Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. Let's take a.
Speaker 2: Look at some stocks on the move today.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Keene with Bol Sweeny and Bloomberg's Alexis Christopher's.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start with the ticker symbol WOOLF. Wol What am I nice? You know?
Speaker 2: You know your stocks, You're not stock symbols.
Speaker 3: So Petco still in the middle of a turnaround here, and it's latest earnings report sort of underscores that. So shares a Petco down about fourteen percent of the in the pre market. Company second quarter forecast fell below consensus estimates. This is outweighing a better than expected first quarter, which actually included a return to positive revenue growth for the first time in about two years. So this is a pet health and wellness company. They don't just sell, you know, pet supplies. They said that there was a partial Tarer free fund they got last month. They said that's going to be offset in the second quarter by incremental tariffs and higher gas prices. Now the company does have this strategy, right now where they're trying to move away from cost cutting and towards growth initiatives. So they're restocking in store merchandise to feature more private labels, also premium fresh pet food, and they're expanding to build out in store veterinary services like grooming and training. And that really did help, you know, the situation in the last quarter. But again that forecast not living up to expectations, and Petco is down thirteen and a half percent. It was up eight and a half percent the year to date.
Speaker 2: They compete with Chewy, right, yes, they do. No one takes my money easier and checker than the Chewy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I see the Chewy boxes in my building all the time. The way you click through, it's the fastest way to lose money. Oh geez, all right, well you got it. We pay for our pets. What can I still goes woof all.
Speaker 3: Cute five below This is the discount retailer where most items in the store are below five bucks.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: Well, the stock is down more than that.
Speaker 3: It is down ten percent right now, but it was up eighteen percent year to date, so stock is coming under some pressure here. It beat first quarter earnings expectations raised its full year profit guidance, but the CEO on the earnings call signaled caution about the consumer in the months ahead. Same store sales rose twenty three percent in the first quarter. That was better than expected comparable sales forecast growth of six to eight percent. Okay, all good, so far, right, But it left its comparable sales guidance for the second half of the year unchanged. Okay, that's what's worrying investors. The CEO's calling out higher gas prices, sticky inflation for consumer strength going forward. He worries about consumer sentiment, you know. He said, Look, this last quarter we had the higher tax refunds, people went out and spent them. That's not going to be happening here in the current quarter, So there's some concern. Look, Dollar Tree, Dollar General all posted strong quarterly results recently, you know, because even more affluent customers are looking for bargains in these stores.
Speaker 2: But they're all cautious about the consumer going forward.
Speaker 1: All right. P v H.
Speaker 2: We don't talk about this stock often.
Speaker 3: They own Tommy hillfigure and Calvin Klein stock is getting pummeled here down about twenty five percent cut its full year revenue outlook. Warning about the war in Iran denting sales in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It's one of the few US listed companies to slash its guidance due to the Iran war. So Go figure the region made up forty seven percent of sales over the first quarter that you know EMEA region, and much more than it did for Ralph Lauren and Abercrombie and Fitch. So the guidance cut overshadowing a first quarter earnings beat at PVH now expects flat revenue growth for fiscal twenty twenty six, compared with a slight increase that it had forecast previously.
Speaker 1: The Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.