Speaker 1: Give me my rushmore rappers. You're greater, your greatest four rappers of all.
Speaker 2: Time, no particular order. Fifty cent Lil Wayne Tupac and me.
Speaker 3: You the first. You want a shot? Yeah, you take me right here. I got got I got in me for Joe for Shore. Fifty cent Little Wayne Tupac and me.
Speaker 1: You're the first of all the people that I've had in here. And I've had a lot of comedians, a lot of slabs in here. You're doing the one that ever put yourself on.
Speaker 3: My rough back. Oh man, I got to. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I got to and I'm willing to demonstrate that's the difference you are. I call myself. I've been calling myself the best for a while now, you know what I mean. And that's not to say that's how everybody should feel about whatever it is they do. That's the first step you did, you know what I'm saying, But gotta believe it. But that second step is being able to Yeah, if that's tested, you know what I'm saying, be able to follow through with it.
Speaker 3: I love to You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I love to and I love I love the uh to go up against some iron and be and be sharpened or be or to be shown that you ain't sharp enough.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Get get right. I love to know who I know. I find out this comforting that who would you like to jump on the feature with that? You haven't been on one with that? I haven't been on one yet. Kendrick Lamar Okay, kense Lamar, Drake the best, anybody who considers themselves the best.
Speaker 3: I love to bro. That's what I'm all about, you know what I mean, That's what I'm all about.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna do something. You're gonna you know, they know when a nigga got it like that too. See that's the thing, like they know little yo, little yachiya. He said that your verse on jail was better than holes.
Speaker 3: It was. You heard both of them. I don't want to get a come on to you a straight shooter.
Speaker 1: I tell you who over here. I'm trying to get ahold of a straight shooter. I'm gonna ask you that once I get him over here. I just said, I just saw you.
Speaker 2: You just got on brawn because he said, if you adn't go to Miami, you are that. So you're gonna let you're gonna let jay Z slide jay Z real talk.
Speaker 3: You know, jay Z, you know what I got that? But respect for you check this side? Is your verse better than mine? You know what?
Speaker 2: Was your verse better than mine? Come on, come on, o G, come on you. I mean it wasn't you know what I'm saying. I'm it wasn't, no G and it is. That's okay, we ain't do it at the same time.
Speaker 3: But man, you know what I'm saying. It ain't like me, you know, it ain't.
Speaker 2: It ain't like you had the ability to be able to say, Okay, now hold on, let me let me do it over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did it in two different two different times, but definitely.
Speaker 1: So but you But but do you know, let's just say, for the sake of argument, you jump on the feature with somebody and they got two other two other guys, three other people on that thing.
Speaker 3: You don't know when they're gonna do there. It didn't happened to me before.
Speaker 2: You give what I'm saying, like I didn't like to wear Okay, somebody send me a song. I'm just thinking, okay boo, and they just sending me this song, you know, and and in every and in every situation. It ain't competition the oh. The end goal is to make the best, the best song possible.
Speaker 3: You get, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like you know your end goal is to make the best song possible. But you know when you when you got if you know you got the opportunity to compete with with people who skill set you didn't, You didn't looked up to you know what I mean, for decades or whatever what have you. If you know you in the room with the best, you know you gotta come with your best, right, you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that's also a thing too. But we wasn't in the room. We wasn't.
Speaker 2: He had no knowledge of me. But his song, his version of the song was already out or whatever. And you know, to my defense, I didn't listen to his version of the song and then go do my verse like Kanye just said this one right here, you know what I'm saying, And yeah, he really gave me a couple of them to do.
Speaker 3: I recorded that.
Speaker 2: In the middle of a warehouse on a on a cart, had a studio set up on the cart mm hm.
Speaker 3: But definitely and like that.
Speaker 2: Recording and probably like like ten minutes, didn't write a word, you know what I'm saying, And it was just like that, Yeah, for sure for shore for show.
Speaker 3: But I definitely feel like my verse, my verse. But when you jump on you jump on a feature, are you trying? Are you trying to go hard? Are you trying?
Speaker 2: Because there's compete hurting songs for show? Yeah, yeah, they competitive, they competitive this kick in for sure, like the like on the UH, I got a song with Ja Cole because there was another person I would have mentioned, he would have been at the top of that list I want to do.
Speaker 3: And I was gonna mention that I want to do more work with Ja.
Speaker 2: Cole Helly, especially with its boat being from North Carolina, like I love to whatever. Hopefully you know this right here sparks the conversation and we can move towards that. But I got and it's a lot of people like like one of their favorite verses for me. People come up to me and tell me all the time, I'm running the people in Travick under the sun.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? That got me j Cole on it. Another dude from Charlotte named Luke Luke West.
Speaker 2: But a lot of people, you know, they did that verse not when Cole sent me that and they like, Okay, yeah Cold wants you on the song. Yeah you know I'm yeah, I'm coming with Okay now I'm coming like this on this song.
Speaker 3: I know how I'm coming on this song.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying because I know who I'm Hey, look, i know who I'm getting in bed with.
Speaker 3: You get know what I'm saying. I gotta be I gotta you know, so gotta come ready to play.
Speaker 2: Somebody say they say songs, I don't want to do people like that. So if I'm on the song with a certain type of artists and it's you know they style ain't really because I'm I mean, I'm I'm I like to think of myself without being here sound like I'm too my own horn.
Speaker 3: But I'm very aware that I'm versatile. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I could dumb it down and make everybody I can make together women.
Speaker 3: Put their hands on the knees, make it, get it with and put the hand.
Speaker 2: Or I can get on Lauren, He'll be you get what I'm saying, and make the Aunties say, boy, don't play with that boy like he You know what I mean? He liked that, So you know, it's kind of like I got that going on, but I don't. I don't utilize that like I take advantage of that. I don't take advantage of that, taking advantage of it to be getting on the song where that ain't caused for and going outside of the vibe that's already.
Speaker 3: Set with it.
Speaker 2: You coming to get a feature for me going outside the vibe and the groundwork that's already set. Getting off topic, off off you know what I mean. I wanted to be cohesive and a and a piece of work.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't want it to sound like I came in here to compete with somebody who is a fan of me to be able to ask me to you know what I'm saying, take part in what they got going on. Nah, they coming to do that because they take a liking to me or some sort of You feel like I'm trying to take your head off. You ain't gonna come. You ain't coming back, right, You ain't come on now if you if you called me to come play football, I ain't gonna think you're trying to come run me over. And if we get out there and that's what you doing. Nah, bro, this ain't what I can This ain't what that came for, you know. So we ain't if we go out there right now throwing football around, you ain't finna take not line up in front of me.
Speaker 3: Now we ain't. I ain't playing with you. Ain't gonna do me like that, you know what I mean. So it's that type of thing. Man, You're gonna keep it within them.
Speaker 2: You're gonna keep it within the space where we can have the best the best performance cohesively, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I don't do that.
Speaker 2: Like certain times, I scale back when I know I can, like I can take over the whole song, like I'm not about to play like that, Like that ain't what I'm in it for, you know what I mean. But other times, when it's artists that love that, like their competitiveness.
Speaker 3: And that you know, yeah and yeah and and and what they bring.
Speaker 2: To the table, it commands that, then yeah, I'm gonna rise to the occasion every time.
Speaker 1: Like callis on. God, did he got Wross? I got weezy, He's got hold right. So I got okay, baby, I got this feature right. And let me tell you who I'm gonna tell you who's only right now I'm coming.
Speaker 3: I got with you.
Speaker 2: I would have walked a mile and a half Ross Weezy whole Drake Cole that had to tell me, boy, the song over stop rapping. The people have went out, I have still been going. I'm gonna make them say when you turn on this go off boy, that boy I'm here to play. I'm gonna make him say that. I'm gonna make him say, damn, he just is wraw.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. He just is wrong, if not more than than the company that he's in.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Like, and that's what I'm supposed to do. You know what I mean as a man, as a person, as an artist. That's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Since you've been in the game for a minute, Now, what's some of your what's one of your best purchase in one of your worst purchases?
Speaker 3: Best purchases?
Speaker 2: Uh, my best purchase is I had to say that the the ten Naka state that I own that I bought flat.
Speaker 3: Out, which is worthwave mo. Now.
Speaker 2: Uh worst purchases, I got a lot of them. I got a lot and what and and I won't even call my my home that I own my my best purchase. I call that my best purchase just because it's it's tangible, it's something I can I can immediately get to my kids right now, you get what I'm saying, and let them decide to do what they want to do with it, what have you. But I think I think my best the best way I spent my money was investing in myself, reinvesting. That's something I've been doing from them from the get go, you know what I mean. That's where majority of my bread, that the bread I have spent, I spent it right back in just reinvesting in myself, right and you know, and exploring different areas, you know what I'm saying, in different fields that I that I feel like I got the ability to operate in. But worst purchase got to be.
Speaker 3: Ship. It might be investing in others. They might be hand in hand, that might not be that.
Speaker 2: Complex of a question at all, you know what I'm saying, And investing in but I don't even I wouldn't even call that, you know what I mean, bad, a bad investment, because you know that's that's who I am as a person, right You give know what I'm saying, Like, that's just who I am as a person. I never I don't think I could ever change that. It's as much as invite me in my ass. I don't think that's something I can get away from it still feel fulfilled, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: As a person. Did you really on the private jet? No? I was. I had that on my I had that was so yeah, at the end.
Speaker 2: Of whatever year that all the drama tip of twenty twenty one, I was definitely gonna give me a private jet.
Speaker 3: I already had thirty million on the schedule. Not to mention.
Speaker 2: The the the boy about the hunted that would have came around. I was definitely buying me one. I would buy me when I'll be seeing you in oo go back for that's my dog too. That's every time I run into it. He really liked that too. Now I done ran into him at the mirrorge store, like, what's going on in I had this off and on to today, I'm gonna buy another one. I had this old since Thursday. I'm like real quick playing, I'm serious, I'm serious, But nah, I definitely had plans on doing that still do I'm like you man, I look, I worked too. I work hard now, Yeah, I ain't trying to shoes off, I take my laptop out the bag.
Speaker 1: I don't mind that, but I don't, you know, like I'm practical. But what I tell yo, I'm doing all this hard work and I get the least enjoyment out of you.
Speaker 3: See what I'm saying. We got to balance it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somewhere on Yeah, somewhere along the line that got to be balanced out.
Speaker 1: I read that you took your grill out because you wanted to be more commercial.
Speaker 2: Not even wanted to be more commercial, just got just got tired of it. And I didn't always have a pretty st grew out of it here. Yeah, yeah, I was just over that, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I was over there. You get two though, But that was definitely one of the things like where I was able to take it, where I was blessed enough to be able to take it to with them the first twelve months of my mainstream career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, it was timing. It was time to you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mentioned to scare you off when I smiled, I want you to be like, damn.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm looking your north Carolina State. You got a football field, basketball court, swimming pools, guard towers, concrete walls.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, your neighbors complained, Yes, sir, when they complained to this, you know what I mean, helped doing it bigger than them. What was going on? Who is there? Who is there? Why we can't come over? No, that's why. That's why, you know what I mean. It's for me, my kids, more people, this thing, you know, it's all good.
Speaker 2: I came out here for peace. I wouldn't even came out here, you know what I mean. If I wanted to be in the mix. I have people in my business, I would have gotten a mix. That's easy, right, you know what I'm saying. I came to get away from the mix. But they definitely wanted to be out of there.
Speaker 3: Oh normal. They just they just left me alone. They just left me alone, just left me alone. What made you decide to stay in your hometown? My kids?
Speaker 2: It's the only if I wasn't, if I wasn't the type of the father that refused you give what I'm saying up and even out of ping on, I left before I popped, right, you know what I'm saying, And came back you know what I'm saying. I left it and yeah, and took me, me, my baby, mama and my daughter.
Speaker 3: We came to La.
Speaker 2: We came out here before I popped, maybe in twenty seventeen, moved to Cold Turkey.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying. And I've been trying to get on from now.
Speaker 2: And they don't welcome success where I'm from. But I never one of the points I touched on the beginning, like they don't. You know, it ain't you can't. You can't be a black man and be successful. That's that's too foreign to them, right, you know what I'm saying. And they ain't trying to make it become you know, domestic. They don't want to get used to that. You see what I'm saying. They don't, don't.
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: That ain't something I can Yeah, I could put a finger on you know, as the wise, it's like that.
Speaker 3: But that's what it is when I'm from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because I'm thinking it's like when we see so many people from their hometown and you would think everybody's like, man, he from a hometown, he do it, he doing it big.
Speaker 3: But it seems like they hate even more. Yeah, especially where I'm from. That's just how it go, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You see what happened to I forget the target my head in Memphis put a target on your back.
Speaker 2: But why look, you know, you in a position that there's so many people that they seeking. You know what I'm saying, like, I don't know, there's something that's a whole that's the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You have to you have to move differently cityways I had to before before you know what I mean, I popped as an artist, so and and that's kind of like how I navigate through this.
Speaker 3: That's why a lot of.
Speaker 2: The things like that I that I've been able to navigate through that I done had to navigate through since I done been in the in the mainstream music business.
Speaker 3: It's like cake to meat, bro because it's you know, this is.
Speaker 2: What I'm from. Like where I'm from, everybody hating on you. So so when it when it was that time where everybody loved me, everybody loved it, everybody loved the baby, I ain't trusted. I'm looking like man, yeah right, I had a straight face. You get what I'm saying. I you know, I still you don't know how to network know how to move around whatever. But it's like you know, when when when things did take a turn and everybody jump ship.
Speaker 3: That's why I didn't respond. That's why I didn't panic.
Speaker 2: That's why I didn't because you didn't trust what it was all good it was. I knew that was I knew that was due to happen. You get them at some particular point for whatever reason. You get what I'm saying. I knew, you know what I mean, that was due to happen. I'm so used to that. What was what I had, what I was having trouble growing used to was the the love you know what I'm saying, and the you know, and and just the yeah, the admiration.
Speaker 3: But it's it's like that in Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Like I can go, you know, across the country, put ten thousand people in this arena for Charlotte artist, you beat and put ten thousand people in arena somewhere else.
Speaker 3: You come to Charlotte just because you from Charlotte. Boy, you'd be lucky. You get a thighs. That's that's Charlotte.
Speaker 2: That's that's what it is. You know what I'm saying. That's all the way around the board. That's from the people, to the police, to everybody.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Like once they learned, oh I'm about I signed a major deal, they pulling us over, dressed like us, blue jeans on everywhere we go, pulling us over, searching the whole car.
Speaker 3: They were trying to build a case.
Speaker 2: The second Dicky, they realized, you know what I'm saying, I had, I had, you know, uh went into another another bracket financially, you know what I'm saying, along with just already being a black man from Charlotte. I guess they felt like that was a dangerous combination and or they like, get get it away.
Speaker 3: From over here, go go somewhere else. Moved to l A, mood to Atlanta. But you moved l A and you got arrested. I love about it. Man.
Speaker 2: I ain't moved at LA when I got arrested on rodeo. Man, I was in the car with it, and he was supposed to that was his gun. You ain't take your charge for your gun.
Speaker 3: Man, the long long time potner mine until he dead ass wrong man, that was he. He made you eat it. You He didn't say that. He know how this go.
Speaker 2: So when you don't say nothing, they gonna charge everybody with it, but not when you got a wrap in the car. Oh no, that's he that's his you know what I'm saying. So he's hold on your your partner. He's gonna make me get back mad by this.
Speaker 1: Hold up by they forgive if moved on. He ain't even missed and he got smissed.
Speaker 3: He gotta eat that work. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: For sure, you give it just out the strand being I mean, we didn't been pulled over several times in the streets before I had the Grammys two weeks after that all the all the nominated four times and the Grammys did two weeks after that that incident.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, and like and yeah, all.
Speaker 1: The all the bottles at one part because of you, all the all the you know the things that come along with be with the baby.
Speaker 3: He ain't eat that what.
Speaker 2: Man, Look I tell you what man the podier, Yeah, poier, man, keep you some of this just in case you need to take a shot like I do right now.
Speaker 3: You know what you live and you learn? Man? Are you still are you cool with him? Are yo? You donna let that go? You're like, no, bro, we can't.
Speaker 2: For a while, I couldn't even I couldn't even stomach you couldn't it being in the room with my boy man for a while. But I don't forget since then I done forgave him. You get what I'm saying. And uh, you know, but I just I just move. I just move accordingly. I just moved.
Speaker 3: We moved differently, though you look at him different Nigga.
Speaker 2: I ain't even gonna be in the car with nobody that you know if I you know, I ain't.
Speaker 3: Even Yeah, but the forgiveness wasn't for him, is for you.
Speaker 2: You had me cut the man I love, you know, I his daughter, that's my niece, his mama.
Speaker 3: That's that's my baby. You know what I'm saying. You know that's my baby. They know this.
Speaker 2: It hurt them too, right, you get it because they know. You get what I'm saying, like they know they know this.
Speaker 3: You feel me. They know if I'm with me, even being.
Speaker 2: Who I was, if the gun was mine, I wouldn't have went out like that.
Speaker 3: I would have that's mine. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's legal, It's that you're allowed to have it first of all, So it ain't no. Just to give people context, we ain't riding around he ain't. It wasn't no gun, but nobody went.
Speaker 3: On you can have it. So it's like, what you what you're doing? You feel me? Right, that's yours to take your lig Yeah, that's what we've been doing.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's yeah, you've been doing yeah before we got here, So it's I would it was so it was so left field, and I'm just like, damn, But you know, I feel like it was a lesson that I needed to learn.
Speaker 3: You give what I'm saying. At the end of the day, that's what I needed to learn.
Speaker 1: You you talked about your mom when you grew up, you had a bench, you have a speed bag, you had a heavy bag, so obviously you're good with your hands. And you say, I ain't a I got beat out today. My brother got me. But outside the house, I ain't taking How do you how do you move differently? Because you know people wanna try you. Yeah, so how do you move? How do you how do you move accordingly to make sure the baby ain't in a situation? Back at the end, like if we know some of the things that have happened in your path.
Speaker 2: To end like that again on a day to day basis, like I've been, I didn't have to and you know, we didn't tested on a lot of points that this shape the way I move on a day to day basis, including the city that I'm from. I've been had to move, you know what I mean, on the basis of staying out the way and survival. You know what I mean, from day one, before I ever even got in front of a microphone, from in the streets to you know what i mean, translating over into you know what I mean, doing music and being a rapper. So I'm I'm almost just I'm I'm accustomed to it now.
Speaker 3: For the trouble, the trouble that you just.
Speaker 2: Can't seem the avoid it seemed to come knocking on your doorstep.
Speaker 3: I just happened to be ready for it, That's all, you know. But I don't.
Speaker 2: I ain't no, I'm not no bully, I'm not no. You know, battles I feel like I know I can win. I don't even partake in them, You get what I'm saying. Like, I don't, I don't get down, and I don't respect. I don't respect bullets. I don't respect you know what I mean. I don't pick my battles. I ain't gonna act respond like this to this dude, but not respond like this to this one that ain't high rock.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But I just I mind my business, brun, you know, I just I move with grace on the daily basis, like I don't bother nobody.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, I be cooling, you know.
Speaker 2: So the contrary the popular belief, like you know what I mean, just overall, I'm a good guy. You know what I'm saying, Like I don't, I don't start no trouble nowhere, you know what I mean. I'll avoid it and try to and try to defuse it before I you know, before I bet the vesseler like I don't. That ain't really how I get down anyway. It's just as a person. That ain't how I get out. I give I respect. I give respect first. I did know what I'm saying. In all situations, I give respect, I leave with, I leave with what with what I demand? You get what I'm saying, And then that way, you know, it is what it is. If it go any other way, that's something somebody else is adamant on taking place, and get what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It gotta be that never go anywhere with me.
Speaker 2: That's why you see like a lot of my a lot of instances that occur with me. Yeah, make headlines of to do this and do that, because I am who I am. But if you if you know, if people do, they they do diligence on the situation that charge dismissed or nothing happens, or it didn't work for the it didn't work for the other end. You get what I'm saying, because it wasn't done righteously.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Me, I just I move righteously on the day to day basis. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I move righteously. I get my hustle on. I you know, I I pouring. I pour into my creativity and ever to pour it into the world. I take care of my kids, my people, you know, and and I you know, I stick.
Speaker 3: And move, I move smooth. I know how to move right, you know what I mean? So? So where what what's up with this rappers beat? I think you do? What the rap? Why why we got raped? Beef? You said you told me enough money for everybody? Yeah, all that all that be you know, the riving around Ego.
Speaker 2: Now for any rap beef that where somebody hadn't actually been hurt or something, Okay, that's a different.
Speaker 3: Thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like you know that that boils down the you know, loyalty or this or that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like for whatever.
Speaker 2: But but other than that, it really just be Ego. Man, it be Ego. You know a lot and a lot of people. It's better than them. They can't shake they can't shake it, you know what I'm saying. But I ain't really want to. I ain't never really been wanting for taking no rap beef Like I'm not trying to play like that.
Speaker 3: Because it ain't right, you know it's I ain't trying to play like that. You know.
Speaker 2: It's one or two types of people, you know what I'm saying. I ain't one of them. I Am not trying to go back and forth with you on these zones and we get in this room and then you act like we don't got this going on?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 2: Nah, you know what I'm saying. So I don't even participate in it, you know what I mean? And you know, I thank god people don't don't try to real me into that.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. You dealt with some loss in your life. Yeah, absolutely absolutely?
Speaker 1: How did that impact you? How did that? Because you know you got three boys. You mentioned three boys. I'm assuming in part of me if my assumptions are off, that you were close with your brother, because there's three of y'all. You say, your mom, we get that job, job, and so basically y'all raising each other.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you give you what I'm saying. How did the loss of your dad and your brother impact you? Man tremendously?
Speaker 2: But at the same time, you know, and like I said, I've been working on my documentary lately, really finishing finishing it up.
Speaker 3: So I've been exploring these thoughts and doing a.
Speaker 2: Lot of self reflection lately because a lot of these you know, emotions and the trauma that come along with these experiences and these experience this out of experienced this at the height of my When my father passed, it was two three weeks after I dropped my debut project Baby on Baby, you know what I'm saying, And my first day of tour that's when I find out he passed.
Speaker 3: I fly in and lay him the rest and fly out the same night, go right back on tour.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying, and go on to dedicate an album that was number one, a number one album Kirk dedicated to him.
Speaker 3: But I really and this is something I didn't just notice why I self reflect them finishing up my documentary.
Speaker 2: But I always suppressed these emotions.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I suppressed these feelings and distracting myself from them, you know what i mean, and from the healing process by just pouring putting that much more energy.
Speaker 3: Into my hustle.
Speaker 2: You get know what I'm saying and everything I had going on, But that's unhealthy, you know what I mean. That I end up becoming a ticking time waiting to go out, you know what I mean. So you'll see a certain situation where I go from zero to a hundred. That's why I'm still you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, for what it been. The hell about my brother that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, so that's it's completely unhealthy to deal with it that waving on hindsight, I'm just not realizing that's the way I went about dealing.
Speaker 3: With these things.
Speaker 2: And even furthermore, I realized I've been doing that my whole life since a kid. You know what I mean, A four year old ain't supposed to know how to suppress the way they feel in order to survive.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying That ain't nothing for no kid. You know what I mean. My oldest daughter six.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine her suppressing the way she feel in order to feeling like she got to do that in order to survive.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying, like, ain't no way. You know what I'm saying like, ain't no way.
Speaker 2: But when I think about it, and I think about the fact that, you know, the circumstances are by me, you know everthing ultimately like, that's what that became, That became something so natural to me at such an early age and stuck with me all the way to you know, me being a grown man.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, grown man with kids and just now you know, having to get parked.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like on top of the world in terms of okay, where I'm at, uh uh and from where I'm at compared to where I came from, right on top of the world, right, but God having to pull that from pull that check from up under me and park me, park my ass Like now hold on, bro, you know, deal with what you got to deal with hell, you get what I'm saying, and then move forward and then see how much you know, how much further you can move forward once you to finally quit. You know what I mean, suppressing away because I'm better at it than others. You get what I'm saying, Like I always knew how to do that. I got other family members, Like my brother is an example. You're like, you know he it took him overboard, you know what I'm saying, His experiences, his traumba, what have you took him overboard the way he took his own life.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying with me?
Speaker 2: You know, everybody in good and suppressing it and and you know, and got that hustle to where they hustle keep them busy enough to stay distracted from it.
Speaker 3: Like I really still got.
Speaker 2: Real deal people that I'm responsible, you know for taking care of them. My brother had both kids, Like I'm responsible. It's a responsibility of minds, you know what I mean. But who's to say that they able to suppress the last thing I want them to do. It's grow used to suppressing these emotions, knowing the possible negative outcome to that, you know what I mean, later on in life.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's like I gotta be there. I can't.
Speaker 2: It's like I almost feel as if I don't got time to hang my head or what have you. Then I got this mission that I'm on. I was the number one artist in the world, top streaming artists in the world. Uh stop streaming rap artists in the world. When my brother committed suicide. You did what I'm saying. So I still got, you know, this responsibility to continue to see this through and you know what I mean, see it through and make sure it is what it is and my people get what they're supposed to get from it, and we all get what we're supposed to get from it, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, you know, I'm I'm the head. I'm the head of the family, you know what I mean. And it's it's it's almost like, you know, it take real deal experiences, and it takes time to self reflect and and you know, and it take experiences like me, you know, going through what I done went through over the past couple of years career wise, in order to a quit using this to run from what you got going on. I'm really running I'm calling it suppressing it. One'mna call it strong. Boy, I don't know how you do it. I don't know how you do it. Bro, you the strongest, but I don't know how you do it. I don't know how you do it. I really ain't strong. That's really a weakness. I'm really running from it.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Strength is, and this is all.
Speaker 2: Stuff I just not came to realization about strength is dealing with the head on, healing from it and moving forward from it.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a displayed strength. You get what I'm saying. Running from it some impressident.
Speaker 2: You did what I'm saying, the running from it, suppressing it, You ain't really overcoming it.
Speaker 3: That's still something that's there. You run it. While I'm out here, You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: They look like, boy, he's strong, he doing this, he's still holding down, he's still about it.
Speaker 3: But boy, when the.
Speaker 2: Cameras go off on by myself, I'm I'm messed up out here. You get what I'm saying, Like, I ain't got nothing mindful when I get along by myself and all of that. You know, I can say all of that and go back to the very beginning, like me, you know, understanding and feeling like from the jump I was a kid feeling like my purpose was to do for others and the sacrifice for others.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, That's just always been me.
Speaker 2: So I guess that's what made it feel okay, But on hindsight, it ain't.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, It ain't.
Speaker 1: You said your brother took his own life because you felt that he wasn't love He felt like he wasn't loved you.
Speaker 3: Did he have you?
Speaker 1: Did he show any signs that something might be going on in his life that you didn't know about?
Speaker 2: Always always since you know, since JITs like always, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's really like kind of been.
Speaker 2: And to put it into perspective, like you know, I talk about traumatic experiences and you know, a crazy environment in terms of upbringing and all that, and none of this is the discredit the phenomenal job my superhero over Mama. Did she held it down? You get what I'm saying, the right thing by her damn self. None of this is the discredit that But she can't save it us from everything. And that's something I mentioned in that verse on that Kanye's song. Yeah, you know what I mean. She too busy working to protect us from all the elements. You know, it's still up to us as an individual to navigate through it as best as possible, you know what I'm saying. But definitely like it was always more and the experiences that I remember is being traumatic and that I could look at on hindsight, it's shaping me to be the person that I am today.
Speaker 3: And this is the reason why I go about this.
Speaker 2: And Okay, think about the feelings I say I got to suppressed as as a four year old. It's from the understanding of a four year old. He was nine, you get what I'm saying. So it is told so what I had to suppress at eight, he was thirteen. And there's some very real stuff I'm talking about, you know what I mean. My documentary gonna really show it always gonna get a world a completely different understanding of who I am as a person and how resilient I didn't just been blessed enough to be, but like, you know, the experiences I.
Speaker 3: Had and I remember, it's being traumatic.
Speaker 2: He understood them from from you know, a completely different perspective of perspective that was five years older and more knowledgeable than what I was.
Speaker 3: And who's to say what he was exposed to that I wasn't.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm still the baby, so a lot of time, you know, I can't be left alone with these niggas he can, right And not only that, I'm the one out of the three siblings who who Daddy is present? You get what I'm saying right present, you know, even if it is from a long distance. You know what I'm saying, Like the present, I go with him for the summer. I got somebody putting something on my mind. He got our drunk crackhead uncles, the ones he gotta look up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: This and that, so you know our uncles. Did Robs do this? Do that? I think it made him feel some type of way.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's a thing. That's a very real thing, bro, you know what I mean. Absolutely, So it get deep, you know what I mean. And this is something that's apparent in households all over the world, and you know what I'm saying, And it's something that it should be tended to and you know, people should pay attention to it because it's so many different factors that affect the way a person's mind develops and how they grow to love, how they grow to receive love, how they grow to identify what love is. You get what I'm saying and what it ain't. You know, that's a very real thing that I feel like need to be tended to and ultimately like that's what this what this documentary was working on and ended up being shaped into. It's like a mental health awareness piece of something that's just so healthy. I feel like like my purpose. I feel like this is gonna be my greatest contribution. You know what I mean to the world to this date, You know what I mean, besides my beautiful kids, It's gonna be you know what I mean, my greatest contribution. You know what I mean to the world to this date. I feel like this is gonna save millions of lives, not even thousands. It's this, this documentary, is this them. It's gonna save millions of lives because it's these things. It's not a household in the world that this, this project is not gonna be able to touch on.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You you you mentioned when you went through what you meant went through fifty cent was there? How did he help you deal with the adversity that you were going through because you were at the apex of your career You're talking about four hundred thousand, four hundred easy.
Speaker 3: All the four hundred bands of show calendar look like it got tattooed on every day. You couldn't even book me for that year. This happened when July I would book till January and.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't taking no dates after the end. It's like, y'all got a hold on. We might be We're gonna be getting a million a show by that time. We need we ain't fooling with y'all. I'll call us in January.
Speaker 3: It was like that.
Speaker 2: But uh, most importantly, man, the the most important thing being uh, he wouldn't He wasn't ashamed.
Speaker 3: Of wrapping his arm around me.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying, right, And not only that, Like, I feel like what hit home the most was him being a person who who then had controversial experiences throughout his career and and being able He's a person that was able to navigate through them, yes and get on the other end. Of it that them them three factors alone was enough for a person like me. I only need one of them three factors to you know what I'm saying, I'm feeling debt to anybody to do for me in any way, big or smile. That's how I rock, You know what I'm saying. But Nah, he a real solid dude. Man, really put his arm around and really put any opportunity in front of me that he could put in front.
Speaker 3: Of me, and didn't care about how it affected him.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying, a lot of people that I didn't help, that I didn't been a major part of what they got going on. But because what I got going on right now can potentially affect what they got going right right right, idn't they pick up the phone to call you?
Speaker 3: But they don't do it publicly.
Speaker 2: I done went from a liability, I mean from an asset, from the biggest asset they'd never had, to a liability.
Speaker 3: I see completely different people. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That was never the case with him, and he's still nothing the game. He's still nothing the game. A lot of these's people to gain from me directly, you get or have already gained from He's never he stood nothing the game, you know what I mean the entire time even to this day, you're going through what you're going through. Kanye West brought you out him too. That's another one was thirty Just like that quick.
Speaker 3: Kanye lost a billion.
Speaker 1: When you have conversation, what's those conversations like, because he's going you went through what you went through. He's going through what he went through. Yeah, so what what's the conversation Like? Damn man, wept up.
Speaker 2: With O like the how I lead off the conversation. Of course with Fitty is more the conversations they more they was more uh strategic, more controlled, you know what I mean. I done did this before my boy Kanye. It's war with him. He my boy. He don't get it with Kanye, that's really him now he ain't putting on no, that ain't no beside that's really him. With him, it's more so like you know, like he fed up with this with the way it goes, you know what I mean, Like he you know, it got him mad.
Speaker 3: The way they're doing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Same thing with fifty that too, but with Kanye is more like respond to it like this. With fifty is more like more like, you know, it's like this like this that it's like, you know what I mean? Then then you be good.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: With Kanye is more like, nah, you know what I'm saying, both with my language, you know what I'm saying, Like, I'm kind of like the hybrid between both of them, both of them different methods, you know what I'm saying. But but that definitely that's the difference in the conversation between the two.
Speaker 1: When I you signed the Rock Nation to a distribution deal, what was that experience like? So when you go into a deal, I mean, are you like, okay, I eventually I'm gonna want to do my own thing and I'm gonna probably so I need to like pay very very close attention to every single thing that they do.
Speaker 3: That's something they ain't even had light shit on it.
Speaker 2: Defect A lot of people don't know that I was signing the Rock Nation on a distribution deal early on. This is before it's like what twenty seventeen, twenty eighteen, verst ever of twenty eighteen, But really it was more so like I didn't even really have a strategy.
Speaker 3: In turn, I did.
Speaker 2: I definitely had a strategy in terms of how I wanted to market myself as an artist where I wanted to go, But it was still just a distribution deal, you get what I'm saying. So it's like, and that's on hindsight, like this the way you know labels work right now, it ain't their job to turn you into it to make people love you.
Speaker 3: Now it's once people do want you.
Speaker 2: You got enough people to love you, it's they job to, you know what I'm saying, put you in the right places and just and just exemptly it's their job to pour gas on the fire. You get what I'm saying. Dan ain't really see that light or sparking, you know what I'm saying. And knew that they ain't really see the little the little candle lit, and they ain't knock the candle over and let it and let it you know what i mean, ignite, ignite a wild far. They ain't really let it do that, you know what I'm saying. That solid was and then the terms of the deal had ended. You give what I'm saying that the time period of the deal, it had ended. And then that's when her I dropped blank blank, and then it.
Speaker 3: Was a bed in war. It was instantly a bed war for me.
Speaker 1: Did you see where jay Z and Beyonce's daughter Blue Ivy introduced her salon son to ju your song shake something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that. I did see that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I ain't know how true it was or not, you know what I'm saying, But I feel like, you know, if it comes from in the house, you know it's it's validated.
Speaker 3: But that's dope. And don't surprise me.
Speaker 2: I actually met Beyonce before that was one of the people people be like who you even met?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying that, Like it threw you out, like it took you back, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Beyond she she I was at the party at did It Crib and in La this was this was this was the beginning of twenty twenty, you know what I mean? And did he have he had put everybody else out the crib like the influx of people he had put him out, But he had he had uh, he had took a liking to me in particular around the time. Man, it was really you know what I mean, like putting his arm around me, So he had put majority of the people out, but he likewed me to stay in there. Me and you know, maybe about maybe about fifteen others, you know, jay Z and Beyonce being you know, two of the of the other other fifteen people in the room. So that just put into perspective of the type of company I was in right.
Speaker 3: At the moment, you know.
Speaker 2: And she came over and introduced herself to me, like as if she had to Beyonce cut it out.
Speaker 3: But I'm a big fan of your work, you know what I'm saying. Whoop?
Speaker 2: And that was just dope. That was dope as hell of me, man, that was that was dope. That was super dope.
Speaker 1: What's some of the best cities that you tore it in? You've been all over the world.
Speaker 3: Best cities I tour it in?
Speaker 2: Do you like touring the best of it is? I like touring then? Oh man, I haven't been a lot of places. Who who energy do? I just love as a city altogether, Dallas is Dallas.
Speaker 3: Is a market. It's like you know what I mean, Dallas is different. Man. I always love Dallas, and I gotta say Dallas.
Speaker 2: I gotta start with them because just early on Dallas, one of the markets that like, they all about having a good time. You were artists to know how to you know what I mean, you have a good time this and there, Like Dallas is gonna take a liking to you early and when they and when they love you, they love you. They don't care about no Dallas. It's a world of its own. I love Dallas, oh Man. I got a lot of strong markets, man, I got a lot of strong markets.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You like going overseas? I love overseas. I was trying to keep it domestic overseas for sure. Anything overseas they go crazy. They don't even speak your language, they can't they but they.
Speaker 3: Figured everywhere you're doing.
Speaker 2: But ever word, every word of the soul man that always chriped me out. Man, I go overseas, they be waiting in the airport twenty thirty deep down there, chasing us to the car you get.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And it's all good energy, It's all good. They treating them like Michael Jordan over there.
Speaker 1: Robab looking at your twenty nineteen double XLF freshman class. You gonna med cor Day, Roddy Ridge, blue facey K good company.
Speaker 3: Rom y'all got a yeah we will, Yeah, yeah we were something. We were put together.
Speaker 1: I know you've been paying attention because it's right next to your Atlanta Little Hop Skipping and Jump and Charlotte three hours, right, and you see what's going on. They said, now we can use the lyrics that you rap about against you. Does that take away some of the creativity? What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 3: I mean me personally, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I ain't rapping by too many real life experiences. I ain't rapping about no real life experiences. Dicky, then ain't handled and yeah that's been open. Wait yeah yeah not me so lot, that's over.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: I ain't got that problem. I ain't worried about that. I think about it all I get to say, I'll take it right out. Delete that at least that running back. Ain't no way, like I know what I can and can't. You know, I operate on that level, and I'm pretty sure other artists do too. I'm pretty sure a lot of a lot of the lyrics that they probably do planning on using.
Speaker 3: You know, they won't be able to hold up. Man.
Speaker 2: Thugs smarter than that. You know that's that's a smart man, you know what I'm saying, A good real good dude too.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I hope to see him come out on the on the good end of that for show, for the show. But definitely though that ain't something that ain't no problem Mama ever have because I ain't even gonna be playing like that now. Now I got some lyrics, you could probably definitely use the paint of negative picture, and I think it given the ability to do that. But at the same time, you know, it's also it's also you know, it's also taking away they constitutional rights at the same time, so they make and make a person asks you know what kind.
Speaker 3: Of game were playing? You know, right, what kind of game were playing? I saw a tweet that said, you have a one point GPA.
Speaker 2: You said, that's the biggest lie of if I called my mom about that shild break your phone. I ain't never even I ain't ever had an f in my life. You got whatever else to get at one point, I ain't never had a D right, never had a d But you colle college, Yeah, like three years, I ain't getting no d up.
Speaker 3: I never had no one play you so close to graduate? What what happened. That wasn't for me, man, I was after three years. It wasn't for you. It's normally after a quarter or some master, not three year man.
Speaker 2: And then you know, and like I say, I asked questions like I was still undecided too. I never told you I ain't want to be nothing, but none of it special enough. I knew I was special. I'm like, nah, I ain't really nothing.
Speaker 3: I went to.
Speaker 2: School because that's what my Mamaune wanted me to do. I did make, yeah, to make make my parents proud, for sure, that's what that was. Because it's easy, like I said, like I touched on it quickly early. But I always sailing the school like school was always easy to me, Like I don't school was always easy to me.
Speaker 3: I always like that, ain't really about nothing like English class.
Speaker 2: If it's a ten page paper, people been working on this paper the whole quarter, the whole semester.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it the night before.
Speaker 2: I'm not even gigging about it till the night before, and I'm gonna I dine did that night before and got a hundred on a paper. Befo you get what I'm saying, Like I don't you know the academics. That ain't never really been something I didn't. I didn't ever even felt like it was cool to play around. But it's too easy, right, It's too easy, you know.
Speaker 3: What im saying. I'm trying to gonna get this over with. You know what I'm saying. Were you a party in school? Was that? What? A partier? A party? In what? College? Yeah? Oh yeah, I already know how to have some fun. I know how to have some fun in college. But you know you ain't up being around there that many things before ever. See what I'm saying, I say captains persually. I was in a good door. My dorm had both. Oh you got a co head co ed that was called co ed.
Speaker 2: The nice one. Well you know I you know I had that on lock. I can't even lie to you. I had my way in there. I'm bad. I put the fox in the head. Best friends, they best friends their whole life. They done fell out. I feel bad.
Speaker 3: About the coming seas.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn, bet y'all mamas know each other, they the sun all come on.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna going what they want.
Speaker 2: To back those susanie, what you what you and I'm not doing now? I ain't got hey. I guess it's your turn.
Speaker 3: You me, it is what it is. I ain't got hey.
Speaker 2: Look, hey, look I'm up here on this this a hour into me. This ain't And I went to a real university, bro, like I went to.
Speaker 3: I went to UNCG. That ain't even like no HB North Carolina A and T.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, one of the most. The problem is not even one of the most. That's the one HBCU in North Carolina. It's right up the street. I went this route, you know what I'm saying, And that going to show you to like I always excelled academic.
Speaker 3: You can't even get it. You can't just go to you and CG.
Speaker 2: It don't work like that, you know what I'm saying. But like, yeah, so I'm I'm walking through. I'm the only one looked like me.
Speaker 3: Kids reading they in the trees, laying down reading books.
Speaker 2: I'm like, but what the hell going on? You know what's going on up here? It ain't really nobody like me here. So y'all was up there, man, I ain't really have it to my I ain't had too much to do, so you know, I ended up getting done.
Speaker 1: Public relations would you update publicly again, Hell no, why for what?
Speaker 3: For what?
Speaker 2: But this is the thing though, like with me, Yeah, nah, I wouldn't. I wouldn't, But at the same time, it's almost like I don't. I don't even think I got the luxury de side, whether or not not, would I ever take it the problem myself to put my business out there or allow myself or be okay with them with somebody else, you know what I mean? Going about our situation as if it's a public Nah, I'm cool on that. They're nothing done. That that ain't about nothing, right, Yeah, that ain't about nothing. That ain't that ain't for no relationship. That's that's called public relations, right You in relations with the public, not the person. So if you feel me you got it's too much, like too many factors to go along with that.
Speaker 3: But I'm cool.
Speaker 1: You once said that you wanted to retire in twenty twenty five. You're still cool.
Speaker 2: On that day you said I wanted to retire at age thirty, and that's crazy. That's when I got canceled. Yeah, I said I'm stopping at thirty. I used to always say that, like I'm stopping at thirty. I used to say I used to say, you're not trying about twenty five. I turned twenty five. I wasn't dead, Thank you God. I wasn't dead, and I wasn't rich yet either. I got rich about twenty selves and yeah, you know, and I was able to accomplish so much within within like the first year and a half of my career, even though before that the groundwork I.
Speaker 3: Laid it took several years.
Speaker 2: Like a lot of people think, I heard a lot some people speak on and ask me questions. It's all you think I'm one of them, popped up out of nowhere. But I was walking around giving out CDs like you get what I'm saying. I took my money from the streets and went bought posters and CDs and flyers like I really, you know, I really brought myself, you know, down to the to the ground level. I really put my feet to the streets and really got out here in Earntlind You know what I'm saying. But you know, but that that just further prepared me and just build the foundation strowing up for me to be able to the hit the ground running when I did crossover in the mainstream music business.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, what's next with the baby?
Speaker 2: This documentary, it's, you know, groundbreaking, this documentary.
Speaker 3: So the documentary is in front of albums right now.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, the next album gonna come with the documentary.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, like right on ere, I don't know. I'm trying not to say too much.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be docuseries and we're gonna put that out there and I'm gonna come with that. I'm gonna come with that with that season finale, with that, with that finale from the docuseries.
Speaker 3: The album gonna come with that, with that last one. I'm gonna get you out of here. On Bess.
Speaker 1: If you could go back and do any part of your career over again, what would it be?
Speaker 3: What would you change? Nothing? I wouldn't change that's a lie. Let mean me, you wouldn't take them too many back on that stage. I would have told Rolling Loud, I missed my flight.
Speaker 1: We finished seeing you out the money back, I missed my flight, boy.
Speaker 2: I swear the boy. Look you know I love y'all. Bro Hey, what's my boy name? Uh? What's my boy's name? Man from Rolling Loud? Man, what's their name?
Speaker 3: Bro? To is it Terri, Tyrek, that's how you pronounce it. Look tyre, bro. Look boy, the plane broke down. Bro. They say they it's maintenance. They say it's maintenance. Bro. I can't make it, you know what I mean? I do that definitely. Other than that, though, Man, you know, you live and you learn, man, I and you know I would your like be if that moment hadn't happened. I mean, I mean, sure that happened two years ago. It was already it was. Man, we got to go up, I promise you.
Speaker 2: But it's all good because you know, on hindsight, like a lot of the points I was touching on earlier, like the way that parked me right and kept me from taking off running and utilizing my hustle to just distract myself and keep my mind and keep my my spirit and my body occupied.
Speaker 3: Right. Who is to say like where I would be you know what I mean, mentally and spiritual? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Had I not you know, been forced to sit my ass down to self reflect, because I still didn't sit down even you know what I mean when it took place.
Speaker 3: I'm fighting it.
Speaker 2: I'm fighting and I'm fighting Hell nah, that ain't what it is that ain't what it is I'm telling you all that ain't fighting and fighting and fighting it it took for that to k not god like uh uh yeah, because I'm a good fighter.
Speaker 3: You a good fighter.
Speaker 2: On hure, it looked like you about to get about of that situa ass down, you know what I'm saying. You know, it takes for that for me to you know, really get to a point the way. Okay, I'm I'm I'm comfortable within my situation and with the results that I got.
Speaker 3: And now let me explore, Okay, what took place to get me here?
Speaker 2: Okay, Now let me explore, Okay, what shaped me to be the type of person that that I am to even put me into this situation and caused me to, you know, go about the situation. I went about it, and you know it got me, I guess I Lately since I've been since I've been doing way more writing and self reflecting, working on what I'm working on. I'm I'm so fulfilled as a person. I got such a better understanding on who I am as a person and how my upbringing in different factors and elements of my life on the way up shape me to be this person.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying, and I got the knowledge of.
Speaker 2: Okay, how to do better with these situations and do better with with you know, these emotions and traumatic experiences of what have you pain, traumba or whatever. How to do better with it and move forward in a much healthier and better manner.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, because I ain't tripping.
Speaker 2: I had a conversation with somebody was talking to earlier today and I'm like, really, bro, I'm really in the space to work, Like because even when I was getting what I was getting the show, had what I had in the bank this and that I wasn't happy as a person.
Speaker 3: You give you what I'm saying. And I'm like right now, like I'm not chirpping, Like I'm.
Speaker 2: Okay with I'm okay with with not making another dollar for the rest of this year.
Speaker 3: That's a lie, No I'm not.
Speaker 2: But it's like this, like if I'm okay with doing that to finish seeing this project through to the finish line, because that's way more fulfilling and healthy for me as a person and for millions of people around the world. And before the man's the people, the people directly affected by the same shit that I'm packaging within this story my family, you know what I'm saying, Like that needs to be laid out for My story got to be told the correct way in order for people to even begin, before they can begin to bob their head to another song and fall in love with me as an artist or as a person, period, they need to really understand, Okay, who is this who is this guy?
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying, and what made him this way? Okay?
Speaker 2: And how can some of the things he's been able to experience, how can we learn from his mistakes, you know what I'm saying, and just move forward in a healthier way. That's what I got going on right now. So I kind of don't I don't regret anything, man, that I have been through, and it it feels so good to really be able to say that and meaning you know what I mean. I probably said that before, but I ain't really meaning. It's like, boy, I wish I had my two hundred million y'all, y'all rib me. You give what I'm saying. I don't feel like that, you know what I'm saying. I don't feel like that. I really feel like I really feel like that's a blessing in disguise at this point in my life.
Speaker 3: I just kept at that realization over like the past two weeks.
Speaker 2: I really feel like I needed that season that I didn't have to endure.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I feel like I needed that.
Speaker 2: And that's what's gonna make me, you know, be way way more happy of a person, way more you know, that makes me that much more of a man for the remainder of.
Speaker 3: My life, because I'm gonna live longer than I and already lived. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's just you know, that's just that that's men of skull compared to the things I have been able to deal with, you know what I'm saying, saying and in.
Speaker 3: Some of the things that I'm gonna have to deal with in the future.
Speaker 2: But guess what, I'm moving forward with the knowledge and the wisdom to know how to navigate through it the correct way as opposed to suppressing and and you know, and sweeping you know, how I'm feeling and how it's affected me, because ultimately sweeping it under the rug, because ultimately that's gonna affect what I put out into the world. You get what I'm saying, there's a lot of people sitting there waiting for what I got to put out, You.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean, And it's my duty to do right by that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. That's way more fulfilling than any amount of money. I ain't tripped I had. I didn't have more money than I knew what to do with right literally, like I've had it. You get what I'm saying, And I ain't. I'm not tripping on that, you know what I'm saying. My most fulfilling, the most fulfilling purchases I had, I really couldn't even I sat here and thought it, but I got I had seventeen seventeen cars. I ain't mentioned no crime. And what I said was my best purchase was reinvesting in myself. You get what I'm saying, Like, you know, I that's my That's what I feel like is the best thing I had to spend my money on to. That just goes to say like those were the time I was most fulfilled. When I was just you know, living within my purpose. You know what I'm saying, That's when I'm most filed. That's why I find the most joy and comfort that man. That's what helped me look in the mirror and say, boy, you that nigga, I look in the mirror.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. That's what it's about with me.
Speaker 2: So I don't really, I wouldn't do I wouldn't do nothing different except for say, it's making his issues on this.
Speaker 3: Plane, I can't make it show. But other than that, man, it's all good. Man.
Speaker 2: I love the space I'm in, not as not as an artist or career wise too, as much bigger than I love the space I'm in as a person.
Speaker 3: And I'm seeing it.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing it attract everything I've been fighting to get, you know what i mean, fighting to get back to and I'm seeing it attracted.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And I'm tenfold. It's attracting it tenfold. It's everything coming at me right on time. You get what I'm saying, and awaited I can navigate through it the way. This this best for me, you know what I'm saying. And that's that's the biggest blessing of all.
Speaker 3: Right now, man, continue success.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the best in the twenty three and then the twenty four api to.
Speaker 3: Time, you know, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: The baby, all my life, grinding all my life, sacrifice, hustle pay the price. Wanta Slice got to brow the dice, swap all my life. I've been grinding all my life. Look all my life and grinding all my life sacrifice, Hustle pay the price. Wanta Slice got to brow the dice, the swap all my life. I've been grinding all my life.