Speaker 1: Let the mocking begin. Let's talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It is me Joey Pa joe Pisafia, and today it's twenty twenty three's first Fantasy Baseball mock draft of the season. Oh can you feel it? The electricity in the veins, It is flowing here at Fantasy Pros. Our draft simulator is open for business and so is the multi user draft software that means you can draft with your friends. You can great private mock send them. If you don't have friends, make some friends, send them or send them to your enemies and you could start getting prepared. And today we are going to do a head to head roto category style mock draft. The Welsh is here as always, and Ryan Warmly, the Worm, as we call him here around the Fantasy Pros stable, he is here as well. Now Ryan is trying to get back up to speed coming off of a very long NFL season. Welsh and I are a few weeks ahead of you, but I just wanted to put this out there. I just realized that Joey P, the Welsh and the Worm. If that doesn't sound like a drive time morning radio show. I don't know what does.
Speaker 2: It's the weenie in the butt all over.
Speaker 3: The best part about being called the worm is that it kind of fits on the end of anything, right like Mao and the Worm, Joey p and the Worm, Welsh in the Worm.
Speaker 1: It kind of just hitsline. You're like the hunch hits I had in Mexico once Mayo.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 5: But Joe, it's like, uh, like you and me be going back and forth and be like, hey, write worm and worms, Like yeah.
Speaker 1: We're gonna fight every instanct. We have to do the whole show like this. I can't say it's not gonna but again, roto categories. That's the style of draft that we are doing today. I encourage everybody to go to fantasypros dot com slash draft Wizard and the Draft Wizard's open for business. Or get that app again, Fantasy Pros. That's what you want to do. Get the app. It's on Apple, it's on Google Play, all that stuff. Start running your draft simulations today. And again, the private mock drafts are now open for business. So it's very excited in the mock draft lobby will soon be open too. We're gonna just jump into them, or you can of course join our Discord fantasypro dot com slash chat because we will be doing a lot of these with our Discord members. In fact, we're gonna have a lot of our Discord members on the show to do mocks with us coming up soon. That's gonna happen. They're always part of these mocks too, but today we're using the bots, We're using the droids, and we're gonna see where it goes. Now, I have the number two spot, Welsh is picking from number six, and the worm is picking from the turn. Now the worm at the turn also sounds like a drive time for a radio show. So without further ado, let's kick things off here. Welsh, I know you do all the Black Book Draft strategies head to head roto categories. What is your go to strategy in these situations?
Speaker 2: And what overall are in your spot in the head.
Speaker 1: To head categories? What are you looking for here?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I want five tools. I want to get speed. I want to get some speed at the top. You know, speed is kind of coming up from all different spots, but the one thing you get at the top with these guys is consistent batting average power, you kind of get all five tools, so I would like to make sure that I get elite speed. I'm probably not looking at pitching too early. Uh, and then we'll deal with how closers are going to be. But I'm looking for You can't really ruin your draft with the first round pick, but I'm going to be looking for like quality speed guys.
Speaker 2: So I'm not chasing it later. I don't want to know. Do you want to chase out of Bertamandesi later?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Do you want to do that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I do not. The first player off the board is Aaron Judge. Surprisingly, so Turner's still there. We are doing with corner in middle, infield, we have four outfielders. Because we have four outfielders, or also have nine pitcher spots, they're open, so we're not mandatory rpeing today. I'm going to make a statement here and that statement is going to be Julio Rodriguez. I want an outfielder. I know Welsh wants to take a Kunya Otani goes to, Jose Ramiroz goes er. Atani goes three, Jos Ramirez goes four, Trey Turner all the way to five. Shocking Welsh, You're roaldalcune is still on the board. You gotta be dancing at Jake.
Speaker 5: That's my number one player. This is who I would have taken at home. Yea, who I would have taken at two? Who would have taken at one? This is my number one player again, power speed, average, homers, RBI, runs every category I want. This would play one hundred and nineteen games last year, was almost the lead in stolen bases, going to be top of the projections. I am in for Ronald Dacunya and seventy nine percent on Fantasy pros agreed with that, which I probably helped with that metric a little bit.
Speaker 1: First round is strong, very strong this year. Alvarez at one oh seven, Vladdie at one o eighth and Juan Soto one oh nine. What a steal he is, Tucker at one ten, Mooie Bets at one eleven. Ryan Warmley, you are up with back to back picks. You've got Trout on the board, you got Freeman, you got the two big pictures. Which way you want to go? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I would have loved Mookie, who obviously just went one pick before me.
Speaker 4: But that's fine. Obviously, still a lot of talent here left on the board.
Speaker 3: You know, early on, I don't really like to think about like too much strategy those first few rounds. I just want the best players give me as much talent on my team to start now, kind of filling the spots later on. I do think that first base isn't as deep as I would like it to be.
Speaker 4: So I am gonna go Freeman with one of these picks.
Speaker 3: You know, just being in the Dodgers' lineup, obviously he's gonna help in a lot of different categories.
Speaker 4: So I will go with him with one of those picks.
Speaker 3: And then, you know, there's a lot of pictures I like in sort of that rounds three to seven range, so I tend to shy away from pictures early. By the way, I will also say, as you mentioned, I am sort of just now dipping my toes back into the baseball coverage. There's no judgments in January. You can forget stuff. You can say, oh yeah, that guy had a slumpty end of the year. Oh yeah, like Cody Belger is in Chicago.
Speaker 4: That's right. Like you guys, feel free to roast me if I make any boneheaded decisions.
Speaker 2: Oh we will.
Speaker 1: And it's the last day of January. This is the last day you can say what you just said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like that For anybody listening in February, they're like, oh, here's the first roast.
Speaker 2: It's February.
Speaker 4: So I do we snuck this in? Last second?
Speaker 3: On my other pick, I am going to go just for kind of peer up here. I know he didn't have quite the debut we all hoped, but he obviously did a lot of great things in accounting stats.
Speaker 4: And that's Bobby Witt. Not as efficient as I wanted. But I'm just gonna go puer upside here. Picking at the turn.
Speaker 1: Welsh, I would have probably gone Trout and Bobby Wit there, you know me, Like, that's that's kind of you know, that's my dude there, because that's just all upside and I'm playing that situation. The pitchers do start to come off the board. Here we have Manny Machado at two oh three.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Then we have Mike Trout at two oh two, who went after Bobby Witt. So you took excuse me, he went before Bobby Wit. So we had Freeman and Bobby Witt going to worm and then Mike Trout going at two o two, Manny Machado at two three, Garrett Cole, Fernando Tatis Junior, what a steal at two o five, Welsh telling you whoever gets that second round Tattoos is working with a lot of upside. Corbyn burns a two oh six, and then Welsh, you're up with thirty seconds on the clock at two oh seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, contemplating a couple of things. Third base kind of stinks.
Speaker 5: There's a couple of good ones out here, but my top player is the top player that they're also suggesting.
Speaker 2: Bobachett again, this is.
Speaker 5: Five stolen bases, might be coming down a little bit, but good Homers.
Speaker 2: The position is deep, which makes me not want to do it, but I love them.
Speaker 5: So much, and now I've got two players you know, probably projected close to fifty stolen bases between my two and run fifty homers, so I'll take that.
Speaker 1: Indeed, continuing on, Bobaschett goes to Welsh, then Pete Alonso, Rafaeld Devers, Jacob de Gram at two oh ten. There's a risky pick for that manager, that Robot. There some intriguing pitchers on the board here, Spencer Stryder especially very tempting for me. I'm another guy that likes to wait on the pitching situation. Here. Top guys out there on the board you have Goldschmidt, Austin Riley. That sounds pretty good to me. First base, pretty good. There is a drop off there after these guys. So I'm gonna go ahead and I'm gonna go ahead and take Paul gold Schmidt here and see who makes it back to me. Austin Riley, I was hoping made it back. Ah, we did not. It's very upsetting. Now Here's where I have to find some discipline. So either I go off of my strategy, which is to wait on starting pitcher, which we've talked about a lot, or I bring down and I take Spencer Strider. Wels. What do you think guy should do here?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean I like Spencer Strider a lot my personal pitching tiers. There's a couple guys out here, but you got a long way to come back.
Speaker 2: Personally with the players that are out there.
Speaker 5: I'm probably going to avoid based on your spot with how long you have to go, I'm probably gonna go with the position player. Michael Harris is sitting out there outfield really stinks.
Speaker 2: That's not bad.
Speaker 5: But I wouldn't hate you for taking Strider. I mean I might hate you because I would think about maybe taking it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's about it.
Speaker 1: That's certainly one of them too. Look at a third base two, A few good names out there. I'm gonna go ahead and go for the shorts opposition here and go with lind Door get power, get speed, a guy who plays every day. I think the projections here we have are a little low on him too, So give me lind'or here. So I've got Lindor Goldschmidt and Julio to start my roster here. I'm gonna try to stay disciplined. Carlos Rodondo's at three to ZHO three, then Michael Harris through at four, Marcus Sivi another guy who was in competition there for my love at three zero five. Welsh, you're up at three oh six. So now that you talk to me out of Strider, are you gonna stick the knife in my back?
Speaker 6: I was?
Speaker 2: I mean I might because Striider is sitting out there right now. I don't love.
Speaker 5: See, here's the other thing we're dealing with, and it's staring me in the face is do I want to start this closer thing?
Speaker 2: And I don't know if I want.
Speaker 1: To love to start the closer thing. That's your mo I just.
Speaker 2: Don't like to get pushed back.
Speaker 5: But you know, Rodo is a little bit more of a problem with that third base. Ah my joke all these all right, you know what we are going to do that We're gonna go Strider because I'm hoping to do something coming on the on the turn here, All right, what do you got worm?
Speaker 1: We'll figure that out. Let's continue on here. So after Strider goes Real Muto three oh seven, hate that pick threehoe eight, You got Shane McClanahan. Edwin d Is at three oh nine. So there he goes jose Al Tuvey, Brendan Woodruff. Now the worm for the last picking three and the first pick and four.
Speaker 5: McClanahan was who I wanted, by the way I was, I was debating trying to get him coming back. So wouldn't worked anyway, So probably.
Speaker 1: Get him Dias, you got nothing.
Speaker 3: I probably would have taken McClanahan as well, even though I do tend to if I'm between two guys, I tend to go with the position player. Over over the picture kind of like you guys have talked about a bit, there are a lot of pictures that I like quite a bit. I think I'm at least going to take Aeronato obviously, with can be my shortstop, and then Aeronato.
Speaker 4: That's a great left side in field there.
Speaker 1: I think you know's gonna come in here and he's gonna win this draft. He's gonna piss me off. I'll tell you right now.
Speaker 4: I'm not so sure about that, but we'll see.
Speaker 3: I think I probably, I think I probably will take a picture here, just because picking on the turn you kind of do have to reach a little earlier than you might otherwise want to reach on a guy. I do like a lot of them. Obviously, you have the aging guys with surez Er and Erlander. I think Nola is probably the best guy here that I'm looking at.
Speaker 4: You know, there's a nice floor with Biab.
Speaker 3: I am gonna go with Nola, though, I think there's a lot of opportunities for Wins first and foremost with that lineup.
Speaker 4: Clearly, he had a great year last year, So I will go with Nola.
Speaker 1: Here, gentlemen, who's the sexier McClanahan Shane or Roue. That's my question. Roe McClanahan or Shane McClanahan. Who's sex here? McClanahan from the Golden Girls? Cheez, what's the popp?
Speaker 4: I also did not know who that you guys?
Speaker 5: What target audience there, Joe, Yeah, put.
Speaker 1: It on the vote knows who that Golden Girls are?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 4: I've heard of Golden Girls. I couldn't name any.
Speaker 2: Of Golden Girls, you know, Betty?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: There? You go? Anyway? Alex Bregman at four oh three, Emmanua class at four oh four, and then you have Luis Robert, Max Schurz or Welsh. You're up at four oh seven with twenty seven seconds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm and I am doing a little like can I get sneaky?
Speaker 2: Can I get tricky here? With some stuff?
Speaker 5: And I think I'm gonna attempt to be sneaky here first and foremost. I'm gonna take one of the top pictures. I'm gonna go double picture and I didn't think I would. I'm gonna take Justin Verlander. Justin Verlander. Obviously, with the Mets, you can count on win, you can count on strikeouts, you can count on deep into games. My buddy Scott White his number one pitcher on the board, probably top five for many people.
Speaker 2: Dylan Ceese was on the board who.
Speaker 5: I passed up going with Verlander, and my hopes is I'm going to be able to sneak something back into the fifth round here as long as Joe doesn't ruin it. But you're in a good spot now, Joe, you're almost like a wheel spot. This is where you probably focus on starting pitching because it is.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna go ahead with the top lift here that's being recon demended to me here at the Fantasy Pros Draft Wizard, and that Shane Bieber one hundred and ninety eight strikeouts projected. That sounds pretty good to me. Be read a nice season there for the Guardians. The in between picks though, just to rattle them off after Verlander. Matt Olsen Dylan Ceese, who I was looking at hoping to make it to me. He did not a Rose Arena. If he made it to me, I would have taken him. Yeah, Bieber at the turn, Corby and Carroll look at four to twelve. I think we're drafting against the Welsh spot and that number one team at a last Garcia at five o'h one. Back to me here at five oh two. I like some of the pictures here remaining, I don't love of them. That's my problem with this group here looking around offensively. Obviously it's guys like Kyle Schwarber who are still available to but I think I'm gonna go for some more speed here potentially. Also two guys at second base very intriguing to me, Jazz Chism Ozzie Alby's both still on the board. Uh, jazz is really fun, but Atlanta's a better team. So I'm gonna go with the counting stats there of Ozzi Alby's and hope that he gets more power out of him too. Tommy Edmund at five oh three, Jose Brady with five o four, Schwarber at five oh five, Welsh five oh six. You're up on the clock.
Speaker 5: I got as silent as you can get when you said the second baseman, because I went, oh, no, Joe's gonna ruin it all, and you kind of did. Because Ozzy is my backup. I love jazz. I'm a big jazz guy this year close slow jazz, yeah, exactly, whatever the acid jazz.
Speaker 2: I love all the jazz.
Speaker 5: The new cover boyfriend MLB the show, and I thought about taking him with the last pick. Second base stinks. He's my top second baseman. He's a little bit riskier, but you know what, I look at my team Bashett, Akunya Strider of Verlander. I don't have a lot of inherent risk right now, so this is the perfect spot. And I am chock full of twenty twenty guys on my offense, which I love, and two lead starting pitchers.
Speaker 2: This is a great start. I'm very happy.
Speaker 1: I'm happy with my start too, Goldschmidt, Albis, Lindor, Julio and Bieber. I'll take that to begin you know what, With Chisholm and Albis, to me, it was just again better team, more proven player. I love Jazz, he's very exciting, he's fun to watch, but I like.
Speaker 5: Team context is better for sure. Ki I also have them clumped. I think they're all very close. Yve, Simeon, Albi's and Jazz. All four of them are kind of a tier, and I don't hate anybody that gets anyone. That's why I wanted Alsby Albis to still be on the board so I would have a backup option.
Speaker 1: Josh Hater goes at five oh seven the Dalton var Show, George Springer, Corey Seeger. Nice deal there, five to ten. I'm high on Seeger this year. He's one of my backups at shortstop. Julio Eurias at five to eleven, and then Ryan on the clock here for five twelve and six oh one. What he got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna take Zach Wheeler with one of these. I really have a needed outfield so I consider doubling down on a couple of high upside outfielders. But I really like Wheeler this season. I think he's gonna be an awesome, you know, pitcher number two for me. Of course, I'm very heavily invested in the Phillies now at this point, with Nola and Wheeler, I am Phillies. I am going to take an outfielder with my other pick. I I think I probably should. There's a lot of guys that there's some question marks, but some really high ceilings here. I know he had the injury problems last year. I think I'm just gonna take Marte. I do really need some speed. I'm hoping that you know, pretty much any speed guy this season. I think you know, with the rule changes and stuff, you could see some high stole based totals there. I'm hoping that it's going to be healthy. That's an awesome lineup to be playing it. So I'm gonna take Marte.
Speaker 1: Yesterday did a show with Joe Rico. He's doing a previous of all the teams. We did the Mets because he had me on. Of course, mister mant and we were talking about Mark A. Turner. I like him better in you know, rodo season long than I do in head categories for that same reason. But I'm with you. I think the risk and the reward. I'm all about the reward here. I think it's a great pick where you have him there after Marte, Bryce Harper goes way too soon at six' oh. Two that's a waste of a. Pick burnett set it on. Fire i'll see him In. July ramano at six oh, Three Christian, Javier i'm mad at six oh. Four clearly that's The joe BOTT i thought he's gonna make it back to. Me, Bogarts Devin, williams and then The welsh at six oh. Seven what do you Got?
Speaker 2: Welsh, Well i'm contemplating a couple of.
Speaker 3: Things.
Speaker 5: UH i Think i'm gonna do this Because i'm very. Tempted there are a couple of pictures on the BOARD i really really. Like But outfield can, stink it staks and when he gets away from, you which it does with me even THOUGH i know, it it drives me absolutely. Bonkers AND i really Like Taoscar hernandez going To seattle this year with the.
Speaker 2: Power i'm worried less about stolen.
Speaker 5: Bases he's going to be hitting a, prime prime spot Where Julio Rodrige guess is in. There SO i think this is a great outfield, pick And i'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Swoop him up over a few pictures THAT i kind of wanted to take.
Speaker 1: All, Right looking at some of the pictures, here some of them, Went manoa, Went becausetio. WENT i wanted those guys after Ti oscar, went Then hendricks. Goes so it's back to me for six. Eleven looking at the pitching market, here definitely some guys still really LIKE i, think you, know it's funny because you got Musk, Grove you've Got, darvish you Got Max. Fried all these guys are out there once. AGAIN i just keep going back to The Atlanta braves for some, reason so give me Mad max. HERE i Think i'm gonna go With Max freed. Here that's telling me to Take, gosmin AND i Like. Gospin we had a very interesting conversation on The Pitch. Con he was doing the panel With eno And nick and they had some some good, things but some question marks there About. GOSMAN i, thought we're very eye. Opening now it's a choice between my two favorite, padres You darvish And Joe musgrove in that. Rotation, again these guys are super. Close at the end of the, Day i'm gonna take You darvish because he's more. Fun Plus i'll get a better grade because he's ranked. High So i'm just going to go to work the system. Here that's What.
Speaker 2: I'm you're just trying to work the system.
Speaker 1: Here, WELL i started With, julio who is not the consensus, too SO i gotta make up some. Ground i've got to get in the good graces of the Draft wizard. Again Kevin gossman goes AFTER i Picked, Freed Then Zach, gallen WHO i also was, Considering so You darvish to, Me Will, Smith Ryan presley him as at SEVEN o, five and Then welsh you're up at seven.
Speaker 5: Six ah, Man, well SOMEONE i wanted went so pitching run by the way.
Speaker 2: There, Yeah So i'm trying to figure out WHERE i want artists go.
Speaker 1: Here in the last ten, PICKS i got.
Speaker 5: A couple of position players THAT i. Like there's still a couple of really good outfielders that are out there as. Well we do have, four so that's nothing to.
Speaker 1: Wait for The Byron buckston.
Speaker 5: SELECTION i, mean, yeah And i'm looking at him but, here well not, yet all, RIGHT i Think i'm gonna go with another position that's just not great and he's still on the board as a young. Guy i'm gonna Go Gunner henderson, push, Yeah, henderson give me my infield a little bit risky now With jazz And, gunner SO i probably need to have a little bit more, safety but some stolen base, upside some offensive.
Speaker 2: Upside suck.
Speaker 1: It he has flown up my rankings in the last two. Weeks the MORE i watch film on. HIM i love this. Guy he was my top of the queue and now he's gone to heck with.
Speaker 3: You let me tell, you, guys how EXCITED i was to Go gunner And adley back to back.
Speaker 4: Here, yeah, well, now they've both. Gone in the last six slash.
Speaker 1: Seven henderson goes To, welsh then, O'Neal cruz at seven oh, Seven rutchman seven o, Eight valdez a seven to, Nine Iglesias, swanson and now No orioles for the worm seven.
Speaker 3: Times i'm Not i'm not gonna be reaching On santander quite. YET i ACTUALLY i actually was considering taking, him you, know even before you mentioned. Him now that he's, FALLEN i will go at the upside Of. Buxton SO i now have a lot of, speed but a lot of injury risk in my outfield Between marte and And buxton in.
Speaker 4: There but at LEAST i have two outfielders with. Decency.
Speaker 3: Uh and then on my next. Pick this is kind of an interesting. POINT i could go a lot of different. DIRECTIONS i have a pretty strong infield. Already second base and catcher's the only Spots i'm. Missing i'm not gonna take a catcher now That adley's, gone AND i don't like any of the second basement, HERE i have two of my four, OUTFIELDERS i only have two. Pictures, again there's a lot of depth. THERE i THINK i am gonna go at the picture. THERE i really like the value on Musk grove, here So i'm just gonna take, him all.
Speaker 1: RIGHT i love the value there With. Musgrove So, buxton you stick it to The welsh there for taking your, Guys.
Speaker 4: I'll trade You buckston For.
Speaker 6: Gunner, Yeah i'm gonna as you always love.
Speaker 1: That you have to finish the draft and you immediately have a tree sitting in the. Inbox you gotta love those, leagues all. Right, Uh batista goes at eight oh. Two, uh not the. Wrestler the picture for The. Orioles Robbie ray at at oh, Three Willia dom's at a you know, four another guy from my que Gun. Uh clearly the box need to update their rankings With Trevor story because he ain't. Playing, uh Sal perez eight. Six The, welsh you're up at eight oh. Seven what do you?
Speaker 2: Got well, again.
Speaker 5: This is a spot where there's just a couple solid players in.
Speaker 2: Here but SO i, Was i'm kind of honed in on a first.
Speaker 5: Baseman BUT i gotta tell, you, GUYS i do think first base is deep where we are right. NOW i think there's a lot of the same type of players that are out. There you can go on a little bit more. UPSIDE i guess what's not the. Same it's the, outfield And Brian reynolds is still out there and almost one hundred third. OUTFIELDER i can pick up twenty plus homer power even if he gets traded to a better, offense which he has, requested a trade that puts me in line to just have three really good, outfielders WHICH i usually never have. Here But i'm getting low on pitching because they do only have two total, pitchers So i'm probably going to have to start pivoting a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, Yeah i'm only at, three but alas here we. Are so after you Took, reynolds who was definitely the top three GUYS i was, considering McKenzie goes eight to. Eight hellsley excuse, Me. Sherman helmsley goes eight o. NINE i know you don't know who that is, either eight, ten and THEN i am on the clock here looking Through Tim. Anders THEN i could continue to kind of push the power. SPEED i could go With Tyler glass now also very. Interesting eno had a lot of good things to say About tyler, glassnow so he's a pretty smart guy when it comes to. Pitching so that's a strong consideration. Too i've got ten seconds AND i am definitely really trying to figure this. Out i'm gonna go. Ahead i'm gonna take the other picture here BECAUSE i don't like the other pictures as it goes. Through So i'll Take glass. Now, Oh Vinnie, pasquentino my. PISON i was gonna take him. Next he goes right after. Me damn you bots eight, twelve and Then Nate low at nine oh. One so good pick there. Too that's another undervalued. Guy some other big time pitchers still got The seattle guys out there, too With kirby And Logan, gilbert like those. Guys you know what you. Know Since i've already kind of abandoned outfield and it's gonna be, UGLY i might as well just keep buying into it and just keep going with pitching and trying to find. That So i'm gonna go With George kirby, here take another, Picture So i'm just going pitching. Heavy it says it's a slight. Reach gave me the emoji. FACE i, Know i'm gonna take.
Speaker 2: It, NO i would have taken. Him that was a good.
Speaker 1: Pick so now the rotation Is Bieber Freed, Darvish Tyler Glass now And George. Kirby so a little, danger little upside sounds a lot like me on A friday. Night Kelly jansen goes at nine oh, three say Yess azuki nine oh, Four clayton Cursh on nine oh, Five welsh nine.
Speaker 5: Six, WELL i, Mean kirby was definitely at the top of my board of WHAT i wanted to.
Speaker 2: DO i gotta go.
Speaker 5: Pitching i've currently Got strider And. VERLANDER i kind of want to. GO i kind of want to play the strikeouts, here And i'm struggling a little. BIT i am you know all, Right i'm gonna do. This i'm gonna go with a younger pitcher projected around two hundred.
Speaker 2: Strikeouts command could be an.
Speaker 5: Issue really altered the way he approached pitching last year by throwing his slider like thirty percent of the. Time i'm gonna go With Hunter, green who's Probably gonnay're probably gonna tell me it's a. Reach H, YEAH i was a reach alert seventy one.
Speaker 2: Percent So Hunter green Over.
Speaker 1: Lodolo that's interesting to.
Speaker 2: Me, WELL i have them right next to each. OTHER i want.
Speaker 5: Strikeouts i'm playing for strikeouts right. Now IF i want the, OVERALL i do Like ludolo a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Nine oh Seven Tim anderson After welsh's. Pick Than muno is one of the Guys i've been talking. About just did the video talking about him and nine o. Eight you could see, that by the way here in the YouTube Channel Fantasy PROS. Mlb subscribe today if you haven't, already and of course if you're listening to the, podcast go watch the. Draft it's way more. Fun Fancy ROSE, Mlb tyler, O'Neil's Anthony's Santander, oh another knife in the heart Of Ryan, Warmley Blake snell at nine to eleven or two picks last of, nine.
Speaker 5: First time For Austin hayes And Jorge. Mateo that's All that's all you can?
Speaker 4: Do, yeah Is colton kas are still on the.
Speaker 1: Board he's still, There Lee lacy still. There we can find some Old orioles.
Speaker 3: Hit you my trend of outfielders with an injury. History although he did play a lot of games last year and go With Christian yelich, HERE i know that he didn't have quite the. SEASON i GUESS i should draft and season on three second stuff in the. CLOCK i know he didn't have quite the season you know we've seen obviously, recently but he was healthy last. YEAR i think there's still upside there and a nice floor since he's running more.
Speaker 4: And then looking.
Speaker 3: AGAIN i feel like the last couple of, Rounds i've just done one outfield or one starting. PITCHER i might continue that. Pattern there's a couple of different pictures THAT i would be interested. IN i Like Logan gilbert. Here he, would you, know especially as MY sp four SINCE i already have three guys That i'm really confident, in you, KNOW i Like Kyle wright had a good. Year Logan web would be the opposite Of welsh and not going for, strikeouts but just a reliable. GUY i THINK i am going to go With, web you, know JUST i like a guy THAT i can slide in. There i'm never gonna have to worry about. Him So i'm gonna go With web as MY sp four.
Speaker 1: Here all, Right SO sp four it Is, ryan aren't you the reigning champion of our in house baseball.
Speaker 4: League as a matter of, FACT i won that league with nothing but.
Speaker 3: Pitching my hitters were, fine LIKE i Had, LINDOR i Had, MOOKIE i picked Up, adle.
Speaker 1: But sounds pretty.
Speaker 4: Good but my, pitching my pitching.
Speaker 3: Staff was like DOMIN i had like four of the top six pitchers and just like never changed him out any week of the.
Speaker 4: Season it was. Excellent BUT i appreciate you bringing that.
Speaker 1: UP i want to make sure we teut the smart people here on the. SHOW i did not win that, league. Obviously After yellich And, webb you've Got Carlos correa who signs with this. Team, Here daval goes to ten oh, three the bounce, Back Chris bryant ten o, four interesting pick here in the tenth, round huge, Boomer Bust kirk at ten oh, Five Labor tours at ten o, six The welsh at ten o. Seven with fifteen, seconds sometimes you.
Speaker 5: Just got to take the values that are. There and we are at one fifteen And Wander franco is still on the.
Speaker 2: BOARD i have a.
Speaker 5: SHORTSTOP i don't care because we're playing middle Infield Wander. Franco we're going to play a buyback and this is all the value in the world For, wander which is a top eighty FIVE adp On Fantasy.
Speaker 1: Pros, well you KNEW i was going to take him if he. Waited that was going to certainly be the. Case Two yankee starters still on the board for, Me Nestor cortes And severino certainly too to think. About after you Took, franco you Had Kyle, WRIGHT. Cj Cron Stephen kwan out there. Too he was top of my cube by the, way, too SO i was very much considering. Him unfortunately that did not go my. WAY i definitely need closer, still but outfield is so, bad it's just. Tough i'm gonna hate. MYSELF i THINK i could go Full bogman, here DO i? Dare DO i do? It? Yeah Gian, Carlos stanton slight reach whatever we, Have contreras From Saint louis going at ten, twelve And melendez it'll catch her run here at eleven oh. One back to, me Both yankees on the. BOARD i can take closers IF i, want OR i could say screw it and continue just pound the pitching, market WHICH i think is What i'm going to do. HERE i really Like severn at the end of the. YEAR i think he did very, well but again they're so, close So i'm going to Take Nestor cortes gave the value PICK i got a thumbs up a nice positive. Emoji, Finally i'll be able to sleep tonight after. That Clay, holmes WHO i was considering Now i'm, pissed went right after me eleven o, Three Jerks Ahmed rosario eleven o, Four Nico horner at eleven oh. Five welsh is up for eleven oh.
Speaker 5: Six, yeah the closure market's gonna get real bad, here real. Soon but, again looking at, values, MAN i don't necessarily need, it But i'm gonna be able to dominate. IT i can lock up my fourth. Outfielder And jake McCarthy is, here who in some projection systems is projected to lead the league in stolen bases on a diamondback team that's gonna. Run he's still out. There he's my fourth. OUTFIELDER i don't have to worry about it. ANYMORE i have a monster, outfield So i'm gonna take. McCarthy AND i did pass.
Speaker 2: Up some players that are, really really hard to pass. UP i will admit THAT i.
Speaker 5: Will talk players that were hard To you don't want to Say, Logan Gilbert, Logan gilbert was, one, right he's gone.
Speaker 2: NOW i wanted to take To gilbert pretty hard.
Speaker 1: Too BUT i already Had, kirby and it's, like how many mariners DO i? WANT i want to spread the love a little, Bit Christian walker at eleven o, Eight Will smith at eleven o. Nine then you Have Reese hoskins at ten, Eleven Horey, bolonco And ryan's up for two picks here the last of eleven in the first of.
Speaker 3: Twelve, yeah you Mentioned. SEVERINO i Think i'm just gonna take him. Here it's it's too much upside for me to creat Valuot on at this point in the. Draft and, again you, know my starting pitchers now are pretty Pretty i'm really happy with.
Speaker 4: THEM i, Mean, Nola, Wheeler, Musgrove web And.
Speaker 3: Severin know that that's a strong starting, five especially when you're, not you, know reaching one of those early early round. Guys so, uh you, KNOW i feel LIKE i say this every. Rather there's a lot of different directions you could. Go you know at this point in the draft that that's gonna be true for most. PEOPLE i could go with my fourth.
Speaker 4: OUTFIELDER i don't really want to do, that, Man i'll.
Speaker 2: You want to do, it thank you a.
Speaker 4: Lot, well, well you.
Speaker 3: Know WHAT i THINK i actually want to do and And mayer is not, here BUT i will get my oriole and just Take Mount castle since we.
Speaker 2: AH i think.
Speaker 1: He was supposed to be here today and then he went to The Senior, bowl so, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: So people don't know what that. Is joe like thet it's.
Speaker 1: A football thing where the seniors in college they play. Against at twelve oh, Two Chris, bassett nice. Value at twelve oh, Three Andy, diaz WHO i put in my cue is now. GONE a little bit of batting average that would have been, nice not gonna. Happen twelve oh. Five Nick. CASSIANOS i think he's a dude for a big bounce. Back that's the that's a key piece for The. Phillies if he has a Regular casiano, season not a bad. One Daniel bard at twelve oh. Six the, well you're up at twelve oh, Seven what do you?
Speaker 5: Got all, Right i'm gonna grab a closer. Here we haven't been doing.
Speaker 2: That it's kind of. Silly this is probably a little bit against WHAT i usually like to. DO i want to get.
Speaker 5: CLOSERS i don't want to be swimming in that really crap pool of. Closers But David bednar is still. There this is pretty good value at this. POINT i am worried about a trade at some point that makes him end up being a setup. Guy and you, Know pittsburgh just in, general is not gonna have a whole lot of save. Opportunities but he's one of the better guys on the. Market So i'm going to lock up one of my closers WHEN i still need some.
Speaker 1: Pictures all, right we'll see how that works out for. YOU i look forward to seeing that look right, now kind of a third, basement and there's one GUY i still kind of feel pretty good. About and after that is a tough. Road So i'm gonna go ahead and take Ty franz here is like slight. Reach what are you talking, About Draft, Wizard it's a good pick here twelve. Eleven he's a good. Player Taylor, ward who's not that great of a player a twelve, twelve and Then Luis raies now in The Miami marlins squad at thirteen oh. One back to. Me the closer out there keeps telling, Me Scott. BARLOW i, mean There's Brandon, nimo who's the top. Lift he's an interesting pick here to continue to get some. Outfield he's gonna give me a little. EVERYTHING i Think nimo makes a lot of. Sense here'm gonna go ahead and take the top lift here and get another outfielder because it's gross out. There that's gonna be the theme of this year's mock. Drafts outfield is. Gross, yeah and we're playing four in this. ONE i want to go all the way to. Five three was not, enough so we're playing four in this. League giolito goes next to thirteen oh, Three Brandon lau at thirteen oh, Four Jeremy penia at thirteen to, Five welsh thirteen oh.
Speaker 5: Six, well the only POSITION i have failed to tackle his first, base but there's still some pretty decent. Options i'm gonna still push it. BACK i need to get back in on the pitching. MARKET i think this guy's a pretty good Val you put up some pretty good numbers last, year high. Strikeouts there might be a little bit, wonky But atlanta is gonna get you wins And i'm gonna take him Over Pabo, Lopez Joe. Ryan they actually said the top lift Is Chris, saale but very limited. Innings i'm going With Charlie morton as my fourth sp.
Speaker 1: Here, yeah Dam Morton Charlie morton's gonna be fifty seven Years he's gonna be Like Charlie, Huff he's gonna be fifty seven years, old just still. PITCHING i want my, kids hope so kids to be Watching Charlie morton. Play that's WHAT i. Want let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about Fan. Tracks Fan tracks is the most customizable fantasy platform in the, industry offering the greatest fantasy experience of Your, Dynasty, Keeper redraft And Best ball. Leagues create or join a fantasy baseball commissioner, league invite your friends and dominate your drafts this, season and the top dynasty fantasy baseball platform in the industry is Fan. Tracks it's not even. Close go deeper with the Ultimate keeper And dynasty. Leagues create a simple redraft league or even a CUSTOMER Ca bestball league with up to two thousand. Teams if you're coming from another, service Fan tracks can import any of your current leagues and customize as. Needed, ever have a trade go, wrong or a mistake and dropping a, player fan Tracks commissioner tools allow you to undo any move with one simple. Click among the most trusted names in fantasy sports in two thousand and. Eight whether it's, football, baseball, basketball, hockey college, basketball college, football, golf, SOCCER, nascar you name, it they've got. It and if there's anything lacking in your current fantasy league, manager fantracks likely has that. Too fantasy sports doesn't, sleep and neither does Fan. Tracks with seasons running three hundred and sixty five days a, year there's a reason why fantasy players who try Fan tracks make it their permanent home for all their fantasy. Leagues sign up for free today and be entered to win an official Signed Vladimir Guerrero Junior jersey by simply going to fantracks dot com Slash Fantasy pros and signing up. Today that's fantracks dot com Slash Fantasy pros for your chance to win that official Signed Vladimir Guerrero. Junior Fan tracks the home Of fantasy. Sports and now back to the action With maryfield at thirteen oh. Seven that's another fascinating late round selection and they bounce. Back duran from The twins at thirteen oh. Eight also was on my. Board lozardo thirteen oh, nine all your Boy walker From Saint. Louis look at that going thirteen to. Ten you think that's too, early well, Shure, no.
Speaker 5: YEAH i mean the one THING i will, say if we get the one hundred percent confirmation that he is going to be in the opening day, lineup he's going to be close to top one hundred. Player this is more speculative that they really feel good about.
Speaker 2: IT i think it's a. REACH i don't think you need to take him, here BUT.
Speaker 1: I s like so Bar low goos. Next so another closer off the. Board, Ryan you're on the pick with ten seconds left here on the.
Speaker 4: Board, yep this is actually a fairly easy one for. Me i'm gonna Take Max.
Speaker 3: MONSEY i know he his season long numbers are really terrible last, season BUT i think a lot of that was a mid season. Injury he finished a lot stronger than he looked in the middle of the season last.
Speaker 4: Year AND i have a big need at second.
Speaker 3: Base you, know obviously the rest of my infield is really, strong SO i can take the chance that, well maybe he did just kind of fall off the cliff a, bit but you, KNOW i like that pick a lot here to fillip my second base, slot and then on my next, PICK i probably should get that fourth.
Speaker 4: Outfielder i'm just not in love with a lot of the guys.
Speaker 3: THERE i THINK i probably will go, well he, well since he does have eligibility, THERE i will go With jeff McNeil get some nice batting average just on the. Extension obviously is in a great, lineup So i'm gonna go with McNeil for that fourth outfielder.
Speaker 1: Spot all, right we'll continue on To welsh's pick. Next before we, Do contreras goes To. Milwaukee that's the CATCHER i. Wanted he's Gone Alexis diaz And cincinnati goes to fourteen oh, three Then rizzo at fourteen oh, four Swore as at fourteen oh, five And Brian hayes at fourteen o, six And welsh is up for fourteen oh.
Speaker 2: Seven Alexis diaz was my.
Speaker 5: Pick so that's a little bit disappointing that that went down.
Speaker 2: HERE i have not.
Speaker 5: Attack on first, base AND i Think i'm gonna do it. Here i'm you, know my power numbers are. SOLID i don't have you, know As i'm, Looking i'm not sure there's like a lead elite power. NUMBERS i did sacrifice with a couple of, players So i'm actually going to jump. ABOVE i Love Jose miranda this, year but in this, situation from my, Build i'm gonna Secure roddy Te, lenz you, know thirty plus home run power as my first first baseman and maybe get some luck a little bit. Later But i'm sacrificing the batting average for a little bit more power in this instance because of the TEAM i, built which is high high batting.
Speaker 1: Average i'm GLAD i took the PICTURES i did WHEN i, did because right now it's kind of rough out. THERE i THINK i might even take another one AND i could do. It Take Pablo lopez now with The Minnesota. Twins give that guy some some run help for a. Change i'd be nice After let's, see after you took Te, lez nice value. There you Had, murphy Then, Yashida Joe, RYAN i Took, Lopez Tony gonsol and Lent at fourteen, Twelve Brendan duriya fifteen oh. One we'll see if you can carry over last year breakout for, ME i definitely need some sort of closer situation. Here it's not, great there's no doubt about. That La clerk is the. CLOSER i Think texas is going to be better than people. Realize See seawald is the top lift quote, unquote BUT i, AM i am really skeptical that that's the guy that holds on With, munosuh just kind of clipping his. Heels Pete fairbanks is. There would you Take fairbanks or the clerk right? Now Because fairbanks also in a potential job battle there In.
Speaker 5: TAMPA i MEAN i would tell you to take the clerk SO i could Take Peter.
Speaker 2: Fairbanks SO i would probably Take Peter. Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: EXCELLENT i like. That SO i got to reach. Alert it gave me this.
Speaker 5: Space eh, yeah but all the closers at this point are in this like reach. Territory but you've got In texas.
Speaker 1: Is going to be better than people think this year. TOO i think to, say if opportunities will be up a tick with some of those pitching moves that they. Made Javier bias at fifteen oh, Three Javier, Bias Alex vradugo fifteen oh, Four Ian happ at fifteen oh. Five nice steal, THERE i, Think welsh fifteen oh, Six what do you?
Speaker 5: GOT i really need to focus on the. Pitching and we're in the one seventies AND i was, saying you know to maybe move away from him, before but now we're getting into a deal range Of Chris, Sale Chris. Sale if we can get a healthy, season it's a little bit of a. Risk he is the top pitcher on The bard according To Fantasy, pros And i've got him a little bit higher than, this so this is beating HIS.
Speaker 2: Adp AND i just need more.
Speaker 5: Pitchers So i've got this, old boring pitching staff that's centered around Like strider And green and everybody.
Speaker 1: Else, Sale Charlie, Morton, right you Have morton?
Speaker 2: Too or, NO i Have Charlie. Mooren, now, Yeah chris playing what is? It don't? Die?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 1: Right After welsh's selection of another old, pitcher all we Got hunter run for a fifteen oh, seven Dust In may at fifteen oh, eight O Jose miranda at fifteen oh, Nine Jake, cronaworth Then Matt chapman And ryan up for the last and fifteen first at.
Speaker 3: Sixteen, YEAH i don't have a closer, yet not THAT i like particularly Love, seawalled.
Speaker 4: BUT i Think i'm just gonna take.
Speaker 3: Him he's the top two ranked guy, here and at this point you're kind of just throwing darts at the closer position, Anyways so.
Speaker 4: That might have been a botch by me to wait this long on.
Speaker 3: THAT i do really like a lot of the other guys THAT i have, taken BUT i am going to take So wald and after.
Speaker 6: Him, man the players is out there as a as a public service announcement for everybody out, there don't play in twenty team leagues this year unless you hate your.
Speaker 1: Life, YEAH i just don't do. That, yeah that could be.
Speaker 4: Fun the talent, goes it.
Speaker 1: GOES i Think welsh is going to Take Adam waynwright when it comes back to him and just stay on brand with.
Speaker 2: This just get all the old.
Speaker 1: Oldies Maybe Charlie uff is still available.
Speaker 2: BECAUSE i should have had The Golden girls.
Speaker 3: Reference uh, YEAH i tend to lean towards young talented. Guys i'm gonna go With Jonathan india and Then i'm going to be able to slide McNeil into that middle infield.
Speaker 1: Spot.
Speaker 4: UH i can Put india in the middle of fil the spot's Sipping neil.
Speaker 3: Outfield So i'm going to get that slot field and then just not think about middle end field the rest of this, draft all?
Speaker 1: Right Uh Luis garcia FROM Uh Houston astros goes at sixteen oh, Two stevenson sixteen oh, Three Estrada, Merrill, kelly Our Boy, merle and Then Jordan montgomery at sixteen oh. Six the well you're up at sixteen oh. Seven what do you?
Speaker 2: Got all?
Speaker 5: Right, WELL i was gonna do something, else BUT i think there's an incredibly good value BECAUSE i got a corner infield. Spot it Took riddy Till i'm gonna. Take Josh bell moved over to The. Guardians obviously struggled when he went over to The, padres BUT i believe he can turn that around. Again decent batting, average twenty plus homer potential in a pretty good lineup Around Jose. Ramirez and this just solidifies my entire. Offense So Josh bell is A i think a really good value at this, point almost two hundred And fantasy pros to a degree saying it was a.
Speaker 1: Steal, yeah, ABSOLUTELY i agree one hundred. Percent bell probably would have been on my. Team springs, goes then Cal rawley, goes Bry, singer another guy out of the queue onto another. Team this pisces me off sixteen. ELEVEN i am up, Here oh, man, outfield you are so. Ugly it's just just an ugly. Place, Man it's just. BAD i, MEAN i Think i'm gonna do. IT i mean it's enormous. Risk but the Thing i'm gonna Take Mitch hanigher and just light a candle in. Church i'm getting the. Steel it's clapping at, me BUT i feel like it's the three, claps which is the same thing of someone else about to say it's, like why did you do?
Speaker 2: THAT i think it's a.
Speaker 1: Guy, yeah it was very much like, that all, Right so, look hopefully it works. Out probably. Won't that's that's the way it. Goes looking around some of the other talent out there, TOO i definitely Need John gray, Went lance Pac callors. Went those were another two very appealing. Guys i'm gonna ahead take another closer here Of La. CLERK i know it's not. EXCITING i gues slight. REACH i don't. Care i'm gonna do. It gets more. Saves Harrison bader goes. Next rasmussen at seventeen oh, Four soto at seventeen oh, five who's now in The. Phillies just in case you're still catching up, too in a trade there with The Detroit. Tigers he's fasceting entering it to that. Closer, MYSK i like that pick seventeen oh, six The welsh with forty five.
Speaker 5: Seconds, yeah The Jeffrey springs one kind of hurt a little bit. Earlier that is WHO i wanted pretty. Bad So i'm a little bit bummed about. THAT i don't have a catcher And i'm not gonna take one. Yet clearly because of how this market looks, Here i'm gonna're gonna jump in and snag another closer because the market is getting pretty.
Speaker 2: Bad i'm gonna go To Jorge.
Speaker 5: LOPEZ i actually Think Jorge, lopez with a year he put, up might actually be the guy that they want to put more in that closure role and Let duran be the fire. Hose SO i Think i'm gonna get some saves out Of Jorge.
Speaker 1: Lopez, still so all, Right So Jorge lopez another guy who's a late closer that can be taken. There Josh rojas at seventeen oh seven And mnesta's at, Eight Cody bellinger seventeen oh, Nine Josh naylor lasted a long time in seventeen, Ten Oscar gonzalez at seventeen to, eleven and Then ryan's up for the last of seventeen in the first of.
Speaker 3: Eighteen, yeah, well one of these picks is going to be, easy and it's probably a dumb. Pick but, Again i'm an Oriols fano Judgment. January i'm gonna Take Grayson. Ardriguez it's pretty unlikely he's gonna get a lot of innings this.
Speaker 4: Season they. Are they tend to be very.
Speaker 3: Conservative there was a report In The athletic earlier this week about how he. Was you, know they don't like to shut guys down In August. September they like to just give him like four or five innings at a, time even if they're you, know really pitching, well and try and get him to extend throughout the whole.
Speaker 4: Year But i'm just gonna take.
Speaker 3: Him it's fun to have really talented young players on your favorite. Team and also he's like a super good, prospect so oh, yeah, Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I'm happy with.
Speaker 3: That AND i also have a lot of pitching, depth you, know at this point in the, draft so you, Know i'm really comfortable with that one on the. End on the on the other, pick, man LIKE i need a, catcher but like well, SAID i don't really want any of these, GUYS i need a, closer a second. ONE i don't really want any of there's the Ex oriol trade van, scene but that's too. EARLY i might just take if it. IS i don't think it's that. EARLY i think IT'S i think it's a little too early for. HIM i might take boom corner and fielder for the for The phillies and just you, know get a nice utility player with against some upside.
Speaker 1: There you have to also take all of his feelings along with. IT i just want you to, know all, right we Got Alex lang going at eight o eighteen oh. Two the news bar is open at eighteen oh. Three sand Of ball at eighteen oh. Four Frankie, Montoss So i'm not touching with a ten foot pole this year at eighteen oh. Five so they create eighteen oh, six The welsh eighteen oh.
Speaker 4: Seven, WELL i.
Speaker 5: Would have loved For New park just to slide a tiny bit. MORE i couldn't take him. HERE i wanted him coming. Back the top guy on my board is still. THERE i am.
Speaker 2: Very big On Andrew heiny this.
Speaker 5: Year it's another one of those just older guys with just higher strikeout. Numbers he is an injury, risk And i'm a little bit worried THAT i do have two of. Those Now i've got that In Chris sale and. Him but Again i've got a lot of, these just older inning eater guys Like Charlie morton And Justin verland that make me feel little bit. Better and he's just this is a no brainer pick for, me and it actually. Is i'm surprised about. This maybe my ranks are helping. It he's the top lift on the draft, here So Andrew heeney pretty easy pick for, me all.
Speaker 1: Right he needn, McMahon ryan. McMahon that is Not vince Von grissom at eighteen oh nine eighteen.
Speaker 6: Ten you're.
Speaker 1: Fired i'm gonna take some upside. Here i'll see what The welsh thinks of this. ONE i need some steals according to The, wizard and that's the beauty of the software Here fantasy. Pros it tells you where you're behind a little. Bit So i'm gonna take shot a guy playing every day that's got some. Speed he ain't coming out of his, lineup BUT i don't care how good or bad he is AT. Cj, Abrams so give Me abrams for that middle infield. SPOT i don't care if it's a slight. Reach As nicholas goes, next But teo at nineteen oh, one back to me at nineteen oh, Two i'm gonna go, ahead take Jad martinez at my utility. Spot get a little bit of. POWER i got a thumbs up value. Pick so once AGAIN i got the love and the disrespect and back to back moments from the Draft wizard always kind of ground. You that's WHY i like the draft simulator. Here fancy Pros Josh Young great at nineteen oh. THREE i was also strongly Considering Alex cobb at nineteen oh, Four garcia From San diego at nineteen oh, Five welsh nineteen oh.
Speaker 2: Six, well this is not going to have my power. Numbers and by the, WAY i Love.
Speaker 5: Abrams the only thing that doesn't work in your favorite here IS i think every projection system On carol And abrams are low on stolen bases this, year.
Speaker 2: SO i think he's going to pass. It SO i like the. PICK i just don't think the projections are going to help your.
Speaker 1: Sixteen on the, projections BUT i think it's going to go well past.
Speaker 2: That, yeah one hundred.
Speaker 5: Percent this is maybe a little bit of homer, pick but we're post two hundred the. Position i've got some injury risk in, there and this is going to go at. Util i'm gonna go With Cotell marte post two one hundred. POST i was thinking too now batting, average hopefully the homer's pick back up a little bit the power and rbi run. Totals he's going to hit three for the, Diamondback so you, KNOW i do have a couple d backs in, here But i'll Take marte at a post two.
Speaker 1: Hundred Between marte And, MARTINEZ i was just. Looking i'm, like you know, What i'm gonna take the guy who If martinez gets back to being a thirty home run, guy maybe second life In la. Here it's a good situation for him after you Took. Marte great pick at nineteen oh. Six, man this guy was a third round pick a couple of years. Ago It's Crazy cabrera From miami at nineteen oh. Seven he's a buzzy guy right. Now Jose burials at nineteen Oh, wait another, guy and how The mighty have? Fallen anderson from The angels at nineteen oh, nine Then senga at nineteen. Ten that's a nice pick there if it's a good snow and then the worm wiggles his way into what do You, yeah, well the GUY i was looking at is also the top lift by the, software and that's read debt.
Speaker 4: Merse So i'm going to take.
Speaker 3: Him just continuing to blatantly ignore relief pictures and just continue to a depth at starting. Pitcher you, know in looking at the CATEGORIES i, Need i'm in a lot of good, spots good and you, know run stone bases and. AVERAGE i could use some power, OBVIOUSLY i could use, saves AND i could use some era as.
Speaker 4: Well can you? Live, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: You know you're looking through and, man you know you just get this part of the, drafting and LIKE i, said you're really just throwing darts here and and kind of seeing what. Sticks twenty, SECONDS i THINK i will, Go, MAN i THINK i Think i'm gonna go. Again i've we did into the upside here a lot and the you know, risk but just you, know they hit And i'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Go Jack flair.
Speaker 1: Seven, Seconds all, Right Jack, flaherty there you, go rolling the. DICE i, like look at this, point.
Speaker 4: Yeah upside after pick two hundred, Anyway so.
Speaker 1: That's, Right that's what my mama always. Said Trevor bauer speaking of Upside oa Carav So Domingez goes at twenty oh, two Then Trevor bauer at twenty oh, three free Agent Trevor, Bauer Travis, Darnault, Hudson Ritchick welsh twenty oh. Seven what do you? Got?
Speaker 5: Well the pictures? Stink Holy, god what happened to? That not that it necessarily took me off, guard but we went like we fell off of absolute Cliff here of the available, Guys i've got two. Relievers i'm contemplating going into another, one But i'm with.
Speaker 2: This this is with my.
Speaker 5: Trend here of these, old boring pitchers that can need some, innings and he's the top lift on the. Board, Ironically i'm gonna pick him over kind of a younger guy who doesn't have a rotation, Spot Nathan eovaldi his sub For, era And i'm going to round out that rotation WITH i, mean literally the oldest and most boring dudes In Hunter Green.
Speaker 1: Hey stay on Brand, phillips Then suarez rendon back to. Me you, know look at my staff. Too you, know when you're in these head to head, formats whether it be points or. Categories you know that win equity, matters and having GUYS i got got In, Cleveland, Atlanta San, Diego, Tampa, Yankee, Seattle, minnesota all teams THAT i think are going to produce double digit, wins every single one of these. Guys SO i think that's something to you, know we talked about in the football pod so much this. YEAR i want to bring it over to the baseball pod. Too good eCos, matter it just. Does let's roll the dice and have some fun BECAUSE i haven't had any yet. Really Tristan, cassis first, basement balk mid, socks let's. GO i got a corner spot with your name on. It, pal it's all for. YOU i could take a catcher, here And Danny jansen's out. THERE i think that's a decent. One you got The jonaheim AS i like to call. Him he is still on the board as. Well what is the wizard saying, though it's, saying, yeah Probably Danny, jansen just go ahead and do. It SO i probably just. Will i'll fill out that main roster here and THEN i will look for the bench players.
Speaker 2: HERE i VALUE i was gonna Take danny jo From.
Speaker 1: Welsh which means it's all the worth. It Will myers twenty one oh. Three, guy we were just talking about the other day on the. Pot if you missed, that go back and. Listen you Got rogers From, Miami Eric lawer From milwaukee at twenty one oh five in The welsh twenty one oh.
Speaker 5: Six, WELL i didn't like that you Took Danny jansen because that was gonna be my.
Speaker 1: Pick Well i'm GLAD i didn't you, then and we are.
Speaker 2: Fit we are doing the bench.
Speaker 1: Right we got four bench, spots only four BECAUSE i want to keep the show twite like a tiger today as much as we, can because the baseball draft can go along. Sometimes BUT i think we'll get this in under the hour mark for. Sure so twenty three seconds you're on the.
Speaker 2: BOARD i, Mean i'm gonna pull A ryan and be, like, well well take a.
Speaker 1: Player Mike piazza thing people ask him a, question every, question every interview you ever got From Mike piazza, STARTED, whoa, yeah you don't believe.
Speaker 5: ME i went with a third closer here Because, i'm you, know swimming in a much shallower pool of good.
Speaker 2: Guys SO i went To Kyle, finnegan who.
Speaker 5: Looks like he's the closer In washington at least for. Now just trying to get some. Saves and this is Something i'm gonna. Do IF i don't get at least an elite, Guy i'm gonna look to try to get three of those lower. Half you, know if you're in like the bottom, FIFTEEN i want to get at least three of them because the probability of one not working out is so much higher when you're outside of the locked in gig.
Speaker 1: Guys uh dj Le mayhew contrerasts From pittsburgh goes. NEXT i thought for sure that's the guy you were gonna. Take he was in my cue, like, Well ronzie's, gone SO i guess, yeah, YEAH i Thought ronzie was gonna be a. Guy John birdie twenty one o, Nine Aaron ashby twenty one oh. Ten this is where we start throwing, darts. Folks Morele at twenty one, Eleven worm twenty one. Twelve what do you?
Speaker 3: Got, YEAH i still need a. Catcher it's the last starting SPOT i. Need So i'm just gonna go with Thro. Ruiz he's the top.
Speaker 1: GUY i love that all three of us wait on catcher as long as, YEAH i, MEAN i.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't have this badly a guide to, me but he, didn't so that sort of immediately set my uh my strategy, there and THEN I i do need another. RELIEVER i have a ton of starting, pictures Like i've mentioned a.
Speaker 4: BUNCH i have one.
Speaker 3: Closer i'm gonna go he's not a closer, currently And i'm just gonna go with the talented guy out Of Saint, Louis Giovanni gegos and just take you know, again sort of the highest rngths guy here again at this, point just just go for.
Speaker 1: Talent, yeah, absolutely All, right After ruiz And, diego's you've Got Jared, Walsh martin Perez, As Tim, Loriano benintendi and The welsh at twenty two oh. Seven, WELL i.
Speaker 5: Hate all these guys pretty like pretty. HARDCORE i don't like any of. THEM i don't want any of them on my, team BUT i have to have them on my. Team and looking at the category builder, here it. Doesn't it's had me fall off a little bit as far as pitching has, gone And i'm gonna come back to. IT i think because there was a position player where did he?
Speaker 2: Go THAT i?
Speaker 5: Liked, Yeah i'm gonna go with a little bit of upside, here And i'm gonna go With Miguel, vargas who projections aren't crazy on, here but could be playing second base for this. Team looks like he's lined in to be the second baseman and they've got around four hunred play, Appearances so he's not going to like super help my projections or anything. Here that'll be something that holds me back a little, bit But i'm happy with him all.
Speaker 1: Right looking ahead, here interesting pieces, here including basically the top five guys at one. Position four of. Them we're just guys we talked about in the pod being, potential you, know big, time breakout value, guys and they're all still. Here it's just a matter of who you want to take that that is the tricky part. Here i'm sure all of them would give me the, reach which is something you want to avoid on the Draft. Wizard. Here the pitching is rough right now for, sure whether or not you believe In Justin. Steele that's one very good season last. YEAR i like what The cubs. Did i'm going to take a shot on the lefty and see what happens. There then we Have adam going Next urius twenty three oh. One back to me and here we. GO i, Mean Matt, Murvis, Kirolof. Torkolsen all these guys are still. There so it just comes down to you, know which do you believe in mervs is the one that pops the most. Here if you're looking for the top, guy It's Jock. PETERSON i know What peterson. Is he runs hot and. Cold that's not super exciting to. Me on the reliever side to still grab another closer, There Dylan floro has the job right now in my so think at this point in time it's gonna take another closer for some depth here because the closer is a little weak for. Me so we'll see if the Draft wizard rewards or scolds. Me oh hope at twenty three oh. Three and Then Tayan goes who was also a. Consideration Lords guriel now In arizona diamondback at twenty three oh, five of The welsh at twenty three.
Speaker 5: Six, well guy kind of struggled on the back half of the, year was good a little bit early. On But Tyler molly going over to The Minnesota, TWINS i think they're just a lot of offensive support. There projections are pretty decent on. Strikeouts he's the top picture on the. BOARD i want to have another picture on my. BENCH i got only four bench, spots and three of the four are probably going to be pictures. Here So i'm gonna go With Tyler molly BECAUSE i did take three.
Speaker 2: Closers.
Speaker 1: Twins twins out a good. OFFSEASON i THINK i think The twins are you, know they're they're gonna. Compete they want this and that's. Good it's a great fan, base SO i hope that they Do shrum AND i bounce back potential twenty three oh, Seven Colton wong twenty three oh. Eight another guy To seattle, Too yawl's on other team, too very. AGGRESSIVE i feel like the last two years Your cueedie at twenty three o, nine canfordoh twenty three. Ten other bounce back Candidate Bailey ober Other minnesota twin at twenty three to. Eleven and Then ryan's up for two picks at the.
Speaker 4: Turn, Yeah i'm gonna Take Taylor.
Speaker 3: Rogers he's projected next in line for the closer role In San, francisco And i'm just going to kind of hope that he gets that. Opportunity and that's also a team that's willing to give multiple guys save opportunities at various points throughout the. Year so just give me a couple extra saves, there and then on the other, PICK i still am in need of some.
Speaker 4: Power i'm not sure WHERE i can really look for that at this.
Speaker 1: Point your last, pick make it.
Speaker 3: Good i'm also kind of, well you know WHAT I you know WHAT i might do, is SINCE i need power AND i love young, talent upside is just Take Francisco alvarez and, say you know it happens top gree prospect in a lot of, places just like some of the best power in the. Miners right, NOW i need, POWER i like young, talent and.
Speaker 1: You've got one more PICK i forgot so we actually have another round to. Go but Still, alvarez he's gonna be up at some, point whether he's dhing or playing. Catcher we shall See vasquez another catcher at twenty four to oh. Two also Now Minnesota twins telling me man the twins all in The chips are In Grondal Graveman, Quantrill Juan yepez at twenty four to, six and The welsh at twenty four oh.
Speaker 5: SEVEN i uh, BOY i hate the CLOTHES i hate the catchers so so Nomadically. Uno, yeah that's one of those guys you. Could i'm gonna make my very last pick be a, closer because SOMETHING i like to do. Sometimes we're gonna just swoop in and get A chicago Cub Marcus stroman as my final bench, spot and then the final Pick i'll have will be a starting, catcher Which i'm gonna take a look at that market right.
Speaker 1: Now all, RIGHT i got two picks remaining, Here let's see WHAT i have left in the. Queue, oh let's have some, fun shall. WE i can't Believe i'm doing, this but it's just so late and it's head to head, category so why not at? All better the one to see fun and come back to? Me And i'll Take welsh's, Guy Matt mrvis in Between, Adam Wayne wright And Nick. Povettigo AFTER i Take, mervis we Have Chris, martin we Have, Hughes Brian, bellow and Then Welsh at twenty five or, Six i'm gonna just go With Mitch garver's, Apologies.
Speaker 5: Mitch, garver highest projected home run catcher that's. Here this is going to be an interchangeable spot for. Me you, said About. MARINO i just don't Think marino is going to be the given the job this. Year he's going to still be splitting Between Carson. KELLY i don't really need him in that spot unless proven. Otherwise and when you're taking a catcher at the very, End i'm just gonna be turnstyling this.
Speaker 2: Thing so that's what's gonna end up.
Speaker 5: Happening So i'll take the best guy via, Projections Mitch garver on the home run front and cross my, fingers cross my fingers that the system likes WHAT i.
Speaker 1: Did such a great. NAME i Love Mitch. Garver that's a pretty good. Name that's a dude right. There Garrett whitlock has Young Kim Drey, jamison Aj Minter, Kintana you're irrelevant the? Worm who is?
Speaker 3: It uh, Yeah i'm gonna go JUST i will Take Austin hayes because he does have power.
Speaker 4: And he's one of those areas he can go on a heater some time to.
Speaker 3: TIME i don't expect to start him a lot given my, lineup but you, know might as, well Mister. Irrelevant make it An oriel who has some, pop which is which is desperately needed on my.
Speaker 1: ROSTER i can't wait to see all the YouTube comments from for all the people that gut Just Tinks, orioles what was he? Doing he's such a HOLEK b plus for, me eighty seven out of one. HUNDRED i would go to war with this roster for. Sure let's see who won the draft, though as it's loading and it's, thinking it's The welsh ladies and. Gentlemen The welsh finishes, one team three finishes, two the worm finishes, three AND I i finished. Four it will tell me BECAUSE i reached a little For, JULIO i should have Taken Tray. Turner that's the what if it's giving. Me and you know, WHAT i don't. CARE i Want julio my. Team that's WHO i.
Speaker 2: Want ninety five out of one. Hundred by the, way ninety five out of a.
Speaker 1: Hundred but you, know hot take here, right it's showing Me Joe, Pieza Pia Fantasy pros likes my draft more than any other. Expert and that's what makes it all. Worthwhile Pablo, Lopez Mitch, haniger And adalbert The mundesy or my steals the. Trap the topper Turns, Julio Ozzie Albie's stanton AND. Jd martinez, Though so if those guys produce power, WISE i feel really good about this. Team, well who likes your? Draft who are some of the who's a favorite? Expert and who are some other experts that like?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 5: Well the number one expert Was Yahoo's dowton Dell, don who liked, it but very.
Speaker 2: Interesting number three Is Chris, welsh who loves my draft so. Much he loves it.
Speaker 5: So, much very disappointing. Though one of the thumbs Down Kelly. Kirby Kelly kirby did.
Speaker 1: Not like disagin thumbs, down BUT i expect that to be automatic the way the Draft wizards set up for. Me, Personally i'm not disappointed in. It it's just a picture Of Mike mayer giving me a thumbs. Down. Worm how about? You what do you got?
Speaker 3: Here who's Your, well Both Kelly kirby And Scott bogman like my. Draft guys that don't like it Include Pat fitzmorris And joey p liked my draft the. Least but for everybody who, says, oh he's Just homer takes a bunch of. ORIOLES i projected. THIRD i got a ninety. Three that's AN a grade on this. Draft the biggest what if for me was IF i had Taken, trout WHICH i strongly considered at that that turn at the end of the first. ROUND i obviously ended up going With freeman And, witt who are both ranked top three at their, position So i'm really happy with, that But trout was sort of my biggest what, if and it the you know software seems to think THAT i would have been a lot higher IF i had taken.
Speaker 5: Him interestingly, ENOUGH i projected number three in hitting and number two in, pitching which is why this put me so. High so my starters were the number one, overall and the what if said that IF i had Drafted Salvador perez at seven six and drafted a shortstop, LATER i would have had a significantly higher. Score they loved My, Wanderfronco Chris sale And Josh Bell picks THOUGHT i reached On Gunner henderson.
Speaker 2: A little bit and uh really interesting moved together.
Speaker 1: HERE i disagree with. That, NO i Love Gunner. Henderson you know what's, great, too is when you're using this. Software for those of you who are still new to this again fancy bors Dot com slash Draft, wizard you can back out. Picks if you, like go a couple of picks you don't like the way that's, going you can go undo and then go do another. Direction and that is a great, tool let me tell. You it really helps you kind of get your strategy. Together welsh your, Team Mitch, Garvier Telez, Chisholm Theshet, Gunner, Henderson Josh, Bell, Wander Franco, Acuna Ti, Oscar Brian, Reynolds jake, McCarthy Ketel, marte the, Rotation, Strider verlander at the, Top Hunter, Green Sale, Bedner Charlie, Morton Andrew, Heeney, Eovaldi Horry, lopez and Then Molly Stroman Finnegan vargas on the. Bench how do you feel about?
Speaker 2: THIS i like the, TEAM i like the overall.
Speaker 5: CONSTRUCTION i would like my closers to be a little bit, better but this is the, sacrifice AND i was still able to get some lateate guys for. SAVES i WISH i would have Got Alexis. Dz that'd have made me feel a little bit better Than Jorge. Lopez but it's the best OUTFIELD i probably constructed so far in all my mock drafts this. YEAR i THINK i had a good amount of risk versus. Floor my pitching staff was pretty exemp exemplatory of, that like With strider And Hunter green and then a bunch of these old guys to kind of prop. Up this is ideally HOW i want to construct, it not just Because Fantasy pros gave me the top, projector but this is HOW i want to construct these. TEAMS i got tons of, SPEED i was projected number one in runs and in stolen, bases midpack On Homer's hire AND. Rbi those are things THAT i want to put together on this. Offense and, YEAH i think it went pretty.
Speaker 1: Well ryan's, Team Ruiza, Catcher, Freeman, Muncie Bobby, Wood, Junior, Aronauto, Mountcastle, McNeil, Marte, Buxton, Yelich, Hayes, india The, Rotation Nola. Wheeler all The phillies must love. That, actually that's a really good. Three Potentially Logan Webb sevorino love those two, Also Grayson, Ronaldriguez, Seawall, Debt, Murse, Flaherty, Boem, Diegos, Rogers alvarez on the.
Speaker 3: Bench what do you, Think, Ryan, well first of, All i'm going to be investing heavily in a medical staff because there are a lot of injuries on that, roster but there's also a lot of upside.
Speaker 4: There i'm pretty happy with.
Speaker 3: IT i WISH i had more, power BUT i do like THAT i have a lot of guys that can contribute in, power even if there's not like the obvious guy who's going to go out there and hit forty bombs or anything like. THAT i like that the software SAYS i had zero. REACHES i had three. Steals that Was, Severino bowm And. Hayes, no, no no reaches for me. There i'm pretty good in, RUNS som based, average and. Wins my pitching really just the big the big hole to me is the relief, pitching WHICH i kind of knew that you, know throughout the, draft, right it became obvious very early on that that was going to be a weak point for.
Speaker 4: Me BUT i really like the.
Speaker 3: HITTERS i Think i'm ranked second among hitters overall in this draft and six at, pitching Which i'm happy. WITH i think this is a team that you can you, know the draft is just step, one, RIGHT i THINK i can work with this team and have a good.
Speaker 1: Season make sure you keep a Deepop chona on your speed dial, though that's the one thing for all those. Injuries let's go to my. Team Danny jansen at to, Catcher goldie at, first alls the, Album he's at, Second Lindor, Ty, France cassis And abrams in the corner spots and middle. Endfield Then Julio, Rodriguez, Stanton, Nimohnneger Jady. MARTINEZ i like the, offense BUT i love the Pitching Bieber, Free Darvish, glass Now, Cortes, Kirby, Lopez fairbanks And laclerk and Then, Mundesy, Floro steele And nervis on the. Bench love the. Pitching Like i'll be honest with, YOU i like the offense. TOO i think there's a good. TEAM i would like to have a better third. Baseman aeronauto lasted longer than he should. Have but who do you think has the best? Team maybe you disagree WHEN i hear from you over in the YouTube, comments so maybe you. Agree maybe it is The, Welsh so make sure you hit those YouTube comments. Again Fantasy PROS, Mlb we've got amazing coverage coming. Up join our Discord fantasypros Dot com slash. Chat go get your mock draft on fantasypros dot com slash Draft wizard or download the app and start preparing today, again the multi user drafts are, open the draft simulators, open start getting prepared for. Baseball we got short form, videos we got more mock, drafts we got, podcasts we got, Guests we've got leading off starting in just a few. Weeks unbelievable. Times what a time to be. Alive so hopefully you're here for all of, that but can only do that over in our YouTube, Channel Fantasy pros M. LB i want to thank the sponsor of today's, show and that's Fan. Tracks sign up for free today and be entered to win That Vladimir Guerrero Junior jersey by simply going to fantracks dot com Slash Fantasy. Pros, again that's fantracks dot com Slash Fantasy pros to win That Vladdie Junior. Jersey Fan, tracks the home Of Fantasy. Sports that'll do it for, Us but the story of the game goes on for the worm in The. Welsh I'm JOEY. P we'll see you next. Time, Kids it's The Friday. Farts thanks for listening to The Fantasy Pros Baseball. Podcast follow us On twitter At Fantasy PROS mlb and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot.
Speaker 2: Com Slash Fantasy PROS mlb