have you seen what Aaron Judge is doing? Will you stop with that? So we're gonna talk about that. We'll talk about this hockey guy that kicked that dude's ass on the golf course this week.
Speaker 1: We have extra footage. We can't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're gonna talk about that on our bonus show. And Tom Hanks. We're gonna talk about Tom Hanks. Is his birthday? Over promised. Join the live chat on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page, and you can always listen to the podcast if you search. Over promised with Covino and Rich Episode one hundred. So a little Tom Hanks tribute because you know I have a theory that will go over on over. Promise has to do with none of us having the same Tom Hanks favorites. Well, we're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio right now. Our show is going to be broadcasting live from the MLB All Star Game next week. Atlanta's the ultimate baseball hotspot and you can be part of the excitement at Capitol one All Star Village this Saturday, July twelfth through Tuesday the fifteenth, head to Cobb Galleria for Baseball Fun, live entertainment, and interactive games. By tickets today at All Star Game dot com. Rich is gonna be sitting there tunting kids. You get to knock them in the water. That's one of the games. Yeah, he's the He's the celebrity clown. I want to bring up two things. First of all, support our our legend on the network, Dan Patrick, who's going to be on Family Feud tonight taking on Rich Eyes and that's at eight o'clock Eastern. Let's go GP, DP Yo, Marvin Fritzy, Let's go Yeah.
Speaker 3: We also found out Rich that DP was a finalist for which game show.
Speaker 1: Co Yeah wants to be a millionaire? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Before reaching and The Price Is Right. He told a story on I Guess Barstools big K. Yeah, he was on his show. Is that what was going on? He told the story that he was sort of offered the gig to host The Prices Right, but he didn't think he'd be a good fit for it or whatever. And then years later he was offered Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? But it went to Regis for whatever reason. But those were two game shows he had a chance to host. I think I think DP is doing okay. Yeah, I think he's just fine. I want to bring up one other thing. Did you guys see this cool video of John c Riley paying tribute to Jack White on his fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 4: I saw like an article about where does he Detroit sports fans coming? They coming out of the woodwork because all these teams are good, all the Detroit you know.
Speaker 1: Detroit's having a moment right now.
Speaker 2: But it got me thinking, did you see Alex Cooper of Call Her Daddy get booed at the Cubs game?
Speaker 1: Like these moments.
Speaker 2: And by the way, no disrespect, congrats to all her success. I'm glad she did. That was an appropriate booing.
Speaker 4: Harry went on too long or something, or she like stretched it out.
Speaker 1: She made a mockery of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was weird, But I wanted to ask you, guys, what do you find to be the most uncomfortable of those type of scenarios, whether it's someone's birthday or not. I think I have the number one answer. When you're on a date at a Mexican restaurant and the guy playing mariachi stands in front of you and your date and you just have to watch them play for like three minutes, is that I'm sort of like, is that top five? Enamored by that? Sometimes like I'm really at this guy.
Speaker 3: He's like the Tom Cruisin Jerry Maguire, Remember, He's like, no, no, we're co workers. We're co workers trying to show the mariachis.
Speaker 2: I always think, like the romantic music. There's a restaurant in La Spot, you know, Misselli. The Hibachi birthday celebration is more embarrassing than Misseli's. Is a great restaurant out here in La It's a Mexican Italian place. Yeah, right by Universal Studios. They the waiters all sing so like in the middle of taking your order, they'll just your waitress and waiter just starts singing tunes.
Speaker 1: I got one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more embarrassing feeling because again, if you haven't seen the clipp Rich describes, it's John c Riley and he's about to throw the first pitch for Detroit, and he's like, I want to take this moment, and he starts singing Happy A group stadium group sing along.
Speaker 1: Happy Birthday to Jack White in the suite.
Speaker 2: Jack White is from Detroit, you know of the White stripan, so they start singing. It is so awkward. Jack White looks touched, but it's still so awkward. I feel like back to the birthday thing you ever walk in on your own surprise party? Though that weird feeling of like like shock and embarrassment, like he like almost like it so uncomfored, at least to me.
Speaker 1: Some people relish. It takes you a minute to realize what is going on. I hate that. That's the worst feeling. Man. I know it's like an honor and it's very nice, but I don't like that.
Speaker 2: And I give me something really awkward too, and it's always done with such beautiful intent, but I feel like it's as awkward as could be. I'd like a funeral service or something. You know, when someone's like she'd like to sing a song, and you're like, oh my god, this better be this better be so good because if it's not like you, now you have like some mediocre singer singing a beautiful song for a dead person. Oh happened to a wedding I went too recently, and they're like, yes.
Speaker 1: One of the bride maids wants to sing a song. I know.
Speaker 2: And you know what, dude, I did have that cringe like, oh here comes awkwardness. It was actually pretty good. But I know exactly what you speak of. And how about my friend used to do this on purpose, just to give you that feeling. He used to call it the introduce. So he would take our most awkward, socially awkward friend and be like, yeah, I'm gonna do the introduce. The introduction. My friend like no, And he would introduce our friends to a total stranger, like in the moment, like we'd be at the store, like, hey, I want you to meet my friend Doug, and Doug just to watch the train, right, that's how I met your mother. Have you met Ted?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Have you met Ted? I didn't even know that was from the show.
Speaker 2: I will listen. You guys, have a great Thursday. We'll see you back here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Area there you baby? Are you? In the over Promised Land episode one hundred, Let's Go