Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh Yeah, bringing the fun Tuesday in for the great Dan Patrick and all our friends at Dan ats, Covino al Ritch, what's up? Pleasure to be here, everything at Covino and Rich on social media. We're Covino and Rich in real life and this hour is brought to you by Tire iraq dot com, the official tire expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tyrack dot com slash Dan, try the Tire Decision Guide and see the full line of Goodyear tires special offers, free road hazard protection and mobile tire installation. Tyrack dot com The Way Tire Buying should be again Live from Mercedes Benz Studios. I'm Covino. That is Rich danyg Super producing eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox if you want to get involved. And Iowa Samuel is on the Xylophones doing a great job breaking a sweat yea with his Waynewirl at Wayneworld had on Yeah, what's exscellent? What's up? Karth Iowa sam swing here. Thank you for being here with us. We appreciate you. Remember to check our podcast. We're on Monday, through Friday five to seven on the East normally, but always a pleasure to be in here for DP. Now now we'll get wig surprises as well. Just stick around for that playing trivia later on. But we gotta took a little NFL football. Oh yeah, the big draft, not the not the one last night. Congrats by the way, to Page Beckers. Your number one pick should playing for the Dallas What do you know? The v A w v A team in Dallas? The Wings. There you go. I was like Dallas, Danny g loves wings. Oh it's not like wings, Like, it's not like chicken wings. Cody Bellinger not so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Honey, barbecue is the best.
Speaker 2: What's what's your favorite lemon pepper? You like the Asian z incabino? I do? I absolutely do? Why who doesn't? So yeah, let's talk about it. Congratu, Pagebackers. But that's not the draft. We're talking about next Thursday, the NFL draft, A big night. What used to be a bunch of old white dudes in a conference room with tan and brown phones. Who you picking? Oh? I'm not telling you? You ever seen the from what is it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Marine? Why am I drawing a blanket? Lose my mind. From Marino to Lway, l No, from Lway to Marino. That thirty for thirty about that draft, the one where John Elway is like, Yo, Colts, have you picked me? I'm gonna go play for the Yankees. That draft and that documentary that thirty for thirty remind you that if you grew up in the eighties, in our lifetime, it was a bunch of guys smoking cigarettes in a conference room with nineteen eighties wooden walls. Yeah, it wasn't this big spectacle that we know today. It wasn't one hundred thousand people in the streets of a city celebrating their team's pick. An ocean of people in Detroit. That's my visual now with all these special graphics and everything, Now, is that at all? Is that fair to say Danny g and Sam? You know, we're all around the same age. Sam's younger. But in our lifetime, what's evolved the most might be the draft or WWE events. You know, think of like a WrestleMania. Just think of how old school and in late seventies eighties Wrestling City until the whole Coo Mania was running wild and macho mean and the Andre the giant. Before that, it was a bunch of just guys that would grapple, no theme music, no fireworks. So you're right, WWE, it'd be like some hairy guy with a single it, you know, Georgian Animal's steel eating a turnbuckle and Bruno San Martino barely striking English in some local city. Now, my god, look look how massive this event is. So yeah, look at a wrestling event from nineteen eighty something compared to now. The only thing that might be scaled up more is the NFL Draft. It really is. And by the way, you mentioned something that's so understated, the fact that Elway took a stand and was penciled into the Yankees lineup, already playing right field in the same lineup with Don Maddingly, if he didn't get draft, imagine I think a lot of people forget about that, and it is brought up in that documentary. Imagine John Halway as a baseball player as a Yankee so weird, or Tom Brady on the expos. But anyway, my point is the NFL Draft has come maybe the longest way other than WWE wrestling. I can't think of something that has evolved so much in our lifetime, maybe UFC where it went from. One of your buddies might be like, yo, do you like extreme fighting? And now UFC? Early UFC was you know one of the Gracie brothers. Yeah, now fighting a sumo dude. Now the President's coming down the aisle, right, Yeah, I mean it's evolution, baby, So I would say, WWE, wrestling, UFC and the NFL Draft what has evolved the most in our lifetime? And hey, next week Green Bay gonna be hosting, you know, a spectacle. Every team has special guests come in to make their picks. Yeah, it's an Now, it wasn't you know, as much of an event back then. Roger Goodell gonna be booed. But then everyone's going to do their best bro hug hold up their jersey. Now here's the big question. What's gonna happen between now and next Thursday? Because I want to play detective. When your dad would watch Colombo, My dad would watch Colomboy. One more thing, Peter Fawk with his lazy eye and a cigar is to love it. It's a love that show. I've known you for twenty years, never heard you talk about Columbo once. You don't know my love of Peter Falk once. In fact, i've known him longer than that. I've not we met each other. And I've heard you talk about Kojak more than i've heard you talk about Columbo. We've known each other since our early twenties. I've known you twenty years. How do you not know of my love of Peter Falk. You're more of a Frank Dreben kind of guy. His narration of Princess Bride, it's fantastic. Never first time he had to have Google right before we got into this discuss. Should I guarantee you he googled with Colombo? I remember every Rich Davis reference under the Moon. First time I've ever heard him bring it up. I remember there was an episode who killed Missus Colombo? And he and he faked his wife's death. I please, I'm a Colombo super fair. Right, I'll take your word. I'm gonna play Columbo right now. Sure, and we're gonna try to figure out what's happening between now and next Thursday. And we stopped. I won't do a Peter Falk the whole time. I promise, well start with Shadell Sanders between now and next Thursday. They announced yesterday that this.
Speaker 4: Is like that book that Lebron read. Allegedly Lebron only reads page one of books, right, is that the thing that Colombo.
Speaker 2: So between now and next Thursday Shadoor Sanders yesterday they announced that he's doing a private workout with the Giants. Now, you gotta ask yourself why because that was the rumor from the beginning. And where there's smoke, there's fire, like one thing I I can't say I hate but aggravates me about sports talk radio or just people in general. Are the I told you so people. I told you. I'm the one that told you. I've been telling you for months. I've been telling you for months forever. Go back to the tape. I was telling you. I'm the one. I invented it. I said it, but I hate those people. I said it here on the show. There were so many rumors and look look on TV right now they're talking about it Strah Sanders, the Giants. There was a lot of substance there, and people are like, well, how do you know, Like, well, where there's smoke, there's fire, there's a lot of interest. There's no secret there. And I said, I know personally of someone in the camp that's telling me it's on like John Pappalbond eating flywn with Bishop Don Magic Gwan with Michelle Kwan with Michelle Kwan watching The Wrath of Khan. So you don't know anybody who told you you're barber And that's what Rich said. And I'm like, look, I know, but I got Scoops. Who do you know, the guy the salad chop down the box talking to you, Scoops Callahan, the guy twenty four fitness. Now I'm never the guy to say I know for a fact. And I'm like, dude, I know, because it was already a rumor. But I'm like, no, look, I know that they're still interested. They're still interested, even though they got Russell Wilson. Now they're still interested, and they're still in the market for Sanders and I you know, listen, because that's when the conversation changed. Well, man, they got Russell Wilson, and I guess they're out on the market for that, Like no, no, no, Hank tight, I think they're still in. It just proves that I was right. And again, where there's smoke, there's fire. Yeah, Cavino has very few sources. Very I mean, I'm a fans. Cavino's we're fans. We're not like Colin Cowherd who's talking to GMS in his spare time. But you know, I'll back them up. I can't say who it is, but Cavi, we don't know someone that would actually have like an odd insight. Yes, and on the meetings and and confirmed and confirmed that, yeah, it's still on. There's no guarantees, but it's still on. So I said to you the Fox Sports Radio Nation, Look, I know it's not official or anything, but it's still on. It's not over. They're still they're not out of the Shuro Sanders market. So when we talk about the NFL Draft next Thursday, let's let's play a fun round of Columbo of Detective about Sherlock Holmes. It's too old school. Columbo's too old school. They play a stabler. What are you gonna do? Some Law and Order played Detective, And you're right, we do need a new detective reference. Even Colombo's wait dating almost like a seventies eighties Yes, you know, give me someone current. It's like when it's like when someone references a good looking person, they're like, all right, Brad Pitt, Brad, Pitt's like sixties. I mean, he's still good looking, he's still handsome, but he's still more ripped than most. That's true. So what's gonna happen between now and next Thursday. You tell me what you think, because here's what I think is gonna go down. I think, somehow, some way, in an attempt to buy themselves some longevity in New York, GM and coach are thinking Sanders becomes a project. Russ is your quarterback. He see Here's where I'm sort of said, why what the Tommy DeVito, Tommy Cutlets will be out of the picture. No, but I think Jamis Winston now finds himself like what is he the second string? But yet you know Sanders is in the wings. So if the Giants somehow have this meeting on Thursday, this will run through hang with Shador Sanders on Thursday, and they come to the conclusion of it's good for the team, it's good for the city. They they like his vibe, they like his what he brings to the table. Then you got to ask yourself, Jameis wins In, Russell Wilson, you have a quarterback room that's filling. Tommy DeVito, your local Muzadel your local Italian flare. Tommy Cutlets to me, your quarterback room is already filled. Unless you think Shador Sandsers is the type that's cool to sit for a year or so. I mean, I know the Russ deals short, yeah, but maybe you don't want to throw a guy like him out there to fail out to the Wolves. There's high expectations here, so maybe it's in his best interest to get some playing time, but to get acclimated at the same time maybe who he is and the expectations. So again, he's not starting, we know that, but to not have this meeting would be counterproductive for the Giants. You gotta have this meeting. You gotta have this workout. You gotta keep that door open. And again, none of the other answers are solid answers, so it would be a year. Max. I don't think Russell will since the answer. He's not. He's a temporary fix. Winston's not the answer, Tommy Cutlets not the answer. So there's total room for Shador Sanders to grow up and be that guy at least by next year.
Speaker 4: The reason why a lot of people are raising their eyebrows to this Covino is because It is a week in a couple of days until the draft, and usually you've already done your your private workouts, your interviews. He's already had his pro day, so this and who was it? It was Pete Frisco who was on with our early morning show, and he said this reeks of quarterback panic to him because Joe Shane and company want to save their jobs panic or due diligence. Well, but due diligence was weeks ago.
Speaker 2: This is now.
Speaker 4: Can we save our job if we catch Jaden Daniels in a bottle type quarterback play for the next upcoming season?
Speaker 2: You know, you know what it's like. Hold on, Rich, you always give this analogy, so I gotta give it because you're gonna forget. Russell Wilson is the temporary answer here, but he's not the one. You're not married to Russell Wilson, right, So in a sense, don't you feel like the giants are simply just going to the one first, like, hey, we don't want you to be the one that got away, and they're going to shore Sanders before we get in bed and sort of marry Russell Wilson for the next few years, like we want to make sure you're not interested. So you're saying Russ's who you'd sleep with. In the meantime, yes, Russe Russ is the girl you'll sleep with because you know you're you won't you're not going to marry her, right, but they're going to the one we want to. Hey, you're the one we want to marry, so we want to talk to you first and let you know that, Hey, you're the one. This guy is just you know, he's just there. Giants, you're getting at it, you're getting it out of your system with us. Absolutely, you know he's going to be because all right, who do the Giants want to marry? Who's the one? Well, to back up Danny G's point of that about also saving your and buying time, Shane and Dabole, what sounds like a law firm, are are trying to figure out how can we extend our stay as GM and coach of the Giants. And again, if you get a little lightning in a bottle and some good vibes with Shador Sanders, then you might attach yourself to a little more time in charge. We saw this last year before Joe Douglass got fired for the Jets. We're like, go after Devonte Adams, shoot your shot, take your hail, Mary, because you're gonna get You're likely gonna lose your job, so you might as well go out trying. And remember when they went after DeVante Adams and like, let's just go for it. They're going for it, and I think it's it's very similar to a relationship. Let's say you have a buddy who's just marrying someone they're not really that in love with. Wouldn't you advise your buddy You're like, hey, that girl you always liked, though, why don't you just throw it out there before you walk down the aisle? Throw it out there. I've told Shot, I've told friends in a terribly like almost bad friends way. Brof you, I'd go hang out with the other girl, just to say, just to say, listen, Shador Sanders, he has plenty of upswing. I mean it's the Giants. Aside from that, though, he's got a starting gig in a year. Be aggressive, be assertive. Right now around the room, all four of us will should or Sanders be drafted by the New York Giants in nine days. Danny j I say, in the end they actually trade down. So no, no, I was sam Is Shador Sanders a giant. No Covino. I'm gonna say yes based on my insight, source and knowledge of their true interest, and that's why they're taking this meeting because he is the one. You wouldn't go out, like I said, if your source is the same person that did investigating in Billy Madison, as I would say, Miss Slippy's car is green, Oh thank you, Sad Burns, Billy mat likes milk. That's who. That's who does Covino's investigating. So you're saying yes, I'm saying it's a really sexy story and it sounds fun, but I'm gonna say no based on the fact that the quarterback room right now is so full. It's almost like, you know, I at a bunch of people that aren't the one, but it's like I would love to, but uh, you know, we got Ross and Jamis Winston and Tommy Kullt's making some gabba gool in the corner. He's making some man of gout to me, the room is two fall. But Kavina's saying like, well, you make room for the hot shack in the room. You you know you can't if the club is full and this howt girls in line. You find the way to get some dudes out of the club to get those girls in. And you're saying, Shador Sanders might be that hot girl for the Giants. So I think they're just doing it for what. All right, So let's shift gears now other NFL quarterback stuff before the draft. Aaron Rodgers, he has to commit or not to the Steelers in the next nine days, right, because right now they have Kyle Rudolph and that's it. Kings out. Well, here's the interesting part. You think the Vikings are out. But if the Vikings are out, I think we'd have a clear answer already on the Steelers. Here's my thought the Vikings. According to Adam Schefter, the Vikings really liked Drake May last year. Everyone thinks the Vikings were good. J. J. McCarthy. Yeah, they like him, and clearly they like him, but he wasn't their first choice. And this according to Schefter, So what if there was this thought of well, McCarthy's coming off the injury, he's a young man. Aaron Rodgers, that team's more ready to win than of course, the Steelers. According to a lot of people, are you ready to win and I say that respectfully. Man, I got no hatred towards Aaron Rodgers, but when I hear anyone talk about him, I'm like, you really think this guy's the answer to anything? Yeah, well the rumors are.
Speaker 4: That's why the Vikings have been dragging their feet is because the pitch from Rogers, according to reports, was that, hey, let's get this. I have one season to give you where we can go far deep into the playoffs, make a run, and I will mentor McCarthy he can sit behind me that one season.
Speaker 2: So as that's great at all, but you're forgetting one major factor, the distraction and expectation that comes with this dude. Remember my favorite show in the eighties, Columbo, And by the way, hold on again, No, no, to tie it into relationships, there's things you put up with when she's really hot. Guess what, Aaron Rodgers not that hot anymore. You want to put up with all the ancillary nonsense. So in the eighties, you know, as you've known me for twenty years, I love Columbo so much, so let's let's play detective. Never heard you talking about Columbo. Let's play detective one more time and get that last step of cobra. Thank you. I don't think it's rude. It's part of the morning field some people. Some people think it's rude when you slurp the last sip of your drink. I don't go ahead, go for it. I do it for effect. Hey, we're live, it's morning. Just hit your cough button. No, dude, let's let's hear your disgusting slurp. NA. No, I don't want to ruin anyone's breakfast. So let's play detective. If Minnesota was a hundo percento sold on JJ McCarthy, and there's no chance of anyone else, why is quarterback two Brett Rippon just sort of standing by. They've given no effort to go after a true solid veteran backup or someone to mentor or someone to be with JJ McCarthy, because they're leaving that window slightly open. You watch, I'll know this is true that if the minute Aaron Rodgers signs with the Steelers, you see the Vikings go out and get a veteran for all you know, you bring back Kirk Cousins for a year. I'm saying there's you're gonna see the Vikings make a move if he signs with the Steelers, and that'll prove that they were holding out some type of hope or possibility. He has to make a decision soon, man, Yeah, I mean it's it would be rude if he doesn't, right, So how will the dominoes fall? Here? Is basically what it comes down to, the quarterback situation. Your thoughts on Sanders, we gave you ours, Aaron Rodgers, Man, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up just not even playing, dude, I would not be surprised. Hold on, wait a minute, Oh you got breaking news. Not breaking news, but our buddy Matt in Minnesota, who has as many inside sources as you do. I mean, I say that I have a little, but he's a he's a diehard ticket holder, he's a big Vikings. He said there's a lot of local rumors in the Minnesota market that the Vikings are putting out the idea of a trade for Justin Herbert.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was weeks ago on Kings podcast.
Speaker 2: Sending McCarthy to play with Harbaugh, you know, his old coach at Michigan. But there's there's a lot of that local banter in Minnesota as to like maybe either trying to pull a little McCarthy and some picks for Herbert.
Speaker 4: He would get roasted Harball Wood if he traded Herbert away from the Chargers.
Speaker 2: To get his boy that he won a national trip with.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter, man, Herbert is held in such high regard.
Speaker 2: But you know what Herbert does? What do you have? Like eighteen interceptions one game in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not arguing with you on that, but can you imagine with.
Speaker 2: You Dany g one hundred percent? I'm like Herbert, get out of here. He's not going anywhere. But then again, I never thought Luca would be a Laker. You never know, so you never know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it wouldn't that kind of be shocking though to move, of course. I mean considered, you know, easily a top ten quarterback in the league, that.
Speaker 2: That pooped the bet in the playoffs last year.
Speaker 4: But you don't know what you have in McCarthy for the NFL. You don't know if that's gonna translate to the NFL.
Speaker 2: Is play in college, I know, but hey, it's fun to speculate, right, Hey, nine days to the NFL Draft, we'll get to more NFL. We got some NBA play in action going on today, and a fun story about Rory McElroy that will get to I can't say his yeah, but you almost got it that time. Rory macleroy. McLeroy, you have to be a department. There's a lot of We got more Covino and Rich next Infra Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved, to take your phone calls, shop pit up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific. And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcast, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich. We're Covino and Rich and for Dan Patrick. Day two of the Dan Patrick Hat Trick. Hope the kiddos are enjoying spring break. Our kids are home right now sleeping. We're here having fun with you. Now next hour, about an hour from now, we do some Whack Diesel Shacked Diesel Trivia's multiple choices, your chance to take home a prize, be a winner, become a legend. But you can win a Swiggy, the stainless steel water bottle that everybody's talking about. Everybody is and if you want to get involved eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox and a quick reminder, we have a bonus pod if you dig our show, or if you just want to see our stupid faces. We do a show on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page called over promised. You could also just listen and stream wherever you stream your podcast search Covino and rich Over Promise number eighty seven with Coach Ballgame, who was a great listen. But we have lots of things going on. We appreciate you being here. And dude, I was just walking through the hallways talking to Big Mike who runs this place, saying what's up to veto just you know, doing the power strut. I think everybody should do that once in a while at the workplace. Just walk around with your strut, Like, are you walking like Connor McGregor or Vince McMahon. No, I was doing to it, by the way, great great struts. Oh you were walking like Rick Flair. Yeah? Who just pointing to people? Get what day going? Thinking about it? Giants get third pick? It might be Shreder Sanders. Why not? Do you honestly think he's moving ready? Is he move in ready or does he need some work? He needs some time, And I think that he could play for a high profile market. He's a high profile guy. Giants might be a good fit, but just not ready right now. And they don't have their answer. I think it's a perfect match. None of their quarterbacks are the answer. He could be the answer. He's not ready. He could still learn from a Super Bowl CHAMPIONE and James Winston, and he's probably better than Tommy Cutlets. But no knock on him either. But I think he'd be a good fit for New York. His personality is a good fit for New York, and he's just not ready to start right now. I think it could be well. Something that may appear, like Danny g said desperate on the Giants part like last move, sort of desperation move. But do you hear what I just said? Come up?
Speaker 4: What you just said out loud though, was he may not be moving ready. You're gonna spend a third pick overall?
Speaker 2: Yeah, third picture on your future though, the third pick, though, his reserves are like Yo, game changing, player changing, sudden impact, Yeah, sudden impact again, sudden impact. But it's a year out. You think that the Giants are winning anything this year? You're big dreaming. You have a third pick, but they're coaching GM need to win right now. It's not late round, first table. Dave all In the Shane Shane Davon and McGill. I I look at it and listen. We've talked about nepotism, and listen. In sports and entertainment, you still need to deliver. You can't just be the kid of someone and it work out you seemly. You still need to deliver the talent, whether you're a singer or an athlete. It helps maybe move you along. And I think this is a great example of a kid with immense talent. But if he wasn't Deon Sanders kid, he'd play in the NFL, but he would not be considered the number three potential pick. He just it's not there. You wouldn't have been watching him as closely that the microscope wouldn't have been on Colorado. Okay, so then are the Giants just wasting their time bringing them in for a meeting. Why do you think they're bringing them in because they're on the fence with him. I think potential in star power matters. They know he's not ready this year, Dan for next year. Danny g Last week we talked about how a lot of gms and teams were very torn on shouldhar Sanders because there's very little to look at because most of his passes were short, five to ten yard dump offs, had a horrible O line. He had an offensive line that was trash. So he was always sort of.
Speaker 4: You know, orvsky or I hate that word, rich Or I would do that as a law firm. He said, he's very hard to judge as far as what he can do at the next level because we just don't know. He said he had elite field vision, but other than that, just don't know enough about him as far as his game translating to the NFL level.
Speaker 2: One of the hardest quarterbacks to evaluate ever ever. Yet, well, I don't I don't want to jink should Sanders because I wish him well. But the last time a quarterback was chosen at number three with very little to go on except talent, his name was Trey Lance and he was selected by the forty nine ers based on his athlete.
Speaker 3: Don't you dare put that door?
Speaker 2: And I'm just saying that was a very similar like, well, we don't really have a lot of tape on him, and we don't really can't assess him. Hey, we'll see what happens. Your thoughts at covin on rich as we film for DP now before Covino, we get to this Rory McElroy story that has to do with vacationing. I want to throw three headlines out there. As I'm just scrolling through social media on my phone. Were you doing the bull scroll this morning? I was not. Sometimes Rich does the bull scroll in between breaks. I don't know how he does. I don't know how you sit there for that hour waste your time. I don't know like how he can't just relax a little bit. I'm not a relaxing type of mahamma hyped up fella. I mean, we could tell three things that stood out. I want to throw these at you guys. If any of them catch your interest, give me a little a give me a little Fonzie. Hey, let's do it. We're Cavino and Rich Infra Dan Patrick live from Mercedes Benz Studios Number one. Even if you are the vice president of the United States, are you mortified if you drop the national championship trophy like jd Vance did? Did you see the video of this where he picks up the Ohio State University College Championship trophy and the top falls off of it. One of your observations, Bassoser, Now, no, because yeah, anytime you drop anything or you fall and it's viral and it's anywhere. I mean, of course it's all embarrassing. It doesn't know. The Bezos thing isn't embarrassing because he tripped in the desert when his girlfriend just went on a space mission. Because he's a billionaire. So I think there's nothing that could embarrass that guy. I mean, anytime someone falls in face plants, it's it's embarrassing. So I thought that was one of your observations. But yeah, I mean, you drop a championship trophy like a like a klutz mssing. Isn't there a part of me that feels like every time a player or coach holds any championship trophy, there's part of them it's like, don't drop this, don't drop this, don't drop this. JD stands for it just dropped. Just drop.
Speaker 5: But listen to J to the VP's credit here, I don't think it was communicated to him enough that that thing was like a two parter. It wasn't like a whole unit. They had a stand and then the actual trophy. And so like the guy in the tan suit who was kind of helping him hoist it, up. He didn't say, like, oh, this thing like comes apart into two pieces, so he tries to like hoist it up like it's Simba from the Lion King, and the thing just falls into falls on the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just not a good look. If I if I'm it's it became memified instantly, giffinated. Just the VP, give him the heads up, give him the courtesy to not make that mistake or was it a setup? Yeah, exactly, Like how do you not warn the liberal guy that's like, we're gonna make him look dumb? Who knows? So that's number one. I thought that was funny. JD Van's dropping the trophy extremely embarrassing. Number two, this is a discouraging statistic. If you have a daughter around Covino's daughter's age. Oh great, let's hear it. What was the old stat What was the old saying back in the day, if you if you were a kid of the nineties and eighties, what did every dad jokingly say, what do you got to do with your daughter? Keep her off the pole dingo? That was the whole joke, like, you know, you know, you gotta be a good dad, keep her off the poll meaning you know, what your daughter would be a strip I know the new one, am I right on target? Is keep the cheeks off the Graham. No, that's only listening in mar cheeks. If my daughter grows up and ends up posting bikini pictures on Instagram, I'm fine with that because there's way different things. Yeah, that's that's tame. Bikini pictures is normal standard for kids when they get older. It is because I just saw a stat and when you do the math, follow this line of thinking. There are roughly eleven million young women between the ages of eighteen and twenty five in the United States, right, eleven million women eighteen to twenty five. Keep that number in your I'm gonna pull some math on you know, eighteen to twenty five. One point two million women in that demo are creators on OnlyFans, which means if you have a son who is a young college kid, there's a one in ten chance his girlfriend's on OnlyFans. Wow, the math is simple. If there's eleven point whatever, I think it was like eleven point eight million women between the ages of eighteen and twenty five, and there's by the way, are there only women on only fans? No? This dude's too. I think there was one hundred thousand thrusting. I don't know do they do magic tricks or anything anything other than like smutty behavior. There's only fans simply smutty content. They'll they'll tell you it's other stuff, but let's yeah, it's like people back in the day, Like remember there was big in the eighties. I was like, oh, I read Playboy for the articles like no, I mean because it was there's.
Speaker 4: Like lifestyle and other people using the platf form for a different way that's just not publicized.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: Men.
Speaker 2: I never heard of anyone like, yeah, man, this guy he has a great magic act. He's not only fans. No, saying you go, you're on only fans for like fashion is like saying I get Playboy for the article. I've never heard of or seen anyone. So just the stat that, by simply doing the math, one out of ten women in your younger demo eighteen to twenty five. So have you got a son or a nephew or someone that's a college kid, he has a ten chance of meeting a girl who's like, by the way, is it okay that I'm on OAF. So much's crazy. So we're living in a world everyone likes to show everything, all right. Third stat, not so much of stat, Dwayne Stats. I got one more fun one for you. Let's here. It's step Boy. One of the greatest shows of our childhood, debuted on this day thirty five years ago, on this day in nineteen ninety And my hint is this. It was responsible for the birth of so many great comedic careers on this day, thirty five years ago, and a huge international global musician also made her debut on the show.
Speaker 4: In Living color you can't do what you want it and you're talking to j Lo.
Speaker 2: In Living Color, she was a fly girl in Living Color, debuted on this day in nineteen ninety. So to think if you remember watching that with your parents and being like, is it okay if I watch because you're a little kid thirty five years ago, get the hell out of here. So politically incorrect, but it was so funny, such a great show. The Waynes Brothers, Jim Carrey.
Speaker 3: Jim Carrey was so good.
Speaker 2: Jane Ivory and Damon and all the Waynes and you know Wayns on the way On's So that show being thirty five years ago is one of those, like, yo, I don't want to believe that. I I hate the conversations. We're good, we're getting older, but that to me thirty five years ago. No, clip, I used to like Fire Marshall, Bill, No, no, I love all those, but the Head Detective. I love the Head Detective. That was great nos on film. Yeah. No, when Jim Carrey was Vanilla Ice, that's so good. I stop, well, I do my laces. I do not know another one of your favorites. Yeah, you always joke about Jim Carrey doing Carsenia Carson. That was That's day of car Carcinia.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Some classics, though, man. I I used to love and Living Color for sure, and old school SNL thirty years ago. Thirty years ago, No, thirty five, thirty five years ago. Well there you go. Some interesting stats. When you were collecting your Ken Griffy Junior Rookie cards and your Frank Thomas's in eighty nine ninety, that's when we we were just getting to know the likes of Jim Carrey and the Waynes brothers and that whole crew. So amazing, pretty cream a legend. All right, Now we gotta talk Rory McElroy. Ay, try ready, Rory mc rory, McElroy. We gotta talk about him, and it involves vacation and conversations you can and can't have, So we'll do that next. A little more NFL and of course NBA playing starts today. So NFL, NBA and a little Rory next right here, Covino on Rich and for the Great Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern, six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Wapp It's the show Gram program, the world famous Cavino and Rich. I made that up? You like that? Yeah, there's a ring to it. The world famous CNR in for Dan Patrick Live from Mercedes Benz Studios. I'm Steve and Lomi Maswappo. Covino, No one has called you that except your mom, the host, the host that cries bloody tears. Dude, I started crying blood Yeah, what's up with that stigmad esteem over here? That I think I had a religious experience man the Mexican News yesterday. If you go to our Instagram, Cavino had like a sun spot near his eye and he went to the dermatologist to the like laser off the little sunspot. I've had it forever, by the way, so it wasn't some weird decision. I'm like, I'm so sick of this and for whatever reason, like I think the like the scab fell off, but I started bleeding under my eye, and I think all the religious people are like, oh my god, it's happening Stigma Steve. Yeah, it was wild.
Speaker 4: It was weird because our video producer, Spot started praying to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I know, it's the weirdest thing. I think I'm a saint now or something, but I think that's how it works. Yeah. So if you want to see the video, it happened on our Patreon show. We have a Patreon too. Monday through Thursday. Just search Covino and Rich. Search Covino and Rich on social media. If you can see our clips. You can see this video. You want to hear me unhinged if you want to see and hear Rich out of Control. Yeah, that's on our Patreon now. We are on Monday through Friday here on Fox Sports Radio. Ye yeah, five to seven on the East, two to four on the West. But always a pleasure to be here in for DP now Rich, you're having trouble saying it. But Rory McElroy, Rory McElroy, he's a master. Now he's got a mean jacket. Well it's uh, show enough, Rory McElroy and should mcgavn man at arms. Yeah, Masters of the Universe, Masters, he has his green jacket. He's the man, and everybody's talking about him. He won four point two million dollars. We talked about it yesterday, but Bryson Deshambeau was asked, well, what did you guys talk about? He's like na man, he wouldn't talk to me. He yeah, the final day, all day, what were you guys talking about? He was in his zone. It's kind of like the way I took it. Look, I'm not a big golf guy yet, but I looked at it like, well, you don't mess with the guy who's got a no hitter going expect it. It's not necessarily like you're a jerk face. And and the sense was, Rory's the guy. Rory's the type of guy that it's like almost about time, right, It's been so long for him. It's like, uh, I saw someone referencing like when the star player finally gets over that hump. Like remember when Steve Young finally got out of the shadow of Montana, when I was like, when is he finally gonna win one? That's how everyone felt about Rory. He was focused, and it was almost a sense of don't blow he's gonna blow it. I'm like, I think he is gonna blow it, and then he wins. But that last day he just didn't want to chit chat. And you could compare to a few things. You ever get an uber from the airport to your house and you have to make that decision right away, like yeah, am I gonna chit chat with the uber driver? Or am I gonna throw on my air pods and be like yeah, with all respect, Like I just don't feel like interacting right now. Is it rude to even say.
Speaker 3: That no five star rating because you didn't speak to me.
Speaker 2: It's it's how you say it, That's really what it is. It was funny. There's there's a dude I follow on social media. I think he has daughters that love posting funny clips about him. He's just like a funny dad and his daughter's capitalize on it and he gets like millions of views. And he was talking to his wife about vacation and is it rude or not to say this while on vacation. Take a listen. Someone has to tell me if this is rude when you're on vacation. I'm sure it is. Your mother on vacation wants to talk to everybody. He gives out the vibe. Talk to me and tell me your entire life story. All I want to do is be left alone. Is it rude to saying to a person, excuse me, but while on vacation, I don't wish to be social. I'm so rude. Comment in your comment. I love this guy because it's it is interesting. He's telling his wife loves to talk to everybody on vacation. He just wants to be left alone and enjoy zoning out, having a drink and not having to talk to anybody. That's the vacation for him, peace, peace and quiet. Is it rude to tell somebody that when they want to come up and talk to you about nonsense? Well, even if you say it politely, the question is is it still rude? This guy's a great example. He said, Can I on vacation tell another couple or another person because a lot of times you'll be having a cocktail at to swim Up bar, You'll be walking around the resort and people want to chitchat with you and depending on your mood. He's saying, is it okay to say, yeah, well, I'm on vacation. I kindly don't want to be social. I mean, there's a lot of people we work with that try to talk to us at the wrong times, and I kindly tell them like, I'm in the zone, man. Or I'll even come afterward and be like, yeah, man, sorry, I was in my zone before. Like Michael runs this place. It happens all the time. You know what, We'll take your feedback. Next. Is it okay to pull a Rory more CNR and for DP Next