Speaker 1: Cool zone media.
Speaker 2: I don't know how else to describe this except as it's just funny that there's no I cannot honestly right now fathom any actual repercussions or lessons learned from what I'm about to talk about that has happened.
Speaker 1: I'm sure now a few weeks.
Speaker 2: Ago we are at this point because I actually timed it out this time. I can't believe I'm so prepared shout out Ian for like whipping us into shape in a cool zone. So we about a little over a week before former President Donald Trump is going in for his sentence hearing for his poty felonies, and I just wanted to take a second before this sentencing to give some predictions and to explain what had happened was. But I think it can be sewed up in a phrase that if you black, or if you love hip hop.
Speaker 1: You've heard this phrase before. Y arms are too short to box with god hood politics, y'all. So this week is a rare occasion.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about Trump being a whole feeling, like I just intro. But before we get into that, we get to talk about it's like this, and it's like this, It's actually about the same time that we fit to talk about.
Speaker 1: Oh I got it's like kids, bull. Look, it's like this.
Speaker 2: Bull looks like this, So let me get the easy stuff out first. Well it's not easy, it's just the quick stuff. Ken You're not playing around. They done already broke into they park. They like, look, we tired of this new budget planing. Y'all talking about this is ridiculous and y'all finna do this. So there is an episode on it. It could happen here. Feed about all of the Kenyan protests. I'm gonna interview when I got some homies out there, I'm gonna bring them on to the show and let him talk about it from on the ground on his perspective. But if you need to know now, you could go find that feed. It could happen here and hear about exactly what's going on down there. But listen, they not playing at all, and I stand in solidarity with them, fools. But what we hear now about is listen, Joe, it is good to see that you know that boy, you got your tail handed to you. That man whooped your ass.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: First of all, thank you for everybody who slid into the live feed we did on YouTube. I now know I need to get better streaming equipment because I literally just used what I had.
Speaker 1: I ain't live.
Speaker 2: I've done that before, but now I know I gotta get some equipment to make sure that the sound and stuff was But thank you for everybody who checked in and like kicked it with us during that.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: At some point, I am gonna do an entire episode about if Okay, if I were to have coached Joe, here's how I would have answered.
Speaker 1: Some of them questions.
Speaker 2: Listen, because what we saw was Trump, despite not speaking a single truth, not actually answering any question.
Speaker 1: He just knows that was a masterclass on riz media training.
Speaker 2: He just kept getting his bars off Biden and stumbling over his words. Can't figure out what he's trying to say. And if you was trying to save everybody from thinking you old, mission not accomplished because.
Speaker 3: Big dog.
Speaker 1: You like you gotta get your bars off, like.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me let me get let me give you an example. Let me give an example. They asked Trump about my favorite part is the black jobs, like the black jobs.
Speaker 1: They asked him about January sixth, and they asked him about the black jobs.
Speaker 2: I can't even First of all, we was like, man, what the hell is a black job?
Speaker 1: Wait? What did you mean by that? And of course black Twitter took it over and we just took it everywhere. It's the funniest thing ever. But this man over here talking about no, no, no, no no, it was that was fun.
Speaker 2: But I'm talking about the childcare tax or like like paying for childcare, Like, what are you gonna do about that? This man over here talking about firing people. He was like, Joe, you ain't never fired nobody, Like, how come you've never fired nobody?
Speaker 1: That man got fired because he wasn't doing his job, blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Right, So, if if if I were coaching Joe, here's how I would answer that. This is just I'm just dropping in on one scenario. Okay, it's real simple. You let Trump talk is two minutes, and then you go, well, here's how I would respond, Well, mister Tapper, he ain't answered the question. I don't even know what he's talking about. But since he hasn't even answered the question, he's talking about firing, So I don't even know what you're talking about. Let me answer the question and then I would back up and say, you know, it's real simple. Then I talked my trash. I'll be like, look, man, childcare costs so much much in relation to how much people are making. Because we have a problem with minimum wage. What I wouldn't want to do is rage minimum wage. Now, why minimum wage hasn't been raised, it's because corporations, they're not trying to pay their fair share, and we as middle class citizens, are paying way too much percentage of our of our income to taxes. Right, we make enough money, it's just the government's taken all of it. So you ain't got enough to take care of your kids so you could continue to go to work. So here's my thoughts. Rather than taxing y'all, I'm a tax these wealthy. The wealthy people don't need nobody right to watch their children.
Speaker 1: They can afford it. You you the one. You can't afford it.
Speaker 2: So I think y'all should be paying more taxes on this that relieves the tax burden from our middle class people and our businesses. Our small businesses are losing so much because they not getting a tax break that the big corporations is getting. So here's the thing, So we lower them taxes like that, that means that they could pay these people more. And I'm gonna make them pay these people more by hiring minimum wage. So now that I hire minimum wage and I lower your taxes, you can now afford healthcare, or now you can now afford childcare. And if you can't afford childcare, listen, that's the government. We got money because like the Homegirl's the kid Jackson told us in the last Terrorform episode is that your budget is a moral document. Your budget tells you what you value. And what I'm trying to say is I value our families. I value our children. So I'm not we got the money if you can't handle.
Speaker 1: It, like government cover the shortfall.
Speaker 2: There's no reason you should not be able to work because you have nobody to watch your kids, and you can't afford to go to work because you can't afford.
Speaker 1: To have somebody watch your kids. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Trump over there talking about talking about firing somebody. I ain't firing nobody because I hire good like you hire people based on their loyalty to you. That's not a criteria, like I don't need to be loyal to me you're supposed to be loyal to the mission, you're supposed to be loyal to the nation. But if you just hiring people because you want to make sure they loyal to you, the yeah, you have to fire a lot of people because they realize you're not worth nothing.
Speaker 1: What is he talking about?
Speaker 2: Answer the question? So can we get missus Tapper? Can we let him answer the question again? And can you make sure he answers the question because I just gave you answer his man ain't give you no answer.
Speaker 1: That's what I would have done. I mean, it seems.
Speaker 2: Anyway I can find five of those examples the January sixth joint and I'm like, hey, bro again, sir, you have not answered the question, but let me answer it for you based on all of your interviews. That's what I would say, sir, if you haven't answered the question. But let me tell you what you've said before. What you've said before is on your Twitter, on your little video, you said, please everybody go home, and that you love them and you're thankful for him. You had the power to stop it, and you didn't. You said these are beautiful patriots and that you're gonna and you're gonna pardon all of them. When you get in the thing which says to me, you have no problem with what they did. That's I mean, that's that's what your words are saying. And instead you talking about what now seeing them talking about like no, they asked you why, why why you can't say what they did?
Speaker 1: And then about about about his felonies and stuff like that, and no, no, no, no, no, sir, sir, sir, sir sir.
Speaker 2: You answer, Your answer is about what everybody else did? You have not you have not talked about what you've done. You keep talking about or what you're going to do. You keep talking about this judge and this and what everybody Why why you're so worried about what everybody else does? Mister Trump? The question is about like that's so, that's what I would say now. I would say, now if it were me right, when he brings up when he brings up my son, I would be like, here's how I would answer this one.
Speaker 1: You know what, You're right.
Speaker 2: My son has gone through horrible tragedies and he made some bad decisions, just like a lot of Americans have. He turned to substance abuse. But I love him, and that's my boy. And I'm gonna stand by him through this hard time. But also he's not running for president, and he was found your and he's gonna have to serve. Look, he's gonna have to serve his time. And I would hope that every American who loves their children and when their kids fall on hard times, that they would stick by them. And that's what I'm gonna do. I'm a dad. First, I just then and it'd be done. But remember but and then also be like, but also, he's not running for president. He could be a felon. He not running for president. You are, and you won't take a responsibility for your actions my son has.
Speaker 1: They seem easy to me. Anyway, Let's get to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, casually takes headphones off, becomes a little self congratulatory.
Speaker 1: Prop. I'm very proud of you for.
Speaker 2: Staying focused and ahead and making sure that stand diligent on being ahead of the game and making sure your projects are turned in and even adding that it's like this section, man, it's just man, you're really growing your podcast.
Speaker 1: Good job, Prop. I'm glad my workday is done.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna peruse social media and see if anything new has happened since I have not checked my phone in any way because I've been working. Oh, looks like a new thing has popped up that has made this entire episode irrelevant.
Speaker 1: Now, ain't that about some got okay breaking news. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: So, it turns out the Supreme Court of the United States has decided about this immunity situation. Apparently they have decided that when performing official acts, the US president can be immune from criminal charges. So if he was acting in an official capacity, then you can't be prosecuted for your choices. M hm. So now it's up to Trump to convince them that his meddling with the election was an official act.
Speaker 1: This is gonna take some Oh okay.
Speaker 2: So, so as long as you commit a crime on the clock for the company is not a crime. But if you commit a crime off the clock is a crime.
Speaker 1: I look wow.
Speaker 2: And they're saying it's to protect the president from worried about criminal charges later.
Speaker 1: I mean, somebody dig up Richard Nixon.
Speaker 2: They'd be like, hold on, hold on hold, I need a retrial, homie.
Speaker 1: W lord.
Speaker 2: This is having effects that the Stormy trialty he was supposed to get the sentencing for which is for which what we talk.
Speaker 1: About today, Hey gonna happen till September. Listen. Okay, the finesse King has struck again.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I guess if you won't, you could listen to the rest of this episode, which I'm still proud of. But the question has already been answered. Back to the episode is like this. Now, this is a phrase that has been I know Exhibit has said it many times.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: You may only know Exhibit as Pimped My Ride Exhibit, but I know Exhibit as the Liquid Crew. I know Exhibit as part of Death Roll. I know Exhibit as one of the dopest rappers out West ever and with one of the best vocals, like his voice is perfect. He has said that a couple of times, like you can't hot box with God, which is like a wordplate.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: The point is it is a phrase that did not come from hip hop. It comes from much more than us. It comes from an earlier place than us than hip hop. And I honestly think that if you sit down and thought about it for a second, it would be pretty self explanatory.
Speaker 1: Your arms are too short to box with God. What we're saying is there are some fights that you will never win. One of those fights, to use a theological term, is sovereignty. Now, church folk, you know what sovereign means. You know, anarchists, even atheists, you know what sovereign means. It means that at the end of the day, what that fool say goes. These people sit high and above you.
Speaker 2: And so the turn of phrase that we're giving is when you are in a position to where ultimately your choices are gonna catch up with you and you can rage against the machine as much as you want. Your arms are too short to box with God. These are things that if God decided, this is his will, and this what's gonna happen. It's what's gonna happen. I don't care what you I'm just trying to explain to you the phrase, I don't care what you think you could do.
Speaker 1: I don't care how much money you got. I don't care. I mean cars you got, I don't care, I mean women you I don't care how much power. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care how much prestige you could have a trillion, kajillion, bazillion dollars. The way the old folks say is you can't make the sun rise. Your arms are too short to box with God. So when you see situations like this where the rich and the powerful believe that forever they can never get touched. Oh, sweetie, your arms is too short to box with God. You can't change the weather, baby, that's what the old folks try to tell.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Think Steve Jobs for crying out loud. He could do everything, change the world, except couldn't cure his own cancer. Your arms are too short to box with God, and I think Trump experienced it.
Speaker 1: Now will it matter? Will?
Speaker 2: I mean, we'll know soon as far as the immediate repercussions. But ultimately, brothers don't know what twenty twenty five looks like. Brothers don't know what twenty thirty looked like.
Speaker 1: Brother's day. I don't even know if he gonna see twenty thirty like. We don't know. All we know is if death come for everybody, and your arms is too short to box with God. Now, but let's be specific, okay.
Speaker 2: Now, us who are a little more familiar with the criminal justice system, we understand the difference between jury cases and judge cases. Right where the judge gets to find whether the defendant is guilty or innocent versus the jury finds the defendant guilty or innocent. So let's just already, like, if you ain't figured this out already, let's just go and throw out Trump's argument about like, this is Joe Biden and he picked these judges and they doing his bidding.
Speaker 1: Because this was a jury case. He could make that claim and it might not be true, but he could make that claim if this was a judge case. Was no judge case. It is a jury case.
Speaker 2: Now, don't get me wrong, I for one, am a part of a people group who have been on the wrong side of this system many a times, so I understand even in a jury situation, the judge can sway the jury. Don't get me wrong. Them people is not our friends. However, this was a state case that that man decided he was gonna choose to take the court because the Feds could have and they did not. You know the case the Feds picked up, the one on Hunter Biden, the one on the president's son, that's the one the Feds picked up. So it's just gonna be hard you hard pressed to convince me that this was some sort of Joe Biden's thing or that that man was able to get a hold of all twelve of them jurors and tell them what to vote. Listen, in a jury case, you and your lawyers and the prosecution lawyers, y'all all agreed on who Twelvey, who these twelve people are? Now you and I notice now when you talk about a fair trial, which is an argument he's making too, he was like, there's no way in the world I could get a fair trial in New York, Nigga, you was the president and you was a television star. Where you think you was gonna get a fair trial? First of all, let me answer that question for you. The same answer that all y'all know is he don't want.
Speaker 1: A fair trial. He just want people that like him.
Speaker 2: Now, of course, that's what we all want, which is why I tell young homies, all my black and brown community people, all my people that are involved in the struggle, stop ignoring your jury duty, sentence, jury duty summonses. We need us on the jurys like so that's real. Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna give him that one. However, the idea of a fair trial in the sense that he's trying to present to us, which is a neutral one, bro, you was the president and you was a reality of yours. That's not possible, fam y'all. And not only that, y'all agreed on these people. You can't call foul. Now this who y'all agreed on. Now it's in the hall of records.
Speaker 1: It's done. He had thirty four times over felon. Here's what we know about felons.
Speaker 2: They came on guns, they came vote, and you really be having a hard time getting a job. But you can, however, obviously, run for president. You know, you could be the president in jail. Mumia and Lennard Pelziya they run for president every year. You could be a president in jail. I don't know how you could do it, but there's no law that says you can't. You're a citizen. You over thirty five, you can run for president. You're a natural born citizen.
Speaker 1: My bad.
Speaker 2: You're a natural born citizen. You're over thirty five, you can run for president.
Speaker 1: That's it. Then it's up to the people. Now, no how you're gonna do your job in jail. But you can.
Speaker 2: Now, of course, there's a Florida law that says that if you have completed all of your time from your sentencing and now you're out, and you show a certain level of good behavior, you're now allowed to vote. That is a law, which is again one of those weird twists of fate where you can't you as the listener. Now I'm jumping from the analogy to you as the listener. This is why you can't pick the category, like I'm a progressive, I'm an anarchist.
Speaker 1: I think, I want to.
Speaker 2: Say, Margaret from Cool People did a great example of this, Like you don't start with the category and then say what does my category believe about this?
Speaker 1: You're supposed to say what is this? What do I believe?
Speaker 2: And now who out there is talking that talk? But if you start with the category, you only get stuck in quandaries like you're about to be in right now. I, for one, am very much for the idea of felons being able to be rehabilitated. They still live here. You should be able to vote. Absolutely, you paid your debt to society. I'm leaning towards the Angela Davis world of abolition. Also, I don't know, I don't know if I'm all the way off that cliff, but abolition in the sense of ending the prison system, because the prison system we have overwhelmingly affects black and brown communities, and it has no desire to rehabilitate. That's not what you're doing. You're just throwing people away. It's not like so I have no love for the jail system. Now I've said this before many times on the show. Every nigga in jail ain't Nelson Mandela, Like, you know what I'm saying, y'all not all political prisoners.
Speaker 1: Let me be real about that.
Speaker 2: But that being said, we incarcerate more of our citizens than every other country. Like there's something we doing ain't right now, the racist in your world will try to quote some statistics that say it affects black people because black people commit more crimes.
Speaker 1: Look at all the statistics.
Speaker 2: They get convicted for more felonies than any other group. Black and brown people get convicted more felonies than any other group in the country. And I'm like, listen to the word you just said, they get convicted. That don't mean they do more. That just means we get found guilty more, which has a lot to do with the ability to lawyers, That has to do with implicit bias, that has to do with infrastructure that is already designed to view black and brown men and women as more dangerous than everyone else. So if you really take apart those statistics for which the Center of Justice has already said them, statistics is wrong because they're not taken into account the amount of crimes that actually happen versus the amount of crimes that are prosecuted and convicted. We are prosecuted and convicted at a vastly larger number than everyone else. That is why that statistic says that. That don't mean that we something wrong with us. Everybody commit everybody commit crimes. Everybody commit everybody commit pretty much the same amount of crimes. It usually has to do with survival and poverty. It ain't got nothing to do and opportunity. Now the convictions is because of race. So you can't even say this. So that's why we don't want to talking about abolition, because we like y'all not even if you're not even gonna enforce the laws justly, then I can't call your system just now. I can't say that only when it's my people getting locked up. I have to say that about if I believe in abolition. I believe in abolition now that it's old Trump. I can't be like, put that man up under the jail, like no, and y'all, let's be real, at least off this case.
Speaker 1: Now we're gonna know in a few days.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's gonna do any jail time for this one. Now, the highest he could get is four years for this case this New York is four years or probation, community service, or some sort of combination of that.
Speaker 1: That's that's the heist and get.
Speaker 2: But again, we from the city, we understand the criminal justice system a little better here. First time offender, as far as felonies are concerned, your first time offender. The man is in his mid seventies. It's a white collar crime. I cannot now. Now they put they put Weinstein, they put Epstein, and they put Bill Cosby into jail. But most of the time, you that old you, that first time offender, they don't really be giving you a lot of time. Now, add the ability that Trump has to make gravity not work, it's possible that that man don't see a second of prison time in this particular case.
Speaker 1: However, he also got a rico in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Now, if he gets convicted in that rico, that's forty one charges. If he gets convicted, okay, if he has found guilty, when he goes for sentencing, the judge is going to look at this case and say, okay, I can show you leniency and not say give you jail time. And what is the first thing All y'all who've been in trouble a few times, what's the first thing the judge gonna say? I heard you? Do you have any priors? Are you already a felon? Now, in California, we have something called a three strikes law. You get three felonies, you going to jail? Like that's just it, It's mandatory. Now the three strikes law is over. This is not California. But you stand up in sentencing and that judge know you already got a felon, and you'd an already not done any time for a prior felony.
Speaker 1: They are less likely to.
Speaker 2: Show you any leniency if you standing up in their face in the courtroom like he is just as defying as he always is.
Speaker 1: With a prior. Judges be taking that personal.
Speaker 2: Now again, the caveat is Trump bends reality all the time. So let's remember that that man be bend in reality. There is no doubt in my mind that that man can't bend reality. However, the more felonies he racks up, the more convictions he racks up, and the more times he skirts jail time, the higher the chances that one of them judges is going to be like, all right, I didn't had enough. This is again, this is just our folks been in the system for a while.
Speaker 1: We just know this stuff. Now, how did we get here?
Speaker 2: Because remember, the jury was pretty quick. They were supposed to dismiss for the weekend. It was a Friday. The team was giggling and laughing and chilling. They was thinking like, yo, we're finna go get some salmon and some oysters or something and then we'll see what's happening on Monday. The jury was like no, no, no, no, no, we good. We got the answer.
Speaker 1: We just need another half hour. Just make sure, like wait, nigga, what y'all got it? Like, yeah, we got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about how in the hell this case that everybody thought was the weakest case out of all of them, brought back the first actual conviction.
Speaker 3: Next, all right, we're back.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna bring up Kenjick and Drake again, It's just is the gift that keeps keeps on given because the comparison is perfect what you saw with Part of why Kendrick's move was so masterful was he weaved a narrative and controlled the narrative the whole time. He was prepared for every response, and he told a story from day one. You are a colonizer who needs therapy. You are a bad father that does not love yourself. And if you're gonna make me take the gloves off, you're a pedophile. You like miners, and what's prepared at every step. Clearly them songs was ready when he got quiet for a while, everybody was worried.
Speaker 1: That what that is called is proper preparation.
Speaker 2: When you control the narrative you put He put together a cohesive story for everybody to drop their thoughts into and final and finalized it with the celebration of day Night like Us, where the whole coast got brought in to it. He controlled the story, the pace. He would not let anybody move him. Drake can drop as million times as he wants you. No, I'm not moving until I'm ready to move. You will, and I remember you could go find my little tweets where I was like, Kendrick's attitude is like, you're not gonna rush me. You could say whatever you want, you won't rush me. I will talk when I'm ready to talk. He controlled the story, and Drake as good of a rapper as he as he was, it is was chasing Kendrick's narrative, was responding. He tried to create his own. It just wasn't compelling. The story he was creating was you're short, you don't make a lot of money, you beat your wife, and.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're cheating on her.
Speaker 2: But those stories were in response to what Kendrick was saying about him. It was you're you're at you're a pedophile. I never smashed Millie Brown? What what I didn't What are you talking about? You got an other baby? I didn't spash. I'm not a pedophile. Right, So you're chasing the story. Your story is not compelling, and it's not easy for us to follow your narrative. We're following Kendrick's narrative. We knew clearly he was ready because family matters to meet the grams. You were ready, and I had a response for what everything you was gonna say already.
Speaker 1: It's when you slow like when you from the you slow walk somebody.
Speaker 2: To the to the driveway. Hey, come here, homie, I just want to talk to you. And just as soon as you get to the lot drive driveway you get jumped. It starts the curve stop for you. I know, I know where you're going. I am prepared and I have an answer for everything you're saying. Because I'm controlling the story. I'm giving the listener, us, the audience, ways to follow the narrative and know what you're saying. This is what your lawyers should do. Create a cohesive narrative that the jury can follow so that it makes sense. Now, if you're the prosecution, it's really on you because again, in essential proven guilty. If you the prosecution, I have to put together. If I'm the prosecution lawyer, I have to put together a compelling story, a story that makes perfect sense, that's airtight with all of my receipts. You know where my facts be factsing and the math be math, and I have to put it together.
Speaker 1: The defense's job. You have two choices.
Speaker 2: You can put together a counter narrative that is just as cohesive, that is a whole other story where you don't even pay attention to the stuff that they talk about because what they talk about ain't true anyway, let me tell you what actually happened. These people don't know what they talking about. Let me tell you what happened. Or you understand that, you really don't have to do all that. All I have to do is cause a reasonable doubt, and really only with one of y'all. If it's twelve jurors, I really only need one of you because it's got to be unanimous. If not, it's a hung jury or it's a mistrial. I don't have to convince you they're wrong. I just have to convince you that maybe they don't have it all together, maybe they're missing something, and that's something they're missing us might be reason enough to not put me in jail.
Speaker 1: So what do you do.
Speaker 2: You don't make a whole compelling story. You just poke it theirs And that's where they went wrong. That's where Drake went wrong. Besides just I can't believe you would come at Kendrick, but that's where his defense went wrong. They hung their whole defense on well, Michael Cohen is lame and trash.
Speaker 1: Well he's trash so you.
Speaker 2: Can't believe nothing. He says, you're chasing the defense's narrative. And again this strategy. Let me not like, please understand this is a normal strategy, because you really run a risk if you're the defense, if you tell this story that now needs more questions. You know, you don't want to spark their imagination, Like wait, I never thought about that. You don't want to implant problems in your own defense, So your best bet is to just poke holes in the other one rather than giving suggestions, Like that's a normal way to run your defense. It's in most cases the safest way. It's just if we could be you know, Monday morning quarterbacks, his what's going on? Like, what are you gonna believe that guy's name's Pecker? You're gonna believe David Perrick's dumb?
Speaker 1: It's dumb. I'm just what do you mean? What do you mean crushing stories for that? You know, like what if I was just embarrassed because I didn't want my family to know I was, you know, out here smashing what was just?
Speaker 2: You know, it could be that, I mean, it could be he's not saying what it is because again, I don't have to give you a full narrative. I just have to make you question the narrative that's given to you.
Speaker 1: But that's not compelling. He's like, could be.
Speaker 2: Like when you say could be, could be, not that's not compelling. That's like, all right, well what are y'all saying again? And they went started from the top. Day's like when you start a story at the beginning. The beginning is you and your bull. It's cooked up this plan with your homeboy because you owned because you owned a dog on news cycle again, perfectly named David Pecker. You, Cohen and Trump sat down and said, we're gonna do this catch a kill situation. So they explained the play. You're like, well, what that got to do? How is this a felon? They're like, no, no, no, no, no, let me land the plane. I'm telling you a story here. When Kendrick goes, when I see you in sexy red, I see two bitches. You don't like women, you want to be them. You are jealous of women, and then he starts running through watch so no, no, no, let me start at the beginning.
Speaker 1: The beginning. Y'all got to play. Y'all was running. That may not.
Speaker 2: Seem connected, but let me tell you, let me land the plane. You had this play. You done, ran this play twice that we know of, and this play was to get stories. You buy the story, use your money, you buy the story, and you make sure it don't come out, while at the same time running stories you know that are absolutely false about your opponent. Trump's like, cap, it's just campaigning. What do you mean that's cap, come one. Everybody does that, so so it's true that's what you was doing. I mean, come on, But like why, It's like, that's not a it's not a good answer. So it's like, oh, okay, so okay, well let me well, let me tell you why. Because the Access Hollywood tape came out, you was gonna lose that election. Nope, Cap, Captain America, Captain Crunch.
Speaker 1: This is whatever.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, well, he go to third play. You was running because that one came out it didn't work. You had a third play.
Speaker 1: You was running. You had to Stormy Daniel situation. She was gonna let it come out.
Speaker 2: And Pecker and them was like, we're not paying for another story. You ain't paid us back for the other two. And since you ain't paid us back for the other two. We're not moving like it on. I don't need to be a part of this shit like this on y'all, like, and that's not just Pecker, that's not just Cohen, that's all kind of other people. And then the worst part is his home girl Hope Hicks got on that mug and was like, trump you my dog. But listen, homie, they got you on this one. Cud No, nigga, that's what you was doing because you said it to me. You said, man, I'll show I'm glad this story and come out while I was campaigning. Okay, So you just told us that's okay. So that's that's what That's what it was, wasn't it ain't really I mean, it just took it. Okay, Well, then what was happening?
Speaker 1: You ain't had no story? Call and them like, look, nigga, you this was the play. We was running the play. You decided to change the rules. You we wasn't gonna pay.
Speaker 2: So if we was gonna keep the play going, cause calling like, clearly I'm involved, Like I'm shady, nigga, I work for you, like you gotta be.
Speaker 1: Shady to work for you, which again is part of the story.
Speaker 2: That the prosecution is playing, like, of course, Cohen shady, you gotta be the work for this food. So he said, okay, yeah, let's run the play. You don't want to run the play no more? Okay, hell, I'll pay for it, just pay me back. Trump's like, oh, I don't worry about okay. Actually that's a good idea. I'll get your money. And you know what, dude, I'll just listen, don't worry about that. I'll just change the paper. I'll just call it like a legal fee. So you ain't gotta I got you, homeboy. Hey, don't nothing matter but the program.
Speaker 1: I get you. You know what I'm saying. I ap preach you. I'll get you.
Speaker 2: Back, calling like a right now, I need my money now, No, no, I need my money now.
Speaker 1: I don't play. I don't play with my money.
Speaker 2: Trumping him like he could have thought of doing that himself. They had a plan for that answer, I hope was like, uh, I know Michael Cohen that that he don't he don't if he don't do he don't play by his money, he ain't gonna choose to do that on his own. She like, that's the most self serving man I know ain't nowhere in the world he would do something for somebody else out the kindness of his art. What if, Lord if that's not a backhand compliment. But God, dog, that's what happens when you run with ruffians. This nigga want his money back.
Speaker 1: I don't. That is not the man that I know coing to be. They had an answer for it. They had they meet the grams, They ran.
Speaker 2: The whole thing and said, that's what you was doing, and it was obvious that's what you was doing. And you did that so that the election could be swayed, cause you knew if this shit came out on top of the Access Hollywood tape, if this came out right back to back, if they went back to back on you, that had been it, then you know, Hillary's emails wouldn't have mend nothing because you done went back to back on trashness. That'd have been over. That's why you did it. He's like, no, it's not you don't know why I did it. Okay, then why did you do it? I ain't want my wife to know that's why. Why did it have to be before the election. I mean, you know what I'm saying, You ain't have no compelling story, bro, that's how you lost. So let this be a lesson to all y'all, even if you lion. Your arms is too short to box with God. If you ain't got the answer, sway, you gotta put together a compelling story.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: At some point, I don't care how much dirt you doing, It's gonna catch up to you. You gonna catch a stray, You gonna catch a bullet. Now will it stick or will it go right through it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just know a long arm of justice. It get its many, get they people.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I don't care what you believe about taxes. In the name of Wesley Snipes, Listen to me. The taxman.
Speaker 1: He'll let you cheat on your taxes for a while until they decide they've done with you. Oh, he'll let you fall, He'll let you ignore them things. He'll let you do it. He'll wait till your old million dollars. Yeah, I'm not five million dollars. He ain't gonna get you for that good thousand and that five thousand and ten thousand you get away with that. You may think you got away with it. Your arms is too short to box with God.
Speaker 2: My gee, they gonna catch you, and they gonna wait, and they gonna wait till the worst possible time.
Speaker 1: Uh, mister, mister, hey it is.
Speaker 2: We see for the last ten years you haven't been so we'll just get that squared away from you. You know, we need ten million dollars and uh that'sul take care of it. Oh you ain't got it, well, well well you should because that's our money that you So you've been spending our money. Oh man, the taxman undefeated. Baby, you can't fly too close to the sun. Your arms is too short to box with God. Now we'll see in one more week, we'll see how it go. And then four days after that, Joe supposed to get his official selection as the GOP's choice.
Speaker 1: A whole felon. It's amazing, literally the politics, y'all.
Speaker 2: All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the coldbrew Coffee we got terraformed cold brew. Go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski Killing the Beat Softly. Check out his website Mattowsowski dot com. I'm a speller for you because I know M A T T O S O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and nobly Mattowsowski. Still killing the beat Softly, So listen, don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week
Speaker 1: And one one of the