Speaker 1: Worrying. Today's episode Candade spoilers for House of the Dragon season three episode six. Hello, my name is Jason Concepcion. Hell, I'm Rosey Night and welcome back to Extra Vision, the podcast where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics, and pop culture. Company from my Heart, where We're We're you. Three episodes week plus thos.
Speaker 2: We are talking about House of the Dragon season three, episode six and one episode. If you thought a lot happened last episode, get ready because there are some threads being tied up. Some things are happening, and I have a lot of questions for Jason because I am starting to understand I think where Ryan Condall is going by leaning so heavily into the unknown time with Alison with like Alice An, there's a lot of fun stuff to be digging into, guys. So let's start and it starts off well for the Kristen Cole hayas.
Speaker 1: How su the Dragon season three episode six. We open in the river lands and Cole's bedraggled men look miserable, just kind of like stumbling and bumbling through the woods. They come to a clearing where they cite a camp of the Rivermen, they think, but something strange has gone on here. They walk down there and there's already been a fight here. There's dead bodies all around, dead animals, all of them rivermen. So it's like, who fought these people? Who killed them? But the answer is to trap Some of the dead men spring up and a fight starts. It ends pretty quickly. Cole's guys put it down. But Cole realizes right after this that he and his really just like a handfully He's got very few guys at this point. His handful of men maybe a hundred, two hundred, like.
Speaker 2: Very few not and in the middle of the five hundred that we see is like badly any like the ones who are ready to fight is like ten. It's even bad, yeah, because they're all dehydrated. They've got they've got and they've just been They've got leeches on their nuts.
Speaker 1: It's very tough and it's bad. But suddenly Cole looks around and they are completely surrounded. It's the rivermen, it's the widgew wolves. It's over. Cole still seeking to like impress his own personal narrative for his own life, the way he wants to die on the events makes it I think a pretty courageous offer. He's like, listen, I'll fight. I'll fight you one on one or one on two or however many. You know, what do you want to do? You me versus Roddy and Oscar, Like we could do it that way in exchange, Yeah, whatever's fair and in exchange for that, uh, let my men go. And that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Crazy thing for him to ask after they've been going around just killing people with no honor, Like christ mind, like you been a like living ghoul to this honest and you did a great job. But he's in a great job hostness. I do, I will say, obviously deep Christian khole hater, but I do think Fabian and I do think the writers have done a really interesting job of kind of showing someone who has just been downtrodden their whole life trying to find some kind of agency at the end of their life, some kind of moral righteousness, and even though he obviously cannot really achieve it, I did find this to be quite a powerful moment until he pulled that allisents fucking she doesn't even think, I was yelling at the TV. I was like, she's never even thinking about your name. She liked it, No, I'm it blasts for him, like I didn't dislike it as a choice, but I didn't like it for him.
Speaker 1: So he realizes, like, this is probably gonna be the end. And as you mentioned, he pulls out of his sleeve Alison's titty napkin that she gave him, and it's with the embroidered A on it and beautiful lace napkin her favor as they would say in the world, and he's about to say something brave when a bunch of arrows hit him, including through the face and chest with the eyes with the coup de gras being unleashed by Black Alleys characters of the river Lands who we don't really get to to know through the course of the show. But yes, that is it's certainly right because they do a.
Speaker 2: Really long shot on her face and I was immediately like yeah, I was immediately like, okay, this is really important. It's obviously how And I actually really like this moment because I think it's fitting for Coal, like he doesn't get to determine how he dies at the hands of people that he's wronged, but he also didn't have to die under the wrath of like Ormond, so in his own way, he kind of gets to die the way he wanted. It's it's really interesting.
Speaker 1: I will say that Black Alley, so Black Alley is Alison Blackwood, member of House Blackwood. She is related to some notable people in this world. Some of that spoilers will say that for later she is, you know, at this age, I think she's like should be in the books anyway, she's like sixteen years.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say she was giving catnus. I think she's meant to be like late teens.
Speaker 1: And then definitely, like with the face paint struck me. I don't know. For the Skyrim heads out there reminded me of Ala the Huntress, who is a Nord werewolf and member of the of which guild is that the Companions which are like these kind of mercenary mercenary group that go on like various side quests throughout Skyrim. But the face paint really reminded me of that. And so she delivers the Kudu grat and clearly he didn't want to go down this way, and then the wolves and the Riverman Russian and presumably slaughter everybody.
Speaker 2: I also want to quickly say about like going back to the napkin momentarily. One thing I loved that they did. And this might have just been for me or the way I read it because I got bad eyesight. I'm wearing glasses, guys. But like, when he pulls the napkin out, at first, it looks like it's an R because of the way that the Allison is written. The A at the bottom has this huge round moment, so when he first brought it out, I was like, wait, what And then it reveals itself to be the A. So they just have so much fun with kind of his history, and I'm just so fucking good. I love this episode.
Speaker 1: Yes, very fun. So this is the This battle, by the way, is the is like the infamous Butcher's ball from the books called the Pacher's Ball because it's just like a complete route and christ and Cole dies and his men really get just steamrolled the.
Speaker 2: Red Oscar Tully Young Tully because he is Han in the last episode who said to the head of the winter Wolves. He was like, I will enjoy Christen Cole no more. Let's fucking do it his way, Like he was the one who came up with this plan. Was like this, let's trap them instead of just sending the wolvester.
Speaker 1: He's a tough He's a tough little kid, and I love him and Dustin. Oh I wish there was I wish there was some other stuff about Roderick and Oscar Tully, like an odd couple story arc. Anyway, we go to the Red Keep. The guards find Alison and Helena stuck in the stuck in the walls, like like you know where they had become lost.
Speaker 2: Like get stuck in that forever, which was my fea. I thought they might just die in that. So this is okay.
Speaker 1: We go to the Small Council. Damon, of course, is uh, you know, brings news about the slaughter of the city Watchmen, his beloved city watchmen. Raniera meanwhile, wants to know, like when is Oscar and Roderick? When will their army reach Tumbleton? What's going on with that? Turns out they've been delayed by coal. They obviously don't know that coal is dead. Now Damon is like, again, why don't we just burn the whole thing, burn the whole thing from the sky. Fuck it? Who cares? Missaria is arguing, don't give Ormond what he wants the bad pr is what he wants. He wants to be able to say, see what happens when you support Raniera, you get burned anyway. Sabbath the Fray and Lord torn Manderley, on the other side of the table, both come down on the side of the argument that says burning the town would.
Speaker 2: Be a little that's so funny. I love their addition to the Small Council, Like it's peak early Game of Thrones where you get these like sassy in characters who are both like, oh yeah, I'm sure they'll love that. The drag Tory Mantley has this great line where he goes, oh yeah, the fire that just magically knows who is bad and who is good when it hits, Like I was like, that's a fucking great line.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, paraphrasing, Meanwhile, Damon says something like I don't want to hear from anybody who their battle experience is like battling with a chicken leg.
Speaker 2: His head, Like there's no fucking decorum in this house, in this meat the Small Council, and I will.
Speaker 1: See to be fair, Lord Torren should just keep his mind on economic matters and whatever, like you're on the small council. I get it, Alan says. He also comes down on the of let's just be judicious. Says, Listen, we wait for the army. We use overwhelming force with the army, but it's discriminating. We don't kill the women and children and the civilians of Tumbleton. These are your subjects, people who again bent the knee to you, but absolutely genocidal slaughter against Ormond to the high towers. Yeah, Damon is like, listen, remember An go On the conquer the original guy. He killed everybody at the field of fire, and nobody gave a shit. Nobody cared. So pull your pull your big girl pants up and let's just burn the town. Raniera then goes, well, my dad would not have done that, which Damon does not have liked, because listen, nobody knows you already know. Nobody knows Visceras like Damon did. They had a very close relationship, I think, and I think Damon really Damon loved his brother clearly, but also thought he was soft and can and envisioned his role as kind of the sword of the realm, like to be the hard ass. But Damon it really doesn't want to think about Tumbleton that much because there are insurgents inside the city walls. They have slaughtered his men. What are we going to do about it? Security in the city is paramount because Queen Ranier is here, the royal government is here. Raniera says, Okay, let's send to Corlis. Alan, go to your dad and ask Corlis for more men so that we can reinforce the city and you know, reinforce the city watch guys who have either died or have quit. As she's leaving the small Council, she learns that there's a contingent of Barathian men here to meet her, but not Lord Boros himself. Lord Boroughs continue continues to run away from the smoke. Is dodging the smoke. He has been requests personally by the Queen in the city, but instead he's like, oh, the vulture King. I gotta deal with the vulture king instead. Sorry, the Vulture King was highwayman?
Speaker 2: Like who is he in the books? Like is this a name that fans are immediately like? Okay? Is this like telling someone, oh, I can't come because like there's traffic on the one ten? Like is it just a nothing?
Speaker 1: Does I mean it's not a nothing. So the Vulture King is a dread pirate Roberts esque in the sense that there were there was like one vulture King, two vulture kings, three there was. Right, it's a mantle so is a to be fair, very annoying outlaw who was based in the kind of red mountains of Dorn region that is borders of the storm Lands and was constantly raiding into the storm lands across the marches, and you know, is a very annoying guy that said it does not require in my opinion, Lord Borrow's personally, but clearly he doesn't as many of the great houses don't want to do does not want to get personally involved until it's clear which way this is gonna go?
Speaker 2: Does unclear feel like that? Right? So? Can I just ask, as a you know, I'm an outsider watching this West Rosi news essentially as the insider, how are people feeling about that right now? Because I feel like on both sides we see that the houses are struggling to work out where this is going to land, the daring of it all, the venera of it all, even though she sits the throne, is this like a particularly unstable time right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean it makes it makes a lot of sense. And it's something from the books as well, that the great houses, except for the Starks, who sent a kitchener sent the winter Wolves, and we'll see if they will send anyone else, and the Lanisters, who are directly involved on the on the green side, pretty much everybody else's is the big houses have stayed out of it. Now, you could argue that the High Towers are a great house and all but name, which is true, and Jane Aaron has given some money and stuff. But for the most part, everybody, nobody wants to stick their neck out until somebody seems like they're really winning, in which case everybody will pile on to the winning side. And that's not just like historically, like how a lot of these conflicts based in the you know, these medieval conflicts unfolded, but it's how conflicts unfolded over the course of Game of Thrones too. Who's like, people, wait, nobody wants to risk everything.
Speaker 2: To see you before they know. Everyone wants to be the second right.
Speaker 1: So the brathyan Men are here and they're like, Lord Boris can come. He's fighting the Bulsher King and Rnier's fucking piss and she's like, well, you know, I could just like execute you guys, because I think you're really annoying.
Speaker 2: This, so just hang you because he didn't come bound.
Speaker 1: And he's and so these nights are like, well, is there anything else that we can offer the Queen in lieu of the presence of Lord Boroughs And she says, give me your belt, which we don't know what that means. Very mysterious at this point. We'll find out.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, because in the moment I had this, I was like, okay, is this either she's gonna play it as like she claimed it, or is it gonna be like she's gonna hang him with the belt? I thought that would have been pretty brutal. But we will learn where it goes, and it goes, we will are very fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: We go to Tumbleton Hue, the Hammer flies Verma Thorion on a scouting mission and then lands nearby washed Rocks have a question mark have they They have a chat about well, mostly off monologue is about malt lemon market day, the market day, the sound, the bells winging, the sound, smell red pie, lamprey pie.
Speaker 3: You know scones, butter scones and a nice Lotte.
Speaker 2: And when just coming out of the bars.
Speaker 3: The breast glistening with ale and sweat. I loved it, didn't.
Speaker 2: You love it?
Speaker 1: Do you love it all? And almost like I'm married?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: I mean she was like, I'm married. He loves his wife. So but you know, olf Is is basically saying like I took it for granted, and it's clear that he's very frustrated. They both are, but a more pointedly frustrated with what service to the Queen has meant in reality, which is like a lot of orders to go do stuff and not a lot of the breast glistening with ale and smell of scones in the errands exactly. And so he was like, you know, would you would you give it up? Like would you stop doing this? And I'll clearly would know, would not do that? But wants more he does, and I think they both want order. Hugh clearly wants more as well.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 1: We go to the Red Keep, Reania comes to see Alison again, and here's where I began to get the feeling that yes, Rania wants information from Alison and Helena and maybe a little bit of perspective from the other side, like what what might the Greens be thinking? Yeah, but you also get the feeling that, like, this is her childhood friend and she's not getting she's not getting any traction or support from her small counsel or anybody. And you almost get the feeling that Raniera's like, let me just talk to my.
Speaker 2: Friends out that fucking like God advice. No, Jason, You're so right. There is this great moment here that go for the do the recap, and then I'll pinpoint in a moment where you are confirmed, I believe.
Speaker 1: So she comes to see Alison, and of course she's angry about this attempted escape. And Alison, when I when I was a kid, I snuck out. I used to sneak out through my My bedroom was on the ground floor, and I would and especially during this summertime, I'd push my air conditioner out of the way and like and wiggle through the gap and go gallivanting out into the streets with my friends. And one time I was riding my bike home at like eleven or forty five and my stepdad drove by me and I was like hundred percent he saw me, and then I managed to flip it in that you know, I got home there waiting for me, and I was like, yeah, but everybody else's curfew is eleven o'clock and it's just not fair that, like I'm home at nine. It's ridiculous and everybody is out till eleven, like I'm fifteen or little. And I gotta tell you, this is what Allison does. Alison manages, manages to flip it. She's like, well, you know, hold Ona is pregnancy. I'm what would you do, Like I understand, like the position you're in, you're gonna have to kill this baby at some point, when he was like no, I do that. Come on, maybe a hostage, but you know I'm not gonna kill a child, and Alison's like, bitch, yes you will.
Speaker 2: You would stop.
Speaker 1: It, Yes you would, And but Alison then goes listen, it was my fault, not Helene. Is obviously like Helena doesn't have thoughts of escape, like this is my idea, So you're gonna puish anybody punish me, and Rania is like, okay, well, I'm gonna increase security around both of you. And meanwhile, you know I am fighting your cousins like outside the city, as well, like Ormond's really giving me a lot of shit, So okay, this is like a tough.
Speaker 2: Position, and this is this is where she goes. She kind of lists off. She's like, you know, your cousin is this, your cousin is that high towers? Blah blah blah, and and then she goes to them, you're this, and then Allison says that, she goes and what am I to you? And then Ranera goes, don't try me before she tells how the room and I was like, fuck, yeah, it's Jason. You're so right. It's like the two teenage girls are back at it again, like and and and Ranera is so great and well, I mean both of them, Emma and Olivia are so great, because yeah, everything that Olivia is doing as Alison at this point is defensible to us because we care about Helena. She's like the one good person. And I love to see Allison now in a protective mode, which we haven't really seen. And also it might just be to protect herself, but it's very interesting and I love to kind of see Raniera at this vulnerable backstep, returning to her friend who honestly she probably still can't trust. Just like she couldn't trust back then. But this interaction is so fantastic. It says so much about both of them.
Speaker 1: Right now, Rania meets with Massaria to kind of all this recent development, and Messoria, first of all, Massaria is like, what they try to do with Helene's pregnant? What crazy?
Speaker 2: So she took as she took Allison's advice. Hey, this is like compilation. She didn't tell Raniera us. She's now got this high tower favor that is owed to her. I think I would always right Jason, I overestimated her. She is not here too.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing though, now high tower favor. I would argue that now Alison has leverage over Missaria. Alison could say to Rania, well, guess what. Guess who knew your fucking mistress of Whispers knew that everything, knew that Helena was pregnant, knew that we were gonna escape Saws as we were trying to escape. She didn't tell you, Okay, so can you trust her anyway?
Speaker 2: Alison? I'm using that instantly, Like, come.
Speaker 1: On, So Missia pretends that she didn't know, and then she has basically has a guard take care of the maid who knew about the moon Tea in order to keep her the thread that connects to her, and that she would have known from spreading across the castle, which is pretty ruthless. And again that's just cover your ass. Shit is terrible.
Speaker 2: This is terrible. This is kind of my issue now. I think you were right, Jason, and I had overestimated her ability to think bigger than herself and covering her own tracks, and that is not what you need to be if you're the master of whispers. Like and when she then also sells out another worker to essentially cover her tracks by calling her a thief and a liar and maybe having her killed, I guess is the implication that's fucking crazy to me. Bitch like you go, You're gonna end up in a bad situation. It's not gonna end well for you. I'm sorry, but it's true.
Speaker 1: Go get me, go, get me some whispers. Where are the whispers at?
Speaker 2: I haven't had one whisper whispering. You didn't tell me you kept the one whisper.
Speaker 1: No, terrible. Let's see a quick break and we'll be back at the park. And we're back. We go to the City Watch headquarters. The watchman who survived the dinner Massaker come to Damon, and quite understandably, they quit in mass it's too dangerous. There's no money in the coffers. Nobody's getting paid. They're paying with their lives of anything. Damon calls them cravens, which I don't think. I think this is the time for not even tough love, just pure love I could cause them.
Speaker 2: He tried to do the like to live speech again, but that had already worked last time. He should have done the like we are brothers with morning, our brothers. I'm gonna protect you.
Speaker 1: I will sleep here in the quarters with you.
Speaker 2: I will be your personal bodyguard. I will do rounds on your family's house. But instead this is a peak example. I mean, we've been talking about this, Jason. I would say it's one of our main themes this season, the Targarian pr issues between Damon and Renera. They need a pre person. They're very bad at it. Massiria could have been it for a little while, but she's not very good at it either. And I think here we're gonna see this episode both again, Renera failing and Damon I think making some massive mistakes, not only here, but as we will see as he leaves this meeting, I think he's going to make a mistake that's going to change the course of things for the family.
Speaker 1: Alan finds Corless, you know, somewhere in the crown Lands, the river Lands, somewhere around there, hanging insurgent triarchy men, which is you know, Corliss has obviously been very frustrated by political developments at court in his own relationship with Queen Rania, so he's gone back to doing the thing he loves, which is just slaughtering triarchy men like Willy Nilly, hanging guys who are men of the triarchy, and it loves to do.
Speaker 2: Go to therapy.
Speaker 1: He's just like, hang them all from the same tree.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it. Many. He just keeps hanging them and Alan is like, please, like just do something else, like this is kind of creepy, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: There's uh, there's this artist who did woodcuts of the Thirty Years War. Wow, that there's a whole collection of it, of which I have a few prints because there it's incredible, incredible like graphic art. This guy's name was Jacques Gulau. He was active in the like early sixteen hundreds, Wow, and he created this project called legrand Misery de la Guerre the Great Miseries of War, about the Thirty Years War, and one of these woodcuts is Le Pendesa, the hanging and it's uh, it's a it's a tree in the middle of this the image that has like twenty five bodies hanging, and it reminded me.
Speaker 2: Very very sounds Mary Corlus.
Speaker 1: And you know Corlis, Alan is like, listen, we need you, we need the we need some vlary on men in the capitol all like the city Watch is decimated. I'm gonna go to Driftmark. I'm gonna get more of the guys. Will you will you help? Will you lead the guys? And Corlis is like, no, I'm not. I'm no, I've been spurned. I asked one very simple thing for Riniera. I didn't get it. And so now I'm just gonna murder as many chriochy men as I can find, because that's what makes me happy. My wife is dead, my good son is dead, and my other son doesn't have a name, and I'm furious.
Speaker 2: It's so annoying to see him behave like this to Alan, because the thing is Alan is living out everything Carlus wanted for him, like he is at the right hand of the Queen. She listens to him. It was his idea to get more Valarian men. He was the one who said there were three score left in the city. Like Alan is living a legitimate life of a lord, and Carlis could be there seeing it. He's earning that legitimacy from Renera, whether or not she'll give him the fucking title. But unfortunately Carlis is stubborn as fuck, and that's gonna pay badly for him in this episode.
Speaker 1: So Corlis refuses to go, but he does give Alan some important information, which is that Thailand Lanister survived the Battle of the Gullet and is headed to Rooks Rest. We go to Rooks Rest outside the walls of Rooks Rest where Thailand is burying the Janos who Eggon stabbed to death in the previous episode. Laris, always on the mind, always on boats is telling listen, I.
Speaker 2: Found autism for sure, you're right. He was always thinking about guess.
Speaker 1: What I found a Bravosi cog right out of maiden Pool. That we can get on this and we can get out of here. We go to Bravos, you know, the pitch. I got a great house over there, servants, pile of gold. We live in the in the fashion that used to. It's gonna be great. We just need to keep a low profile until then. Don't go waving the crown around all that stuff. Thailand argues this would be a terrible mistake for Eggon.
Speaker 2: Leave.
Speaker 1: This is his country, this is a nation he's ging, and Eggon, still clearly smarting from the monologue that Laris delivered to him in the previous episode, asks Thailand, do you think I'm a tarileman? And then Thailand, in the most unconvincing way to like, he takes a pause. That's like pauses.
Speaker 2: He keeps pausing. I gotta say, I'm gonna can I do a minor hacker? I do think that that is like, I do think Eggon's smarting from it. But I actually think the reason that he doesn't choose Thailand harrors because Laris was honest to him. I actually think he does it. It's I think if Thailand could argue that Eggon was a good man and make him believe it, Eggon would go with him. But I think that he knows that Laris right now is like one person who's gonna fucking tell him how it is. Yeah, Thailand couldn't just be like, look, you're a shit king, but come to Castley Rock and you can make it up to the people. If you'd have said that, maybe Eggan would have gone with him. But he knows this is a player, right, this is someone who's gonna play polite games. That's not gonna help eggn So I thought this was such a cool scene and also very fun to see Laris really embracing the power he has here where he's sort of bossing Thailand Lenister. He's like dig more and Tyland said, hey, it's free, you can use this. You can use the shovel and then he kicks him in. But it's really fun to see him like wielding the power, the small power he's finally gained over these lords. Very cathartic to see it.
Speaker 1: So s us it is they are going to Bravos apparently we go to the Veil where, uh, you know, Raina is just continuing to be depressed. We just get a moment of that in Sheepstealer's cave. Heron hall Alice is tending to Amon's life to aimen to excuse me after he saved her life from the mercenaries who burst in in the previous episode, and he says, it's time to leave. I'm healthy and now my strength is gathered enough. I need to find Vaguar. I need to find out why she left.
Speaker 2: And and I don't know you anything because I saved you.
Speaker 1: I saved your life. She's like, no, no, no, you got to stay longer, please, like you're not strong enough. Actually he's sure about it, and he because and he also, I think raises a good point and a point that's probably correct, which is what if it's what if it's a castle.
Speaker 2: That yes, we said the same thing, like they said the same something about the castle that is disconnecting them, the magic of the castle. Vega's like inherent ferough, fear of the castle. Something.
Speaker 1: Alice says, Well, you know, the land is crawling with cell swords and Queen's men. There's a price on your head. You're not going to make it with no rest. You should at least sleep and get in full night sleep, and then you know you can leave maybe in the morning. And then what about this what a vagar flew way to protect you somehow? So the Queen can't, OK, what about that? We end that there on the kind of ambiguous ending, we go to the veil. Jane Aaron is just throwing guys at the moon door. We have no idea what they they've done, but she's just launching.
Speaker 2: Them and she's like always intriguing, Jess. And I gotta ask you, do the people of the aries the Airy are they do they have like an inherited madness that is talked about or is this more of just like a cruelty because we have seen strangeness within their family again and again and again in this kind of pension for killing. Though every family has that in this world.
Speaker 1: We have not. You're right to mention that it's not spoken of. But to your other point, we have seen later members of the Aaron family be quite taken with the idea of just throwing people out, wanting them to watch them flutter and fly. And I think, listen, when you're raised in this atmosphere and when you're in which from childhood, you're just watching people get thrown out, and it's like and you.
Speaker 2: Literally live kind of above the rest of the world. There's no other rules or it is.
Speaker 1: It does seem like it would be quite a hypnotic site to watch somebody just kind of like flutter away. Anyway, this is what Jane Aaron does. I guess she's just run because there's no TV.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say business, have agin of Netflix and chill. It's just like, uh, window, skydoor and chill.
Speaker 1: So as this guy, this poor soul is like, you know, disappearing into a small dot that will then smash into the hillside at high speed. Raina is brought to her and Lady Aeron is pissed. She slaps Reina and is like, I thought I told you to keep keep your head down high out there flying around. You're out there doing stuff is a violation of our agreement, which was I will let you stay here and you don't ever make trouble for me. You're making trouble for me. Not only that, but the queen knows that sheep Stealer has a rider, and now she's looking for sheep stealer. This is a huge, huge problem. Raina then goes onto Wine and winged that, oh you don't know what it's like. Dragon. I never got to have a dragon, and was like, shut up.
Speaker 2: She says, you had that choice. By the way, to have a dragon rather than a family. You could have go with your family.
Speaker 1: That's right, there's little children in Pentos who need you.
Speaker 2: Being by the way to like dotislavery because we don't know maybe maybe potentially.
Speaker 1: And and she's like, listen, stop flying around, shut up playing else. Next time I bring you here, you're gonna go flying. But in a different way. We go back to the red keep. Alan finds Baila sleeping somewhere in the city. He's is like, listen, I can't get Curls to come back, but maybe you could convince him, you know, you have a you might have a better warmer relationship with him. They talk about their very complex daddy issues. Of course, Baylis's father is Damon Turgarian. The vibes are flowing, now what like.
Speaker 2: Ry Well, I guess she has like Targuarian blood and is very beautiful and is like also like in Lights of the Throne. But it's so funny that both Adam and Alan are clearly like vibing.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not like there's a lot of other I know women of their statue like they are bastards but raised to the place where they have been raised. It's not like there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Ian just made an unbelievable point in the chat. Those are uncles, Yes, classic Damon Talgarian situation.
Speaker 1: It's targary and stuff. You know, I gonna be.
Speaker 2: Honest if I was gonna pick her between Adam and Allan, Allan was not the one I would have thought she would go for. But the energy here in the chemistry was so good that I totally bought it. Whereas I think Adam maybe reminded her too much of Jace. He's too caring, he's too much like I love you, I want to look after you.
Speaker 1: Yes, baby boy soft. Allen's a soft guy. That's what every want to That's what she wants right now. She wants she wants a tough guy, a bad guy, like kind of like a bad boy right now. He's got bad And she crosses the room and there's you can feel the magnetism and she's looking at him with those like.
Speaker 2: You gonna kiss me?
Speaker 1: Like what are you gonna do? Are you gonna do it? And then they end up doing it. They end up kissing.
Speaker 2: We go to Tumbleton, Joel, it's so Peter, Gail. I was gonna say, it's so y a fucking Romance Love Trilogy coded. I'm so glad you said.
Speaker 1: That GWayne made it out of the slaughter. He's in Tumbleton. He looks like shit. He thinks Ormond is maybe mad at him for you know, he thinks Ormond is maybe insane from wanting to continue this.
Speaker 2: Fight because his version of it has only been through the eyes of his men who died with Coal. Right. He doesn't know Ormond's machinations and he doesn't think it's worth while correct.
Speaker 1: Also, he has no dragons. He's very exposed here in Tumbleton, which is not White Dragon, not a militarized city, not a defensible city. Yes they are, they're hardening the defenses, but it doesn't have like the double walls of a one of the great kind of military style castles of the realm. And she's got this army bearing down on him and multiple dragons flying around just like waiting for the order. He thinks that Ormond is crazy. Ormond is acting like everything's fine. He has the upper hand. Time is on his side because his agents are working in the capitol to destabilize the near his regime, and that is working. And he says, you know, a patient gets the kid, and Ormond sends Darren to show GWayne to his room and they have a moment, you know, private moment to kind of chat about what's going on. Quaene is like, this is crazy. Everything that's going on here is crazy. Ormond declaring you king is crazy. Darren is like, well you left me head, Like what can I do? You left me here? I had no choice. He minted the coin. I didn't know about it. Like now I'm Ormond's puppet and I can't do it, like I have no I can't do anything about it.
Speaker 2: Can we pause? On that coin? Jason Ormond gave him bangs on the coin. As people have been pointing out online, this man loves Head. That is his passion. His passion.
Speaker 1: He gave him a bob he give me. It's just it's more, I guess more kingly to have the bob. You want to see the face.
Speaker 2: You got to see the face, but you need to frame it. And Ormond has about that.
Speaker 1: I think like I think early you know, metallurgists and metalworking artisans. I think of this period the you know it's below two hundred and forty p resolution on a coin, like it's like forty forty P resolution free p and I just don't think they have the ability.
Speaker 2: To put too much detail, like you don't need to put the ball like it's just his face as fine, But that's just Ormond. He's a detailed, friendly guy, he is. But Luckeen, as we'll find out, Gween is more detailed focus thank god.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Gween tries to tell Daryn to just refuse Ormond, which is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not going to work. What's he gonna do. He's gonna kill it.
Speaker 1: It's like, you don't understand what's going on around here? Who will protect me? I don't have a force sworn to me on my own. Of course, Darren understands. He's a very realistic kid. He understands that the chances of him actually ascending the throne are like nil, Like he's he very low that he survives this conflict and almost zero that he ascends.
Speaker 2: He's a pawn and Hi Tower war for power.
Speaker 1: GWayne believes that Ormond is marching the family, Darren and himself and all these men to their destruction. He doesn't see any way that this succeeds. And GWayne is like, I'm thinking about going back to old town and just leaving and Darren's like, no, you have to stay, don't leave me with him. It's a very very heartfelt moment. He's like begging.
Speaker 2: Wayne to stay, and then he's just a kid.
Speaker 1: He's just a kid, and he's like, have you seen my mother? And it's quite heartbreaking. You know, Darren hasn't seen his mother in years, so and to hear him see him pining for his mother.
Speaker 2: I would say I didn't really know where they were going with the GWayne plot line, Like I thought he was an interesting foil for Kristin coal, but after Kristen died, I sort of kind of would okay. I actually thought that the kind of duality between the way he spoke to Ormond when he first arrived and getting to see that hired fatigued realization of like a soldier who's fought and to see how disconnected the leadership is. But then to have that great moment where GWayne talks to Darren as his uncle and is like what the fuck is going on? I felt like, oh, okay, everything they did with gwayn led to this, like he is our in character. Once we get to Ormond, he is the one who is letting us know, like, oh yeah, this is as crazy as you think is Like even his family knows this is a fucking insane play. But there's nothing GWayne can do about it. Like he's beaten down, he's broken, and he's willing to leave this. I mean, how old's Darren at this point, like fourteen, yeah, years old.
Speaker 1: We go to the Red Keep. Helena is not eating. Allison is, of course worried. Helena is, you know, just anxious about everything, anxious about your hair. She understands that Allison lied about that. Oh yeah, Yourhara is going to join us on the escape of the time. We're gonna send for her. She's gonna come later. She knows that that was bullshit. Allison is like begging Helena to eat, and she really in that moment as she's there having this conversation that Helena is like knitting this huge tapestry, like the Bayou tapestry. M And you know, we understand that Helena, because she has she's a dreamer, she's a dreamer, that there must be some meaning.
Speaker 2: I also want to say, Jason, do you think the implication here is that obviously it's not exactly because we only see a part of it, and we know that part is not something we've seen in the credits. But is the implication here that Helena is maybe the one doing the tapestry that we see at the opening credits, because it looks very similar with the color choices and.
Speaker 1: Yes, shapes.
Speaker 2: I think that's I'm going to be so excited to see if we see the moment that kind of breaks this episode in the credits for the next episode, that would be pretty special.
Speaker 1: Yes, we go back to heron hall. Amon is going to leave. He's getting on a horse. He's like, getting out of there. Alice is like, no, no, no, no, no, hold on.
Speaker 2: She actually kills a kid who sees him to prove her loyalty. She's like, I will protect your fucking identity from an eleven year old horseboy.
Speaker 1: By the way, I have something to share with you that maybe so you will say. She brings out this crate five eggs laid by the dragon dream. This is the Dragon of Raina targeting the older Raina Targetian and older Rayna, who uh kind of lived out her final years. This is from years past in isolation at heron Hall and I will say whose eggs? Many book readers have surmised, are the eggs that eventually get to Denarius? Okay, this is because they disappeared. They it was noted in the in the annals that these eggs disappeared.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the biggest question I have for you, right, and this is kind of what I was teasing in our intro. Is obviously when she reveals that it is very much a similar reveal. This is obviously not something that we know about Aimond and Alice's time together, but this feels like why they're leaning so much into the unknown time at Haaren Hall. Right, So is this we don't know that Alice gave aim and these eggs in the books? Right, That's not in there.
Speaker 1: It's not in there.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why I think it. Yeah, Okay, Jason, Another question, is there a version of this where the eggs are This is not how I read it. I think that she's being honest. I think what she pictures to him here is true. But is there a version that the eggs are just a vision of the magic of Haaren Hall that she's using to like manipulate him, like she doesn't actually have them, or those are not the real eggs or she's using a vision to kind of she's hiding the real eggs. Like what do you think because this feels like a huge reveal.
Speaker 1: Don't no, this is not this is this is not real something. This is real. This is not something in the book. So yeah, it's interesting. So you know there is.
Speaker 2: Because I saw the eggs. It was just like, oh my god, Okay, this is what this is. How you connect it, this is what you've been leading to. But it feels huge to just kind of drop that. And that's why I was wondering, this is not.
Speaker 1: That, this is this is not in the book at all. So it from the books rained Targary and this is like first century Targarian rule, like year forty nine. Had a friend named Alyssa Farman and they were kind of close, and there was two other people they were very close with them. They would ride the dragon dream Fire together, very very close, and at some point Alyssa left it took the dragon eggs and disappeared. So it has been it's been, it's been wondered about, like are these the eggs that get to Denari's And if they are, then what happened to the other two? Because there's we see five here, So it's very interesting. This is a this is a very tantalizing moment. So Alice reveals the eggs, says they've been hidden here for one hundred years, which the math checks out. That would that would be right for if they are indeed rain At Targarian's eggs taken by Alisa Farman. Alice says, here's the pitch. We stay here as a team in Haron Hall. Hatch the eggs. We have our dragons. You don't need Vagar anymore. Now you've got five dragons, and we can build on the ancient magical strength that is here in Heron Hall. Let everybody, gods and everybody else turn their backs on us. We will build our own fortune here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She I was gonna say, she has that great moment where she says, I'll be the lady of the water and you can be my dragon. Lord. Very Arthurian, this kind of notion that she will become the protector of the waters of Haaren Hall. Then, you know, I kind of like the idea that they would be this almost romantic haunting couple that would kind of stop people coming to Haaren Hall, and they'd almost be more like phantoms than real. It sounds very cool. If I was aimant, he's had a shit life. She in a great pitch, sounds very good. Have a girlfriend, have a mother figure, have sex with someone, consentually kill people when they show up, have five dragons. I mean it sounds good to me. Like, well, I barely ever done for.
Speaker 1: You now the dragons, of course, it would take a long time for them to grow up in mature but still, yeah, I agree, it's a good pitch. We go to the Red Keep the Throne Room. Veraniera is meeting with her petitioners. She's blaming the entire economic situation on Torn Mandrly, master of point. She's like, listen, take it up with Torn Manderly, Like, I don't know what I I don't know what to do to tell you. One of the Silent Sisters comes to the front and brings news that one of the Silent Sisters was assaulted, and the Queen's like, well, I'll light a candle for her.
Speaker 2: That's just terrible, babe. She's like, I'll do it next time I go to the set. Then everyone goes, they're like what do you mean. They're like, these actually assaulted and kidnapped, like do something about it. Cobab Babe.
Speaker 1: Another complains that the city watchesn't around, they've left their posts, and the queen is like, well, listen, I've petitioned for the Valarian army to come back and take up their posts. No one is satisfied with this, and the queen is like, meeting adjourned, she leaves it. As she leaves, she cuts.
Speaker 2: Her just before she and we start to get that idea, like you said, from the books of this, like is she meant for the throne? Also, very interestingly, we kind of get that overwhelmed feeling again of it's almost like Ranera as a child, was told she would be on the throne, and once she's back on the throne, she's back in that child like mentality. It's like she doesn't know how to rule, nobody actually taught her right, and she's just suddenly so over one. I mean, she just fucking storms out. I've never seen her like that.
Speaker 1: Her saying in response to news that a silent sister has been attacked is like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll pray for her.
Speaker 1: I'll pray for her.
Speaker 2: Present so sad, so bad.
Speaker 1: Damon is a one man gold cloak cadre. He's in gold cloak uniform walking around trying to draw out Rmon spies and it works. He manages to ambush one of these attackers. The main guy puts a knife to his throat and is like, you know, how many? Where are they? Who are they? The man you know is clearly very very committed to this mission. He says, listen, we're everywhere. We will never rest. We will kill you all. We won't rest until Daryn takes his rateful place. You see the coin. I love the coin. I need to see him on the on the throne, and we won't rest until he's on the throne. Damon kills him. And on the way out after killing this guy and just like leaving his body.
Speaker 2: He are Crisis Jason here.
Speaker 1: Crisis leaves this guy's body in an alley, which I would I would think that you would want to like put his head on a spike and be like, look what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would like if I was them, I would put it on a spike and then I would do some graffiti that was like the people for Queen Reniera, Like I'd pretend it was like other people against them. So like if there were supporters. But he is on a high. He's making stupid choices. He's not being a strategist. He's letting his emotions lead him and Jason. I fear that this goes along with me with Renera not just legitimizing Callus's kids, because I think she should have done it diplomacy wise. This is going to be up there for me with that. Choices that these two make this season.
Speaker 1: Well that yeah, I mean the next choice that he makes is perhaps the most devastating, right, maybe you could argue that it was justified. He runs into Alf as he's leaving where he killed the guy, and he's like, what are you doing here? You should shouldn't he be in the Red keep like underguard, Like why are you walking around? And ELF's like, well, you know, I'm just going to the tavern or whatever. I'm taking the air. You know, a man needs his pleasures. Damon beats this guy's ass in the street just like and she just absolutely humiliates him in front of everyone and then says, set footing in the city again, and I'll put out your eyes and we know that this is not gonna go an.
Speaker 2: I gotta be real. I think that this undermines Damon's own understanding and representation of what the Taugarians are, because I think he is forgetting that Ulf is a dragon seed, and I think I think that by doing this, it really not only obviously is terrible diplomacy. Off's gonna betray you, Like that's just so obvious at this point, but not just that you are literally like I get that you're meant to be the more powerful dragon, but you're kind of showing that he's just a human right, like he's it's weird to choose to put him in his place, because that, to me is like a dragon rider under the boot of another man, Like it just doesn't look strong. It's a bad choice on every level.
Speaker 1: I completely agree. We go to Tumbleton, Hugh steals.
Speaker 2: A wagon, talking of bad decisions.
Speaker 1: I assume Ki kills just like a regular, definitely takes the wagon, sneaks into the city. Meanwhile, Ormond is having dinner with Darren GWayne. They're talking about various hands of the King. Ormond is like Corlus those really.
Speaker 3: Is a dirty bitch, But have to admit that Corlis was a good choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and shit about like he's well bread, he doesn't have the I like, I actually interestingly in great writing here for me, because you basically get Ormond saying something that is unfortunately very true in the case of what is going on right now with Olf and with you, which is the notion of like a striver, right, what will they do for the power that they need to protect their family? You can't trust them, whereas someone like carll Us at least allegedly follows these kind of loyal rules of the higher ups, right, and isn't going to stab you in the back allegedly. I love this cut because Ormond fucking sucks, but it's also just true in that moment. It's fucking true.
Speaker 1: So he's you know, Ormond has a high opinion of Corlis, which is correct. But dinner is interrupted when men come in. Brathian men seemingly the ones that are there, seemingly the ones that met with Rinia, but it's hard to tell because they are so covered in shit stinky. They're like covered head toe in horseshit and mud.
Speaker 2: Ormond is just like somebody told Granera that Ormond was a sis tipped to poop smells.
Speaker 1: Ormond is like staggering from the from the stitch.
Speaker 2: I will say, you know, good boy. Women, if I was like your nanny in the sept or whatever, I'd be like, you did a good job. Because he does say to them, well met, he manages to get that, he manages to choke and runs away. Well man, he can't.
Speaker 1: He can barely concentrate. Meanwhile, GWayne immediately understands that this is some sort of trick and he, along with Bull John Roxton, swinging to action and kind of just like unilaterally slay these these interlopers. Meanwhile, elsewhere in the city, Hugh finds his wife. It's like, babe, babe, babe, I'm here, I got the dragon outside, I stole the way. Let's get out of here. Let's let's go, go go. She's like, first of all, where you men, I've heard nothing from you. You don't understand what we've been going through. Do you understand what like women alone, yeah, on the road have to deal with.
Speaker 2: And she's also like, you did all this for a fucking dragon, Like that's what this is for. You think I care about fucking money? Like we were happy before.
Speaker 1: Fuck you TLDR. She doesn't want to leave no elsewhere GWayne and Ormond later on GWayne and Ormond watched Daryn Train. Ormond apologizes to GWayne. He's like, maybe, cousin, maybe I treated you a little same, thank you for thank you for saving my life from the shit stinking men. And by the way, if you want to go back to old town, go ahead. I will hold I will not hold it against you. And Queen's like, why are you so?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What do you have planned? And Ormond just kind of smirks because saying.
Speaker 2: I also want to say, I love that The reason that GWayne knew that it wasn't the Barathians is because like he didn't want to fuck the guy who said he was Arian Bathian and he was like, nah, he's way more commonly usually a nice.
Speaker 1: None is handsome.
Speaker 2: Not here's the other one. That's how he's like perfect. I also love in this moment. I feel like, you know, GWayne, he's got the name, that's the classic Arthurian name, right, He's the he's the hero. I like him. The moment that he gets what Ormond, he gets what he essentially told there and he wants, which is like the approval to go back to old town. But in that moment he understands the Ormond saying that is a red flag, and he kind of has this moment of okay, but what's the real plan? And I love that because you're kind of seeing that heroic flame lit back inside him.
Speaker 1: In the red keep, Allison goes Unira to beg for, you know, Helena, and have freedom of the castle. She's she needs that for her mental health. In return for that, She's like, I know where Amond is. By the way, I've been hiding that the whole time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, babe, you're doing such a Allison, you should have just you gotta be like, I just know. I just found out right now, right the second. And I didn't know before. I promise.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Amon's and heron hall. I've kind of been keeping that my hat. And Raniera is like, yeah, but Vagar's not there, like we've been looking there. And Alison is like, well, what you know? I said my.
Speaker 2: Son, Amon didn't say fuckinggo do I know?
Speaker 1: Because Helena has been having dreams about it. Raniera goes like like, stoo, literally.
Speaker 2: It's so funny too, because Alison obviously tells her and says it sounds crazy. You're not gonna believe me. But she doesn't obviously know like Vissiri's didn't really tell her about the history of the Talgarians and the Dreamers. I love the Scooby Doo pulled Jason because she really is like that. She's like, who do yeah, like when she's a Dreamer, hold on us say now, Waitra is.
Speaker 1: Extremely interested and you can see the wheels training. How can I turn this to my advantage? And she develops a new plan now, which is use Alison to somehow lure Aimond out of heron Hall or something like.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, yeah, it's it's unclear. I think essentially she wants to send Alison with a sword who can then kill Aimond.
Speaker 1: She wants to Alison is going to go to heron Hall. That much is clear. Allison does want to.
Speaker 2: I get what choices By the way, Jason another incredible part of why I feel like Condor and the team are leaning into this unknown time with Alison Aimond, because obviously Allison didn't go to Haren Hall in the books, right, Like, this is going to be another section that we're going to get to learn about through the show, which I think is very exciting.
Speaker 1: So Alison goes to Lenna's like, listen, I am going somewhere so you can refree, okay, and you need to take advantage of this chance I'm giving you. Just grab it with both arms. Helena, meanwhile, once is like really thinking about like the path that brought them here, why do you marry me to my brother? And Allison's like, you know that was my father, you know that's what that's what, That's what my dad wanted. The Sarah's agreed with it. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: She's also kind of like, and I knew what she really admits is like and I kind of allowed it even though it was gross, because then you'd be here and I'd be able to see you.
Speaker 1: She Helena finally eats, and you get the sense that she has made her mind up about something.
Speaker 2: Whatever she's planning is not Allison's plan, Like she realizes in that moment that she has to do this for herself, whatever version of her, And obviously I would assume may law is growing in her belly. She is deciding to protect them over whatever scheme Allison has, and ironically I wouldn't be surprised to see. I hope she chooses someone more trustworthy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Helena tried to enlist massari Or in whatever she does next, because he was the first person who's like turned on Nera in front of her.
Speaker 1: Allison heads off on this mission crazy meanwhile, or While brings news that she brings news that there's a bloody shortcoat that has like arrived, which means that the attempted assassination on Ormond has failed. We go to the river lands where Corlis is just watching the bodies swing from the tree in the evening breeze. He's drinking his ale and having a grand nostalgic. He's like, maybe I love, maybe I'm.
Speaker 2: Hanging off men.
Speaker 1: He makes a speech to his men, telling him like all this stuff the blades are needed in this city. But shortly after that, Bold John Robson's really getting around emerges from the shadows and captures Corless.
Speaker 2: It is a capture, right, because I feel like it. It looks like a kill, but I think it's a fature.
Speaker 1: It's a capture. Let's see a quick break and we'll be back to discuss the SubCom and we're back.
Speaker 2: Why did you bang off? This is definitely getting to the kind of like season four or five Game of Thrones where every episode has like really six or seven like major kind of peace moving moments, and I love it. Your computer is just telling me like thumbs down. It's like you suck. This thing's terrible. No, I don't know what it is. It's just that weird apple thing. It was really funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot here to to really grab a hold of it. I am still like kind of mesmerized by the five Eggs reviewal.
Speaker 2: That's my biggest takeaway.
Speaker 1: No mention of alyssa farman who steals the eggs and makes off with them. But it certainly seems to be the original Raina Targerians Dreamfire eggs. So that is quite interesting and a wonderful kind of thread to connect to Denaries Diaberi in and again makes you wonder, like what happened to the other two eggs? Is the three were on their way out.
Speaker 2: There, That's what I'm wondering. Also, I would like to ask this this is obviously like sorry to put creators. That's going to make you grown, especially because George is a king of multiple naming. But I mean, is there a version where Alice Rivers is Alyssa Farnham and stole them and then went to Harron Hall and got cursed for stealing them, and that's why she is stuck there. Now. It's kind of this witch like is there a version of that or is this just the classic George does similar names, because obviously this is Ryan's adaptation at this point.
Speaker 1: I would I would very much doubt that Alissa Farman was from the Westerlands and from fair Islands in the Sunset Sea, Okay, the infamous sea that you can sail west and you just keep going and you never find anything. And Alice is too connected to Heron Hall and the Riverlands cultures and true true, and it I guess there's a world in which if Alissa Farmon has been here for one hundred years, that she would learn that stuff. But I just I don't yes, since that at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, what do you think now that we've had the reveal? Do you think that this is about more for Alice than just Haaren Hall, or do you think it truly is about securing Haaren Hall and the Riverlands for herself as like a safe place to just kind of exist without the constant interruptions of men kind of circy ish, like, what do you feel like, do you think she has bigger canations or it's that personal.
Speaker 1: It's about heron Hall somehow, but we don't know how. I mean, she's she's been singularly focused, whether it was Damon in the previous season Aimon now she wants Gary in here. She and she wants someone to give her the castle like she tried to get it from Damon. Now she's hoping that with Amen they can just take it by force, with like hatching these dragons and just staying there and building some kind of rogue kingdom like they're on their own. But whatever the case, she wants heron a why we don't know yet, but she wants it. I think that much is clear. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do. I agree. I think there's something very interesting about how much she wants it, and she talks of this ancient power, but she doesn't seem to have the ambitions of other people in wester Ross, where she doesn't even have a Denari's style ambition of breaking the wheel. It seems to me that it is about it. I also am interested somebody who just loves like fairy tales and folklore and stuff. I wonder if there is a version where she almost like is Haroen Hall, Like she is the spirit of Haroen Hall personified or something, and that in itself is the curse to live as like the horrors of Haaren Hall. I don't know. I love her character, and I think like the expansion for me here, especially playing with Amond, who is just such an intriguing and like villainous character but also so complex, is really broadening out the potential of the magical aspects of the show in a way I wasn't expecting. And I think connecting that to the dragon's eggs is really really interesting. Obviously, we get that moment where Amon says it's warm, the implication being that the egg he can feel it. Now, is that an alice uh kind of implication or like magic to make him imagine what could happen? Or do you think that they are implying that with the two of them and the power of Haaren Hall, he could maybe speed up hatching the eggs.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I'm not sure. Well, you know, dragonings are just kind of hatching regularly there, Like, it's not.
Speaker 2: True, It's not like Denari's times.
Speaker 1: Yet it's not seen as a whatever the recipe is for hatching them, whether or not the Targerians know what that process is, they are just simply hatching during this period in time. So I don't think. I don't think Amen would consider it difficult at.
Speaker 2: All to hatch, at least even if it was at least like four or five or three or five of the eggs.
Speaker 1: I think he would think would probably hatch. Should we talk about Massaria, who continues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, let's talk about some strategic players, Jason. We can start with Massaria for sure. I think she's going to be out at this point. I've joined the team. I'm draft to kick her out make of the Janets or whatever it is. She does not have the juice. The one whisper she did get, she didn't give it to you on.
Speaker 1: Her I think her whole. I think her ability to do her job was limited in the first place, and it's been severely discombobulated by her own personal feelings for Vernier, which I think are overriding common sense, like whatever you would you know, obviously her and Damon have like a acrimonious personal history, but like Damon is not wrong that like the city watches a problem and something needs to be done, and Missaria it feels like only objects to whatever he has to say because she, at any cost wants to separate.
Speaker 2: It's giving like work wife and real wife. You know, It's like now suddenly all three of you are together and it's like who's in charge. It's very stressful. I don't think she's got the Jews some Fortunately, for a while, I did feel like maybe she had some machinations we didn't know about. But I'm starting to fear no that she doesn't, and not just that her rolodex is not deep in kings Landing. Well, that's what I'm saying, Jason, I haven't seen one spy. She's asking the people. I'm fucking ran now as Queen's God to do shit for her, Like, no, have your own people? Where are your little birds? Babe?
Speaker 1: She has?
Speaker 2: She's got no one, She got no rolodex, she got no sources, she got no scoops. She couldn't even scoop the pregnancy she has.
Speaker 1: She has Madame Sylvie from the brothel, and that's it. That's like the only phone number, like in.
Speaker 2: Singular source, not enough to do journalism from ll be doing whispers. Jason, I want to ask you coming in about strategy if you're looking at Lord wormand High Tower's strategy. I was very interested to see Gwain's response because I'm not gonna lie. From the way that we are being shown him right now, he's looking like he's doing pretty good, Like it's a crazy swing. But I feel like fromm we've seen a lot of it from his perspective, within his walls, his kind of fanaticism. I think GWayne coming in kind of made me realize, actually, really all he has is Tumbleton, and we don't really know whether this threat of the people of King's Landing or these kind of huge network of spies is true or kind of bombastically overstated. Where do you feel like he is going with this and do you feel, like GWayne, do you feel like there has to be another part of the plan and ace off his sleeve that we don't know.
Speaker 1: Ormond is acting too confident despite being in a position that, as GWayne and many others have noted like, seems very very exposed, like there's dragons right there on the outside, they can come and kill everybody, Like, yes, you're banking on the queen not wanting to create a bad image from her regime by every thing.
Speaker 2: To rely on because she yeah.
Speaker 1: But or certainly like Damon doesn't care, Like there are hard line elements within her small council that you could imagine winning an argument one day and just like they descend on you and kill everybody. So and there's this huge army that is just like searching for an intact bridge and at some point is going to find it and be and be on you. So why are you so calm? Like what do you have? There must be.
Speaker 2: Bere if I So this is so annoying, he because I'm trying to think about my craziest theories. Obviously Otto dead, that would have been a huge pull out if he'd have been helping ri if he to that man, there's no way that Darron's dragon could be connected to a different dragon. Writer, And I don't think that Darron is gonna fly the dragon to fight against Venera, And even if he did, it wouldn't be some huge win right to have one dragon. I'm trying to think what it could be, and like who it could be? That would be such a shock, I mean, who could I.
Speaker 1: Mean, listen, they've been, they've been, they've been bread crumbing for over a season now, yeah, is unhappy with his Is there a world in which hu Ormond knows about that?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, he could be feeling like he could end up with three dragons and suddenly Rinera would only have four, I think, and then he would have three and even field.
Speaker 1: So I think I do wonder if it's that, huh. But also like I don't know how.
Speaker 2: He would have no mean, yeah, I mean he does obviously Hugh's wife being in Tumbleton, like he's gonna have on the ground hold on.
Speaker 1: In the original In the original meeting between Damon and Ormond, when he's getting the surrender and he receives the fake Darren, Damon does shiit on off a little bit, just like fu, shut up, bitch. Yeah, And so you do wonder if Ormond noticed. Maybe Ormond noticed that's and that is pre him obviously, this is just in the field, This is pre him going to Tumblelon it. It may be there be in contact with all Howardy.
Speaker 2: The funny thing though, is I feel like even then that's a great poll for them. But as we know, Hu and Oflf are not particularly reliable. Like that's so I'm like, again, I would hope Ormond has a crazier poll. I mean, the funniest thing is like, what's the crazy The only character I don't think they're gonna do this, okay, but the only character who we know is we know is alive and everyone else thinks it's dead is the nearest husband, the gay, the gay valerian. There's no way they can pull him back out. There's no way. Right.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's not coming, there's no.
Speaker 2: Way, but I would. I hope he gets to live happily ever after with his gay boyfriend.
Speaker 1: He is absolutely well. We're going to continue to follow House of the Dragon all season. On the next episode of X ray Vision, we're diving into X Men ninety seven, season two, episode five. That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening. Bye. X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Sepsion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 1: Our supervising producer is Abu Zafar.
Speaker 2: Our producers are Common Laurent, Dean Jonathan, and Bay Wack.
Speaker 1: Our theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kaufman
Speaker 2: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman, and Heidi Our discord moderate, though