Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh Boy, it is officially Valentine's Week.
Speaker 3: Valentine's Week. You know what.
Speaker 2: It's so funny because I am such a believer in love, Like my journey has gone ebbs and flows when it comes to love, obviously, but yet at the core, I'm still a romantic and I'm still a.
Speaker 3: Believer in love.
Speaker 2: I love love. I've always loved love. Funny probably unknown fact is I used to hate hearts. I used to hate hearts. I'm not even sure. I remember that one time Dean got me a present. It was jewelry, and I called my best friend Moran because he was always like what do he get you?
Speaker 3: What do he get you?
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, he got me something that is beautiful, but it is so not me. It's something I technically hate. And he's like, no, he got you a heart necklace. I'm like bingo. I'm like, and he's like, you hate hearts, and I'm like, I know, but I feel bad. I feel like and he's like, everybody knows you hate hearts. I'm like, well, I guess he didn't know that one. And it was so lovely, but the funny part is this was in the heyday of me being like, love is great, love is beautiful. I love Valentine's Day, but yet I hated hearts. And now I am very kind of anti Valentine's Day and I love hearts.
Speaker 3: Just didn't line up.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so for me Valentine's Day, and I know it means something to everyone differently, and that's fine. I'm just telling you my experience is growing up my mom and dad they were married over twenty five years when my dad passed way longer, over thirty years, I think, but they never ironically, they had this amazing romance. They never celebrated holidays alone ever like my brother Randy and I, you know, every year on their anniversary, we all went out to dinner. It wasn't like my mom and dad went out to dinner. And Valentine's Day. I grew up never seeing it from a child's perspective as a romantic holiday because it was very family skewed and something I really loved tradition, and something that was part of my tradition growing up is that every Valentine's Day, my dad would get all of us a box of candy from seas candy, and my brother and I would get like smaller ones. My mom would get a big one, and that was like his big thing.
Speaker 3: He always got us red roses, which.
Speaker 2: I ironically, if you know, you know, I'm not a big fan of roses. I love flowers, but not roses, and I specifically don't like red roses. I don't know why, but he would always get us red roses, but it very much was ingrained in me from a child that Valentine's.
Speaker 3: Day was all about the kids. It was like a kid's holiday, which to.
Speaker 2: This day because I always go back to like family traditions and I integrated. We have new traditions with my kids and I, but I always bring a piece of my childhood traditions into their lives, which I think is kind of cool. To this day, I still get my kids every Valentine's Day a box, a heart shaped box from Seas Candy, because it makes me think of my dad and what he would get up and it's just tradition.
Speaker 3: Well, last year it was Valentine's Day and I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Seize candy. Oh my gosh, I blew it. I didn't get to seize candy, so I'm like, okay, racing. It was like almost kids pickup time, and once I picked them up in school, I don't get a moment to myself.
Speaker 3: So I got to get the presence.
Speaker 2: So I was literally like, oh my god, I got to get to seize candy. And I remember I was in the parking lot to seize candy and I was trying to find it's the one I was going to.
Speaker 3: It's in a strip mall. There's other places around.
Speaker 2: I think at home Goods. I always remember where everything shopping wise is in a good poke bowl restaurant that I digress anyway, And I was trying to find parking spot and seize candy Valentine's Day. Hello, It's like there's you know, men galore being like, oh shit, I didn't get her candy. I got to get in there. So there's like a lot out the door and I'm like, oh my god, I have thirty mens to get to pick up.
Speaker 3: What am I going to do?
Speaker 2: And I went, I don't know if you're this person, but I'm this person when it comes to parking. I always believe whoever gets the spot first gets the spot. And I also don't believe in confrontation. So if someone else gets to that spot and it should have been mine, I'm never going to start a fight.
Speaker 3: I'm always going to be like, Okay, womp, womp, you win.
Speaker 2: But I remember specifically, and I don't like to sexualize things because I think as.
Speaker 3: Women, we win.
Speaker 2: But I was trying to park and two men snatched two parking spots for me. I just remember by the second one, I was like.
Speaker 3: What is going on? It's a female holiday. I don't even believe in that. I was like, it's Valentine's Day, give me the spot. I was here first.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have even been here if it wasn't for women. Anyway, got in, I got my candy, got out, and I was like, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, I got to get there. I got to get to pick up.
Speaker 2: And I'm driving and as I'm driving and I have to make a turn and then get on the freeway.
Speaker 3: Have you been driving?
Speaker 2: And there's like little there's like stands. People are selling things on the corner. And this man was selling all of the marketable Valentines.
Speaker 3: I like to say, because it's just it was too much.
Speaker 2: You know, there are the flowers, there are the teddy bears, and oh my god, when the carnations are spray to color, it really throws me over the edge. Lots of those you know, milar balloons. It was just like Valentine's Day, Like Hallmark A Step Beyond had thrown up on this corner and this guy was selling it and outrageous prices because you know what they're thinking. Everyone's coming to this intersection. You got to turn to get on the freeway. There's a gas station here at this corner. So I'm going to sell all of this here because people are going to hole over and they're gonna buy it because they're gonna be like, oh my god, I waited the last minute. I didn't get my present. And he's smart. That guy's smart.
Speaker 3: He was right.
Speaker 2: So right as I was about to turn, and I'm looking at all of this and I'm just thinking, ugh. At this time last year, you know, I was just getting out of an eighteen year marriage and I was seeing someone. But it was like, you know, I was kind of anti Valentine's Day, and I was just like, oh God, look at all these suckers. Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day sucks. And right as I'm like saying this out loud to myself in the car. This man was like Valentine's Day amazing. I got to pull over and get my girl something and he cuts in front of me. And as he cuts in front of me to buy this stuff that was being sold on the corner, I was like, Valentine's Day sucks. Oh my gosh, there's a car in front of me. So I swerve to get out of this lane. And while I swerve, a guy is merging and we bump. I say we bump because I guess technically it was my fault.
Speaker 3: But I was just trying to do the right thing.
Speaker 2: I was trying to save this man that was selling all of this vomitous Valentine's Day on the corner to support his family. I was trying to save him from getting like run over by this guy that was like, oh my god, I didn't get my wife something. She's gonna be so mad. I got to pull over, so I think I was doing the right thing, and he was merging, so technically was my fault. So we pull over and he's like, you know, pull over. So we park and I get out of the car and I said, I'm sorry. You know what, I guess this is my fault.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you. I'm like, fucking hate Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: And he goes, what and I go, yeah, I hate Valentine's Day and he goes me too, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, Yeah, it just sucks.
Speaker 2: It's just like marketing, like it's just you know, spend all your money on this holiday that means nothing. If you love someone, show them love.
Speaker 3: Every day of the year. Why is it one particular day.
Speaker 2: And I'm like ranting about how much I hated and all this shit that was being sold on the sidewalk, and he was like, I like, you, you know what, let's assess our cars. Mine was in worse shape his was. He looked at and he said it's fine. Let's just let's go from one Valentine's Day hater to another. Let's have a good Valentine's Day. And I said, you know what, thank you, this might be the best Valentine's Day ever. And I left, Yeah, that was that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean technically Tory two point zero, as my friend Brian Green has labeled me, which I'm happy to have that label because I'm.
Speaker 3: Stepping this shit up.
Speaker 2: This is technically my first Valentine's Day, completely single, and yeah, I still feel the pressure to have to buy my kids stuff, you know, And I am grateful though, I got to say, I'm very grateful that my kids are getting in this one sense, we hate when our babies are growing up and things are kind of done with. And I have five kids, and four of them were too old to do the Valentine's gifts in class that you know that used to go from When I was a kid, it was like you got these little cards that said too and from and you put the kid's name on it and you put your name on it and.
Speaker 3: You all exchanged.
Speaker 2: It was like that was it. You bought the pack from the store. It was reasonable. And then it just got so crazy. And when when I was younger, when I had more energy with my first four, you know, I'm like DIY queens. So not only did I have like cards for them to pass out in class, but I had to make every single one of them. Like I was like, oh no, no, no, I'm known for crafting. We are going to craft and come up with really cool things. And we would we would come up like I have great photos. We would be up all night the night before handmaking, which AKA meant, you know, they would help out with the first few and then they'd be like, I'm tired, I don't want to do this anymore. And I'd be like, okay, just put your name on it so it looks like it's from you, and then I would DIY all of them.
Speaker 3: But that gets a lot, you guys.
Speaker 2: You know there's twenty five to thirty five kids in each class and four kids.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was.
Speaker 2: Pulling an all nighter and not for any fun reasons, and it was a lot going on. So now it's just Bo who is seven in first grade, and now it's just his butt. He's kind of like he doesn't want a DIY, and I give him this choice. I'm like, okay, we can make something and come up with stuff, and he's like, Mom, can we just order it on Amazon? And I have to bite my tongue and remember, okay, you know what, it's okay to not do it all, it's okay to order it on Amazon.
Speaker 3: God bless Amazon.
Speaker 2: So now instead of being like no, no, no, let's make and I'm like, okay, sure, great, So I'm head of the game. Valentine's is this Friday, and this is the first year that I'm set. I have all of you really wanted these little tiny game like key chains that was like a gaming system, not expensive and for us to do a card and I was like, okay, can I be a little creative here, like you know, game on and like you know, yeah, and he's allowing me to do that, so I can put a few of my puns into them. But I have them ordered. They arrived yesterday. God bless Amazon Prime. When it comes between when they market, like would you it's free? Would you like it between four and eight am? Or would you like between eight and twelve, You're like, I really hit my doorstep, Like I really don't care, even though there's something creepy to me about someone like sneaking up and dropping off stuff at your doorstep at four am. But anyway, so it's all here, I'm doing it. I just have to get the Seese candy and then I'm good to go. But I was never like into the whole, like let's go to dinner. I am just conditioned to think this. I feel like every partner I've had has always been like Valentine's Day is cool, but you know, it's kind of it's the preset menu, the jack of the prices. At restaurants, you know, you have to get reservations, wait in advance, you have to sit and look at people that look like they don't want to be there, but they're like, it's Valentine's Day. I have to pretend to like the person that I'm with. I'm not talking about myself, guys, I'm talking about my view of other people in the restaurant. So Dean and I specifically kind of really never did that. We would always yeah, and once we started having kids, which oh yeah, when we first got together, we started having kids right away, so we always had kids together. We kind of made it about them, and we would like, hang in, Oh those pizzas, what about the pizzas they make for Valentine's Day? The heart shape pizza that never really exactly looks like a proper heart, which kind of sends me over the edge. And then back then when the kids were younger, I was like, oh god, and I don't like the shape of a heart.
Speaker 3: I do like pizza though. I love a good pizza. Yeah, So we'd get.
Speaker 2: That for the kids and we'd have like a night in we get like matching like Valentine's pajamas.
Speaker 3: But yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the person I was with last year was like, I don't like Valentine's Day and I'm like, yeah, I mean either, and we agreed that we hate Valentine's Day, which is perfect. So we actually I think it was a Wednesday. I love when I say I think, But you guys know, like I have a memory, like especially dates and times, like I remember Valentine's Day fell on a Wednesday last year, so I remember he texted me in the morning and bright and early, so it was very nice and he was like, happy Wednesday, just another day, and I laughed and I was like, yeah, it's Wednesday, Happy home day, you know. And then we did celebrate, but we did. We celebrated on the day after Valentine's Day, and we called it Our on Valentine's Day, which I liked because there was like no pressure. And then I think, I'm trying to think of my worst Valentine's Day. I guess it was back when I like, okay, I remember my worst one, and it wasn't even.
Speaker 3: That bad, you guys, but it was the gift that threw me over the edge. I'm going back. I want to say.
Speaker 2: I was like twenty six. I lived with my roommate Kevin. I was still on nine O two and oh it was the final season I think her final two seasons of nine two and oh to Maya's twenty five.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was dating Vincent Young, who played Noah who went out with Donna on Nino two and oh, and we were seeing each other.
Speaker 3: Oh what did the kids say? We were talking to each other.
Speaker 2: We were dating for a while, but it wasn't until towards the end that it was like a committed relationship. AKA, this is how it goes when you're young and girls and boys. He decided he wanted to commit to me. I would have been like in sooner if it had happened. So whatever this Valentine's Day was, we weren't committed to each other, but I was all into him, like he was my boyfriend, and he was like, we're seeing each other kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Or I don't know.
Speaker 2: She sleeps over at my house Monday through Thursday and Friday and Saturday go with my friends something like that. I can't be sure.
Speaker 4: Hey, everyone, Amy roboch here along with TJ. Holmes, and we have a very exciting announcement to make to all of you.
Speaker 5: We are now going to be coming to you Monday through Friday for a new part of our Amy and TJ franchise. If you will, the Morning Run. We're going to help listeners navigate the busy news cycle and the historic political season that the country is facing. And we're going to do this now each and every day.
Speaker 4: Listen to Morning Run on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I remember it was Valentine's Day. We hadn't communicated. It was a Saturday, and Fridays and Saturdays he always went out with his friends, and then Sunday we would. Sunday through Thursday we would be kind of in this committed relationship. Oh my god, I was so rare. He's a great guy. But what was I thinking back then? Uh, oh my gosh. Anyway, and it was Saturday, so he had gone out with his friends Friday night and I hadn't heard from him, and I was super stressing because we hadn't set plans. It was Valentine's Day, Saturday always went out with his friends. But it's not like I was his quote unquote girlfriend, so I couldn't demand anything, which you know me, I don't demand anything at all. I didn't want to say anything, and I just remember I.
Speaker 3: Was super depressed all day because I was.
Speaker 2: Wondering, like, this friend's going to acknowledge that, you know, it's Valentine's Day and that we like each other and we kind of were together. Am I going to get a gift from him? I don't know what to do? And Kevin was just like, oh my gosh, I think I was just bummed all day long. And then late in the afternoon I hadn't heard from him. A delivery arrived and it was for me, and Kevin's like, see, oh my god, I can't believe you worried all day and maybe you guys aren't having plans, but he sent you something, and I was like, oh god, I hope it's not red roses. I really don't like red roses or anything heart shaped. But I wanted it to be something like super like foofy, girly, romantic, sappy. Even I would have taken sappy because I just wanted some inkling at that point that like he was way into me, like I wanted that. And we lived in a building where there's dorman and.
Speaker 3: So they were like, oh, we have a delivery. We're just gonna bring it up.
Speaker 2: So Kevin went out and we had elevators that went right into our apartment and went out to We called it the vestibule and so fancy, and Kevin said, okay.
Speaker 3: The dorman brought it up.
Speaker 2: The elevator left in the vestibule, and Kevin said, okay, I'm gonna go get it. And I was laying in bed because I was super bummed and we'd been like binging like rom coms all day.
Speaker 3: That made me more bummed. And he came back and he.
Speaker 2: Was like, I was like, what is it? Just give me what is it before you walk through my bedroom doors. And he's like, you're not gonna be happy. And I was like, oh God.
Speaker 3: Lay it on me. I mean not on me, like lay it next to me. Put it next to me.
Speaker 2: And when he walked through the door, it wasn't red roses, it wasn't flowers. It was a plant, you guys. It was a friggin plant. And I'm like, and I'm not talking like you know now there's like really cool plants and like succulents, like if a boy sent me a succulent Now I would be like chic, But it wasn't that. It was like back then, And it wasn't even like a fiddlely fig.
Speaker 3: It wasn't. It was like a fern or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a fern. I'm being dramatic. It wasn't a sexy plant, let me put it that way. And it was from him. I don't remember what the card said, but it didn't matter at that point. So my thing is, what does that mean? A guy said sends you something, so he's acknowledging you guys are something. You have some sort of like between you guys that's romantic. But he doesn't send you flowers. He sends you a plant. Is he saying.
Speaker 3: We're just friends?
Speaker 2: Is he saying we're friends with benefits but not even like the benefit of like something that's flowering, which is the whole point of benefits.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Do you guys have an opinion?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I am curious what did the cards say, because that's very telling.
Speaker 6: If he was just like happy Valentine's.
Speaker 1: Day, or he was like, may our relationship grow like this plant, I mean.
Speaker 3: It would be I just throw my mouth.
Speaker 6: That would be very telling. What the intention was.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was like a weed or something, which is like our relationship which was dead a year later.
Speaker 6: Okay, back it up, back it up, back it up. You get a plant.
Speaker 1: You have no recollection of what the card says.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: I kind of it said something very generic. It was handwritten by him, and I think it was like happy Valentine's Day, love.
Speaker 1: V Okay, Yeah, but he didn't ask you out to do anything that weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was Saturday night.
Speaker 2: He went out with his friends Friday and Saturday night Sunday night. I would always go over to his house or afternoon watch football with him.
Speaker 3: Which really I hate it, but I would just like cook. That was fun.
Speaker 2: I would either make dinner for Sunday night, or we would order in, or we'd go see a movie at the Lumli does not even exist. But he was like cool in arts scene and we were into art films.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Okay, so wait, did you go to his house that Sunday?
Speaker 3: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: And was Valentine's Day referenced or were you like, oh my god, thank you for the beautiful plant.
Speaker 6: Like what happened.
Speaker 2: In true tory form. I have the best memory out there.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I conveniently have forgotten that part because it was probably I probably didn't acknowledge it. I probably said thank you so much for the plant. I love it. It was beautiful.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was one of those plants where it does flower at some point.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I really don't think so.
Speaker 6: Well, you remember feeling crappy, so it probably.
Speaker 2: I remember feeling really shitty and to that point. I would never don't ever get a girl that you like a plant, because it just it sends really mixed messages that you're not that like, you're not indoor enough to send flowers, so you're gonna send her something because you want to. Still, I don't know, yeah, it really look at it. It stayed with me all these years. I don't think he and I ever talked about it, and we stayed friends, like I don't even think.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe we could call him, maybe we should.
Speaker 2: I'm going to text him and be like, he won't remember. I'll be like, if you remember Valentine's say, you send me a plant? What did that mean?
Speaker 6: Yep? I would I'd love you to do that, that would be awesome, I will.
Speaker 2: Okay, So a year later, by then I think we were definitely like more committed. Let's say, because if I can reference pictures in my brain, we would go to events where there would be like a press.
Speaker 3: Line and stuff and he would hold my hands, so pictures were taken.
Speaker 2: So it was like, Okay, we're confirming we're together. I feel like we went to a movie premiere.
Speaker 1: By the way, Can I just interject and say, I think that is so funny that that is how celebrities confirm their dating.
Speaker 6: You know, like you're wondering, Oh, I wonder if he's serious or not.
Speaker 1: But then if he's willing to be photographed on the press line with you, you're like, okay, this is your score.
Speaker 3: I'm his oh man. And people I wonder like, how could she have no self worth? She's a celebrity, Like, hello, yeah he was. He was very nice.
Speaker 1: Well we'll see how nice as you finished the story, I'll be the judge of nice.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: So I believe the following Valentine's Day, we again had been photographed out like I wasn't.
Speaker 3: A secret anymore.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: But I think even.
Speaker 2: To this day, he'll say, you know, it was a it was a dicey situation that I was always mindful of because.
Speaker 3: It was a big opportunity.
Speaker 2: I'm on nine O two one zero and later like I'm dating the boss's daughter. But there's no reference to it. And he's like, I was worried, like I was. You know, he was worried for job security, and so we kind of but communicate security.
Speaker 1: He should have sent you like a garden of flowers.
Speaker 2: I think he was worried that if my dad found out that he was dating me, that he wouldn't want him on the show. But my dad was the opposite. He loved me dating leading men. He loved me dating actors. Like he didn't know anything besides actors, so like that was his world. He wanted to like keep it contained, like Okay, I know my dad was so old fashioned yet so like I don't know, not with it at the times, like it's the worst to be like dating an actor, like, oh, I don't wish that any girl like and but he thought like, oh, she's safe if she's dating an actor.
Speaker 3: You know, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: And especially one on his cast where he could be like you know, have you guys on his radar?
Speaker 2: Right, But I think, like to Vince's defense, like we didn't have the best communication in our relationship and we never talked about that, and he didn't know how my dad felt, you know, like we'd done things with my family and stuff. But I don't know. I think he was just worried whatever. I'm defending him for no reason, like he didn't do anything wrong. But anyway, a year later, we were committed. We were well, we didn't talk about being committed, but he held my hand in public. So whooo, so it's confirmed the bitches, he's off the market. No, yeah, And anyway, it was fashion Week and I have to check this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this line's up.
Speaker 2: It's New York Fashion Week right right now, kind of leading into Valentine's Day. And I was in New York going to fashion Week with my mom, and my mom had said, would you want to go to Fashion Week? I was like, oh my god, that would be so cool, Like I'd done Fashion Week before, but with.
Speaker 3: My mom that's kind of iconic, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go, let's do it together. And Maron was in New York at the time and some other friends and he just had We had the best time. But I remember that it was Saturday night and it was Valentine's Day, I think I or it was, or maybe it wasn't quite Valentine's Day, but it was. The Playboy Mansion was having like their Valentine's Day party, and we had gone to ones before at the Playboy Mansion, like it was the thing to do at the time, and every actor and actress you always win. It was fun and he was going though, but he wasn't going. I wasn't going to be with him with all our friends, like I was in New York and I was super worried. And yet I've always been the girl that pretended not to be jealous but would just like cringe inside but wouldn't communicate it because I didn't want to be like that girl that was like nagging.
Speaker 3: I'm still like that, so I.
Speaker 6: Think a lot of women are like exactly, yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 2: So I just remember saying like, Okay, have fun, but we do me a favor. I don't care how late it is, will you just call me when you get home, like, and he was like yeah, So that was like our thing, And I was proud of myself that I didn't stand up for myself and say, you know, I felt nervous about him being there with women all over him, because even when I was there with him, you know, women would be all over him. So I'm like, oh god. And anyway, long story short, he didn't call. He never called, and I was like, I don't know. I was like, okay, that's it, and yeah, that was it.
Speaker 6: You broke up with him?
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't tell him because we didn't communicate, So I.
Speaker 6: Just so you just ignored him on set or.
Speaker 3: No. Two had ended by then, okay, by the year later, so.
Speaker 6: You just never called him back.
Speaker 3: We talked after that.
Speaker 2: We saw each other a couple times where he wanted to try to work things out. And you know what, here's the thing about me is I will stay and I will stay until and all my friends are like, with the wrong guy, what are you doing? Don't stay, don't stay. But when I am done, when I am truly, truly done, and it has to be on my time, and it's usually to the point where it's like everyone's like, why wasn't she done three years ago?
Speaker 3: For five or six or ten.
Speaker 2: I when I'm done, I'm done, and I don't go back so at that point, I really we'd kind of been going through this back and forth and I was just like, I don't want to feel worried and jealous and I want more of a commitment and I don't know. Yeah, I was done and that was it for you, thank you, and then I went home from New York.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was that's it.
Speaker 2: I was supposed to stay like the rest of the week in New York doing Fashion Week, like more of Fashion Week, but I got the call that Scary Movie Too. And I'd been auditioning like over and over, been like two months. We hadn't heard anything. So I was like, oh, I didn't get the role. And I got a call from my agent saying, we just got a call Scary Movie Too. You got the part of Alex and they want you to start rehearsal and then start filming and you have to be home tomorrow. And I was like, oh my god. And my mom was super cool. She had already paid for this whole trip and like we had all these things lined up to go see and I was like, Mom, I got the job. I have to go home. Terrified of flying so I couldn't just fly home and she would stay and she offered to go with me back home, and yeah, and then I started scaring movie too, which was great. So I was so lost in that that I didn't have time to worry about like, h should I get back together with Vince?
Speaker 3: What should I do? Which I do? I was just like.
Speaker 2: Oof, kind of the best revenge in a way big feature film.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't need you. I'm starting a movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thinking about it, I'm still mad about it. I'm still mad about the plant, that's all. I'm not even mad that he went to the Playboy Mansion party. I'm pissed about the fucking plants.
Speaker 3: Like, so I was question about the plant, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Did you keep it? Did you thrown into garbage?
Speaker 1: Might still have and you don't even realize that is the plant he gave you a million years ago and it's still alive somewhere.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. I call myself Tori of all trades. I can really do anything that is uh making.
Speaker 3: Stuff, except I.
Speaker 2: Do not have a green thumb. I'm a plant killer. I cannot keep a plant alive to save my life. Like it's it's I'm notorious like for killing plants, and I've been given plants that people say impossible to I killed a fucking cactus once. They were like, impossible to kill. That cactus was dead a week later, like it's it's where plants go to die my house, Like it's OK. No one give me a plant ever, it will not survive.
Speaker 6: Hey, keep five kids alive, that's all.
Speaker 3: That's good enough. That's right.
Speaker 2: I can keep children alive. I can keep animals alive. I cannot keep a plant alive. But I think I wouldn't have thrown away because to me, I would have put emotional like feelings on the plant and attachment and be like, oh no, it's a living thing.
Speaker 3: I can't throw it away.
Speaker 6: It feelings will be hurt if I throw it away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I did have one plant that did stay alive for many years, and that was the only one. And I moved that plant in little pieces, like it would have one like piece left and I would like find but it had roots and like half of it was gone, and I'd move it to each apartment. That plant's name was Oscar. I don't think Oscar survived beyond like our seventeenth move, but he was he was there for a long time, right.
Speaker 6: So what happened to this plant?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I can't even remember the type of plants. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: You blocked it out, I've blocked it.
Speaker 2: It's like down there, deep with like repressed childhood memories.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Maybe that's why you killed plants because of that.
Speaker 2: Whoa, Right, this goes deeper. Maybe this is linked to why I don't drink water.
Speaker 6: That's a stretch. But okay, I'll go there with you, aren't we.
Speaker 3: God, you know I love a good pun.
Speaker 7: I'm so.
Speaker 3: Girl crushing on you right now, Lauren.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, But to keep a plant alive, you have to feed it for you have to give it water.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't get myself water. It's like a form of self sabotage. So maybe, yeah, when you went there, you said, maybe that's a form of why I don't keep plants alive because I feel like I can't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going too far here, all right. Yeah, it's not that deep. Yeough, It's just a plant, just another fucking holiday, right. I think if I really had to think about it, I probably wouldn't have thrown it away.
Speaker 3: I felt like I had to keep it. I probably put it in Kevin's room.
Speaker 6: Uh, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Where at the time, Yeah, you know my roommate Kevin huge dentists.
Speaker 3: Now great guy sober got his shit together.
Speaker 2: But during that time, inadvertently, that plant probably saw so much porn and hookers and cocaine that it probably died. But it wasn't in my hands. Wasn't it my hands? Or the plant had a really good time bird's eye view, We.
Speaker 7: Don't no, It's that time of year. Valentine's Day is coming up soon. Listen to I Do Part two if you want to find love by February fourteenth, Our talented and Why celebrity experts know a lot about love because they've screwed it up a couple of times, but now they're learning from each other and getting it right. You can too. I do Part two as the lesson in love you need. If you're alone on Valentine's and you haven't been listening, that's on you.
Speaker 8: Listen to I Do Part two on America's number one podcast network, iHeart Open, the Free I Heeart app and search I Do Part two and start listening.
Speaker 1: All right, so we've heard about one of your worst Valentine's Day stories.
Speaker 6: How about sharing a.
Speaker 1: Positive Valentine's Valentine's Day story? What is a happy memory of Valentine's Day?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I got this one. This is a good one. So on Valentine's Day twenty and eleven, I found out I was pregnant. I was pregnant with my third baby, which is Hattie and Dean and I were filming our reality show, Tory and Dean Home Sweet Hollywood. Liam and Stella were like three and four. We never planned any of our babies. We always felt like they came to us when when they wanted to, which is why ended up with five.
Speaker 3: But it was all meant to be anyway.
Speaker 2: We were opening our store inventory, which was like gifts and antiques and really great store that would probably still be there now, but I feel like at the time wasn't doing so well. Brick and Morris stores were kind of on the outside anyway. I was also in the midst of doing photos and content for my party planning slash cookbook, which was called Celebratory, and I just the list keeps going and yeah, So I was doing all these things super super busy and never stopped. But like all of a sudden, I was really really nauseous and really sick. We were in I remember being in Joshua Tree and we were doing one of the photo shoots for Celebratory and all my friends came out there. The show came out to film the behind the scenes of it, and I was just we were antiquing because we were pulling stuff. They have such great antiquing and Joshua Tree. I think I had to rent like a U haul to get us back home because I found all this stuff that then I was going to put into inventory, because I always would tell myself that, like, oh my gosh, I shouldn't be shopping.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, and then I was like, but it's for my store.
Speaker 2: So it put like two pieces in the store and like twenty pieces in my home anyway, the store, but I was, so We're in Joshua Tree and I was super nauseous, and I remember I had to drive myself out to Joshua Tree and the team had gone ahead, and like everybody was getting there separate. I was working on something else, so I had to leave later to get there, and it's like a three three and a half hour drive, and I remember calling them because on the way to the photoshoot and it was just me and my chicken Coco. And yep, me and my chicken Coco. I was the first person to have like a pocket chicken. I think of like you know, Paris Hilton has her cute little dog. I would bring my Cocoa everywhere. And you remember her. She was white and fluffy and loved to go everywhere. So Coco was with me in the car.
Speaker 3: I remember you, I.
Speaker 6: Just have to interduct. Didn't you used to dress her?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she had a fab wardrobes.
Speaker 2: I remember, Oh my gosh, because I used to dress my pug me me LaRue.
Speaker 3: Because she liked it.
Speaker 2: People used to be like, that's so crazy way you dress your dog. I was like, she likes it, Like she screams and runs to her little boudoir.
Speaker 3: We to pull her clothes out. She did. She loved it.
Speaker 2: But I remember putting Coco on Instagram and people saying, wait, no, this is it.
Speaker 3: It was on Twitter.
Speaker 2: On Twitter, uh, someone reached out to me and said, Coco is so adorable. I make chicken sweaters. And I was just like, okay, hey, I don't believe her in anything. But I was like, is this a joke? Like chicken sweaters, and she was in Australia and she said, may I send Coco a few pieces? And I thought it was so funny. I was grateful, but I thought it was so funny. I was like Coco, I was like, you have fans now, like you're sending you swag. She did. She send Coco sweaters, multiple ones, really really adorable sweaters, and Coco she wasn't mad. I always thought Coco was like Mimi LaRue, like reincarnated, because she liked to go everywhere with me. She didn't like to go outside like Mimi was like that. She was just like like to snuggle and stay with me. Didn't to go and walks and stuff. And she liked to wear clothes, which mem did. So I'm like, okay, anyway, yeah, so she always was in a chicken sweater. Anyway. Oh so Cocoa and I were driving in the car and I was like starving, which should have been my first clothes pregnant, but I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So I had to pull over at Taco.
Speaker 2: Bell and go to the drive through, and if anyone wants to know, I love Taco Bell to this day. Pregnant, not pregnant and I like a number one, so it's a burrito Supreme. I'm that girl with a taco Supreme and a drink. That's my order and I'm sticking to it. Oh my god. I was so sad for years when they took away the Mexican pizza. But now it's back, you guys, So everything's good in my world. Anyway, I got it and I ate it and we're driving and I was like, oh my god, I don't feel good. And now it's not because.
Speaker 3: I ate it fast.
Speaker 2: I don't really ate it fast, but I was like I had to pull over and I was like vomiting on the side of the road, and I called my production team on Tori and Dean. I was like, oh my gosh, you guys, I don't know if I'm going to make it out there and the book people and everything. I was like, I'm throwing up everywhere, and they were like, are you okay? Do you need to go home? And I was like no, I just I just need it a few minutes and then I'm going to you know, press on. Work is first, so so I waited and I felt a little better. No Taco bell left behind, So then after I felt better, I did eat the Taco Supreme that I hadn't because I'd only eaten the brit Of Supreme, and then Coco and I pressed on. But the whole weekend we're filming photos and everything doing and I was just like, I am so sick. I don't know what's wrong with me.
Speaker 3: I can't go.
Speaker 2: I remember one of my producers on Tori and Dean and she's like, do you think you're pregnant?
Speaker 3: I was like no.
Speaker 2: I was like no, no, no, it's been three years between. You know, I had Liam and Stella fifteen months apart. Came, you know, they came and they wanted to and then it had been a three year gap, and I was like, you know, no, maybe it's.
Speaker 3: It's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: No, why wouldn't it Why wouldn't it have happened? So I didn't think much of it. Got back from Joshua Tree and the next day it was Valentine's Day and we opened inventory on Valentine's.
Speaker 3: Day, which he thought was like a cool fun we had.
Speaker 2: The crew was filming it and we'd fight it like all celebrity friends. And we opened up the doors and all fans and shoppers came in and we had like a welcome party and there was champagne and cookies and florals and it was.
Speaker 3: Just all like done.
Speaker 2: But I was already so exhausted from this weekend of filming all the content for Celebratory in my book and then coming back opening a store and filming my TV show opening the store. But after we had filmed everything, the party was still going on for the store and I said to my producer, the same one that asked for when I was pregnant, I said, I'm really sick. I got and she's like, you're sick again. I was like, yeah, I got to go home. I don't know what to do. And so Dean was going to stay behind because we owned the store together and he was going to welcome everybody. And it was like the last thirty minutes of the party. So I went home and she drove me home and I said, you know what, I don't know. I think I might be pregnant. And she was like, oh my god. So she got me home, put me in bed, and got a pregnancy test. So we got it and then it confirmed I was pregnant, and then I didn't believe it. So I called Moran and I was like, this can't be. This is so bizarre, and he's like, it's you. Of course it can be. And I said, okay, I need another confirmation. So he brought five more tests over I think, and he stood outside the door and I took all of them and they were all.
Speaker 3: I was pregnant. I was pregnant. I was pregnant. Okay.
Speaker 2: So then I was like, oh my gosh, it's Valentine's Day. This would be the best reveal ever to Dean that were pregnant. So I took one of my peace sticks that said pregnant and I wrapped it up for a Valentine's gift. So when the party was over, it inventory. He came home and he was exhausted and he was like, do you want to do anything for Valentine's Day? And I was like no, And you know, being the toy that I am, I told my my producer, and she was like, can we film like the reveal of it? And I was like, yeah, he already got to the natural way. We found out in secrecy together the two of us, Slam and Stella.
Speaker 3: Thirder one where this you know, we can go for it.
Speaker 2: So she said, okay, but we didn't tell the film crew and we were just like cameras up when Deane gets home, and so they were all surprised as soon as we announced it. They were all like behind the cameras they were.
Speaker 3: Like what like everyone was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so I wrapped it up and he comes and he gets into bed and I was like, I have a Valentine's gift for you, and he was like, oh my god, thank you so much. He thought it was a pen. I'm like, looking back, like would I ever give you a pen? And that's like that's like as bad as like giving someone like a plant, you know. So anyway, he opened it and it was the peace staking So I was pregnant and the rest is.
Speaker 3: History because then we got our hattie cat. That's my best Valentine's Day effort.
Speaker 6: That is a great val baby love that.
Speaker 3: Okay, So what.
Speaker 2: Am I going to do this Valentine's Day? And Laurene, you know this with kids, like it's just it really does become their holiday, like they have already asked me. This started like weeks ago, like where are we going to go to dinner for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: On the actual Valentine's Day, Bo has like a school performance and they're doing all these songs about love. And then he has his class party deliver all his Valentines, and I have to get my ces candy.
Speaker 3: For all the kids.
Speaker 2: I have a very very busy day. I will not be distracted thinking about boys.
Speaker 3: That's a lie.
Speaker 2: Slightly distracted thinking about boys because I always believe in love and that's a good thing. So, yeah, I'm single. It's going to be Valentine's Day. I've started the tradition that now my kids think gets their holiday, and I'm okay with that for now. And because I'm a big believer in love, I will always be a believer in love. And plants just not in my house because I'll kill them. Oh we've ever told you, guys, I like to be in plants. We'll save that for another episode.
Speaker 3: Bye.