Speaker 1: Can I say something and maybe you'll get madame fist? I don't get gray, Yeah, I am mad at you. That's you're a bitch. Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Three two one T A p A eight O. Waight, what up girl? What's the fust?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: What up to you?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the well I'm on a real ram page today. For those of you that are joining us, thank you for listening to the pre game. I gotta get my hair done because it is looking look at that's look at, look at.
Speaker 2: This is why I have blonde crooked parts.
Speaker 1: It's isn't it so much better that you're not as bright blonde as you used to because you don't have to get your hair done every five seconds?
Speaker 2: Are you insane?
Speaker 1: My grays are nuts, and so now I have to like pat it with that gray stuff all the time because I have brown hair.
Speaker 2: The oh you they have the powder that you can touch touch up your roots.
Speaker 1: Can I say something and maybe you'll get mad me fist? I don't get gray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am mad at you. That's you're a bitch.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's I don't care cry, I don't get stili. I don't get I don't think you don't get mind lines and wrinkles or gray hair to We'll talk about that later. Okay, we have time TPA eight A way, what's the first thing you do or can't wait to do when you're done with the game?
Speaker 2: Well, one, two, three, have a class.
Speaker 1: While it's literally my motivation, I'm like the second were off air. In fact, sometimes it happens while I'm walking out of the stadium.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you that.
Speaker 1: One of the worst things about our job, one of the worst things about our job, besides waking up from Green Bay at four am to catch that six am straight off the field.
Speaker 2: Currently, Yeah, oh, I'm disgusting.
Speaker 1: You're great being at a game which you and I love nothing more, you know, being part of the whole atmosphere, the gin, the lights, the cheerleaders, the music now the same for you sure fill the rain on and then the fans drinking.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, so unfair. I want a cocktail.
Speaker 1: I know, I want to chug that beer with you and row three seat beer. Yeah, I know, the whole atmosphere, but yeah, it is like our little prize at the end of the night, like a little red Wine action immediately. And when I don't get a hold of Chrissa after my game last night, I'm like very upset because I need to run down my day. I need to run down my situation. Where the hell were you? You know what, I'm going to stop doing because I'm trying. I'm really trying to like not on my phone as much because I also don't have an I know, so I have to remember that, like we have our Sunday night. But I also thought that you were flying out last night for some reason.
Speaker 2: Nope, I know not that.
Speaker 1: Like there's a lot of options for some reason, I was thinking though that you were going to get out, and then I just didn't think I would talk to you.
Speaker 2: But it won't happen again. Eure Rope Shabby, Abby, Abby seventy seven.
Speaker 1: That's so cute. I love the Fox pregame shows on Sunday. So do I what happens once the game starts? Do you all watch the games?
Speaker 2: I love that question, Abby, Abby, You're adorable. Yeah. I stay at Fox all day because I do the in game updates.
Speaker 1: So I moved from our studio on the first floor up to where the guys. So the pregame, which, by the way, sometimes I like, I don't know if you guys can ever hear in the background when I'm doing a highlight, like Terry will be like yelling, yelling, just like fun random things. He'll be like how and like he'll forget that I'm upstairs doing highlights and it's an open studio, so it's like a think about like a I don't know whatever, like an overhang, like a perch, like there's not a wall. So sometimes I'm like, well, I don't know if as I'm throwing it back to Kevin Burkhart, he can hear Uncle Terry in the background. But so that's why I sit upstairs and myself and either Perreira or Dean Blandino, depending on the shift of the official, because one will go with you booth, he's creeping or what if we got to talk to Dean about that? Literally, Dean, are you are we in the shot? Are we not in the shot?
Speaker 2: Anyways?
Speaker 1: That will make sense on the big show, we'll explain. But we sit across from each other and then there's just like a glass wall that separates us. So sometimes I like to do this after a highlight or when I hear Peira like, give a ruling update, I go.
Speaker 2: Like this.
Speaker 1: Creepy, so seize me across the hall, across the way. But yeah, then I'm there all day and I usually go home, depending on if it's like a single header doubleheader, I usually go home around four thirty Pacific time, so I get there at five. Yeah, but it's great. We love it, Anonymous. How do you handle a disagreement or fight? My bff and I stopped talking for two to three days. Anonymous, it's the worst. We've only had a couple blow up fights in our long tenured friendship, but it's the absolute worst.
Speaker 2: I hate everything about.
Speaker 1: It because I don't normally go like a day without talking to you, So if on the rare occasions we are in a fight, it's honestly, it's the worst feeling in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not great. You feel lonely, like on an island.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how do you like I did last night when I was trying to call with my glass of wine?
Speaker 2: Then why did you go? Steve? That's why I think.
Speaker 1: I also just think you're gonna call him? Okay, Yeah, good point. Also on the Big Show, I added this to our chat. I want to talk about the do not disturb phone settings. I'm having a really tough go and being woken up in the middle of the night. Okay, I on my list of podcast topics. When a million dollars, it's what's going on? Then I would just flip this laptop shut and I'd come out down to your house and we were just talking free. I have on here do not disturb settings. People are getting real cocky with the do not disturbed all the time. Do not disturb them. It's three in the afternoon. I don't know how to set it properly. So we'll talk about what its you and for me how to set them and take real cockiness because I don't know how to fucking do it. Roger that and pre again, this is why we love you, because it gets us all riled up on other things.
Speaker 2: I always liked that expression.
Speaker 1: Railed up, real, rowled up, rowed up, all right, ap Smith eighty five four. Did Currissa find out about this set backdrop prior to the interview with Dan Campbell? Only asking because last week it's she said it gives her anxiety.
Speaker 2: I missed this. What happened? Anxiety? No?
Speaker 1: I think it was like I like to know what it looks the set looks like ahead of time, but for a couple of things, because it's like if you're wearing blue and then the.
Speaker 2: Backdrop is blue, so you don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: If you want to make sure you don't have like a weird eyebrow shadow, you want to make sure you have that, just like good lighting. And oh also too, because this happens where if it's like, for any reason, you've had like high like director's chairs and I'm wearing like Shorty Swain my way skirt, like we can't have that.
Speaker 2: So it's just for any of you aspiring broadcasters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do like to know not to micromanage, but I think that too many times in the past I've ended up having things not look the way I want to because I don't ask the right questions. So no, in this particular case, I didn't know the background, but I asked the producer prior to heading over to the shoot what it looked like so I could know which side to put my hair back.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: You and I were just not beefing, but we were kind of I hate that expression beefing that's disgusting. We were talking about this before we came on. What you wear, what you look like, getting your hair done, getting your makeup done.
Speaker 2: It all adds up in the end.
Speaker 1: I just had a picture come up on my computer from twenty eighteen where I did my own hair and I did my own makeup, and I look like dog shit, And I just want to know the athlete I was sitting down because I feel so bad that I'm taking time out of his day to sit with me, and I look like you know, I did color me mine on my face? You know, one is here is mascara. Three is I think contouring. It's like, no, I love that Fox has you know, allowed us to hire makeup and hair because it does make a friggin difference. Yesterday I hired a hair girl to come to Green Bay.
Speaker 2: You know why.
Speaker 1: I knew it was going to be rating. But I don't need to look like a wet dog. I am too old to do this shit myself. I don't want to look like I feel like shit. I know I look like shit unless somebody paints me. Okay, This America is what six am looks like. Week nine, This is what this is what leftover hair from Sunday when Ruth does it and you don't shower.
Speaker 2: But it's such a difference on television it does.
Speaker 1: Here's what I've learned in the whatever year we're going into, eighteen year, twenty, whatever it is. I used to at the beginning be like, oh, I don't need to spend the money on that, or no, don't, I can just do it myself, like I try to be so self sufficient, right because you want to, and I will say this, it is important at the.
Speaker 2: Beginning to do that.
Speaker 1: It is, yeah, because if it's year one on television, you don't get to have hair and makeup and travel first class.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. You don't. You've got to, you just don't. You got to earn the right to have those things.
Speaker 1: Eighteen years, twenty years into this thing, I feel very confident saying this. I think we've earned the right. And that doesn't mean the employer has to pay for we will I'm out of pocket. No, But I'm saying, let's just say they did they weren't generous and didn't offer it, then we would.
Speaker 2: We would come out of pocket and do it because we've done, always have.
Speaker 1: It's also early in my career, had a stylist really really early because I was like, I don't have time.
Speaker 2: I'm doing five games. Oh yeah, And here's the other thing.
Speaker 1: I think you get out of it what you put in you. You have been an absolute huge pioneer. You have been a huge difference maker for me in a lot of different ways when it comes to that kind of stuff. Because I think that I did just fall under like, oh, I don't want to be you know, I don't want to spend the extra money because I want to pay for this, So it'll be fine. It really won't make that big of a difference if I alter the dress or if I like, even today, I would normally not go get my hair done, but I'm like, you know what, No, I'm going to make the investment in myself. Because also I also think it's a reflection of your employer. I don't want Fox or Amazon being like, WHOA, we paid this girl money and then this is she obviously doesn't give a shit what she looks like or how she pasents he stuff any that kind of stuff. I think, Look, it is it is a visual medium, and I think there's a lot to be said about putting it and it doesn't mean that like, oh, you know, there's Oh, they only care what they look like. No, that's but what we look like is also part of the job. Or else let's just go do radio. Because if that's the case, then it doesn't matter. Well, I spend so much time late at night or traveling early in the morning that I look like shit and I can't cover this up on my own, so I need professionals in.
Speaker 2: To help me out.
Speaker 1: Anyway, enough about ass No, I appreciate the question, and we could go on and on about this forever because there's a enjoy our ted talk at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: Fast straker. Okay, I'm so terrible at this. Did Aaron take the too me trick or treating?
Speaker 1: No, that was a weird old like Seleine purse I had across me. It was Yeah, we had a back but that's that was a diaper, a male diaper backpack. Jarrett likes a male diaper backpack, so they have those. Oh wow, yeah, because he doesn't want a tote. He wants something over his shoulder. So I think I was holding that in the picture that we posted for Calm Down.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Two, great question. Jennifer BEATLRD. Sorry, I want to start the botox your journey, go for it. Suggestions you guys always look amazing. I before, hey, like, we just talked about kind of investing in yourself and investing you got you get out of it what you put in. I was actually thinking of this the other day. I went to a shady Micshaerson botox place, and I am queen of sitting down in the chair and being like, just do what you want. No, no sit ask questions, let them take time, let them walk you through like I'll I'll talk about this. My neck, she's she's looking real different than it did ten years ago.
Speaker 2: It should I'm aging.
Speaker 1: So I actually got botox in my chin the other day to help pull it up a little bit until I can do like a laser. But I'm We're on television so much. I don't have downtime when there are such big celebrities, like, we don't have time so huge, so huge, like say, I'm connection out of Green Bay actually Appleton, Wisconsin, great airport by the way, Okay, really it is. But no, I sit and talk to the doctor. Don't just sit in the chair and allow someone to stick your face. I just that's dumb shit I used to do, and now that I'm older, I want to know what we're doing, what's the cause, what's the effect, what's the endgame. You literally took the words out of my mouth, because if I could go back and tell my younger self, I don't remember how old I was when I first started doing it. If I had to guess, maybe like twenty eight ish. I know it was before thirty. But I did the same thing because I didn't want to be high maintenance. I just wanted to be so easy. I sat down in the chair and I was like, oh, do whatever you want. Well, pretty soon we had one eyebrow that was creeping up here, and then I was like, uh, whoops, like they're just it turned bad and really fast.
Speaker 2: And I've said it multiple times on here.
Speaker 1: Don't do fillers. Don't do fillers. I made that mistake once. I already have a round I gain and lose weight, where whenever I gain and lose weight, it's always in my face. So when I was doing fillers, then it was like puff the magic dragon and that looked terrible. And then I was doing too much botox, where it's like or just nothing moved so full disclosure, I don't like when my forehead even like moves that much. But I just now at least have finally got these eyebrows, which is probably why I'm so sensitive about them in features where they're like on this the even like playing field. I see so many people on TV and I want to call them and be like, I, this happened to me. I can help you where one is just up here, and it's like, because you can't do the same amount on each side, your muscles, like your face is not symmetrical. So the person that you go to needs to know that and not just be like, oh, you do four CC's over here. You need I don't even know if they're called CC's.
Speaker 2: Is that boob stuff? I don't know. No, I think they're CC's.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, yeah, Just the long answer or the short answer to this long winded explanation is ask questions, do your research. And I think it's good to start at a reasonable age. I don't know some girls like eighteen, I'm like, relax, you don't need to start that early, but do you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. The whole preventative thing.
Speaker 1: I've heard about people doing it early so they don't have to do it later.
Speaker 2: I feel like they're sucking you in.
Speaker 1: But who Nicole Harri is starting a new role at work, and although I've had some success in my career, I'm suffering from a serious case of imposter syndrome. Any tips or tricks for how you ladies project so much confidence, especially in what is typically a male dominated field. But first of all, Nicole, congratulations. Yeah, that's very exciting, and I love this question. You start because you're good at I actually don't know what to say about this because I have a lot of thoughts. Okay, I'll start and then we can arrive at an answer for Lankey I talked about. Actually just had this conversation with some friends the other night at dinner. The greatest gift you can give your child is confidence. I think that for me growing up, my mom and my dad always made me feel two things made me feel loved and made me feel good about myself. That no matter what I was doing, what sport I was playing, or school or whatever, that I could do, it did they fill me up with false confidence and like, oh, you're perfect and you're great. No, they just always made me feel that, Hey, even if I lost the game. Let's go through the reasons why you lost the game and what you could do the next time you go out there to prevent that from happening again. So in this particular case, I would say, since you've already said like you've had success in your career, think back on why you've had success. Is it because you are over prepared? Is it because you're a nice person. I think that you cannot overstate that what you lack in skill set can be over can be be like if you lack something, but you're a really nice person in your efforts there, like your employer is going to be like, Okay, well, at least that person it's not a pain in the ass, and at least we know they're trying.
Speaker 2: So I think for me.
Speaker 1: In particular, yes, I sometimes when people say male dominated field, I never feel like that. I get how it looks like that from the outside, but I've never been made to feel like inferior because I'm a woman. We've talked about this before. We feel lucky because we're men or were The men we work with are really great. There's sometimes but maybe sometimes yeah, but I will tell you that I feel like I feed into that sometimes where I'm just like, wait, is this happening because I'm a woman, or and I don't do that often, but there are something what not athletes or coaches make me feel that way. But yeah, sometimes it's like.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, okay, okay, okay, I know, I know what you're Yeah, where it's like, oh, because you don't want to be difficult, or even I get for a conversation about makeup, like we're requesting hair and makeup and men don't have to request that because they don't need it.
Speaker 2: So then it's like you get it. Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 1: But I think in this particular case for you, Nicole, I would just say, remember how you got to where you currently are and think about that, like what has given you, what has put you in a position for success in the past, And then also make sure no matter what role you're in, that you really want to be in that role because that will be a direct correlation with the effort and the energy that you put into it. Like Aarin and I love love, love, love love love our jobs. So who cares if you have to wake up at four o'clock in the morning. Who cares if you work seven days a week. If you really love what you do, then it won't be won't feel like a burden, even if you're tided.
Speaker 2: I just looked up how to overcome imposter syndrome. It's not about ignoring your emotions. I like that rather, the best way to fight this feeling is to acknowledge that you're feeling poorly, validate that it's okay, and then let those feelings go if they aren't based in reality. And I feel like to be honest with you. And her first part was that she's had a lot of success in her career.
Speaker 1: I don't think this is uncommon. I would gather that probably the most successful people felt imposter syndrome. I mean week one for me, I literally was like two seconds from going on air and I'm like, what, I don't know what I'm doing?
Speaker 2: Like this is great? What am I doing? So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like it happens. Yeah, go easy on yourself. Yeah, go easy on yourself and know. And I think that for me, it's probably the confidence has come with because every three years and I'm like, if it's like this in every other job, I know it's.
Speaker 2: Not like we are unemployed.
Speaker 1: We're technically unemployed until we get another contract, and so I always have that, which is a good thing, I guess in a way where it's like I'm always every year making sure that I do the best that I can because I could be out of a job the next year. So totally just I think, remember how you got there and continue to work hard to stay there, and also have some humility. I'm the first look, I love me some self. I'm very confident in who I am. I'm all these things. But I also think it's very important to remember that there is somebody else that can come and take your job if you are not doing the things that you need to do to keep it. And with that we will wrap up the free game. We love you guys, seriously. I don't think I can overstate this how much I really love these pregame questions. It makes us think about different things we never would have thought out of. And I also like learning about you guys. You listen and know a lot about our lives. So when you write into Coole or you write in TPA, then we get to learn a little bit about you guys. So please please please continue to writing questions or stories or anything, and especially if we don't want to be uh, you know, outed by us anonymous.
Speaker 2: We love an anonymous.
Speaker 1: I had not anonymous people, very people that were out there all over Green Bay telling me how much they loved the podcast. It was so cool because I hadn't been to Green Bay this year and we didn't go last year either, so it was really cool. People were like, I love the book, I love the podcast. I was like, thank you. It never gets oh and tell them that that's very sweet and I really I love that and I love them. Someone's in the crowd, like on Thursday night when we're at the desk and someone's like waving, They're like, I love the podcast, so I see, we see you, we love you, and we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Guys. Big show Thursday.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.