Speaker 1: Hey, hey, bee fam, I'm so excited to bring you another how To throwback. I hope you guys enjoy this, and while you're listening, don't be shy. Leave us a review. We will read them on the show. And yeah, we just love y'all so much. Okay, here is our how To episode for this week. Welcome to this studio and a banana.
Speaker 2: Hi. What are you doing cause I'm doing great? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm fine?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Our relationship is kind of like I feel like for each of us, you know, actually it's like the opposite of what they say, like when you're drowning and someone comes to save you, but like they kind of push you down with the you know and stop it. I was gonna say, we're the opposite will be when we're together, we're both trying to lift each other up. Now, if you want to get into it, by lifting you up some times does feel like taking you down just because insult her language.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, yeah, yeah, language. I'm going to believe my whole life, so this is just your way of loving me, and I'm creat she don't believe her.
Speaker 1: She's not a bit. She gives it as good as she gets Okay, she gives it as good as she gets. So for the Brown ambition audience, why do I have Anna on the show? I'm going to do a live kind of I want to do a live career coaching session with Anna, but first I want to give some backstory. So Anna is ten years younger than me. Wee and I have agent, but she's in her mid twenties, which means you know what I am. Anyway, I used to baby, said Anna when she was just over the toll, twelve year old peanut in my pocket. And now, well a decade later, it was the pandemic, right, I was obviously struggling. I had a baby, a newborn, and I was trying to like balance that with working. Couldn't have childcare because everything seemed too dangerous, so I was doing I was like breastfeeding, having the baby at home.
Speaker 2: So I was living back home and I was in Georgia, and I was just having like the worst mental everything. Nothing was working. I was just not happy. I was very like, I was just like a mess. But then Nandy just called me out of the blue, No, yahay, every Thursday I was worried about you. I was so yeah, and I'm in the world and I and I just hated whenever, like someone has to worry about them because I'm like, damn and that, like, am I that fragile? But you know, your love really did show through. And I told you to get down the ups and the downs, more downs and ups. And then I think we both asked ourselves the same questions, like you were trying to warm me up to the idea of moving, and I was like, I was like, I need to get out of the state. I need to leave. And then it just happened where we're like, Okay, we're gonna do this.
Speaker 1: And then I said when it was so funny because it was around.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was plotting on you, but you were planning on.
Speaker 1: I was plotting on you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, we were.
Speaker 2: I don't know because you have a husband. I wasn't trying to You were like, please a DoPT.
Speaker 1: Well you were living with one of our what with your auntie on your mom's side, so not my auntie anyway, and you were I remember, forget this phone call when you called.
Speaker 2: Me and you're like, I can't.
Speaker 1: You're twenty two, so you're doing a lot of twenty You were at the time anyway, right, twenty.
Speaker 2: Two, twenty three, twenty two, yeah, twenty time.
Speaker 1: But at the time you were like doing what door dash you had time.
Speaker 2: I was doing Instacar. I was working on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Oh the he warehouse home good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was working. I was working.
Speaker 1: But you ain't never not worked, you know what I mean. You ain't never not a working girl.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I was all there.
Speaker 1: Okay, but at this time I remember because I remember when I really I was already worried about you because I could tell when I was talking to you that you were struggling. That's why I was like, I think that in the spring before, I was like, we're going to talk every Thursday at nine pm. Put it on the calendar. We're doing it, And we did anyway, and I just I just wanted to like keep you know, I couldn't see you, so I just wanted to like at least talk to you so I could be sure that you're okay. So anyway, we we only all I'll say you yeah. Ever since I was like I fell in love with you and with Ariel and RJ and all that, but I mean like really fell in love, Like oh this is my like my bonus family. Yeah, but you're not always so close with cousins anyhow. So we had this connection. I could tell when you were off and so I we met all summer long and then this in the in the fall, we were like, I gotta I'm going to join this. What were you going to sell kitchen knives?
Speaker 2: She's like, it's okay, I got a top.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try. I'm I'm gonna start my own business. I'm gonna sell knives.
Speaker 2: And it was a scam. It was a scam.
Speaker 1: It was an mL it was a multi level marketing. It was like one of those pyramid scheme type things. People will probably there were.
Speaker 2: So many that were hitting me up there, you won't date. I was globle.
Speaker 1: You want to make money overnight, you want to own your work hours, you can work from home.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You're like yeah, yeah, because you want some value. Yeah. So they got you, and thank god you told me because I was like, right now, we need to, Like I felt like.
Speaker 2: I was in trouble. She's like absolutely, okay.
Speaker 1: So because you were going to buy like a bunch of knives.
Speaker 2: And have it just didn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Sitting house and you're the interview.
Speaker 2: I was doing the interview like on my on my little tiny desk with like fifteen other people, and I was like, what is this? Yeah, and then yeah it was Yeah, it was a hot mess dot com.
Speaker 1: So we had this conversation and I was like, yeah, I'm really struggling with this, and I already was scheming. I'm like, wouldn't it be perfect if Anna just could be here like here, I could keep an eye on her because somehow I'm working on this too. I want to like protect and fix everybody. I don't have to do that. But at the time, I was like, I can keep an eye on her because I'm really worried about her. And also I think she would really enjoy watching my child for me so that I could start my new job. And we had the conversation and I was like, so, I mean and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, so, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like what you really need is like you'd be great helping a family who just you know, was working really hard and just had trouble finding childcare during the pandemic, like and you were like, yeah, that sounds like a good idea. And I said, do you know anybody like that that you can think of?
Speaker 2: And your little voice.
Speaker 1: Well like you, I'm like, yeah, thank you for offering, you know, a great idea.
Speaker 2: That was the funniest conversation. And I was like I was plotting on you. I was like, oh, how's your upstairs bedroom looking like it's vacant?
Speaker 1: It saved both of our lives, no, for real, right, it did?
Speaker 2: It did for sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah. So cut to and when you moved in. Of course, again because I have a bit of a like fixer personality, and you know, you were you were not finished with like college, your degree, no job and all that. So I was like, also, while you were here, let's let's have some personal finance conversations. Let's you know, really untangle you from that uncle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Anna's yeah, you talk a little bit about that. Where you were in terms of like you were twenty yeah, you were like twenty three. But also you were like with your relationship with your father, not feeling financially free.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, Like I just grew up of he hands me money and then I deal with it. So whenever I had like my financial struggles, he would always have like a string attached to whatever dollar is behind it. So I was just very exhausted and tire trying to chase what he's giving me. And then I have to this mental load that I had to pay him for the price of whatever amount of dollars. And I remember when I moved to you, he cut me off financially and this owed me and all this extra stuff. So my mental health was like down was down the street. It was terrible.
Speaker 1: And can you be specific when you say you had to pay him for the money, like what were the strings attached?
Speaker 2: It would just be his controlling ways when it comes to finances, like if I maybe had an attitude, he was like, well I do X y Z for you, and you're going to do this to me after I gave you this amount of money for school, or just like just being his daughter, just asking for money here and there. It's always like an issue or problem. So that's whenever I just I wanted to stop asking him for money completely. So that's why I was working those those numerous jobs just to get myself together. And then you know, my mental health is just taking a toll for you know, all the finances that had to deal with that with him and myself because you know, I'm a little price sy. I noticed he was spoiled for a price.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and also it was to the point where he it was like, I'll pay for school, but you got to study what I think is a good degree.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, yeah, yeah, totally, So that level of control. Yeah, and then the thing about me, I just I don't do well with control like that, Like I I'll just stop everything if I don't. I just don't feel like you should live your life for your parents, and I learned that the hard way.
Speaker 1: Well you were, and I mean, like it was so heartbreaking to see. I mean how tough it was for you. What do you think are the biggest changes that have happened since you moved in with me? For those who are watching on YouTube, you might be able to note the most significant change. We're not in the same place.
Speaker 2: Why I was able to moz out. I have a lovely roommate. She's great, But it was just so nice to buy things with money that I worked hard for and earned. And I just feel like the hard work really did pay off. And I appreciate you your skin.
Speaker 1: Over the hard work. What have you accomplished.
Speaker 2: Let's let's stity with it, girl. Okay, okay, I'm just get me over Yeah, definitely my mental health for sure. I received so much healing from the past, like year, two years, almost.
Speaker 1: Three three, Yeah, I mean three years.
Speaker 2: I almost a big three. But yeah, I've seen a huge turnout from my mental health about you know, how I felt about myself boundaries. That was a huge thing that I had to develop. I didn't have any like, especially with my parents. Whatever they said when I didn't care, like they didn't care if I didn't so comfortable. I didn't care if I didn't so comfortable. I just did what I was told. So whenever I was this song, I was like, all right, if I'm really disowned, I'm gonna do what I what I please, and well in a respectful way. It took me a long devastated. I was heartbroken. Yeah, and then you know therapy.
Speaker 1: You know what, but listen for those who are But did he actually it was a no.
Speaker 2: It lasted three I think it lasted three months. And then he said, how are you doing? I was like, I was, so.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, so try to survive without this cute face, this incredible.
Speaker 2: Daughter. You got keen, you can't never get rid of me. I got. I got off of everything.
Speaker 1: He didn't need a car anymore. He owned the car you.
Speaker 2: As soon as I moved here, he sold my car and I was like, that's fine, I don't need it. And then he was more upset that I didn't care. I was like, okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: And he had it was that was what he did. A tantrum he.
Speaker 2: Did, and then I think he hit you up and was very very angry towards you about it.
Speaker 1: So let's move into the career and finance side. What kind of what kind of like strides have you made? Because you came here in no full time job, no job period, not the knives thing, and no money of your own, So like, when did you start taking no strides? What are the big accomplishments you've made?
Speaker 2: I think at that time, whenever I was hoping, I was, you know, your lovely son, my godson. I was really ready to just start working again to make money for myself, to move out, to say to you know, spend things on myself, to give back to you guys with whatever is needed, you know. And then I found a job doing executive assisting work for this unknown fashion and jewelry company. That was the worst.
Speaker 1: Touch on that later, but you needed a like a non part time, like a retail part you wanted, you wanted.
Speaker 2: Like I wanted full time. I wanted to hit the ground running.
Speaker 1: But and you who were like, what's your degree in?
Speaker 2: What? Healthcare administration? Yeah, health care administration.
Speaker 1: We got you a LinkedIn page, right, remember that. Yes, I'm trying to tell y'all. Anna is a boomer in a Generation Z suit body like you. And it's just like, here's your a ARP card, here's your handicap.
Speaker 2: I grew up sheltered. I grew up sheltered. So I was like, what is this, Like she's more Gen Z than me. Yeah, I just know the terms, but she knows like the logistics, she knows the you know, technology.
Speaker 1: All right, So you got a LinkedIn page. It was like you need a presence, so we put some job experience there. Yeah, we said that you were my assistant. Don't ever ask me for a reference because.
Speaker 2: That's too late. You weren't the best, you weren't. I was dealing with so much mental it's like, yeah, you're my assistant.
Speaker 1: She's like what.
Speaker 2: So I was just so overwhelmed, and I was like, I did not what you said slack. I said, what is slack. She did, she wouldn't be my idea, and I don't know, I couldn't I know, I.
Speaker 1: Know, try to do my email.
Speaker 2: She was just one and slack.
Speaker 1: I was like, so, just you focus on the babies. I'll give you the title my admin. Anyway, but you got a job assisting and then from but that point is you had something on your resume, and then from there then you got the job you did like a lot more. Well, actually you that job was so toxic that you quit?
Speaker 2: It was? It was, yeah, it was so Me and my roommate we worked at the same job before and then she quit a little bit before me. It was just such a toxic work environment and nothing was getting done, and I was like, I want to put my efforts into something else that would appreciate me. So you know, when I quit, I shouldn't have done that. That was not smart. Why do you say, but I did, because, like I was, I didn't have a job for like maybe a month. When I tell you, I was a ply into a to z jobs more like to the day I woke up to like at night, I was applying. Interviews were happening, but they weren't good enough or just it wasn't the right fit.
Speaker 1: And then my current scam kind of like LinkedIn messages, what.
Speaker 2: Do people do that as like people are like strog.
Speaker 1: Going all the way to Manhattan to find out it was like what was the thing where they sent you home with a big textbook, like a real estate textbook. They wanted you to.
Speaker 2: I honestly wanted to forget that happened, and for you to bring that up is very triggering.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry, but you went through it, and honestly a month doesn't see that. But I'm interested. You said it was a bad idea to quit. Yes, it was at the time. I'm not going to lie I was. I was a little worried. I'm like, yes you were, but I was trying to let you do your own thing, you know what I mean. And honestly, I don't think it was a mistake because a couple months later you got the job in the SPA, right, and you just found that on LinkedIn? Is that right or indeed or something?
Speaker 2: I'm in one bed and it was just it looks sketchy applying for it, but I was like, you know what, everything.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, it hadn't opened yet. It was a news.
Speaker 2: It was a break. It was in the it was being built as I was applying. So whenever I got the job, interview OV and I was like, oh, can I see the spot. It was like construction walls. There was wood exposed, and they said, yeah, this is it. I said, I see the potential. And I think after the interview went well, and then you told me to write a letter to you know, show my appreciation, and at first forget I remember now.
Speaker 1: I remember I dropped you off to give them the thank you note.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did, and I think it was like it was like a nice little card. It was yellow. It was like a yellow flower, yellows your your brand, I see you know. Yeah. And then I got the call that I got the job, and I was so ecstatic. When I tell you, I was struggling financially. I was. I was living off my savings. Like I think one time I didn't have enough for two pays if I didn't want to go into my I mean I.
Speaker 1: Think I started to ask you to pay rent because I was frin to get you a little ready for the real world. I was going to do that thing where you just put the money aside and give it back to you at the end of yeah, but that's when you quit, and I was like, oh, so the renting she really.
Speaker 2: Got to stop. But no, I felt like such a loser because I was like, why would I do that with that like a plan B. And I was just like I was so scared and so like eager to know, like what's next, what's the next move? Like what can you do? And then you know, I got the I got the call, I got the job, and I was like, all right, I can relax a little bit more. And then well.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna we're gonna take a quick break. But before we do, I want to just kind of like round out that phase because I feel like for you, it was about listen, your dad chose your major right health care and admin, which which isn't a bad major. I think it's obviously a hot field. It's a it's on the come up, and you got to you still kept up, like with your studies virtually while you were working full time. But at the same time, you knew you didn't want to like work in a hospital, like just like at a desk, you know what I mean. But you did have this interest in beauty and care, which I feel like is something that you know, you go to a controlling dad and you're like, hey, I want to work in the spa beauty industry and he's like, what is that. It's woman's stuff. It can't be good, it can't be lucrative. Police but it made it was like the whenever I'm helping someone and coaching them through like a pivot or trying to figure out how do I make a career that I love out of a couple out of like the job history that I have, which I don't love. And it's like not exactly like there's not like a lateral like a connection, you know, but for you, there's enough there, like you know, the admin side and healthcare and spas med spas especially. It's not that different people aren't using insurance cushit cough for the most part. No, right, but and it like it worked for you and it has been working for you. But Okay, I'm gonna leave it there. We're gonna take a quick break and then we're gonna come back because I want to talk about what's next for you because you at the.
Speaker 2: Level Okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Va family are back and my cousin Anna Banana I mean sorry, Anna, Victoria Woodruff and Victoria Puch a whole name out there. So you've been in this job for over a year now, and obviously it's a stepping stone, Like you're kind of like front of house in the in the MEDSPA space. We're interfacing with customers and all of that. But like, so, what do you want for yourself now that we have like the little we have like this ember? You know this, like you can imagine like building a fire. You've struck this ember now and your job, like your career is starting to kindle, it's starting to smoke. You know, we got a little bit of a flame. Now it's about how can we keep building that flame? And even though you have a job now, you're happy there. It's great, it's great. I'm always talking to women about never getting too comfortable and always sort of keeping your eye on the next opportunity and what that's going to look like for you. So talk to me a little bit forget him with your cousin and more of like a coach. What do you want next?
Speaker 2: I think, no, I want to move up in the SPA space. I realize I like to do the operations side of it. You know, I'm great speaking to people, but you know, I have more fun, but I find more enjoyment and doing like the operation side. So it's like the ordering getting things done. There's conflict with schedule, there's conflict with the guests. Baby, I'm very good at that, very strategic managing people. To me, I really do find enjoying it with that. And I feel like the people that I do work with, they feel confident or comfortable enough with me to tell their issues and we can address it, you know, as me to be.
Speaker 1: So together. One of the things we did do that My first thing was when you came you actually, that's the reason you're here is because you came over what was it last week, week before it was last week, and I was like, let's just run your day off. Let's get together, let's sit down and talk about what's next. And the first thing you wanted to do was your resume, right, and I was like, to how to hold up before we do the resume. It's really important to know what you want so you can tailor your resume, you know, do a job. And I feel like we spent that excuse me that afternoon on LinkedIn stalking people in the SPA industry and trying to figure out what are some job titles that sound juicy, even if they are like a few levels beyond what you could be doing now, just like how I have like a finish line or have a you know, something that you can work toward. I mean I learned a lot about the types of jobs like director of operations, SPA manager, SPA director director.
Speaker 2: I think those are like the main three that I found. But there's like a lot of spot owners obviously.
Speaker 1: Did you ever hear back? I think you sent some DMS like cold to some people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did. I think if you are not message me, but they followed me back or what do they call it?
Speaker 1: Connected with?
Speaker 2: You were connected? Connected? LinkedIn? Connected? That makes sense. I'm getting to you. I had to.
Speaker 1: I had to twist your arm to get a photo on there.
Speaker 2: I because I hate that photo.
Speaker 1: It's such a gorgeous photo. Y'all, go connect with Anna and Victoria Woodruff on LinkedIn if you're in the SPA industry, met Spot and listening, Gone and there. She only has twenty two connections, y'all. She's lonely.
Speaker 2: Why you called me out like that?
Speaker 1: Because you're so pretty in this picture. I can't stand it. I took it. I told you I had two years to take a better one. I took this headshot back in twenty twenty one. I said, you had two three years to pick a better headshot, and you don't have one. So you know what you're gonna do uploads with the image upload and when you get a better one, you can fix it. But done is better than perfect.
Speaker 2: Okay, So why perfect?
Speaker 1: And if people are listening on like pictures, but I thought pictures were bad, especially if you're a woman of color, people can, like, you know, have bias against you. But I do believe in having a photo on LinkedIn as a hiring manager. I just feel like it's a well rounded image and let's just be let's keep it one hundred. Anna, you're going to be in the Beauty and MEDSPA space show. You're cute, like, I don't care how like in politically unpolitically corrected is too or politically incorrected is to talk about the impact of like your look and your presentation. It really matters. And I think that people who were reviewing LinkedIn profiles, I'm not saying put it in your resume. Not all about that but at least for LinkedIn, like show that you know you are well presented, that you present yourself well because I do believe in your industry, it's a bit of that image is probably going to matter. I mean it was even one hundred Is that how you feel it?
Speaker 2: It's correct, you're correct.
Speaker 1: You don't have to just say I'm correct.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it's one hundred percent true. Like if you're working or you are coming into a spa and you want to look a certain way, when don't you want this staff to look, you know, put together. They look like they take care of themselves. That's just what it is.
Speaker 1: Can you be doing your crystals and your boobs and where you be putting those crystals, the crevices and the belly button. It used to live here just be packages of rocks coming you.
Speaker 2: Guys would just call it rocks. It's like they're crystals.
Speaker 1: It's another envelope of rocks for you in listen, show it in your braw.
Speaker 2: It was part of my healing journey. Yeah, and I still have them.
Speaker 1: I hope you charge charging in the moonlight.
Speaker 2: They're charging.
Speaker 1: Did water one time she drank moonwater. It's a full moon. Put some water on the deck.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, and it was delicious. It was very refreshing the next day.
Speaker 1: So on your LinkedIn, okay, we got you a photo, you have your experience on there. You started to connect with people, which is great. You need to be connected. And this is my advice for anyone listening to Even if you and right now Anna, you only know the people who work where you work, right but the industry is so big, I'm like, how can you get connected to more people in your space? So the work that we did that day, it may feel like not that big of a deal. But even if someone sees your name on LinkedIn, even if they don't connect with you, even if they well maybe they don't, but even if they don't respond to your DM, but they do connect to you or follow you whatever, you're going to show up in their feed. And I've learned you're going to show up in their feed a lot for two weeks after they connect with you. So once you start adding people like start, I would say sharing something on LinkedIn. It doesn't have to be like here are my thoughts on the med's boss base, but share an article about the industry. Share an article that you find interesting or follow like thought leaders in your space. There's got to be like some I know there's so many like influencers, but also there's probably some great names in the business of the MEDSPA industry that you could be following so that you can really like, I want you to be nerdy. I want you to be like in on the med'spo space. I want you to be passionate about it. That is what's gonna give you that extra something special when you go into an interview. If you show up and you're just like, here's my experience, I'm very happy to me. Yeah, everyone's got a great resume. This job market, Mmmm, it's tough, and it's tough in the sense that it's for me, it's normal, Like this is how a job market I feel like should be. It was Craig Krai back in twenty twenty one. Everyone was hiring right, and you could get a job like that. But now it's more like corrected in the sense that there are good jobs out there, but there's also a lot of good candidates and.
Speaker 2: It's a competition is insane exactly. On LinkedIn, I think for certain jobs I saw there was like three hundred and thirty two app like applications for that one job, and I was just like, it's just brutal. Yeah, it's like the dating pool.
Speaker 1: And this is where you start to differentiate yourself with strategy. So one thing is when you see hundreds of people have applied, you can add your resume to the mix. But if you're not like a shoe in, like a perfect resume, perfect candidate, like for the role when you really want it, I feel like less is more when it comes to applying right now, like really center in or home in on jobs that you want, jobs that are cool, not just any old job, and that may mean waiting longer to find the job. You're not so senior, like you're you know your entry level right now and the next step up for you were hoping to get you on a path to like maybe assistant SPA manager or at a startup SPA, maybe a maybe straight to SPA manager or whatever, but somewhere on the back the back of office, back office whatever, back back office, the op side. But those types of roles are fewer and further between, and because they're juicier, right, they probably pay more. You want a salary and all that, Like they're going to have more competition. So that's why I'm like last week when you were here, I was asking, I was impressed because you knew some names of other spas in the industry and that. But I want more. I think you should really like get more into the industry. What could that look like? What are some ways you could start investing more and learning about the men's bas space and getting in networking opportunities so you can meet other people in that space.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of SPA conventions. There's a lot of in New York. Yeah, there's so big. There's plenty plenty in the city. Are you going to go to I forgot the name of it. It's like I think it's French. But the biologic they have how do you say that? It's French? So it's like Biologic. You're here, but I call it br BR Hey, I took.
Speaker 1: I did, that's the fancy brand. I'd gotten the free samples when I come to your spa.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that's a brand. They have a lot of conventions or just trainings and then we so they have trainings like that and then they come to the spa. But like, there's a there's a lot in the city there's so many The beauty field or space in New York City alone is like it's huge. So just going there and meeting people, I think that's the next step that I want to take because I want to take this seriously, like I found my niche and something that I really enjoy love. I talk about it all the time, you know, because I'm passionate about beauty.
Speaker 1: All right. So but here's one thing that I do on my coaching calls. I will sit here and watch you until you do a thing that maybe is a little thing that you know you haven't done yet, but you just need someone to be an accountability partner. I want you to. I want to search for like an event that you could sign up for right now, and I'm gonna I know you're on your phone, you have your laptop next to you. No, okay, So I just literally googled MEDSPA events New York and there's a whole list. March third, there's the International Esthetics, Cosmetics and SPA Conference in New York and there's not the only one. There's like an open house, there's a blueprint for success US and Aesthetics. I think some of these will probably target people who want to work as an esthetician, but you want to focus on where are some opportunities to be in a room with the ops people, people who are like on the business side of SPA. I really feel like that's going to help set you apart because I think in like the you know, the cosmetics and men's spas kind of space, I think people think first of the worker bees who are doing the services and all that. That's fine, but there's not much room for growth there unless you're really spectacular at your job. You bring in your own clientele, you know, you become valuable that way in your you know, in your in your space. You need to sort of get you have more of a you know, career trajectory, you know, but you need people who can I think mentor you show you the ropes, you know, challenge you get you into a job where it feels like a big shoes for you to fill, and that's how you start to learn and grow.
Speaker 2: I'm going to save that event.
Speaker 1: No, we're not going to save it. You're in a register and you're going to ask your job to pay for it. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: No? I did not.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bossy, but yeah, so this is a type of event that I feel like your job should pay for. Your job is a big brand, they got money. I think you should make your case like, hey, I really want to, like, you know, get some new ideas for the SPA. I want to get some ideas for you know, and just show you can show them the website. You can make a little you know, write an email and just make a case for why they should cover your attendance and.
Speaker 2: Pitch it.
Speaker 1: I want to see how much it is first recruiting one oh one, how to attract, engage, and retain a great team. Ooh, I love this workshop. Not because you're gonna don't think of I don't think you should think of doing workshops, just based on what you want out of your career. Do at least on who's going to be.
Speaker 2: In the room. If you go to a recruiting workshop, who's going to be there.
Speaker 1: Recruiters, managers need to people people who are pops possibly hiring right now. Yes, you need to be in that room. Baby girl, I feel like I'm like the Toddler and Tierra stage mom right now. Smile, sweetie, like doing the choreo in the in the in the wings. Okay, are you on the exhibition page. Yet the exhibition page like the workshops page where you can pick.
Speaker 2: No, I'm still registering. There's so many mercy listen woman, listen lot here. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: My sessions are usually forty five minutes and this is way over an hour already. So you need to fire in the belly. You're gonna be an admin. You need to be like type in ninety nine words per minute? What are you like reading the questions? I don't do that. Don't just think about you think about like who could be in the room like that? Even the eleven forty five panel discover the path to empowered Leadership business management. That could be great for meeting people who are in leadership positions and also, like you know, start putting yourself in the space where you want to become a leader.
Speaker 2: Right. Maximizing performance with your current SPA software. Ooh, the software needs help.
Speaker 1: Ooh, the software one's going to be good, you know what, because there's going to be full of SPA edmins. Anna, you gotta go, oh, this is exciting.
Speaker 2: Which one were you saying?
Speaker 1: That's the one that you mentioned three fifteen to four thirty. Maximizing performance with your SPA software. M Yeah, that's perfect because you need to be nerdy about shit that people don't want to be nerdy about. That's what's going to separate you. I'm really excited. This is the kind of way that I love to end a coaching session, even if it is a little painful for me to sit here breathing while you breathe and type things into the internet and sign up for a thing. Because I mean, it sounds simple. But were you planning to sign up for this conference today?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Very, Like it's like you've taken a big step and these are like I'm so I think we got so lucky with the timing because this is in a few months. This is exactly what you need. Like it's almost even more important than I mean, you're going to finish that healthcare degree, healthcare admin degree, this is the year.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just costly, that's all I'll say.
Speaker 1: But you're paying your own way one, yes, and you're doing. Proud of you mm hm. But this is the kind of education that it's going to specialize you. Like you're in like a generic healthcare admin program, right, Yeah, this is like the continuing education where you're going to find your niche.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if I'm a niche and like, yeah, yeah, we use it well, take advantage of it. And I was like thinking, I'm gonna definitely put this one on LinkedIn.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so excited for you? Are you excited? Why am I the only one? Like? Bless?
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just a tabit hungry. This will say, go so am I I sent?
Speaker 1: I sent you home with chili in a box of corn bread, so I didn't even have time to eat it. Yet I'm glad because you probably would have been belching on the show. I would have the whole time that chili got a kick. Okay, but when you come over, do I not feed you? You feed me?
Speaker 2: And somehow like I always have something packed on my way out.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming on. Brown Ambition was.
Speaker 2: A pleasure, babes.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. I wasn't sure what we were going to accomplish, but I do feel like we took the first step last week in terms of like getting you more comfortable with LinkedIn and connecting with folks. And now I'm like, Okay, you're doing the thing that is so you're doing the thing that so many especially women know that they probably should be doing but aren't doing it, and that is why they're staying stuck. And it's actually shoving yourself in the rooms like buying your way and getting an invite whatever. In the rooms where opportunity can happen. You need to create. There's so much of the job search in your career. It's as much a strategy as it is putting yourself in a position where exciting opportunities can happen to you. Does that make sense? Like it's hard to describe, but there's an element of I don't know what the exact thing is going to be, but if I put myself in this room, things can happen.
Speaker 2: Things you have to make it happen.
Speaker 1: To make it happier, exactly, you got to put yourself in that space, and its sure ain't going to happen if you just stay at the front desk at the spa you're at now and never branch out and dip a toe into the wider industry.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm very proud. I'm so proud of you, so proud of you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: A year since moving out, you're about to be a year in your new apartment. You got your own bills paid, you got savings. How that credit score looking?
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, I'm super happy for you on your journey. You're doing just so amazing. Do you feel proud of yourself? Like, do you feel it like I have done a lot?
Speaker 2: Or do you judge helf harshly? I judge myself harshly, Like I see the difference of how I was like two years ago. But like at this point, I was like, we gotta keep going. I wanna. I really want to tee myself on the back and be like you did it. So I'm just in a transition, but I am very happy of how far I come along.
Speaker 1: Just walking through your story with you, it just reminded me you've come so far, hun Like, you've come so far, Thank you, And I just need to get you to that. Yes, we're going to get you to the next the next once you get this, I feel like the next role is going to be so pivotable, pivotable, pivotal once you get into the right title and like more of a high higher level, more the admin side. It's just it's it's an easy path, not an easy path, but it's a it's a path that you want to be on, and there's no where, there's no way you're not going to continue to have that great career if you just like get on this next sort of you're.
Speaker 2: Not going to get on the train.
Speaker 1: You're Oh, you're so great though, and I'm so proud of you and I love you so much.
Speaker 2: I love you too,