Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 2: At the Star.
Speaker 1: Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony Dorset, Demntrey More and Newi Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Newie is out on assignment, so your boy j Holly aka Sualtan Pepper Poppy is sitting in the pravers seat. Listen, Popy Baby, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: We got Barry Church and Anthony door set and fellas. Some tragic news came down a week ago for the Dallas Cowboys with the untimely passing of defensive end twenty four year olds. Then Marshawn Neeland and we don't have to get into the details of it all, but I just wanted to open up and give you guys space and room because mental health is something that a lot of us deal with. I know personally. I talked about it on the last show, so I won't eat up the airtime with that again on this show. But mental health is something that a lot of athletes, a lot of people in general deal with and i'd set me personally, I deal with those things as well, because there are so many pressures that a lot of people don't realize that athletes have to go to. Not only just being able to perform Sunday in and Sunday out, you know, but there are things that you know, a guy coming to take your spot, the coach has been on you contract year, dealing with injuries, battling it, and that's not even dealing with the home stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, You're just dealing with the stuff in the building.
Speaker 2: You dealing with stuff in the building. You know, the media critique and the team's not playing well, and you know you have expectations for yourself and you're not living up to them, and so you're a critique in yourself. And again that's all in the building stressors, nothing to do what's going on, you know at home and you know Marshawn, you know whose mom passed eighteen months ago. So you know, sometimes people don't get over those type of things. If you're lose, if you lose a parent or dealing with whatever. There's a multitude things that we can talk about in this but I wanted to give the open space for guys to talk about, you know, this type of situation and if you deal with you know, mental health, what are some of the things that you do to kind of help you win the day to day battle. So I'll open up the floor to you, you know, oh for sure.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, when it comes to you know, mental health and all that stuff, I'm serious on that as well, because you know, from a young age going off through football, you're.
Speaker 2: Kind of taught to suppress that stuff.
Speaker 5: You know, don't complain or you know, don't cry on the football field, and you know, don't let emotions. You know, as men, you kind of are to growing up to suppress that and it all comes to a point where you know, it boils over. I mean we've seen it happen time and time again. But when it comes to you know, to lots of h Marshawn, it's it's extremely tough man and and you know, it kind of threw me back to when I had lots of teammate of my own, Jerry Brown, you know, during that on that whole whole ordeal.
Speaker 2: And it's super sad because you know these guys are young.
Speaker 5: I mean at twenty four, you know what I'm saying what you do, what can you imagine you know the rest of that life to be. And it's just so young, man, so young, and so tragic. So it's extremely sad. And that's why I always say, man, check on your people.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: You know, it's just not even you don't even have to be like a full hour long conversation, just a text message just to hey, how you doing?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: You know what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: You know, hollow things going because you never know, you know, you might text the right person that day that needs somebody to talk to, and you need somebody to vent out to. And so I always encourage people to just reach out and if you can yourself a group.
Speaker 2: They don't even have to be a group.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's just spousal, your loved one, just someone that you can regularly talk to, you know, maybe once a week. There's nothing wrong with therapy. I'm just venting on It could be you know, how great life is going, or it.
Speaker 2: Could be the struggles that's going on.
Speaker 5: But just venting and getting you know, those emotions off of your body, man, is definitely a.
Speaker 2: Huge for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for me, mental health is it's the forefront of everything. I realize it now being fortunate enough to you know what, this is a special occasion. We actually got four players here now at the show and shout out to Newly. He's seen this time and time again. Working in this industry for over two plus decades. Within itself, you get to meet different people, You get to meet different personality.
Speaker 3: We always make that ongoing joke when we're young, Hey, you gotta be a little different to play football.
Speaker 6: You gotta be a man's man, like there's something that's not wired right with you to make it to this level, to go want to hit a man at full speed, high collision and all this. And it's like my dad, I'm a walking cook, Liz. My dad always said there's some truth behind every joke. You sit there and say that somebody's not wired right, Well, you don't know that. For me, I've been that guy. I'm the guy that is always smiling in the room. I have ADHD, I've suffer from PTSD. I go to counseling at least twice a week and not shout out to the NFL trust. You know, they offer resources to where we can go to counseling. And for me, it wasn't until my friend de Marus Thomas, he passed away, going and seeing him growing up, watching guys like marrying the Barbarian going through like him to be this iconic guy, and we lost him a few years ago. There's been a list of multiple tude of guys that towards the end of my playing career, I was like, I know that I've been the emotional guy. I know I'm the guy that's always ready to turn on and turn on that light switch. But my biggest fear is when I got off that field. Whenever this comes to I didn't realize how therapeutic football was for me and my connections that I started to reach out and we were just talking about it before we got on air. AD I went and did the brain and body assessment this past weekend and to really just truly go out there and see your body and how it's working and what's going on. I really challenged people too. And when I say challenge people, I'm looking at you all as players, because we all got our own niche. You talk all the time about your dad and his friends, and you experiencing them and not only them. You're at the age now to where a lot of your peers are either still here or not here. I'm at the age I think I'm the youngest one at this table going through that big dog he's salt pepper popular age out there. But you up there, like we all got four different generations of football that is going on right here. And when I do motivational speaking, I go and talk to people like we've always been told man up, don't do this and do that. Well, truly, manning up is saying that, Hey, we all go through a motion like I'm that guy and Barry, I tell you I love Barry and ad no.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 6: But how many times do I call y'all? And I'm trying to get a point across, But it's like, I don't just call once, like I know we say pick up a phone, call and text somebody and do this and that. It's not only us at this table, but I'm talking to America looking at y'all. Call that person, and when you call them, don't just call them once. Don't just call them twice. If it's really on your spirit, call them three times. Because I tell people all the time when I call, I'm gonna call you at least two times. And then if you don't answer me, and if it's important enough, I'm gonna call you that evening or that next day, and then you're gonna have three of them, just like it says in the Bible, things coming three. I want you to know that it was that important, because just as it was important and you reach out to these people, we always have that stigma as men, the biggest line and the biggest misconception that we always say, what do you say? How you doing, brother, I'm straight, I'm good, I'm making it and this and that, and they be like, okay, I got to the point cause people don't realize when you're on Instagram and you're posting. Some people post to say hey, I need motivation, But a lot of the time, as players, we're posting for ourselves. We're posting them. We say, hey, it was only one person. Because we feel alone, we feel isolated. We got to remind ourselves that we're still that guy. We're posting the old highlights and stuff like that, and fans are out there like, hey man, you were great, you were doing this and that, and that little reassurance kind of brings us back to reality. And I'll call my boys and be like, hey, bro, you sure you good, because I see the way that you're posting, and even if you're not, this is what I went through, brother, and so I just want to make sure you're good. And every time I get done with one of them conversations, I always get the man, I really appreciate it because I really wasn't gonna answer you. I really was like, man, what d Moore won't and this and that, and it was like the fact that you were vulnerable with me.
Speaker 3: I really have been going through that.
Speaker 6: And it gets to the point to where now we talk for a week or two, and then after that we might not talk for a whole another year. But now so you're on my list, keep calling you. And that's what I'm saying right now. With everybody's going through this, shout out to my dog Solomon Thomas. He's been going through the mental health battle with dealing with his sister's passing defensive linemen where they talk about mental health. I encourage every Dallas Cowboy fan, if y'all truly love Kneeland, if y'all truly love these players and anybody, reach out to their foundations and when you go through these foundations, help them. But just send them that message to let them know that you're there, because this twenty four is too young. Regardless of the situation, It's not just him. We're talking about a whole generation that has been tooken away from us. This man is a potential future father, This man is somebody's son, This man is somebody brother, cousin, and stuff like that. For these teammates that are going in there leaving flowers here, you after a bye week like this, you have to come in in the first day. You have to do is sit here and remember that your brother is not there. Like that is a lot. And guess what, at the end of the day, They're still going to have a game at the end of this week. And that's what makes it so tough. So as much as y'all think these NFL player guys are the guys.
Speaker 3: They're human.
Speaker 6: We're all human, and we once we can get back to having empathy and just check him on everybody, we can truly be here for each other because, like you said, you never know.
Speaker 3: This guy had a smile. He was a part of a biker club.
Speaker 6: Like I seen one of his best friends was like, man, I ain't gonna be able.
Speaker 3: To ride down the road with him.
Speaker 6: Boy, seeing that that young man twenty four years old doing them tricks on them bikes with that guy and he was a completely different nationality. Like he has touched everybody soul. Like this game of football brings us so many opportunities to get to know people. But that's what hurts so much is that now that you know him as a player, now that you get to realize that this is a family. This is real, bro, This ain't just collisions, this ain't just a tackle.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now you know. It's very sad, you know, and just to keep it a buck twenty four years old, and you wonder, and there's so many questions that we all have, you know, and there's a lot of questions that just be answered, you know, unfortunately. But when you look at it and everything goes hand in hand. Sports psychology is so big and mental mental health is just as big as added at the same time, you know. And I will go as far as to say, before CT actually had a name, and before everybody understood what was going on, you had so many dudes Muddy Waters, Junior Seau, like all these different big name players who are actually taking their lives but doing it in the and and in the sense of leaving their brain untapped. Okay, like I'm gonna take myself, but I'm gonna leave this because this needs to be studied. And one of the things I feel like I'm so fortunate about, even though my dad having CTE, is that, thank God that it didn't get to the place where he actually felt like he had to harm himself in any kind of way. You know, And just like we all said, you know, as as men, we're always taught, especially in this profession profession, to be as bravado and to be as strong and as be just as as as brave as you can be as a man. And a lot of times that does mean diminishing your feelings or stepping behind something. But at the end of the day, like like we already know, if there's no outlet and you have no no source of actually relieving yourself or venting or getting that stuff up, it's just it is gonna come to a head. And as it's at some point in time, something's gonna happen, You're gonna explode. It's going to be an outbreak, outburst or anything. But you just want that place to be able to have a place. Like you said, it doesn't matter if it's five people or one person. Just be able to communicate and and and be vulnerable enough to be true and and and and and help yourself and help somebody else at the same time. Because those conversations that you talk about, they're just not benefiting you. When I make that phone call, they're benefiting both of us, you know what I mean. And so you know, like and and and and I say this to you guys in here, like, hey man, we got to check on each other. We have to and and and it is so detrimental and so important. But to have a loss like this, man, it like you know, I really feel bad.
Speaker 6: And I just I be remiss if I didn't emphasize that when we say check on each other, not just a simple text, not just a simple cause, do it more than once. Be intentional with it, because just as much as you want to give the help, they have to receive the help. But they have to know that they whoever is receiving this information that they genuinely wanted doing that.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: That's the whole thing. Man, in all aspects and walks of life.
Speaker 3: If you can leave with love brings up to everybody in that situation involved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, incredibly tough situation and like you mentioned, man, such a young life is so much future ahead of him with the potential of being a dad coming down the pipe.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's a tough situation. It's one that there is no script for, there is no blueprint for. You don't know how to proceed with it, you don't know how to.
Speaker 6: Go on for it.
Speaker 2: And fortunately, but unfortunately, this is a business. Yeah, this is a business and somehow, some way, and this is the reality of it all is these guys have to come back into this building face this situation, but also understand that seven days from today you have a football game that have to be played.
Speaker 6: And that's the tough part. Like how do you are at least not to cut you off, Jesse, but we know how you do it. You're young, you gotta do this. The job is going to be. It sucks that we're talking about a big empathetic moment and a human being, but also in the realization that you're still a cog in this machine that's going to keep going. Like some people that maybe wasn't as close to him, some people that's waiting for the opportunity. They're gonna be like, yeah, we gotta get out here and going. But there's a lot of people that felt like that was their brother and guess what, They're still going to go, But what type of emotional I remember when the news broke about Demarus Thomas passed away and I was on the field and I just kept crying like I'm up there, like coaches like, hey, do you need a day and stuff like that, and I'm like, nah, I still got to play. Like if I don't play, I don't have this. And so for some people, this is going to be their outlet. But when this outlet is done, when this off season come, when they go home after practice and it's like dang. Normally when you pick up and call your boy and tell them to come over and come kick it and play the game and stuff like that, that's when it's going to hit all over again. So not only do they have to process a game plan going out their process to go play one of the physical, most physical game on this earth, they got a process of grief dominating thing, which is grief.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough, man, it is tough. And our thoughts and our prayers goes out to Marshawn's family both near and far, and of course Marshawn's teammates that are right down the hall, and they have to find a way to somehow compartmentalize this and grieve also and more also while preparing to do a job that they've been paid to do. And it's it's an unfortunate situation. And I'll leave with this is for those who may be dealing with certain things. Find your community, get you know, call someone, get therapy. If those if there's someone who would listen, and I have I have people who are professionals therapists who've already reached out to me and said Jesse Holly, if there's some people that you know that need professional help, I will do it. We will do it for free. So there are people are out there who are watching this today, or watching the players' lones or hearing the sound of my voice, who are looking for help and maybe can't afford it right now because I know that things are crazy in the in the economy. Reach out to me. I have professional people who are willing to help you because you matter, You matter to us, you matter to someone so and we want you here to help you work through this. So there's no way to transition. But we'll take our first break of the show, and when we come back, football has to be played, and so we'll talk about the new additions to the Cowboys and how that could potentially help them go on the run that they need to for the rest of the season. This is the players allowns. We'll be right back. Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a PROWN sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 8: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff, gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, Slash Hugo, Boss Hugo and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: Celebrate the season at Cowboys Christmas is stravaganct power by Reliant at the Star in Fritzco. Join us every Friday and Saturday from November twenty first. Yes you heard it right, Let me say it again November twenty first to December twentieth, Yes, sir for a electrifying holiday performance. For details, visit thestardistrict dot com. Do not miss out on the Christmases stravaganc.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys season continues right now. The Cowboys sit at three five and one, and things look daunting, right it looks It looks rather daunting. The trade deadline has come and gone, and the Cowboys had added some couple of players to their to their roster. They went and they traded for Logan Wilson, linebacker of the Cincinnati Bengals. And then they brought in Quinnin Williams, big.
Speaker 4: Dog, the lead from the New York Jets.
Speaker 2: In addition to you heard Steven and Jerry and others talk about, hey, we got some we got some guys that are getting healthy and on the come. Most people didn't talk about it. But Kaylen Carson, right, he played last week. Didn't do too bad, so you didn't even didn't even recognize him out there, right, you know, the game was kind of out way out of rack a little bit, but didn't do too bad. Didn't too too bad, went back and watched the game. Didn't do too bad. This is a guy who's still trying to feel his way out. You get de Mariano Overshow returning. You get savone rebel junior returning, excited to see him. So my question is Anthony dor said, what the Cowboys have returning from this by the health, the health should be good on here on out as far as tarking games, and the Cowboys realistically make a run and get themselves in a position to make the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I'm not dealing with any numbers right now because I don't know numbers like that, all right, But now to say what the Cowboys have actually done structurally to the D line and to the defense, I can relate it back to guys that I actually played with and some of you guys might remember these names, Grady Jackson and Daryl.
Speaker 3: Russell, all right.
Speaker 4: D Russ was a third pick of the draft out of USC D tackle similar to Quinn Williams, can ruin the drill it and take over the game at any time that he wanted to, right. And then you had Grady Jackson too as well. And then on the outside, of course, we had a couple of dudes who and I'm not saying when I said a couple dudes, I don't mean to omit their names and like they're just guys, but we had some decent pass rushers at the same time. Once they were able to clog up that middle, all right, and now the quarterback is not able to release and come straight up the middle, and you got the pressure coming on the outside. First of all, it's like everybody's going to benefit as far as with pressures and everything on the d line from having both of these dudes Kenny Clark and quinnin out there now starting to show exactly So now that rotation definitely increases, and now you've got another man in there, and it's all about keeping d lineing fresh. We know how that works out right, Okay, then to hear that Overshawan is coming back, who was one of the bright spots of the defense last year before he got hurt. I mean he was sidelined the sideline, he making interceptions, recovery, whatever the case may be. The Revel kid, everybody's been waiting to hear to see him play because his upside and everything that he had in college and just his background story working at Amazon and doing this and doing that, just to have an opportunity. So what I'm looking at right now coming off this buy is I hope that there's a surge and number one confidence and just having this new uh, I guess you could say top level player on the team who can actually help to his play make everybody better every you know, like you know how it is, I go get in the secondary with Charles Wisson. I won't play like me, no mo, I won't try to get as close to be like Charles Wooson Eric out as possible. So like it made me have an accountability to try to be that much better to at the same time, and I just know that we all know this team needs a jump start, a boost of energy, a positive vibe right now, and and and these two guys, Wilson also the linebacker being and everybody coming back is definitely something that is generating some energy in a positive place for the Cowboys being So I'm hoping that whatever happens numerically, I know there's still second in the division, right Okay, so, and that's playing to their benefit out of the endang, but they've lost a lot of NFC teams at the same time, but still being second in the division. So I'm literally hoping, you know, And I'm not biased towards the Cowboys. I'm just biased towards good football. And I'm hoping that this actually makes the team a better team and his defense a lot better over these next few weeks.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 2: So Church, before you answer, can the Cowboys make a run?
Speaker 4: Because I do want And I'm sorry I didn't answer that. Yes, I think I hope they can make them. So I'm not I don't have any confidence in in the and for what I've seen thus far, but I do have confidence in them bringing them guys of this caliber. All right, what are you talking about? It's been it's like like we've had the conversation. There's been too much beating around the bush right around here instead of going straight through in and addressing issues and calling people out and holding them accountable. All right, you're bringing a guy who's top of his position at run, stopping and and and and.
Speaker 3: Being able to do what he can.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, you have to be optimistic in some kind of light here. And regardless if I ever played for the Cowboys and I I had a love affair for this team. Wait before y'all did, probably you know what I mean. So it goes back to like I want to see them succeed that I just don't believe in them all the time.
Speaker 3: And the fact is different. He asked you.
Speaker 6: He said, with the additions that they had, do you see them making the playoff?
Speaker 3: Really? I need yes to no hardball straight to the answer yes or no? Playoff? Ready with the additions or not?
Speaker 4: He gave me a nice with the additions, if the coaching goes right and they can get past the communication issues that have been on the team, I see a yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, Church to part that I want you to answer before you answer the part about can they make a push for the playoffs? Is you always talk about in football terms that the rush helps the coverage coverage helps the coverage, right, they're tired, hand in hand, right they go Russian cover goes hand in hand. Does the addition of Quinn Williams now give you a better because in the back end the Cowboys get cool. Does this type of addition give you faith that the boys will be able to defend on the back end better? I do believe, And why I do believe.
Speaker 5: And it is tough because it's not like they're adding you know, one of the top you know, past rushers in the National Football League.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Quin Williams is a flat out dog.
Speaker 5: He's a beast and you know, against the run, and he understands how to you know, create pressure for the middle of the field, which quarterbacks hate. Like when you you can always step up in the pocket if you getting drussed, but quarterbacks hate when that for the frontal pressure comes at you. But as much of a dog as Queen Quinn Williams is, he's not that Aaron Donald type of guy that can affect the quarterback as quickly as that as as Aaron Donald could. You know, he's a beast, but he's not particularly at that level. And I believe that's what the secondary needs most, right, now is somebody who can get the get the quarterback off of his spot immediately, like not giving this guy a chance to go through his progressions. And what we've seen so far this year, that's what all quarterbacks have been able to do against the secondary. They've been able to say, oh, all right, ones not there, two's not there, let me go back to one. Because we all all that you know, coverany series for that long. So it's gonna be tough for them to get that much better in the secondary when they still don't have that elite edge rusher. But where I think it'll help is a lot of these offensive linemen. They're gonna put a lot of tension on Quinn Williams rightfully, So this dude's a dog that should theoretically give the rest of these guys on that defensive line more one on one opportunities. Now, with that being said, can these guys consistently win those one on ones? We haven't seen that so far this year. Like I would love to see more from Dante Fowler. This is a guy that when he was here, you know a couple of years ago, double digit sack guy went to Washington double digit sack guy.
Speaker 2: This year he's not really producing that way. You gotta watch it. You gotta watch it.
Speaker 3: He's numbers.
Speaker 6: I didn't realize last game that he was leading the team in pressures in most QB hits even though he doesn't have the sack. Unless that was an inaccurate fact that the commentator gave us. He has the most QB hits on that D line. He just don't have the what you call it to back it up. So I just what he said. Let me just play devils at.
Speaker 5: And we see Clowny starting to clumb along a little bit as well. But you just need to see more consistently win on one on ones along this defensive line because they've had their opportunities. They've had it so helping the secondary in the back, and I believe he will come in and help, But not like astronomically where this.
Speaker 2: Is like a guy come off the edge just this.
Speaker 5: This secondary could just sit on routes that that's not the case as far as them making a run, you know, getting into this, this to the playoffs or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: You know, I gotta believe it.
Speaker 10: I was like, hey, I can't put the energy out there, like I ain't gonna be able to gotta believe that, and they are getting healthier in the secondary.
Speaker 2: So stop, they can make a run.
Speaker 5: Stop with the fluff, with this offense that they have, they can make a run.
Speaker 2: They can.
Speaker 5: You know, we've seen it, you know this up and down lady. But they can make a run. With the offensive they have and the additions of Quinn Williams and Logan Wilson, who I think is going to surprise a lot of cats, they can make a run, honestly in my opinion.
Speaker 6: But I've been, I've been, I've been to counseling, and I be remiss. I love what my counselor said, because we've been talking about counseling. They said, when you go in there and you're talking to somebody, you gotta give him the hamburger. You gotta give them the fluff, the dressing, and then the meat and the potatoes. Boy, y'all made a nice good burger with all that fluff. He that man salt Pepper Poppy asked, y'all said, based off of the Deep Watch.
Speaker 3: You can call it whatever you want.
Speaker 11: Bro.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, I'm good over here. I'm the epathy God. It's me.
Speaker 6: Anyways, he told y'all, he said, you that's been buris thing this whole season on the show. Oh, behind four, we trust, behind me, we do this. No, he asked y'all for the defense of players that they added, And you think that changed.
Speaker 2: That, well, I asked you the same question. Get give me the substance of the burger.
Speaker 3: Substance of the burger.
Speaker 6: They added enough defensive talent, and we all know that it takes something really big and momentum to happen during the season. I'm gonna say right now, with the turmoil that they had, they're gonna bond and stuff like that and hopefully come together with the star players that they have. I could see them maybe squeezing theirselfs into the playoffs, not so much as because of the defensive players. The defensive players are naturally are going to help them.
Speaker 4: Yes or no.
Speaker 6: The difference that you know how they say some people listen to rebuttal or something. First of all, you see you see, you see how y'all y'all just wanted to interrupt me. I said, I see them squeezing into the playoffs. I was about to get my direction of why I see them y'all started off with.
Speaker 3: All the other he asked for. He asked you, and I told you.
Speaker 6: I said, I see them squeezing theirself in the playoffs. And then he asked me, why do I this way? And like I said, it's not because of the players. Yes, they're gonna get better because these players are good, but the division is so trash right now. There is nothing that is It's not like you're over there with the Patriots who have came back. You're not talking about teams that are both going to be in double digit wins. We're talking about a week division that somebody's gonna make it in the playoffs with maybe eight, possibly nine, eight wins.
Speaker 3: They sorry about the whole NFC.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's that is the saving grace of why they're going to make it to the playoffs, not because the players, not because it's chinmatics, but the other teams are still leaving them in the fight. So that's why they might squeeze in there. Do you think the NFC is trash right now?
Speaker 3: The way that is going? You got, you got, what what is Washington doing? Washington?
Speaker 6: That's what I'm talking about their division them right there like out of those No, I'm talking about the East is so trashed like Washington's doing bad. Giants just fired their head coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but your three games behind the lead in Philly and they already have a game up on you. They do like the Path. In my opinion, the Path is not trying to win the that's that's you can pretty much you need an epicop Colli what you said.
Speaker 4: They need to figure out a way to squeeze up in there.
Speaker 2: You try to find a wild car situation. This is and this is and this is the part where they've kind of screwed themselves a little bit because in order to find a wild car you have to remember you lost to the Bears Arizona, Arizona, You tied the Packers and you lost, and you lost to the Carolina Panthers, all those teams that now your losses are you know, so now count end. It's tough because the Bears probably may get a spot.
Speaker 3: I think the NFC West, that's you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that back, you gotta hope that there's a collapse in Chicago and now all of a sudden they go from being I think they were five and eight, six and eight, start three and eight or Chicago is six and three. Right now, I'm gonna say five, and I'm keep saying the eight, five and three.
Speaker 5: Uh, which I think that can happen because their division, they're gonna eat each other up there. They got you still gonna have Detroit, Yeah, Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, like they're all gonna play each other.
Speaker 2: So that should work it so so how but that's what I'm saying, those teams in that division who are better than you get the wild card. That is true, and that's what that's what we got to get. That's so you got to try to find your way in through the back door.
Speaker 6: So how do they how do they find That's why I said, I don't think it happened.
Speaker 2: Is a very when like the next seven you gotta go seven to one in the last eight games, or at least six and two in the last And that's a tough.
Speaker 4: That's tough, very tough.
Speaker 2: That's just that's just you're asking a lot. And and when you talk about this.
Speaker 5: Team, it's like you need your big dogs to be the big dogs and go out there and play like you can't have flash in the pan, like oh my boy, old Digg doing this thing.
Speaker 2: But he's up and down like he's too he's too much of a roller coaster rat, you know.
Speaker 5: So it's like you got to your big dogs, got to step up and play consistently each and every week, and you just don't see that.
Speaker 3: From that And that's what I was going to ask you, all right, So.
Speaker 2: Hold that thought, hold that thought. Let us do our final break the show. We got to pay these bills, and when we come back, we'll pick up what demontre where you left off. And I do still want to ask the question because we have asked a question about do you think they can make a run? But also is this where you thought the Cowboys would be at this point in time of the season at the beginning of the year. They're looking at you, but but this is the players. Now stay right here with this will be right back.
Speaker 12: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 2: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 12: Overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recover. With forty five grams of pro Team, zero grams of Adage sugar and delicious customizable ingredients, and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie.
Speaker 2: Kim Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 2: It's game day and raising games.
Speaker 5: If you want to order like a channel, it's action off the field, you need to focus on.
Speaker 2: The holy play you're running is chicken. So what conbo are you picking? Make it a perfect season?
Speaker 13: We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made lemonade, all available to order online or on our I this season is about to be unbeatable, raising Caines chicken fingers one.
Speaker 14: Love, Hey Cowboy fans. Keith Davis here, former Cowboys Safe Davis the you know what separates Hamptons from the rest. Making the right move at the right moment with blockchain dot com, that's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking the bowld when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 11: To the players line, Yes sir, we're back.
Speaker 6: Capture the frameworthy holiday photos with Santana at the start.
Speaker 3: Present that by who.
Speaker 4: Said Santana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Santanna. You heard it right here?
Speaker 6: I know what Hey Yeah, Santana will be spending the holiday, yes sir, from November twenty first, all the way through Christmas Eve. For more information. To book your visit, head to the Star District dot Com slash Santana register before December seventh.
Speaker 3: You heard it. December seventh, you will saved five dollars Santan.
Speaker 6: They just said Santana at the start so leave it up to your imagination.
Speaker 2: How about Santa Star. There's no way, No, it's not there's no way. There's no way that you read it. There's no way.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you that give me it us just hand it over, trying to bail you out.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I know, I know. I kept. I kept. That's why I had to ride. I had to. I tried to go with it. I didn't think Chris is.
Speaker 2: Gonna No nobody that I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't believe.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you got what you got away with one earlier.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't get away one ear ear earlier, was right, I will I did. I messed up on the last I messed up on the last one.
Speaker 2: It was that was by the way, monument Reality, by the way, take a look, it's up.
Speaker 6: No, no hold on. So I'm a fat guy. So let's figure this out. So which one day I messed up on earlier?
Speaker 4: But it was you know what it was? It was during the the first segment, and so players up, you know, mess up up on that.
Speaker 6: Last one, I said, Santana, but I knew I missed. See I'm that type of kid that if I mess up, I'm just going take double down. You don't have to prove me wrong to double You don't have to. You don't have to have to.
Speaker 4: If you ever feel like you're doing something wrong, just look up at the people eyes.
Speaker 3: That's the problem. No, that's the problem. No, that's the problem. But because I.
Speaker 6: I was like, yeah, so that's the that's the thing, guys, you don't know crazy. If you have confidence, that's all that matters. They didn't even know that was good. Did the sniper did what he always doesn't come from the back?
Speaker 5: Look, whoa, whoa, Hey, okay snipers.
Speaker 2: All right, man, let's oh wow. I'm going on to man.
Speaker 3: You did that on air? It was you you. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Census is going to be here early, everybody, just so it's all right.
Speaker 4: You didn't got word on the back.
Speaker 7: You gotta worry about that right now, saying usb portest.
Speaker 3: I hope we don't go viral for this.
Speaker 2: For to all my Santana Santa's.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't do Chris, I don't even know that.
Speaker 2: Where was we going with this before? I don't even know. I don't even know defensive line. I guess.
Speaker 3: This money on this d line.
Speaker 2: So let's just lets do for in the show, so we talked about do we think the Cowboys what their recent additions, have enough to make a run. But let's take it even the step further and look back when you guys made your predictions earlier in the summer, if you got a round training camp, you know, did you guys see the Cowboys being here at three five and one midway through the season. I'll start yes, I'll start with did you feel the Cowboys are going to be at this place right here?
Speaker 6: Yes, they're right there on that mark I said about what I said about eight or nine wins depending on what was going to happen with the defense. I didn't think the offense was gonna be doing this good. I thought it was gonna be more evenly matched. I didn't think it would be so lopsided. But yeah, I didn't think it was. I didn't see playoffs like that. Okay, it was too much just going into the season. It was too many questions, Like I was really excited about the George picking stray him come in and I was like, Okay, hey, this is gonna give back another option. But with the questions that were running back the question of office line and then obviously defense, and then once Parsons was gone, it was like, oh, yeah, they're they're they're swimming uphill for me, So yeah, they're right around the mark line.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Anthony, this when you were looking at your preseason prediction of what the Cowboys are going to be this season, halfway through the season, did you think that it would look this way?
Speaker 4: I honestly thought that they might win about eight games this year, just I think me and Trey was in place. Did I expect it to look the way it has looked? Not at all? Like you I was questioning. You know, my biggest question all all summer in trending camp was the ring game. Never thought that Williams was gonna come here and turn out to be what he's turned out to be. Always have faith in Dak, but just never thought that the losses that they have accumulated, they would accumulate them the way that they did. You know, I thought that that literally they would beat the teams that we expected them to beat. I thought they would win those games. But nah, and and and like Trey said, I did see the issues with the defense, especially after Micah was gone.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and for me, I thought this team was have three more victories, man, Like I thought Chicago, Carolina, Arizona. I'm like, okay, those were marked on mine as like those are dub you know W's, you know, Green Bay.
Speaker 2: I thought they might take that l But when I looked at it, it.
Speaker 5: Was just like so far, I just didn't think that they would be where they are right now, and especially defensively. Like I knew they lost Michael Parsons and I knew I was gonna hurt, but the second to play, even before the injuries to Diggs and all that stuff, it was like, man, these guys don't communicate. You got too many busts in the coverages, like mental mistakes, and that's not something you see from a defense coach by flush like, because the system is so it's so simple where you could just it's one check here. It ain't like Rob Ryan system where he got a check for every single motion or if the guy looks this way, we're checking it that. It's a very simple defense and these guys just haven't been able to get a grasp on it. And it's it's looked historically bad so far, but man, they gonna make a run though bump.
Speaker 2: All that they gonna make a run song. They gonna make a run man. All right, man, that does it?
Speaker 3: Can we put them on record? Can we put pressure on him tomorrow?
Speaker 2: All right? So that does it for us. I'll be what you guy say, Yes, you're here all week. I'm all week. Tell this this is no no, no, what're you about to say?
Speaker 6: Tell the fans? Oh yeah, you tell your viewers, bring your followers.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you getting ready to say, hey, you should be here more.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I don't do that. I don't don't do that.
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with you now. But I have created a good seat in my show, and I don't I don't mind coming over here with rental. But I've created I've created a good niche and on hanging with the boys big name and Kurt and Kurt. We got a good thing going over there. We've got a good old thing. And I want to do well. I don't want to do well over here upstairs, Michael, like you know what, Let's make it a truly a player's loud. Alright, So all week. I hope that you will join us for the rest of the week. As we get more into the Cowboys as they prepare themselves to deal with the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 3: What's the last part of it?
Speaker 2: For Barry? For DeMont, trait for Anthony, I am Sultan Pepper Poppy. This is the players bound to see tomorrow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.