Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show. Here's your host, Bobby Bone. How much do you really need to retire? This map shows how much income is needed for senior citizens to live comfortably in each state, and what they do is they lay it out per year, Like you need this much money per year to retire. What I would be scared of is living longer than the money I have. But then I also don't want to die, So I would just be confused because I'd have a number i'd want to live up to, but then I'd always be scared I'd live past that number. But then I also don't want to die and live before that number.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: But the older you get that somebody else's problem. Right, Like once we turn say we make it like ninety five, Like I'm not going to know how to live my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone else is gonna take care.
Speaker 2: Worried about my life.
Speaker 5: I know ninety five year olds that can take care of not us, not me. But you want to be able to pay for yourself just in case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm telling you ninety five, you're gonna have to change my naper.
Speaker 6: Maybe at ninety five, you're gonna someone's gonna have a control of your bank account.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe, But if you don't have any money and no people.
Speaker 7: Ye are screwed.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I have four kids.
Speaker 3: Somebody's gonna somebody's gonna step up. Somebody out of the four kids better step you're hoping. Here's what, here's what you need.
Speaker 1: On average, across the United States, the average annual income required for comfort every year is sixty eight thousand dollars after you retire. How do you make sixty eight thousand dollars a year when you don't work, you don't make it. It's all the money you've had to save for your retirement.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 3: If they're worrying about and I'm retired, we're not saving money to retire.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 1: Assuming an average inflation rate of three percent of the American entering retirement at age sixty five and likely to live another thirty years, they would need nearly three point five million dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I don't spend that much money golf.
Speaker 1: Now, all of a sudden, you start back, you know what, I am away? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Just take the bus everywhere.
Speaker 5: If you do live in an assisted living type place, that's her.
Speaker 4: No, I'm my kids better not put me in one of those. Oh they will, Oh they better not.
Speaker 1: But what are they gonna do if they don't have a bunch of money?
Speaker 4: Put me in their house? I don't care.
Speaker 5: But even in their home, if they have a job and you need a caretaker, like they got.
Speaker 4: Neighbors, I mean, do not put me in neighbors.
Speaker 3: I saw a great TikTok of this, like couple of same is what we're gonna do our kids when whenever they have their own houses and the parents are trashing the house, they're like eating food on the couch, like messing up their room.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: The payback.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's all fun. I'm just saying for you two. They always talk about retirement, but aren't saving toward retirement.
Speaker 2: We're saving. You're not a little bit.
Speaker 4: You're not loose. Change man adds up, it does.
Speaker 1: I got a jar, but sixty eight thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 4: I probably didn't have a sixty eight thousand period.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't plan on retiring. I'll probably die.
Speaker 5: Die working.
Speaker 4: Probably you'll never retire.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. I could get sick next year. I could also never get sick. And one hundred and ten.
Speaker 5: Right, but what if you are ninety, are you still working?
Speaker 1: If I still enjoyed, I'm still working.
Speaker 2: Let's be a terrible show.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, Welcome to the hemorrhoid hour.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you about aliens. They're coming.
Speaker 1: I told you before years ago, when those aliens came, I'd been telling you for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Dang, movie theaters are still around.
Speaker 4: They're going out of business here real soon.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 1: Movie theaters as they were are almost dead. Now you have to have a big long chair. You gotta have food, gotta have come.
Speaker 5: No no.
Speaker 1: Uh. Some fans saying Taylor Swift is daty Travis Kelsey to get people off her back about flying private jets all the time, because she's always the person who when they do all these celebrities whose carbon footprint is the worst, it's usually Taylor's one of them because she just I don't want to She's get on my get and go everywhere, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: But so now these theories are popping up that if you google Taylor Swift Jets to look it up, you get all the tailor Swift the jets game stuff.
Speaker 5: It's like new York Jets.
Speaker 2: Hilarious.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, So they think it was a calculated move, but she's been to more games. True, But what if she went to that game to set up the Jets?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I believe it because it is not real. There's no way it's real.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like it's real. The more I watch it, the less I think it's real.
Speaker 2: But did you see that she's traveling with the team.
Speaker 1: Now, that's not true. Any that's a fake thing too, No, I saw, No, it's not that's a picture. They cut her out and put it there. You need to This is how fake news gets. Did you see it on Facebook? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe not?
Speaker 1: Then that's she's not true?
Speaker 2: Yes, because I'd be so upset about was the chief said?
Speaker 1: Somebody else not traveling with the team. But I also don't think. I don't feel as real about it as I did.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But they like, didn't they kiss?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Okay, so what that's hard to kiss him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, that would be hard.
Speaker 1: Did they kill another hold of hand going into You never kissed someone like?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I've never had.
Speaker 1: I never facu on the one either.
Speaker 5: Eddi your You're acting like if you were single and you had to fake kiss Taylor Swift, it would be hard.
Speaker 1: No, no, no for her? But why why?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 2: Guy?
Speaker 1: It's all a plan for something. If you're gonna have to fake kiss, why not fakus for Somebodyho's a good looking right, But what's the plan? Well, we just told you one of them, and her movie is out this weekend.
Speaker 2: Well the other one is the Jets thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety five million bucks. Obviously, I don't know. I still believe it, but then I don't believe it. I don't know what to feel.
Speaker 2: Where are you though? On the swing?
Speaker 1: I'm still fifty five percent believed. Wowet, But it's a heavy forty five. That's forty five is heavy to none. But I'm still team. I think they're dating, but man, they're sure showing it off and putting it put in everybody's face hard, which is never happens with her.
Speaker 6: That's why it's just so weird. She is so private about dating. She always sneaks around, never shows it. Now she's in the suite with a bright red lipstick.
Speaker 4: Get out of here.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's the guy she's been dating that have wanted to stay private and he doesn't want.
Speaker 4: To no way dating.
Speaker 1: But I think that Travis Kelsey two has benefited greatly. He's in every commercial now.
Speaker 5: I don't even know who he was before those.
Speaker 1: Ye, he's got a million extra Instagram followers. Yeah, pretty good. They got us either way, they got us. Let's see, women don't want to marry a muscular man, but they want to have flings with muscular men, Travis. Women like to get frisky with muscular men for short term romances. Female participants were showing a photo of a beefy guy and one of a scrawninger fella, and most of the women agreed the muscley man was way more attractive and that they would have a fling. But research shows that when it comes to finding a long term partner or a spouse, looks didn't matter as much as family support for sure. So they want to hook up with muscles and they just they want to be in the same house with flubb.
Speaker 2: We're like that too, though, right, No, I give it a shot, guy, Maybe not?
Speaker 5: What do you mean, I'm so glad your wife doesn't listen to the show?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: No, just said you'd like to be in the house with Flubb.
Speaker 1: You say you want to hook up with the hot and live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I'm good and always you.
Speaker 2: I meant like this guys, not me, guys in general.
Speaker 5: What I was just going to say, you've obviously never hooked up with anybody before Kaitlyn's. It doesn't matter, no never.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know how to win her to her true he Amy Georgia Man got the surprise of his life when he received a speeding ticket for more than a million dollars. Connor Casto tells w s AV TV He's pulled over by state trooper for going ninety and a fifty and he was expecting to get a big, hefty ticket, but not a one point four million dollar citation. He called. He said, is this right? And they were like, yeah, that's a correct amount. You need to pay it or come to court. Officials say it's common practice to add a nig a big number to ensure super speeders come to court. That just gets them to court and then they drop it, yeah, or they make them pay another or yes, got it. That's hilarious. One point four million dollars would be funny if eatured like Escudopa and they're like, oh, no, research shows that ice cream potato chips are just as addictive as cocaine or heroin.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: Wait, but how do you know because you have none cocaine or heroin.
Speaker 2: But they say it's very addicted.
Speaker 1: They said, you said for sure, like you knew.
Speaker 2: Well, have you ever eaten chips?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't. You have to eat all of them.
Speaker 5: I think they are. I think that you can get addicted to certain things depending on what's in them. But like I can go a week without chips. I feel like when you're on heroin, I don't know if you can go a week correct.
Speaker 2: But Eddie for sure knows because on both guys, I want chips all the time.
Speaker 1: And you're not going to go break into someone's house, of course not because all I have to do is go to the grocery store. But if they weren't the grocery store, you look at my neighbor's out for sure, you wouldn't go break into someone's house if it wasn't that easily accessible. If you can't put down on the potato chips, science says it's not you, it's the junk food, ultra processed foods, or just as addictive as nicotine, cocaine, or heroin, and more than one to ten people are hooked. A new analysis of two hundred and eighty one studies across thirty six different countries is uncovered that is staggering fourteen percent of adults are hooked. The analysis was led by University of Michigan professor Ashley Gearhart, who previously created the Yale Food Addiction Scale by applying the same criteria that experts you should diagnose substance addiction. The criteria includes uncomfortable and excessive consumption, cravings, and continued intake despite potential negative health effects. The New York Post hold you. I feel like this is a headline that just gets people to click. But really I'd much rather be addicted to chips than heroin. Oh yeah, yeah, but you know what, Also, you can't tell me you never adicted heroin. If someone came in now was a heroin addict and had been, and they also love chips, I would listen to what they had to say because they'd have an idea of what both of them were.
Speaker 3: I see what you're saying, but I saw you at your house on Saturday. I took ice cream cones, and dude, you don't think anyone saw it. You took three cones and stashed, like you that's what happened.
Speaker 2: What do you happened?
Speaker 1: But you do not take three cone I didn't take and stash. I took one and ate it immediately, and then I took another one in it was my hand, there's no hiding it.
Speaker 2: And then I ate it immediately like a Heroin us.
Speaker 1: And then you were about to leave, and I was like, Eddie, if you don't take these, I'm gonna eat all of them. No, I didn't put up a pockets ice cream and I ate it immediately. I do have a problem with sugar. There we go, but I don't think. But I can't kept yes, and I can't. And I've had times where I've had no sugar for like a month. But also I can't compared to Heroin because I never been on Heroin. That's my only point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't either.
Speaker 1: A flight from Panama City, Florida, to Tampa had to turn around after it was suspected that the bomb was on board. What once on the ground, All one hundred and forty four passengers were asked to get off the plane while security crews did a sweep of the aircraft. It turns out the suspicious device in the bathroom wasn't a bomb. Well, I mean it kind of was. It was an adult diaper. So it's like they looked the ball.
Speaker 2: That's funny, here's a bomb.
Speaker 5: This is a domestic flight Orlando.
Speaker 1: Well there was. It just depends what kind of bomb they were talking about.
Speaker 4: Bomb.
Speaker 1: A guy calls the cops because he can't find his girlfriend she turned off the phone of the movies, apparently from the East Hampton Star. On Sunday, police in Easthampton, New York received a call from a concerned man who said his girlfriend had gone missing. Fortunately, cops were able to ping her phone and track and found her leaving the movie. It seems she was seeing a movie with a friend, turned off her phone, and so he freaked out and called the cops. That's bizarre.
Speaker 2: Two hour movies.
Speaker 1: That's bizarre. Like what else is happening with those two? I watched a big video on the conspiracy about the lotto always being one in California? Do you want to know what the conspiracy is? Yeah? Because I believe of like the top six or seven, like five of them or six of them are from California some number like that, and what happened as people go, well, it must because California has more people. California accounts for eight percent of all Powerball tickets sold. So no, not really, But what the conspiracy is because here's the four biggest ever two point oh four billion California one point seven three billion, California one point five to eighty six billion, split between Florida, Tennessee, and California one point oh eight billion California. California has the highest state income tax, so that means they get the most money if a person wins. Oh Man, Scuba, what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 8: Last week I said we need to do an investigation here that checks out. Yeah, it sounds a little efficient that they win every single time. And then now you have those numbers to bring to the table.
Speaker 1: I bet you the next one is it from California Because we're on their it becomes Tennessee.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I'm done with that.
Speaker 1: But it's their state income tax. It's so high and they can make a lot of money doing it, so they California wins it.
Speaker 7: It makes sense should we send us out there due to investigation.
Speaker 1: Send lunch watch to buy them a gas stations of the California or go to this place that won last time.
Speaker 7: Make sure that even sells lottery there.
Speaker 2: Who's in charge of the big lottery? God, you mean the big one like if we're born and the guys like the Mega Millions.
Speaker 4: Who's in charge of that lottery?
Speaker 1: Probably company, really just a random company because it always like and this is judge by Safetan Johnson and Wilson and the firm brothers. I would imagine that it is a you can look this up, a private company that's probably also working with the government, because the government gets money from like education. Wow. I never thought it'd be like just a I don't think there's a I don't think there's a Powerball part of the government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I just thought like states or something.
Speaker 1: I don't it's powerball just to I think there might be some government.
Speaker 4: The Multi State Lottery Association.
Speaker 1: But again the Powerball specifically, because in some states you can play Powerball, and you can play what's the other one, lunchbox the Mega Millions, and they have those organizations themselves. If their government, I'll be shocked. I know the government is involved you go ahead.
Speaker 8: So it's a multi state lottery association. It's a nonprofit, a government benefit association.
Speaker 1: But what's the powerball and the I'm not asking about that that overseas and I'm asking about the powerball. It's Powerball a company.
Speaker 7: Well it looks like it's a nonprofit. Who is making million?
Speaker 1: If that's different by mister mega, That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: So why don't we like start our own lottery company?
Speaker 1: You can if you can gamble, it's called being you know, no, like you're in chart of the lottery. I know it's like gambling.
Speaker 4: But how would you pay the people?
Speaker 2: A bunch of investors we got, I mean, what's our first shack party?
Speaker 1: You can't gamble one million?
Speaker 3: So we got to find one million, one million dollars and then once we have that, we sell. I'll spin the wheels, dude.
Speaker 1: But powerball and a lot and million whatever, those are different entities altogether. There's separate What do you find it out?
Speaker 7: Mke Wow?
Speaker 1: Real, how is that we find it? What if we're investigating it now we figure out where they're stealing America? A lot of America? What's a lot of America?
Speaker 8: That's what it says, and then don't they say they claim they give back at a percentage to education.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, that's what made me think it was the government doing that.
Speaker 1: But the government's involved in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I thought it was just the government who got voted head.
Speaker 1: A lot of the last election. Yeah that I don't know. It could fully be, it could be fully government loto, but I just don't feel like that's this in like an office in the government.
Speaker 3: I've never thought of it before until all of a sudden, like, well, it's scammy, like who's doing it?
Speaker 1: And I don't really want to think about it anymore. So if it's government running, it probably is scammy. Okay, you know what I mean. Yeah, we'll find out more. Let's see here, parpal conspiracy. Let's see what else. Raymundo wants to do a round of access to everything, able to go to nothing? What does that mean? Oh, let me do it mid roll here real quick?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Here is this? Okay, Ray? What does this mean? Yeah? So I really wanted to go to this Jason al Dean who releasing his album playing it for everybody and everybody got invited to his house. So we got that email and right away I kept telling Bazer. I was like, we have got to go to this thing, and it's something that nobody gets access to. Well, push comes to shove, comes to the time of the event. It's like a five hour thing. I wouldn't have got home till eight o'clock at night. It would have screwed up my sleep the next day. So I wasn't able to go access to everything, ability to go to nothing. But it was on you, I know. But I just kept playing in my head. One day I'd be like, Okay, we're for sure going to this, right, I'm going to this. Are you cool with me going to this? All right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Then it comes to it, I'm like, it's gonna screw up my sleep. It's way out in the country where his house is. You had to take a shuttle. Then I had to get back to my car, drive my car through Nashville back to where I live on the West Side. I just couldn't do it. So access to everything, ability to go to nothing. But it might just be nice to have a normal job. All those people were able to swing it, go party, see Jason Aldane's house.
Speaker 5: I think some people probably sacrifice some sleep for stuff.
Speaker 1: Times, right, But they also can stay up later. Do you know anybody we have early morning hours? Remember that, guys, we get up really early. Yes, but there is some give and take.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Do you enjoy your job? I love my job, but access to everything, ability to go to nothing. But you could have gone. I know, and I'm still kicking myself. It's just like, I don't know if do you want anybody that went? I heard rumors that brother Pitt's went in the other room.
Speaker 2: You have fun?
Speaker 1: Do you ask him? No? Steve was saying that it wasn't that many people there. There's a lot of staff and they waited on your hand and foot.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I think I think Ray needs to go to places, go to things more.
Speaker 7: He needs to say yes and just go.
Speaker 1: Aren't you doing anything now where you're just like saying yes, I notice things?
Speaker 7: That's right?
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 3: I just want I don't want to be in between anymore. I just want to be like, Hey, Amy asked me to do something?
Speaker 5: Okay, Eddie, do you want to come play ping pong?
Speaker 1: Later?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: How hard was it?
Speaker 1: I don't get it because this is what I would normally do.
Speaker 5: Do again, Amy, Eddie, do you want to come play ping pong later, Oh.
Speaker 2: That sounds fun. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let me think about it and then I'll call you like in an hour and be like, I'm not going to be able to make it mean what it means.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: If you don't say yes, you're let me think about it, that means no, you're just trying to be nice about saying.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm being nice.
Speaker 5: I may do this, Eddie. Do you want to go play golf?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go. What time I'll be there?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: But you know what I mean, I just don't want to.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say things just to make someone else feel better about it.
Speaker 1: So why did you come to this conclusion in your life?
Speaker 3: It was something at church they brought up, and I'm like, wow, I do that all the time, like because they said some people do this, and I'm like, that's me, like one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I'm always worried about what other people are thinking. Am I going to hurt their feelings by saying no?
Speaker 3: Am I gonna like feel like I'm pushing, you know, myself to be there or whatever?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm just going to be straightforward honesty no.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, yeah, It'll still be kind Eddie did this weekend, and you can tell me if you think it that he'd being funny or slightly douche move. It's up to you, guys. But I said, hey, we have a friend staying with us over the weekend, one of Caitlin's best friends from Oklahoma, and so I was like, Hey, we're going to just grill some food at the house if you want to come over tomorrow because Sarah's here and we're just gonna grow. Eddie's like, yeah, I might come for a bit.
Speaker 4: So wait, you're not doing your own philosophy.
Speaker 1: Well, and it was like I might come for a bit. It was both. It was like I might and only for a bit if I do.
Speaker 3: And that was because I was really struggling with the decision because my family was out of town and I was looking forward to just watching football all by myself.
Speaker 2: At the house. But then I was like, well, maybe I should go. I should be a little social.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a party. It was literally just us, I know, And he said I might come for a.
Speaker 2: Bit, but I was like, I have to shower and get ready and do all that. But then that was really me saying like I don't know, Yeah, that maybe, but then I thought about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that's if you know, when you weren't even maybe you were like maybe i'll come, and if I do come, I'll only come for a bit.
Speaker 2: That was just the phrasing.
Speaker 1: And I said to him, oh, thanks for gracing us with your presence, like you're so busy for a bit, like to really give us a second of your time.
Speaker 3: I will say, though, I'm proud of you for inviting people over when the Arkansas Razorbacks are playing.
Speaker 2: That's huge.
Speaker 1: Well, no, what not exactly how it happened. Oh day before, Kaitlyn's like, we should grill out. Sarah's here, and I'm okay and the girl. I'm no Eddie, but I'm okay and the girl and I'm like, okay, cool, And she was like, Oklahoma plays at eleven and Arkansas plays at eleven and we can grill at halftime. And I'm like, oh man, I know we're not gonna win anyway. It's been a bad year. And so I'm like, fine, I commit to it. And I said we're gonna get buy food though interested be three of us, and she was like, go heerever. So Eddie and Brett came over and there are five of us, and Eddie actually went out and grilled did all the grilling because I was watching the game. Was close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the reason I did this just because you kept saying like, oh man, I'm starving, and then you keep watching the game and you wouldn't move, and then you're like, god, I'm so hungry, and then you wouldn't move, and I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, I'll just put it on the grill.
Speaker 1: So wasn't the intention.
Speaker 2: I know, during a commercial, I was like I'll just no.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: I was doing that for Caitlin Oh, because we're supposed to eat it one and they were like, well, I don't know what you do to meat, yeah, season and all this stuff, and I was like, I'm so hungry, Like let's go, let's get it ready. So then we ate and then Eddie and then we stayed and Eddie played a shof board table that was awesome, so he stayed for more than a bit.
Speaker 2: I did, how's that having fun?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 3: Honestly, that was just because I didn't know if I was going to do that or not. And then also to Kevin invited me to go somewhere and I'm like, I don't know if I'm going to do all that.
Speaker 1: But then you said Kevin didn't go.
Speaker 2: He didn't he didn't even call me, text me, hear anything.
Speaker 5: This is the two examples of you're saying I don't know, and you said you're stoffing that you're y.
Speaker 2: You literally just said, well, we have two examples.
Speaker 6: Bobby's and then Kevin, you said I didn't know if I wanted to do that, and so you were like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: And then with Bobby, I amazed.
Speaker 1: He goes, Kevin supposed to get watching football, supposed to go with him? Why is it my house? He's like, but I guess I just because he's not there, And I'm like, I don't why are you telling me this?
Speaker 3: Well, that was the part of the problem. It's just like I didn't know what I was going to do. That's why I didn't know to say either yes or no.
Speaker 4: You sound like you have no idea what you're up.
Speaker 2: Maybe I still need to work on it, guys. Maybe I'm still working on it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do you know if someone says, like, hey, do you want to come under the house tomorrow? Do you want to come to the house tonight and watch ky with you No, okay, Oh I'm easy yes or no, Like you don't have to think about it at all.
Speaker 1: I know. And I just say because it eliminates any sort of vagueness with everybody. Oh, Amy asked me something, No.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, Oh I guess that's just something i'd struggle with.
Speaker 1: Scuba Steve gave a hitchhiker a ride. Do you guys hear this? No, but I don't know if this is Scuba what happened?
Speaker 8: So it was I was going to the CBS down the street to get some stuff, and I was in this like euphour Kai posting.
Speaker 1: Dude, you're in a uphour a Kai. You were high?
Speaker 8: No no, no, like like a U four ki from a jud Like you're on this like mountaintop feeling like you want to give back, you want to do all kinds of stuff. You're just feeling the moment of Saint Jude and wanting to give back in some way. And so I'm in line at CBS. Over here this kid crying and he's trying to get a ride home. It's raining outside. The lady's like, yeah, the cab will be here in an hour, and I'm like, god, it sucks an hour. His kid's got to be here. He's like fourteen, fifteen years old. I'm checking out. I kind of looked over at him and I walked out, and I just felt this energy come behind me, and I was like, I bet that's that kid and asked me for a ride.
Speaker 7: Turn around.
Speaker 8: The kid goes, hey, man, you know you know my mom just pick me up that you can do? You think maybe you can give me a ride home? And I immediately was like, yeah, man, no problem, Like I knew him or something, and I'm like and then i have a moment out of body experience where I'm like, why am I asking? Why am I saying yes and taking this stranger home in my car? I'm probably gonna get stabbed here. This is the end of me and this is this is my final day here on earth. But I still was like, no, I'm gonna do this kid needs ride, I'm me and give me a ride home. And so he gets in my car. He's he's start he'ps fumbling with his ankle.
Speaker 7: I'm like, oh, no, here he's gonna stab me.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 8: He's so exactly That's what I'm thinking. And then I still have the conversation with him. We're talking about all kinds of things, like him in high school and all this stuff. And we drive all the way to his house, about twenty minutes from my place. We get to the end and I'm like, okay, here we go.
Speaker 7: This is when it happens. He gets out.
Speaker 8: Everything's totally fine still, And I looked at him in the eye and I said, dude, don't you ever effing get in the car with a stranger ever again.
Speaker 7: You're lucky that I didn't do something to you. I flipped it.
Speaker 8: I flipped it on him what he was so scared, But I flipped it on him because I wanted him to to like, Okay, I got out of this okay and anything.
Speaker 4: It was fine.
Speaker 8: But I wanted him to also understand that, like, you can't just ask strangers for rides, because what if I was a bad person.
Speaker 7: I did something to him or he never made it home or whatever. But I wasn't gonna do that.
Speaker 8: But I want him to realize that not everyone's going to be like me, And make sure you get home safely. And now your mom can't don't have to worry about you, and you're all good, So get inside the house and never do this again.
Speaker 1: Bizarre ending to that, right, Yeah, what in the world you have that conversation as you're doing like, hey, look, man, just be careful TOI you're ride with. I know you had to find it right. Maybe it's not right when you're getting out, like you look, I don't kill you.
Speaker 7: But I wanted to be serious. I wanted to resonate with him. Don't you ever ef and do we all agree with the centiment?
Speaker 2: And did you have to say the f work?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Maybe he just has intuition. Maybe his gut was like, man, this dude's cool, like I can.
Speaker 7: And that was my gut, like this guy is cool, let me get him home.
Speaker 1: And I just thought him, don't you f and pick anybody up and take him to a house again.
Speaker 7: Well, I told my wife. I was like, I'm taking this kid home. She's like, what what are you doing? Call me right now? I can't call you right now. The kids in the car, We're going home now, and just follow my GPS.
Speaker 1: You had a good heart and get intentions. And it did feel a little weird how Scuba told the story, but I get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gave a guy ride to the gas station because he ran out of gas, like I don't know, like six months ago, and it is awkward when you're driving in there with a told stranger.
Speaker 2: You're like, this sounds like a good idea, and now it's pretty awkward.
Speaker 1: Like a blind day you never go on. It's somebody that may not be your time. Do we want to draw for our uh for the game?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah we could do. Yeah, i'd be stings games for.
Speaker 1: So here's what we're gonna do. We're doing this blank Slate tournament. Yes, and because we're playing two on two, the rules will be a little different. But we're gonna play blank Slate, which is a game that we love to play, and we'll get some listeners teamed up with us. Are the phones working yet or no? Oh? Maybe maybe there are right see if you can just get somebody. But we have to draw the names. All of our teams are going to be drawn. I need your arms around me, I need to fill your touch. No, no, no, So we're gonna draw. The winning team wins one thousand dollars and are you okay? Yeah, you're yawning right into the microphone.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry.
Speaker 1: The winning team wins a thousand dollars but you can split it with the listener however.
Speaker 4: You like, and both people and the team have to agree person that.
Speaker 1: We draw as the captain of that team.
Speaker 5: What wait, are you playing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Well, we just don't know.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm playing.
Speaker 1: So there are eight of us and we'll draw two out of its time first as a captain first person, and the captain of their team will be I mean, somebody else can draw this too, It doesn't have.
Speaker 4: To be me. Just do it.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be so pissed if I am not the captain and hold on, if someone decides to give all the money to the listener, I will not be happy.
Speaker 1: I don't want to draw the names because I don't before you do. So it's just money and I want everything to be super fair and I'm not looking at them, but I need somebody to draw the names as not me. You're playing the tournament. You can't do it either. Have a Lauren come in.
Speaker 2: Here before you do this. So does the captain decide how much the split is too?
Speaker 4: Oh see, that's not one.
Speaker 3: So the captain decides if, like say, save Me and Lunchbox are on the team and I'm the captain I can say eight hundred for mestener.
Speaker 1: No, no, come on, that's a good wrinkle.
Speaker 2: I think the captain.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I think the captain's got it. It's got to be even between the players in studio, so the team. It's just the cut of the listener, got it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: All right, Lauren, draw and.
Speaker 4: You have to say before the tournament starts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, draw your first name, Lauren. Yeah, just draw in then hand me whatever you got there. The first person in the captain of the first team is excuse me, Eddie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a captain, baby. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Now. Do we want to draw all four captains or do we want to draw his teammate, my teammate, teammate want bones? Okay, draw for Eddie's teammate, Eddie. Your teammate will be Ray.
Speaker 2: Okay, that'll work.
Speaker 3: Associated Hey, we're like twins, Dick.
Speaker 1: I would have done better with lunch bar team. Ready, Ray and Eddie?
Speaker 2: Okay, I love it?
Speaker 1: Come on, all right, next up, and we'll be the captain of their team.
Speaker 4: How much have you given the listener?
Speaker 1: No, not yet.
Speaker 2: Don't something I'm calculating right now.
Speaker 1: We got to hold on.
Speaker 4: Just put them all just put my mix them up again.
Speaker 7: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, yeah, Abby, you're the I will quit.
Speaker 4: I will quit.
Speaker 1: You're the captain of your team.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, then you'll quit work.
Speaker 4: I'll quit this job.
Speaker 5: Please don't.
Speaker 1: Abby's partner will be Morgan. Whoa, yeah, some good this girl. Okay, So we got Ray and Eddie, we got Team Kansas.
Speaker 4: So who's still left?
Speaker 1: You look around the room. There's three people, now, there's four up. There's Mike.
Speaker 4: Oh, I didn't know Mike was playing. Maybe Scoopa was playing.
Speaker 1: I didn't know exactly why you yell I was one question.
Speaker 4: Guess that's like I'm an idiot.
Speaker 1: Captain of this team is Amy'll let them riding on it, putting your hand, im mediate practice.
Speaker 5: And blank slate over.
Speaker 1: Okay, tonight the per on Amy's team will be lunch boy. Yeah wow, that's all too good.
Speaker 4: Amy, just realize that you have to make a decision on how much we're going to give that knows so.
Speaker 1: And then finally, I don't care, it's just me and you. Mike, right, you can be the captain.
Speaker 4: I'll give a crap.
Speaker 2: No, you gotta decide that the captain me And then Mike.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Mike, gave me a captain if you want? You sure, I don't. I don't mind the captain. You should be the captain. You want a captain, you guys, let's be split captains. Okay, fifty captains.
Speaker 4: I mean you want to be fifty fifty captain.
Speaker 2: That's not the rule.
Speaker 1: Mike can be the captain of our team.
Speaker 2: I don't care, guys, you have to decide.
Speaker 5: I am the captain.
Speaker 1: I am the captain now. No, Bobby and Mike, I know what lunchboxs are saying.
Speaker 5: Amy, do you want to split?
Speaker 2: No, don't listen to Mike.
Speaker 1: Do not want the pressure of the money split?
Speaker 2: Is that why?
Speaker 1: I mean you have to do at all? No, you do not. You don't have to. They're on you, dude. The original plan was you do whatever you want captain, figure Mike captain. Okay, Mike's captain of our team.
Speaker 4: When when do we decide this?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: When are we gonna announce it with a split?
Speaker 5: This is gonna be problematic. I already can do it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Hey do we have any do you have any of the callers?
Speaker 7: They were all we shoot them away. We can find one to get on.
Speaker 1: We can have one, we can have them choose the team. Now choose our team. Because we had people just go submit at bibyones dot com.
Speaker 7: That closed on Fridays.
Speaker 4: We have our four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so we just grab four randomly. And we had to do it like that because we can't do it on the phone because the time zones. And if I go, hey, somebody call me here, well, people in California don't hear that until two hours later, so they don't have an equal chance to get.
Speaker 4: In question, is it a double elimination? Is it around.
Speaker 2: Around Robin?
Speaker 1: And so what you'll do is we'll play and blank Site is usually played a bit different with more people, but since we're doing two on two, we're gonna play it like this. So let's say team Eddie and Ray you're playing team Abbey and Morgan, and that's not what's happening yet. We'll draw the parings so you'll have like ten and Lunchbox will be like the whatever, and Eddie w'll just try to guess the what he's thinking. You get right boom point if it's like big blank what boobs big boobs? Okay, and Eddie, you would say no, let me do one for me, do one for me.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking we're trying to match. Okay, ready, here we go. How about where would you go with that.
Speaker 4: Rain blank? Rain forest? So you wouldn't get a point?
Speaker 1: What would you get?
Speaker 4: We're just written down rainforest?
Speaker 1: Somebody you and I got a point. We're on the same team, but we're not.
Speaker 4: I don't know who said forest me he did?
Speaker 1: I said boots, he said boobs rain check.
Speaker 4: See okay, cow.
Speaker 2: Test them out. I want to see how they're going to play.
Speaker 1: Oh, you guys are the same. Give a car, Give a car like I'm gonna get.
Speaker 4: Just bring something all right, mind now little okay, little Eddie.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, see if you guys match tiny okay, Man okay, Come on, Amy one two three, Tim say dancer, Amy, I would have got you guys, got it right, you would have got what dancer?
Speaker 5: We said that?
Speaker 4: He said Tim?
Speaker 6: Sorry, Amy is going to be like I would start rain bath?
Speaker 1: What okay? Ready?
Speaker 2: God, I gotta think like Ray boobs.
Speaker 1: How about hot blank? Think about it? I got it, got it Eddie and Ray only one two three? What hot day? In my mind?
Speaker 2: I was taking hot hocket.
Speaker 1: You get the points.
Speaker 2: That's not good. No, try again, any luck with the calls.
Speaker 7: We're in the fourth one now, okay.
Speaker 2: Hey, right, think about what I would pick, and I woul think about what.
Speaker 7: You just said.
Speaker 4: You're gonna think like me exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're right, you're right, you're right, that's true, You're right. I guess we got to pick a person. Let's go you, let's go you?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Ready?
Speaker 1: Funny blank one, two three? This is not good. Funny bone, Yeah, I would never say that, wouldn't you.
Speaker 4: Is the only one.
Speaker 5: Funny Bunny.
Speaker 4: Unscrewed. There's no chance draw? What is funny Bunny?
Speaker 1: Name your team? Hey, Eddie and Ray? What's your team name? I like?
Speaker 7: Ready?
Speaker 1: Okay, team Ready? Ray and Eddie? Okay, Abby and Morgan? You want Team Kansas? Or you are like Sunflower or something's.
Speaker 4: Hammering the phone. Sun Flower Sisters, you name it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Sun Flower Stars, okay, the Sunflower Stars, Flower State Stars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's just a sun Flower Sisters.
Speaker 1: Flower State Okay, Amy and Lunchbox.
Speaker 4: Team Disaster what Okaynies? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: What what is a team disaster? Team funny Bunnies?
Speaker 5: I would like to stay more positive.
Speaker 1: So funny bunny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, it's a reminder that I don't really say that. I won't really say funny body because I know you're not going to get that Amy.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine funny bunny?
Speaker 5: Like? No, I know that's what I'm saying. I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Who do you I wouldn't?
Speaker 5: You need to understand I'm not.
Speaker 1: Mike. What do you want our team name to be?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Winners man.
Speaker 2: You guys are having a tough time deciding things.
Speaker 4: No fun indecisive will be Uh.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, hoggy boys, razor boys, Cowboys. I know he's the boys.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 4: How about you guys just.
Speaker 5: Be the boys cowback Oh oh, cowboys and plow boys.
Speaker 1: We'll be team Cowboys and plow boys.
Speaker 7: Yeah that's funny.
Speaker 1: Okay cowboys and we're going to practice. Okay, all right, come over, Hey, so let's we have a caller on what's what's the name of who? Sean? Okay, we let me know which I need your arms around me.
Speaker 2: I need to failure touch.
Speaker 4: Why do you guys say that that's a song, but why is it coming from the top?
Speaker 1: That's how the song starts with it out there, we go to it to Laura. That's why we had to call the number again. Okay, give it one more shot. Do you know where I'm going after this? To the other building we're supposed to be moving to to look at some studio plans. I don't want to move buildings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we have never been in that building, have you never?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Me neither never been there.
Speaker 1: Everybody thinks we work out of there because it has the big company logo on it, but we don't. Right should we hold her now? Other than that, there's a new episode of Too Much Access up with Western Kentucky and their quarterback who is the sound Belt Player of the year preseason, and we're working out with quarterback talking to the coach, Eddie asked a funny question at the beginning. He's like, too many people get on the headset and just everybody talking. You can't really hear anything because everybody don't like, run this play, run that play. And he's like, yeah, sometimes you get tell him to shut up. So it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I didn't know they were all on the same channel. He says, yeah, they are.
Speaker 1: Any luck right, If not, I'm gonna jump.
Speaker 2: I need your arms around me, I need to fill your.
Speaker 1: Touch Hello caller, Hello, Hello, Oh we got somebody. Hey, what's your name? Sean? Hey, Sean. Sorry, our phones have been dead all day. Our microphones have been dead for half the day. So we're struggling with technology a little bit. Today. However, we are going to do a blank Slate tournament, which is a game that we love. You ever played blank Slate?
Speaker 5: I haven't, but my daughter has.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there are four teams here. I'm not even gonna tell you who's on the team. I'm gonna give you the team names, and you pick the team name that you'd like to play for you, and if they win, you win money. Okay, So you have, first of all, you have Team Ready. Okay, that'll be Team one Ready, Team Ready. You have. Team two is the Sunflower State Stars. Guys, don't make noise. They can'tlet her know who it is.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought we were supposed to know.
Speaker 1: Team three is Team Funny Bunny, and then Team Force, Cowboys and Plowboys. Which of those teams sounds to you like you'd like to have them play for you? Team Ready the Sunflower State Stars, Team Funny Bunny, or the Cowboys and Plowboys, Funny Bunny. Okay, and who would you like to If you got to pick anybody to represent you, who would it be? Yeah, I'm not on Team Funny Bunny.
Speaker 2: I'm very sorry.
Speaker 4: Who would be your second choice?
Speaker 1: Eddie?
Speaker 5: What about your third choice? Oh my god, Lunchbox?
Speaker 4: Yeah, welcome to Team Bunny Bunny.
Speaker 1: Lunchbox and Amy are Team Funny Bunny and they'll be representing you. And what happens is if they win the thousand dollars, they get to split it with you however they want. Okay, Sean and maybe getting your.
Speaker 2: Cell phone's possibly Sean.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put you on hold ray, get all information. We will Seawan's on the team. Anybody else on? Are we good? Just gonna check out? Okay, we're good, all right, we'll get the other ones tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Amy, Sewan sounds nice?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, do you want to pick the team?
Speaker 2: But she didn't.
Speaker 1: Who's the captain?
Speaker 5: She wanted me in lunch? Well, I don't even know. I didn't even make the list.
Speaker 1: Amy, who's true? So hold on, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 5: Maybe I was fourth.
Speaker 1: Maybe Amy's Team Funny Bunny. I'm gonna do Okay, Amy, pick a number. Because your team pick a number one, two, or three. This is who you're gonna play in the first round. I got these numbers written down here in order one, two or three. Captain, there's three numbers.
Speaker 2: Three you're gonna pick.
Speaker 1: Three, so you have number two. Would have been the team that was third on my list. So you'll be playing the Sunflower State Stars in the first round. And then Mike and I are playing Eddie and Ray.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, that's a tough draw.
Speaker 1: That's like the super Bowl already, and it's it's double elimination.
Speaker 7: So if you.
Speaker 1: Go and you play the loser, but after you lease twice, you're done. We'll draw the bracket up tomorrow. I'll get all that.
Speaker 3: You and Mike are gonna be deadly YopE. Yeah, because you guys right all the time together like.
Speaker 5: Morgan Navy, are gonna be on the same way.
Speaker 1: Yeahs of course, Launch and am your first.
Speaker 5: We need well, we need to decide if you're going to think like me or I'm gonna think like you.
Speaker 1: I mean, just we got it, Okay, there you have it, strategies in place. All right, all right, we're down with the post show. We'll see you guys, tomorrow, Bye Buddy,