Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco.
Speaker 2: And now your host, Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: Today is Tuesday, February twenty fifth, twenty twenty five, and we are fifty eight days away from the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Welcome into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. It's Miller Time. It's also NFL Combined time. Players hit the field in Indianapolis at Lucas Oil Stadium this week. We are so excited to have something to talk about when it comes to the finality of these players. And with that being said, we've got a lot of our groups spread out across the country right now. We've got some individuals in Indianapolis like Tommy and Nick. We've got some individuals in Arizona for Ranger spring training like Zach and Brian and Bobby. So we've got one of the best to ever do it on the Draft Show, Vatch Lombardi back.
Speaker 4: Here, Fotch.
Speaker 3: You know, We've got Aiasha Morrison back on the show for the first time this year, I arnicles. I cannot tell you how excited those that have been watching have been on the mentions and on the Twitter waves and the YouTube waves to get you back in the fold.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Doug.
Speaker 4: I was seeing all the mentions people have been messaging me.
Speaker 3: I was like, did you feel a little pressure?
Speaker 4: Yes, star power, I'm gonna keep it the thousand on here.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm like, y'all, you ever had people like getting excited to have you on a show like that?
Speaker 6: Means they cussing me and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. They don't like me like that?
Speaker 4: Why you gotta be faking like that? Do you know people like you?
Speaker 7: They tolerate me. They they put up with me. You know like you you are you are a star are to Aha, I'm not.
Speaker 6: One of those.
Speaker 4: It's nice to be back. The Draft Show means a lot to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I definitely have some fomo not being in it, But I've been paying attention to you guys. Get some insight from you guys. It's been different for me because you know, with the Draft Show is like I think I have I'm going at a different pace this year, which I actually am excited about because it's allowing me to even go even more in depth than what I was before.
Speaker 4: So I'm happy to be here, happy to talk about.
Speaker 3: With you guys, no doubt about it. And you and I have taken a trip to the Combine together before, so you know what that process is like. You were at the Senior Bowl, so we got to catch up with you out there for a little bit and mobiles, so you know what that's like. I mean, you have the experience, and you have the background now, and you're an experienced NFL draft analyst vet in your own right, so I kind of want to ask you just generalities of this draft class. I mean, what are some of the things that you've kind of latched onto and seen across the way whenever you're doing your research. What's your general feel about what twenty twenty five looks like.
Speaker 8: I'm obviously one of the best running back classes we have seen in a while. I think you can grab a guy in the third, fourth, maybe fifth, and like maybe beginning of the fifth and be like, you know what, this guy can actually come in and play. Obviously, we talked about the defensive tackle position and all the versatility that is there.
Speaker 4: I also too, like I.
Speaker 8: Know, we're not gonna talk about it much today because you know, it's a quarterback is quarterback, but I think some of the gentlemen that you know, this quarterback class is some a class that people have been down on. But as you look within in the games and some of those things, like, you do see some guys that you're like, Okay, well maybe he will be, you know, a bout Knicks type guy or have that type of impact. So for me, it's really the running back class, the defensive tackle class, and also too, I do think there's some good guards out there.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 8: It's not obviously not as rich as it was with TA the tackle position as it was last year and things like that, but m one of my things is there's a lot of tackles in.
Speaker 4: Disguise, a lot of guards in disguise as tackles.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and.
Speaker 8: That's again I'm still very fresh in my study, but those are some of the things I've noticed so far.
Speaker 6: What y'all got, may I please? Right?
Speaker 7: You know, we even got in our little group chat situation texting about quarterbacks and I was like, by a humbug, I'm not here for quarterbacks, but the Cowboys probably have to do something as far as young quarterbacks go.
Speaker 6: Is that even something that y'all are on board?
Speaker 8: Where?
Speaker 7: And look, they don't care nothing about us, right, but we got knees, we got stuff that I would like to have, And Brother Jones came out and said, yeah, we would likely entertain the trade and that could be mean to trade in a fifth or sixth round pick to go get like a veteran or something like that. Do y'all even think that, Like, do y'all think that it's room to draft a young quarterback just to sit down and develop. With Dak Prescott having four years under his contract coming up, Like, is that even worth it?
Speaker 8: I kind of get your thinking with all the other needs you have, because hater tots.
Speaker 6: Give me another lineback's heavy.
Speaker 8: I mean, the amount of guys you're gonna have to especially with the injuries and then possibly resigning guys. But I also will say, like, I think we saw that David Moore reported that, you know, maybe.
Speaker 4: They're not gonna sign back Trey Lance.
Speaker 8: So then it's like I saw a lot of people comments on my post about Okay.
Speaker 4: Well what about Will Grier? He's on the rosters.
Speaker 3: He's there, so I.
Speaker 8: Would you is Will Grier an upgrade that If that gets hurt, I'm going back in the draft mode for twenty twenty six late, all right, And that would be the reason why maybe they would be cool to get in a quarterback in the later rounds.
Speaker 4: I can't think of anything other that's.
Speaker 6: The key though.
Speaker 3: It's got to be the letter. Later rounds. We're not talking top one hundred picks. We're not talking first, second, third round. If you wanted to trade for a veteran and make a move and package one of the four fourth or fifth round picks you're gonna have, sure, maybe you could do that. I don't have any names that even I would throw out there, even if I was able to tamper and throw it out there, I don't have anybody that I would want. But the if you wanted to maybe entertain that option with the fifth round pick, sixth, seventh round picks that you have aboard, I'm I'm here for it. I'm not here for another premium pick. You've already wasted one fourth round pick. Yeah, because right now it is, it's a waste. Trey Lance was a wasted You tried it. You saw what he had, you thought maybe you struck gold, And if you're not going to resign them, then then it's west, plain and simple. So I don't want to do that again. I'm okay with talking about later picks and throwing some out there, but right now, when he said that yesterday, I get the general sense that they would throw a dart at the board maybe in the sixth or seventh.
Speaker 7: Round question because I'm just not sure. There's an imaginary team on the West coast allegedly allegedly and boy they just got I'm just assuming they got this Pro Bowl pass catcher type character.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like, is that a trade situation or is he a free agent guy?
Speaker 3: That would be a trade situation.
Speaker 7: So would you rather Okay, somebody come and just said, would you rather like Kyle McCourt Syracuse, right, would you rather him? Or would you rather send a five to some miscellaneous team for a pass catch that can help you?
Speaker 3: I would rather do the second one.
Speaker 6: I don't even think it's room for like you both of those.
Speaker 7: Though you got five, you got four to fives four fives, man, I need some linebackers because we hurt. I would love maybe like another running back just because the running back class is so fit.
Speaker 3: Would you rather go get a veteran quarterack back, veteran quarterback to back up Dak Prescott, or go get a veteran linebacker to fill your linebacker room, because that's kind of what you're deciding.
Speaker 8: Because I wonder what the veteran linebacker thing. I wonder if there's even any interest in bringing back Kendricks. Obviously Kendricks, like I felt like last year, he dealt with some injuries, but towards the latter part of the season.
Speaker 4: I thought we saw him kind of come together and play better.
Speaker 3: I wonder a thirty three year old linebacker, I wonder.
Speaker 8: If you can get him for the lo lol lolo or whatever and bring him back.
Speaker 5: And as opposed to the lowe.
Speaker 7: That's very low, goodbye, that means super low, just as low as you no knock the Kendricks.
Speaker 4: Don't get me, don't get me fired up.
Speaker 8: But I personally think some positions require veteran and I am sick and tired of this linebacker corps always being in limbo because you do not have a steady veteran to teach these guys to mentor these guys. I mean, and obviously we heard the players last year talk about just even though Kendricks wasn't on the field all the time, just the impact of having a veteran that's been there, that's done it, that's seeing it.
Speaker 4: I'm ready for that.
Speaker 8: I think there's some key positions you need veterans in, and to me that would be defensive tackle, and it would be linebacker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm always going to like if I could take a pick and get a veteran with his young team, everybody's you know, curious about leadership and all that. I would love to bring as many old auxiliary type dudes I can bring, because look, if Dak was on like some one year contract or something, right then, in my mind, I'm going, okay, I'm gonna use one of these fives as like a roll the dice, as like a you know, like a lottery ticket type thing. Right that is here, So if he's here, there's no young dude taking over anytime soon. So it could be Kyle Youmans and i Asha Morrison playing backup quarterbacks for me.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, got.
Speaker 3: A cannon son't watch out.
Speaker 7: I don't if I need if I need a second or third quarterback, I'm just not even interested anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, if Dak is out, then you're out right, if that is as a team, If Dak is out, then you're already down.
Speaker 7: I don't think Will Grier is gonna win us the last eight games. If something bad happens.
Speaker 8: That's how football go though, Like you lose your quarterback.
Speaker 3: The expectation drops significant.
Speaker 8: It drops significantly. But I will say too, and again this is not my perspective. I'm just speaking with Dak Prescott and some of the history that he's had, Like some of the injuries have been freak injuries, but some of them are just legitimate injuries.
Speaker 4: Is that something that they're thinking about.
Speaker 7: And if that's the case, they think about If that's the case, I want to do what the Eagles did and get like a Kenny Pickett type type character, right, like a like a higher up here type backup guy, but a fifth rounder shooting the dice on him to come in save us. If that gets I'm not trying to do that. So if I'm trying to find the best, and they probably tried to do that. They sent them forth to get Tray and they hope that Trey was gonna turn into something that was gonna be.
Speaker 3: Something that was that stab it was.
Speaker 4: I guess I get that.
Speaker 7: So you know, if and if there's not one of those dudes available, because it ain't even thirty two starting quarterbacks, I like, so let alone go find some backups somewhere. Unless you find me Jameis Winston or something, then I can I can feel good like like like that type.
Speaker 6: Of dude, you know what I'm saying. But if it ain't.
Speaker 3: Somebody that's gonna add to your locker room, even if he's not playing that kind of.
Speaker 6: Thing, James is gonna give us some damn content. You hear.
Speaker 4: Other sidelines gonna be the best it's ever.
Speaker 3: Alex Lilly, our editor in the back, is going to be just beaming whenever we signed or trade for Jared. I don't even know if is he a free agent. I think he is, hell yeah, could be, who knows.
Speaker 7: But as far as them fives them fives, I'm drafting another uh tackle on defense because that group is fantastic, and drafting a running back. I'm sending that fifth to go get a wire C from some damn team over there. I don't know whatever, and hell with the fifth word is your oyster?
Speaker 4: I have a question, man.
Speaker 8: So when you talk about Shoddy coming in and taking over obviously as the head coach, there is a gentleman that is somewhere in Pittsburgh that is I personally, I'm not sure what his contract situation is, but I do feel like he is kind of in the latter part of his career.
Speaker 6: What alleged position he played.
Speaker 4: Huh, the the one that have the ball a lot?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, okay, yeah, okay, Cowboys ride, cowboys ride?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay?
Speaker 4: Would you be interested even in that?
Speaker 5: Like again, think Pittsburgh is interested in that.
Speaker 4: But are they?
Speaker 8: Are they interested in keeping him? Because I was listening at the same bowl I have him my ears little to the ground. It sounds like they might be over it. So for me, it's like, if they're.
Speaker 4: Over it, there's history there with Shoddy and things like that.
Speaker 3: My question is who else did they have?
Speaker 6: I take the other one, Yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Nugget, the other alleged young one that likes horseshoes a lot and played in one.
Speaker 8: But they're in a weird situation period right now at that position to where I think they might be willing to part ways with one of those humans if they are, Are you interested in anyone of them?
Speaker 7: If that's my backup, they can have a five. They can have a five if that's my feeling.
Speaker 8: Because I think both of those guys at this point are in that range that you folks.
Speaker 4: Are talking about.
Speaker 3: I like that idea.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just was starting out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the I love how like we have to talk in like code because half of our listenership is probably like, wow, that's what was really like? That was that was funny.
Speaker 6: How don't work man?
Speaker 3: And then the other then the other half is like, what the hell are they talking about?
Speaker 6: The security? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Walking down? Uh No, all those players are free agents.
Speaker 7: Case oh so justin justin Field, yes, and Russell Wilson can come right up in here.
Speaker 3: But that's what I was missing. I'm looking at the list right now, buddy. I'm not up to speed on on Pittsburgh's free agents.
Speaker 7: Russell Wilson making thirty eight dollars in Pittsburgh. They're not gonna give him no money or whatever, you know what I'm saying. So I think that'll be a prime you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying, do you think would you rather have one or the other?
Speaker 6: I would rather have Fields and Wilson rather have the nugget.
Speaker 7: I would have the youth for you what I want. I think he's physically better right now. He doesn't have all the processing stuff that Russell has in the experience.
Speaker 3: But and I also don't want the stupid like storylines that would be around Russ at that, Yeah, because it would be unbelievable.
Speaker 6: This is gonna be dumb.
Speaker 5: Regardless formidable that.
Speaker 8: I think he would be a formidable backup at this point obviously either one still needing to develop, still needing some time. I think Dak would be a good fit for him. There are some similarities in their game. How would he fit here.
Speaker 3: It's almost like taking the Trey Lance deal again, but you're only sending a fifth instead of.
Speaker 8: A fourth, and I do, but I obviously there's more playing time there, there's more experience there. He's played in multiple systems. I think maybe that would be a good start for that part.
Speaker 7: Justin Fields. In the well, you ain't got to send a pick for him. So, yeah, he's better than any quarterback you can get in Day three, especially in this draft. This draft don't really stretch like that.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 7: Dylan Gabriel maybe a guy that you would assume because you know, he's throwing some cool little pad, he's won some games, whatever. But I'm you know, feels with the athleticism in the arm.
Speaker 3: Could you pair Let me think of it this way. I'm thinking back to BODENXT. You meant you brought him up. One of the big pluses for boen X last year is that he had his top college wide receiver go with him to Denver. Is there a way you could pair quarterbacks here with some of their bigger, uh more utilized wide receivers. So like Dylan Gabriel, you can say, Tess Johnson, Yeah, I think you know.
Speaker 6: I like to.
Speaker 8: But with Dylan Gabriel, one thing that I noticed at the Senior Bowl, and this is something that I heard numerous scouts say.
Speaker 4: Talk about his.
Speaker 8: Height, yeah, and the size obviously we talk about it, but seeing it in real time, the guy can deliver a ball. The guy has fantastic touch in those things, but bebe he could not see over those offensive linemen at the Senior Bowl. And I do think that that's something that even we saw with.
Speaker 4: Bryce Young. We saw with Bryce Young, We've seen we saw with Russell Wilson.
Speaker 5: Earlier in his career.
Speaker 8: Drew Brees is that those guys eventually adapt and they figure it out, like it takes them a little time to figure it out. I really like, I really enjoyed, have enjoyed Dylan Grey Brown what he's able to do, and obviously too, he knows how to distribute the ball across the stars, which I wouldn't be opposed to him in the later rounds either.
Speaker 7: I don't think there's anything wrong with going for the older guy though, because we've been seeing this emergence of the old man. Q just kind of coming back. You know, Baker's having a.
Speaker 3: Business on that tam in California. I think, huh, there's one on that team in California that you were talking about.
Speaker 6: He wants some money though, Yeah, my money ain't no free agent.
Speaker 5: Yeah huh.
Speaker 3: We're making a reference back to the early part of the episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're talking about the Boombox people.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no. The other California team.
Speaker 3: The one that happens to have like maybe a hypothetical receiver that they are pass catcher that they want to maybe like trade somewhere.
Speaker 7: He like thirty eight used to be in some some Midwest team being California, and I just want a super Bowl.
Speaker 6: Its ago just allegedly.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter picking it up.
Speaker 7: It just takes a long story short. I'm not drafting quarterback in day three at is. I'm going to go find defensive tackle because defensive tackle stretches.
Speaker 3: Yes, So what position group that you've watched, Ayisha, that has that same caliber, that depth in this draft class that you think Dallas can wait pass the first three rounds on, Because that's been a lot of our conversation is how do you spin those first three picks, first, second, third, round twelve forty four to seventy six because you have to wait. Now you luckily get to stack the back half of your board and you get to throw a lot of darts at the dark board. However, what position even gives you confidence that it can get there?
Speaker 8: I think it's only like obviously to me would be defensive tackle and maybe running back.
Speaker 4: I do get it.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna hurt when there is a run on running backs in the fourth round. Ind but no, I think with the defensive tackle class, like I know we're gonna get to it, but I mean, even I think about a guy like Josh Farmer, who I think is gonna go a little later because some people have some questions about him, But I again, like he's not super flashy.
Speaker 4: He does and always looks super pretty. But a player, you.
Speaker 8: Can add, that's going to have impact to me almost immediately.
Speaker 7: What you guys think, I will save my Farmer take for the this or that, But you're absolutely right. But just another unit that goes a little bit far. Just looking at my at my board here, you saw all these.
Speaker 6: Edges I got.
Speaker 7: I was thinking the same thing. I got twenty six edges. Man, And by the time we get to this, I can only assume that some of your round three edges will drop down the four in some of your round four guys go to five. So by that time, you know, Josiph Stewart, Michigan, Powell, Ryland, you know what I'm saying. V take Joey Ivy like Jerry Ivy, joe Yavey, Joseph, joe Ya, Joe. There's there's a there's a lot of guys you Jared jarediy O Mess, There's a lot of guys you could just lean on Tyler Bear in Miami.
Speaker 3: You know so, Hugh Robinson Alabama, A couple of these guys.
Speaker 4: I don't want to butcher his name, but the gentleman out of U. C.
Speaker 3: L a Ola Ola de Joel.
Speaker 8: Seeing him at the at the Senior Bowl, y'all, yeah, every day, I was like.
Speaker 4: In the world is ninety nine?
Speaker 8: Like his pops off the screen, so much power, not super bendy, but still has good balance. He's another guy that I think people are gonna be because the motor is just it runs.
Speaker 6: He don't even know how to how to pass.
Speaker 3: Rich He's got he got switched. Oh yeah, this this place in the background.
Speaker 7: Ye we got Phil, Yes, sir. He don't even know how to pass. Russhit. This just all ball get off burst as well. And he's fantastic in the run game for a stand up uh you know, edgy type guy whatever. I'm a big fan he is. I got him into four, but I can see him going higher though. Somebody gonna like him.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Same thing he told us at the Senior Bowl that he started as a linebacker, was recruited as a linebacker. Even some teams will still list him as a linebacker. But that man has an edge rusher, no doubt about it, and I moved him. I had him kind of like fourth or fifth round when before Senior Bowl, I had him in the four, like four to five, that little cheater grade back there, And when we saw him at the Senior Bowl, I bumped him to a third. I'm telling you, as an edge rusher, I think, like you said, there's fundamental aspects of his game that aren't great. The handwork, the footwork, the balance, the bend. But he has all the natural ability if you could get him in the right place and put him in the right position to be successful where he's not doing that and he's not playing off the second level and instead he's rushing from the line of scrimmage. I think this dude's going to be a monster.
Speaker 8: He's such a good mixture of power and speed, and like you mentioned, he just working off of genetics to be taught, like for someone to help him work his hands more. I think he's going to be a problem.
Speaker 3: So yeah, any other late round edge that you kind of keep your eye on. I mean, I know Baron Sorell was a Texas edge rusher, a little undersized, but he was somebody at the Senior Bowl that stuck out. That would be somebody in the day three range for me.
Speaker 7: See man, At one point I did have him as like a day three guy, but he just kept whopping folk.
Speaker 6: He kept where's he at?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 6: He's a he's a he's a three for me. He's he's a high three for me.
Speaker 3: It's sight these edges.
Speaker 7: The Currell Swinson Sawyer birching at or that where I got him bunched up in there.
Speaker 3: But he's a you say, Josiah Stewart.
Speaker 6: Was Josiah Stu What you scrolling? Litte?
Speaker 7: Josiah is in the is in the fourth round for me, and he has some good tape. Also, if you watch his USC game, he gave those children fits. But if you watch some of his other games, you kind of see, okay, well this is where he's gonna have some some problems there. But very athletic, get up field kind of guy. You know, he's not a technically refined That's another theme too. A lot of these guys aren't gonna be technically.
Speaker 8: Refined, and that's what people are looking for sure, and they make me mad.
Speaker 7: Well, you can't have that, because why does it make you mad? Why does it make you mad?
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, it's frustrating because I do think that a lot of people are looking for the finished product with some of these positions. Then I'm like, dog, do you understand the detail and being a defensive end, do you understand what they're asked to do on a consistent basis. I appreciate the fact like seeing guys that because I look at a guy like John Joyner out of Minnesota, super tall, again, not a whole bunch of bending things, but you can see that he has balance. You can see that he obviously needs to improve some of his hand movement, but the feeder quick, he has some decent get off.
Speaker 4: Why not? Like, do we develop anymore out here?
Speaker 7: I ain't even seeing him, So you're just doing You're doing your thing.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I just picked people, so look, this is my thing.
Speaker 3: Right, It's like Keanu Benton all over again out.
Speaker 4: Of no or like I'm a watch him today.
Speaker 6: I think you know whoever it is? You know me?
Speaker 7: You Kyle, you you kind of are either going to be floora guy or girl or ceiling guy. Like it just depends on what you like. I happen to be floora guy, I like the Okay, you know how to use your hands already, you know certain little techniques already, I can kind of, you know, fix certain things.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: Jack Sawry is a great example of that, Like he's ready to go right now, and Mike Hail Williams from George is like the opposite of that, right, he's all ceiling. But my problem is when you're so ceiling, guy, I want to see you feel when you're so ceiling, guy, I want to at least see how you win right now, you know what I'm saying. I want to see you win, But then I want to see room to grow. So princely uh mam and.
Speaker 3: Yelling umami, yelling, yep uma and yelling.
Speaker 7: He's a double digit set guy right now and he's ceiling and he's got room to go.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's why he's a top pick. That's why he's a guy that will probably sneak into the back half of the first in my opinion, so second on my board, but he'll probably be a pick in the first.
Speaker 7: So I don't have a problem with the with the not refined guys, I at least just want to see you Okay, show me how you win right now, and then I could teach you everything like the nuances later on or whatever.
Speaker 3: And I think you talked about it. When you're a scout, you either see it as a floor, you see it as a ceiling. I'm probably as a media scout myself, I'm probably more so a ceiling guy because I'm looking for traits and I'm also trying to pair it, like you said, with production. As I'm riding my scouting reports and putting it together, I'm looking at these guys and it's like, Okay, Wow, they were all acc they were all sec they were doing all American things. They are putting it all together, but I just don't see the ceiling side of it. Where that That's where the floor comes in, and that's where you end up having these guys that end up with phenomenal college careers, but they don't fit in with certain teams and they start dropping down boards and they end up having great careers. Jalen Hurts was one of those guys. Jalen Hurts was guy where you a lot of teams didn't see a ceiling, but they didn't need one from Jalen.
Speaker 5: He had the floor don't start h please.
Speaker 3: Which is true. But guess what, but hey win with him, they will they find a way to do it. And so and he's not the only example. That's just the first one that came to mind, because I know we've talked about him on this show before. So there's there's elements to the way you scout and that's just going to continue to develop as the draft class goes on.
Speaker 8: A situational as well, Like a situational what type of depth do you guy like?
Speaker 4: What type of guys you have?
Speaker 8: Again, to help these guys develop and to help these guys become absolutely so.
Speaker 7: Give me a living, give me a living cow cow Vin and we can go runt it. Just a guy who's going to plan to leave for twelve years. Not exciting at all, but just a hard working love ball. Just I ain't got a gamble like Calvanoyd now is who he was in Cottage Boy.
Speaker 5: I just love to like him.
Speaker 6: I love secures.
Speaker 3: All right, we gotta take our first break when we come back. It's time for some Twitter on the twenty with Ayisha and Vatch And as Voch likes to say, when the film pops up on the film film film I like it, all right. We'll be back with more of the Draft show right after this.
Speaker 11: What life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 3: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 11: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator smooth It available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 12: Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer, here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary, go where I went. Lasercare Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Lasercare I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see.
Speaker 12: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hoo hoo.
Speaker 13: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The press scout who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escapes left.
Speaker 3: He'll look for a per style. Just like football.
Speaker 13: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself.
Speaker 6: Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 13: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 13: Get started at blockchain dot Com Cowboys fans.
Speaker 14: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show Back. You're on the Draft Show presented by Miller Lite, the only beer of the Cowboys. It's Miller Time. Also, this is my sort of read. The first ever Lone Star Smokeout is coming to Arlington. Watch headliners John Party, Cody Jinks, Midland and more as this three day outdoor country music festival, plus enjoy barbecue from some of the best pitmasters in the country. Get your ticket today at SeatGeek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium. They barbecue country music that sounds good to me. Back here with Aisha Morrison with Vach Lombardi. I'm Kyle yeomens glad you're with us. Before we get into some twitter on the twenty watch, you're talking about how excited you are about the film. This is your first year on the Draft Show. Yes, you've watched the Draft Show in the past. That doesn't just pop up, you know, like you you've got the You've got the hard work of the people in the back, Guys like Chris Beam, Scott Purcell, Jasmine Marshall, Paul Bastidis, Victor's back there. And that's not even the end of it. There's a whole group of people that are constantly cutting film, so much so that here as we stand, fifty eight days away from the NFL Draft on February twenty fifth, we don't have quarterback film.
Speaker 6: The nerve of me to be like, got no specialty.
Speaker 3: You know what they've got. They've got long snapper film. Vach Lombardi, Botch Lombardi. It's long snapper film. This is Let me tell you a little bit about this guy. This is Adam but Blankman, Brinkman, Brinkman. I mean, let me tell you something about Brinkman.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 7: I love how it stands. He got that right foot behind his front foot. Look, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I didn't watch Brinkman dog.
Speaker 3: Come on, you haven't watched him yet. No, dude, you're behind man.
Speaker 6: Special teams ain't real. That's not a position.
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 3: What's that? The John foss On and Nick Scerton he'll work, John, I'll working and all that.
Speaker 6: But man, Man, I got I got real football to watse Man.
Speaker 3: This is a real football player, six foot four two forty got a bel Air Maryland doing some work with West Virginia.
Speaker 6: Well around you got him?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: The first absolutely.
Speaker 8: To what place do you have to be into draft a long snapper?
Speaker 6: Uh, you gotta be you gotta be great, you gotta want to see.
Speaker 3: Your team's gotta be really good.
Speaker 6: I was thinking, like, you gotta win five in a row and you can do what you wanted.
Speaker 8: Gotta win draft and then be like, you know what, matter of fact, you've got Alabama?
Speaker 3: How about Alabama punter film? Would you be interested in that?
Speaker 7: Last Your last name got to be Jones because ain't nobody going to fire you for gobaz?
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, I want to all get fired.
Speaker 3: I've got a I've got a scouting report on the on the Alabama punter. Me two seconds, Yeah, give you two seconds. This is Graham. Oh wait no, this is James Burnip, the Red Shirt senior, one of the top punters in the country, helped to tie the limited opponents to less than one yard per punt return mark and leads the nation fifth in the SEC for yards per punt this past year.
Speaker 6: Oh that's impressive.
Speaker 8: Weapon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was from the play by play boards. Don't worry, I didn't actually watch The Punter Film. Congratulations James Burnet. All right, we've got some time now, all right, welcome back? Ay you sha hello? You remember this? You want to cue the the What do we have coming up?
Speaker 4: Twitter?
Speaker 3: On the Twitter? Somebody I like echo the the first one actually has a question for Are you sure?
Speaker 9: Ask me?
Speaker 3: Well, they want to know who pet cat? Who's your pet cat? So far going into combine week?
Speaker 9: Huh?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: What's the rule for pitt kit though? Go ahead and get that together, Like, what's the rule? Like, it's gotta be.
Speaker 3: Somebody that you would be willing to stake your or stand on the table for. Okay, to be a first round guy if you really feel like it. But it's probably more so you're not gonna stand on the table for a first round guy. Okay, You're gonna stand on the table for more of like a second, third, day three guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, I guys.
Speaker 3: Probably the later you get in the draft, the more you're standing on the table for.
Speaker 6: Talk about when the running backs you like?
Speaker 4: I No, I don't want to do that. I'm gonna talk about wide receiver.
Speaker 6: I like, go for it.
Speaker 4: I watched Ricky White.
Speaker 3: Last night, and man, we talked about him briefly the somebody Else's nicky, big dog man.
Speaker 8: He's fun, six to six' one, basically six to two, little lighting the butt. He won eighty, but he put on a show at the Shrine Bowl, and there's a lot of buzz coming from him. What really stands out to me is how willing of a blocker he is. And he's not just and when you look across the NFL and you look at some of the best offenses in the league, they have guys that on the offensive side that are willing to get up field, get to the second level and to block. This is a guy that can do that as well. You see his physicality. He's able to play through contact. He's a pretty steady route runner. He displayed that at the Shrine Bowl. He was cooking these folks out there.
Speaker 4: But he's quick off the snap.
Speaker 8: I just like how he also how he attacks angles and he makes people work. And when you think of it, it's funny that like when you watch him. I watched him, I saw some Ricky Pierso. I saw some of that style. Obviously not as dynamic, but still a gentleman that I think is gonna I think he can really raise his stock at the comp, well, if he's at the comp, and I'm not sure, but yeah, I believe Ricky White is a gentleman that I'm looking to really, you know, and obviously the yards after catch ability, so everyone wants a guy kind of like what he is right now.
Speaker 5: The size is okay, yeah, I like it so.
Speaker 3: That that would that would be classified as a pet cake. Yeah, I'm probably a fourth round receiver. Maybe would you where would you put him?
Speaker 8: I would put Ricky maybe in the yeah, maybe the beginning of the four late third, depending on how you feel, depending on how the bought the board falls. I think we're going to see a run on wide receivers, maybe the middle of the first and then going into the second.
Speaker 7: So yeah, yeah, wah Morris and Lady Jumps just step right in and just whooping.
Speaker 6: And she miss a day up in.
Speaker 3: Here, not even a blink. Tell me a little bit about what your pet who was your pet?
Speaker 7: Cat offensive line for me? May y'all know people, Marcus Bough from Purdue is that's the style.
Speaker 3: It's just actually no, it's just bow like a bow and arrow, but there's a silent m guarter. So it's Marcus.
Speaker 7: Bow the m silence. Okay, so I ash, that's a fantastic question, you know, glad you brought that up. People have him as a guard. I don't like little bitty guards. That's my you know, that's my my problem. He's about two ninety damn. What I really like about Marcus Bao man is that he's nuanced guy. I always talk about Flora guy, and I'm you know, I'm Flooria guy. He's Florida guy. Take a look at his technique, look at how he look at how he gets to the landmarks, look at how he fights, look at how he sets guys up kung fu fighting counters and all that. I'm I'm blown away by his by his movement outside zone stuff. I love how he gets to the next leve. Look at him just reaching over there, getting to the second level and blocking linebackers and DB's and and and I love the idea of Marcus Bao playing tackle. But he doesn't have the long arms that people want from their tackles.
Speaker 6: Now, I think he's fine.
Speaker 7: If you're a tackling you don't have long arms, and I think you'll just live in this world where you could just learn how to hand fight he's a badass hand fighter man.
Speaker 4: A lot of them in disguise as guards.
Speaker 6: It's all good.
Speaker 7: But but you know, I think he can't play guard depending on the system, because of his athleticism, because you know those reaches that I just mentioned earlier, right, But in my mind, I think he's a guy that probably gonna gain a little bit of weight, peanut butter, you know, just you know, get him, get him till about three fifteen at least. I don't know how it's gonna work over two or three years or so. But let him play where he's natural. He's a natural tackle to me.
Speaker 6: He's just light. He's just small.
Speaker 7: So sometimes he gives up a little bit of ground when he's getting bull rushing things like that. But as far as the hands in kung Fu fighter, nothing makes me smile more than my tackle being a good handed kung fu fighter. Marcus Bow it spelled m apostre bow, but apparently the first M a silent.
Speaker 3: Is there an apostrophe? It's just mbow. I could be wrong with but it's just bo and bow and arrow come out. The one thing about him from the Senior Bowl that I remember is he had kind of a reverse Tyler geydon timeline at the Senior Bowl, whereas Tyler Goydon had a great first day and then really was rough the second two days, and I think his confidence was a little shaken going into the draft process because of that. I think Bo did the opposite. He had a really rough first day. I remember we interviewed him one of the first days we were out there on Radio Row. We sat down with him and had a great conversation with them. Good dude, very smart players. Said he was watching film on these guys coming into it, and he was really excited to try and show the preparation. And it was rough. The first day was really not good. I probably would have put him as maybe a bottom five guy on my offensive lineboard in that moment. He steadily improved. Second day was much better. Third day he was dominant.
Speaker 7: You want to know why, because when you had ex jo because when you have technique, you can adapt. Right, You're not just a one trick pony. I'm a great athlete, but I'm a one trick pony, right, Tyler guy and got worse because he's a one tree pony and people and I hate to even saying that, because he's here now, but it just is what it is. But Marcus was able to figure it out on the fly. And I loved that, man. I loved toughness on these smaller good technique, having guys another one for you, Willy Lampkin beaming them in the back. I bet Charliet got what's cool Willy Lampy from North Carolina to back over there. Willy Lampkin being five ten five, he's probably gona be five ten two eighty five playing guard for North Carolina. And I'm like, I know, damn where you ain't wrestling these three hundred and fifteen pound people. But he's a wrestler, right like, not not football rest like he wrestles for real wrestle and then he and he puts that in football. I love that on a resume for a lineman offensive.
Speaker 4: Or defensive, undefeated, keep playing.
Speaker 3: You're trying to keep one of those guys that was a wrestler back in the day. And no said, zoo this offseason and.
Speaker 6: Give him that. I want to see both of them rest.
Speaker 4: But feel, yeah, just good, That's how I feel.
Speaker 6: I don't know where the money coming from, but just get to him.
Speaker 4: What do you need?
Speaker 6: Do I need?
Speaker 4: We have too many of the stuff you gotta do.
Speaker 6: That's they try to figure out.
Speaker 7: I said that years ago, and it was it was pointed, it's joy to figure it out that the Eagles can go, and I keep bring them up because they just want to super bow.
Speaker 6: It is what it is. But they find a way to bring everybody into their house.
Speaker 5: And pay them, so we should too, think about it.
Speaker 6: The Lions. The Lions paid pay, pay, pay six people within two.
Speaker 3: Months they had all that cap for him though.
Speaker 6: Hey hey we gonna find some hit your buttons.
Speaker 3: No doubt, all right, Josh wants to know. Doesn't raise question for you that there is an increasing trend of more players choosing to not participate at the combine and either wait until they're pro day or not work out at all. This is the only time we can pretty much answer this question. Does that raise any eyebrows or questions for you across?
Speaker 8: I'm gonna let you go because I don't want to take nobody off.
Speaker 6: I want to see you compete.
Speaker 7: I think it's uh, I'll call it counter competitive. If you don't, you know, you just can't go out and run me this. I'm the best, I'm the best rhetoric, and I want to show people improving and go, I'm not gonna throw to that throw my pro day. If you really feel like you're the best, you should just line up and go run it for the cardio there. Now, Now, I understand, you know, quarterbacks and Shador and he ain't got arm talent and cam war got.
Speaker 6: Thousands of it.
Speaker 7: But if you shouldore Leno what you do well and place the ball better than him, Like, that's just how I feel, you know what I'm saying. But football has turned more and more into you know, I don't want to say politics or whatever, but like agents have gotten involved, and he wants the best pot damn, and he wants the best possible outcome. That he wants the best possible outcome. So hey man, Shador, you know he's gonna throw it his pro day where he's most comfortable. I want to hear a quarterback say, hey man, I'm comfortable with where y'all want to throw the ball at it.
Speaker 6: So you know it is that I'm.
Speaker 4: On the fence.
Speaker 8: I'm on the fence because I do understand what you're saying in regard to the competitiveness and things of that nature.
Speaker 4: But then I also do think I think we've seen guys.
Speaker 8: Go out not maybe not perform well at the Combine, get injured at the Combine.
Speaker 4: But also to there's so many details in what the Combine is. It's not just they go show up and play.
Speaker 5: There's a whole week and it's and it's.
Speaker 8: From talking to the players and understanding it. It is a test of their their will and to an extent, I mean, there are tactics, there are things that are done for them to not here at a certain time or work out or go through medicals right away and then have to get on the field.
Speaker 4: There's there's little tests.
Speaker 8: That are in there that I think that some players just want to x out and I and I don't know if it's necessarily a bad thing, because obviously these teams are meeting with you, they got meetings, meetings, meetings, they got workers, work like, they're doing all these different things. I personally kind of understand some of why some of these players want to x that out and also to say, hey, like I don't want one day to predicate predicate so much of what I've done this past year. Although I do understand what you mean when you say that you want them to keep compete, but what is what are they?
Speaker 4: What's the competitive part there?
Speaker 7: So even if it's not just throw versus throw right, I still want just whoever, just my player, to bring mental toughness and just show.
Speaker 6: Me that you could be mentally.
Speaker 5: Touching scientest that sure.
Speaker 7: So if you've been running around all day, you ain't eight all week. You had to throw here and you gotta go get measure. You got to walk around naked, and doctors look at you, and you walk in my building and I just asked you goofy little questions or whatever I want to see you look at man your question. Man, let me answer to your question. Because Dak Prescott is one of the most mentally tough people I know, and that that wasn't really a part of my draft evaluation for real at first. I've grown into that. Even Jayleen Hurst, I know it just kind of cracked on a little early, but that dude stays even that dude stays cold, you know what I'm saying. So I think you know, sure, I see your part of it as well, but it's just great to know that, man, this dude been walking around neked in front of the doctors, even running and jumping around, and he stood right here and answered what his favorite ice cream is and applied at the football.
Speaker 6: I think that's fire.
Speaker 8: No, I agree, And then obviously too, we see guys, I remember when we went. You see some guys skip interviews.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 8: You see some guys not do well let the podium taking questions, and that does give information as to who they are. Especially you talk about the quarterback position, how does he handle a crowd? How does he handle all of the pressure? And these people come in and I get it, But then I also understand that players are starting to try to preserve themselves, and it's just like who not to say no?
Speaker 6: Plus two, this is Dallas.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Facts like no, no, You're gonna deal with it.
Speaker 6: Get ready.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you do need to get an idea how they can handle that stuff.
Speaker 7: Plus I would like to know what time. I'm not gonna point in nobody that got drafted recently over the last two or three years or whatever. But I would just love to know how you handle stress. I would love to know just how you handle stress.
Speaker 3: That's just in general, like in life.
Speaker 6: In life, this will probably never happen to you, but just how do you have it? You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I think that's just more important thanform it. If they're just gathering information, these coaches and gms and even our media guys out there and gals, they just gathered information.
Speaker 8: But also too with a lot of kids going to their pro day instead.
Speaker 4: I think we have obviously we've.
Speaker 8: Seen an uptick in that in the last couple of years. It's obviously because it is a more controlled environment.
Speaker 6: Thirty eight yard dashes.
Speaker 4: It's a more controled environment.
Speaker 8: The coaches have more say so you have a better idea of what to expect and things like that, and it's the familiarity of being in your building and those things. So it's hard because it's like, we don't want you familiar, we don't want you comfortable. And then it's like, but then if they're comfortable, maybe they performed well.
Speaker 4: So it's it's it's I'm on the.
Speaker 3: Fence, yeah, Sean, with a question that Shu kind of goes back to what you guys had the sidebar on with os Aigi Zoo a moment ago, which scenario would you prefer? And you can only choose one out of these two resign Osigi Zua and draft Marcus Harriston from Kentucky or insert corner on day two here. So whatever corner you feel like would fit day two, okay, Or you can re sign Jordan Lewis and draft let's say TJ. Sanders or whatever similar defensive tackle from day two that you would like to draft.
Speaker 7: So that's the summing that we that we can't sign Osa and K and George.
Speaker 3: This is one or the other, or Jy Lou and you draft the other's replacement.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because I think we're looking at Harston as Nicol.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, tracking.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what, man, we got a lot of Sanders.
Speaker 3: It's like a three tag checking.
Speaker 6: We have a lot of corners.
Speaker 7: We've got a lot of tackles, but I think we have a lot more ones than threes. So and I love, I love Jay Lou depiece, but in this particular situation, maybe I'll draft a corner because you can hide that a little better and keep my We'll call it a dominant three tech or am I ready to go three tech? I think if you draft a three tech, I mean, unless it's Mason Graham or something.
Speaker 6: We got to talk about. How to hell he's following down draft bars allegedly.
Speaker 7: But unless it's a Mason Graham type character, I don't see a three tech that's gonna step in. They want to give you something similar, and we're a quasi rebuilding team, but we're trying to compete for real, for real, So I would rather my three tech be grown man body ready to play right now, and we can get a corner that I mean because look, because look, even if that's the case, we can draft the outside guy and put blayd a Nickel. You know what I'm saying, Like we can like we have options. I feel like we have more options at corner than we do at d line.
Speaker 3: That's the right answer to me. I think so because you have Kaitlin Carson. Sure, the only thing that even gives me a little bit of pause is the health of Trayvon Diggs. Sure, that's the only thing that gives me a little bit of pause. But if you're drafting a Nickel, that doesn't really solve that problem one way or the other. You're going to have to address that in a different element. So I I yet no doubt, And I think this isn't just love loss for j Lou. It's just the nature of the of the positions that we're talking about. If you have a dominant pass rushing ability from the three tech that Matt Eberflus comes in and says he's one of the top priorities that we're going to try and resign this offseason, then I think you go with that and you draft the nickel to learn. I mean, you drafted Deron Bland as a fifth round nickel to learn and he ended up being your boundary guy in an all pro in the same sense, so you can find it. Does it make me comfortable with the nickel spot. Absolutely not. I would rather have both guys back, and I would rather do it. But since we're playing this hypothetical scenario or you can only have one, which might not be a hypothetical at the end of the day, I would take I would take Osa, and I would draft the corner.
Speaker 6: Oh is younger too, like what six?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, this is only his second also being around for a four.
Speaker 8: While Yeah, I got a lot of respect for Jordan Lewis. But I also do agree that Listen, I don't know how many times we got to.
Speaker 5: See it that if you can win with four, you can win up.
Speaker 8: Front, then it's gonna make everybody life easier exactly. And I think you know, obviously with an EVA flucid system in the way that he likes to do things, he expects to get pressure with four and Osa is one of those gentlemen that I believe is you know capable of that, and you are You ain't got no three texts?
Speaker 4: Stop playing these games with me?
Speaker 7: Hey man, Devil's advocate over man Jay Lootens showed up at your best corner two years in a row.
Speaker 3: Yes, no doubt.
Speaker 4: It's difficult. But also to you talked about the fact that you.
Speaker 8: Can You talked about you can bump dron bland outside. I know that's not something that people like to see often from Jordan Lewis, but he didn't die when you asked him to do it.
Speaker 4: And don't get it twisted.
Speaker 8: This is what that what that was His original position was outside corner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sucks either way. If you're losing Osa, it's gonna be awful.
Speaker 5: If I'm losing and Jyleen lie down the wall, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's unfortunate. All right, we're taking our second break. When we come back, it's time for a little this or that. We're gonna pair some prospects against each other and see which one of our panel likes better. When we come back, more of the draft show right after this.
Speaker 9: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Laser Care Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center, they got me back on my game.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages for the pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. I want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and odes with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot Com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 11: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 3: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 11: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 2: How about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets? As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets NAT along with all our other favorite Tyson Foods products. You make game day special, score some delicious Tyson Cowboys Nuggets and become a game day star just like our Cowboys as you enjoy your stars on and.
Speaker 3: Off the plate.
Speaker 2: Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft show.
Speaker 3: This one is Uh, this read is in not memory because he's out at the combine having a great time. But this is for David Hellman. Tiny Jim, how about that? Get ready to let the good times roll at the Star in Frisco this Fat Tuesday, March fourth, from six pm to nine pm. It's the Marty Crawl. You don't want to miss it. Join us for a lively evening filled with live music, festive drinks, and delicious bites as you hop between the hottest spots at the Star and Frisco. Grab your most colorful attire, grab some beads and get onto the Mardi Grass spirit. A mission is free. For more information, visit thestardistrict dot com. That is March fourth, Fat Tuesday.
Speaker 6: And we just walk around outside.
Speaker 3: Walk around outside and you Marty crawl. You go back and forth. There's like concrete Cowboy and uh, Tricky Fisher's got a bar, Mikosin has got some mambo taxis over there. You got a got all, You've got Pietez piano bar, sidecar social.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta throwing beads over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's what it sounds like.
Speaker 6: I take my shirt off because bees.
Speaker 7: Please, Like I said, I don't work.
Speaker 6: I don't my car got one button and I ain't got five?
Speaker 3: Like, yo, what.
Speaker 7: Start and stop? I walk in, I get here, and I want right right back up. I go through security one time.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I like it all right? Before we leave, we've got to get some this or that out of the way. Let's start at the wide receiver position. Okay, let's go with Trey Harris ole miss wide receiver, deep rad outside receiver true X. Well, let's go with Jaden Higgins. Jayden Higgins. Are the two or Trey Harris? Which one you got?
Speaker 6: I got a three on Tray, I got a full on Higgins. Both these yeah, both both these characters.
Speaker 7: These gentlemen think both these characters gonna be your X receiver type guy, your bigger body type guy. I do like that Higgins for being so so tall and long that he kind of knows how to navigate zones and they line them up in the slot a bunch and and that was off putting to be like a large human uh playing playing that. But I was like, hey, man, cool, that's impressed. But going to do that though, they're gonna want to do it. But I just think Trey Harris what he does well. I just think he does better. And that's as like physical dude, Uh you know, get some yac after a catch or just jump over somebody. I think Trey does that really really well, and he kind of got a black belt in that. Neither one of them gonna run really well. I think Higgins might run better than Trey. But you know, if I had to pick, I got a four on Higgins in a three on trace. So being a fair to my board, I'm.
Speaker 8: Taking yeah, I would agree with your evaluation of Trey Harris a six three two ten. You mentioned the ability to you know, track the ball in the air, the big playability. This is a red zone threat and uh, he's he's also versatile to as well, though, like he's a guy that now they do some inside out with him as well. Obviously you see the catch radius. I love the way he snatches the ball out the air. I love a receiver that snatches the ball out of the year with an intent. I I also feel like you can see him set up dbats. You see him reading the dB That's something that I haven't I didn't see as much from a Higgins. Obviously, like you said, they're both contested catchers. I think the Higgins is a little bit more fluid as far as like just.
Speaker 4: The movement looks weird.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just as a as a route runner. Trey Harris can look a little choppy sometimes, but he's effective. Like he's effective, and he was very productive of Jayden Higgins at Iowa State, and I thought he had some good days at the Senior Bowl. But I would be going with Trey Harris as well in this situation just because of some of the consistency, more importantly, the yack ability. Is there a little bit more there with him as well to.
Speaker 3: Me, So I'm gonna go with Trey Harris. I think both these guys are great. I've got a four on Higgins. With Harris, I'm call me crazy. Go ahead. I think he's a top five receiver in this dress crazy, call me crazy.
Speaker 8: And it goes back to this, some people really like him like that though it.
Speaker 3: Comes to the it comes to the ceiling conversation we had earlier. Right, So, when I'm looking at Trey Harris, I'm looking at a guy that has the ability with breakaway speed decent but not perfect route running. But what can you teach at the NFL level footwork and route running to something that area. I see Trey Harris as having all of those trades, all of those tools, and the one knock he didn't have is he didn't necessarily have a full season to put it all together because he's got some medical red flags. I think if he didn't have the wide or the excuse me, the lengthy time off and the sporadic injuries that he had throughout his final two years in Oxford, I think we're talking about him as a first round wide receiver.
Speaker 8: And the body control is there, But I I want to ask you to do you guys think now? I feel like the last couple of years, the X receiver to me is starting to become goal. It's starting to go, but.
Speaker 4: It's went away.
Speaker 8: But I will say within this draft there's a few more than we've seen in previous drafts. Do you think that's gonna possibly affect Like we're talking about Trey Harris, you're saying you got a third on him, Yeah, because of the demand for having an X receiver again, if someone wants to go that route, do you think that that could play into any of these ex receivers going up or down?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think it does because it kind of goes back to running back in the draft like this, where you've got a running back class, some teams might be willing to wait because they know they can snag one later X receiver that you don't have those guys. You got a lot of small receivers again, kind of like the last couple of drafts, and we've seen it before that these bigger, more physical outside receivers will go earlier than we anticipated. I'm thinking back to Michael Pittman a couple of years ago out of in the USC good player. Was he a first round talented player? It depends on who you talked to, but he ended up going earlier than anticipated because he's got big body to X receiver. Did he actually work out in the NFL? I mean, he's had a decent career, He's been pretty good at times, he's battled some injuries. But I see that same level of impact from these extracities, Like.
Speaker 7: It's just a name a few of them. You got McMillan, Beish, williams Ao Manner depend on if you really feel like you know, feel about him in that way, Trey Harris, pet Bryant and Higgins. So those are my exes, like my true exes, not like move guys that can play xes, but like Matthew Golden is a move guy, but he can't play it.
Speaker 3: He can't with Burden from Missouri.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but as far as true to your point, since this, you know, since we don't always get true exes, they may they may run this year sol fair enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, I'm a little higher on Trey Harris than I think most people probably are. I would put him in the I would be okay drafting him at forty four. That would be perfect value for me.
Speaker 8: Honestly from some of the articles I read and stuff, there are some people who are high on him, so I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: I think if he wasn't hurt, he would be in the conversation with not with McMillan. I think he's far and away my favorite receiver of this draft. But I would put him right there with Burden. I'm not going to do that because I think there's still parts of his game that are are unpolished. And if you're talking about Burden, he's a polished receiver, So that's a different one, all right. Second, this or that of the day, we've got Josh Farmer or Omar Norman Lott a couple of defensive tackles here to go with. What do you think, fotch?
Speaker 7: Josh Farmer got so many tools and boy, it's just come down all you floor guy's ceiling guy man Omar Omar Okay, So let me say this.
Speaker 3: They both are armored by the way from Florida state to state, and Omar Norman Lot is from Tennessee.
Speaker 6: So they both are.
Speaker 7: Get off the ball guys, first step guys, disruptors, penetrators. They're probably going to be gap guys. Three texts where they're kind of different. What goes into my conversation, right, Omar Norman Lot. I think he has a better feel for the nuance of what his job is going to be like. His job is going to be most likely pass rusher, and he knows how to kind of work his hands a little bit better. Josh Farmer, who has more tools than most of these guys as far as size lengthy's powerful. He don't use his hands at all. So Josh Farmer is full blown ceiling guy.
Speaker 3: To me, strong sixty three three fifteen is what he measured measured in at the combine.
Speaker 7: He is toosy arm length and everything, but he's chicken winging people, and chicken wing is a real life football term.
Speaker 6: Trust me.
Speaker 7: He's out there chicken winging people, but he's whipping people chicken winging people, and he's gotten more and more sacks every single season. It's a teachable chicken winging. We we think that's what I'm saying you. Unless you're gonna go to the league and be a dude that chicken wings for ten years or whatever, that's the that's the the dice road that you that you end up with. So Farmer incredibly talented. If you got a coach that can teach him how to extend so that he can use some of those long arms and hell yeah, man, you on something. And I think once he figures out how to use the arm length, I think he'll be even better versus run, even better disruptor and he'll start to use his length and separated. Maybe you could teach him how to two gap if you like. But right now he's chicken winging. He's getting chests to chess with guys because he's just running down the middle of him Almar Norman Lot he knows how to pass rush he knows how to get busy.
Speaker 6: He knows exactly what it is that he.
Speaker 7: You know, like his role amongst that D line and Tennessee got some weird numbers on that line, just Jersey numbers or whatever. But anyway, I got Norman Lott in the third round and I have Farmer.
Speaker 6: In the fourth.
Speaker 3: But I have both of those.
Speaker 7: But if Farmer was not a chicken wing guy, he could be a second round guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean you mentioned the fact that both of them are get off guys, very disruptive.
Speaker 4: But with Norman, is it Norman lot Yeah, with him, got to.
Speaker 8: See him at the senior boat, and obviously the get off is there. But I was looking at the fact that I think the change of direction to me is better than Farmers in my opinion, I think some of the lateral quickness is a little bit better. This gentleman just has the ability to ruin your interiors day.
Speaker 4: And obviously too.
Speaker 8: Something that I want to point out was then when he was in Tennessee, he was playing behind quite a bit.
Speaker 4: Of depth, so he did what he did.
Speaker 8: As far as his productiveness, I believe he had close to like a twenty two percent pressure rate on limited snaps when you talk about.
Speaker 4: Ceiling and all that stuff.
Speaker 8: I'd look at him and I look at the fact that this is a guy that you can continue to develop, like you were saying, Vatch, but also too, like the motor is legit and it's not scared of no mileage.
Speaker 3: I think both of these guys have good motors.
Speaker 8: Yes, but I wrote down here I said that he's a natural pass rusher.
Speaker 4: It is natural, it.
Speaker 8: Doesn't look and again Josh Farmer, heyes, very smooth, and Josh Farmer is versatile and all those good things. And I think because of his size and the feet, like the feet, he's able to be sudden.
Speaker 4: But I think that if you're trying.
Speaker 8: To look for maybe some longevity and be able to develop more tools, I would go with a Norman lot as well. But Josh Farmer is not nobody the snuff at and we already know that FSU pushes out good defensive lineman. I was seeing some of the things he was doing where it looked like he was almost like jump cutting himself to make tackles, and I was like, what am I looking at right now? You're a defensive tackle, fantastic, You're a huge human so anyway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would go I would agree.
Speaker 8: With you on Norman lot, but Josh Farmer's not far behind. And I do think if somebody gets ahold of them, they're going to be able to really impact his hands in his toolbox.
Speaker 4: Like you were saying.
Speaker 7: And Farmer, I think he has the size and the bulk or whatever to place once take if you need it. You know, Norman, that's probably going to be a guy that's not going to be an eight gap too much.
Speaker 6: But maybe you go line up at five.
Speaker 8: And maybe that and maybe that boosts Farmers. I think maybe that boosts him because a nose, a guy being able to play nose, and then a guy being able to play like you know, the three and four, that's something different. I don't know how many noses true noses do y'all think is in this draft?
Speaker 6: True noses?
Speaker 7: So you know what I don't. I don't think the three hundred and fifty pound nose exists anymore.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that's what's the defenses don't want to get.
Speaker 4: And that's a whole other thing.
Speaker 8: So that that's why I think that a guy like Josh Farmer, even though we're talking about a lot like oh, well he has this, this, this, but he might be more valuable. Some teams might look at Josh Farmer and be like, I can line him up virtually anywhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, that's valuable.
Speaker 6: He got that weight technically.
Speaker 7: Graham, Grant, Williams and Harmon are noses, but they're athletic enough to go play.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say that's like a true nose. Yeah, and I could play three, they could play. They can push them out to a five. If you want to.
Speaker 7: Trash cans doon't exist normal, trashcanflid dirt. Guys on exist normal.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Quentin Bohanna, welcome back.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: It was a fun Joe fun show. You want to do it again Thursday. Yeah, let's do it again Thursday. We'll be back at eleven am Central time. We'll talk a little bit about who you should expect to tear up the combine, who are some of the guys that we're keeping an eye on whenever they hit the field in Indianapolis. And then continue to send in your draft questions. Vach Lombardi, Ayusha Morrison myself always answering those on Twitter on the twenty. That does it for us here from the Draft Show Special. Thanks to Chris Beam in the back for getting up all.
Speaker 7: The film film for us to watch throughout the Draft Show today.
Speaker 3: We will see you on Thursday with more from the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.