Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Mick Shots, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys have now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Well two out of four ain't bad and a guy coming off the bench for us, Nate Newton, Savannah and Mickey here on this Tuesday on Mick Shots in the SWBC podcast studio. After we missed yesterday because we had a personnel problem.
Speaker 2: Wow, it was just going to be you and Savannah, and we could have made this happen.
Speaker 3: Well, you could have.
Speaker 4: I had a few people on Twitter reach out and there were we thought you were gonna hold down the show on Monday, and you know we We're sorry, guys, but we're back today.
Speaker 2: You next time it happens like that, me gonna do this, Missvannah. We're gonna we're gonna make Mike Shots holler louder than it ever, a big shot.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm here for it. Now, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Well, We're glad to be here on this Tuesday, a player day off here at the Star. Uh Nate's doing a little double duty today, and we appreciate you being here.
Speaker 2: The players are what.
Speaker 3: They're off today. It's Tuesday. Didn't you have tuesdays off?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We would. They have to come in and work out.
Speaker 3: At least, right, they do that on Monday.
Speaker 2: Come on, this is Eagles week, baby, don't be old school, you know what. You know, we would get a full day off, Thank thank you for that. But I would come in. I would be so nervous getting ready to face Jerome Brown, Reggie White self, join her, Clyde Simmons. I'll be so nervous. I will come in and just get extra work out, you know what I'm saying. Just try to make sure my win was right because you always heavy drinking back then, Miss Savannah. Excuse me?
Speaker 3: Did it pay off?
Speaker 2: Yes? He did a lot of time. Yes, it did.
Speaker 3: Make sure off day. You need work for nothing, right, Yeah, we've got Yeah, we had personnel problems yesterday. But Bill Jones will be out for probably the majority of this week because he's in Arizona Phoenix for the Rangers World Series games.
Speaker 2: Great. Great, that's a great thing for the Ranger fans. And I know you guys are Ranger fans, and I'm happy for y'all.
Speaker 3: You didn't watch last.
Speaker 2: Night, sir, I'm glad that you range your fans are really into it.
Speaker 5: Who do you like?
Speaker 2: No one anymore? I used to be a brave fan back in the Smokes days and the Glavin days. But I got here and I did a little radio and I was into the Rangers, and I was, you know, because I think these are the this cowboy fans are number one, number two about Lawyalty. Rangers the number two and Lawyer Sy and I don't know about the Mavericks and in the hockey team where they fans rank out, but that's one and two right there. I know these fans went through stadium changes a lot of years where the management wouldn't helped the team, you know, financially far as getting better players, and they stuck through it all. So I'm happy for them. I'm not a Rangers fan, though, so I don't do the fake. I can't do the fake, even if Chuck Cooperstein would be mad at me, you know, saying playoff anything is better than regular season anything, and I agree with you that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Honestly, last night I was talking to a couple of people.
Speaker 5: It's just incredible.
Speaker 4: The Dallas sports time right now, Yes, just big time.
Speaker 5: With our win on Sunday.
Speaker 4: FC Dallas is in the first round of their playoffs against Seattle. We had the MAVs when their home opener this weekend, and then we had the Stars play last night.
Speaker 5: They won five to three.
Speaker 4: And the Rangers win. So this is just a great weekend for.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes it is.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, everybody won last night except for FC Dallas. The Rangers won, the Mavericks one, the Stars one, the Cowboys one on Sundays. So yeah, big weekend. But anyway, Bill's on assignment. Eversin got called out of town, but we're here, so this is our first chance to talk about Cowboys forty three the Rams twenty and I wanted to get your guys take on that game. If you want to go first. Savannah, I know you were there and keeping an eye on this game along with your other job.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was running around a lot of the game, but from what I saw, I was extremely impressed with Ceedee Lamb. He just was outstanding for us. Twelve receptions, one hundred and fifty eight yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 5: It doesn't get better than that right there. And I really loved his.
Speaker 4: Connection with Dak Prescott this game. And I know a few weeks ago there were some conversations about his ability to get the ball from Dak and they were having a couple of those issues on the offensive side of the ball. But I really think he stepped up and just progressed week after week, and this clearly showed on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Nate, did he do number eighty eight? Proud on Sidy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know. My thing is, you know, I've always from day one when we decided not remember that draft was a all supposed to been for the Cowboys and all defensive draft. You could go in and look at the board and the first five players were all defense, and CD kept falling, and then people steps started doing the numbers, all this guy going, this guy CD will fall to the Cowboys. I mean, it was on fire here here in this region. And when he failed, the Cowboys didn't hesitate. So when you are that sure of a player that's fallen to you, and how this kid have grown over the years, and like last year, I was selling people, give him a chance, give him opportunity, and he grew and he grew, and so when this year when he was disgrenneled, I was glad. I hate to say this don't sound good, but I was glad he was dysgronneled. Get him the ball. I micka tell you, I'm a believer. It's only four or five guys that gets all of the balls for me on this team and everybody else. We'll get to you when we get to you. And I'm just so happy they connected. I am so happy I was.
Speaker 3: I was impressed with the game plan. Yes, I don't know if it was a shift from what we've been seeing, but they had decided that they were going to attack the Rams throwing the football, and obviously it worked. And I thought the biggest thing that came out of this game, you know, Dak had his season high three hundred and four yards total passing four touch which was a season high, and his quarterback rating one thirty three point seven was a season high. Along with what Lamb put down, I asked Brandon Cooks after the game, what did this say about the capabilities of this offense? And he said, and I quote, he said, we continue to grow that confidence in who we thought we could be. And if you think about what everybody thought this offense was going to be coming out of training camp. It's like they're going to put up thirty forty points a game. Well they sort of did, but there was games that, you know, three of the last four they didn't play very well offensively. I know they beat New England badly, but you know, you score sixteen points against Arizona, ten against in the loss of San Francisco, and then even though you beat the Chargers, it was twenty points. So finally it seemed like they got that passing game going. And if this team's going to be successful, that has to happen. And I know it's going to be a big test Sunday in Philadelphia against the Eagles, But I like what I saw from the offense. You got Lamb going, you got Cooks going, you got the tight end going. Nice catch by Ferguson, and everybody's saying, well they need a tight end. No, this kid can play. You just got to get them the ball. Nice route by him. Dak trusted him. Uh So, you know, the only thing I saw a defense offensively that they kind of struggled with was still the running game, especially in the first half.
Speaker 2: Right, But again, they didn't.
Speaker 3: They didn't really lay.
Speaker 2: On it this and I talked a few people because I'm like, is it you know? Is it me? And I like, I like to reach out and touch several people. I don't, you know, you know, we don't. This is the problem we have, is medi you we think we're always right. We can't I reach out out and somebody told me, Nate, they didn't really try to run. Let's stop and think about this. First four players, they had three sacks, but when the smoke cleared, did they go to the run. They continued to pass right, So it ain't like they tried to just pound the ball in there now. And so this is the game plan they went with for the first time that I guess everybody wanted to hear the Cowboys quarterback talk. They turned the TV up loud and we got all here Dak talking and having fun. So this is the game plan. I think they wanted to throw the ball. I think they felt better with their receivers versus their secondary then justa hey, let's just pound the ball up in there and see what we can we get past ninety nine in his game. So I think this is what they wanted to do. They were very successful For one thing. I'm gonna continue to say, Man, whether it's successful to win a game or not win a game, as long as they move around instinctively and do what he does, I think we'll be all right in every game, you know.
Speaker 3: I say that about the run. They did have one hundred and two yards in the end, and some of those carries towards the end were just to kind of burn clock, yes, But the impressive thing was the drive. It was like fifteen sixteen plays, the one that went ninety some yards for.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, for nine minutes and fifty some seconds.
Speaker 5: They had just really long drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I think it went nine minutes and something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that basically took the rams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventeen plays, nine minutes and fifty seconds.
Speaker 3: It was the whole third quarter, yes, basically, And they just kind of ground it out right. And that was impressive. And so the point you made about Dak, I'd been saying this all along. He needs to play football. Yes, it seemed like he was being so automated, you know. And everybody who's making this big deal about getting the ball out in two point three seconds, I don't care how fast you get it out, Just get it out where it's got to go and make sure you're going through your reads right. And I that and a little bit last week against the Chargers. Uh. And I know they called a really good run play. It wasn't like, Okay, he's running the ball a lot, but he was on the move instead of sitting in the pocket and you know, just throwing the ball to throw the ball. Uh. And I think you see him throwing on the run like that. He's really effective. Just play football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're there at the game this event, I mean, what are the fans thinking. I mean, you don't get to hear the fans, Just what do you think? And when when you see this Dak versus the drop back Dak, what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: I think so you know, it goes week after week. I think he since we're going into week nine, I think you know, he's he was a little rocky at the start of the season, and I think he found, especially after the forty nine Ers game, that he needed to step up just a little bit more, find those areas where he needs to move out of the pocket and make some of those runs. And I think it's been working the last couple of games, and I think that they it was a great time for the bye week to come too, because I'm sure that was a topic of discussion, is you know, how can we utilize Dak a little bit more to make those passes and to just move a little bit more, like you said, as a quarterback that just needs to be a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I thought this was a coming out party for not only him CD, but this offense. Now again, he didn't like the way it started, right, that's right. First and foremost. Tyron Smith had missed time misspractice last week after he suffered the stinger on Thursday kind of in his neck, and they thought they were very optimistic about him being able to play in the game. And I guess when they tested the strength in his shoulder before the game, the medical people said, and he was being stubborn. I'm told he wanted to play. He said, I can go, and they were just like, no, we better let it calm down and rest. So a Doga gets in there and the first play of the game he gives up a sack at left tackle. But after that they settled down and the pass protection was much better than it did from the start, and so then a Doga gets hurt sprained ankle, So now you're without your top two guys, and awesome Richards had to go in and play. I think he ended up getting eleven snaps towards the end. When Jerry Jones was asked today about uh the injury report heading forward with the two left tackles, he said he thought it was more than likely that both guys would be available, meaning Tyron and Odoga would be available for the game on Sunday, and he said, at the worst, one of the two should be good to go. So that's kind of good news because I just continue to think if if they suffer a long term injury over there, Tyler Smith's got to move out there. And I don't know how you feel about how you kind.
Speaker 2: Of put your hands because I'm finish, swing on you.
Speaker 3: You don't want you don't want him out there?
Speaker 2: No, let him, let him, let him become. This is what I want for this kid. Don't put him where he belongs. We did that with Tyron. Remember his first year he was a rookie right tackle. The next year he played left tackle, and that was it. If he is our future left I can put him there and let that be it. Make adjustments elsewhere. If Tyron is gonna be out for a long period of time, and if this put him there right, don't don't. I don't like to bounce him back and forth, because when you get into a big time game like we're gonna play coming up or big time playoff game, that continuity means something. It means something, especially against the better teams. That we can get away with it against the lesser teams, but the better teams in the league, they gonna get you. You just pray, you just pray it don't be that one or two plays at a key time in the moment in the game. Excuse me, so you're you're with me. Yeah, if they want to move him out there, move him out there. But if you move him leaving, from that day on, he never goes back inside. You know, I just believe that, don't because he is too valuable a player. You know, I understand people like what they call it position flex. Yeah, No, no, with the offensive lying unless injuries are so bad and devastating that you have to do that. But if they're not, don't do that. Don't do that. That's too valuable. Your quarterback gonna pay for it. I'm telling you, in the long run, your quarterback will pay for it.
Speaker 3: And see, and I think we thought just with them getting their starting five out there that that would solve everything. But those guys hadn't played that much and they're still banged up, right, and then he gets banged up. So the continuity on the offensive line means something.
Speaker 2: It means a whole lot. And I've been you know, and I'm telling you if you don't believe, just go talk to coach. Clara said. They always talking about continuity. He'll he'll look at you like, and you know, I'm.
Speaker 5: Serious, you know, to hold the line together.
Speaker 3: Yes, and even and even though it was only two weeks, and it wasn't a good two weeks, but that's only like two padded practices, yes, right, And so you know, it looked like you can finally get these guys together for three weeks, and then the tyrant injury comes up, and then you got to start making changes. They kind of got off to a false start, but I thought a doga Not only did he pick it up, they started compensating right and putting the tight end over there, giving him some help little double teams, and then I think things kind of smooth out, but we'll see how this week goes. It'd be nice to have those starting five together again. And you know, we forget that even Terrence Steel, he's coming back from an acl.
Speaker 2: That is one guy I'm not gonna judge this year. I don't. I'm seeing what's happening to him. I'm seeing that it ain't always ain't always pretty, but his guy's back out there. He's fighting with everything he's got. He's got to get his flexibility back in that leg. And I'm not I refuse to judge that kid Gallop last year. I'll judge him this year. Last year, I wasn't judging his kid. You talking about a major may your situation, you know, And so I'm not judging. I'll wait till next year four games in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know. And I think I mentioned this on Friday after talking to Zach Martin on Thursday about just getting the five guys back together, and he goes, think about it this way. He goes, if you're doing radio and you're doing it with somebody you never did radio before, you're probably not comfortable. And he knows that's kind of like what happens on the offensive line. We need to be there the combo blocks and get huston each other. Yes, so we'll see where that one goes. And it's going to be even more important this week having to face them.
Speaker 2: I just hope we played recall dottle More and you.
Speaker 3: Want some power running from Donnald and.
Speaker 5: You know one much of that last week too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm with you, Nate. He got five carries, but he had you know, eighteen yards. It probably wasn't enough, but they didn't run the ball that much. He had five carries and Pollard had twelve.
Speaker 2: So that tells me they was not trying to run the ball. Yeah, it was not.
Speaker 4: You know, the passing was working for them, Yes, and they saw that and they just kept rolling with it.
Speaker 3: That's Savannah, Nate Mickey, and we'll continue with mix shots here in a moment.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapt he'll.
Speaker 2: Look full a punch down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 6: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've a achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory dropping, there's no topping of school pepsy.
Speaker 5: Finish nachos better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 9: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swag Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Light and the two America's team playing America his greatest sport. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football, Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 2: To Mix Shots.
Speaker 4: That's right, k Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And we are back on Mix Shots with Mickey, Nate and Savannah as we go through with a kind of a change up line up here. Not bad though, Oh yeah, I got you here, I got you for six, got six eight exactly get We'll get four out of Savannah. Yeah you may going extra anyway, right, but uh so, anyway, we kind of broke down the game. How about special teams? I guess you never realize it until you're real. Right the way those guys played. Sam Williams with a block punt. I told him after the game, I said, you blocked it so badly or good, however you want to say it, that you knocked the ball out of the end zone. That's how free he came, and it ended up being a safety. Then they've got to kick, and Turpin returns to kick sixty three years.
Speaker 5: I was so great right.
Speaker 3: And set them up for an easy touchdown. They get nine points in less than a minute. That was huge. You get the kicker to make two more consecutive field goals to give him eighteen, and now he's tied for the NFL record to start a career on most consecutively made field goals.
Speaker 5: He was my click to pick. He was, and I was so happy.
Speaker 3: We bring that up. Did any of the other of us get anything right?
Speaker 5: Look?
Speaker 4: Honestly, so Bill was the closest in.
Speaker 5: Points.
Speaker 4: He thought it would be thirty seven to seven.
Speaker 5: Oh w cowboys.
Speaker 4: So I mean all the rest of us predicted a very very close margin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I did twenty to seven at seven. I mean twenty seven to.
Speaker 4: Twenty you'd yeah, you did twenty seven to twenty and yeah, I got I got the click to pick, but Bill was closest in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mike, Mike, Mike picked to click, did not click. I think I said it was going to be Dante following you did. Yeah, yeah, I should have picked Sam Williams. But uh but yeah, the special teams, and they've had to compensate now for the loss of C. J. Goodwin, right, and then because they lost Layton Vanderishdimone Clark hasn't played as much on special teams. And I was looking at snaps and the guys on special teams that ended up playing the most, and I've got this fucking turn this page here. Seventy seven percent of the special team snaps ended up being Juwan Thomas, Nathaniel Wright, Mukamu, and Tyros Wheat. And by the way, they finally got Rashawn Evans on the field, the veteran linebacker that they signed. Oh, he ended up with seven defensive snap but forty three percent on special teams. That's pretty good for a veteran guy, right, that's been in the league a while to play that many special team snaps. So yeah, the special teams, I thought, you know, and they almost had another touchdown would have been what eighty seven yards Turpen's return that got called back because Nashwan I said that Nate Wright and Sean Wright got yeah for holding that he didn't need to hold because that guy was never going to be in the play. But yeah, they really stood out. And when you get points on all three phases, you're doing a pretty good job, which brings me to Droan Bland. What is it about some guys that just the ball is there for?
Speaker 2: You know, I talked to coach A. Harris just the other week man, and uh and uh and and there. You know a lot of coaching staffs like to cater to their defenses. What I mean by that is, you need to be here, you need to be there, you need to line up here. These are your keys watching this here. But I think with coach Quinn and coach Al Harris, they go a step further and they're like, hey man, this guy likes to do this. And if you if you get opportunity, you got to make that play. And and and and and Bland is eating it up. You know. Whenever it's a chance to make a play he's there, and he don't, and he does a great job. He don't compromise his position on the receiver, or he don't peak too much at the quarterback as a cornerback, because a lot of guys will get in an angle where they can look at that quarterback now and a double move or quick move can sometimes catch him off guard. But this guy kind of keeps his seven position and when the plays there, he just takes advantage of it. And then coach A. L. Harris say, you know, he kind of teaches that he want his guys, you know, if the player is there, go get the play. You know. Now, the bigger you are, and I mean, blad is becoming a big time thing. So the bigger you are, the more chance you're allowed to take. Now, he didn't he don't tell every guy this. He don't say, hey, Nate, if that play, you know, because Nate can't get there. I don't care if he start, you know, two weeks from now here, I still wouldn't get there, you know. So but uh, some players, you you you begin to trust because you know they understand your defense right, and they got the ability to make the play and he's just one of those guys that can you know.
Speaker 3: I noticed on that play they lined up two wide receivers to the left. They stacked, they stacked, and Cup was inside and they were going to be in man. But what Bland needed to do was be patient, because Cup waited and then cut underneath and went out and he didn't gamble. He saw what was coming and he said, okay, I got this baby.
Speaker 2: Well, normally, what Cup was trying to do when the other guy broke inside, what he was trying to do was get a pick, yes, an air pick. What he was trying to do is make this guy that cut cut the dB that cut cut his guy off, and he was hoping he will go over top and he couldn't get back. It's just an air pick. He couldn't get back, but he faked like he was finn to go out there and just shot underneath. I'm like, okay, you played the play, bro you right, you trick the tricker. You know what I'm saying. So wow, it was It was nice because they was normally that second dB gets burned right on that stacked look. But he played it right. He was patient, Yes, yes, sir, he played it right.
Speaker 3: And he and he waited until they cleared and he said, okay, I'm going here. Uh so a fourth fourth interception this year, third in his career, returned for a touchdown, which is rather amazing how he just finds ball. I believe now he's second in interceptions in the league.
Speaker 2: Four another guy got six, five or six.
Speaker 3: I think I think the other guy got six and so so. Yeah, you know when everybody's worrying about what they were going to do without Digs. Now what happens when you lose a guy like Diggs. Now you're one less in the depth of that cornerback position.
Speaker 2: And I think I think you push you. I think it hurt. It hurts your pass rush too, you know, because that quarter because what Diggs and all those other guys when they were jumping routes they were they was taking away that first move and every time that quarterback has to go to another read, that gives you defense another step coming towards you. Now, quarterbacks, you know, over time, will get a little bit more. I didn't know how valuable Diggs was, you know, but I see now because just I was telling the guys on our show, what if Diggs was still here? And Blaing was getting better and better because he was already a great slot corner. What if he was still that slot corner, how nasty this thing would be and our sacked total, I believe would be up by two or three more sacks.
Speaker 3: So you think that's affected, yes, sir the past. Yes, affected the pass rush, but it's not as potent because yes, I'm telling you the coverage.
Speaker 2: It all connects once you get up a super defensive backfield that can take away that first option. You know, because Al Harris is showing, hey, this is just what the quarterback looking at. If you could jump that first option, he goes to that next one. That's darn bland. You go from what you're outside guy, you look at your slot, then you go over to your tight end or somewhere. But that guy ain't there either. Yeah, now you think Michael Parsons ain't bout there. By the end, Michael Parterson's is about there, you know. And all we need to do is for Sam Williams to really really lock in on football all the time doing football season and he could be a beast. Right.
Speaker 4: So I have a fun stat that I read for darn plan. So his his three pick sixes. He has caught more passes for a touchdown than DeVonta Smith, T Higgins, Tyler Lockett, Jalen Waddle, and Calvin Ridley this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty amazing, huh. And you know what, and if you looked at what opposing quarterbacks were doing, they were starting to pick on Jordan Lewis out of the slot.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I think the more he's played, he's kind of getting back to where he was before he suffered the injury last year. So it's a pretty darn good threesome. But again, after that, you know, you better not suffer another injury because then you're down to right. And even you know, in training camp when they had some injuries, c J. Goodwin was playing a little more corner than they had. I asked about Eric Scott and I was told just not quite ready yet. The guy they traded up for in the sixth round to draft. So Baltimore's stone and sorry I don't know his first name. He leads the league with five interceptions, but Bland with three touchdowns on interceptions. Think about this, All these guys are ranked in the top Oh, I don't know, They've got about thirty guys, right, Nobody has more than one interception for a touchdown, and one of them, by the way, is Slave Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Big play Slave.
Speaker 3: And then Brown in Seattle has won and that's it. So just think of the magnitude that what he's doing so far, you know, and I know one of the balls was tipped, the first one, but he's by the football. It's just amazing.
Speaker 2: You know what, I promise you the fans that didn't see it, ain't accent. Was the ball tipped. Yeah, that's why I tell you about wins at the end of the year. If you happen to be twelve or thirteen wins, ain't nobody coming. But you know what, back on September this day, that boy didn't I ain't think about that game, getting interception, make the play.
Speaker 3: And that's what the Cowboys did offensively. Defensively, they only had one lapse defensively the end of the first half, in the beginning of the second half when the Rams doubled up and got within two scores, and then came that ninety some yard drive right that ate up the whole third fourteen.
Speaker 2: Plays, nine minutes and fifty seven second.
Speaker 6: I love that the long one.
Speaker 3: He's got it memorized too, because that's discipline.
Speaker 2: That's discipline that you know, being disciplined, you know, not giving, not having a lot of penalties, not hurting yourself. That's that's discipline. We back in our day and I I don't like to talk about our day, but you know my day, brother, but that that's man, we would hurt folks, and that late in that third or the beginning of that fourth. For late and that fourth, we would crush folks for eight minute drives. Yes, that take the life. You can just see the deepest line of light. You know. They looking at these again, Yeah, yeah, looking at them. You be like you just be sitting on and just smiling, like, well, don't matter. You've got those sacks already, do it now. It don't really matter anymore, does it.
Speaker 3: Like that cowboys offense, we just ate up the second segment right now, so we'll be back on mickshots in a moment.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 9: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can Crack's a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swag Brisky in the Smoker, Miller Light and the Cup the America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time. Celebrate responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flapped.
Speaker 2: He'll love for a perch down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 5: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 6: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: Mixed shots.
Speaker 4: Your Dallas Cowboys had to Philly to take on the Eagles in week nine. On November fifth, come out to Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium for a free watch party presented by seven to eleven. Cheer on the Boys alongside the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and rowdy while enjoying five dollars Miller.
Speaker 5: Lights, food trucks, and more.
Speaker 4: Gates open at two pm and kickoff is at three twenty five. For more information and to claim your free watch party ticket, visit dallascowboys dot com slash watch Party Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: You want to go out to the watch party?
Speaker 2: Uh Na, I'd be here. You got a little work, Yeah, I do some work, man. I tailor this right here. Uh, this is this, This is this game. It should be fun. But this is where I'm talking about this upcoming game. This is where, uh, my nightmare may be coming to maybe coming to my doorsteps. Because I've been trying to preach to everyone about center guard play and how it makes it easier for your tackles. This week here, our tackles may have to stand alone because they got three men in the middle a beast.
Speaker 3: You can't give the outside guys doorstep.
Speaker 2: My nightmare is coming to my doorstep. Man, Halloween a week late.
Speaker 3: Wow, you got their depth chart there, don't you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: It's Jalen car, Jordan Davis, and Fletcher Cox and then and then stay Hot Sauce is a guy named Hassan Read that's they Hot Sauce.
Speaker 2: And when they get too sweated. They got one of those to wipe off too. So come on, man, if you don't know these animals, you will. It's who so nit.
Speaker 4: You asked me the week of the forty nine Ers game, you said, is this game a test or is this game a challenge?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 2: This is a challenge? This is an NFC East you I'm listening to every show. Oh, we've beat the Eagles, this, this, this, and this. I understand y'all. But one thing they have on us they have played and conquered. Now, we have played in at first games, but we have not conquered. They have played in at first games and they have conquered. We have to know that adversity is going to be coming around every corner, and we got to limited early against the Rams, but we overcame it real quick. We got it against the forty nine Ers with a bad call against the Curse and we didn't overcome it. We're gonna have a bad call of too in this game. We got to overcome it. Our adversity is a part of the game. And to me, I understand that coach McCarthy could not go deep when okay, game over, he had to treat the forty nine ers game over. He may have to treat this game like this too, but the difference is you will see them again. So game just can't be over. Go out there and be your best, and whatever happens happened, we'll live with it. But don't don't. Don't let him catch you napping. Don't let him catch you napping, you know.
Speaker 3: And this was the game that I was hoping for last year in the playoffs. Yes, because if you think about it, the first game when Philadelphia beat the Cowboys twenty seven our twenty six seventeen, Dak Prescott didn't play right.
Speaker 5: It was not at home or away.
Speaker 2: That was the at home. Oh, that was the away game.
Speaker 3: Away game, and Cooper Rush was the quarterback and with halfway through the fourth quarter, it was twenty seventeen, by the way, before Philadelphia scored that touchdown late with like seven minutes to go in the game. Then it reversed when they played here because Jalen Hurts didn't play, but Dak played. His Cowboys ended up beating him forty to thirty four. The game was tied thirty four thirty four, the Cowboys drove for a field goal forty eight yards from some guy named mar and then Bland had an interception right after that, and they kicked another field goal and got it to forty thirty four. So I was thinking, okay, now, how about we get in the playoffs and Hurts and Dak go at each other in the same game. Well, this is the next chance that those two guys get to play against each other. It's up there. That place will be rocking, I guarantee you. But again, one of the good things that happened to the Cowboys in this last game, and I thoroughly believe this. To make the Cowboys defense better, they have to get off to a good start and score points, which they did against the Rams, scored on their first couple possessions in that game. And you make the other quarterback play from behind. And we've seen now at San Francisco kind of on a downslide here when Rock Purdy has to play from behind, he has struggled. So again, get off to a good start. And by the way, we didn't mention this. Today's the trade deadline three p Central time. Can Jerry Jones said that he didn't see anything in the works. That doesn't mean nothing can pop up. But, as he pointed out, these trades can't just go down in one hour because you've got so many things to adjust. When it comes to contracts.
Speaker 2: He can actual extens you own, it's gonna be it's gonna be sixty five degrees sunday. Let me say this right here, this trades don't make your team trade. I'm being honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, you're right.
Speaker 2: What we need will costs too much. We need so enough bona fide offensive lineman. Do you know teams to say, Okay, I'll give you this guy. Give me a first, give me a first, give me a third. And plus you know his contract up.
Speaker 3: This year, right right, that's why he's available.
Speaker 2: So go out there and and and get awesome Richards, right, go out there and get a doga right until the end of the season. Uh okay, now we may need a bona fide show. Enough, go get her defensive linement. You can have him. You're gonna give me a second, you're gonna give me a fifth. And by the way, he's in his fifth year, so you're gonna have to pay and that what that's too much? Man?
Speaker 3: The Giants got to Williams.
Speaker 2: Yes, fifth, Yes, So you don't don't, don't worry about it. Just coach what you got.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Actually, guys to study a little harder and be a little bit meaner. Now, the one guy that I want him to go get, I can't mention his name, but he would cost too much, so let it go. We already got the guy and his name is Rico Dondle. Give him the ball.
Speaker 5: You heard it here from Nate.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you know and and and you're right. And to me, if somebody was giving me a sweetheart deal on a cornerback, I'd be okay with that because free and it's not right. But again, it's not for now, it's for next year, right, because Diggs is coming back off his A C L right.
Speaker 2: And he'll go right back to his position.
Speaker 3: Jordan Lewis is your slot in his last year this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But see the thing is, I'm already gonna put it together.
Speaker 3: Gilmore will be one year deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll be gone, right, he'll be a backup because you moving playing to the other side. If we can get Lewis. Now you got your three horses. Yeah, there something go with Lewis and you got the best slot on in the game, right and playing now now we say your mom, sorry you said that on mixed shots and you come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can I get one more year from you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But again, if you had an opportunity now at a corner and somebody was just trying to unload them, yes, then it's like, okay, I can I can deal with that. Yes, And as long as the money's right and they're not asking for a first round pick.
Speaker 2: This this team, this team. I went through the up and down, but I come to my senses. This team has not lost nothing from from training camp to now. We lost Diggs, now that's a big loss, but we've not lost nothing. We still have a shot at the NFC Championship game. We have not lost enough where we don't have a shot at the end. What's amazing me is the forty nine ers beat us to death, but put too much into us because they seem they can't get themselves back going, you know, they riding on. Yeah. Yeah. So now we're the second best team in the NFC. It's us in Detroit fighting for his second best and if things go right, we'll be in the power rank as the number one. I don't do power rings. I'm talking in my mind because I'm a cowboy fan. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a good one. And you know, on the other the other loss they've had, it's it's temporary. Was Leyton vander Esh they've played with him, and they got to play with them two more games. But Marquis Bell has stepped up in that linebacker spot. And in these two games that he's played more than fifty percent of the snaps, he's finished second in each game in the number of tackles. He had seven last week to Dumont Clark had eight, and this week he had six to whoever had seven. Let me say that he's been pretty good.
Speaker 2: Let me in this, Savannah, trust, big fag. I let me tell you this. It ain't about and vander Resh, it ain't about Bill and I love it. It ain't about Clark, it's about Hankins, it's about Gallimore, and it's about Mazie. How about yeah, Osa, he's in a class by itself. He's coming. I just need to be a little bit more consistent. I need him to be a little bit more consistent, because he'll pop three or four big plays and then he'll come. He'll become a guy. You can't he's better than that. If these four guys play, it don't matter who had the linebacker. Trust me when I tell you that, because when.
Speaker 5: You have an up front, they're making those tops.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. So now we're finish, coming to a team that's got a running game and they gonna run.
Speaker 3: Now we have to shut down the now don't matter.
Speaker 2: It's them four guys that I mentioned, they gonna make the difference.
Speaker 3: Because yes, honestly, and by the way, I was just gonna double check because I thought Mazzi's snaps have increased. He had eighteen in this last game, and I think he even had a tackle. I heard it.
Speaker 2: I saw him. I saw the tackle. I saw I saw it. I okay, Marzie, Okay. My thing is, let's let's panic. I'm all about it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm all about it when when we when we don't win, you know, I'll go on TV and I'll say nice things and then me and my wife get home and we'll just eat the Cowboys alive. Oh I'm a fan. I've been one of theouth eleven years old. So oh yeah, I go up and down right. So, but what reality is, we're five and two I'm correct. Who else is five and two? It's only one team six and one, seven and one seventy one, so who else?
Speaker 3: There are six teams including the Cowboys right now with no more than.
Speaker 2: Two losses, thank you.
Speaker 4: And Lions are six and two right, yeah they won last night or six and yeah, six and two and come on now.
Speaker 3: We need to save some of that for tomorrow because the same threesome will be back here on mixed shots.
Speaker 2: Well we want I'm on again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You are on again tomorrow.
Speaker 2: What is Everson?
Speaker 3: And he said he was out for three days?
Speaker 5: Come on, he's back in New Mexico.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, hides out in New Mexico. You know where the spaceships land. I think he has something to do with some of that.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's in New Mexico and spaceships right, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Producer Supreme has allowed us to go overtime here.
Speaker 2: That's right, going into my show.
Speaker 3: Good you're good, Now, you're.
Speaker 5: Warmed up, you got you're gonna have it.
Speaker 3: All right, Savannah? Thanks, uh, we'll be back tomorrow on mix shots here on dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 1: Think this has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com. And the Dallas Cowboys Football Club