Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: No Cowboys This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: Six segment plus dot TIXI Ty Pat Touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It's a an off season edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and.
Speaker 4: The SWBC Studios.
Speaker 5: We've got the whole cash and crew ready for you to rock today, Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, the Isaiah Standback, I'm Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beam in the glad you are with us, gentlemen.
Speaker 4: The coaching carousel has begun.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be over sooner than you think, will it.
Speaker 7: It has to be why because once the first two dominoes fall, everybody else falls.
Speaker 4: And what are the first two dominoes, Well.
Speaker 7: It was Ben Johnson and Aaron Glynn most likely will not leave the building of the New York Jets today.
Speaker 8: Second interview with the Jets.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so once the two domino the number one and two dominoes fall, everybody else has a hurry and.
Speaker 4: Feel the role did their playoff exit? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Did the playoff exit play any role into them getting a job so soon?
Speaker 6: No? Or it was all dependent on those to.
Speaker 9: Cause any hesitation, you mean as far as like the way their season ended.
Speaker 4: Nope, not at all a little bit of pause here and there.
Speaker 1: Bill, I was gonna wear that.
Speaker 5: Thanks Bill and Bill Jones of Mixed Shots and CBS eleven. Everyone, all right, that's that's my question is Yeah, was there pause? It definitely wasn't any pause for the Bears. We'll see what the Jets ultimately end up doing, but I could see one way or the other.
Speaker 4: I kind of thought.
Speaker 5: Glenn would either land in New York or New Orleans one of the news.
Speaker 7: So New Orleans is supposed to be his second stop. But if you're the Jets, are you letting him leave the building?
Speaker 4: You're not? If he's your number one?
Speaker 8: Yes, your kids.
Speaker 9: The Bears went hit to hit with the Raiders and was like, yeah, we're not We're not not doing this.
Speaker 1: We're going to just keep throwing money and power it.
Speaker 6: There's no salary caps with coaches. Hey, coach correct?
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, no, yeah, yeah, but I mean those two were the hold up right in regards the majority of the NFL, right, in terms of the head coaching positions that were available outside of the Patriots. Right, the Patriots had their guy. Okay, that was done and done. Yeah, everybody else was waiting. Okay, can we get these guys?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Can the Bears get Ben Johnson? Yes?
Speaker 5: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 10: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 7: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 6: See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cows Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: If you shout how about them cowboys?
Speaker 11: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of cowboys Nation, and if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 8: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing to.
Speaker 4: The Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company. This segment of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor.
Speaker 4: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven. A little technical hiccup, but we are back, and that means you can buy your oats from the internet.
Speaker 8: Josh using the quake ar code in the left hand corner. Isaiah's putting right at it.
Speaker 4: That's right, easy money.
Speaker 8: Now I'm drinking over any got his oats this morning?
Speaker 4: It got him this morning.
Speaker 6: I definitely did.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, right here at the buzzard but I no wonder you're not quoi today? Oh, no, coy today, I got some bouncing it. Cowboys will have much coaching at the end of this week. That's why I'm not quite woo.
Speaker 6: That's right, I said.
Speaker 8: I call it like you see?
Speaker 6: Is it two tears in a bucket?
Speaker 1: Are we gonna like what the coast of that statement?
Speaker 6: Take it to the stage?
Speaker 4: What about the first part?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, the Yeah, I don't know. If I'm there with you, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I this is.
Speaker 5: The part of the show where we can get into the ruler better, the rumor.
Speaker 4: Mill, whatever is happening here. Yeah, right, but I'm just not there.
Speaker 6: Then you're gonna be the head coach.
Speaker 5: The part of the show that got cut off there. We were talking about today John Fossil. We were talking about the exit of John Fossil and how much that does hurt the Cowboys, how much impact he had around the impact of Brandon Aubrey and the even presence the presence of him was only available due to John Fossil and what he brought to the table.
Speaker 4: Same thing with Cavante Turpin.
Speaker 6: Do you know how positive of an individual Bones Fossil.
Speaker 8: Is very Do you see him out there.
Speaker 7: He's the most bubbly consistent person you've ever seen in your life.
Speaker 1: But he's even better than that because he is that.
Speaker 9: But a lot of people will hear that and think, oh, well, it takes more than that to be No, these players will run through a wall for Bones Fossil.
Speaker 8: Not only that, he's a historian of the game. I feel like he's watched every NFL game ever in history. The dude, his knowledge of the game is.
Speaker 9: Absolutely fossil to your point, And as far as his football like Q acumen and knowledge of the game, that wasn't NFL officials that were teaching us the media about the new kickoff rules at training camp. It was Bones Fossil under the tent holding what amounted to a college.
Speaker 1: Course on the new rules for the for the NFL kickoff.
Speaker 9: So, I mean again, most fans understand how huge of a loss it is for Bones Fossil to depart this organization. But for those that don't, and just like I said in the first segment, when we had technical difficulties, for those that you tie their disdain to him to you know, one or two fake punchs that didn't work, measure that up against everything else, positive that he did everything else that he meant for the organization. And again, if you need us to shrink it down for you, just know that Kyle explained the first segment. You don't have Brandon Aubrey in this building if not from bones fossil. So remember that every time Brandon Aubrey kicked sixty five yards and it's right down the middle, thanks bones. Every time Cavante Turpin has an impact return, thanks bones. So yeah, those types of things and.
Speaker 6: More one of your three that you couldn't lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now we wait to see if.
Speaker 7: And the other two are free agents and the other one I'm hearing this most likely not.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, what was that they.
Speaker 1: Told l Yeah, I mean I've heard the same.
Speaker 4: What happened? Not being coy? What are you going to say?
Speaker 7: The probability, My understanding is that the probability of al Hairs coming back is slim, is very slim.
Speaker 1: Yes, correct, here's correct. So that is exactly what I'm hearing as well, there.
Speaker 8: You go blowing it up. Well, this is I mean, that's kind of quite literally.
Speaker 9: Not to do too much revisit on the first cause segment because we want to get to the second segment. But like kle said, initially, the longer it took the Cowboys to make a decision or McCarthy to make a decision on the Cowboys, however, that resolution world happened. You put yourself in a position where you have no assistant coaches, no coordinators under contract, and they can sign with whomever they want. And like Isaiah said, they don't know who's coming in. So is that incoming head coach willing to keep them or do they want a full completely new staff. And if you're an assistant or a coordinator, think of it the other way in that I don't know who you're bringing in yet I might not want to work under them.
Speaker 7: But also on top of that, you know this window's closing. It is closing quickly. Right you're in between two walls, and the walls are closing in. There's an exit right there, right?
Speaker 4: What window?
Speaker 7: The window of opportunity to sign with a team, to be a coach the NFL, to be on a team, to have a job in twenty twenty five slash twenty six, Like, that's your opportunity for that is closing. As a previous assistant coach for the Dallas cast past literally right, So like now, as these top two dominoes, as we mentioned in the first sere that you might have missed, fall in Ben Johnson and most likely Aaron Glenn, other teams are going to be rushing to fill those voids with the same pool of coaches. The same handful of pools of coaches. Everybody's been waiting to see who's going to get the top two dogs and now, okay, now let's fill our vois. If you are a previous coach for the Dallas Cowboys and one of these coaches calls you and shows interest on you because they have to make decisions quickly as well, you were not in a position to say, hey, stand by, let me check on my first option that I don't even know who it is yet, you would be my second option. No, yeah, click, once that phone ends, I'm on to the next guy. So you're not in a position to say, no, hold on, wait, let me see. They're trying to see are you committed to them.
Speaker 8: You're waiting basically on them to hire a coach that you don't know, to say, yeah, maybe I'll keep this guy. No, you have to you have to take me out like maybe I like this guy, maybe we'll click and you know, if.
Speaker 9: You want to take the respect of this on the table, which exactly bones exactly.
Speaker 5: The Senior Bowl is another big hurdle on the horizon. I mean, half of the Senior Bowl is scouting and what we see and talk about on the Draft Show and what we'll talk about on Talking Cowboys and all of that element to it. The other half is the networking side of coaches that are trying to get jobs. And at that point you were slim pickens for opportunities out there in the NFL because most teams have either filled their.
Speaker 4: Staff because they want to go scout because.
Speaker 5: They want to build to the future, and if you're a head coach or an assistant coach still looking for a job, you're kind of out of luck.
Speaker 4: Whenever you get to that point.
Speaker 5: Only a couple guys get out of that from that networking capability.
Speaker 6: All right, When All Star Games again.
Speaker 5: Kylled coming up this this week. This weekend, the Shrine Bowl starts and then next week is the Senior Bowl.
Speaker 6: Week.
Speaker 7: Practices starts Saturday for the Shrine for the Shrine Bowl which is here, and the game is next Thursday.
Speaker 4: The first of February.
Speaker 6: So opportunities for your coaches to go see players to We'll carrying across t talk.
Speaker 8: Yeah, TikTok is yep, I mean yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Carrying across it's a w W yeah, okay, I don't like him.
Speaker 5: I thought it was like the meme that's been going around from the Hunger Games about TikTok dying, that whole scenario.
Speaker 8: The we talking about man where to go?
Speaker 4: It's it's right here, they're crazy, all right. There's been a lot of.
Speaker 5: Hearsay over the last two weeks, right heresay around the Cowboys on what they're doing, heresay around the Cowboys on who they're interviewing, on who they're interested in, like the front runner. The Vegas odds have had everyone except for Josh Rodriguez as a front runner, which is a shame, which is unfortunate because honestly, I think he's got a better shot than some of these guys to get the head coaching job. It's kind of bounced around facts, facts.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 5: I want to get through all of the rumor mill and I want to dispel what is truth and what is not truth because you've got connections in the building. You've got connections in the building. You've got connections in the building. I've got connections in the building.
Speaker 4: Building. Beamer has some of the best connections in the building.
Speaker 5: Shockingly enough, he's got a lot of that because he's been around for one hundred years.
Speaker 4: So I want to talk about the rumor mill and what is true? Yeah, we got to hit one hundred this show. What is true? What is not? Around the Cowboys' coaching search.
Speaker 9: I'll start with you Patrick, Well, what's true is that the Cowboys do in fact have interest in Brian Schottenheimer, and he is expected to interview this week. So that's not That's not a rumor, that's actually a thing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: Front runner though, I don't anyone labeled a front runner right now. I think is a rumor I would agree with. And the front office doesn't know who the front runner is.
Speaker 4: So people who are saying there is a front runner is it's a.
Speaker 1: Complete, complete fabrication. It is a you don't know because they don't know.
Speaker 9: So it doesn't matter what Vegas' odds are because, like Kyle said, depending on what day of the week it is. Yesterday was Shottenheimer, the day before was Kellen Moore the day prior it was Dion Sanders. Until all the candidates are actually revealed, how can you know who the front runner is?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 9: So you can say who has more familiarity, that's the Killing Moore and the Brian Schottenheimer's of the world. But then you could say who has more experience, which is the Leslie Frazier's of the world, and some of these others who might pop up, who hasn't, who haven't popped up yet, like a Pete Carroll Water They maybe.
Speaker 1: So that's why I'm with Kyle on this one. Isaiah.
Speaker 9: I don't feel like the decision is going to be made this week because there's no front runner as we have this conversation.
Speaker 1: On Tuesday of this week.
Speaker 9: So Deon Sanders, I think that we talked about that. That's just leveraging and headlining. And my opinion, my opinion is that Dion being in contract negotiations with Colorado, he's best. He's with Jerry. Hey, do me a favor, Do me a favor? Okay, cool, I'm not worried whatever. Kella Moore is a real thing. Salad can I hit de real quickly?
Speaker 5: I talked to a source that was close to Dion this past weekend, and he said Dion is focused on Colorado.
Speaker 4: He said he wants to be in Colorado.
Speaker 5: He's there's a little bit of me like be focused on North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Even though both of those signed stop.
Speaker 5: Both of those guys have ten million dollars buyouts, So there's that to it as well. The Dion situation is intriguing, I think to the front office. I don't think it's super intriguing to Dion. And I know there was a report out there that if he was offered the job, he would take it.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 5: I think if anybody was offered the jobs, they'll probably take it. But yeah, the buyout is a hurdle. The current extension contracts in Colorado as a hurdle.
Speaker 4: There's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: LUs he so will set up in Colorado.
Speaker 9: He so will set up untouchable, especially if this new contract goes and materializes for you. Yeah, like if you're Deon Sanders, why would you leave that situation to try to turn.
Speaker 8: The time and the place to his strengths too, as well as far as recruiting goes, as far as the staff staff.
Speaker 5: The amount of staff he was given in Colorado is ungodly. He would not be able to do that here planning some so I think the Dion thing is intriguing, might be kind of fun.
Speaker 4: I think we would have a ton of fun with it, Barn.
Speaker 9: However, there's a reason why that was the first thing that broke. But there's been no interview requested or scheduled with Dion just yet.
Speaker 8: But there are aspects of Dion that I would love, certain traits.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say all.
Speaker 9: There are aspects of most of these candidates and potential candidates that that I love within their aspects of a lot of these candidates that I could do without sure, which is when we go to building a coach. But first before we do that, I need because I've been reading Isaiah's eyes for the past five minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are your connections?
Speaker 1: I need you to speak on what you what you're thinking?
Speaker 7: No, people, you do, because I've seen I think the Deon Sanders thing at first was fluff, then it became something that was real because I think that he had some run ins with his negotiations over there in Colorado. I think those those negotiations are probably getting getting figured out now. Yeah, But that there was some pushback in Colorado.
Speaker 4: Oh, it was a real thing. The interest was real.
Speaker 7: I think at the beginning it was mutually beneficial, and then it became a real theme because of the pushback from Colorado. Almost they almost messed it up. Yeah, So now I think that's gonna figured out. So I think Deon's off the table in regards to all the other coaches that have come through the building or virtual or whatever. I think that the Joneses are interviewing coordinators. That's what I believe. I don't believe that anybody they're talking to is a head coach candidate. I think they're all talking about with Kellen Sala. I think they're all up Frasier Frazier. Then who's their head Frazier is a is a coach, is a mentor for head coaches. That's what his role is in the NFL now, No disrespect to him. His role now is a mentor to new head coaches. So as the Cowboys may have been exploring a new head coach and might be exploring a new first time head coach, I think they wanted to have an idea of what Fraser has done in his previous stints. To mentor head coaches and help with their transition, as he was just in Seattle with McDonald to help with his transition. I think that sala is a is a coordinator thing. I think that Kellen Moore is a conversation and mainly to try to see if you can steal him back and get him back over here to be a coordinated I don't see him as a head coach.
Speaker 6: I don't think so. I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Why would you, he would.
Speaker 7: Not exactly, So I think that's what that is. I think everybody that they have talked to has been a coordinator. I don't think that they have yet talked to a head coach candidate unless they've talked to that candidate in previous stents. And I don't know if I've said John Gruden, what's that?
Speaker 6: It's a W? Who's that? Maybe this.
Speaker 1: J W?
Speaker 4: I don't that's what you're referencing.
Speaker 7: No, that's not what I'm referencing. I'm referencing Jason, I don't. I mean we said this on special edition, but I believe that one of my picks would be John Gruden, but he hasn't came up in regards to interviews. I think he's living it up on first right. I think Ron Rivera is still in play. I know some people aren't necessarily excited about that, but he's a good dude. He's every when he's had a good a good quarterback, they won. He knows a defense. He has a culture there. Either it hasn't came up, but the interviewed here last year. Yeah, So that's somebody that they don't necessarily coordinator as a coordinator, that's somebody that they don't necessarily need to talk to a bunch, right, because they already have an understanding of him, and I know they have a relationship with him. So you're you're left with with those names that have done it before and that you have a body of work.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't know what directions there. Nobody knows what direction they're going, but I don't. But from the names that we know have been talked to, these are coordinators. These are not headcutters.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 7: I do agree with that, and I do think that I think with the exception of Moore, You're right, I think I think I think they're probably touching base with him to see what you know, have you grown maybe have you developed in this regard, but you still don't I don't think, no disrespect to Kellen Moore, but what's his identity?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, eater of men like that, That's one of the that's the real.
Speaker 1: Questions for me.
Speaker 6: But I don't even I don't even know his offense has the identity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm.
Speaker 6: Just being straight off.
Speaker 8: He's leaning on the right now arguably one of the NFL's MVPs and that for sure.
Speaker 7: But go back to the Chargers, But what's what's been the identity? What do you know that you're going to get out of killing More?
Speaker 6: You don't know anything, right, So when you talk about some of these other coaches.
Speaker 7: You know, you know Ron Rivera, right, regardless of where you may lay with that, you know what you're going to get out of him. You know what you're going to get out of John Gruen, you know what you're going to get out of some of the candidates that are now being taken off the board.
Speaker 6: You don't know in regards to killing More.
Speaker 7: So that's why I think no necessarily on that, because, yeah, one of the boxes that has to be checked is are you a leader of man?
Speaker 6: Are you creative?
Speaker 7: Are you can you handle the media, what's your are you forward facing?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 7: All these things have to be checked, and I don't think that he possesses the main one. He doesn't have a character.
Speaker 6: What is his character?
Speaker 9: And also to your point, you don't know exactly what his scheme is anymore, right because when he was with Dallas, he was adverse to running the ball hill He got him let podium a couple of times and kind of joked about like, hey, if it were up to me, I throw sixty times a game. Right, you go to Philadelphia and they won't let you do it because they got Saquon Barkley and just a monstrous offensive line. So now it's his identity schematically in Philadelphia is Saquon.
Speaker 4: And the best offensive line.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 8: So if you were to bring him, you don't want to throw sixty times to that quarterback.
Speaker 9: If you were to bring him back as a head coach, you don't have a Saquon. And we don't know how things shake out in the draft who they will or will not select at the position. You don't know if equal Dowd who's going to return, because he might be on his Tony Pollard stuff right now, which is hey, this is that possibly the highest I'll be at tering free agencies value, right, So you just don't know, so to your point, it's a lot of question marks there. So going back to Colle's question, who's the frontrunner right now, there is no front runner because they don't know.
Speaker 1: They're still soaring through some things.
Speaker 5: And because of that, I don't think there's a position open or made or a decision made this week.
Speaker 4: I just really don't think it's happening this week. And does that.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be just like regular free agency. You're gonna be left with the scribe to.
Speaker 5: Be left with whatever you got at the end of it. Did we talk about this four weeks ago?
Speaker 4: Yes, we did.
Speaker 5: We talked about four weeks ago. But this is where we are, and this is where the situation is. Everybody that's throwing names out there, whether it's a content creator, whether it's a reporter, whether it's a website, all of that, take it with a grain of salt, because not all of it is true.
Speaker 4: Right now that's being thrown out there in the building.
Speaker 5: The truth is they're not really getting anywhere yet, and this one's not close to being done yet. And as I say that, as the only truth in this whole scenario. I'm sure there will be a higher tomorrow because that's how the thing works. Yeah, all right, we're gonna take our second break. When we come back, I'm gonna build the ideal candidate. We're gonna take the best elements from some of the NFL's past and present head coaches and build what you would want and who closest resembles what your player and coach would end up being when we talk about it.
Speaker 4: Right after this, with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 10: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 7: Five G requires campatble plan and device five G may not be available in your area.
Speaker 4: Seeatd dot com Slash five G FORU fifty deals.
Speaker 3: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 12: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And we're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 13: For questions about their money? Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com, slash Erica by your side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses may very digital tools featured required dowloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for qualit assurance. Message data rates and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 4: To Talking Cowboys. All right, back here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: This segment of the show is brought to you by in visib Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys back alongside Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Beam in the back.
Speaker 4: I'm Kyle Yellman's all right.
Speaker 1: Or with yours yours e?
Speaker 4: That's what we all are today?
Speaker 6: Is it just e?
Speaker 5: Or because we're tired of this coaching search. All right, build a ideal candidate. We're going to build a bear type things today. We're taking bits and pieces. Yeah, those things are pricey bits and pieces of the elements of your Yeah, I know your ideal candidate, either from past or present coaches in the NFL, and then I want you to explain who do you feel like best represents. Here's the thing, we can't use the same coaches. We're gonna do this draft style.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna start things off by play calling. Okay, play calling, and we're gonna let Josh defense. Josh is gonna go first. We're gonna go offense defense first. This is your ideal head coach, so you build it however you want it, offense or defense.
Speaker 8: Play calling is the first category.
Speaker 6: What if I don't want then you can say that.
Speaker 4: Then pick a coach that doesn't call plays. Okay, so you can do it that way.
Speaker 6: So we're doing places.
Speaker 4: Have fun with it.
Speaker 8: Man, we're trying try not to understand.
Speaker 5: For example, for example, if let's say they hire Pete Carroll, is he gonna call plays on either offense or defense.
Speaker 4: So there's your opportunity.
Speaker 7: So we're picking just a head coach right now, just just your head coach or your head coach.
Speaker 5: What do you want him to imbody from other coaches out there.
Speaker 4: We're building the perfect coach at top the bottom.
Speaker 6: Hey, coach, just a head coach, Just a head coach.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're not up yet. Josh is going first.
Speaker 8: Play calling wise, let me go with Sean McVay. Okay, Sean McVay. I think everything that goes into the way that he calls the game. He actually called a really great game, uh this past weekend, and to me, they were the They look like the better team. They really did, and it was if they just hold on fortunate fumbles that cost them the game. But I think he's made Matt Stafford better. I think he's the whole team is better because of Sean McVay. Give me Sean McVay. When it comes to play calling, okay, Patrick.
Speaker 1: Play calling, give me Ben Johnson's play call.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 1: I want that creativity.
Speaker 9: I want that forward thinking, hit coach that's not not play caller who's not you know, reactive to what the trends are in the league. You're setting the trends, you're pulling out back the tricks you're you're scouting collegiate playbooks and film and looking for new creative ideas that give me a Ben Johnson for a PlayGame.
Speaker 5: Okay, remember this doesn't have to be a candidate and an opening that's out there.
Speaker 8: It'll be all time.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get available.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just making sure I'm going with Kyle Shanahan's play calling San Francisco forty nine Ers head coach. What he's done has been enough to sprout the tree of excellents in terms of offensive play callers across the NFL. I'm giving, uh, Kyle Shanahan is my play caller up top.
Speaker 7: Okay, what do you think I'm going with John Rex Ryan, Oh, defensive guy. Okay, his play calling exit my time in the league and what I've seen from him versus some of the other coordinators. I face this dude, he's like that. He's like the Ben Johnson of defense. He just creates whatever the heck he wants to and it's so unorthodox and innovative, as innovative as.
Speaker 6: All get out.
Speaker 7: It's like he's sitting in bed just drawing it up on his phone and you know, oh yeah, that's my pig.
Speaker 5: Okay, and now you get to go first on the second category, which is leadership. Who would you want to embody the leadership of that head coach?
Speaker 7: Leadership here with a star, right, I gotta go John Gruden? Okay, John Gruden as a leader.
Speaker 4: You think you could handle the circus?
Speaker 6: Yes, he is the circus.
Speaker 7: He brings it to town and it would be entertaining embody he embodies circus.
Speaker 5: That would be like that, you know how, like there's a traveling circus model and then you turn around and that one's just permanent.
Speaker 4: You just build it, you be kind.
Speaker 6: I mean his nickname is Chucky. Yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, come on, he's an icon.
Speaker 6: You guys understand this all right?
Speaker 8: As far as leadership goes one of the best coaches to ever handle the weight of the star that we've talked about and we're talking about all times, pastor President Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy Johnson Man. I think at this point Jerry and Jimmy obviously they've made up. If you get a coach in here like Jimmy that is able to not only lead the team but lead the fan base, you know, people can galvanize behind a leader like that and believe in him no matter what, no matter if you start off with a you know, basically no win season, right, I think you would find people that are you just need a figure like that now. I think this fan base really needs that.
Speaker 6: We need a.
Speaker 8: Leader like that. We need a leader like Dan Campbell, someone that you are able to really identify with and galvanized behind. I changed to change the culture. You're desperately in need of that.
Speaker 9: He's been two for two on mine better. I'm going cool Hand Luke here, so I'll see your Jimmy Johnson.
Speaker 1: I'll see you, Jimmy.
Speaker 4: I think we all see you, jim n.
Speaker 9: Okay, I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go with cool Hand Luke, the one that started it all. I'm going I need the leadership of Tom Landry.
Speaker 1: That's what I need.
Speaker 9: Tom Landry, who has shown you talk about Jimmy Johnson and rightfully so, being able to come into an organization after several seasons of lost and then he had the first He had a very bad first season with the Cowboys, immediately turned that around. Tom Landry quite literally helped establish this organization as an expansion franchise took it from dirt ground zero. This is the pre Jerry Jones era. Moved it all the way to Super Bowl status Hall of Famers, you know, Roger star Back and the l like on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 1: And I know we're in the social.
Speaker 9: Media era nowadays, so when you talk about circus, you're thinking of it and through the scope of it's because you know everything about the inner working So you could say, oh, well, see that's crazy and that's weird. Okay, Well, let me tell you back in the sixties and the seventies and even the eighties, there was so much that you didn't know about because there was no social media. It was just as much as a circus as far as keeping things on the rails in this organization. And Tom Landry was right there keeping things on the rails and keeping the Cowboys winning and keeping them relevant, keeping them in NFC championships, in Super Bowls. So and I also love the cool hand Luke aspect of it. Of yes, I love Jimmy's I love Chucky's fire, John Gruden, I'd love those types of coaches, Dan Campbell. But there's also a lot to be said for one who no matter what's thrown at them. It's just the fidor and he's just cool because you just know that he's going to get it handled, whatever it might be. And now I think that invokes a bit of confidence when you tie it to his experience and knowing what he can do. So leadership wise, give me Tom Landry.
Speaker 5: In a different sense, but a similar reasoning. I'm gonna go with Andy Reid from my leader life that kind of a similar thing. Nothing shakes him, and the play calling is a side product of it. He's a great play caller, yes.
Speaker 4: We know that.
Speaker 5: But the leadership that he's shown to handle the circus that is the Kansas City Chiefs you're talking about Travis Kelcey and Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill in the early earlier years to win Super Bowls every single year and to get back to a championship every single year when the circus around it isn't even involved with football the time.
Speaker 4: A lot of the time, it's Taylor Swift.
Speaker 5: A lot of the time, it's it's Caitlin Clark at the game this past weekend.
Speaker 4: A lot of times.
Speaker 5: It's it's the Mahomes family outside of Patrick that are doing weird stuff.
Speaker 4: On TikTok every day.
Speaker 5: Yet the focus has always been on two things, football and cheeseburgers after a win.
Speaker 8: And that's inficiating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and somehow he's got dark magics, the official Chi contendis, so there's that level to it as well. All right, experience, Patrick, I'll let you go first.
Speaker 9: All this experience, you know, experience, I keep circling. There's so many to go around, but I'm going to land on Bill par Sales.
Speaker 8: Oh damn, good choice.
Speaker 9: I'm letting on Bill par Sales because that experience. I mean, it's self explanatory. I don't have to get all the you know what he's capable of, and you know the egos. He's been able to rally together, glue together and get success and get a Super Bowl championship.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm going par Sales.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with another Bill, mister Belichick. Just take the Super Bowls playing and simple. He's won how many of them now?
Speaker 4: Seven?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Seven?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's pretty good. So I'm gonna just take that one. That's an easy win. Experience experience, mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Let's go Pete Carroll.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 7: I thought you were going to say, Tom, No, it was gonna be no, it would have been Bill Bellich Belichick. I'll go with Pete Carroll. Pete Carol's seen it all. He came from the Parsils tree as well. He's been through those ranks. He understands.
Speaker 6: He's seen it at the college level. He's seen it. He's been a champion many many times. He's been multiple Super Bowls. He's won it, he's lost it. Right, he has the experience of feeling both a heartache in the in the yeah, of course, the height of it. So I think I will go with coach Carrol.
Speaker 8: Okay, Belichick was my answer for a long time. When I kind of interpreted this, I was sort of thinking of, like, Okay, well, we saw Bill Belichick towards the end of his career in the NFL, right, and we saw how that was going and kind of an unwillingness to innovate when the game is very much changed and he didn't have the Hall of Fame quarterback that obviously one of all the Super Bowls. I think now of a guy like John Harball. I think about what he's done with different quarterbacks. I think of what he's done he's won a super Bowl, but I also think he has his best years ahead of him. I don't think he's done by a long shot. I think he's working with a team that is consistently in the picture. But unlike a Mike Tomlin, this guy still performs in the playoffs. He really does. So yeah, give me John Harball, just catch the sreaking ball. Mark Andrews.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a tough one from Mark. All right.
Speaker 5: Uh so yours, Joshes was Sean McVay, Jimmy Johnson, John Harrible. That's pretty good trio that Patrick has, Ben Johnson, Tom Landry, Bill Parcells.
Speaker 4: You got the New age and the old age is what you got out there.
Speaker 5: Isaiah's was Rex Ryan, John Gruden, and Pete Carroll.
Speaker 8: Guy NFL Network. NFL Network team.
Speaker 7: Right, that's a competitive, energy, bus driven team, right there, Bb.
Speaker 5: Those practices are gonna go. And then mine is Kyle Shanahan, Andy Reid and Bill Belichick.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of hill.
Speaker 6: A lot of my practices are turned. We got a DJ.
Speaker 5: Everything ours is you better expect to get it done and know the playbook and we'll make it happen for you.
Speaker 6: We got DJ's and feet massages.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh, mine feels like an overpower like Avengers.
Speaker 5: Superhero Sehn McVay, Jimmy Johnson and john you get all of it together, all right. That's gonna do it for us here Talking Cowboys. Hope you had some fun with us this week. We'll see if we have any answers for you next week. Going into this, Uh I help so matchup head coaching decision could be Jimmy, it could be Johnson, who knows whenever.
Speaker 4: Next week for.
Speaker 5: The same different Josh Rodery is stand back for Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: We'll see you next week. This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.