Speaker 1: Well can ate everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five Bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets when you use the promo code leading Off. It's me Joey p. That is the Welsh, and it's you the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks hanging out with us. It's Friday. The baron has the right idea. Friday Beer's Welsh. Let's go. Let's get into the Friday Beers special announcement. Though before we get into all that, we're also going to be doing the show a little early on Monday, so instead of twelve thirty start, it's going to be a noon Eastern start. Just set your calendars appropriately. Want to get that out of the way. We got some important business stuff to do. Sometimes the business of the business's got to take over, so we're doing that. But we will be here. Leading Off will be here, Welsh will be here, I will be there and Welsh. When we're here, we are dangerously close to twenty thousand subscribers.
Speaker 2: I'm when we're here on Monday, one hundred percent going to be at twenty.
Speaker 1: We have to be there we are hope we.
Speaker 2: Are twenty something people away as we record this, which means we will then be announcing maybe that made maybe Our Monday meeting is about the twenty K that will be then announcing our special show, our special twenty K show, which you guys, what we have planned will be phenomenal.
Speaker 1: So it will be It's gonna be fun, It's gonna be a good time as always there and now I hate to bring us down here after all the good times and the Friday beers. But yesterday there was only one home run call from all the peanuts and Crackerjacks that actually hit just one. It was a terrible slate. It was tough limited games is a Thursday, so that was kind of bad. What made it worse the only person who got the home run call was Mike Mayer. And even worse than that, worse, worse, sir, the home run call was Ryan Mountcastle, his boyfriend. So like I happened, this is yesterday is a bummer. Like that was a big bummer, So I want to wipe the slate clean. Congratulations to Mayor though forgetting the one long home run call. So the leaderboard obviously is not going to look too different today when we get to the home runs, but it's.
Speaker 2: Hard to do. That's hard to do, by the way, to have one home run call and then for it to be a character involved with Mayer, that is pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, Tim saying, isn't Joey p Italian his family should at least count for twenty thousand alone. You're right, and look have you got family here on the show. Even my daughter subscribed to the show because they're good kids. But I don't think they're frequent watchers. They do not care, but they're subscribers. They support the family supports that's what they do. But speaking of support, the Mets rotation is going to get some support. Christian Scott, a guy we've been talking about for weeks now, is going to get the opportunity. Twenty four year old pitching prospect for the New York Metropolitans. He is going to get a shot here fifth round selection. He's got a three to two ERA, a point seven to one whip, thirty six strikeouts, six walks in twenty five innings. So I don't know how long this is going to be Welsh, but I'm going to try to live in the moment and be excited about tomorrow because tomorrow sorrow is Christian Scott Day.
Speaker 2: It is very exciting. We've been speculating about it. Howser ended up having another one of those starts, another one of those things. It's not in his spot in the rotation, but this is what we're talking about, Like they weren't going to hold him back for this long. Some really good positives on Christian Scott. You know his stuff. He's been maintaining three four pitch pitcher. He's given up only one hit in two straight games each, so two hits over two games, which is nuts. But check this out. He has given up twelve total hits this season. Seven of them have been for home runs. So there's a little bit of a home run problem, which is kind of aproposed to me to brandan solo home runs?
Speaker 1: How many of them? Like I'm asking you, there's some great pitchers back in the day. We're gangbusters for that where they would give up a lot of solo home runs because they were just pounding the zone. They didn't care you're gonna get one, that's fine, You're just not gonna do it when someone's on that firm.
Speaker 2: Four of the seven are at least solo homers. I don't know about the other three.
Speaker 1: I was an chilling thing before he went crazy. He was notorious for giving up solo home runs because he would challenge guys what he didn't have to and sometimes it would burn him. But he was like, hey, I'm throwing strikes. I'm trying to work through the lineup. This is what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 2: It's very reminiscent, I'm telling you, it's very reminiscent of Brandon Fought. Like Brandon Fought was a basketball sweeper, change up guy. That's what Christian Scott is. Velo's are maybe like a tiny bit lower than what Brandon Fought does, but you know he like sits around ninety three ninety four. But if you sit in the zone a little bit too much, if that sweep doesn't sweep enough, and then you're pounding the fastball in, you're gonna give up some homers. So it's a little bit more of a flyball guy. So it's something to watch. Here's a positive. I think they're going up against the Rays. The Rays are like bottom six in the league in homers per game, so they don't hit a bunch of Homer. So it's either gonna bend and you know it's gonna be a great day to have Richie Pelasios or Yandi Diez or something like that over the weekend. Or it's just a better matchup for a guy that hasn't been giving up a bunch of hits, can rack up some strike ups. To thirty six strikeouts over those six starts so far this year to only twelve hits doesn't walk a ton. This is what we've been building for. I wrote in my Prospected Stash article. I pretty much start him in any capacity unless it was a team like the Braves. Here's a unique thing. I believe it's the Braves next week. So he's gonna get this start against the Rays, and then he would line up I think maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: Not because Tyler McGill is still working his way back and he could end up going back into the rotation. Here's a weird question. I can't believe we've been asking this several Reno's pitch well, Bhuteau's pitched well, Christian Scott has shown a lot of talent the Mets, and Koda Senga is working his way back from injury. Is the Mets rotation good? Did I wake up this morning? Is the Mets rotation actually good?
Speaker 2: Is it good? That's a tricky question. Mets and good rotation forget?
Speaker 1: I said it forgets. Yeah, let's say.
Speaker 2: I think it it toes the line of being good. It's very strong.
Speaker 1: I mean it's funny. Severino is usually the perfect guy that I would be like all over this year in fantasy and drafts. I would have been all like, yeah, like post type whatever guy coming out of the Yankees, Nu chain. But it was the Mets. I was like, oh, this can't he did, so I avoided it. But he's been terrific. Kyle Bradish four and two thirds, one run, four hits in his return start against the Yankees. Welsh, Any thoughts on what you saw it a Bradish yesterday limited in terms of you know what the innings were going to be yesterday. I think we all knew that going in, but tough challenge against the Yankees. Look like he passed with flying colors and his arm is still attached to his body.
Speaker 2: I would agree all good things. By the way, thirty three percent CSW percentage had a bunch of whiffs. Thirty eight percent on the slider couple on the forcing fastball, so he was setting up. He got the eighty four pitches, which is pretty great. There was no big crazy VL decreases, which I think would have been the really big thing to look for. Looked like vintage ish Bradish. Big win for anybody that had gotten Bradish in drafts, people had dropped him and picked him up. He just goes right back into it and he kind of lines up you just talking about Christian Scott, you know, he kind of lines up with Bradish being good that We'll see how far this goes as far as the other picture that was on the prospect list, Kid Povich that I had talked about, and see if he gets to start soon. But like Bradish being good is one of those reasons that pushes back them experimenting or anything like what John means. But yeah, I'm all in. I'm great that Bradish is back. He is a definite buy if anybody is just kind of like waffling about it, because coming off of that injury, going eighty four, I don't care about any big crazy limits. That's positive. That's a bit that's better than I think what we're probably going to see. How a walker Bueller on Monday. I'd be shocked to see him go eighty five pitches or something like that. So this is the injury that I can kind of look past a little bit.
Speaker 1: And Kad Povich has no relation to Maury Povich. Right, you should know. And the reason I ask is it's not a joke because a lot of people will know this. His dad. Surely Povich was renowned baseball writer. His dad is named Shirley's name is Shirley. Shirley Povich, I want to is also on the Ken Burns documentary Baseball. If memory serves to Kate, you are not your father? Is Joe completely making this up? You just don't know.
Speaker 2: I would imagine a guy like Kate Povich has been asked that three to four hundred times per week. So I'm gonna guess no, or we would have heard about it.
Speaker 1: So surely Povich was an American. He was a sports commist. I want to say, not Washington Post and that was dad. That was Maury's dad. I will bet journalist before the you're not the father stuff, just say.
Speaker 2: I will bet you we will get a nice, quippy little article from the Athletic or something very soon. If Kate Win Kate Povich gets called up if he is related to Maury. I promise, there you go.
Speaker 1: I am serious, and don't call me Shirley. That's the perfect thing for the Baron's on fire today, Barrett's crushing in the check.
Speaker 2: Lots of don't call me Shirley's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good, it's it's a class.
Speaker 2: That was Leslie Nielsen, right, oh, says he is.
Speaker 1: Not the father. I didn't think it was the father. I just didn't know if he was a relative, just saying.
Speaker 2: But he also might just be doing he is not the father.
Speaker 1: You might know that.
Speaker 2: Don't call me surely is Leslie Nielsen? Right?
Speaker 1: That is Lesli Nielson from Area.
Speaker 2: Did you know that I worked with somebody who I don't I don't have much detail I want to give. But they were directly no no, no, I'll tell you offline.
Speaker 1: But they were done with Chris Welsh.
Speaker 2: How they were directly related with Leslie Nielsen. And I got all like to the estate and everything like that, like they were a direct relative of Leslie Nielsen. So I always got the stories about Leslie Nielson before he passed.
Speaker 1: There's stories about Leslie Nielsen. Yeah, yeah, yeah, fun or after the show stories, after the show stories. All right, let's tell a story about for instance, Golden Door drove in four runs off the bench yesterday. I kept saying he was one of my bilows. In fact, on TV, I did a whole segment on him last week on the Last Sunday Show, just by it like he is a good player. He has got off to a slope, a bad april, slow start, whatever you want to call it, doesn't matter. By Okay, this is a little annoying, but not you know, something we didn't kind of think was in the range of outcomes. John Singleton two for three to two run Homer. He was starting at first base yesterday, Low Brafiito on the bench. Any concerns here or worries here that liw Brafiito's going to get behind Singleton and a brat is going to come back up and little Brafriito's gonna get kind of, you know, downsized out here.
Speaker 2: No, because Luperfido has been playing in the outfield and he hasn't been playing first base. So I think that's the positive. He made a bunker's play the other day that bounced off of the wall. He bare handed it and threw the guy out at second So no, I've actually said I think that that might be the good thing to look for Luperfito, is that they're not throwing him at first base and making his only spot. He'll start to move over there. What is interesting is I think they sat him just the other day. God was it versus a lefty and then Singleton was it. I don't understand the Singleton thing though, he just had a couple RBI and he's doing that. I just don't think at this point positive that Luperfido is going to be affected by whatever would happen in the future with a braw. To me, this is a Singleton of bray you situation now because they made a commitment that luper Fido is gonna stick up there.
Speaker 1: But it's worth a pickup then because, like Jerry's asking here in the chat, I guess in the deeper leagues bats yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a deeper league, I would consider it. I don't know if i'd be cutting him for anything like really positive. I think he's going to continuously struggle, but yeah, deeper deeper league.
Speaker 1: Uh. By the way, I was right, Shirley Povic was in uh the Ken Burn's Baseball documentary. He's the very old guy with the very big horn rim glasses that tells a lot of these great stories, like about like you know, like the nineteen nineteen White Sox kind of stuff. Like great stuff, man, amazing guy. We need it.
Speaker 2: We need a comeback of like those really good like half inch thick glasses.
Speaker 1: Like people agree, well, maybe twenty thousand, maybe twenty five thousand should wear enormous glass. Enormous glasses on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that'd be great. Yeah, we have the ring lights that are just.
Speaker 1: I think we should let the Panza cracker Jacks pick the glasses at twenty five.
Speaker 2: K oh okay.
Speaker 1: Tunny, we've already decided upon I like twenty the twenty. We're sticking with the twenty. All right. One more thing to get to here. Walker Buller schedule to make a season debut on Monday. Celebrate Everybody, May is Walker Buller Month. There you go, everybody, your expectations for Walker Buller rest of season? Do you think there's any way he gets back to form because a few years ago, Walker Buller, I think we forget, was a dominant fantasy pitcher, but unfortunately injuries have kind of derailed that the last two years. So what is your hope like is if he is a mid to back and starting pitcher here, is that enough on the Dodgers to make you excited and fantasy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he was that on the Dodgers, I'm not super optimistic. You could tell that by the open earlier. I don't know how Dv's gonna go. H The Velo has been kind of a struggle. They just brought him back last year, you know, like he was gonna come up and he was gonna get some time, and then they just shut it down and they were completely done with it. The babying has me worried to the point that I don't know if we're going to get the old school Walker Bualer. But it's all speculation, so like at this moment without seeing him in the majors or anything like that. No, I don't have insanely crazy high expectations because the rehab stuff has not been great. We'll see it when he gets out there. But if he is eighty five percent of what we've seen in Walker Bualer before, that's going to do very well. On the Dodgers, that's going to do very well. But I'm worried this is a eighty pitch pitcher that's lower V lows getting hit up a bit more and is chasing what we had before. But that doesn't really matter. Like if you own him, you put him out there, maybe on a good start, you sell him or something like that. But he's not like available in spots. But I would pick him up. I would see what we have out of him, but my expectations are low.
Speaker 1: You know. Walkee Penguin said that she had a massage appointment earlier this week, right, but she seems still pretty angry and like, I don't know if that really worked to ease the tension. She's throwing stones here in the chat. Why at Langford is this year? Is Jordan Walker absolutely towards springing then poof.
Speaker 2: Ouch burn well well but kind of similar in that you know Walker thing, but still after if I got a massage, I don't know if I'd be that angry at White Langford this. I'm not a big massage person, by the way, to be honest with you, Okay, like chiropract like, nah.
Speaker 1: Out of me. I don't want anybody crack in my back.
Speaker 2: I was like I remember I went one time at this ankle thing, and I was like, yeah, please don't do anything crazy, and they're like okay, you know, and I was like like, so I don't like any of those things, so it actually makes me more angry. But the interesting thing is like Langford, you know, is hitting for average ish and not putting up a bunch of accounting stats like Jordan Walker was last year. I think it's going to go in a different path, you know what. Let everybody go and go drop your Walker White Langford, your Walker, Langford Walk.
Speaker 1: I'll drop your Walker Texas Ranger.
Speaker 2: That's right, I will go pick them up. I think it's silly to be losing your mind, but I understand when you like paid really high early prices. There's actually a lot of similarities with Langford and Walker right now, but I think it'll go in a different direction with Wyatt.
Speaker 1: All right, I want to talk about little rookie, lookie, I want to talk about Kobe Mayo here for a second, if I may, we need to two for six another homer five RBI yesterday. Norfolk is amazing. I want to go see a baseball game in Norfolk. I remember like other teams have been through there, but over the years. But uh, what do you what do you make close to Norfolk, Virginia? No, not not, I don't know. I don't. I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't have this. Okay, but see that that's insane to me. You're like, no, it's not close at all. But I could drive that.
Speaker 1: You could drive like you have like six hours, like I don't want to drive like.
Speaker 2: Seven states that are like within reach of each other. Like here in Arizona, everything is five hours away from.
Speaker 1: Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey. Yes, like even Maryland is not that far away. Virginia is a bit of a hike. I will look, I'll tell you. You talk about Kobe Mayo, and I'll tell you how far I am from Norfolk. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, one thing not mentioned is Kobe Mayo, his homewer. Now in four straight games he has a I believe he's number two in baseball and homers louper Fido, who's gone thirty one RBI in thirty games so far this year. He's hitting three thirty three and almost four hundred. He's essentially got a three four almost seven batting slash right now. His strikeout rates a little bit high, which is maybe one of the things they would have is like an excusey type of thing, but he's absolutely destroy He's the destroyer of Baseball's that.
Speaker 1: Is there a place for him? Though?
Speaker 2: Yes, If Okay Ramonaius bye, jorgem Mateo bye, you guys can go, and then they can have Westburg be the everyday second baseman and Kobe Mayo can be the every day.
Speaker 1: So then Jackson Holliday gets buried at Norfolk? Is that what happens?
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome, that's what he's doing right now, one hundred percent that that is how it's going to have to go. The only other caveat to this, he's like, you could have Kobe Mayo be the guy that goes in place first base, but they don't want to give up on rank Mountcastle, so there's only so much.
Speaker 1: Maybe they huge Mike Mayer would not be happy about that.
Speaker 2: We would have like a whole thirty minute like you know, Memoriam to Ryan mount Pats.
Speaker 1: Which is ironic because if Melcastle lost his job to a guy named Mayo, which is our nickname for Mayor behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: That's cross fingers fabulous. If the Orioles want to do it, they can do it. But you do have this balance of like how many young how how much of this Norfolk roster do we want to have on our majors. You want to have like, you know, veteran leadership guys that have been through the ringer, and you've also seen like what happened with Jackson Holiday. So I think they're going to kind of slow roll some of these. But we are getting to like we can all scream about prospects and stuff like that. I could do ooh commins Junior Kim, and I don't know what we're doing with Kobe Mayo. I don't know what we're doing right now. He has nothing to prove there except maybe stop striking out so much. It is twenty seven at the time that screams thirty percent at the majors. Outside of that, though, he's just destroying everything. He really has nothing to prove to be there. And I really do think they should give him a shot and see what it's about. But you know, maybe Heston Kirshtek can go away and then Mayo can go between first and third and d H maybe play him in the outs.
Speaker 1: And embarrassment of riches. It really is donning.
Speaker 2: I don't remember a team that has had this level of riches at Triple A man and they still have Connor Norby k Povich who we talked about, Mours Mori's kid, all of those things. Those guys are still there. They're still there.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think that's a that's a great question if you if you've got an answer, who had this sort of abundance of talent.
Speaker 2: At one level that was closed one level.
Speaker 1: At one time that also had guys who were young and fans. I mean, I can only imagine we have to go back to one Braves organization in the nineties perhaps like you know, like into the Dave Justice, Ron Gamt Chipper Jones kind of stuff, and then other guys came up, and then they had to move those guys to make room for the next Like that might be it, but that's apecial. By the way, six hours, eleven minutes Norfolk is away from me.
Speaker 2: I mean that was okay. That would be like me going.
Speaker 1: And when the bathroom breaks and lunch, that's gonna be seven and a half. Let's be okay.
Speaker 2: But but it is true, like you guys, you'll be like, well this is over in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Philadelphia's an hour there you go, that's fine. What's going over two hours for something I don't know? Two hours is like, I'm not a big car driving guy. I gotta like long drives and on the highway stuff. And no, no, I'd rather get on a plane in two hours, be somewhere totally different, like Nashville was two hours and like change. For me, that was so much fun when we went there, we had the best time.
Speaker 2: It was a plane right. Ever, I just like, for you, well, yeah, I'm gonna have to request, like I'm gonna have to get my own private jet or something from fantasy pros.
Speaker 1: But if they were paying for the flight, I don't know why you booked. They put me on.
Speaker 2: Southwest though, And I was sitting there and I was like.
Speaker 1: You put you on, Say you booked your own flight. I can tell you book your flight, book your flight, yea, And what happened?
Speaker 2: How do I get that? I can actually like not.
Speaker 1: Be like fly United. That's all I fly, and.
Speaker 2: It feels so good.
Speaker 1: Good. Let's get to three up and three down. By the way, a new episode of the cycle will drop two. Make sure you guys check that out. Mayor with his one home run and Ryan Warmley getting it on there and talking about baseball. Our long podcast is great. They do fantastic work. It's only on the audio feed. So if you haven't already subscribed there, while you're subscribing this stuff, subscribe to the YouTube channel. Again, we're like, what twenty away from twenty k let's go. Let's get after it, folks right now. Subscribe to the channel. If you're watching, if you're watching it back, whatever it is, tell your friends subscribe comment below. You might win this Fantasy Baseball championship belt from Trophy's Mack. It's glorious for just being a subscriber and a comment or on the channel. But keep the comments clean. Please positivity. We're a place of positivity. You can have constructive criticism. Let's keep things positive. I like that we have a positive environment. We have a good vibe.
Speaker 2: Here is how many times have you seen someone with some garbage, crappy comment win a trophy thing. Let's just point that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Every comment is the thing. But if you say something garbage.
Speaker 1: By the way, shout out. Also, because the winner of or the best of April betting I sent over to Blaine, they're gonna get in touch with you over in Betting Pros. No, I will get the name here. I'll bring that up again. But they are getting a hat or t shirt of their choice from Betting Pros or Fantasy Pro. So citing times there free stuff again betting pros dot com slash leading off. That's how you get that. But I've got to hear somewhere the name of the winner was uh, I want to say it correctly here Chad Petty, Chad Petty twenty one. So they're gonna hit you up, Chad. I made sure that they sent that in today, so good on you. It's a new month, new month of May.
Speaker 2: Made you made that feel like there was gonna be this big pronunciation of a name.
Speaker 1: You're like, Oh, now I chouldn't it because it's fy. What's the name Tom Petty? Let's his name? Eh? Eh? What the hell?
Speaker 2: You play the best old person like that.
Speaker 1: I remember Shirley Pofach and I were on a train from Washington, d c. All the way to Philadelphia and we were on that train with Ty Cobb. And let me tell you, those were some colorful stories from Ty Cobb. I did not care for them whatsoever. He was a mean, old, nasty man, and I didn't like him at all. He also in a liquor store after he retired. A lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 2: I just want to let you. I don't want tow.
Speaker 1: I could go for a half hour, No I know. Let's go, three up, three down. Jose Al two May three for five with an RBI and a stolen base against the Guardians Kyle Harrison five innings, but most importantly, Welsh over seven strikeouts. There you go feeling good about that one one of Welsh's best. Yes, right. Juan Soto still hot, although the Yankees they kind of get it down because they've struggled a little bit against the Orioles lately. The Nats offense get shut out. That's a down. Adrian Hauser, this is a down. Four runs, five innings. I want him out of the rotation. I want to see Budo. I want to see Christian Scott. That's it. That's all I want to see. And Carlos Rodan my number one cell high from last week, seven runs, six earned. Told you let's go. You missed the window. I hope you listened. Look, we have been really good about the buy low, sell high around these parts for the last four weeks, so pretty good. Please the love of God, listen to us. We know what we're talking about when it comes to that. Injuries Welsh, Nick Bavetta five k's four runs and three innings and his rehabs starting to blay. Kyle Hendrick seven strikeouts, two runs, five innings. Everyone's on rehab assignment. Garrett Cole is targeting a mid June return. Are you buying that, let's say, June fifteenth, over under Garrett Cole?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm buying that. But you were the one that was like, get out, get out of the Garrett Cole business. I think we're fine in the Garrett Cole business.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think you're fine. So you're gonna get more than twelve and a half starts. That's my over under.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me up. Whatever the math is when he comes back. I think he comes back on time mid June, and I don't think there are any real setbacks or anything like that. But also, I'm a big old, stupid injury dummy, So don't listen to me.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 2: If a guy is on the field, I am blinders to the potential injury. I'm like Mike Trout blah, blah, look like that's just how I am like. I'm like, listen, there's a great value on it. If you don't have to pay the what he could be priced, why would you not want it? But there's injury risk. So to Joe's point, he gets back at the time, I can tell you this the one thing we should agree on. You don't trade him or consider trading Garrett Cole up until he's back in the majors and doing Garrett Cole stuff. There's no other point that's worth it, because when he comes back and does Garrett Cole stuff.
Speaker 1: We disagree.
Speaker 2: Because when he's back, then he is back forward.
Speaker 1: What if he doesn't get there? What what the minute he gets announced for rehab assignment is when I'm doing it? If nightmare is well, he went out there in the rehab assignment, didn't feel too good, and then you've waited all this time for nothing. Now, if you're going to get out of the Garrett Cole business, and I recommend trying to just to see, that's what I would do. We can disagree on this, This is perfectly fine. We're still friends. We could disagree on this, but I have zero tolerance right now for this stuff like it has been a rough year. If it perhaps if pitching hasn't been such a complete hot mess all year with injuries, maybe I feel differently, But I don't. It's been a hot mess. Well, if you're gonna give me a picture that's healthy, then I know is healthy that I know is good for the rest of the season for Garrett Cole, who might not be Garrett Cole level. I will take that picture and I will run with or give two of them that.
Speaker 2: What you should do, by the way, is somebody came up with this. Was it yesterday that we did your funny bit where you were the like the the lawyer. It's called one eight hundred Joe wins and the number works out. I wonder what that goes to. What eight hundred Joe wins should be your new hit?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: When you get curmudgeon about something and you should be like, I'm gonna get you what you want to get a return for Garrett Cole before it all falls apart, I'm gonna get you that should be.
Speaker 1: You're just telling you. I mean, we've been to how many time does a guy have elbow issues? Elbow issues get shut down and it all works out when we all go oh, because you know it's Gangbusters. It's great. I'm so glad we dodged that bullet. I'm just trying to remember when that was here. At Tanaka was the one guy that I remember it came back and pitched after. But he was never quite the same guy. Let's not pretend like he wasn't. And he did not have the surgery. Everybody remembers that he did the other stuff, and he was gonna, wait, you want.
Speaker 2: Out from Bratish? Do you want out from sat? Do you want you want out?
Speaker 1: We went out from It wasn't an elbow, it was a shoulder, and it was a different issue the elbow specifically. Tell me when the last time somebody had one of these issues? Shut it down Gordon Ramsey style and then came back and everything, which was perfectly fine.
Speaker 2: The rest of the Yeah, I mean, I don't know. Let's get a hat. The one hundred Joe wins that should be we need to tell me, tell me, tell me when that was.
Speaker 1: He can't well, I got the question.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not dodging the question.
Speaker 1: I don't have all that dodge no question.
Speaker 2: But I also I was in twelve.
Speaker 1: I did tell me and ZERGI and he came back and terrible.
Speaker 2: Man. I think you're also lumping every single picture with every single type of arm issue in together. And you're like, oh, you're doing that.
Speaker 1: You're doing that with Senga. You just had the shoulder. I was like, No, Sega's got a shoulder issue, not an elbow. I'm talking about guys with elbow issues get shut down with elbow inflammation. Everybody comes or elbow strains or UCL issues and everything's fine. When they come back, it doesn't happens.
Speaker 2: You know what the positive is about that? Sure, it's not a full season. It's a half a season for Garrett Cole. So can he be good for.
Speaker 1: Half of a season?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 1: And this is exactly why you sell him, because there's enough Welshes out there, and I don't think so. I can't wait now. Now, this is gonna be my mission in life is to watch the Garrett Cole stuff. It's gonna be like Mike Trout all over again. So its like I don't want to be the Grim Reaper. It's just the facts. It's just the world we live in. Let's not sure there's coming back because he's an animal. He's four hundred and twelve years old, but he doesn't care. He's making another rehab start next week and no, is it back in the thumb? Is it a UCL issue? Why do you keep changing the narrative? Why if you're changing the narrative, you're like, oh, how about can send? What about this guy like he's got a neck issue, he's got a thumb.
Speaker 2: All his pictures ugly as a dog.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, you keep changing the narrative. I'm being very specific about him.
Speaker 2: Just being pokey because you want to know all the all the time.
Speaker 1: It's a Friday, and I'm I'm easy to poke right now. Let that be known. On a Friday, I'm easy to poke. Christian Hobber finally rehab assignment this weekend. Uh and then Brax and Garrett fired five shoutout innings on Wednesday in a rehab start. I mentioned earlier shoulder Issueylo McGill he's going to be back on a rehab assignment in double A. I don't like again. I've seen Tyler McGill. I know what he is. It's fine. Massa Taki. She, by the way, could end up needing surgery in the left thumb, so that's gonna keep him out even longer. Not that he was like crushing things, but fun fact, the most productive offensive outfield and baseball this year has been the Red Sox. What do you think of that?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm actually surprised about that, but it makes sense because of how good Jared Durant has been.
Speaker 1: If they're us unbelieved.
Speaker 2: Tyler o'nil has been insane, you know, I'm gonna bring this back to me and give me some positivity. One of my bold predictions in the preseason was that Masatakiyoshida, who, by the way, I want to mind everybody, was being drafted as the first of the outfielders. I said he was going to be the third most productive outfielder on that team, and Jared Duran and tyler' neil have been more. But they're also probably looping in Rafaela will you're a bray you and if you take all of that, yeah, they have gotten like a ton of production out of that team. But I think I think that status lifted by Tyler O'Neill specifically, Like, Jared Duran has been awesome, but Tyler O'Neil has just been like on another world. But you know that's selling opportunity, closing.
Speaker 1: Clothes and some of the comments in the chatter hilarious. Give Joe some stewed prunes, he'll be fine.
Speaker 2: There's so many things like God, if we could get that old look of yours on a shirt.
Speaker 1: Joe Win. Everyone says I look like Robert de Niro when I do that, and I do, yeah, well, I look at Robert Daniro. Anyway, I do the face. It's a good face, it's pretty good. But when I do this, I look exactly like when de Niro is at the end of Goodfellas and he's telling little rain Brocco, Yeah, yeah, I got the fur coats. You're right down there. Yeah, just go. He's gonna have her whacked, and like the two guys are waiting for and the thing, and she's like, no, no, I'm good. He's like, no, I'm not go in there. Dog. What are you doing? Why are you getting the car? Why you driving away? Let's try to whack you.
Speaker 2: What are you doing a lot of pokes today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's getting whacked and everyone's getting poked. That's why you come for leading off its day, That's why you stay all right, this is a fun Friday show. Let me tell you know what else is fun on a Friday. Best Bets of the Day with Joey b and the Welsh. Let's go, everybody. Make sure you're placing your bets over at bet three sixty five bet five bucks get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets when you do with the promo code of leading off only at Bet three six five Welsh, I'm gonna keep it simple today. I understand George Kerby's going against the Astros. I don't care. I'm going opo because the four and a half number on the strikeouts too low for me and the juice is too much. I'm going to the alt line six and a half. I'm pushing the envelope. I'm pushing my luck. It's probably not gonna work, but I'm gonna try anyway. I'm gonna take a page out of Welsh's book. Two San Diego Padres first five with Dylan Season on the mount against Arizona Padres minus one eighteen. That's where I'm going on this one Red Sox plus one and a half on the run line. You get plus one fifty money on this against the Twins and then keeping it simple, some money line wins today. The Yankees at minus one sixty eight, the Cardinals at minus two ninety and the Padres with Dylan Csus been terrific this year on the mound at minus one ten. You put them together, you get plus three hundred. That's right, three to one Yankees, Cardinals, Padres. That's my parlay of the day, Welsh, What do you have for the people on fun Friday? Oh?
Speaker 2: I want to back that George Kirby so bad.
Speaker 1: Hey, you want to back that Kirby up?
Speaker 2: I can't because Houston is the least k percentage team in all of baseball. They strike out the least.
Speaker 1: So I just I'm going but you know what, I'm putting my faith in George Kirby. That's what I'm doing. It's gonna be wild, It's gonna be crazy, but there we go. Go ahead. What do you have?
Speaker 2: All right? You mentioned Boston. Boston is in my play of the day because I'm gonna take their first five money line, which I think that three six five actually has one of the best lines out there. At minus one fifteen, Boston is eighth in scoring through the first five. Minnesota is only eighteenth. But this is about Tanner Hawk, who is on the mound, who's given up only seven earned runs in six starts this year. I also am very, very intrigued with his k numbers. So anything I can do to be involved, I get the full game line on what you have with the run line. I could play that as well, but this is a pure Boston is either t you know, if they're tied, then we push. If they're up by one run through the first five, I win. So we're going ten or haup. We're backing him on the Boston first five Seattle in Houston. That's how I'm backing George Kirby today because I'm going first five under four and a half runs in that game. Because you know, Reno Blanco has been very good this season. I don't believe he's given up more than tour in runs all year. You've got Kirby who has back to back starts without giving up a run. Also in it, Seattle sixth worst in first five scoring. So like, if you are going to say, okay, George Curby is gonna kind of shut them down to some degree, what can Seattle do against Blanco? They're one of the worst, you know, scoring teams through the first five, So I'm going under four and a half runs through that first five. I really like that one. And then it's kind of a two piece er. I get two alt strikeout lines. You know you're playing an alt strikeout line. I believe on George Kirby correct, Yeah, you aline I have today. I have two ALT lines. Don't want to call them ladders or anything like that that I'm gonna go too crazy with it. But here are the two tan or how can we mention up against Minnesota at plus seven strikeouts, that is at plus one forty five, I think he just had a nine strikeout game and Minnesota strikes out a ton, and then Sonny Gray up against the Chicago White Sox. White Socks are weird sometimes and that they're like they can be the worst and then all of a sudden they don't strike out. But Sonny Gray has been one of the best in all of baseball. He's racked up huge strikeout performances. You can get seven strikeouts at plus one forty right now. If I were to maybe go to eight plus, I'd be looking at Sonny Gray as well. So I like those two and those are all my bets of the day.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Make sure you download the Betting Pros app use the tools to make a smarter Also, make sure you're joining our group because May is a new month. So the best person who is betting in our Leading Off group at bettingpros dot com slash leading Off, we'll get a hat, a T shirt, maybe from Welsh's collection. I don't know, but we're gonna give that stuff away too, because we like to give away fun things here over on Betting Pros and Fantasy Pros MLB. Those are the best bets of the day for Friday. I have a great weekend, everybody, all right. Mike Mayer entered the chat and immediately asked if they talked about Mountcastle yet. Yes, we have, Okay, we talked about it already. The board obviously looks the same pretty much here. I don't see Mayor on the board, so as long as I don't see him on the board, we're all safe. So Welsh for the weekend, I'm keeping it simple. I'm going with the one one. He's swinging a hot bat here. He's at home this weekend, so just fish in a barrel for me. I'm looking to get at least one homer over this weekend with one Soto, if not two, because that tiny little ballpark known as Yankee Stadium. Welsh, where are you going with your home run call for this weekend?
Speaker 2: A little baby ballpark. I'm gonna go with Bobby Witt Junior at least for today. I'll probably jump in and make some alterations over the weekend, but going up against Michael Lorenzen, I'm gonna get Bobby to get me on the board, and I want on Monday, thirty minutes earlier than we are normally broadcasting at twelve. It's nine o'clock my time, twelve at noon Eastern, when you guys are all here for the early show. I want to be on that board. I want to be at twenty k followers on the YouTube. I want to be on the home run board, and I want you there early for all the big important meeting that we have after.
Speaker 1: That's right, big meetings. All right, Let's get to a couple quick things here too. I see I'm a gd wizard. I traded away Cole yesterday with Tyler n Neo Volpi, Michael King and Kowser got back CJ. Abrams and Otani. This is a lot to take in here, a lot. The best piece of this deal is O Tommy, and the second best piece of this deal might be CJ. Abrams. I think you won this, Wiz. What do you think? Welch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm always about the best players. Is this dynasty, is this redraft? Is this team? Is this twelve?
Speaker 1: And I think wiz Whiz just laid it out there. He trade a bunch of things that are you know, like we'll Neil's been terrific, Volpi's looked really good. Cole is a question mark? And would you get back to luck in starters who are high end, top fifty players, top twen.
Speaker 2: It almost doesn't matter, like what you're doing. I was only pointing out the point, like.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter what you're doing, what depth.
Speaker 2: You killed on your team or something like that. But who cares? You got a Tani and Abrams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of guys getting called up, like Ourelvis Martinez. We've been talking about Aurelvis. I think he gets called up soon. Welsh your thoughts here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just got to find a spot. I mean, yeah, no one everyone is talking about Eerrelvis Martinez. Actually, Scott we have been talking about him as we're talking about him. He had an insane April. I think only two days in the entire month did he not have a hit. He hit three ten. I just wrote him up and moved him up on the prospects to stash. The problem is is finding the space the offense could use it. But when they do, he's a shortstop and they're not going to put him in place of Boba Schett. So are they gonna play him at third? Are think playm at second? If they do at second? Okay, over David Schneider, what happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've just.
Speaker 2: Got weird stuff they've got to figure out. Yeah, but some of these guys just have like some of these teams have weird placement they got to find on prospects. I assume summing.
Speaker 1: Up soon, the Jays have not been great, so they gotta do something.
Speaker 2: I mean, bobash it has not been great either.
Speaker 1: That is also a fact. But we've been great here and we appreciate all of you hanging out with us on a fun Friday again. We'll be back noon on Monday, Eastern time. So wherever you live, do that math in your brain. That'll do it. For us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids, Bye bye,