Speaker 1: Two teas in a pod with Teddy Mellancamp and camera Jeedge.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of the TWATS Beat with me, myself and and Emily.
Speaker 3: I'm filling in again for Teddy.
Speaker 2: Teddy's out of town right now. So today we have Asha Scott, best known for her role in the as the beloved Chief stew On below deck.
Speaker 3: Do you did you watch the episode? I did? Yeah, really good.
Speaker 2: I was kind of hooked. I used to watch all the time, so I'm going to get back into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She's hilarious.
Speaker 3: She she is. She's very vibrant. I know, I know. I was like, where does she have all that energy all the time?
Speaker 2: I don't know, But I need to ask her about poop in a in a bucket?
Speaker 3: Let's bring her in, Okay, is that the first question you have?
Speaker 2: Might be it might be the second.
Speaker 1: Okay, You're going to ease into it.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hillo, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm very well? How are you going?
Speaker 2: We're good? Now I have to ask have we met before, like a Bravo con or anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah? I don't.
Speaker 5: I mean I can't remember specifically, but I feel like we've seen high to each other at bravo.
Speaker 2: Con Okay, good, that's what I thought. But I was sure, you know how.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: The exact moment, in what room it was in. But I feel like we've definitely seen Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I want to start out by saying, congratulations, I heard you got engaged. You said you were completely surprised. How was it?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 5: I it was amazing, it was so so cool. So it was yeah, it was just like, please surprise. I see to Scott. I always said I wanted to be super low key, sentimental and a total surprise, and it was all of those things. Down at like my favorite beach in the world. You can only hike there. And i'd see to my best friend, like just a few days before, you know, Homemaga Bay is my dream place to get engaged, and.
Speaker 4: She's like, really is it? Well?
Speaker 5: Should I should I tip Scott off? Should I tell him? I was like, he used to tell him, Maybe he'll do it.
Speaker 2: I love that his name is Scott and your last name is Scott.
Speaker 5: I know, well we we've always said that when we get married, he's going to take my last name, so he becomes got Scott Scott.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that Gott Scott.
Speaker 4: But now that we're now that we're engaged.
Speaker 5: I was like, I do just want you to check with your dad and just and just make sure that your family won't be like offended or whatever if you if you give up your last name.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we'll see. So you can't go past Scott Scott. Who else gets the opportunities?
Speaker 2: I know, well we can go Scottie Scott. Yeah, it's like it's like Marky Mark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gone.
Speaker 2: Speaking of weddings, I heard you were at Captain Sandy's wedding recently.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming it was probably filmed for the show, so you probably can't say much about it.
Speaker 5: There were some cameras there, yes, but I mean it was all on social media too, so I don't think it's just it's a huge secret. But it was. It was beautiful. It was in true Sandy style on a Soupriot. It was my first time on a soupriocht as a guest, stepping champagne.
Speaker 4: Very excited.
Speaker 3: Oh they did they have enough champagne?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They they didn't run out, they didn't have to water taxi it over to you.
Speaker 4: Lucky for them and lucky for them they.
Speaker 5: Didn't run out, and it was really awesome, like everyone was just crying and they both looked beautiful.
Speaker 2: Another congratulations, you just bought a house together. Now I'm so excited. There's no more pooping in.
Speaker 3: A bucket happening.
Speaker 2: And how long did you live in that converted ambulance?
Speaker 4: Well, we can't.
Speaker 5: We lived in it on and off for a couple of years. After the first six months together, we're like, oh, it is quite a small space just for two people. So he stayed in the ambulance and I moved into a place with his friend. But you know, we go away every weekend and.
Speaker 4: All of that.
Speaker 5: But you know what, I'm so happy and I bought the house. It's so cool. It's so fun. But I did literally just call him yesterday and I'm like, I'm most like the pooping in a bucket.
Speaker 2: And bang out?
Speaker 4: Can we do that?
Speaker 3: Do you you really miss the pooping in a bucket?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's such a beautiful experience.
Speaker 5: Just look around at like all the dirt and the beautiful plants around you, and it's it's just really.
Speaker 3: I'm going to have to try that.
Speaker 2: I met our We have a house and big Bear in the mountains, and I'm oh, and I love it because it's all the trees and everything. I'm going to put a bucket outside and say.
Speaker 1: I want you to do that, and then I want you to report back. I want you to get every time you go to Big Bear. I want you to tell Eddie that the two of you have to poop in a bucket while you're in there.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's how you do it.
Speaker 2: Is there like a bag in the bucket. Then you just tie it and throw it away.
Speaker 4: I hope.
Speaker 5: Oh no, we actually just do it straight in the bucket and then we kind of like dig a big hole and pour it in there and then like hose it out. But please, please, can you do that and take some photos, write down some notes on how you are feeling, and let me know you're about your experience afterwards.
Speaker 3: The world wants to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be a full time job with me out in the woods. I like poop seven times a day so that you're oh luck it.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it is such an issue.
Speaker 1: You can't go anywhere her without her literally all of a sudden, grabbing her ass and running like it just comes out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: She just starts.
Speaker 1: You'll be walking down the sidewalk and all of a sudden, she grabs her butt and she just takes off running, and you're like, what does happen?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, how do you get that? I want that? I love her?
Speaker 3: You really don't.
Speaker 2: It's actually a problem.
Speaker 4: You really are. Oh no, you need a butt plug or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she does for real.
Speaker 2: Emily from Emily. For my birthday, I was like a butt plug from you.
Speaker 1: I'll get you one with I'll get you one with like a bunny tail on the end of it.
Speaker 4: So it's oh, yeah, yeah, nice, I like that.
Speaker 3: How do you how do you envision your wedding? What's your style?
Speaker 5: So we want to do a wedding in New Zealand in the summer. We want to do a long engagement, so it won't be this summer. It will be nixt summer, which will be February twenty twenty six, which I know sounds like a long time away, but we we do. Scott's half American's his mom's from California, so we've got a lot of American friends and family. We just want to give everyone a long enough time that they can save and apply for time off work and all of that.
Speaker 4: And into a holiday. So yeah, so we want to do I mean my dream.
Speaker 5: We both want to do it outside and I've got this beautiful place that i want to do it at, hopefully cliff side looking out at the.
Speaker 4: Ocean, the wind in life here. Just very very.
Speaker 5: Wholesome, outdoorsy kind of wedding, but big and beautiful.
Speaker 3: That sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: Will you have buckets to poopa?
Speaker 5: I actually find a range some so Scott and I can do it to aratory.
Speaker 4: One side by side looking out.
Speaker 1: I mean you dazzle them or something for the wedding.
Speaker 4: Yea great? Okay.
Speaker 1: Do you get anxiety knowing that the season is going to come out? Like, does it give you any kind of feels anxiety?
Speaker 3: Do you get anxious? Do you feel nervous?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I just feel really really excited.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, some of the moments, I was pretty drunk, so I don't remember all of it the night, so there are these little bits here and there where you're like, oh, I'm not sure what I did that night, but I just I know as a whole I did a really good job and mostly behaved. So no, I just get really excited.
Speaker 2: So I have a question because I'm a little bit confused. I actually was asked to be on Below Deck Adventure. This was like during the pandemic, like re towards the end of the pandemic, and then it just didn't end up working for me because I ended up getting asked to Beyond Ultimate Girls Trip.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: But when when you film that, it's a very short trip, right, it's only like three days out there?
Speaker 4: Is that more?
Speaker 2: Is that normal? Or do you when you work on the yacht, is it usually when you're not filming, Is it usually longer than that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So when if you're going to have guests on a yacht when you're not filming, the standard time is about ten.
Speaker 4: Days per trip.
Speaker 5: But it's you know, that would just make it way too easy to be entertaining TV because when you have people on for ten days, you memorize their preferences really quickly.
Speaker 4: You get used to their schedule. This is what time they wake up.
Speaker 5: You can adjust all your girls like what time they start work, and you stock the fridges once. But when we're getting nine trips like three days, three days, three days, three days, it is so intense because nine times I have to learn new preferences. I've got to empty the fridge, restock the fridge with everything they want, redo the bar with the exact spirits that they want.
Speaker 4: I've got to do.
Speaker 5: Order lists and it's just it's so much work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what makes it so entertaining.
Speaker 2: I watched that. We both watched the first episode, and thank you. You guys work your ass off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh it's so it looks so hard it looks and dealing with the guests, I have to give you guys props because I and I would want to throw them overboard.
Speaker 2: How do you always influence?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: And okay, did you notice because I'm sure when you watch the episode, I have to give credit to the editors because every time it showed them making content, they would put sick content down at the.
Speaker 3: Corner, and I was like, I thought it was so funny and so shady. Yeah, I didn't get sad either. A couple of times they put sick content.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh my god, that is hilarious. But I have to give you props for having like such a professional demeanor because I would want to throw them over the ship.
Speaker 2: How annoying were they?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: Do you know what? They were?
Speaker 5: Actually incredible because I think if you if you were paying all of their money to be on a super yocht and they didn't have half of your alcohol, I feel most of your order.
Speaker 4: I feel like it gives you the right to be quite an asshole.
Speaker 5: And you know, they had their moments of being a little bit disgruntled, but for the most part, they took it so well and they were so polite, and I really thought it was quite admirable for such young people to act that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I felt it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you were more upset about the alcohol not showing up and then like multiple times it was supposed to come and it didn't show up. But you know, they were they could have been way more annoying. They were not as annoying as Jill Zarin was on Below Deck. I don't know if you she was on your show or a different ones. I know there's a whole string of Below Deck shows.
Speaker 3: Oh did you get to watch her? Did you see her? Antics?
Speaker 4: I did watch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your take on that? Like, what's your opinion on that?
Speaker 5: Well, my opinion is just I wasn't in the room, you know, I don't know I watched it, but I don't know actually what went on. I don't know if she was the only one complaining of everyone was So I just feel like I can't have a stance on it. But I will say, you know, I've spent a week in with Jill before we did the Buffalo We did that charity event in Buffalo together, and that was the first time that I met her, and she was just so kind to me.
Speaker 4: So that's the only Gill that I know.
Speaker 2: Now, I saw one of my Trader's cast mates is going to be on an episode, and that's Trishelle.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I loved Trishalle. She was great.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I saw her in a little clip and then she posted on her Instagram she congratulated you for your engagement and said you were lovely to work with. I'm assuming she was just a sweetheart.
Speaker 5: She was such a sweetheart. Her and her whole group were so polite and so much fun. I really love them and I really want to go and visit them. I really want to go and see her. She was a great time. How was she Traders?
Speaker 2: She was amazing? She won?
Speaker 4: Oh did she?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: She won?
Speaker 2: Would you I know she's so good. You know, she's a poker player.
Speaker 3: As well.
Speaker 2: She's very good.
Speaker 4: You see.
Speaker 5: That's why I would be so terrible at any sort of show like that, because I just can't lie.
Speaker 4: Like all of my lines have it all over my face. It was just did you did?
Speaker 2: I read you were on I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Australian one.
Speaker 3: How was that?
Speaker 5: It was?
Speaker 4: It was equal parts.
Speaker 5: Incredible, like you know, meeting all these people with no pretense, very wholesome, yadda, YadA YadA.
Speaker 4: But it was also like the most boring thing I've ever.
Speaker 5: Done in my life because you only go for trial like twice a week, and the rest of the time you're just sitting in camp losing your mind, like trying to think of ways to entertain yourself. So, I mean, it was awesome, but I probably wouldn't do it again just because it was it was pretty boring.
Speaker 1: Can I ask the question when you first arrive on the ship and the crew comes in, is that the first time that.
Speaker 3: You're meeting your crew?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, And do you have any say in who it is? Or you just arrive and then this is who you get to work with.
Speaker 5: I don't get any say and who it is and so when we get on the boat, that's the first time that we are seeing the boat, meeting the crew, all of that. And so there's not like I don't think people appreciate sometimes quite how stuff and intense the situation is because it's like I am just joining the boat.
Speaker 4: I've got all of these orders. Well they're supposed to be arriving.
Speaker 5: I have had no time to like understand the dynamic of my crew and the personalities. I can't do any training, and it's like the guests arrive in twenty four hours and I'm still like, what's in this cupboard?
Speaker 4: What's in this cupboard? Where will I peck this away?
Speaker 5: And it's just it truly is the hardest thing that I've ever done in my life. But I guess that's what makes it so rewarding too, when you get to the end and finish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you first meet your crew, do you have any immediate like you see them and you think, oh, no, like there's going to be problems with this one or these two are going to be an issue, or this one. Do you have any preconceived notions like right when you first meet your crew.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm such a glass half full person that it's like every season, every person I meet, I'm like, you know, because everyone's putting me best foot forward as they meet the chiefs show and then it's not until this season goes on you're like, ah, you're actually like a little bit sneakier, You're a bit lazier. You know, the truth, the true, the true personalities come out when people get tired. Right.
Speaker 1: So I have another question though, because I know it shows like in the in the previews for the remaining season, it shows hooking up and all that kind of stuff. Explain to me, how do people hook up in those small rooms.
Speaker 3: In the bunk? How does that? There's a will?
Speaker 4: There's a way exactly. If you get people horny enough, they're gonna find away.
Speaker 2: And yeah, good looking crew, Yeah.
Speaker 4: There is a very good looking crew.
Speaker 5: And you know, we're stuck on these boats for we're on there for like six and a half weeks with no contact with the outside world. And so you know, someone that you thought was a three when you joined.
Speaker 4: They be coming in prettybody quick.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 1: So if you need to So if I need to like rekindle my marriage, I should got.
Speaker 2: The ship with shame or or you're going to kill each other.
Speaker 3: We're going to throw him overboard.
Speaker 4: Now you were.
Speaker 2: Working under Captain Sandy, Now after working with Captain Jason, is there a different steel like working with one over the other?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I thought?
Speaker 5: And first, there was a difference in the sense that Jason and I were very much like.
Speaker 4: Brother sister type relationship. Like I never really viewed him as my superior.
Speaker 5: He was more just like my friend and my colleague. And I felt like with Sandy it was going to be very because you know, I just respect her so much and she's very professional. I thought that it might be more like Captain Stewardess type relationship, even though we are friends in real life and I go and see her in Denver. But when throughout the season, we honestly just got on so insanely well that as the season went on, we did morph into the same relationship that I had with Jason. And you know, I'd go and knock on a Kevin Dore and show us some funny men or not that I had time to look at names, but you know, we'd kind of like take a few moments to set and giggle and laugh and just be friends amongst all the craziness.
Speaker 2: So they're equally a sweet very much.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, is there a big difference in filming below dak Mediterranean versus down Under?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I do think that the biggest difference is just the standard. You know, the Mediterranean is the home of yachting. It's like that seven star insanely high standard, very classy, very formal, and whereas Australia still a very high standard because it's a super yacht, but it is more focused on this, you know, being more laid back, the diving, the snorkeling, the outdoor activities. So I mean, I love being back in the med because I was trained in that very formal style, so it was cool to be able to bring that through a bit more.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your exact responsibilities as chief ste Chief Stu?
Speaker 5: You're basically responsible for everything so the guest, the guest experience.
Speaker 4: So I am in charge of service and.
Speaker 5: Overseeing housekeeping, maybe making sure the standard of housekeeping is upheld. Yeah, delegating duties for my girls, making sure that the deck crew know the movements, what the guests, what activities, and guests want to do when they want to come, when they want to go, liaising, with the chef about preferences, what's what's for all the what is for all the meals?
Speaker 4: It just feels like everything you know.
Speaker 1: In that first episode, can I ask a question was was the chef should he have gotten out of bad? I was wondering and one in the morning, like, what was his responsibility?
Speaker 3: Should he have gotten up in mid grilled cheese?
Speaker 1: Or was he in the right to say no, I'm going to sleep, Like what's your team there?
Speaker 3: His responsibility?
Speaker 5: That's a really tricky one because in my opinion, he should have gotten up because every boat that I've if the guests really want food, you go and wake up the chef and he gets Like every boat I've worked on it's been like that, but you know every boat is different.
Speaker 4: And Sandy said, don't wake up the chef, and so that's the final word.
Speaker 5: And yeah, but yeah, yeah, I don't know if I was John and I would have gotten up.
Speaker 3: Now she she woke him up twice.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 3: Not making girl cheese.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, And it's tricky because the thing is, it's not the stewardess's responsibility to make food, you know, It's like she should have if it was just her making drinks since she would have been able to stay on top of all of her duties and it would have been fine. But because she's having to go to the galley and it's like a galley on a boat, we don't really know how to work all of those appliances. It's not the same as a kitchen at the house. And I just, I just really strongly think that that's not her responsibility. I have never gone into a galley and made food for guess, because that's not my department.
Speaker 2: Is it your guys's responsibility to be at their back and call twenty four to seven?
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's where you need to take it upon yourself to have some boundaries and be able to like manage drunk people, because that's why, you know. I what I would do instead is, which is what John has started doing, is I would be like, can you please like pre makes and sandwiches.
Speaker 4: Let's do steps X.
Speaker 5: Y Z, so if they do get drunk, if they do this, I can manage it. And then if it gets to a certain point you're like, I'm very sorry.
Speaker 4: This is all we can.
Speaker 5: Do, you know, And you just need to draw the line somewhere and when they're wasted.
Speaker 4: They're not going to remember that in the morning anyway.
Speaker 1: Very true, I tell you, because that scene was stressing me out. I felt so badly for her. Were like, where's my moo I ordered forty five minutes ago, and that she's that she was trying to wake up the shaf and I felt so badly for her.
Speaker 3: I would have lost my mind in that area.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like there's more drama with the guas this season or the staff?
Speaker 5: Definitely with the staff. You'll see as the season goes on. There there is a lot of drama, mainly in my department unfortunately, but I feel like that's often the way it goes because the interior is just so stressful. But I mean the interior in terms of our service with the guests was impeakable because I wouldn't allow anything else. But there is a lot of internal below deck below deck drama within my department.
Speaker 1: Is there anyone that after the end of the season that you weren't talking.
Speaker 4: To No, I'm talking to everyone, which is really nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you seem like you have a very waviations and fun personality that I don't feel like you harbor any type of toxicity like, I feel like you're someone that would just just deal with it, move on and get onto the.
Speaker 5: No, for sure, for sure, there's no point holding negative energy in your life.
Speaker 4: So thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's play a little game. Let's say, hypothetically, speaking below Dak Mediterranean Season ten, is you Hannah and keep Chasting?
Speaker 3: Who is chief?
Speaker 2: Who is first, and who is second? Still in the scenario.
Speaker 4: I would do.
Speaker 5: I would do Kate's first, because I think she is so clever and so wetty that she's just like, she's so funny to deal with the guests. Uh.
Speaker 4: And then I'll do Hannah, and then.
Speaker 5: I'll do myself because I want to respect the ogs and and I'm happy to be below both of them.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: So you never worked with keep Chasting?
Speaker 4: No, never worked with her.
Speaker 5: I would have loved to have worm with her because I think she's brilliant.
Speaker 3: I love her.
Speaker 4: She's kowai, she's serious, funny. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now that you're going, now that you're engaged and you're going to get married, how are you going to navigate having a career, being on a boat, being married all those things? Do you have a plan or you're just going to kind of just wing it? And see how it goes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think I'll just carry on the exact same way that I'm going.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm very.
Speaker 5: I think the only reason that Scott and I work as well as we do is because ever since we got together four years ago, he just lets.
Speaker 4: Me do anything that I want to do. You know, he knows that these are my dreams. He knows it's my career.
Speaker 5: And luckily we're so secure and stable in our relationship that he's like, you go and do you go do the filming. You go, do what you need to do, and when you're finished, are we here waiting for you with open arms. So I don't see anything changing.
Speaker 2: How much filming do you do in a year?
Speaker 5: So at the moment, I'm just doing their below deck filming, which is the two months two months of the year, and then you know, if something else comes up, like mister Leeb last year there was another month, so things come up, But usually two to three months of the year.
Speaker 1: When you film those two months, I assume there's no there is no time that the cameras are off, is there or are they just twenty four or seven? Because I mean with housewives, it feels like a lot, and it's four months of filming, but there is down time when there's not cameras in our faces. But in your scenario, there's never any there's never a moment when there isn't a camera around.
Speaker 3: Is that there's nowhere you can actually go and have a moment.
Speaker 5: No, it's twenty four to seven the whole time, And I think the.
Speaker 4: Reason it's, you know, we do have shorter filming.
Speaker 5: But it's so intense because it's literally six and a half weeks of sixteen hour days every single day, like working the hardest you've ever worked in your life on like four hours sleep, and you know, being the Chiefs show, I don't really take many breaks because it stresses me out. And it's just like a lot. So I think I think I like doing it. More than more than once a year would be too much.
Speaker 4: It would be too much.
Speaker 2: And I want to thank you so much for jumping in the twat seat today.
Speaker 4: And oh tats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so everybody tune in to Season nine of Below Deck med begins airing in June on Mondays on Bravo