Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It's our two.
Speaker 2: On this Tuesday, Dan and the dan Ets Dan Patrick Show come on in stay a while. Gang Saw here including Fritzie, say good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, how do we look? I got my Crappensburg State hoodie on right now fly in the colors. This hoodie can be yours as well if you go to Danpatrick dot Com. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. I was just telling the dan Etes Squid Game was incredible when that first came out. If you saw that, a South Korean made game show where people actually got killed trying to go for a monetary prize boiler. Yeah, so season two I'm thinking, Okay, how do you top that? Because all you need to do is see the first five minutes of the original where they play red Light Green Light, and then you realize this is something we've ever seen before. Well, season two is a reality show where they have four hundred and fifty six contestants. They went to England and they set up everything the way it was in the original, but nobody gets killed. Now, it's hard to say when you're watching a show, isn't any good? Well, nobody gets killed based off what we saw in the original. Now, if you did this initially and then you did the other one, then you would have had an encore performance. This one. You're kind of waiting and I've tried. I'm about thirty minutes into the first episode and maybe one of our listeners or viewers can tell me that it's worth staying along for the ride. But you know that first one, man, it was must see. This one, I'm trying to see. I'm trying to stay with it there and they go through all the you know, same kind of games events, but even on red light green Light, when you get shot, it's just ink. So they do shoot you, but then you just fall down and then you're eliminated. And so they eliminated a couple of hundred people to start with, and they're going for four and a half million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, it's kind of funny that the disappointment is nobody's really being shot.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, but that's based off of what we saw in the original.
Speaker 4: Right, the original is just so crazy.
Speaker 2: But if you did it'd be like Survivor where you truly had to survive.
Speaker 5: They just push him out on a raft out of the ocean at the end.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jeff Propes isn't there. Yeah he might a million dollars. Jeff Propes might not make it, you know, no food, get five million dollars and people actually die. Well that's what squid game was. Is it squid game or squid games? But it's squid game game singular. Okay. But if you would have had the reality show this gone first, then you'd be like, all right, that's interesting old games being played here, and then you did the original but did it second, be like, oh my god boy, what a twist on squid game.
Speaker 5: Yes, I didn't see a season on a squid game, but I remember you guys didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: It was too hot and popular.
Speaker 2: Just watched the first fifteen minutes. Okay, that's and if you don't want to watch anymore.
Speaker 5: Just a clarify. It's not a reality show. It's based out a it's a concept of real.
Speaker 2: Yes that that that's not real. Is it good or just shocking? It's both?
Speaker 5: Okay, So it's a good show as well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's all kinds of deception and games being played within the game, and you know, people trying to have partnerships. I wish to watch the Alliances.
Speaker 5: I wish. I watched it last night around you Cam Eastern, so the three hours I spent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's a great that was a great show. I don't right, it's been a few years now since I watched it, but I remember being late.
Speaker 2: I went back and watched the first episode a couple of weeks ago, and I'm like, an, I'm Jones and for something. Let me go back and red light green light Soon when as that happens and You're like, all right, let me see this seems like whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 4: There was definitely a moment for me watching that first episode where I was just like, I don't see what the whoa?
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, Paulie just watched the first episode and Todd, I know you didn't see it. I did not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I heard all about it but did not tune in.
Speaker 2: Marvin, did you see squid Game? I did not.
Speaker 5: Okay, if it was a squid game Daytona Beach fortuit a song, squid Game's Gone wild something, Yeah, squid Game's gone wild.
Speaker 2: That's your homework assignment. Fifteen minutes. You can. All you need to do is watch fifteen minutes. If you don't watch after fifteen, no judgment here, because you might not want to watch it because you're like, oh boy, this is too much for me.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm hearing from some people that it's not worth going further into season two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just that.
Speaker 4: Really, season two though, it's it's it's it's squid Game the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yeah, yeah, I here's another thing, squid lame. You have all of these people who are involved in this reality show. They have the same setup as the original Squid Game, but nobody says, oh my gosh, I remember this in the you know, the original show that I watched. They go into this room where all their beds are and they're like, oh my god, look at this. Well we saw this. I knew what it looked like. How can they not go oh I remember seeing this in the original or that game or Red Light Green Light, Oh, I remember seeing this. And nobody said that, at least during the first twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: Yes, see, there is a Squid Game season two in production. I don't know that there's a release date just yet. But there's and then there's squid Game, the reality show that you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tried. I was looking forward to it. It's just, hey, what happens. You get eliminated? Who cares? In the original, you truly got eliminated forever. But then they drop the money in this big ball that comes down. It's like a ballroom ball that comes down, and they just keep throwing in all this money and then they tell you what the total is on it. Yeah, points, so tonight I get the wife, the two kids gather on the No, no, no, no, okay, no, just do you do it. You don't want the you don't want the wife and kids around that first fifteen minutes pretty good, pretty good TV. I'm just gonna say, red Light, green Light, that's good. Never going to be the same, yes, don is it more.
Speaker 5: Eerie creepy or graphic or both?
Speaker 2: Oh it's definitely graphic. Yeah yeah, yeah, give it a watch, give it a spin. Fifteen minutes. I know you won't do it, Todd, but well, I.
Speaker 5: Like the spooky horror as opposed to oh there goes a leg going flying across the room.
Speaker 2: Not exactly that.
Speaker 7: So it's not like thriller.
Speaker 2: They're not cutting people's legs off or anything like that. Just get eliminated in a variety of ways. But uh, there's some pretty you know, the back story, and it's it's interesting. It's interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Point Todd likes horror movies because there's a ninety percent chance that a hot girl in tent. Absolutely it's gonna go into the garage to see what the noises are, and he knows that scenes upcoming.
Speaker 2: It's like that commercial.
Speaker 5: They always make that mistake.
Speaker 6: They go hide in the garage with the guy with a.
Speaker 2: Chance he's just get in the car. It's so good, just going the running car. I love that. Is that Geico?
Speaker 5: I think it's Geico.
Speaker 2: It's you know, we watch commercials sometimes and you go, oh, what are they selling?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know. There are times when I go, I don't, I don't know what they're selling. But it's a good commercial. It's head to the cemetery, good idea. Its so good. And then you've got the guy there with all the chainsaws that are hanging, yeah, taking his head and just upon.
Speaker 6: In front of me.
Speaker 2: All Right, we did our best to hold off talking about last night's game. But I must stick to sports as I'm told to occasionally. The Bears to win last night, yay. I don't know if they wanted to win last night, but the Vikings certainly didn't want to win the way they play. But they're still in the mix, at least this year. The Bears are not. And I think the Bears are going to be interesting in April when they decide what they're going to do at the quarterbacking position. And we just had Chase Daniel on backup career, backup quarterback fourteen years in the NFL, and he said, I'd stay with Justin Fields. I'd hate to be the GM who passed on Caleb Williams or Drake may or other I guess for that matter, we'll talk some college football. You know, Deon Sanders is losing recruits now. This is There's a couple of reasons why I think this is happening. Because in September, there was no other program that was hotter than Colorado. Everybody wanted a piece of Dion the Buffalo's you know college game Day, Fox, you know noon kickoff, everybody, celebrities are there. I don't know where everybody is now, Like if I'm Dion. I say to my celebrity friends, Now's when I need you. Now's when I want you to come out and support. But his son, you know, Shador has a fracture in his back. I think what happened is you probably got some kids who were verbally committing to Colorado in September. Now all of a sudden, they're looking and going that team isn't any good, which is what was stated on this show back in September, that they were entertaining, they weren't good and they didn't have depth. And that's exactly how this played out. But everybody got caught up in oh my god, they're gonna be a top twenty five, they can challenge maybe for you know, conference championship. Hey how about Dion to the Cowboys? Well, because of those things where they cooled off considerably, Dion has been mentioned by his friends on these talk shows that he could Hey why didn't he get texas A? And m Hey what about the Cowboy? Well, if you're a recruit or parents of a recruit, is he even going to be there? So all of this positive publicity that he got is turning into a negative because his friends on these talk shows, keep saying, Hey, why aren't he up for Texas A and M. Hey what about the Cowboys? Okay, well that's going to hurt recruiting. Also, nil Colorado doesn't have nil money like these other schools, these collectives. And Dion has said, we're not an ATM, don't come here to get rich. Well, if I'm a kid, Dan, you're rich, your kids got they're rich. Your son's driving a Mayback like you know, he's flossing with a watch. That's why we're coming there. We get to play for you. We get to make money. This is great, get to be on TV college game Day, be on an app lack commercial. I mean, this is awesome until it's not. Now this is reality. Reality is set in. I don't hear any of the you know, Stephen A. Smith or nobody's going out to Colorado. Now's when Dion needs you. Although there season's over now, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 7: And also Colorado isn't a traditional powerhouse. Say if LSU was down and they were four or nine, there's still LSU, so they're still in sec So Colorado, you've am I really going to go to Boulder?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well this is hurting Dion and Dion did say this in fairness, he said, if you're gonna get us, get us this year, because after that, you know, he's running a business there. He's the first coach who's openly saying we're running a business here. But he does act like the get off my lawn old school coach. Sometimes it is about nil, it is about collectives, it is about being a star, It is about going to Colorado, being a part of all of this. Well, in September it was great. Hey they beat TCU or TCU's not good, but at the time they were twenty one point underdogs. Nebraska not good. Colorado State? What Colorado State end up this year? Now, you know, great rivalry, great game, but these aren't. These aren't you know, big time opponents. You know, they made USC competitive, but other than that, there was just sort of a all right, and then all of a sudden reality set in. Yeah, Paul, it is.
Speaker 5: Funny though Dian took over a team that was one and eleven, and if they had quietly gone to four and eight this year, you know, let's say they won a game and they lost too, and they won a game and lost too, but oh solid, yeah, improvement, very little coverage. It probably wouldn't have done much for recruiting, though it would have been I'm not sure which is better. You know, that was the September of Colorado worth the next three months, which has more of an impact long term. I'm not sure what the answer is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Andy Staples, college football writer, will join us coming up. I'll ask him that question. I think that's a fair question to ask. But I don't have Dion has been on our show many many times. I enjoy, you know, his company. It's a great interview, but I don't I don't have any you know, people say, oh, yeah, now you were waiting for Colorado. I know I wasn't.
Speaker 9: Like.
Speaker 2: All I want is content. If Colorado continue to win, great, If they don't, that's still content. I mean, Colorado State is five and seven this year. What did TCU end up? Like? They didn't beat anybody? Did they have a couple of players that you know, we really cared about, Yes, and they were interesting? Yes, Then reality set in and now nobody cares. Nobody cared the last month of the season. Yes, don you see you also five and seven? Yeah, these aren't good teams. Although last year they were in the Fiesta bal but this year they weren't a good team. Yes, ma'am. September feels like two years ago.
Speaker 7: We all stayed up until two thirty in the morning to watch Colorado Rascos State State.
Speaker 2: Right, that is unbelievable. Yeah, I still remember.
Speaker 7: My come down up, babe, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm watching Colorado Colorado football? Who plays for them? Denny in Michigan, Hey, Denny, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 3: Well, a long time, first time sixty six inches of soft one seventy seven right oft. I seen a documentary on Wody Hayes. He said Ohio State hired him in nineteen fifty for somebody that was fired in the forties. I don't know. Maybe Polyester could look that up. I'm not sure, but if it's true, every head coach at Ohio State except for Urban Myers has been fired since the forties, and many think that he snuck out.
Speaker 2: The back door. Okay, all right, well, thank you, Denny. Uh Well, Urban had the opportunity and took the Jacksonville job. I don't I don't remember seeing anything where Urban's job was in jeopardy. Yes, Bony, Almost.
Speaker 5: Every college football coach his career ends in a firing or a agree to leave. Once in a while you have a coach that ends his career there and ends up going to the athletic director's office and you know emeritus. But mostly almost everyone gets fired. It's sports pretty much.
Speaker 2: I don't think you take a job or go into that profession thinking I'll never get fired.
Speaker 5: An incident, a bad season.
Speaker 2: I mean, Mike Skruyshevski, if he coached now, would have been fired after his first three years. I think what he did in those first three years, they weren't any good. John Wooden might have gotten fired at UCLA when he first started out. I don't think that they were very good either, but you know they certain you know, we're not patient. Just look at David Tepper, who's going to have his press conference coming up here in about fifteen minutes, the Carolina Panthers owner. He might fire somebody during the press conference. Yes, Paul, I was thinking about David Tepper. His era with David Tepper in Carolina remind me of twenty years ago when Daniel Snyder took over the then Washington Redskins. And remember he was just very jumpy signing free agents overspending uh, you know, there's Jim Zorn, and then there's Schottenheimer for a year, and then there's let's bring back Gibbs. And it was very jumpy and there was a very little commitment. Final Asper taken over as the worst owner in the NFL from Daniel Snyder Temper.
Speaker 5: To be fair to him, I don't know of any off field issues.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just talking about ownership, just regular football stuff.
Speaker 5: Being detrimental to his own team. Yeah, he took a team that was seven to ten in a game away from the playoffs to the worst team in the league.
Speaker 4: Well, this is pretty fast, by the way, to jump right up to worst owners in the league.
Speaker 2: That's impressive. That is he's fired a lot of people.
Speaker 4: You have to be a special brand of person. Yeah, to rise that quickly. We did ask for David Tepper just everybody. Yeah, we're not we're not getting him.
Speaker 2: But it heard that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he's going to pass or he's just not available.
Speaker 2: That's usly what we get.
Speaker 5: That's the thing about being a billionaire. You're always available. You've got four phones, you got jets with phones. He is available, Yeah, I know he is. Yeah, he chooses not to be a.
Speaker 4: Very yes, that's just preferred not to he doesn't like you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, if that's fine, I would that would be great, that's fine. I'd be a T.
Speaker 6: Shirt with a two point five seconds that email people.
Speaker 5: Tell me they don't like me all the time would be refreshing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell Paul something he hasn't heard. Yeah, all right, we'll talk to Andy Staples, our good buddy. Well hear from Bill Belichick. He talked about the rumors about knowing where he's going to go his next destination. Dan Orlovsky was kind of backed into a corner on mcafeel what a week ago? Two weeks ago like after McAfee said, wait, you know where he's going to Land Chargers and uh so Bill Belichick responds to that, let me take a break. More phone calls come up as well. We're back after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 10: Dynasty, What's Good, Jolli shamin Man, Michael Smith, esteemed NFL analyst and certified Fantasy football legend. Allow me to present to you.
Speaker 11: Your new favorite fantasy football podcast, The Dynasty Exchange, hosted by my first round rookie picks, Davis, Dylan and Josh, three guys who most definitely know their stuff. They're the co commissioners of the coolest and most cutthroat Dynasty league you'll ever come across the Yacht Club, and now they're the co hosts of the most elite Now make that the definitive dynasty program in the game. It's dedicated to only the most devoted of diehards, the guys like me who can't stay sleeper in KTC, and trust me, you won't regret making the choice to follow their dynasty advice.
Speaker 10: Listen to Michael Smith presents The.
Speaker 11: Dynasty Exchange on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: Was what was that?
Speaker 2: I think it was a burp.
Speaker 5: I think that's the first of your career.
Speaker 2: I think it was. I think I think it was a burp. Is what happened?
Speaker 5: Anyway? You're usually pretty good at the quick pause side, yes, from what I've noticed.
Speaker 2: Or or I just turn off my microphone so the professionals do. How about you do it? And so I have this running nose and sore throat, and that's not an excuse. But I've been concentrating on that, and then here I go, I just let one buy the goalie. It's fine, let's all do it, all right, go ahead, anybody want to make a sound, all right, thank you? Anybody else?
Speaker 5: I don't know if don cue?
Speaker 2: I guess so, okay, we're good, but.
Speaker 5: We're greenlit, like if you get one hall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd rather not.
Speaker 4: Actually, people are taking liberties of that hall pass unknowingly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Todd does.
Speaker 6: What's But.
Speaker 2: How many times the day do we hear that? When Todd gives you that guttural cough? And I always say no, don't because then I always know something a surgery is gonna happen, or you're going to miss a day or two.
Speaker 4: Yes see, well what happens the precursor is in the morning meeting when we're getting ready to tape. Because I sit next to Todd. What I hear is him keeping that in when he's not just letting it fly, because we're all sitting next to each other. So what you hear is sitting next to me.
Speaker 2: I'll here like.
Speaker 5: I feel a cop coming and I don't have like a halls or something.
Speaker 6: I don't want to you just hear like.
Speaker 2: Swallowing the cough. Okay, But that's why we have the partition between.
Speaker 6: The glass partition where we do the morning meeting.
Speaker 5: But then Seaton after that, Todd will sometimes excluse that's.
Speaker 6: It, hold it into like a real nasty one.
Speaker 2: Let me get to Andy Staples. He covers college football for at on three Sports. He was at the Ohio State Michigan game on Saturday, and he'll be at the SEC Championship with Alabama and Georgia. Sorry to put you through that, Andy, who had a worst month? Jim Harbaugh or Ryan Day?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Ryan Day, no question, because Jim Harbaugh not being on the sideline Saturday made losing even worse for Ryan Day because you already you're already oh and two in your last two against Michigan. Now you're oh in three, and you've also lost to the interim coach, who, by the way, if something happens with Jim Harbaugh down the road, Sharon Moore is probably the coach. So that's the guy you're probably dealing with going forward. And Ryan Day has got to get it figured out. I was there in twenty nineteen when Jim Harbaugh was on lost number five in rote oh Ohio State and he's at being asked all these questions and he can't answer him. Ryan They was in the same position on Saturday. Was eerie, same stadium, same lack of answers.
Speaker 2: Okay, if I said in the next three years, who is more likely to still be at their school, Ryan Day or Jim Harball.
Speaker 6: Oh, Ryan Day, No question, that's an easy one. Because Jim Harbaugh has tried to go to the NFL the last two years. Clearly there's still an itch there. And look, he was really good in the NFL. He got to a Super Bowl. He'd went to three NFC championship games, so I would imagine that he still would like to try to win that Super Bowl. Also, there is the matter of two NCUBA investigations where the punishment hasn't been handed down by the NCAA yet, So we don't know what's going to happen with that.
Speaker 2: Ryan Day.
Speaker 6: He's got time to work this out now. If he gets tired of everybody yelling at him because he wins all the other games except Michigan, he could go somewhere else. But I do feel like and from talking to people around Ryan Day, he wants to work this out. He wants to make this work. And I gotta be honestan when that twelve team playoff starts next year, Ohio State is perfectly built for that because they're the type of team that's going to get in every year and if they get hot, they'll win the national championship. So Ryan Day's actually still in a really good position. Just got to figure out Michigan.
Speaker 2: But can he survive next year at home losing to Michigan.
Speaker 6: Maybe not? Maybe not? That is that is the thing. Because John Cooper went two ten and one against Michigan, there was no social media. Only nerds knew what the internet was like. This is a completely different environment. I think if oh to four might be enough to push them over the edge. And Ryan Day understands that because he makes it very clear that game is more important than everything else. Everybody knows that. And yeah, he's got to get that figured out. But if you ask me the same question, even if he lost that game, the Jim Harbor Ryan Day question, I still say Ryan Day is more.
Speaker 2: Likely to do help me understand what's going on at Colorado with Dion Sanders and his recruits.
Speaker 6: So these had a couple decommits of late. He came out and said they're not gonna be an ATM, which was the wrong thing to say. Dion. You know, he has this platform that he can offer, which should lead to good NIL money as well, because there's nobody else who can make people watch the team play like Dion Sanders can. But when you say we're not gonna be the ATM, that is coach speak for our collective has no money. We're broke. And he went on his radio show clarified saying, oh, we got it. You need to help our NIL. Yeah, you're gonna have to do that because they need offensive defensive linemen. Those people are the most expensive players in the transfer portal. They're the most expensive players coming out of high schooler than quarterbacks. Like I always laugh because before NIL started, I get these questions from readers and they say, well, what's going to happen when the quarterback makes all the money and the left tackles not making him. I'm like, dude, the left tackle is going to make a ton of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It will evolve to be just like the NFL salary scale, and it has in just two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's interesting. I remember when somebody was talking about that. You know, George is getting all of these defensive linemen and Texas A and M was spending a lot of money on defensive linemen. And I said, yep, yes, that's how you build a team. You build it from the inside. You're going to get a quarterback, but if you have a great offensive and defensive line, you're set. You're good to go. And I understand that these guys go for pretty penny right now. I was just surprised that Dion sounds so modern, but then he sounded so old school when he said we're not going to be an ATM.
Speaker 6: I said on my show last week, Dan, I was like, when did Dabo Sweeney land in a boulder? Like it's because like Dabo is old school, he's stubborn. He's not been willing to adjust the things, and you've seen a drop in performance in Clemson. Dion doesn't need to be acting like Dabbo. He just started doing this. He needs to adapt to the world as it is now. It's not going to ever go back to what it was. In fact, it's going to go the other way where the coaches are going to make less. The schools will be paying the players directly. That's gonna happen in a few years. The court system's going to force them into that. But right now they have this weird backward ass system where you can give Tom Allen a fifteen million dollar buy which, by the way, he was nice enough to negotiate down from twenty So Indiana was willing to pay twenty million dollars to fire Tom Allen. Well, why would you just use that to buy better players? Like, It's a stupid system, But that's where we're at right now. It's this sort of the middle ground between what was before and what will be.
Speaker 2: It's a transfer portal season. What should we be keeping an eye on?
Speaker 6: Keep an eye on those offensive and defensive lineman because they're really hard to find and they're starting to realize their value. There's a new Mexico offensive lineman named jac Davis who entered the portal today and everybody's like, who, Well, he was maybe the best offensive lineman in the Mountain West, So guess what, everybody on Earth's gonna want this guy. So if you haven't earn like last year, there's a guy named Johnny Cornelius who played at Rhode Island, and when he entered the portal, his phone just melted and he wanted He's the starting right tackle at Oregon. He'll be playing for Oregon in a Pack twelve championship game on Friday. Now, So that that's what every We're all gonna look at the quarterbacks. Everybody's gonna look at the shiny thing. Look over here, look over here. Most of the quarterbacks in the portal. We assume it's gonna be like Kayle Williams, Kyler Murray. Most of the quarterbacks in the portal are in the portal because they were not going to start at their old school. Some of them might be trying to move up to a different level of competition or make some more money, but most of them are in there because they were not gonna start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you look at Michael Pennix junior, You look at Jayden Daniels, you look at bow Knicks. Those the guys are all transferred, and they're all mentioned in the Heisman race.
Speaker 6: Exactly, but they were all having issues at their old schools. Michael Pennix was was injuries and everything. Bo Nix was, you know, on the outs with Brian Harson. So yeah, if you see an extenuating circumstance, then that's the quarterback you probably want. Because it's probably not about the way they play. But watch these offensive and defensive linemen coming from the FCS, coming from the Group of five, because what they've realized is they are a very valuable commodity now and there's gonna be a lot of schools after him.
Speaker 2: I felt bad with the you know, the state of the PAC twelve. It was a great year for them, and it's a shame that they can't build off of this. What is the future of the PAC twelve.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's not gonna be the PAC twelve as we know it. The name remains with Oregon State and Washington State, and I love what they've done legally to try to make sure that the ten to partying schools don't just take all the money, like I think Oregon State and Wasathing States should get all the money that's sitting there because they're the ones who got left behind. But what we're gonna see ultimately is basically a quasi merger between those two and the Mountain West. I would call it the Pack whatever whatever number it is because the branding's better. But it'll it'll basically be the Mountain West.
Speaker 2: Good to see as always have fun. Alabama and Georgia. Oh can't wait. What if Obama wins, does Georgia stay in the top four.
Speaker 6: That's the big question, Dan, because Alabama is the ultimate agent of chaos. Remember, Texas has a head to head win in Tuscaloosa. So if Texas wins the Big twelve, Alabama beats Georgia, that's gonna pull because remember Texas might get left out even if they win, so that may pull Texas up. And I'm telling you nobody with the PAC twelve teams Florida State, nobody wants to be judged against a twelve and one Georgia because Vegas would favor a twelve and one Georgia against everybody and the committee members. If you gave them truth serum with a twelve and one Georgia, you say, would they beat these teams? They go yeah, probably, So you don't want to deal with that. Like everybody else wants Georgia to win. Alabama is the ultimate agent of chaos. Thank you, Andy, good to talk to you as always. Thanks Dan.
Speaker 2: Andy Staples covers College football for at on three sports always makes us smarter there. Yet, you know, nobody gets caught up in the transfer portal when it's an offensive or defensive lineman. They don't. All of a sudden, you're going, wait, what about any running backs or a quarterback or a wide receiver. Miami's losing their quarterback. What is that, Tyler van Dijk.
Speaker 5: Yes, that sounds like a CW quarterback.
Speaker 2: Made for TV quarterback. Yeah, so he's leaving the U.
Speaker 5: Do you think a guy like him he's the starting quarterback in Miami. I think he's going to be the starting quarterback in Miami next year, already has a team agreed upon. When you enter the portal, Ohio, stay somewhere like Bigger.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think you would leave it to chance like I'm transferring. It's like when you're ready to leave a job, don't go. I don't have a job. Why are you leaving? No, you leave when you you know, the best time to look for a job is when you have a job. A couple of phone calls in here Mark and Sacramento. Hey Mark, what's on your mind today? Good morning, Dann morning.
Speaker 12: I was just kind of thinking about Tom Brady and his comments, and I thought when I was watching the Michigan Ohio State came that they kind of had an epiphany.
Speaker 13: Where are the flags? There was only four flags during that entire game, and I kept watching play after play like that should be a flag. That should be a flag. I'm just wondering, is the NFL making me this way? I mean, why am I expecting the flags?
Speaker 2: Well, I think there's been you know, proliferation of flags, and it felt like every year there's a new initiative. Oh, they're really they're going to crack down on pass interferes. Oh, they're going to crack down on holding, They're going to crack down on past you know, rough in the past. Every year it starts that way and then it sort of settles down a little bit. And maybe that happened with college football as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's definitely a hot take to be like, I want more penalties in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Where's all the flags? Well, they missed one on the Bills game with the horse collar tackle on Josh Allen. I mean that was that was obvious.
Speaker 5: Yes, but you could see and no one will ever talk about this. Let's say the refs in the Ohio State Michigan game. Before the game said let's get together, let's make sure the calls are egregious. Let's keep them in the pocket until we need to throw them, and will not be the story of this game. I can see the refs getting together and having a conversation say like, if we throw less, everyone's happy. Fewer flags, everyone's happy, and we won't be the story until you.
Speaker 2: Get jobbed because a flag wasn't thrown or was thrown, right.
Speaker 5: But it would be fair to both teams that the ref said, you know, let's let's if that's a light holding, let's keep in the pocket, because then at the end of the game, when you swallow your flag, which is what people want you to do at the end of the game, you could say that was We've been doing that the whole game.
Speaker 2: Tom in North Carolina, Tom, what do you have for me? Bundb Hey.
Speaker 14: But yeah, over the weekend I got a question about Mike McCarthy. But over the weekend I was with a Cowboys fan. There's nothing more annoying than a regular season Cowboys fan.
Speaker 2: So well, you don't have to worry about them in the postseason.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 14: So when I was watching the show yesterday. Heck, I kind of noticed the same traits in Fritzy that I did my friend over the weekend. So did Fritzie go from talented and fragile the smug and annoying?
Speaker 2: Wow, Tom taking a shot at you, Fritzy a little bit. I don't think you're smug. I don't think I don't think you're be highly annoying at times. Yeah, no, no, no, you're not.
Speaker 6: That's all right.
Speaker 5: No one has their opinion.
Speaker 2: It does bother you, though, what the world to love? I know that's there's nothing wrong with It's unfortunate that.
Speaker 5: I feel that way. And if I fight out someone doesn't like me for whatever reason, fair or not, that bothers me.
Speaker 2: I think you're the most loved dan At, you might also be the most dislikeed. Oh yeah, I'll tell you. In the best and worst than the most. That's why when somebody goes, how can Fritzy be the best and worst? I said, just listen to the show comes evident farely quickly. You're consistent. Yeah, you're consistently inconsistent. All right, let me take a break. When we come back, we'll hear from Bill Belichick talking about his coaching future, more of your phone calls, and we have a new bowl that we're really excited to watch, but only at the end of the game we'll explain.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Bull Season in a couple of weeks. Do we have an exact date when the first Bowl game is going to be played, because we do have a new bowl that we're really excited about, but I'm only excited about the end of the game. It's the Pop Tart Bowl, and the mascot is a pop Tart, and I guess the winning team will eat the pop Tart.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Dan, First of all, Saturday, December sixteenth, the Myrtle Beach Bowl, which is going to be played in Myrtle Beach. Some of these bowls aren't played where the town is named. And then there's also the Cricket Celebration Bowl on the same day, well two for okay, but the Pop Tart Bowl. The inaugural Pop Tart Bowl is on ESPN December twenty eighth. I got it at a five to forty five pm Eastern Okay, And you know everyone loves pop tarts. But the thing is, according to a press release, they're going to have an edible mascot at the end of the game, the winning team is going to have a belly full of pop tarts. We don't have any details.
Speaker 2: Is the mascot Does the pop tart know that he's going to be eaten? I just it's going to be weird though if he's out there going, hey, what a great guy.
Speaker 5: Ow the attack? It's good TV though. So yeah, we're we got a lot of questions. Will be a huge pop tart being walked around and people get a bite, will be a person wearing a pop Tarts.
Speaker 2: Ste somebody in the pop tart, That's what I want to know.
Speaker 5: We send a note to poptarts dot com believe or not, because we don't know who else to call. Yeah, and we have a list of questions and they are perusing as we speak.
Speaker 2: By the way, Joe Burrow risk surgery and it was successful. Yeah, goodness. You never hear when it's not successful. And I might have had one or two that wasn't successful, but nobody was waiting for the results of you know, my knee surgery successful. Yeah, that's what they told me. What doctor is going to go? God, did I screw that? Wait? Your left knee? Oh my bad? That was that. I still remember that first time when they go, here's a sharpie, put an X on which knee were cutting on? And I go, oh my god. These guys don't know what they're doing. But they don't. It's my left knee. And they go, no, you have to put the X on your knee. Gave me a sharpie, put a big X on my knee, and I was like, man, And all of a sudden they're going like, okay, you're ready, countdown from ten, and I'm going I may come out of this with missing a leg. And then of course I woke up and don't put it on me?
Speaker 1: For god?
Speaker 8: What you don't kind of turn it on?
Speaker 2: No, they do that, I guess to protect themselves. I wonder what.
Speaker 5: Year that started, to put an X on your own knee so we don't do the wrong one, because the year before that must have been like the wild West in a sergic gear field.
Speaker 2: Randy and Idaho, Hi Randy, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Good morning from a nice balmy fifteen degree Idaho. Ooh, okay, I know for a season to numbers, So here's one for you, okay. In Aaron Rodgers' first eleven games as a starter, he threw for twenty five hundred and ninety nine passing yards and had twenty one total touchdowns. Jordan Love threw his first eleven games as a starter, is thrown for twenty five hundred and ninety nine passing yards and accounted for twenty one total touchdowns.
Speaker 2: That all, right, stand of the day, stand of the day, stand out, a day stand of a day. This is the start of the day. Way Yeah. I mentioned this the other day that Jordan Love is having a similar season or start to his career as Aaron Rodgers. Has maybe not the same win total there, but similar age with Aaron Rodgers. There. Let me see what else do we have? Peyton and Boca Ratone. Hey Peyton, Hey Dan Dan.
Speaker 8: That's how you guys doing that.
Speaker 2: Good, good good.
Speaker 8: So listen, you guys are very good at solving debates barbershop talks. And there's one that my buddies and I, my roommate and I we've been going back and forth. We're almost ready to kill each other over it. I'm a lifelong Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, and they don't think that Mike Evans is a Hall of Fame caliber wide receiver. And I wanted to know your guys' opinion, and if you guys think Mike Evans should eventually end up in the Hall of Fame, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I'd have to look at the numbers there. But you know, the numbers are skewed, thank you, Peyton, because it used to be if you got to a thousand yards you were going to get in. Ten thousand yards, you'd get into the Hall of Fame. That's not the case anymore. I think you know Tim Brown was, you know, they weren't sure if he was going to get in and he had ten thousand yards. Trying to think somebody else right at ten thousand and you weren't. I'd have to look at the numbers, you know, like Andre Johnson, I don't see a Hall of Famer Bolton, I don't know if he is as well. There's gonna be a logjam of receivers there, Yeah, PAULI.
Speaker 5: Mike Evans from Tampa, he's been there ten years now, about almost ten years. He might end up in the Hall of very good. He's got four Pro Bowl appearances, no All pros. He was second team All Pro his third year in the league. His third year, if like he was going, he was going, he had ninety six catches, thirteen hundred yards, twelve touchdowns. He was one of the MVP favorites going into the twenty seventeen season at the wide receiver position, and then he just and you can blame the quarterback position cooled off a little bit. And even with Tom Brady because of injuries. He had a lot of touchdowns, but his catches were like sixty seven seventy.
Speaker 2: So I don't think. I don't think he's a Hall of Famer all very good. Yeah, and now with Baker Mayfield Junior, the third there, I don't know what kind of numbers he battled injuries as well. He's a good receiver. He's a very good receiver. Dangerous receiver.
Speaker 4: Yes, How far away is he from playing himself out of haul of very good and into Hall of Fame? Oh boy, he feels because he feels like a high end Hall of very good. Then to me, he feels like maybe it's just name value that I'm still a little bit of a sucker for but he feels like a real high end player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but once the last time his name was mentioned other than here when Tom Brady was, yeah, throwing balls to him. What are his numbers this year?
Speaker 5: He's in eleven games. He's got fifty four catches and nine touchdowns. Okay, that's good, which is basically what he does every year, like about seventy five catches and thirteen tds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's going to need a few of those. How many he's got ten thousand yards, doesn't he? Yeah, he's got eleven two. Okay, how many touchdowns?
Speaker 5: Ninety? You know, a Super Bowl MVP would be perfect for a guy like that. He could sneal one of those one day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think they're gutting there in Tampa anytime soon, final hour of this program. He is coming up, and yes we will hear from Bill Belichick.