Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: What's up, Bud. That's Rich Davis, Steve Cavino aka Tony Maceli, which, by the way, on a total side note, Rich and I have interviewed everybody under the moon, and one of the coolest guys that we've got to know throughout the years is hey, Tony Danze. Oh my guys. Hey. And we bring that up because it's the first answer that comes to me of a show that wrapped that wrapped up perfectly. Yeah, think about it. I mean, we were talking about Cobra Kai on Netflix. I finally finished last night, and it really was. It was fantastic. It was all the cheese you possibly could have wanted. I said to Rich off the air, though, if you would have told me, because I'm more of a negative Norberto, if you'd have told me that the show wraps up the exact way you would want it to. This happens, that happens, this happens, and that happens, I would be like, ah, well that's kind of corny. But the point here is it really worked. Then. It felt great. It felt like your team winning. So it's like saying, well, if your football Team wins. Are you happy? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Well okay, what all these characters that you rooted for for six seasons? It works out like the way you kind of wanted it to and it left you feeling good. And that's rare short on this because I love the happy, cheesy ending of a show that you invest in, but I also roll my eyes when people get mad at it ending like Game of Throne didn't in the way I wanted. Well, guess what, Life doesn't always and shows don't always end the way you want them. It was the nerd that rights at George R. R. Martin. That wasn't his vision. So if you wanted to end the way you wanted to end, you write a show. So based on the Sikai Takai, the International Karte Champion, Cobra Kai wrapped up Riich finally watched it. That was great. We asked you, are there other shows that come to mind that wrapped up perfectly? Eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox, And then we got to talk Lebron What do we say? This is us friends? Who's the boss? Curb your enthusiasm? I'll start with the ninety six World Series. Uh, the Yankee Team wrapped up perfect. If you want to talk about things that wrapped up like beautiful, last year's World Series storyline, if you want to do if you want to go like movie script storyline, the Cleveland Cavs team that won with Lebron coming back and beating the best regular season team ever in the Golden State Warriors. How about the eighty six Mets, who were a miraculous you know, always coming from behind best team in the league game six and then winning Game seven. How about I hate to say it, the four Red Sox. If you haven't seen that documentary on Netflix, well, you know round three to zero to the Yankees who just dominated them year after year. NI into sports, you battle through so many losing seasons just to feel that sense of victory and one here and there, right here and there. I was talking to my friends last night. I said, Hey, we're in our forties. Now, you think we'll ever see a Mets World Series? Like for real? Though? Like so, there's so many many shows that you watched at that don't even get to an ending. They get canceled, right so you invested, it is canceled. So many shows that you watch with the ending is sort of ass you're like, that's how it ended. It was nice to get a win from Cobra Kai. Can I tell you what that upset me the most of the kid? All right, let me think about it, ALF, because you were the only show you really loved. Hey, Alf star Trek. Hey, you can make fun of me all you want, but that's my answer, dummy. See see, you're more predictable than Cobra Kai. I was a kid of the eighties and nineties. I loved ALF. I had the little puppet things. You got a Burger King, I had an Other kids had the Teddy Ruxman. I had an ALF. No nerds had Teddy Ruxsman. What kids had Teddy Rouxman besides my sister, our buddy spot, our video guy exactly Nerds he had my buddy. I'm like, you actually had that. Anyway. I had an ALF where you had pop cassettes in his back and he would tell stories of Millmack and he told the story that you didn't like No on the TV show ALF. It ended with the Alien Task Force and the Tanners on both sides of ALF, and it's like to be continued, Willie. Then the show never got renewed and I'm like, did Alice get kidnapped by the FBI or the Alien Task Force or not? And I remember as a kid being like this thinks Wow, man, that was a life lesson that anything goes the way you wanted to go.
Speaker 3: You had alf I had a mister T lunchbox and nobody brought up the ending of eighteen.
Speaker 2: I don't remember how it ended. That was it really no are with a cigar? Yeah? I love it when I love it when a show wraps up to by the way, you know Covino. I used to have a code word based on a team if we see a girl passing with a big ass Covino, what I would go, Yo, b a brockus be it big ass yo ba check out be a barroccty gas. That was before everybody had a big fake ass here in Los Angeles. Yeah, that was like back she earned it. Oh y b ah, She's blessed. Keith On Cavino and Rich and for Dan Patrick? What show had a great ending? What's up?
Speaker 4: Cheer jerker? And it ended perfect?
Speaker 5: Was the fresh Prince of bel Air pro so good?
Speaker 2: Bro When I'll be honest, is that one he's sitting in the empty room No, you're you're gonna that's the end of every show. No, but honestly, you're gonna make me. You're gonna make me cry thinking about it. No, but you cry, I'll beat you down here in the studio. That was one of the rare TV shows that did make us cry. Yo, Danny G. Cavino was oddly missed fresh prints like, He's like, I soon here and there, But dude, I quit. This is the truth. I lived a very eighties childhood, but I quit it growing pains. After that. I was out, you know, scamming on on chicks and then getting home runs. Yeah, blame in New York. Yeah, like the the I quit at Wonder Years. That was it for me. I'm like, all right, I'm done with sitting at home with mom and dad, the eye rolling that I display on a regular basis, hanging out with Cavino where anything I mentioned his answer is, oh, you were doing that while I was out busy getting ass Is that that narrative never gets hold. I was at baseball practice, hitting home runs or getting beautiful women. So what are you sitting home? T G I f watching erkle? Did I do that? Did I do that? That was it? Was a you know you age out of it, that's all. Well, all I'm saying is when Will and Carlton popped in the It's not unusual one more time, you know, one more time and they they dance in in the poolhouse. How do you not love that moment unless you're out getting aswer hitting home runs? All right, Adam and Boise, what's up? Adam? What's going on? Bro? Enjoying some Dutch bros this morning?
Speaker 4: So I got, I got my best and then my worst.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you got? Cheers.
Speaker 5: It's a good grew up watching that show with my dad. That last episode.
Speaker 6: Was one of those like, oh man, the.
Speaker 5: Whole it's over right kind of thing.
Speaker 6: I didn't do. Guys, I will start it because you.
Speaker 5: Guys keep talking about it.
Speaker 2: It's good. I guarantee you. It's cheesy enough where you'll you'll be entertained. Please understand. We recognize it's the cheesiest, but it but the magic is it works, is it works, and we don't know why, and it's it feels good and that's great. And it always baffles me when I see the ages. Now, when when it comes to Cheers, the ages of the actors at the time, like George went, George went, by the way, who's Jason Sedeikus's uncle? Look that up. I didn't know that he was like thirty five years old. That dude was thirty five. All they're all in their thirties. All the guys that hung out at the bar and cheers were in their thirties or forties. Just sort of like when you see the Golden Girls and it's like, wait, they were like women in their fifties exactly what It really baffles you, But give me go. Andrew, We let him go. He had a bad one too. Anyway, Andrew, Ohio, what's up?
Speaker 5: Breaking Bad was a k I thought the best and the best finale.
Speaker 2: You know. Some people didn't like it, and I was like, what did you expect? Like the bad guy it? I mean it ended the way traveling should have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my girl said, why couldn't they have let him cook one final batch?
Speaker 2: Or said, what was the son's name? The King of Breakfast wal Yeah, Walt Junior should have been like the next like head guy or something that would have been cool. Let's go to Andrew in Ohio. Andrew, what's up man?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, we just had him Okay, I'm sorry. Fred in West Virginia. What's up? Fred?
Speaker 5: I had something for you, but now with that alpthrop you kind of crossed me out. I need to call my therapist.
Speaker 2: That that that that left us all hanging his kids everywhere.
Speaker 5: Hey, I had the best and a worst. You already kind of addressed the friends. I love that ending. I thought it was pretty dope, my worst and just handing over my man card. Now, eighteen years ago I met my wife and well now my now wife, and she got me into the Gilmore Girls, and uh, that was mostly so I could like make out stuff, you know, like I'll watch the show. Yeah, now I know every single thing about that stupid show, and the ending was trashed, you know, you.
Speaker 2: Know, not so funny. My my father in law, my my wife's stepdad, and communal well we'll tell you. He's like a six foot five, burly Texan. Yeah. His weakness is like I do Lovemore girls. Who's in the you know? I know I know all those cheesy shows, but for some reason, I don't know that one. Let's go to fish in PA. What's up fish?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, Yeah, they don't mind breaking bad. But I thought Walt should have blown himself up before he died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Breaking Bed was such a great show. I mean, it's it's hard to decide how you would have wanted to end that because it was such a complex show. Like, you know, he's an anti hero, So what are you really rooting for? Greg and Florida Rapid Bud Hey number one?
Speaker 4: First thing and foremost, you consider me poached. I'm officially poached to your show. I mean it's uh, you're you're you guys are awesome. The poaching has been. He has begune. I'm gonna go with an oldie, but a goodie.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with the original Magnum p I how did.
Speaker 2: Magnum wrap up? Was it just like? Uh? I don't even remember that he.
Speaker 6: Had he had his daughter, Uh and uh decided to vote himself to her. I think he's moving stateside. I found out Higgins was Robin Masters. It was kind of cool, kind of unraveled some things, but it also left it open to come back open, And I think a good ending should leave it with a chance to come back over.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know when one comes to mind too. You talked about all your eighties favorites coming know you know, before you were the man growing pains. Was one of those where they all leave the empty house, like, remember they moved and they're all sitting there in the empty house, very much like friends. Usually what a finale ends with everyone sitting around the end. Move, Maggie, they moved Ben to your room one last time? Was Boner there? Remember his best friend Boner? That's sad, dude. I don't think you could say that on its name. Yeah, remember uh Stebone? Was it Sylvester Stabone? Oh? Now that was his dad's name, Andrew Stabone. I think Boner. So anyway, based on the Cobra Kai ending, it was perfect. We ask you. It's like watching the perfect season. It's like watching your team win and all those great things. Rich finally watched the ending. It's available now on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: WAPP live from mer Cities Benz Studios, Covino and Rich and for Dan Patrick at Covino and Rich. Follow the podcast, follow, rate and review. Say something nice. We'll send you a prize. Ye, yeah, it is are you still driving that trust the old ride. Keep it looking sharp with Mako from dense to faded paint. We've got you covered. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Mako. You ever thought you would say that? No? No, oh, better get makeo. We met the Maco people in New Orleans at the Super Bowl. But if you asked me, as a pumpkin pie haircutted kid watching Sports Center, if I thought I'd ever be filling in for Dan Patrick, I would probably say no. Probably not. Oh I knew it. How cool is that? One day that guy I'll be his number one filling So I'm Steve Covino. That is Rich Davis Danny g Super producing eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. The most buttery voice in radio, The smooth Danny g Mark is here. Thank you guys, Fox Sports Radio Nation for hanging with us again. We're on from two to four on the West, five to seven on the East Monday through Friday. Cavino and Rich as we shout out the Maco people that we met at the super Bowl. Yeah, good people. That's where I had the conversation with LeVar. Oh you were doing your two man show. Well, here's what happened. We were having cocktails with a bunch of the sponsors and just a good time in New Orleans, and I roll up with my college Hall of Famer, by the way, LaVar Aaron. I mean, what a guy, right, I mean, one of the funniest dudes. I love LeVar. I'm having my Tito's and soda. He strolls up. He pulls the straw out of my drink and throws away. He's like, what are you doing? Straw? And that started a whole two man show where Levar's telling me that I can't have a straw in my cocktail. I thought that was standard, the little bar straw, he said, hold on, He said it was also the way you were sipping in like and he had his pinky and he.
Speaker 3: Said, bent the straw down to fit into your mouth like a little woods.
Speaker 2: Rich originally asked for a silly straw, you know, the little circle lead loops. But yeah, he was saying it was the way you were doing it too, So straw with a cocktail is a no no depending on how yeah. And Rich also asked for an umbrella and a sword for his little pineapple fruit. I mean, who doesn't shout out to the makeup people shout out to our buddy LeVar from two pros and a cup of job. All right, Uh, why did Lebron ruin everything? Hold on, I need to preface this. I don't want the Lebron smoke, as I saw how he ruined Doug Gottlieb's day yesterday.
Speaker 3: And best believe we are on live on AM five seventy the Blowtorch in southern California.
Speaker 2: Better believe it. Lebron is waking up hearing you bozos right now. Say hey, Lebron, let it be known that me Cavino here, I'm a fan and I will say this respectful. As he kissing the king's ass. My dad's gonna hear me. Why are you kissing Lebron's ass? Why are you kissing his ass? I don't know, Dad, I'm just trying to be diplomatic here. I don't hate Lebron. Sounds like you're kissing his head. Sounds like no, I will say, when you live under a microscope. Guy's been famous since he's you know, been out of high school. Before high school, you gotta give props first before you bring these things up, because he rarely missteps and He's done so many things right. Imagine if you were under that microscope, camera's on you all the time, how many times you would have misstepped right? So probably be in prison. I think this is a misstep for Lebron and it's kind of funny. So he got out here saying you're right. He has been under the microscope since he was a teenager. And to think this, very few bad things anyone could say about Lebron James. So if that's kids and his ass, then so I'll also say this, I am not guilt free here. I've also made this mistake before and I'll tell you my story. So again, I don't want James smoke that time you dised a kid at the Olympics. No, no, no, you'll hear about it, and I'll tell you what if you guys don't know the story. Lebron James did call out Doug Gottlieb yesterday and Doug is like, I really don't care. I don't care. There was a it was a lot of drama here at Fox Sports Radio though yesterday. Come on, Doug loves it. He has to. I would love it. Hey, Lebron, feel free to call me out. I really don't care about Lebron. Made fun of Doug for having a three and twenty four record as a coach. Don't you have anything better to do on your day? Aff I'm the gottliebe everybody. So here's what happened away. In a few weeks, I might have more coaching wins in little week is a low blow. What I'm just saying. I'm a coach. Oh, you know now, you're coach coach Davis. I'm coach Rich. Give me, give me a couple of weeks. So again, give me what I say. What I say about Lebron, I say I respect my team's one to oh, but I do mean what I say. Cavino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio in for Dan Patrick, Danny g I need you on standby in case I say anything out of line or wrong, because you're the resident Lakers fan. But this is the story as I know it, all right, eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox It's All Star weekend. Most of us weren't doing in right. There's a lot of criticism. We talked about it yesterday. Man, it sucked. Even Draymond Green set it sucked. Trey Young said it suck. Everybody said it suck. What did Draymond say on a scale of one to ten zero, Yeah, I mean, people did not hold back on the thoughts and feelings about the All Star Game. I mean, David Kevin Love was chirping yesterday. Did you see that Danny g about Hey, if you want people to participate? He was calling out Mac mclung winning three years in a row.
Speaker 3: I would think we should call him out for some of his jokes during those twenty minute breaks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think didn't Kevin Durant even say, hey, if you gotta criticize it so much, hey, let's just not have an All Star weekend and we could just chill. He did. I got it right here, he tweeted out last night. I think it's more fun to complain about the NBA than to actually watch it. Crazy, cancel All Star weekend and let's just give everybody a break since we're so miserable around this time. It's true, but you're just calling it as you see it. I mean, but people don't think not like it. People want to like it, But think about it this way, guys. We brought this up like a month ago, and we focused on how Charles Barkley and Shack and all the you would say the face of the NBA as far as broad casters and pregame and post game, they're roasting the league. Kevin Hart. Kevin Hart's essentially doing stand up about how bad it is. The players are saying it, no other sport poops on itself like the NBA. Imagine if you know a Rod and Jeterre and Big Papa, Big Papa, Big Poppy Papa. You brought Big back to life. Imagine if they were like, yeah, baseball stinks. Imagine if you know Kevin Burkhard and Joe Buck and Collinsworth, they were all like, yeah, you know, the NFL stinks. Yeah, they're trying to lift the sport. They're trying to polish a turn. So the NBA is doing nothing to help itself, right, And that's the same as we see it, right, So at least they're being genuine about it because we also feel the same thing. And they're just calling it as you see it, and now I'm calling it as I see it now. So it's All Star weekend. Everybody had their criticisms. To my understanding, Lebron's there, he's an All Star, and last minute he's like yeah, I'm not gonna play, and you got to put yourself in his size sixteen shoes. Probably wanted to see how he felt, That's what I'm imagining, and then realized, like, you know, what's not worth it? Not playing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow, first time in twenty years that he wasn't active in the game. And Yannis, to be fair, did the same thing. But it ass to the disappointment. In all fairness, Yiannis isn't Lebron. Right, Lebron has done a lot to lift the league. I don't say that the Keisy's ass, but last.
Speaker 2: Minute, you know what you're doing. Now you're taking the roster spot of someone else. Someone else could have been there had he made this decision sooner. But maybe he was really waiting it out, giving the benefit of the doubt, waited out to the last minute to see if he felt good enough. But his tootsi's hurt, his ankle hurt, whatever sore needed the rest wasn't good enough to play. Now. Criticism number one again, roster spot taken. I'm not real worried about that. Well, no, what you're not in the NBA, bozo? What if you wanted to be on an All Star team? That would have been kind of cool in a league that complains about the weekend. Who's Lebron? Who's he taking a spot for anybody? Someone that doesn't deserve to be there anyway? Well, I mean that's not necessarily true because Trey Young deserve to be there and he wasn't there unless, yeah, because of injury, right, because spots were open. So Lebron James missteps there, takes a spot, could have gave it to somebody else, could have nominated someone else. That would have been cool. Right, But they're taking team pictures, which is always I guess an honor, right, you're there with all the greats of the year, or should be an honor. That's the thing. My favorite group photo every year is all the NFL head coaches. When does that come out? That is pretty good. That's always my favor. Taking the All Star team photos and Lebron James jumps in with some big names. They're All Stars guys, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, James Harden, Kyrie's there, They're all there posing and they're all Star uniforms, and Lebron James jumps in with street clothes. This is the team photo. Street clothes, dude, like not like a warm up outfit, like this is what he was rocking. And they're like, all right, we're taking the team photo. Now. I understand he was hurt. I understand he wasn't playing, but you're gonna tell me his ankle hurts so much that he couldn't throw on a pair of shorts, the tank top, the shirt and just posed the rest of the team like a guy who's honored to be on the All Star team. I thought that was odd, in my opinion. Ruin the photo. I get it, he's Lebron James. Any photo with Lebron James is a great photo. I'd be thrilled to have a photo with Lebron James. But these are his contemporaries, these are other big stars. If I was Steph Curry, if I was Kevin Durant, be like, yo, man, put your uniform on. What are you doing? You're ruining the photo? Ruin the photo? Now? What did I say? I said, I've been there and I've done that. I am not guilt free here. I have my own stories, but we also want to open it up to you and your thoughts. Eight seven seven ninety nine One Fox to me. It just adds to the feeling of how little do you care about this? Because when you, the player, the superstar, the team doesn't care about the product, how do you expect the fans to care about the product? How do you expect us to care about the game. You don't even care enough to put the uniform on for a photo. And that's just one little side story here, But that feeling translates to us, and that's why we are left here like that was boring. No, it's the question here is ruining the topic? Really is ruining the photo? Yeah? And some people care? How some people? Dude, that's the problem. It's supposed to be an honor. How you're supposed to care. If you don't, why should I? I have so many examples of I'll give you a really bad example to start it off. It's still early. Nobody's listening, right, I mean, it's probably the most listen to Dan Patrick Hower. But well, then I got to say this a little. I gotta preface this by saying, you know, when you're a little kid, you have no perspective, especially when you're a little eighties kid and you're a little sexist eighties kid. That was me little sexist eighties kid? Do you know what the story goes? Danny G. Cavino didn't believe the Go Gos played instruments. I didn't. I thought that was fake. I believed the Chipmunks were more real than the Go Gos, Like, there's no way girls play the drums and guitar. This guy's terrible, very sexist. I was like, I believe Alvin and Simon and Theodore are real musicians. I don't know about these Go Gos. Do you hear this guy? That's how I felt as a kid. You've come a long way. I've evolved that. You know what it should show you? Man, what a great guy in Kavino to me, Yeah, because he was like the worst eighties kid that ever was. Yeah, that's not what we were thinking. Bro. It was the eighties. Okay, So I evolved a lot. But when I was an eighties kid, there was like one girl on your little League team? Right, looking back as a girl dad, as a respectful evolved man, I say, man, good for them, how cool? How cool is that? But back then, when I was a nose picking, little sexist brat, I was like, man, let's go ruins the whole photo she was the whole team photo because it made your team look soft. Right, you displayed that the photo and your friends come over, like you got a girl on your team, and you're like, yeah, I guess looking back, I'm like, I'm like, wow, she was ahead of her time. Good for her. That was great. She was good. She held her own Back then when I was a kid, I'm like, look at her holding the sign, ruining the photo. You little Dutch boy girl haircut? So I felt not gonna lie, ruined the photo, ruin the photo. My examples are not as terrible as cominos. I'm a good man, but I hear what you're saying. Or how about the kid that had the He was like a little bit of a husky kid. So he had to get an oversized jersey or something he had to wear like oversized pants, and they didn't match anyone else's team. Like this kid, this kid right here, husky I had. He ruined the photo. I had a All right, now you're talking, because I had a I'm talking. I had a team photo for one of my little leagues. I remember they would put on a plaque and you put that crap in your room because you were proud of it, like my little league team, right, I'm saying there was.
Speaker 1: One kid.
Speaker 2: Who wore jeans. O, what a pathetic team you played for a ward jeans little league picture day. So here I am. You know, it's like probably nineteen ninety one, you know, the you know, Minor League Red Sox, and I'm with all my buddies. Everyone's got their navy blue red Sox, you know T shirts. Who was on your team, Kelly Leak of the Bad News Bears? Did you ride a moped there?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: We had the navy blue T shirts. My kids teams now they have like professional Union word jeans on the little league team. Besides the coach and he's like nineteen seventy slash. Has everyone else recognized that as parents, my kids, my sons and T ball. He has a home and road jersey. They have legitimate uniform. We had ones from the sixties and we got them like left over you recycled though we did. We had mighte smelled like cigars. We had T shirts like, let's say I was the Brewers that year. We had a blue T shirt. They just said Brewers, like they just printed T shirts, white baseball pants and T shirts. Yeah. Now my kids on the Rockies. We have home and away jerseys, and we have like the purple baseball socks and matching belts in their five. But you know what, you could relate because that kid, for whatever reason, maybe they made a stupid face or they showed up in jeans, ruined the phone. And that's what Lebron James did. This is an onerous the All Star team, Hey, let me ask you one quick question, rich the guy that backs into his parking spot thinks he's better than you. Lebron James is there with his other contemporaries, other superstars, and he's wearing street clothes. What is he the coach? Does he think he's better than me? He's not playing problem, it's Lebron James. That's the point, dude. You gotta play the humble card because people are gonna say, what Lebron James do? You want him to suit up? So that the dude is that asking a whole lot. You're already there, you're taking a team photo. Are you not on the team? But he's not playing? So what he's been to like twenty of them exactly? You're not caring about it? So why should we the fans? If you want to share some funny stories about ruining the photo. I have a few the team photo as a kid where the one dude in the front row was wearing jeans and I couldn't. As a little kid, my OCD was like, what is this stupid kid? I hate that for you. We should track that kid down beat them. Why is this one kid wearing jeans in our baseball team photo? I hate him? Looking back, you were mad at the kid, but you have to now as an adult, avoved adults say it's because his parents didn't love him. That Now this sounds super douchey. My wife and I were on our honeymoon, so let me preface by saying that, because it's not like I'm some world traveler. But my wife and I have a photo of us on our honeymoon. We did a little the little trip around Europe, only time I ever done. It was awesome. So for our honeymoon, one of the stops on our trip was France. One of the most beautiful sight you'll ever see. You get a oh, of course, I got a was you got a walsall? You know? I got a wassle. Tell me about it? Not a croissanto. The background is picturesque, like you know, and celebrities are in there like douchey yachts in the French Riviera. Yeah, behind me were mountains, the water and all those rich people's boats. My wife and have a photo. Oh and in the background is Odell Beckham Junior and Victor Cruz and they're wearing timberlands. They're posing on a boat. My wife and I have this picture of her and I And right as the person click the picture of my wife and I with the most picturesque background, some tiny little kid walks in our frame. But it looks like he's standing next to us like he's our child. So I have like the most beautiful picture of my wife and I and next to us it looks like we adopted like a little Dominican kid or something. This kid in our photo that's what he looks like, Danny. Sorry, So that's one. There's a rule that goes along with this so that pictures aren't ruined. That's a little kid a big poppy photo bomb, so the photo bomb will ruin the photo bomb. The photo bomb is interesting because if you're at a bar taking a photo, Hey, you got together with your old college buddies. It's funny one time when some dope at the bars, but if he does it more than once, then you gotta be like, hey, dude, scram because I get it. The one time photobam is funny. Like now, Google could fix that easy. But I had to bring this up because I'm at the park with my daughter and her friends. And my daughter has like three year of her little little best buddies, their little girl squad. They're all seven years old, eight years old, and it's like her little best pals, and they were all they had all come from gymnastics, so they were looking all cute in their little outfit. So I was like, hey, girls, oh, that Emmy's dad. Here, take a picture. There was some other girl that's like not in their crew. It was like me too, how do you tell a little kid get out of Oh it's like the little kid that didn't dress up for Halloween. I was like, I was like, that's cool, all right, now one without her? What are you gonna do? You can't tell a little kid get out of the picture. My daughter and her best friends and some random girl at the park. I'm like, hey, random girl at the park, you're gonna set this one out asked that girl to take the picture. Now's what you do and you jump in andfle and the other lesson learned here at Cavino Rich as we talked about Lebron. As Cavino said, ruining the All Star photo, he did, I would love for Danny g because again he's at Lebron super fan and Lakers fan. I'm not a Lebron hater, but in my opinion, he did, there's there's wait. You think it sounds like I'm a Lebron poster above my bed.
Speaker 3: You don't, No, I'm a Lakers fan, and whoever our lead dog is, then I'll support that player.
Speaker 2: Do you agree though, like that was a big time in the moment, it's a bad look. Yeah. Yeah, I have to wrap this up. I have a lesson, and Covino's dad has a solution. Yeah, Covino's dad say. The lesson is if there's a new person in the in the crew, your brother's new girlfriend, or hey, that's you know, Uncle Hanks floozy of the month. Yeah, Uncle Hanks Floozie the month. When you take that Christmas photo, that person's on the end. That way, they could be cropped out when their time is over.
Speaker 3: They've all heard about this by now, though, so it's ruined. Yeah, but they know what you're up to.
Speaker 2: But I like, if you're hanging out with all your old high school past, they should also have the wherewithal to know it's their job to take the photo. How they pick up on that rule take the photo or if you're in it, go on the end because you might eventually be cropped out of this bad boy. It's just the rule, Like you gotta know. But I am in favor of that person being in the photo. Sometimes I offer up because I don't want to be in that photo. I'm like, you know what, I'll take it, you know, because I don't want to be with you, Guys, Danny. I learned that lesson on an Episode'm Not Seeing Future with this little get together on an episode of How I Met Your Mother. This is a great lesson they learned where if the person's permanent, that could be the first photo. So I'm always cool with the new person being in the photo. Just put them on the end. But Kavino's dad has the best solution. My dad was the inventor. This is true story, guys, The inventor of photoshop. What he used to do. And this is true. My grandma, every grandma had like walls of photos. Right high school photos were still framed like graduation photos, family photos, wedding photos. We don't live that life the way we did growing up, where there was a million photo frames all over the wall. By the way, in a related story today, I saw I think it was on BuzzFeed gen Z, like teenagers and twenty year olds have a new fascination with printing out like tangible photos. So they're saying that maybe it's on the come it's on the come up. They come back that the idea of printing out photos is fascinating to a teenager. So it would always be who's that guy, And it was like the ex husband or ex boyfriend or x somebody. It was a lot of like people who were in these photos that weren't necessarily in the family anymore. So my dad would cut out celebrity heads of of anybody of John Davidson, the host of Hollywood Squares, or Tony danzer Henry whoever's famous at the time, pictures from the TV guy, yes, Steve Rkle he'd cut out like mister T's head or something, and he would put him all over you, all these people's heads. You'd go over my house or my grandmother's house to be all these like random celebrity heads covering the other heads on the frame. So Judith Light was at Thanksgiving ninety one. Yeah, So my dad claims that he's the true inventor of photoshop because he was the first to do this in the early eighties. Now again, how did I do this? I pulled the lebron so I'm not innocent here.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going.
Speaker 3: On in the world.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss and the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, Take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich CNR bringing on Madness, Cee and R bringing the Madness for the great Dan Patrick on Fox Sports Radio. We're live in Mercedes Benz Studio. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC At Mako, we bring your car back to life with affordable paint jobs and light collision repairs. Get a free estimate today Uto put it at Maco. So I'm Steve Covino at Steve Covino on social media. If you want to see my punishable face, you could say it's punishable I still wear respectable sneakers and Rich Davis the guy who wears generic bobos the jeepers at Rich Davis, We're both at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio, the most interactive show on radio. In for the Great Dan Patrick. Now the numbers eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. Before we talk some NFL. Rich has a theory on where players play and wine. We'll get to that, but again, eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. I hand it over to Danny g Our super producer, because we have a brand new game. Danny g what's up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're calling this quote me and we'll have some fun in this game. You need to tell me who in the sports sports world.
Speaker 2: Set it all? Right, Let's meet the contestant. Steve Covino right over there. Yeah he sucks. I wear a normal sneakers like a normal human.
Speaker 3: Richard L. Davis to his right, what's up? In for in for spotty boy? Mike who runs this place?
Speaker 2: What is up? Everybody? I got? Did a good look at Rich's shoes? Yeah? I have checked these out. Mike has some throwback case. Oh yeah, my old school case. I love because you got style, you got pride all.
Speaker 3: Right, Mike tried to stay in this game for longer than two minutes, says yes, you see and uh looking to win a seeing our stainless steel Swiggy. These are sweet, Bobby, and Springfield mass is our contestant, Bobby.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bobby, don't make me. Don't make me look bad, Bobby, Bobby, what do you do for a living there in Springfield?
Speaker 4: I'm a civil servant?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, nice?
Speaker 3: All right, here are the rules for quote me. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champ. If there's a tie, I have two overtime quotes ready to go. Your name is your buzzer, but you do have to wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next quote, and I'll do a sample round right here, since the first time we're playing, all right, you can buzz in with your name after you hear the three possible answers. Mike, here's not yet, Putty. Here's the quote in Lebron's case. I guess pettiness and insecurity aren't limited to just people who aren't super successful in the field.
Speaker 2: Quote me, Mike, no, me. Okay, but you have to wait till they're all read. Say you're terrible to this game this question.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we're doing a sample round for Mike A. Jonas Knox, B. Kendrick Perkins or C. Doug Gott Mike, Mike Doug Gott. Yes, so Mike would have won that round. How do you not been rude?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: You do? This didn't count anyway, so what's wrong? All right? Here we go round one on the bell.
Speaker 3: Let's let's get a bell here for the ringside Round one, and here's the quote. Okay, you're either gonna draft me or you're not. If you don't draft me, that's your fault. You've got to remember you're the same team that's got to play me for the rest of my career. And I'll remember that quote me. Who me A cam Ward B Schador Sanders or C. Dylan Gabriel, Mike.
Speaker 2: Bobby Nobby Yes, wow, yeah, I was thinking Josh Rosen. But you didn't give us the option, so I was wrong. Said something similar.
Speaker 3: I think Steve Smith. Wow, Bobby, Bobby's halfway to a swiggy. All right, here we go round two, give me that bell. Round two coming up here, all right, and here's the quote, Jean Carlos Stanton having an injured elbow. Check that both elbows injured? Is shawshank redemption?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Remember when Red yawned and stretched quote me me a Rob Parker, B Jason Smith or C Ben Maller coch.
Speaker 2: I feel like Rob Parker would throw that line out there, and you know, bring up Red Morgan Freeman from the Great Show Agredation. Bobby already said his name. Damn oh, Bobby's trying to sweep here, Bobby.
Speaker 3: Yes, are you serious?
Speaker 2: We had two sweeps two days in a row. What happens? Will you stick me on day?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: Ben Mallars said that for fun. Let's go to round three here, alright? But the Bobby, yeah, Bobby, you already get a swiggy. All right, here's here's the next quote. You guys are so spoiled man, guys averaging close to thirty and you want him to get on the line ten more times? Come on, he's averaging thirty. Steph Curry, you see him more than I do. You know he gets frickin' fouled. Did that quote come from A Kenny Smith, B. Shack or Ce Charles Barkley, Rich Rich Kenny, Yes, Smith, we would have had a game anything foolish like that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Oh Man, that was great. Yeah, I like you. That was a great debut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some there's some good quotes every week, not just from athletes, but obviously from talking heads on sports radio and TV.
Speaker 2: Especially Fox Sports Radio. Hey, Bobby, congratulations, you're the first winner of the very first quote Me game here on Cavino and Riche Thank you, man. And if anyone else wants to qualify for the C and R Swiggy our stainless steel water bottle, all you have to do is follow rate and review our podcast on Apple Podcasts, say something nice, and if Danny g emails you, you win a prize. So we're always trying to bribe listeners to at least give us a shot. Thank you, hey, and thank you to Big Mike who runs this place. Thank you Mike. You're a great contestant. You're oh for two at the serious I only said my name once, Big Mic. Yeah, he's undefeated for sample rounds. Now. The thing is, I thought Big Mike, who runs this place, would be better at this because you were a game show champion for people that don't know. Mike, who is the you know runs Fox Sports Radio. Here was on Supermarket Sweep back in the day. He was it was a legendary episode. Did you know to go for the meats?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And it's funny too because they actually they're not real meat, but they but they wake them so they're all heavy, like everything is heavy as it's supposed to be. You mean to tell me on Supermarket Sweep it wasn't real meat. It was not real meat. Really, I didn't know, true, I really didn't know that. Yeah, wait, are you gonna tell me that it wasn't a real waffle and pancake on Doubledare you me?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: It's not real? Snot? With your hand up to I thought it was real. I feel like my whole life has been a lie. I know. Well, if you ever want to see that episode, look up Supermarket Sweep, the episode with the bear that's Big Mike who runs this place. Thank you, Mike, Mike moses fake meat. All right, we got more Covino and rich. Now here's what I don't want to get to next. I know it's like a hot talking point, but sometimes sometimes when there's no juice to the squeeze. There's no meat to the story, and people still talk about it. It's sort of an aggravating thing in the world of sports and entertainment. I get it because people love to speculate, but the story that everyone seems to be clinging on to this morning because not everyone can have fun conversations about pictures in Cobra Kayle like we do. A lot of people talk about Trevor Lawrence saying he doesn't want the stealers is all you know, that's just bs. It's like that stuff you use in the shower hogwash. So I got to ask the bigger question, the bigger question forget Trevor Lawrence and this particular example. If you're on a losing team and you feel like you have all the potential in the world, keep in mind Trevor Lawrence has had what I'm pretty sure three head coaches, three coordinators at least like this guy's. You know, for years, Cavino and I had new bosses and we were on new channels on Serious XM. It's hard, it's hard to build momentum. It really is. You nailed it. It really is. Like we were on Maximum Radio. They were on a sports channel, they were on a different channel. Oh you know what happens to you get like handshake deals and then they end up leaving and nothing ever comes to fruition, Like for all you know, one of his coaches or coordinators like you know what, Drivor, we're gonna get that receiver or are you on it? You'll see and then that guy's fired And that never happens. It's always like a setback because you're always starting over. So I gotta ask, if you are full of potential and you know that where you are you're not gonna end up winning, don't you think all those players should be open to a trade. Like if you're Trevor Lawrence, do you really think you're gonna build a winner in Jacksonville? Du the you really think that's the answer. Well, I think when you're a great player, you always think you could be the difference maker. But you don't think change adjustments. But you don't think change of scenery is so important. How many times do you look at one of your ex girlfriends on Instagram or Facebook and you see how, oh, look at her, she's so happy, she's married with multiple children. But you know she would never have made me that happy, and I would never have made her that happy. She's great, just the wrong fit. Can we say by now that Trevor Lawrence was he was supposed to be that generational guy? You know how very few times someone's drafted and it's like, well, this is a no fail. Wasn't Trevor Lawrence? Danny g back, Yeah, we weren't doing the show yet, but Trevor Lawrence. The narrative was, this is a no fail. Yeah, for sure, best looking quarterback to come out of college, not not looks wise, but like skill wise, unless you like his hair. A lot of hype, But for to not be working out in Jacksonville, isn't it like, shouldn't the story now be forget the whole Tomlin and Steelers talk. Shouldn't it be Trevor Lawrence anywhere else? Is just probably a great idea.
Speaker 3: Not right now, because the Jags hired a new OC and from everything we've seen and heard, the entire with this whole organization is fired up to work with him, especially Trevor.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, to counterpoint what you just said, the same thing applies with relationships. Can't you just say that the grass isn't always green? Or sometimes you just need to water that grass that you're on. You like, everyone's quick to jump scenes like you know what, this relationship's tired. We've overextended every possibility to make this work. I think I'll try another woman. I think I'll try another relationship. And you're just trading problems for problems sometimes. So maybe you just need to I don't know, fix where you're at and make that work. But we're so quick to jump. I mean, look at Sho Hao Tani. The isn't always greener show Hao Tani. I know it wasn't long lived, but he gave it a shot in Anaheim down in the OC. He gave it a shot. But guess what you mean the La Angels of Fullerton, the la Angels of Anaheim, of you know, Los Angeles or whatever they call themselves. He gave it a shot. He realized, listen, I know I have the skills to pay the bills, just not gonna work here. Mike Trout hasn't followed that, and Mike Trout will wither away forever in Anaheim. So you got to ask yourself, Trevor Lawrence, if give it a good team, like look at Matthew Stafford Matthew Stafford exceptional example though, Matthew Stafford, Trevor Lawrence going to the Steelers as an automatic victory, you know, show Hail Tiney going to the Dodgers, it was safe to say, like, man, these dudes are gonna contend and he's probably gonna be a difference maker there. You know, you knew where they were going to be. They were World Series bound. Matthew Stafford, that might be a lateral move for him. I listen, I know that you could say, well, Detroit got better and look they built, but all those years that Matthew Stafford is sort of just you know, put his head down, worked hard, put up tons of yards and just lost in Detroit. Goes to the Rams and wins a super Bowl and right away and it's like, look at that change of scenery. He's a super Bowl champion. Saquon Barkley sometimes those moves comes criticism too, was Kevin Durant criticism, Oh, he had to go to Golden State to win one. Well, Saquon Barkley was wasting away, not Margueritaville in East Rutherveld, New Jersey. He was wasting away on a god awful franchise that didn't appreciate him. He went to the Philadelphia Eagles, should have broke the all time rushing record and wins a Super Bowl. So when you're talking about Trevor Lawrence, forget the speculation in those silly rumors about Pittsburgh. I'm saying, in general, should a guy like Trevor Lawrence be like, listen, it's time. Miles Garrett is doing this right. Miles Garrett wants to win.