Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This is Hanging with the Boys, presented by windstuff where flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 3: Gross hop day.
Speaker 4: Look alive. The Tostitos Championship flows outside Ford Center at Star Crystal, Texas, where it is a windy sixty degrees. The highest sixty three, the low is thirty four.
Speaker 5: Our energy is good today.
Speaker 6: My energy is going.
Speaker 5: Your energy is good. This is Kurt, that is Nate, He is Shannon. We got Chris Beam in the back keeping us up. I am energetic, Zaddy Holly. Today together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalent the brow people.
Speaker 7: When they run over folks.
Speaker 4: When we speak to each and every day by wingstop or flavor gets it we.
Speaker 6: The juice is kicked in.
Speaker 5: Y I had I had a good I had a good blend this morning. I had a good blend.
Speaker 6: Keep it going.
Speaker 5: A lot of the dark I go. I like to go with the dark fruits of your blackberries. And blueberries or strawberries, raspberries. The darker fruits have more B twelve, so get you and it will be twelve. Gets my energy level up, So I go with I go with the darker juice.
Speaker 6: How may how much juice? Can you drink a day? As much as you want? Or do you have to cap it at a certain amount?
Speaker 5: I mean as needed? I guess yeah, good today? Do I thank you? I feel I feel good today like I feel.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 2: Know, even though we you know, our bosteric Eagleson tried to trip up our show and started late. Can't do that. He has a daughter that attends the University of Columbia.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm just give her tour of the building, giving her she's smart. Yeah, she's smart.
Speaker 5: She got she got her intelligence from mom. Yeah, yeah, definitely got her intelligence from mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean what about you, Kurt? I mean your kids? Yeah?
Speaker 6: What do your kids look like? Do they favor you or your your wife?
Speaker 9: I have one who's real close looking to me, and then two definitely look like their mom. The third is kind of a mix.
Speaker 7: Is the one that definitely looked like you. Does he talk a lot?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 11: No, it's my daughter. Actually, she's kind of like me.
Speaker 9: She talks to people's she talking there, you go pretty quiet?
Speaker 6: Wow, what about you, Chris? Your kids both look just like your wife, don't they?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 5: Thank god, thank.
Speaker 2: God, but they feel this man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, going back tomorrow, tomorrow, going to the Dennis tomorrow.
Speaker 5: You have really had out. This is like four sessions for you.
Speaker 4: Now, this is this, This is what one was.
Speaker 2: Least was evaluation, what street this is off of your Dennis?
Speaker 6: What street it's up up in Frisco, like off Main I think?
Speaker 7: Yeah. They had some like detrour signs a guy with.
Speaker 4: The first was an evaluation in the then the second one was to tell you how bad it was.
Speaker 6: It's so bad.
Speaker 4: We're gonna fix this half the mouth one trip, this half the mouth the other trip, and then we're gonna get you to come back, make.
Speaker 6: Sure nothing else is wrong.
Speaker 7: Yeah wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Meddles are good.
Speaker 4: Mentals are great. I mean, the cowboys are going to this at least at least Santa Clara.
Speaker 6: How could we not be great? How's y'alls mental in dentals? Wait to lay out? Yeah? Thanks a lot.
Speaker 5: My dent tools are good. Yeah. You know what's funny? Like because I'm not I'm not eating anything like the when you wake up in the morning, your breath doesn't smell as bad, Like you don't have the film, you know what I mean, because there's not there's nothing getting stuck in.
Speaker 7: We didn't need that one. No, I do smell.
Speaker 5: I was like, you know, I was like, you.
Speaker 6: Know, mom, you don't smell in the morning.
Speaker 5: Your breath doesn't smell in the morning.
Speaker 6: I don't have bad You haven't been in the dinner.
Speaker 5: Since six years. You're telling me your breath doesn't smell in the morning.
Speaker 6: Is that I've been breathing it so long.
Speaker 5: I think your beard like like filters, it filters.
Speaker 7: So by you not talking a lot, how does it go for you?
Speaker 5: That might make your breath stink more because your mouth is Ye, you're good.
Speaker 11: I get it kissed goodbye in the morning, so.
Speaker 5: That's all that matters. You get it one at night too.
Speaker 6: Do for a haircut, Kurt?
Speaker 11: I am?
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 6: Actual's like it's like you look like a feather duster.
Speaker 5: What you call it? How about you?
Speaker 11: Bro me?
Speaker 2: I'm good, bro fat mane eating all the time. It ain't no time to smell it all the time to eat, so that whatever the last thing. That's what it smelled like.
Speaker 6: How about you, Chris?
Speaker 7: You good? Yep?
Speaker 6: You eat a cookie? Is it a good cookie?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Eminem cookie is, We're good like? Those are second.
Speaker 4: Those are third best to the fruit loop cookie, the fruity pepple cookies, and then the what is the crushed Oreo cookie? Yeah, they got a good one, and then the and then the eminem cookie.
Speaker 6: Those are the order and then the oatmeal raising.
Speaker 7: Which them cookies that come with the look white cream that they.
Speaker 6: Oh that's too much?
Speaker 5: You like that right now?
Speaker 6: The cream pie cookies too much?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 5: It is a couple what, yes, it is, Derek just said. Derek just saying, we got to relate in trouble.
Speaker 6: Don't get how do y'all like how we just ran him out of here?
Speaker 4: He's the boss, but we owned this, We owned the studio from one to one.
Speaker 5: Boss. That is Shy Girls speaking for Shanning girls. He is not speaking.
Speaker 6: Wow man, I just oh you ready talk for no?
Speaker 5: No, I have I have my invoice in for December, so don't you're not gonna delay my invoice. I'm just just I'm.
Speaker 7: Liking how this going, man. And then you must be rich.
Speaker 6: You don't need that December money. You must be doing all right, Jesse, I said money.
Speaker 5: In daily.
Speaker 6: No chance, Big Rob hates me.
Speaker 4: Robs t dos I gotta eat.
Speaker 7: I got a kid, k man, I'm still on that old I gotta do it.
Speaker 5: Y'all get paid for this, y'all wonder I don't say nothing.
Speaker 6: Oh man, all right, let's talk a little football.
Speaker 5: Pay me by the word lot of the old lord.
Speaker 4: Oh nfl p A all protein came out today, voted on by the players.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, who is it you want to guess? Do you know? Give me your guesses. There's one, two, three.
Speaker 5: There's someone who's not on that list that you won. Five five?
Speaker 7: Let me say, this is how many defense.
Speaker 6: Let's see one one that's surprising.
Speaker 7: How many?
Speaker 5: How many one defense? One special team?
Speaker 7: M hmm. I can't guess, bro, I really can't because I know I miss it all of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is one that's not on there that you would probably bet money that one defensive guy you would think would obviously would be Michael Parsons.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: No, I had my man whose defensive back? I had him A single guy he made defense.
Speaker 4: Your special teams guy is the guy that missed two kicks last week.
Speaker 5: It was perfect up until the last moment.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you, man much deserved and then ceedee Lamb, Tyler Smith and Zach Martin.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you why and and and players say they all about unity. They all love all that's all you know. We got this uh, this bond around the league. Man, if you're a cowboy and you make too much noise, it's some secret hate.
Speaker 7: Gord that it's always some secret hate you come about with other players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, and I felt it more when we when I was out of foot ball than when I was in football.
Speaker 7: Everybody because everybody you know, all that the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then when you get when you get out of football, the cowboys ain't the loved as you sow.
Speaker 6: These lists in the NFL p A.
Speaker 4: So that that that's practice players, that's anybody that's on the roster, right, So it's all all the players.
Speaker 9: Vote on the guys at their position or like a center would only vote for centers, or like nose tackles in tier defensive.
Speaker 2: Guys or so what they had, Michael is the linebacker, defensive end. See that that's that's what what do they have.
Speaker 5: In mass The two guys that went in front of him was Miles Garrett and Max Crosby.
Speaker 9: They categorize them as ed rushers edge rushers, so he would have fallen into that group, which I mean, Garrett and Crosby are good, but I don't know if they're as good.
Speaker 7: As Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Crosby nah, because the edge should go And people don't like this, but the edge you go to the winning team should goes to the winning team because just like Crosby impacts his team, this guy impacts his team and his last three games. And you know what, I'm speaking with a double tongue, because Crosby does play both run and pass equally well. And then but parsonally just waited to the last three or four games really pick up his run run defense. So you know, maybe it is the right call for the players who do play.
Speaker 5: Is there something too, and maybe you can attribute to if you like, attribute it to the non holding calls that he hasn't received. But there there is a point in time where like Micah always takes a dip, like he always has this lull in the season where he's like trending trending, trending the hill like he'll just kind of like fade off a little bit. You know, it's not doesn't get the sacks, doesn't get you know, the pressures and stuff like that, and then he'll pick it back up again. Am I offense saying that? No?
Speaker 2: No, when you try and see three five weeks, if I wouldn't have been fighting for him. But when you I always have a in my small mind a way I think a player should play from the great players that I've played with. And when you start comparing yourselves or you project yourself that you can be this great these great players, I start seeing you in that way, and if you don't perform that way, then I don't.
Speaker 7: I'm not I'm not down with you. And you and you're running your mouth. But this kid is.
Speaker 2: You go checking stats and you go look at him on the film these last three or four games, and I know they probably did the voting away before this. The kid has been a part of the run defense, he's been a part of those pressures and sacks. Now he's even more harder to stop. So you know, I'll get on your bandwagon if you you know, if you know, But the Holy thing. I ain't a rough so I can't, you know, But I just think if you I've seen film, we've seen it Green Bay. I see dudes flails and Mike, you got to learn how to do that, bro, you got to learn how to do.
Speaker 7: It convincing it.
Speaker 2: You got to learn how to roll on the ground and cry like the rest of them do. I see it every week, just just probably seeing two it guys just.
Speaker 9: Almost the opposite way where he's he's chirping at the rest so much or kind of like an NBA guys. You know, they get sick of it. I wondered if it was that was the case, or like we're tired of this.
Speaker 7: I don't, I don't, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, I've seen the kid get some egregious holdings on it.
Speaker 7: Sure you know I've seen that. But uh, the thing is what you're gonna do?
Speaker 5: That's my phone, don't worry about that was.
Speaker 7: What that was what I thought. I thought computer ahead and got you know.
Speaker 5: What that was?
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: The funny thing is, I don't even know.
Speaker 6: You turn and look at the tvah.
Speaker 5: I didn't know what that was.
Speaker 6: Those TV house speakers.
Speaker 5: I didn't know what that was, but I just.
Speaker 7: You know, get through this year, have a great playoffs.
Speaker 2: A lot of guys don't know you can set the tone through playoffs. Let's say Michael come out there, have him a couple of sacks each game, get him three or four tackles for losses. That's gonna that's gonna lock into people's mind and.
Speaker 7: They ain't gonna forget it. Then when he started that next year, boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: And I matured another year and I got a little more man man on him, you know.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, all right, let's take our first break.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we will talk Cowboys offense, Packers defense.
Speaker 6: Somebody asked me today what the mood was in the building and with you know, the fan base and the you know, just.
Speaker 4: How what the expectation was, and I was like, I said, I think that I think the expectation for the first time since I've been around the team is if you don't make it to the NFC Championship game, it's a letdown because usually there it's like, well we get past the first round, then you got you got Philly, you know, and this, I think this is the first I want to get y'alls take on that, because I feel like there's a clear path for the first time, you know, well besides two thousand. But I feel like the fan base is bought in and like that now anything less than then FC Championship game is like bust.
Speaker 5: And then.
Speaker 6: There's always been doubt around Dak winning the big games.
Speaker 4: And you've got two big games before you get the NFC Championship game. And I don't feel I don't feel like our fan base is doubting Dak like they used to. And I want to get your thoughts on that is is that stigma? Has he put that to rest the last few weeks or is there still the uh?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Dak can't.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he can win the big one. We'll see when we came back on hang In with the Boys.
Speaker 12: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamolea made with real hals avocados, will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 5: Grab some today.
Speaker 13: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and ods with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 14: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a diehard fan or a don't real a care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan, Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan, The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to so whether you're a Here of you Week fan or haven't been here in years. Fan seat Geek has you covered? Download the Sea Geek after day Sea Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 5: How's wing Stop sound?
Speaker 15: Crispy juicy classic wings made to order, cooked to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying plamers paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range and of course spicy Cajun fried cool.
Speaker 5: I think you've heard enough, don't flavor?
Speaker 15: Delivered at Winstop dot Com.
Speaker 3: Back Hanging with the boards.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: Second segment brought to you each and every day by Blockchain. Do lock it up Baby, Thank you Blockchain. We all to get you a sponsorship for blockchain.
Speaker 2: Block blockchain on behalf of block block chain.
Speaker 5: What's what's that? Read a e eighty seven seven? What's what? What's that?
Speaker 11: Radio?
Speaker 8: For the.
Speaker 4: I got a question on that because I heard I heard that in the car the other day and I was how many takes did that take you?
Speaker 6: And were you reading? Were you? I read it and then I read it twice and it was to no way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I've tried to get you to do a ten second video for social media before, and it took us eighty seven track calls.
Speaker 7: I cannot steal.
Speaker 2: I cannot pronounce Guaki Yarrow, Collapo Mocha.
Speaker 6: Remember that two years ago, Karrol guacamole.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: I can't pronounce it. I can eat it, and I've met many of.
Speaker 4: But I mean that commercial was like spot on, you didn't you could have been the commercial.
Speaker 6: You didn't Jack pronounce.
Speaker 7: It, but that we should have let me do it that way.
Speaker 6: I heard that. I was like, there's no way he got this in one tape.
Speaker 2: Hey, Scott Hersell, can we talk about the cheering that just and all of us is gonna be doing?
Speaker 7: Action boss?
Speaker 6: D oh Yeah, when are y'all doing that today?
Speaker 5: I think so sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I'm doing tomorrow. I brought my work clothes again.
Speaker 6: Chris is white out at the stadium this weekend, Right, there's a white what Sunday white? Yeah, everybody's white. Everybody's wearing white.
Speaker 4: So where you're white, if you're going to the white jerseys and white T shirts, if you go into.
Speaker 6: The game this weekend like a bunch of painters out.
Speaker 4: There, yep, where you idiots white shoes, Kurt, you know where you're white while you're sure working at home for the Okay, back to the question, would y'all agree that the the expectation now is NFC Championship Game or bust.
Speaker 6: That's your expectations, your expectations super Bowl. But I'm talking about like the fan.
Speaker 4: Base and just the vibe you get in the building and everybody expects them to get.
Speaker 7: I don't care what.
Speaker 2: Everybody they can build it, but I don't care what.
Speaker 7: You're the only.
Speaker 4: Reasonable person in this room right now that's not a former player. Do you feel that way the fan base employees?
Speaker 11: Losing the division round again after this season, it's.
Speaker 4: Speaking, Hey, god forbid, if you lose before then, yeah, like we don't even put that in the universe.
Speaker 6: So yeah, okay, So that's the that's the vibe with.
Speaker 9: All the if they have to reach the defense the NFC Championship Game, if they got beat by the forty nine ers in San Francisco, I think for the most part, the fans are going to be like, you know.
Speaker 6: But anything less, like oh my god, yeah, it's anything terrible. They suck. They couldn't do this they Yeah, so what about Dak.
Speaker 4: It seems like the Dak talk, you know, every years he can't win the big one and can't do this and can't do that. And I haven't heard any of that in the last four or five six weeks.
Speaker 9: We still get some emails sometimes from fans and they're just Dak could walk on water and they're not gonna like him.
Speaker 11: It's just the way it is.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I think for the most part, he's surpassed. I think people are confident in him, and he's had a great year. So why wouldn't you You know, what.
Speaker 6: Do y'alls take on that? As as former players?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he has to begin to take the like the step because we're talking about year eight, right, some about year eight for Dak. This is not year you know two or three, like like like rock parties in year three, rights some of the quarterbacks in these early part of the seasons, you kind of like, well, I don't really know what the expectations are. It could go one way, it couldn't go We.
Speaker 6: Can still develop it and can progress.
Speaker 5: In year eight. There needs to be there, There needs to show, There needs to be tangible evidence that we can see that, all right, we are finally here and to your point, the road has been paved to your destination. And it looks fairly not I should say fairly easy, but it looks doable. It looks it's looked more doable now than it has in a while. And if you happen to just so happen, have the Niners slip up and get beat by the Rams, then it looks even more rosier and paid than gold. But at the end of the day, the quarterback is going to be where this thing is won and lost, right, Like it's gonna come down to that. It's gonna come down as he's able to get this team over the hump. He needs it for hisself and his contract. He needs it for the team's sake. I think Mike McCarthy needs it for his job because if they go out there they layer egg on Sunday and lose that game. Oh yeah, I'm not saying Mike McCarthy set is hot. I'm saying that there's a there's a hair trigger eject button next to it, though to see itself is not hot, right because, like Jerry said, there's another year in this contract. If it all goes well, we'll bring him back for another year. But if you fumble the bag week week one of the playoffs, boy, yeah, boy, that's a that's a tough pill to swallow from Jerry Jones' perspective, and it's gonna fall on the shoulders of Dark Prescott.
Speaker 6: Breaking news, Chris, what do we have?
Speaker 10: Pete Carroll has been let go by the Seattle Seahawks, who which that's.
Speaker 5: Really big breaking?
Speaker 10: And the reason why is because Ian Rapp Report just tweeted Cowboys Dan Quinn would quickly be considered a strong candidate to replace Pete Carroll.
Speaker 4: Wow, I didn't see that one. Didn't see that one coming. I thought you there was another coach.
Speaker 5: I thought you was that mutual?
Speaker 10: They just said it says that he could probably stay on as a Yeah, it's in a different capacity, but they're moving on as him as the head coach.
Speaker 5: That's a shocker. That's a shocker. That's a shocker. I wasn't. That wasn't on my Bengo card for twenty twenty four. Coach, you will get fired.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry about the bird before I asked that question.
Speaker 6: My bad, Nate. How do you feel about dak this year?
Speaker 7: Love it?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 7: Everything about it.
Speaker 2: This is the Dack that I thought we missed three or four years of development and growth, you know, him being able to use his legs in a positive way, not to run and I IVE been saying for three or four years just to move around to get old secondary receivers a chance when you really understand the offense. And maybe I'm a little bit off course is just, but when you really understand offense, sometime you know that that second or that third option may need a little help or a little time and getting open it. You may need to find another window to get that ball through. And he's doing just enough to make that happen. And I see what he has been saving the offensive line two or three times in major situations and games. Remember when he threw that big bomb the CD he almost got sacked in the backfield against Miami.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's Detroit. Yeah, I don't know what fifty five was looking at the right, know how that was in the say he got out of there.
Speaker 2: And that is the dack that I thought that was two or three years and arrived.
Speaker 7: And uh maybe it was.
Speaker 2: The injury combined with uh, you know, not understanding the offense when you have no game plan going into the offense.
Speaker 7: Just this guy gonna be opening.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit more than that, I think to most coaches offenses.
Speaker 7: And so I'm loving it.
Speaker 5: Loving it.
Speaker 11: McCarthy's doing anything.
Speaker 2: I think to help the mcarthy. What's the quarterback coach? That is just the thing. And then him mature and then you might jes you to sit here. And I used to be like, when is Dak You know when it you know, Dak sees now like you know what. I think he understood it before, but now I think he brillily like you know what, I understand what you want, coach, But I know what I can do now. I know how I can I can function now. And he's doing it with confidence his decision making, he's doing it with confidence. I'm this Dak here, like I tell you, as long as he is smart enough, he's been saving off his line, the bottom line, he's been doing a great job. Him and Tony Pollard and now ric o'donald. I've seen him picking up some things. Yeah, yeah, I mean it's been a team fel And and Dak been at the top of it. The question is still gonna be, like Jesse said, I mean, he just said directly. I'm gonna say it directly. Can you get to the next.
Speaker 4: Level speaking of the sticking with the offense and talking about the run game. So Dallas's run game isn't the best, right, And we always say on this show, you can go on the road and win with what run game and defense?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 6: You got the defense.
Speaker 4: Well, now you've got two home games, right, and you're averaging eighty eight yards per game rushing per game against teams that are in the playoffs this year, so less than one hundred yards a game? Can you win? Can you win game? Can you get to where you need to go with the run game in the state because at this point it kind of is what it is. We're not expecting Tony Pollard to rip off one hundred and thirty yards a game. And now if they use him the right way, I think we all agree he needs more touches, but get creative and do all that. But I mean, can they sustain playoff success with the way the run game is?
Speaker 2: This is what I believe and I've always believed it. Whether it is why I receive a running back? Are you a quarterback? You need a dictator, You need a dictator okay, Kim Jong and.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 2: And what I mean by that is a guy that can dictate coverage from his position. Ceedee Lamb can do it from the outside, he can do it from slot. Even when he run up the line up in the backfield those one or two times, it always two sets of eyes on him, depending on where he's at the defensive corner and say, hey, if he goes here, this is how we can do this, and this is how we can do that. Especially especially in pasting situations, you have to know where this kid is.
Speaker 7: That now that gives Cook a chance. Now that gives further a chance to be who they are.
Speaker 2: You know that just throwing to the open man when you one thing about being in the playoffs, and especially if the Cowboys can get.
Speaker 7: Past this round.
Speaker 2: Now you're playing the best of the best, regardless of whether it's the NFC or the AFC, You're playing the best of the best. You getting the best third corner, You're getting the best fourth corner.
Speaker 7: As a team, these are the best you're gonna face.
Speaker 2: So now, I really, I really don't deal with h fourth and field for civers. If it ain't the first, a second or maybe the third you're throwing the ball to him, because this is how we're gonna have to win. Now if you can make sure that the dictator has got enough attention over there. Now, this is where Cook and this is where your run game can come in. And I'm saying Cook, because he's gonna have to keep that thing honest for us. Cook gonna have to keep it honest him either the big tight end. But now you get creative with your run game with Tony, and now you can do something.
Speaker 6: So you're saying, because CD demands.
Speaker 4: Yes, acknowledgment, double coverage, whatever that is, no matter where he lines up, because now they've run some stuff out of the backfield with him.
Speaker 6: That free your run game up to be to.
Speaker 7: Be more game.
Speaker 2: But what you have to do the caveat Darist you have to be You have to be successful. You can't throw something out there to c then we miss, you know, even even they want but one yard, two yards, three yards, because he's a threat. You gotta be successful in what you're trying to do because if you're not successful, now you start trying to play it by the chains. I don't think when I look at Green Bay defense, when I look at Green they got two. They got they got guys that can get sacks, but they give up one hundred and what twenty something yards rushing.
Speaker 7: They got a four point four average.
Speaker 2: They feel their gaps, you know, they they feel their gaps. They do, okay. They they scare me because they'll just seem like they're playing along with you, waiting for opportunity. You know, they're being, they're being, they'll being, you know, they they say that they're waiting for it's nobody just to me standing out.
Speaker 7: That's just crushing you.
Speaker 2: Every now and then Clark Kennick, Clark the big d tackle and make a move. Preston Smith to lie outside. They'll make a move and they'll make a play. You know, even quay Walker seven, he just be playing.
Speaker 7: Then all of a sudden boom, he'll make a play.
Speaker 2: And you know, against the lower level teams, you can shake them, you know.
Speaker 7: But they're beaten one or two good teams.
Speaker 2: But they are a true nine to eighteen that their quarterback played lights out because their two running backs were okay, but their quarterback, to me, played lights out. And my hat's off to the to the head coach and the defensive coording. My hat's off to them, but they should not be able to stay with us.
Speaker 4: Well, do you think who on the Green Bay's defense let's take our last break, Jesse. When we come back, who stands out on their defense?
Speaker 6: And I mean, I don't.
Speaker 3: I feel.
Speaker 6: I feel like and maybe I'm wrong. You tell me how you feel when we come back to Kurt, I feel like.
Speaker 7: This is a therapy session.
Speaker 3: There's nothing to worry.
Speaker 7: About this week.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a playoff game, but I almost feel like we've already won.
Speaker 7: This game, like a one big Nowton rubbing off on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, now, I know those guys aren't gonna overlook this, but I feel like as a fan, like I've already overlooked it. I'm already I've moved on to the second round. I'm just whoever wins that matchup, that's who we.
Speaker 6: Bring them on. I don't know if you feel that way. You tell me what we need to worry about and all that good stuff. When we come back. On the last segment, I hang it with the boys.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 5: The press scout, who looks right, it's not there? He escaped left, he'll look for a perstown.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust.
Speaker 6: With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands.
Speaker 8: Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 12: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 5: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 5: How's wing Stop sound?
Speaker 15: Crispy juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted, tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 14: See gig has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of your weak fan or haven't been, you're in years fan, see geek as you covered download does see geek after the seed Geek. You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 16: James right here. You're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 3: Enter today, back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to the final segment. Hanging with the Boys brought you each and every day.
Speaker 4: By Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. And before we go to Jesse Kurt, do you, as a as a fan and as an employee of the Dallas Cowboys, is are you worried about this game at all?
Speaker 11: Not a lot. No. I mean there's always some trepidation.
Speaker 9: Because you're facing a young, unknown team and the quarterbacks on a hot streak. But no, there are too much talent. Unless they beat themselves, they should witness one.
Speaker 4: I feel better about this game than I did about Miami Buffalo Detroit.
Speaker 6: I mean, I just feel like this is.
Speaker 11: Those were better teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Jesse professional opinion.
Speaker 5: Oh what's the question?
Speaker 7: I mean the defense? Anything be watching?
Speaker 5: So okay, So here's the thing. Is there anything to be worried about there?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 5: And no, there is a level of caution that has to be presented. I'm not saying a level of worry. I'm not seeing a level of timidity, but a level of caution.
Speaker 6: Timidity.
Speaker 5: I like that word. I'm back.
Speaker 3: I'm back.
Speaker 5: It's clear I was, I was, I was off my game. Nate took over. I'm like, let me get back to let's let's get the order back into this thing, this defense, and so to what Nate was saying about they just hang around right like nothing really jumps off the page at you. There aren't guys in this defense is gonna be like man, whoa. But every now and again you'll see Passion Smith making appearance. You'll see Quay making appearance. You'll see uh JayR making appearance. Who are Kenny Clark? I mean they there. There are some names on this defense that you've heard of before. The biggest thing is they're seventeenth, the ranked seventeenth overall in the National Football League. They've given up two hundred rushing yards or more four different times this year, four different times they've given that up this NFL season. So there are abilities there. But like us, what makes a defense really good as when my offense allows us time of possession, our offense wins time of possessions, our offensive scoring points, and then our offense is making the opposing team's offense one dimensional. And I think those are the three things that you've seen over the last couple of weeks. Jordan Love has been lights out these last I think he's seven to three or eight and two over his last ten games and eighteen touchdowns to one interception, So he's figuring out things offensively, which now takes a little bit of the pressure off the defense and Joe Barry and how they want to call different things. Jaire, Alexander's probably going to be the one who shadows Ceedee Lamb. Now Ceedee Lamb cooked them a year ago. They lost in overtime. You know, Watson came on and had a career day with three touchdowns over one hundred yards. But Ceede lam put up one hundred fifty yards last year. And the thing that has continued, you know, that trend for CD is that he's just entered the level where he doesn't matter who guards him. But Dak also threw two interceptions in this game, right, So like they there was some things that were posed to the Cowboys defensively offensively from their defense that confused that. Now, well that happened this time around. I don't know. I don't know. This defense is a defense that just hangs around and in hopes that you that you don't blow them away, right, But they're not. They're they're not the aggressives. They're not coming out saying, you know, we're taking this game over now. I say all of this, and of course every time they come into at and T Stadium. That just wasn't an Aaron Rodgers thing, right, Prestor Smith was there, Kenny Clark was there, Jaira was there, these other guys like there. They feel a certain like, hey, when we go in there, we play well. Right, It's it's a mistique for their team that to say when they go in there and play well. So that's what makes the playoff difficult to even judge for what the regular season was, because there's going to be a difference, there's going to be a level of that that that game goes up another level and you just hope that when they go there, you go there, you can match it. You can match it or above it. The Cowboys are better than this football team. I think this team was probably right like for what Green Bay has done offensively and defensively this year with Jordan Love coming in at this first year to start in quarterback, to make it to the playoffs, they're a year or so ahead of schedule.
Speaker 6: Right, you had a good point before you get to all down the road.
Speaker 5: My points, well are good, Okay, debatable, but today's.
Speaker 4: Good point, today's thank you, today's good point, the last two minute thinking point. Appreciate it when you get to the playoffs, right, Yes, and Nate you can probably jump in on this too.
Speaker 6: And you're not a great team, you're a good team. You gotta you gotta be good.
Speaker 4: To get to the playoffs, right, at least at some point of your seasons, we're good, So you have the ability to be good when you get into the dance? Does that because football is a lot about confidence, right, does that boost your confidence as a team and go, hey, we got here?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 6: Does that bring it up a not as far as like, okay, we're here.
Speaker 4: Anything could happen as to where maybe during the season you got ebbs and flows and you have a dip and you start doubting yourself, like maybe we're not that good. But then you get in and it's like, okay, we're one.
Speaker 6: Of the best.
Speaker 5: We're literally one of the best.
Speaker 6: Right does that? Does that give you a little more swag? But here we are, let's go. You know everything that's happened.
Speaker 5: It's absolutely and it's a new and you not only do you feel that, but you also understand that the opponents feel that as well, and you have to be willing to Again, there's another level of sacrifice that has to go into it. What you thought was enough before has to be more. And I have to have more treatment, I have to have more film study, I have to have more of this and more of that, because this is it, this is There is no to double turn from Rocky. There is no tomorrow. Literally, there is no tomorrow. You lose and it is over. And for a lot of guys, you know, they want more than that. They want more than just that one and done because you put too much into this. And I think the Cowboys looking at this game and this is this is I don't particularly thinking that maybe I'm giving away my prediction early on. I don't see a blowout. I don't. I don't see a Cowboy blowout because in the playoffs you don't get many blowouts. You get you get tough, hard fought football. Now, if you win by ten, that's considered a blowout in playoff style fashion. But those are going to be geeked up. They gonna be geeked up ready to come. And oddly enough, we're supposed to have it white out here. But even like I here talks about people, you know, you hear a barbershop talking. I heard a guy at the barbershop. Just the other day he talked about, Man, shoot, I'm a eight grand last week when I sold my tickets green in the building. The ticket number goes up this week, So I gotta I gotta text on my phone right now from a guy who's not even a cowboy. He was a cowboy player at one point in time, but who owned seats And he's like, oh, you know, anybody, let me know. I'm putting them out there. But they better have money.
Speaker 4: Because the packers. The packers don't necessarily travel or they travel, but they have a huge fan base.
Speaker 5: They travel here. Yeah, well I don't know if it's a travel or fan base here, but they tend to show up here and they definitely show up in at and T. So the cowboys have to go out there and that's it. That's the concern. Part is that they have Ja Alexander. Zaire Alexander is a former All Pro cornerback. There is there is Pro Pro Bowl, last year, Pro Bowl, last year, All Pro to the year before that. In that when he's when he's in his right mind now, sometimes he'd be on he be on his own thing. Right. If you google Zaire Alexander Charlotte. That's right. He's in his own world sometimes. But this is a player who is You give him opportunity to pick the ball Up's gonna pick the ball off, right, Like these guys are playmakers. Quay like like he said, Quay will show up quick. Quay will have and you look at that and you go and it's all about moments because Quay may not be doing anything and mundane the whole game. And then have a play on the right tackle on Terror Steele. That can create something we saw last week what happened a tip pass? How the tip pass happened? They were doing the stunt. You could say the guy was holding those all got caught in between whatever, but hand up in the air, ball is tip tipped and overthrows dbs love. That same thing can happen with a guy like Kuaiy Walker. He he is good enough to beat Terrence Steele, not not saying every single down, but he's good enough to beat them. He's good enough to make a play on them. Now, what happens when that play is made on Terren Steele? Tonack's point, does that continue what he's been doing and saving the offensive line? Or is that one of the plays where terror Steel gets beat right now and it's a direct line to the quarterback and it's a hit of the elbow and the ball pops up in the air. It's a strip sack, it's whatever. It's a sack on a key third down, whatever it may be. So they have the ability. I don't think that they're going to dominate this Cowboys offense or even dominant's offensive line, but it's when they make their plays. They'll make a play. They'll make. They're too good of a team not to make a play. It's limiting them to how many they make and the plays that they do meet they do make, not allowing them to be detrimental. That's going to be the big key for the Cowboys offensively with this defense. But that should be able to carve this offense, this defense up.
Speaker 4: Kurt, you wanna go into your bag and and you have a whole bunch of.
Speaker 6: Stats that make me worry about this game? Do you want to rattle some of those off Well?
Speaker 11: Yeah, which ones are you thinking?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: I mean every one you put up here, I mean points two through ninety seven that you that you sent out are stats that make me go, Okay, maybe this defense.
Speaker 9: Is well, they're ninth and fewest passing yards tenth and fewest passing tds. Pro Football Focus has them ranked to the thirteenth. Pass rush they're tenth, and bl blitz percentage eighth and hurry percentage sixth and pressure percentage. I mean it sounds like they can get to the like you were saying. They they have their moments where they can get to.
Speaker 4: The their top ten and a lot of defensive pressure stats right.
Speaker 9: On the front side, not the backside, and Alexander's out for a good chunk of the year. They're you know, nineteenth and pass coverage thirty first in interceptions. I mean, they're not making a lot of big plays back there, but again maybe their whole now and could be dangerous.
Speaker 6: Nate, do you fear this defense at all?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think what Jesse said is so right. What what what I want to do by being home? Come outs, don't don't go slow fast, put the pressure on them. Just keep get going at them fast, even even to the point where sometime and I know we ain't done this, I have at least I haven't seen kind of up tempo and it ain't saying sprints to the line, but no, pick up the pace.
Speaker 7: Just pick up the pace.
Speaker 2: Make them stress, make them stress, let them see how good ceedee.
Speaker 7: Lamb can be, how good further it can be.
Speaker 2: Make them stress, you know, and and and yeah then I'm not gonna even worry about.
Speaker 7: It after that.
Speaker 2: But if you they they play at a defensively a slow pace. You know, the two games I saw was and the ones they won was just pass from the Bears. I saw a little bit of the Panthers and you know, not not a very good team and the guys who they played rap before the Bears. But uh, don't don't waste time. Go go get go, get get them, go get them, you know, make them stress.
Speaker 6: Stress them on defense. I like it.
Speaker 5: I always like the good stress.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean offensively, I think this team does really well when they do that.
Speaker 6: When they they go with the quick calls and they you know, even no huddle.
Speaker 4: Maybe for the first series or two, get to the line, and I think they do really good when they don't give the defense time to set and get set up. I think Dak's really good at getting too the line and recognize okay, this guy's out.
Speaker 6: Of place, Like okay, this is where we're going.
Speaker 4: I would love to see him come out and do no huddle or just really quick calls for see.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, because what we were doing in the playoffs sometimes and just us, you know, is give that idea that we finish, hurry up and we'll come out of the huddle quick. You know, I mean almost five seconds, be no pass, we out of that huddle, making them think we you know, they the defense kind of makes just kind of throw them off killed and would you know, take that another five or six seconds and going and snap the ball next time.
Speaker 7: We'll come out slow, but then it'll be on the first sound.
Speaker 6: Just keeping them off.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just keep them a livid off balance like that.
Speaker 2: But go ahead on my brother, No, I was and I was gonna say shorts.
Speaker 5: And and that you got to just be careful because what you don't want is is you don't want to hurry yourself into a three and out. Yeah, it is right, you want to you want to make sure that. Yeah, that's why. Like if you come up, if you come out and you get you score first and you stop them, I think then it's an opportunity to come out again and a little bit of tempo throw them off balance, but you have a little bit of a lead. Because go back to the running game they were talking about earlier. I think the Cowboys are best when they pass before they run. Their pass sets up their run. So getting the ball out quick, getting the ball out on the perimeter, and then now when you're getting second and four, second and second and five, now I can run because even if I get three yards, now I'm at third and two. Now we can do whatever we want. Instead of what you saw in the Detroit game where it was like run on first down, second and nine, run on first down ten, you know, second and eleven. But you saw it was different in Washington, and and was that No, that was whatever it was. It was Washington. But just seeing the ball come out of the quarterback's hands right now, long handoffs, throwing the slanch, throwing the hitch routes, getting out there, throwing the option routes to the tight end. It doesn't have to have great depth. It didn't have to have you know, a bunch of yacht yards after it. But what's given me now is keeping me ahead of the sticks, because now when I come out there next time, you don't know what's coming because the second and four, I can run it and get two or three yards and now we're in a perfect position. And even if we get to fourth and one or fourth and one and a half, depending on we're at in the field, this is when you can kind of you know, you can go for it. And what people don't realize when you go for it and those fourth downs, like even if you it's still backpacking to that defense, it's something about the mental things that like a new freshet of downs, Like it's just hard mentally to kind of get over that hurdle each and every each and every series if they're if they're getting to those fourth and shorts. So I mean, it's it's something to think about for the Cowboys and how they want to approach things.
Speaker 6: No mistakes, no mistakes.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be key man, No mistakes.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: When the team is not better than you and you supreme the confidence and who you are, the only thing that should be on your mind is I'm gonna go out here and play free and I'm not gonna make the dumb play. If you can play free and not make the dumb play.
Speaker 5: But that's been our m this year is play free. The boy you make some dumb plays. We've we've we've consistently shot ourselves in the foot over and over.
Speaker 7: And over again, no matter who we play.
Speaker 5: And it's like a different player every single time.
Speaker 6: All right, Fellas, good stuff tomorrow.
Speaker 7: What's tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Have defense packers offense?
Speaker 4: Jesse, glad to see you got that energy back, man, courage, go get that hair fixed. Nate, good seeing you, man, stay with the dog collars, Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air. Jazz, thanks for keeping Chris company. What's my man's name? Gosh, thanks for keeping us on the social channels? We in Douglas. Thank you for that tidbit we heard during the break. Will we be able to put that on the air at any point, Chris? Or is that I just didn't know you cussed like that? Man?
Speaker 7: Is that just.
Speaker 11: You won't hear a thing.
Speaker 6: Thinking about it? Chris? If not, I at least wanted for my social channel. Is there video with it?
Speaker 10: Or is it just it's worth I'll give it to you for your social channel.
Speaker 7: I just didn't know you had that type of language.
Speaker 5: Rubbing off on y'all, rubbing off with my boy.
Speaker 6: Y'all, y'all you speaking, that's right.
Speaker 11: You don't.
Speaker 5: I don't cuss. It wasn't me all right, Well, come.
Speaker 6: Back tomorrow see if curdel cuss on hanging with boys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas copt boys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.