Speaker 1: Now let's get to Washington and two headlines brewing out of DC. Actually I got three, but it's definitely two at this particular moment of time. We'll start with Tesla's CEO and form a head of DOGE Department of Government Efficiency. For those of you don't know mister Elon Musk, who now has an issue with President Donald Trump. According to ABC News, multiple people who have spoken to the President and Musk have described a widening rift on a range of recent moves by the administration in addition to Musk. In addition to that, I'm sorry, Musk went on the offensive yesterday, blasting the President over the legislative agenda. Here's what he posted on X last night. Quote I'm sorry, but I just can't stand it anymore. This massive, outrageous port Field Congressional spending bill is a disgusting abomination. Shame on those who voted for it. You know you did wrong. End quote. In another post, he wrote, quote it will massively increase it's the already gigantic budget deficit to two point five trillion dollars and burning American citizens with crushingly unsustainable debt end quote. And finally, this morning he posted this quote here it is in November next year, we fire all politicians who betrayed the American people.
Speaker 2: End quote.
Speaker 1: The White House has yet to comment. This is not a good look. This is not a good look.
Speaker 2: But how surprised should we be?
Speaker 1: You see, when you talk about the two point five trillion dollar budget deficit, ladies and gentlemen, our national deficits already at thirty seven trillion. So you're talking about this deficit approaching forty trillion. You're talking about Trump and what he's proposing with his big, beautiful bill, reaching the likes of approximately forty three to forty four trillion dollars. We've already lost our credit rating, our stature, all right. The respect of the financial sector of the world has dissipated for.
Speaker 2: The United States of America.
Speaker 1: We've got people on Capitol Hill that are anxious.
Speaker 2: We're so anxious to get into power.
Speaker 1: And we talked about our national debt and how we have to curb spending.
Speaker 2: But what are we doing? What are we doing?
Speaker 1: We've got issues with Medicaid. We've got people who are scheduled to lose their health insurance. We're hearing about an economy that's getting better we're hearing about inflation having dipped. We're hearing that our borders are under control. We're supposed to be a thriving economy, and we're moving in a forward direction. But every time we turn around, we hear about something else. Now, I'm not about to sit here and engage in condemnation because I don't know the particulars. When I think about the Big Beautiful Bill, I'm thinking about it along the lines of there are things to like about it, things to complain about it, and as we look at it, we have to dissect it with a fine tooth of fine tooth comb and recognize that, you know what, everybody's gonna have their feelings. When I think about it, from my notes that I took in terms of the Big Beautiful Bill Act, I just find myself saying, Hey, what's going on? If you're the GOP Extension of twenty seven to twenty seventeen tax cuts, new tax breaks, salt deduction increases.
Speaker 2: State in local taxes. That's what salt stands for.
Speaker 1: Deduction cap is raised from ten thousand to forty thousand for married couples earning up to five hundred thousand dollars. Addressing concerns from representatives and high tax states like New York and New Jersey. The GOP finds that to be a very good thing. Obviously, they claim this bill, the Big Beautiful Bill, is definitely something that supports small businesses. Provisions such as the reinstatement of immediate R and D expensing and increased pass through deductions aim to bolster small businesses and domestic manufacturing. To me, that's lip service. That part is lip service because I need to hear the numbers. I need to hear the numbers, and until I hear the numbers, I'm not gonna feel that way about it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So that's something to think about right there, and we got to look at it from that standpoint. What do the Democrats say about the bill? They've been complaining about it. You know they have you know they have what does a House Minority Leader Hakim Jeffrey says, quote, we believe it's one big, ugly bill that's going to hurt the American people, hurt children, hurt families, hurt veterans, hurt seniors, cut healthcare, cut nutritional assistance.
Speaker 2: Explode the debt.
Speaker 1: That's what a Kim Jeffrey says, he's been a guest on his show and has always welcomed back then the Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. He writes, quote, this is not one big, beautiful bill.
Speaker 2: It's ugly.
Speaker 1: There's nothing beautiful about stripping away people's healthcare, forcing kids to go hungry, the nine communities the resources they need, and increasing poverty.
Speaker 2: End quote.
Speaker 1: What are the Democrats' problems with this bill? They're talking about healthcare cuts. The bill imposers work requirements for Medicaid recipients and reduces federal Medicaid payments to states, potentially leading the millions losing coverage, according to the Democrats. Tax benefits for the wealthy. Democrats argue that the bill extends tax cuts primarily benefiting high income earners and corporations, while offering minimal relief to working in middle class Americans. What else do the Democrats say? It increases the deficit. The Congressional Budget Office itself estimates that the bill could add two point three trillion to the national deficit over the next decade. Social program reductions. The legislation includes significant cuts to SNAP, that is, Food Assistance Ladies and Gentlemen and other safety net programs, which Democrats believe will exacerbate poverty and hunger. Last, but not least, redrit restrictions on reproductive and LGBTQ plus healthcare. The bill prohibits Medicaid from covering gender affirming care and services provided by clinics that offer abortions, aligning with conservative social issues.
Speaker 2: That last part I won't challenge.
Speaker 1: Here is the reason why if you don't believe in abortion, if you are a pro lifer, why should your tax dollars be spending for something that you inherently don't believe in, whether it be for religious purposes or anything else. Now that's different if you were born a man or born a woman and you wanted to transition, I believe you should have the freedom to do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: But should tax payer dollars pay for it?
Speaker 1: See, that's where it gets tricky, and that's what we have to understand that for the most part, I'm very concerned with what the Democrats are saying healthcare cuts. I'm very concerned about that tax benefits for the wealthy, not as much concerned about that.
Speaker 2: You know, the top one.
Speaker 1: Percent of the population spends about sixty percent of the taxes. So if they find a way to exploit whatever loopholes so they can avoid being bled. I don't I don't have a problem with that as long as you getting that sixty percent from them. Okay, they shouldn't get away without paying taxes, but it's not like you should constantly be able to come to people and want more and more and more money, because the more you want money from other people, the less of an obligation you're absorbing of mining your finances. These politicians on Capitol Hill, I'm sicking tired of them coming to us every two years, every four years, asking for more taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 2: What are you doing to manage budgets? What are you doing to curb spending? We can't have everything. We can't. We can't.
Speaker 1: And I'm not talking to Republicans and I'm not talking to Democrats.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to all of their asses.
Speaker 1: You got a budget, you got a deficit over thirty seven trillion out that's its schedule of explode and exceed over forty trillion dollars.
Speaker 2: Both sides of the isle played a pivotal role in that happening.
Speaker 1: It wasn't just Democrats in office and a House, the Senate and a White House all of these years, We've had members of both sides of the isle in all of those houses, all of these years. All of yous did this, all of yous, you all did this. So I don't want to hear it. But I am concerned about the particulars. I am concerned about the specifics, and I think that that needs to be broached. I'll leave it at that for now, because this is the subject that's not going away. We got to get to this other story out of Washington, involving Secretary of Defense Pete Haigseth heg Sept has ordered the Secretary of the Navy to rename the oiler ship USNS Harvey Milk. The ship, which launched in twenty twenty one, was named after the gay rights active and Navy veteran who was forced to resign from the service because of his sexual orientation. A military official says the ship will be officially renamed later this month. No word on what the new ship's name will be. However, the timing is notable given that June is Pride month. In addition to that, the NS Harvey Milk is part of the John Lewis class of oiler ships that are named after civil rights leaders of the ships in this class include the USNS Earl Warren, NS, Robert F. Kennedy, us N S Lucy Stone, and us NS Sojourn the Truth. Ladies and gentlemen, Do I like this now? If I was president of I was the Secretary of Defense, would.
Speaker 2: I do it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I live and let live. LGBTQ community has my support.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with recognizing great individuals from their communities or anywhere else. Doesn't FaZe me, doesn't bother me. They served our country with honor and distinction. I would not change it. But I also respect the right of Pete hag Seth to change it. He's the Secretary of Defense. He works under President Donald Trump, who was re elected as the forty seventh President of the United States, who campaigned on being against some of these things because of how excessive the left was in going overboard with its behavior to highlight and elevate prominently the causes of a fringe segment of our population. In this case, the word fringe doesn't apply because I understand there's a lot of members out there misions upon members of members of LGBTQ plus community, and I would not change it. I support their rights, their civil liberties. I don't think they should be arased. I don't think they should be bothered. I think they should be free to live their lives.
Speaker 2: But as a.
Speaker 1: Black man, ladies and gentlemen, we come out of the womb not being liked.
Speaker 2: We come out of the womb having.
Speaker 1: An uphill battle and an uphill climb because of resistance to acceptance of who we are. And that's just based off the color of our skin. Now who you are is who you are, And folks debate back and forth. Are you're born this way, You're not born. So I ain't getting into all of that. What I'm saying is, in a lot of situations, most people wouldn't know until you tell us or show us. Black folks don't have that luxury. We have to deal with those challenges every single day. So being liked and being embraced, While it would be ideal and beautiful and it would bring peace and dissipate stress in our life and our souls and our minds, the bottom line is we have to accept the fact that some people are gonna be racist, some people are gonna be prejudiced, some people just ain't gonna like us. Some people ain't gonna have any problem with us, but don't necessarily want to vibe with us. And then some people are gonna like us, and some people are gonna brace us more than others, and some people are gonna love us. It all comes with it. It all comes with it. The relevancy of that comment by me, that's soliloquy, that diet trip, whatever world you want to use, by me is simply pointing out that if an administration gets elected and they're against some of those things because they believe that the progressive left went overboard and trying to highlight and big up a certain community of this population, and they are against that.
Speaker 2: Once they're in position of power, they get to do what they choose.
Speaker 1: Just like the left, name the us NS Harvey Milk, if somebody else wants to rename it, it's their administration. That's what they could do. We might not like it, but it ain't a crime. That's not how they flow.
Speaker 2: You don't like it, make sure they don't get elected next time.
Speaker 1: Make sure your causes on the fringes don't usurp the vast majority of Americans' interests, so they'll vote the way.
Speaker 2: You want them to vote so you could get some of the things you want.
Speaker 1: That's how it works. That's how it works in a democracy. You don't like it, get over it. That's the way it is. That's the way it is. Now, before I get on out of here, there is a story that I couldn't wait to tackle because I'm not gonna lie to you. I was kind of disgusted when I saw it. Carne Jean Pierre switches her affiliation to Independent, releasing a new book about a broken Biden White House. She is the former White House Press secretary. If you will recall, ladies and gentlemen, she has consistently or she had consistently consistently decried the notion that President Biden was not up to the rigors of the job. Longtime Democratic Party operative suddenly is urging Americans to step outside harsh party lines, and her new book Independent a look inside a broken White House outside the party lines.
Speaker 2: According to the book's.
Speaker 1: Description, The description also says the former Biden Press secretary didn't come to the decision about leaving the party lightly quote until January twentieth. I was responsible for speaking on behalf of the President of the United States, she said in the statement, according to the Associated Press at noon on that day, I became a private citizen who, like all Americans and many of our allies around the world, had to contend with what was to come next for our country. I determined that the danger we face as a country requires freeing ourselves of boxes. We need to be willing to exercise the ability to think creatively and plan strategically.
Speaker 2: Hold On, hold on, not so fast. And I'm fully aware.
Speaker 1: That she was also a source for Jake Tapper in his book Original Sin with Alex Thompson. You remember I interviewed them last week. Hold on for second, Karne Jean Pierre, You're absolutely right. Nothing that you said as the White House Press Secretary should be held against you, Just like I came on here and said, or I came on other shows like The Handities of the World and others, and I said, what the hell was Kamala Harris supposed to do when she was the VP dying Biden out? She wasn't gonna tell on her boss.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 1: What the hell was she supposed to do? Just like I said that, I would say the same thing about Karine Jean Pierre. What was she suppose to do as the White House Press secretary, She's supposed to sit up there and come out and tell the American people.
Speaker 2: Yo, y'all, he don't have it.
Speaker 1: He can't go he he just don't have it.
Speaker 2: What was she supposed to do? That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: However, Carine Jean Pierre, you were not the White House Press Secretary when you showed up on ABC's The View a couple of months ago.
Speaker 2: You were talking major stuff. Then you were not the White House Press secretary.
Speaker 1: You were an American citizen who was not working in the White House.
Speaker 2: What the hell you going to show for? Then?
Speaker 1: Bouvier in about Joe Biden and how he was alert and he was pride, and he was a great commander in chief and he was shop and.
Speaker 2: All of this stuff. I don't have to clip in front of me because I just saw the story. You're lucky I don't.
Speaker 1: Have time to pull it up. But I'm fully aware of the fact that you were not the White House Press Secretary when you were on the View spewing the same stuff you had spewed when you were the White.
Speaker 2: House Press secretary. So all bets are off.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to do that, but you chose to live with your decisions, living your decisions. You didn't have to do that, but that's what you chose to do. You chose to go front center and still spew the same party line. So what the book's gonna tell us. The book's gonna tell us more about the Democrats, the butchers. The book is the book gonna be an extension of Jake Tapper and Alex Thompson's book Original Sin. You had another Democrat coming out and telling us about stuff that a whole bunch of stuff on the right was telling us, but y'all swore we shouldn't listen to while y'all were engaging in cancel culture, while y'all were engaging in excoriating anybody that caught the Democratic Party out for what the hell was going on.
Speaker 2: That's what we're supposed to do. Now, that's what we're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to listen to you, now, okay, I'll do that, corringe, Jean Pierre, you are more than welcome to come on to stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith Show and.
Speaker 1: Explain your book and what it's gonna say, but not only why we didn't hear it from you.
Speaker 2: While you were the White House Press Secretary, which.
Speaker 1: Is very understandable. But how come we didn't hear that from you afterwards? Why were we hearing the same stuff after you left the White House that you were saying while you were in the White House. Can't wait for an answer to that question. I got several others too. If you're so willing to come on, more than happy to have you. I'm a respectful man.
Speaker 2: Who was raised by five beautiful.
Speaker 1: Strong black women. You are obviously a beautiful, strong Black woman as well, But it doesn't mean I don't have questions.
Speaker 2: Just so you know,