Speaker 1: Well, it is a special day today. Hey, welcome to it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's Awkward Tuesday phone call on your Second Date podcast. But more importantly, we have another live YouTube video up. Yeah we do yah and they like seeing our faces.
Speaker 3: I thought this would be the demise of our show.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, you know, maybe maybe it'll go up right now before it goes.
Speaker 2: So, if you've ever wondered what one of these looks like, you can head over to our YouTube if you're not there already, it's at Brook and Jeffrey, and today is a live Awkward Tuesday phone call up, so enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Comment let us know. I mean, honestly, the more.
Speaker 2: Views and comments we get, the more we'll be able to do more of these, because we do have to convince management to let us have an extra person to help us on these.
Speaker 3: Thy go support them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's true, it's true.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, before we get to your brand new Awkward Tuesday podcast today, what do you see in the comments? Alexis Yes, Ellie said, listening to this gets me through Tanning and Sweden.
Speaker 3: Free u V not very high.
Speaker 1: Don't have Tanner different there?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: In Sweden. Doesn't sound like a task at all.
Speaker 1: I have so many questions. All right, hey, well start tanning. Good ta a girl?
Speaker 5: Yeah you do you?
Speaker 1: Okay, good luck your bad you. Tuesday starts right now.
Speaker 5: If you ever receive a bad gift, you can either pretend that you really like it, yeah, or well no, you pretty much have to pretend that you like it. You really have no other way. The thing is, that doesn't really work for one of our listeners, because he just found out what his girlfriend has secretly been planning to give him for his upcoming birthday, and the mere idea of it is sending him into a literal panic. Oh so much so he's determined he has to stop her from ever giving it to him. And you're gonna hear what that is and why he absolutely cannot let it happen in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 6: Next, It's awkward, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: You've heard people say the phrase information is power.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well that's not.
Speaker 5: The case for our listener, Franklin. Apparently, for him, information is fear because he learned something recently that got him so terrified, so scared, he emailed us asking if we could help him make an awkward Tuesday phone.
Speaker 2: Maybe ignorance is bliss is the better quote we should use here.
Speaker 5: Oh it's too late for that. Franklin now knows too much. Franklin, Welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, just even that high sounded frightened. I thought Jeffrey was exaggerating like he normally does.
Speaker 5: But you, I felt like I was exaggerating. But you sound like you're hiding underneath a blanket.
Speaker 4: Right now, get a little nervous talking. I'm on the radio. Nobody's listening.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, don't worry. It's only like five people that listen to this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and one of them is my mom, and she thinks anything anyone does on our show is amazing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: You're doing great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what my mom would say. Oh he's so adorable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're in a safe space right now, Franklin, So feel free to say whatever you need to. We need to know. What is this information that you found out that has you so terrified?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well it's like like you've heard I found out something I wasn't supposed to know.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, you could just you could take your time in telling us you sound like you're rushing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first, like set the scene. Why are you not supposed to know this information?
Speaker 4: Well, I was hanging out with a buddy of mine and I said he, so, what are you doing this weekend? And he goes, oh, I'll be it your thing. That's basically going to take the whole day, you know what the set up and everything. And I was like, like, he's sort of like on my face, and then I saw his face, so he was like one of saying that he definitely wasn't supposed to say what he just.
Speaker 1: Said, saying is your birthday coming up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: My birthday is Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's always one person that ruins it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he came out with a little bit of information. What did he say?
Speaker 4: I mean, he didn't give it up right away, but I knew, you know, Lou was hiding something, So you got to tell me what it is. And he tells me that my girlfriend is together a surprise party for me.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cute. Is that not something you would like?
Speaker 2: Because some people, I guess you know everybody in this room would love a surprise party.
Speaker 1: I think maybe not Jeff, But.
Speaker 3: You want to open the studio door. No one's here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the dream? What about you?
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 4: What? Like?
Speaker 1: What's your take on it? Are you excited to hear this or not?
Speaker 4: No? No, I am not a party person. I'm not a big gathering person.
Speaker 3: You are nervous just talking to us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's the thing. My friend made me swear that I wouldn't give him up. Oh yeah, you slipped up. It's not it's it was an honest mistake. So I can't just I don't want to throw him under the bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's good.
Speaker 4: I gotta I gotta do something here because I don't want a party.
Speaker 1: You don't, no, not at all, want at all.
Speaker 4: It's kind of my fault because I had mentioned a couple of months ago that I'd never really had a big birthday party or anything. But I don't think she understood that. That's because I didn't want one.
Speaker 3: You accidentally manifested this.
Speaker 2: I don't like celebrating, but I'm like, no, we have to, like you suck it up and celebrate.
Speaker 5: So you know, you don't like the attention being on yourself, or you don't like the big crowds, or like, what is it about it that scares you? The most.
Speaker 4: I don't like either, but both of them together are frightening. Okay, And it's kind of it's also kind of personal, like.
Speaker 2: There's a third reason that this can't happen, is what you're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, what is it?
Speaker 1: It's kind of personal?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just tell us.
Speaker 4: That's not something that i'd be sar.
Speaker 1: Okay if.
Speaker 5: React, Yeah, you can wear us a secrets.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, it's fine if you don't tell us. But can I ask does your girlfriend know this personal thing? Or is this also a secret from her?
Speaker 4: It's also a secret to her?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I mean if she knew that, maybe she would have never planned this to begin.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is that you're dealing with.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure that would be the case.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: And I just want some advice on how to get out of this without letting her know that, I know, how.
Speaker 6: You get out of a surprise party that you're not supposed to know about.
Speaker 2: Are you sure you can't have a medical emergency right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That would be a good time.
Speaker 2: You need some more sketchy, get some food poisoning, find all the one start.
Speaker 5: YEA we have gift cards to restaurants that are very very lowly waiting we could send you.
Speaker 4: The problem is we work together, so I might have to commit to a a performance for a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: To ensure she doesn't eat the leftovers route.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you want the advice on how to call your girlfriend and sneakily get out of the surprise party that she threw for you that she doesn't know you know about due.
Speaker 2: She's got everything planned right now, Like, how elaborate is this party?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 4: I don't know all the details, but I know it's stake. She doesn't do anything small.
Speaker 3: She rented someplace out already, that's a.
Speaker 5: Big how many people wanting to see you? Well, we got our work cut out for us. We're going to think of some advice to give you on how to accidentally cancel your own surprise party when we reach out to your girlfriend and get you your awkward Tuesday phone call right after this.
Speaker 4: You can't do it now?
Speaker 5: No, no, what?
Speaker 4: Okay? I'm just hoping we could just do it then get it done.
Speaker 5: We'll get to it, but we need to take a break first, Like we need a minute to think of what our advice should be, and then we'll come back and give it to you and let you make your call.
Speaker 4: Okay, take a deep breath, keep breathing.
Speaker 3: Y'll hold it.
Speaker 4: I'm breathing.
Speaker 5: Keep doing that all the way till we get back. We'll do it right after this.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 3: It's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: This weekend. Someone's getting a surprise party for his birthday thrown in his honor. And just one problem is he hates surprises, he hates parties, and he hates honor. And that would describe our listener Franklin, who just found out through a buddy that his girlfriend is going to be throwing a big gathering with a bunch of people at a restaurant to celebrate his birthday.
Speaker 3: It sounds good to everybody.
Speaker 1: It's his worst night marriage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he wants to figure out how to politely convince his girlfriend to cancel it, even though he's not supposed to know about it in the first place.
Speaker 3: That's an extra layer that's kind of tough.
Speaker 5: To definitely a challenge. So, Brooke, what's your advice for Franklin?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I think you lean into the positives.
Speaker 2: Right, you say, oh my god, honey, I am so excited to just spend my night with just you. Okay, and I assume like she has made a ruse, right, like you guys are just going to a dinner or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So lean into that and be like, this is just my perfect birthday and crazy. I just read like eight percent of people get engaged on their birthdays.
Speaker 1: It isn't that weird.
Speaker 4: Whoa.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, you want to trick her into thinking he might propose, or are.
Speaker 3: You forcing her to propose to him?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm just forcing her to cancel and be happy about it.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, you know, like, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, I have to cancel the party. He said this, he might propose.
Speaker 4: You're well, the only thing that scares me more than supprise birthday parties is proposing.
Speaker 5: Okay, Franklin, just lock that in the back of your mind in case you want to use it. Jose, what's your advice, Well.
Speaker 6: The trickiest part of this is that you need to get her to admit that there is a part before she finds out that you already know about it.
Speaker 1: Oh, You're trying to get her to confess to him.
Speaker 6: So then, so the only way that I can think of doing this is to tell her that you had a surprise party as a child and it completely scarred you.
Speaker 5: What do you think about that, Franklin?
Speaker 4: That is really good. Try to sell that easier than the proposals. I really want to stay away, far away from Okay, we.
Speaker 1: Won't do the proposal. Okay, I'm sorry that I even brought it up.
Speaker 2: Just emphasize you're excited to spend time with just her.
Speaker 4: I think I can find them. I can probably combine them both to like, Hey, I want to spend time with you in here's here's why.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, no matter what, you need to come.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that we hold this off. The more nervous he's getting, So we just have to dial her number and do this.
Speaker 4: You ready, Franklin, I'm as ready as I'm gonna be.
Speaker 5: So yeah, all right, just take a deep breath, and while you do that, I'm going to dial her number.
Speaker 1: He hasn't breathed in five minutes.
Speaker 5: You need it. Here we got.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hey, hey babe, it's me. How's it going, Franklin? Yeah?
Speaker 7: What what number are you calling from? I don't I don't have the fun sab.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm at the I'm I'm at the office office of the other office. I'm at the other office. I'm sorry, I'm just calling listen.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I was looking at the weather for Saturday, and I know the thing it's going to be really, really funny, but there's like a thirty five percent chance that there's going to be like a huge storm, and I'm just thinking, if everything, we should probably just go away Saturday evening, you know, just just get you know, get out of the area before the rain. It'll be it'll be like spontaneous, but we planned it, Babe.
Speaker 7: I need you to calm down. You are freaking out and it's already booked. We're gonna have dinner downtown. Like, don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, I hate to bring it up. But the thing about that is like I had a birthday downtown when I was a kid, and it just didn't go well. I don't like going downtown for my birthday. It's a whole thing. It was a whole thing. Then I just I'd rather just use had a birthday downtown anyway. Kid. Yeah, yeah, it was a whole thing. Like a lot of people were there and I wasn't really prepared for it. I was a kid. It just really freaked me out. So I just between that and the weather, I'd rather just go anywhere else.
Speaker 7: Do you know something that maybe you shouldn't know?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, I don't know what anything.
Speaker 7: Well, you're being super weird. You call me from this like unknown number, and now you're like talking about the weather and going out of town when I says it's just going to be sunny, and now there's some like downtown birthday trauma. I guess when you were like, I'm so confused. If you know something, you have to tell me.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Maybe what you know something I don't. I don't know what do you know that I should know? Do you know something?
Speaker 7: Do you ranclon? Okay? Who told you?
Speaker 4: I don't want to tell you. Who told me? If anybody told me anything. I just I don't want to do if we were going to do anything other than this, I don't want to do the thing that we might be doing, you know what I mean? I just don't want to do it.
Speaker 7: Okay, it sounds like you know about your birthday, and all I want you to know is that we can't cancel it. It's too late at this point, and just don't worry about it. I've got it all booked. Everything's going to be fine. You're gonna have a blast. I've got all your friends are coming, your family, your sister.
Speaker 4: No, it's going to be awesome. Okay. But I know we've been I know we've been six months now. I love you. It's just we can't we can't do this.
Speaker 7: What what is the problem. Uh, you've been to like big parties before. You don't understand why this is the problem.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, first of all, those weren't my party, so it wasn't you know. No, no big deal. The pressure and something you didn't know and I didn't know how to tell you. I'm soil now? Is that I'm not thirty one and forty one? Who?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh?
Speaker 4: What wait? Oh are you serious? Oh?
Speaker 3: You've been lying about your Why would you lie about your age? Your girlfriend?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: Why is it going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hello, Hi Sierra? Hey, Uh, sorry to tell you like this, but shocking. I think we're all recovering too. So you're you're on a radio show right now. This is called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. No, no, wow, he told us.
Speaker 2: That he didn't want to have a surprise party because oh I don't like crowds.
Speaker 1: I hate surprises. It's because you didn't want to get out it on the big lie you I've been telling.
Speaker 5: Okay, no judgment, Brook, Remember we're on his side for six months.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, I need someone to tell me what's happening right now.
Speaker 5: Franklin, that's probably the best person.
Speaker 4: Here's what happened. I got really nervous about the birthday party because of my age, and I was trying to get out of it without letting anybody know what the real problem was.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, they know how old you are obviously.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh my friends think I'm dating a thirty one year old.
Speaker 1: How about you think you're damn.
Speaker 5: Who cares?
Speaker 1: What are your friends?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How old are you? Sierra?
Speaker 7: Twenty nine?
Speaker 4: I mean, age is just a number. I've got the heart and body of a thirty one year old.
Speaker 5: But why would you say that you're thirty one when you're really forty one?
Speaker 4: Because we wouldn't have matched otherwise.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, were you like lying on a dating app? But also the age range and so he'd be out of her Rene because she doesn't want to date a forty one year old.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, baby, I really did not know how to tell you. I was going to tell you. I didn't know how or when, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Six months in on the radio show is probably not the best idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, we love each other, that's the thing that's really important.
Speaker 7: But you've been lying to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Okay, it's a lie, and it's a big lie. I don't it shouldn't be a relationship ending lie. I don't think, because I think, you know, we we got some really good.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's something we're gonna have to talk about. I don't know. This is all like a lot right now. I don't know what to do about the birthday because all the decorations say thirty one, and your parents are going to be like.
Speaker 4: Laughing at me. No, no one's gonna let me. I'll let my family know that it's a joke and it'll be fine.
Speaker 1: It's a joke, so you're gonna lie to them.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, like half the people think it's a joke and half will think it's real.
Speaker 4: They no, I let them know they're in on the joke. It's a joke and they'll be in on it, and you'll be can we.
Speaker 6: Reverse the balloons so it says thirteen, Then it looks like even more.
Speaker 5: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 3: I'm finally immature, and you.
Speaker 1: Know what they say, like forty one going on thirteen.
Speaker 5: That could be really funny. Now we got an idea, you know, just lie after lie after lie until it's all who knows where we are?
Speaker 7: Like, I just I'm gonna have to think about this. I mean, I can't cancel the party now. There's just too much that's got into it.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's fair, he is, I put a deposit down. Yeah, okay. It sounds like this is the making of an awkward Tuesday update.
Speaker 1: Oh I do need you all to check in after this party goes.
Speaker 3: I think everybody does.
Speaker 4: I'm again, babe, I'm sorry. It's just something that I was really on my mind and I didn't know how to deal with it.
Speaker 1: You like, now I know why you knew so much Nineties trivia ten years was like to fill them in on now, So.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Man, when he told us that he had a personal reason for not wanting to have this party dude.
Speaker 1: I thought it was something that like, I didn't want to pry. Yeah, I felt bad.
Speaker 5: I know no idea that he personally isn't the age that his girlfriend thinks.
Speaker 1: He is wildly different. Yeah, like ten years is a big difference.
Speaker 3: Great to be able to be believed.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: That is a big beard. You can't tell, tell you those beards had a lot.
Speaker 5: Of age, big beard, youthful personality. His girlfriend had no idea. We had no idea.
Speaker 1: I bet she has at least a couple of girlfriends. They are like I thought, he looked really old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, matter what happens, rough way to start off your birthday weekend.
Speaker 1: Do you think they stay together a happy forty one.
Speaker 5: It is probably even more rough than what happened to him downtown as a child. Poor guy. But anyway, if you ever need help with your personal life, make sure to reach out to the show. Email us. We can give you some advice and let you make that all important awkward call. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.