Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's just you.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 4: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in Podcast one eleven productions, iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia, iHeart Podcast, Pop Culture Episode A Year in the Life, Episode two, Spring has sprung. I am joined by my trepid crew. Actually three quarters of four fifths of them, three quarters of them. Susanne French, Danielle Romo, Amy Sugarman, Tara Suit will be joining us momentarily.
Speaker 1: We wait with baited breath.
Speaker 3: iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 5: Listen on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: All right, since it is my birthday today September eleventh, and this will this won't be downloadable on September eleventh, I expect everybody to sing me a happy birthday song before they really start listening. Here we go, Danielle start us off.
Speaker 3: Please all right, Emily and Lorli awkward, we.
Speaker 2: Have to do more for the birthday. Oh it's your birthday, Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Thank you for forty.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm celebrating my fortieth birthday for the twenty sixth time, actually the twenty seventh time, So thank you so much. I don't know what to say. Suzanne brought it up earlier. The older you get, the faster the time goes by. And then that's so true.
Speaker 1: Freaking me out, folks, freaking me out. Don't ask me how old I am.
Speaker 6: Just say well.
Speaker 4: Hello and say glad you're still around. All right, let's get going here, Danielle, you want to start us all.
Speaker 3: Of course they do. Okay, So Emily and Lorlai Award they sit through therapy together and Emily says, and now you've brought the room to a crashing halt. Laura la I says like it was a Penn and Teller show before this. Oh that mouth mom, where you were the one complaining that it that I wasn't saying anything without my mouth? How do I speak to quote Alanis Morissette? Isn't it ironic? Penn?
Speaker 2: What do we all say? I say, Alanis?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 2: So Danielle is the only one that says Alanis.
Speaker 3: It's Alanis. I don't know why I said Alanis. It's definitely a Lantis all right.
Speaker 2: So Susannah.
Speaker 4: Or Morisset mores set all right.
Speaker 3: Pennan Teller are a magic duo that have been featured in numerous stage and TV shows, such as Penn and Teller fool Us, and currently perform in Las Vegas at the Rio. Alanis Morsett is a singer and songwriter who's number one hit It was Ironic? Did you know? Teller generally does not speak while performing and instead communicates through mime and non verbals.
Speaker 1: Mmmmm, so san French?
Speaker 7: Okay. Rory is briefing Logan about her lunch with Naomi while they are out to dinner. Rory says, try convincing her that Willy Lowman is not one of the characters in Eschylus. Logan says, oh, well, I'm learning so much here. Willie Lowman is a fictional character and protagonist of Arthur Miller's play Death of a Salesman, which debuted on Broadway. Willie is a traveling salesman with thirty four years of experience with the same company who endures a pay cut and a firing during the play. Eschylus is often described as the father of tragedy and wrote up to ninety plays. Did you know only seven of Eschylus's estimated ninety plays have survived amy.
Speaker 2: During a town meeting, Taylor is talking about holding their first annual Stars Hollow Gay Pride Parade. Twenty sixteen was the perfect year to hold it because it coincided with an important date, the seventieth birthday of one Miss Eliza Minelli. That's Liza with a Z Liza that that kind of that seemed kind of cracked me up. And Minnelli is a legendary actress and singer and the daughter of Judy Garland and Vincent Minnelli. Also sister to her name's out of my head. But she's in Greece too. Why is her name out of my head? It'll come to me, somebody get her name. She's in Greece too, Laura sister, Yes, thank you, Scott, was I right?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 2: You get two points. Liza was married to Jack Hayley Junior for four years. His father was the tin Man, and that was her mother's most notable the Wizard of oz Okay, wow, all right, the Wizard of Oscar.
Speaker 1: You married the son of the tin Man?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm wow, which is crazy. That movie scared me. That witch was real scary as a kid.
Speaker 1: That was a freaky movie.
Speaker 2: Do kids still watch that movie like we watched it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Of Oz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or I think so.
Speaker 1: It's a classic, the original version.
Speaker 4: They still they they are still air one. It's a wonderful life. So yeah, you got to watch these things and then the Robe and the Ten Commandments, you know, and all those classics.
Speaker 5: And also it's basically, you know, connected to Oh my god, I'm sorry, I'm blanking.
Speaker 2: We get there, I'm here glitch and mine went solidly, yeah, and we get joined by.
Speaker 1: Sorry, welcome back. We where you? Huh? How's the heat out there?
Speaker 5: Actually it's finally cooling down. But I've been everywhere.
Speaker 4: So I know, good, good, good, Well at least you were out of the heat, hopefully, because that was one time I was in Florida. You got the muggy and the allators.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's a good old us, all right.
Speaker 4: During a town hall meeting to Taylor announced all of the beating, I'm sorry, were you doing this one?
Speaker 1: Uh? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Oh no, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Your birthday.
Speaker 7: It's your birthday.
Speaker 1: You get to do whatever you I don't want to do blue Blood, Okay, I'll do it.
Speaker 5: During a town hall meeting, Taylor announced that all of the B list celebrities are staying at the dragonfly in. Bebet says, hey, I brought up a couple of their credits on my phone. Sakovich did Lawn Order, Gypsy says that's not very impressive, Bebet says, and Tara Grobowski did an independent movie and a two episode arc on Blue Bloods. Lawn Order is a police procedural and legal drama series that has run for twenty four seasons, with an eleven year hiatus from twenty ten to twenty twenty one. Blue Bloods is also a police procedural drama series on CBS. And did you know that? Lawn Order featured dozens of stars to be with a few of them being Sarah Paulson, Laverne Cox, Sarah Hyland, Idris Ilba, Phillips, Seymour Hoffman, and Jennifer Garner.
Speaker 4: You know that Idris Elba, it turns me turntable. Tell you I think he can get a crowd going.
Speaker 6: That guy?
Speaker 1: You know that? Do you know that about that guy? He's a DJ.
Speaker 2: He's a legit.
Speaker 4: He's a legit, right, He's like played, Uh yeah. I think he has a residency on the island of Abisa.
Speaker 1: In summertime, so he goes there. He's like he's like this, He's like a legit DJ.
Speaker 4: This guy like a movie star ad man DJ guy and he's killing it.
Speaker 1: The guy's killing it.
Speaker 4: Taylor is concerned about the A list celebrities staying in Woodbury and the tax base of stars hollow Taylor. Matthew McConaughey buys three newspapers a day. Donald, I like that about him. Taylor and Jessica Chastain bought a full bag of assorted toiletries and two sun dresses. How would he know that? Money in the bank. Matthew McConaughey is a profound actor and producer and is best known for his work in Dallas Buyer's Club, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days and in Turstellar. Jessica jess Stayin is an actress and producer. Is she not a profound actress? Let's give her profound too, as a profound actress and a producer.
Speaker 1: And won an oscar while she won an oscar? Did Matthew win an oscar? Didn't he want to?
Speaker 2: He did? He did?
Speaker 1: He did right for Dallas Bier's Club?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, he lost about you know, I mean he lost tons of weight, fifty pounds sixty pounds whatever it was. Did you know Matthew McConaughey hasn't worn deodorant in nearly forty years?
Speaker 1: Wow? Hookham horns?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 7: I mean kind of content that people will come here for?
Speaker 2: This? Is?
Speaker 7: I agree?
Speaker 4: And you know he probably smells better than all of us put together.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 3: You know who else is like that that? I know exactly who you're going to say, Hell, Shalene Woodley, Oh.
Speaker 2: Chris Martin, Oh, these people are anti deodorant.
Speaker 1: They like the body odor.
Speaker 3: And Shalene Woodley doesn't use like conventional toothpaste like she like makes her own like it's very right.
Speaker 4: She doesn't want the fluoride. Right, Yeah, I got that. Yeah, get the recipe.
Speaker 1: It's cool, right, I mean, can you get the recipe next time you talk to her?
Speaker 8: I want next time I talked to her, I definitely want to.
Speaker 2: Let me just call Shalen welly.
Speaker 4: Don't you guys do a podcast whe her? No, you guys know everybody name.
Speaker 1: He knows everybody. Hey, guys, get on it. Don't give me this. Get on. It's my birthday. I want to recipes that too much desk? I mean with the recipe online.
Speaker 3: No, I just went down like a rabbit hole on celebrities that don't worry deodorant, and Matthew Coney is at the top of this, Bradley Cooper, camp ber and Diaz, Julia Roberts, Courtney Kardashian, Shalene Woodley. It was those those are all very very rich and powerful people. So maybe they know something we don't.
Speaker 1: Buy men, Yeah, what they do.
Speaker 7: CANi And that's that's a lot of people talking about their armpits, Like how do they know that?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: How do you get to that answer in an interview?
Speaker 1: How does how is that? How is that divulged?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 3: Way too much?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: Like they don't they hate their co star?
Speaker 4: They get asked a question about the co star who they hate, and then they say, you know, I don't wear any deodorant, just.
Speaker 2: To just to deflect, just say way too many things, like celebrities are just willing to just like blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean there's a lap in a mile a minute. It's amazing, amazing. Look, I am all in podcasts. I mean we really mean it when we say we are all in. We're like in the armpit that heavily like all in. We're in the armpits. We're telling you, we're telling you.
Speaker 1: He's wearing deodorant. Who's not? You can get this info here.
Speaker 5: Should start a deodorant line.
Speaker 1: I am all in you. That's a good idea.
Speaker 2: Celebrities that wear deodorant. It could be our tagline.
Speaker 1: That's it. Yes, celebrities that wear deodorant. Yes, I am all in bye.
Speaker 2: In who's going I'd want to do this one?
Speaker 1: I like this everybody.
Speaker 2: Michelle also gives Lorli a hard time. Michelle also gives a hard time about only be celebrities. Can you guys hear me? Yeah? So good. I'm trying to keep the train on the tracks. Michelle also gives Lorilia a hard time about b Liss celebrities staying at the dragon Fly in we we hate many fridges. First of all, we don't, of course we do. But Jack Black wants a mini fridge. Kate Blanchette wants a mini fridge. It's Dexter Schmid and Lydia Papadopa cocculus who compromise their standards and stay in our tiny rooms without many fridges. Our rooms are beautiful, but non espresso machines. Daniel Radcliffe likes his restretto in the morning and half daff of canito wait gosh, this is hard words, and his half cafinato in the evening while he reads the papers being borrowed from Matthew McConaughey, which is a very funny little callback there. Jack Black is an actor and comedian known for his roles in School of Rock, Jumanji, Nacho Libre, and Kung Fu Panda Shallow Hell no, well.
Speaker 3: Yes, but the Holiday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad we got Nacho leb.
Speaker 1: We did not.
Speaker 4: We did not know that Danielle would be so triggered by the lack of that film.
Speaker 1: In the Jack Blaque.
Speaker 7: Was also a card tooo.
Speaker 4: Danyelle just got up in our faces, right, yeah, she got so close.
Speaker 1: She just how dare you? I'm like, whoa, what's happening with daniel One?
Speaker 2: That was so bad Gulliver.
Speaker 4: Now now that I know what she was talking about, I'm like, yeah, I'm with your sister.
Speaker 1: How dare how dare anybody exclude that? Anyway? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Was Jack Black in Gulliver's Travels? That was really he was That was really not a great movie.
Speaker 1: He was Gulliver right, yeah.
Speaker 2: But he was excellent and I love him and Jumanji. Kate Blanchette is a two time Oscar winning actress and producer known for her roles in The Lord of the Rings, Aviator, Blue Jasmine, Elizabeth, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Don't look up?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Does she wear to order it?
Speaker 1: We don't know?
Speaker 2: Danielle Radcliffe? Did I just say, Danielle, she doesn't have to.
Speaker 1: Chad can do anything she wants.
Speaker 2: She can't, She sure can't.
Speaker 4: She's the best of She's the best of the best.
Speaker 3: Amy. I feel really seen right now because whenever I go to Starbucks and I say my name is Danielle, they always write Daniels.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad to call him Danielle Radcliffe. Daniel Radcliffe is an English actor who rose to fame at the age of twelve, when he began playing Harry Potter in the Harry Potter film series.
Speaker 1: Really, that's a.
Speaker 4: Really good age to be famous. It's very healthy for kids anyway, Go ahead, So.
Speaker 2: I like Scott's sarcastic wit on his birthday. Daniel Radcliffe has dyslexble.
Speaker 4: What she get to be a certain age, you don't care anymore. Yes, whatever comes to your mind.
Speaker 5: Also, he just won his first Tony by the way, he's been on Merrily We roll along on way, daniel Rothcliff.
Speaker 3: Wow, freaking love Harry Potter.
Speaker 5: Me too?
Speaker 3: What house are you?
Speaker 1: And Danielle?
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like I'm definitely Hufflepuff with like Slytherin Moon Rising?
Speaker 2: Have you done?
Speaker 5: Have you done the official quiz?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: No, there's officially like I'm definitely I'm definitely Harry Potter, like you know how Harry is, but like in his phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm I'm a through and through Ravenclaw.
Speaker 7: You would be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna send you the quiz.
Speaker 7: Danielle's you can do it tonight, please.
Speaker 3: I love it with you agree with my diagnosis of myself?
Speaker 5: Actually yes, it's pretty spot on. Okay, I don't think you're Slytherin though I think you're you're more on a Gryffin.
Speaker 1: Door side this movie.
Speaker 3: I wasn't a big fan of this, No huff, I'm Gryffindor Gryffindor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, just sane, jump on this. Michelle meltdown, all right, Michelle is on.
Speaker 4: We only want Susanne to do this. Everybody fought for this one, but Susann, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Give it to you, all right, thank you.
Speaker 7: Michelle is having a meltdown and believes the dragonfly in has reached its peak. Michelle says, it's all downhill from here. Our destinies are set, and Jennifer Lawrence is never ever going to stay there.
Speaker 1: Wait, hang on, something's missing here, Susanne. Can you do the accent?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, no, no, all the other ladies did they.
Speaker 1: And I gave this to you.
Speaker 7: I don't know how. I'm not an actress.
Speaker 8: You don't have to be an actress in pharmacy.
Speaker 4: School, but you can attempt heard a French accent before. Let's here, let's hear a French. It's all downhill from here. Our destinies are set, and Jennifer Lawrence is never but do it angry with a French accent card.
Speaker 7: Just try it, just try it. It's all downhill from here. I don't know how to do a French.
Speaker 1: That was that? Try keep going, just carrying destinies.
Speaker 7: I can't do this. Our destinies are said, and Jennifer Lawrens never.
Speaker 1: Leaving if noigan to have a beg of Jennifer light I did something like that.
Speaker 7: That's good, so you just did it, so now I don't need to.
Speaker 8: Jennifer Lawrence was named the world's highest paid actress in twenty fifteen and twenty sixteen, and is known for her roles in Hunger Games, Silver Linings, Playbook, American Hustle, and No Hard Feelings.
Speaker 2: Did You Know?
Speaker 7: In twenty fifteen, Prince Harry allegedly had a crush on Jennifer Lawrence and an aid was sent to ask her on a date to see Kensington Palace, but she declined.
Speaker 5: What a great Two truths and a lie that she has forever like. One truth is that Prince Harry wanted to ask me out, and I declined.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, Laura. I has just had her third dream about the real Paulinka. I feel weirdly bonded with the real Paulinka over this. Plus it's my dream about him this year. What does that mean that it's a good thing we didn't name Mickey Rorke, that's moing. Paul Anka is a singer best known for his signature songs Diana Lullyby, put your head on my shoulder. You're having my baby. You're having my baby. And he was on this very podcast. Mickey Rourke is an actor and former professional boxer, making his acting debut in Body Heat. Wasn't Mickey Rourke in nine and a half weeks?
Speaker 1: Yes, he was the star. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kim Basinger Passinger.
Speaker 1: Basic singer, Basinger.
Speaker 2: Okay Basinger. Did you know? Paul Anka has written more than nine hundred songs and sold over ten million albums worldwide. Also side note, if you listen to our episode where we talked to Paul Anka, he will tell you great stories about writing for Frank Sinatra and Tom Jones. So if you miss that, scroll on back in the feed and you can listen to that.
Speaker 4: Guy is still touring and still putting on great shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah he still can is, Actually he really is.
Speaker 4: He puts on like a big show, big energetic show. He goes out in the audience, he sings his butt off. It's fantastic. It's all right, Danielle, we haven't.
Speaker 1: Heard from you.
Speaker 3: I'll do the one. Lourai compares the Blist celebrities to the A List celebrities to Rory over the phone. LAURAAI says, my generation, we got Natalie Portman, not Natalie hirschlag Rory says, someone's been on the Google box. Laura I says, we got Joaquin Phoenix, not Joaquin Bottom. Rory, Oh, you're making that up.
Speaker 2: Was that their real names?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I think they made it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Rory said, oh, you're making that up. I think she's yeah. Natalie Portman is an actress whose career started at the age of twelve in the film Leon the Professional. She gained international recognition for starring as Padme in Star Wars, and is also known for roles in b for Vendetta, Black Swan, No Strings Attached, and Jackie. Joaquin Phoenix is an actor known for his roles in her Gladiator Walk The Line, and Joker and Did you Know? Natalie Portman was discovered at Each eleven by a Revlon talent scout while she was eating in a New York pizza parlor.
Speaker 2: Natalie Portman movie with Timothy Hutton. I can't think of the name, and it's kind of inappropriate because she does have a crush on Timothy Hutton and he kind of has a crush on her. Ros o'donald's in it. Come on, somebody give me the name. Rose o' donald's in it.
Speaker 3: Nobody thinks I'm googling.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Natalie Portman, Timothy Hutton. It'll come all right up. Beautiful girls, Thank you. That is a that is a really great movie and a really cute really, because they're so cute. Even how gross it is, it's still so cute. I can't judge me anyway. Nothing weird happens. It's just playful, creepy, but yes, cute anyway.
Speaker 3: And I did the next one too.
Speaker 1: You please, please, please get so.
Speaker 3: Rory catches lauralized unusual concern through the phone, and Laurel it says Michelle is leaving. Rory says, no, he's not. Laura I says, well, he's getting restless, and Rory says, well, that's just Michelle playing. Play him some scrillics that always calms him. Crilis is a DJ and record producer who has won nine Grammy Awards, the most of any electronic dance music music act and do you Know? Scrillics described how his music is affected by his synesthesia, which is the merging of senses. People who have synesthesia. I could barely even say it can see colors when they hear songs, when they read words, or field cashers when numbers.
Speaker 5: I've heard about that. It's so like people like with music. They're like, oh, it's a blue and I'm like, what does that mean? So cool?
Speaker 3: I do love me some scrillics, but definitely to like rage and not calm down.
Speaker 1: Amy do this one.
Speaker 2: Y is on the phone with Naomi, who insists Rory doesn't have the humor to write her book, especially after rejecting her whale and mouse story. It was a mouse, it was a rabbit. It's the gentile version of Fiddler on the Roof. Yes, it's the gentile version of Fiddler on the Roof. Fiddler on the Roof is a musical about life among the Jewish community of a pre revolutionary Russian village. Did you know? It was the first Broadway musical to surpass three thousand performances.
Speaker 7: Susanne hey Kirk and Lulu host a feature film and play Eraserhead. Eraserhead is a nineteen seventy seven independent surrealist horror film produced and written by David Lynch. David Lynch is known for his uniquely disturbing and mind bending visual work and for creating twin Peaks. Did you know Eraserhead took five years to make as they ran out of money and halted production due to various changes.
Speaker 2: Tara, all right, excuse me.
Speaker 5: So Rachel Raised a new chef of The Dragonfly In and Rachel Raise a chef, author and hosts of multiple shows, including the lifestyle program Rachel Ray and Rachel Versus Guy Celebrity Cookoff. And did you know that Rachel told Entertainment Tonight that she was so nervous about appearing on Gilmour Girls because everything she does is unscripted, but Lauren Graham helped her feel at ease and calmed her down on set. Did you get to meet her, Scott?
Speaker 1: I didn't, but I didn't, but I did her show.
Speaker 2: Oh cool?
Speaker 1: I did her show in New York.
Speaker 3: I feel like we can't mention Rachel Ray without saying like the things that she coined, like ebooh, delish thirty.
Speaker 2: We didn't get to talk about Sammy's enough.
Speaker 1: Oh yum yum yumo.
Speaker 3: Good Lauren, she was he was an icon though she was always on.
Speaker 5: TV, like that show ran all the time.
Speaker 4: You know, I played her feedback party down at south By Southwest with.
Speaker 1: My with the band. Oh cool, we rocked south By Southwest. Yeah she was Yeah, she was cool. Who wants this one?
Speaker 7: I'll do this one. This is my era. Lorli explains to Rachel the history of her and Michelle, and she says, I was a maid first at this other end, and I got promoted and on my first day, he was the only one who would tell me I had a weird stain on my Thompson Twins T shirt and that, by the way, I shouldn't be wearing a Thompson Twins T shirt now that I'm working at the front desk. Thompson Twins where a British pop band formed in nineteen seventy seven. The original members of the band consisted of Tom Bailey, Pete Dodd, John Rug and John Pudgorski. Did you know none were twins and none were named Thompson the band name?
Speaker 2: Didn't know that? Wait, my head's exploding. Why are they called the Thompson Twins.
Speaker 7: The band name came from the detectives Thompson and Thompson in the Adventures of Tintin. I did not know that they had some good songs in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Oh, name a song.
Speaker 7: Well, now that you put me on the spot, I cannot.
Speaker 2: Know me too.
Speaker 1: What was her big hit? Now?
Speaker 2: I have to know Thompson Twins Thompson.
Speaker 7: They had like four or five hits in the eighties.
Speaker 2: I'm getting it. I'm getting it.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, hold me now, that's what Hold me now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, okay. Emily argues with Laurai over her relationship with Luke while in therapy. Hanging out is not permanent. Marriage is permanent. Marriage is permanent. Liz Taylor just rose from the grave to say what? Elizabeth Taylor was one of the most popular stars of classical Hollywood cinema in the fifties, and is widely known for her one million dollar role in Cleopatra. Did you know? She was married eight times to seven men. She married Richard Burton twice. But my favorite was the construction worker. Do you guys remember that that one?
Speaker 7: Yes, the blonde guy. Yeah?
Speaker 4: What was Larry something something?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, he got some. He got some money too.
Speaker 2: Oh when they split?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you he got some? Do me?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He did?
Speaker 2: My God, can I do this one too? Just because I love her so much?
Speaker 1: You go right ahead.
Speaker 2: Emily continues to make her point. What's going to get you through the tough times My Wonder Woman's stamina and a box of Twinkies. Wonder Woman is my personal favorite superhero, created in nineteen forty one for DC Comics. I prefer Linda Carter women. A. Wonder Woman's signature weapon is the Lasso of Truth, which forces anyone trapped in to tell the truth. It's like she gets it around him and then they must tell the truth. Her creator, William Marston, wanted to include this power because he invented the lie detector test. No way. She had the bracelets, remember the bullet fighting bracelets and that things she wore on her head. It definitely did things. It was like a boomerang. She had a lot of powers. Yeah, I love Wonder Woman.
Speaker 7: Yes she's good.
Speaker 4: Danielle jump all over this one.
Speaker 3: All right. Riy is giving a speech to a class full of chilten students, and Rory says, I had this notion that somehow my extensive familiar familiarity with Nick Cave and Radiohead and a smattering of Stravinsky destined me for success. So I'll never forget the day that I realized my composition class required composing. Nick Cave is an Australian musician known for baritone voice and emotional intensity, and the frontman of Nick Cave in the Bad Seeds. Radiohead was a rock band composed of Tom York, Johnny and Colin Greenwood, Ed O'Brien, and Philip Selway. Igor Stravinsky was a composer and conductor who revolutionized twentieth century music. Wow, these are a lot of words. Did you know? Radiohead was originally called On a Friday, but took its new name from a song in the nineteen eighty six Talking Heads album True Stories.
Speaker 4: At the height of their powers, in nineteen ninety seven, they radio had released an album called Okay Computer which and they became the band. I mean, they were just it right, and I.
Speaker 2: Just was never into it.
Speaker 1: No, No.
Speaker 4: I my buddy, who was a big A and R guy at some label, got me the tape of He let me listen to it before it even came out, and I.
Speaker 6: Didn't get it.
Speaker 4: And then I listened to it again before I gave it back to him, and I said, oh, now I get it. And they just after that, they had so much success that they just kind of faded away. I don't think they wanted I don't think they were doing it for to become like icons or rock stars.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Has happened it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like they were like they were the Pink Floyd of the nineties, if you know it, very experimental, very British, very Oxford Cambridge kind of. You know, it was more just about the vibe and the music, and you know, these guys were very prolific musicians and they made up fancy sounds and you know, it was all esoterica. And I don't think they liked the spotlight on them, and they just kind of faded away and did much different their next album. It took them years to come out with another album. And then it was just like you know how fans, you know, your fan base wants the same stuff over and everything. They weren't given it to them. Man, They just they just did way different stuff. Anyway, very interesting story. All right, who wants this, Susanne? You want you want it, I'll.
Speaker 7: Do this one. Francie interrupts Paris and Rory's intense conversation in the bathroom at Chilton. Paris says, oh, You've been spying on me, cyberstalking me. How do you know all of this? Francie says, you invited me on LinkedIn. Paris says, yeah, right, Take a powder, Baby John, this is our turf. Take a powder. Baby John is a West Side Story reference. And did you know that Baby John was a light hearted soul and doesn't tend to get involved in gang activity in West Side Story?
Speaker 3: Danielle, Yeah, oh, gladly do this one. Paris is freaking out in the bathroom at Chilton after seeing Tristan fake Tristan Tristand I'm feeling fear and loneliness and heartache. Listen to me, I sound like a freaking Blake Shelton song. Blake Shelton is a country country music star who's married to Gwen Sebani, who is referenced in Winter. By the way, country songs are usually about loneliness and heartache. And did you know that Blake Shelton started his music career at eight years old when his mom entered him in pageants to sing love Blake Shelton, me too, Tara, all right.
Speaker 5: So in the same scene, Paris is trying to calm herself down after her meltdown, and she says, sorry, I've got three meetings and a panel discussion on the ninety second Street y and I have got to get myself together because Lena Dunham's the moderator. She cannot see me like this.
Speaker 2: Really like Lena dunhaman girls, They're like that was in the last episode. Yeah, I was. Let's say.
Speaker 5: The only note I have for this is, this is the second time that Lena Dunham has been mentioned in a year in the life hmmm.
Speaker 1: Amy, Oh my turn, Oh good.
Speaker 2: Rory is a meeting with Conde Nast and they're comparing her work to another author who was serious, funny and truthful. She's great, She's depressing, definitely. Rory then says that was Jim saying that. Rory says, definitely. Fail to find a jolly way to tell us the entire Pacific seaboard west of the I five was going down. Jim, I always like a spoonful of sugar. Denise says, Consider the Lobster It's a serious subject, but funny and truthful. Consider the Lobster and Other Essays is a collection of essays by novelist David Foster Wallace. The main message of consider the lobster is to question our ethical treatment of animals and consider their capacity to suffer.
Speaker 1: Pass the butter.
Speaker 6: That's what I say.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Susanne?
Speaker 7: Me again? Okay, yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: You would like it? You're Suzanne Frank. Don't you know who you are?
Speaker 7: Thank you for reminding me. Emily just informed Laura I she was quitting therapy as she believes Laurela I has not changed. Laura I says, what sort of transformation did she expect? I come in here, Laura Gilmour, and two months later I walk out. Queen Latifa Queen Latifa is a musician and actress whose success in the late eighties launched a wave of female rappers and helped redefine the traditionally male genre. Did you know Queen Latifah is an avid writer and owns five motorcycles and two vespas.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool five Wow?
Speaker 2: Well, Amy, me again, Wow, I'd be happy to do it.
Speaker 1: Through therapy.
Speaker 2: Laura sits through therapy with just Claudia to discuss what Emily. By the way, Oh, I almost gave a spoiler. Sorry, sorry, I almost give a.
Speaker 1: Spoiler because I already watched.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I knew I was going to do that. That That's why I didn't want to watch Summer Early, But I cheated. Laura sits through therapy with just Claudia to discuss what Emily said about her relationship with Luke. Feels like it struck a chord, Claudia says, my mother strikes more chords than Essa Pecca Solomonessa Pecca Solomon is known as both the composer and conductor and as the music director of the San Francisco Symphony. Is she still in twenty twelve?
Speaker 1: Oh it's a heat?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 7: Is he still?
Speaker 2: I just saw the San Francisco Symphony Symphony was sting in twenty twelve. He carried the Olympic torch. I'm assuming as part of the Summer Olympic Torch relay. He carried the flame.
Speaker 4: Uh, Danielle, We're back to you Little History of Violence soon, all right.
Speaker 3: So Laurlai is watching a new movie or watching a movie when Luke comes home and Laurlai says, Hi, I know you're sick of hearing this, but the movie History of Violence, Vigo Mortensen is you. Luke says, I know you said it. Before Lorlai says seriously, David Cronenberg owes you money. He must have dropped by the diner, got inspired and turned you into this ex thug guy. History of Violence Is is a two thousand and five action thriller film directed by David Cronenberg starring Vigo Mordensen, Maria Bellow, Ed Harris, and William Hurt. Vigo Mordensen plays Tom Sall, a diner owner who lives in the fictional small town of Milbrook, Indiana, with his family. When one night, two killers attempt to rob the restaurant. Did you know that? Vigo stated that during the shooting of the first bar scene with Ed Harris, he cannot stop laughing, and as a result, the scene had to be reshot.
Speaker 2: I've seen Vigo Mortensen around town too. I've seen him around.
Speaker 1: I wonder why he was laughing?
Speaker 7: HM, so's that French Okay Naomi has a lawyer called Rory to dissolve their non existent book contract. Robert, the lawyer says, and miss Shropshire would like you to sign a letter waving all rights to the whale and mouse idea. Rory says, fine, it wasn't exactly The next Cloud Outless, Cloud Outlas is a twenty twelve science fiction film directed by siblings Laana and Lily Wolkowski and Tom Tykwer. The film stars Tom Hanks, Holly Berry, and Hugh Grant. Did you Know? In two thousand and five, while working together on the London set of V for Vendetta, Natalie Portman gave a copy of the original novel to Laana Wakowski, who became deeply interested in it. This led both of the siblings to write a first draft of the screenplay.
Speaker 1: Soon all Right.
Speaker 5: Laura is meeting Rory in New York to keep her company when she's coming up with her new book idea. Laura says, new York, here we come. Rory says, be thinking about lines. Laura I says like scarface. Rory says, wrong lines. Scarface is a nineteen eighty three crime drama film starring Al Pacino and Michelle Pfeiffer. The film takes place in Miami, where a Cuban immigrant becomes the biggest drug smuggler in Florida and is eventually undone by his own drug addiction. And did you know that? Al Pacino ad lib the word yao as slang for cocaine during the chainsaw scene. After learning the Cuban accent, the director Brian de Palma liked the words so much that he kept it in.
Speaker 1: Brian de Palma's birthday is today too.
Speaker 2: Oh, same birthday as him. That's funny. And then he came up, that's funny, Amy Lourai has arrived in New York City. Trust me, wowing into scaffolding and falling backwards over the city bike showed me the folly of that. Laurai says, Rory, you're going to be on New York One. Laurai, Well, if they make me look bad, I'm going to punch Pat Kierenan right in the mam sack. First of all, Wow, Patt Kieranan is the morning anchor at New York one and has been since nineteen ninety seven. Did you know Pap portrayed himself in The Avengers, Ironman three, Spider Man and many more. Oh, he really gets a lot of those superhero movies. Being that we're all in California, we probably don't really know paq Heernon, but I bet people on the East Coast are being like, yeah, pack kern right now.
Speaker 4: M hm.
Speaker 1: Danielle Romo. You are up to bat all right?
Speaker 3: Rory arrives back to the hotel room just as Lauralai wakes up from a napp. Laurlai says, you look weird. What's wrong? Rory says, I slept with the Wookie. Wookies are fictional humanoid aliens in the Star Wars universe. Did you know George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars franchise, named Chewbacca the most notable Wookie after his.
Speaker 1: Dog Wow, Susanna French, take us home, all right?
Speaker 7: Rory continues her story about sleeping with a Wookie, and she says, and then he invited me back to his place. And if you say, did you take the Millennium Falcon? The Millennium Falcon is the spaceship Chewbacca and Han Solo used to travel from galaxy to galaxy in Star Wars. Did you know the design of the Falcon was inspired by a partially eaten hamburger.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is funny.
Speaker 7: I don't know have the math.
Speaker 2: I'm sure someone's done the math, right, Like, if it's spring right now and she's winter, spring, summer, in fall, we find out what we find out, we know it's not the Wookie.
Speaker 7: That's correct, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: That is the one thing I know about Gome Girls is who's the daddy? And if it's.
Speaker 2: Definitely Logan, So now we know it's Logan. It's definitely Logan. Oh sorry, you don't know that anyway, that's not even a spoiler.
Speaker 3: Time out. So if it's winter in.
Speaker 2: It's spring, yeh, spring when she sleeps with the Wookie inter spring, maybe six months pregnant when she's not yeap correct, So it's definitely Logan. Yeah, because she sleeps with anyway. Yeah, correct, the math does summer. Yeah, the math doesn't math. Thank you for saying that.
Speaker 3: I like that does good.
Speaker 2: Summer is so like, let's just tease summer a little bit right now. Terrible, really bad.
Speaker 3: It'sitely bad.
Speaker 2: It's it's worse. No, no, I think it's it is fine.
Speaker 5: I think that summer is worse, but that's just me.
Speaker 2: Summer is worse than spring.
Speaker 5: No, sorry, spring is worse than summers.
Speaker 2: What I meant to know Summer is just come back. Yeah, but way underutilized automatic points. He's back for like five seconds. They should have used him so much more.
Speaker 3: He's only back for five seconds. In the entire movies.
Speaker 2: I mean it's literally three minutes. Oh sorry, it's not good.
Speaker 7: It's more than that.
Speaker 2: No, it's just that one scene, right, it's Susan.
Speaker 7: No, it's not miss there's something that you're missing, but I can't say.
Speaker 3: Does he come back and fall?
Speaker 2: I tell you you have to watch it. Okay, okay, all shut up? Good times, everybody, Good times all.
Speaker 4: Everybody that's gonna wrap it up pop culture for spring.
Speaker 1: You're in life.
Speaker 4: Thank you, ladies, tars suitsus in French, Daniel Roma, Amy Sugarman, my Intrepid Crew.
Speaker 1: I'm Scott Patterson.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for your downloads, your comments, keep your cards and letters.
Speaker 1: Come in and remember we and I am all In.
Speaker 6: Stay safe everyone.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody up again.
Speaker 4: Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com