Speaker 1: Avery, get up there on the ballant get ready. We only have one shout that paddle, Morgan, Jack wait for my direction.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it.
Speaker 3: Here's your fears, every here's your fears.
Speaker 4: Come on, Avery, I guessing we don't have all day out here.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 2: I don't see you out there trying to balance on top of this boat.
Speaker 5: You've got this, Avery, just hold on with one.
Speaker 2: Hand while you push off with the paddle.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, now's my moment. Doesn't seem like I'll be making a name for myself with grades or working class more, even the fact that I'm actually two years ahead in science school work. Of all the things I actually feel confident doing, and this is where I end up on the top of a boat, stuck on a rock. So far, this whole camp thing hasn't proven to be worth.
Speaker 6: It at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone, get ready on three one, two, three and push the pedal. It's fine. Now you're saving a broken paddle. We're off the rocks and just get down from there. We got places to be in on the facts.
Speaker 3: Fine. To be honest, seems to me like a whole lot of focus on anything and everything but marine biology. I just wonder what my parents would think of all this, And I'm starting to think there might be some other reason for this whole camp to begin with searching diving awards, basically no education before sending us out. I just don't have the best feeling about it all. Can I really be the only one feeling this way?
Speaker 1: Now? To make up for our slight detour, I'll cut right to the chase.
Speaker 6: Listen closely.
Speaker 1: I'll be giving you a quick run. Now, gear up, tank goes on your back, regulator in your shake, your games, your air, and plate your BCD slowly.
Speaker 2: What in the world is a BCD?
Speaker 4: Don't know?
Speaker 1: Be sure to follow me closely. We do not want anyone wandering off down there. Watch buoyancy, keep an eye on your air, and stay calm.
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 1: Wait, never mind, Okay, let's move.
Speaker 3: Equally terrifying and exciting is how I describe diving. I just wish I could figure out why Hayes is in such a big hurry. Wait, what is he doing? He's taking pictures of a rock.
Speaker 5: What in the world?
Speaker 3: Wait, he's axing off that rock? Makes me think of what they did after Hurricane Katrina last year, when they marked off the empty houses. They already searched strange.
Speaker 2: So Jack, what do you do think about this whole scuba diving thing? And how did a goofa like you get into this camp? Anyways?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes me feel pretty excited that I won the lottery lottery. Yeah, not all of us got in with test scores. You know, my mom entered me. We spent the school year learning all things ocean, and when she found out about this camp, she entered me in the lottery and we held on to hope.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, how did you spend a whole year on marine biology? We spent like two weeks tops on it at my school. And how exactly did you win the lottery? Did you win a game or a raffle? Did you find a magic ticket or something?
Speaker 4: Well, their lottery was pretty simple. I put my name on a card and they pulled out three tickets and mine was one of them. As for the marine biology all year, I'm homeschool.
Speaker 3: Your homeschool too, And I thought I was the only one.
Speaker 4: Boom schoolers through went through put it here right ruent through, I guess, yeah, for sure. Never thought i'd meet people with much in common. Now I'm out here diving for treasure with a bunch of swim team homeschoolers.
Speaker 2: Ooh, whoa treasure? And I'm not homeschooled, just Avery, Wait.
Speaker 3: You think we're actually trying to find something valuable down there?
Speaker 4: Who knows? It's fun to dream, right, This professor dude is totally looking for something, and from the sounds of it, all these guys here are huh.
Speaker 2: I never a thought of treasure. Wouldn't that be something?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: But I still can't shake the feeling that we can't trust this place. Didn't you guys see what Professor Hayes was.
Speaker 2: Doing down there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, taking pictures of the rocks.
Speaker 3: He was exing them off, like someone does when they're trying to keep track of places they've searched.
Speaker 2: Already, call me crazy, you, but it just feels like.
Speaker 3: There's some hidden agenda or secret with this place.
Speaker 4: Oh no, are we part of some grand conspiracy? Now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Averrek, come on? Really?
Speaker 3: Maybe? But seriously, like, why are we required to come to campfire stories every night? Why does mister Thatch read the stories from that old, torn up book? And why does the story seem, i don't know, different from your normal stories about pirates like Blackbeard the Hero.
Speaker 4: No that you mentioned it. Hey, you over here, you do it.
Speaker 2: You go for Pete's sake, Come on, you guys, I'll do it. Who's there?
Speaker 6: It's me, Jim, Jim, Jim, the maintenance guy, you know, the groundskeeper. Just come over towards the bushes. I don't want them to see you. Kids need to listen to me. You need to be careful what you say around here. You can't just talk like this out in the open. Just just keep it down.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, what's going on?
Speaker 6: All I know is that thatch has a real anytime I've seen kids start to question his schedule or his plan, he just goes off the rails. I gotta go, though.
Speaker 5: Just be careful.
Speaker 3: What was that all about. Why would this guy warn us?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but maybe this conspiracy theory of yours actually isn't too far off.
Speaker 2: Agreed, Let's keep our eyes open and no more talking in the open like this. Keep this whole thing on thedo right.
Speaker 3: Everyone just try and keep their eyes and ears open. Let's meet at the edge of camp by that rocky hillside tomorrow before lunch. Maybe one of us will have something to share by then.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 5: Man, So dear campers, let us remember black Beard, the noble pirate who fought for justice and freedom on the high seas. Black Beard I had once been a sailor aboard a merchant vessel, but when his crew was attacked by ruthless pirates, he vowed to protect the innocent from such tyranny. With his loyal crew, Blackbeard sailed the seas, hunting down those who preyed upon the weak and helpless. He raided the ships of cruel tyrants, liberating their loot and returning it to those who had suffered at their hands. His name struck fear into the hearts of evildoers, but to the downtrodden he was a beacon of hope. Many a tale was told of Blackbeard's daring escapades. Once he rescued a group of stranded sailors from a deserted island, battling fierce sea monsters and bravery treacherous storms to reach them. Another time, he stood against an entire armada of enemy ships, his bravery inspiring his crew to fight on against impossible odds. But Blackbeard's greatest act of heroism came when he faced off against the notary glorious pirate captain Bartholomew Roberts. Roberts had terrorized the sea for years, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake, but Blackbeard would not stand idly by while innocent lives were threatened.
Speaker 3: Blackbeard a hero, barth all of you? Since when is that a name for an infamous pirate? Just doesn't add up. And what's with that mysterious book that she keeps reading from. I just need to get a closer look at that cover.