Speaker 1: He is Drink Chants, motherfucking podcast.
Speaker 2: He's a legends every Queens rapper.
Speaker 1: He ain't a greedish your boy in O r E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer, one of its d J E f N.
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean, and the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk chans.
Speaker 1: Mother fucking for every day is New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: That's it's time for drink Champions' drink up. Motherfucking mother speak soup. No, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it.
Speaker 3: We wanted to give y'all one of the best shows that you haven't seen live obviously, and we have one of the illest people ever to touch the mic. We found out that he's a sex symbol. We didn't know, yo, because he's just our brother. He's a real dude. He's gonna smoke us out the roof.
Speaker 2: Who we got? Who we got?
Speaker 3: We got, motherfucking at Joe many A t ain't jo d Man make the mad of the motherfucker bro that makes uthing.
Speaker 2: You might have been ready he might o brother, my brother, Yo.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: This is off to change.
Speaker 1: Should we get drunk, Yes, we get drunk. Beth doesn't get drunk, I know.
Speaker 2: But should we get drunk?
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're gonna get drunk for meth. So meth.
Speaker 3: You said one of the best statements I've ever heard in hip hop?
Speaker 1: What was that about Summer Jam? Goddamn? Go ahead girl, go ahead girl? Wherever are you at?
Speaker 3: I loved what you said because you was like, Yo, you know what, I'm gonna follow my like my trajectory, where my fans go. Where you loved?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: So why did you feel like that about Summer Jam? What was obvious first and foremost that we've aged out of that Summer Jam crowd? They were particularly there to see one person I think it was Sexy Red that night, and a few of the other artists that was on the bill, and I can't blame them for that. What got misconscrewed was they thought I was mad at the crowd. I wasn't mad at all. I'd be a fool to be mad at somebody liking.
Speaker 1: What they like.
Speaker 4: But the thing that pissed me off was the way. You know, it's New York. So even if you don't like the music you know who the f I am period. So when that narrative started to take than, when that narrative started to take flight, I had to nip it in the bud and basically speak my truth.
Speaker 3: Right, do you think us as being New York artist that that that was? That's a very big venue summer jam and it did break a lot of us. I was at the first fucking summer jam. You was at the first time, performed at the first one.
Speaker 1: The first one, no me, you know, first summer jam?
Speaker 4: Wu tang yes, sir, wow, I understand they used to have Battle of the Beats, right yeah, and they had to retire the method Man song because it was up there for too long.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean yeah, we was at the first summer jam.
Speaker 2: So you can we tell you the joke how did you spell your name? Did you? Did you know how to spell your name?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Method Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I know how to spell it.
Speaker 1: That was a joke like how did that record about? Right? You ain't think I know how to spell my same?
Speaker 2: Are you spelled your name right?
Speaker 1: In R N O R E Right?
Speaker 2: For thinking like that?
Speaker 1: But th h O D man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean haul of notes laid the groundwork for that, and you know, a big haul of notes fan and.
Speaker 2: You stay on drinks as earlier before with us.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, so you know you you you are influenced by what you're around. And my parents they listened to everything. So it played a pivotal role in the way I write.
Speaker 2: But were you always method? Man?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 2: What was your first rap name?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: You playing with me?
Speaker 2: What was your first rap name?
Speaker 1: I think it was like Papa Smurf for some ship like that. Listen. I was big on the Smurf. I was big on the big time.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, that was the only rap name, Papa Smurf.
Speaker 4: I don't want to talk about this no more. I had a few, though, for sure. All right, let me ask you, meth.
Speaker 3: I almost I'm almost sure that you're gonna pick what I think that you're gonna pick.
Speaker 1: But what do you like more?
Speaker 3: Performing the record or making the record?
Speaker 1: Damn? It is both? Really? But the performing is the performing is?
Speaker 4: It's always great to know that something that you wrote as a teenager seventeen, right, and you're performing it on stage as a fifty plus year old man, right, and people are saying the words that you wrote a seventeen year old.
Speaker 1: Right that right there resonates more than anything, you know. As far as creating and performing, well, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: Whenever I know I got to show what you, I'll be like, make sure I go before meth Oh.
Speaker 1: Damn, why I don't like performing after you?
Speaker 2: I'm like that with us kill the game.
Speaker 1: This nigga be walking on people's hands. This nigga go out there and walk up people and people just standing there.
Speaker 3: I used to do that shit, yes, sir, And you be jumping on speakers and the ald type of crazyes it.
Speaker 1: But you know what, a lot of that was dictated by the energy in the room.
Speaker 4: Man, And it's like you want to separate yourself from everybody else, and that kind of separated me and Red Man from everybody else.
Speaker 2: You know when we get all stage, Like performing on stage, it was nerve wracking. Like I'm saying, did you as an MC, let's be honest, as an MC, did you really did you prefer spitting in the studio or performing it?
Speaker 4: Okay again both, but the thing is this, I would rather a rhyme and a rhyme cipher than on stage in front of a bunch of people because I know those people in that cipher are there because they want to be, not because they have to be. I mean some of the people that I mean a lot of people that come to the shows.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, like, you're amongst peers there that are going to get everything that you say. So that's the biggest element for me right there. Even when I'm on stage, I'm still in that rhyme cipher. Three hundred and sixty degrees perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna tell you something matter, And I got your personal phone number me and you talk a lot men you there for me.
Speaker 1: Did records with you with the random text and shit, I love you, Lord, I always.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna tell you something. This is something that I cried and I never shared it with you. I never shared it with Ray, I never shared it with ghosts, I never shared it with none of y'all. But when I'm seeing the Wu Tang documentary and y'all seeing y'all looking at each other and y'all rhyming, and then like you over there to the side, Ray is over there to the side, and y'all just talking, and you're a reminiscent I can't lie to you.
Speaker 1: I think that's very moment is when I really was like.
Speaker 3: I really really love hip hop, Like I.
Speaker 1: Really love that iconic how How Legends.
Speaker 3: Like they're just sitting there and they just talking and it's just like it's like the Avengers. It's like superheroes talking to each other, to each other, and I'm looking at y'all and then and then y'all still got jokes, y'all still guard each other.
Speaker 4: It's funny, Noordy, because every now and then when I'm on stage with these brothers, you know, especially when it's not your turn to go, or you just watching the performance like everybody else in the audience, and I'm I'm looking at them, and I see those same guys that I used to rhyme with in the staircase, and it kind of brings a smile to my face in a little chuckle because it's like, Nigga, I remember used to wear the same pants everything. Look at you go, boy, do that damn thing and that that It's hard to describe, but I'm pretty sure y'all get where I'm going with this. And shit to see yourself as a child again, but from a man's standpoint, that outer body experience and seeing the people that you grew up with prosper the same way you did.
Speaker 1: Man, you wish you could bring everybody with you.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: I was luckily enough to go see Wu Tang and Nas performed together. What I didn't realize I got to experience y'all in Paris. But what I didn't realize was it wasn't a Wu Tang show and then a NAS show. It was actually a Wu Tang NAS show. Yeah, y'all, motherfucking mixed that shit up.
Speaker 1: I sat there.
Speaker 3: I again, I never had another fan moment like I was sitting there. Whoever was filming me? So there was one person was filming me.
Speaker 1: He got me.
Speaker 2: Because I'm just like a ah. But who put that together?
Speaker 1: Was that? Rizza? I think it was a combination of NASA's camp in our camp.
Speaker 2: Okay, let Mike stape version of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I honestly, you see the workload that we have over the years as well as NASA's and different crossroads have come where we've done collaboro's especially with Chef and Ray and NAS. You know, they like brothers from another mother. So when this whole shit was put together, of course, we're going to have that concept. But the funny thing was I didn't make the tour at first because I was filming. I came later on and again one of those moments where you start with something and then you see the progression. And when I got there, I'm inspecting, you know, it's a Wu Tang show.
Speaker 1: But we got nas now right.
Speaker 4: This shit was like a Broadway play and I was like, Wow, it really was. These dudes are really doing it, man. I don't think I want to miss too many more shows.
Speaker 3: I tell you that I went to the Paris show and big up to Steve Rifkin.
Speaker 1: I believe it's actually a nigga. I lost my water.
Speaker 3: Your water's right here.
Speaker 1: When I'm open, they bring you a new one. That's that weed be and I got it from Atlanta. M hm, go ahead, man, rest in peace, Rachel.
Speaker 2: But can I say something. I just want to say something about meth. You are the epitome of the evolution of hip hop. Appreciate that and let me make more sense of that. Hip hop has to grow up. Yeah, and I feel like hip hop has a problem growing up.
Speaker 3: No, it's just the audience. I'm gonna keep it a buck with you.
Speaker 4: This has always been a young man's support and you can't blame them for that, right, I will blame them for that, to be honest. Quality of the work has been so good that it has went past just you know, this era and then it's over, nah, because some of these guys that came from those earlier eras are still relevant today.
Speaker 1: And like I said, I go to a lot.
Speaker 4: Of concerts and things of that nature, and you know, some of the newer cats they put asides in seats, but the older cats have been filling up arenas with unity, a lot of us together and that shit is crazy to me for real.
Speaker 2: But I have more to add to that. Yeah, you as an elder. And the thing is when I say elder statements were all involved.
Speaker 1: Hey man, all of us do them alright with it?
Speaker 2: You know in Spanish?
Speaker 1: You me and man, come down me.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is this, you're representing the way that hip hop evolved in the sense that we can keep, we can act, we can produce, we can executive produce. You're doing all of that, and that's what hip hop could continue to do. Hip Hop can't involve everything. Hip hop is everything.
Speaker 1: Actually it does We just need to see at the table where hip hop is being controlled and distributed at you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's that's the bottom line. We went from stabbing Samuel L. Jackson to.
Speaker 1: Power.
Speaker 4: All Right, you're really a lawyer that part. Shout out to Michael Rainey you as a lawyer. No, No, shout out to Michael Rainey Jr. Because a lot of y'all and y'all got to keep it above after Omari was killed, y'all did not want to see to recap his own show. A lot of people were shitting on this young man. We're not even shitting on him, just on the character. And I believe he did a great job. He carried that show and we're on our last season now. We were blessed to even have four season, So thank you guys. Y'all played a major part. Now, did you ever think that.
Speaker 1: You'll be then? Would be? She said, we love you Davis. Okay. Did you ever think it's a two part question? One?
Speaker 3: Did you ever think you'd be acting? Because I heard that you on on a let me break this down. I heard on the set of Soul playing you was very very serious. You was absolutely you was telling people yo.
Speaker 1: We're acting now, right, I don't know if I like you right now? We acting that kind of ship.
Speaker 3: Yes, so, and I know I asked you this in a different way. But isn't that called method acted?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: No, I mean let's say, let's say, because I mean method actors, they they do that extra step where if they're playing a homeless person, they're going to go live on.
Speaker 3: The street for like three hunts.
Speaker 2: I feel that is a method actor. I feel like you were one of those guys.
Speaker 1: I can't even change my accent up, it's what but we can, don't you? Actually? Yeah, that shit is hard for me. That's that's all.
Speaker 4: That's as far as it goes, damnseon interests, that's as far as my ship go.
Speaker 3: But but so so because I want to I got more questions pertaining to that.
Speaker 1: But what made you say that when?
Speaker 3: Because I mean, this is the big rumor in the industry, like method Man was serious or Soul paying Plane cast.
Speaker 1: Well, when you're coming into a different realm or different craft, there are people that have been doing this ship for years and haven't got the opportunities that you're.
Speaker 4: Maybe getting at this moment. So you want to be able to say that this wasn't a fluke first and foremost, and I'm willing to do the work, you know, so it doesn't feel like entitlement or anything like that. And ship, you know, and I think people can respect that, especially if you're willing to do the work, right, I respect that.
Speaker 3: I'm scared to death to be on a set with you. Nah, crazy, I'm fucking with you, not meth Our show is by giving people flowers.
Speaker 1: Right, we got a flower, your flowers, We got the new ship.
Speaker 2: This is a alumni flower an.
Speaker 1: No one else has these flowers.
Speaker 3: This is the first off because we already got your flowers. So this is a.
Speaker 1: Fire, Jobe. That is fire.
Speaker 4: I can't smoke it though, but that is fire. Thank you guys, really appreciate that. But let me talk to the crowd real quick. Let me tell you how much this.
Speaker 3: Man means to the culture, but let me also tell you how humble he is to the culture. Like, this man came to my neighborhood, yeah left rack City, came and shot a video with myself by himself, and he stayed and he took a pictures with every single person.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna do that tonight. Maybe I don't know I'm throwing it on him.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is, at the level you are in success, how do you still remain.
Speaker 1: Humbled like that? Well? I know how I got here, you know, And.
Speaker 4: A lot of people supported U Tang in the early years, and that's the main reason why we're revered today. We didn't switch up on them, So why would I switch up now, you know? Plus, I mean that's just me.
Speaker 1: People always talk about the sexy thing and I get it, and I don't know.
Speaker 4: Look, okay, look, I mean girls, Okay, sorry, I don't even like bringing the ship up. It seems like a dude is ungrateful or let me just say this. I'm smart enough to know what it means, right, but humble enough to not let it go to my head. That's all I'm doing right there. That's the main thing for real.
Speaker 1: And I'm fifty three and I'm happy to be in the shell that I'm in right now, to be living loving. So what you guys see, as far as the physical, that's from the inner, and what's coming from the inner is happiness, genuine happiness. So g you that's right. I want to ask God comes down. I always you know, God comes down.
Speaker 3: God comes down and says, man, you got one record you could make to seem to save the world with a producer, one producer and one feature. Who is the producer? I believe I know who the producer is, but then who.
Speaker 1: Is the feature? First of all, I'm gonna be like what you're doing in my living room? Bro, God, you gonna question God.
Speaker 2: I'm going to assume be Lord Peace to the God. Can I assume?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So can I assume the one?
Speaker 1: You can assumes?
Speaker 2: I can't produce?
Speaker 1: There is but I already did something with these guys. But I'm just gonna use it again. Snoop and Dre.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, so, so dra would be the producer and Snoop would be the feature. That's why hold hold up, hold up, hold up one second. That's fine, let's really speak about this. Your one producer and one feature is Dre Drake. It's like you said, Drake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because every time I work with Dre, I feel like I need to do over you know what I mean, went in the studio. I was in the studio the first time I was in the studio with him physically there that that chronic different because I never got that. I mean, I spit a verse, but it wasn't up to par.
Speaker 2: From me, So Dre was gracious for the chronic.
Speaker 1: You say it wasn't for the chronic. I'm smoking that ship.
Speaker 4: And got caught in them and what's caught in the moment, But Drey was gracious enough to not put it out.
Speaker 1: It kind of leaked any more fucking way. The second shot I got.
Speaker 4: It's for the Dray and Snoop joint coming up in case I ain't no SI went back in and oh he got a lot of fire ship on there, man.
Speaker 1: Joint. Yes, I am.
Speaker 4: And still I feel like I could have done a little bit more. But I'm always gonna feel that right now. I'm always gonna feel that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But one thing, uh, I noticed being on the on the on the tour. Yeah, I mean, well it wasn't like I was on the tour the whole time. But I went to that Paris day and I seen it, and I seen the camarderie of Wu Tang backstage. I went to Na's trailer mixcuse me room, and then I went to Wu Tang room and it was still like Rizza was still like amongst the brothers. He was still amongst the brothers, and he sat there and this is the first time I ever seen anybody ever do this in my life. Rizza had vodka and Japanese whiskey. Yeah, And I was looking like, just don't go together, Riza ship, but he was like, take a shot with me, and I did.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 3: I couldn't say no to Riza to drink you under the table. It's that like, because I'm by the way. He didn't give me life, he didn't give me the Book of life.
Speaker 2: What did he say to him? What I couldn't say, Is that so part of the story that he fuck up?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But Rizza can drink.
Speaker 1: And if Rizay can drink someone under the table and still play back on.
Speaker 3: The kind of he was still on point. But what I'm saying is my point of this question was I couldn't tell him no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he could. He could be like that.
Speaker 3: It could. It could be like that sometimes not with us, though we grew up with who's saying can say no to yeah all the time?
Speaker 1: Okay, at the.
Speaker 4: Time, I did not know, matter of fact to verify. Bring him on drink Champs and you'll see, well, you.
Speaker 3: Know, we had this whole thing. We was going to meet Rizza in Japan. We were supposed to do drink and I'm blowing it up. We might be, we might be, we might be fucking it up. But so I you're part of one of the greatest groups in hip hop, if not the greatest group and hippo right right, thank you, thank he is one.
Speaker 2: Of the leads of the greatest hip hop groups.
Speaker 1: We all time, We all leads.
Speaker 2: So not real talk, not real talk. Listen, Meth. You could be humble and all this ship, but you led that thing. You let the thing that was Wu Tang clan. We all love Whu Tang, but you let that movement.
Speaker 4: Let me get that Lacroix can from the small fuck now I'm playing with you. I love you, brother, Thank you, thank you. I really, I really really appreciate you. Let it bro, I really appreciate you. Somebody feel like that as a whole. I haven't made a record by myself that was even close to the hit that Cream was, so.
Speaker 1: I'll leave it right there around me. And that was a group perfect dollar dollar baill y'all one more time cast through everything around me and as far as the best verse ever to come out of that came that goes to inspect the deck on triumph. So as a collective, they make me great.
Speaker 2: So we all Amy, we gotta figure it out.
Speaker 3: You got gotta work that.
Speaker 1: You gotta spell the whole ship, say the man, my brother E G h O D man.
Speaker 2: H O D.
Speaker 1: D h O D. I'm gonna be I love it, I love it. Yeah, let me let you let me.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that to me, is like the epitome of hip hop.
Speaker 4: Bro Thank you broes, thank you lucky enough to come up in the narrow where it was about lyrics and ship. So the most important thing to us still at this point in time, is what's coming out of our mouths and shit right and wu tang. It wasn't about because the era before that, you know, and I'm not going to say any names, but we were starting to wear the suits.
Speaker 3: Not shiny suits that came after. We were starting to wear the suits, you know, like the.
Speaker 4: Miami Vice shit and all that shit. Niggas were pulling their sleeves up on the suits. No, it was dancing R and B records with.
Speaker 1: Hip hop lyrics, y'all know what I'm talking about. Just do your research. But no, no, no, I'm saying Wu tang. We came from Let's put it this way, we were what people identified with every day in the streets. We weren't the MTV Yo, MTV raps crowd, things like that.
Speaker 4: And to see someone up there that looked like you, dressed like you, didn't have money and was struggling, and all they talked about was the struggle.
Speaker 1: People love that ship man. They always root for the underdog, you know. And our first tour was a fifteen passenger fucking van. We got p d ms every fucking day, thirty five dollars. Fantastic. Huh fantastic was the van. No, I don't know what the van was. It was just a big van, a fifteen passengers, you know, with regular shit. You know, we're sleeping the shits, traveling from state to state. Put in the grind there and at the end of the day, and shit, it made us the artist that we are today. We didn't get it handed to us. We had to go out there and get that ship. I remember fucking hustling just to get a first class seat from death jam nigga, I'm serious, Yeah, you got you had to be you had to be gold, right, That was big for me. No, you ain't have to be gold. You just had to you know. I think, let's just say this, you just had to know your value. Fuck what they was talking about now.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say no names like how you said earlier. But all of these executives, yeah, somewhat, are getting fired. They're not making They're stepping down. They're stepping down.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I said.
Speaker 2: Getting fired.
Speaker 1: Could be it could be a plethora of things. What could be?
Speaker 2: Fuck is happening that they too full? There's some ship happening right now.
Speaker 1: It could be. It could be. Honestly, it could be a lot of things, though.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is happening?
Speaker 1: They could be full full of ship.
Speaker 4: Maybe they know something we don't about the market or whatever. Probably, or third, everybody reads way too much fucking social media and they're.
Speaker 1: Out of here.
Speaker 2: Walk are being bunk and done. Fuck these people the music getting ships full of ship, and they proved it because they all left. We're full of ship and we're leaving.
Speaker 1: About the guy, what about the guy at Nikes.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest, guys, the music industry is ship.
Speaker 3: What about the guy at Nike. He stepped down as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's an asshole. Fuck I don't know that guy, but fuck him too.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't know that guy. I'm gonna seat this guy, so fuck him.
Speaker 1: The vote World makes up. Tell him that you really feel.
Speaker 2: There's something happening in the industry. We don't know.
Speaker 1: You haven't gotten mad that I keep calling you fin.
Speaker 2: I've been doing it on bro, you know why, because I love you.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 1: It's actually d dj e F n e F.
Speaker 2: I'm dj e F fan and you've been doing drops for me and you said my name right, yes, and then you saved my.
Speaker 1: Night wrong, and I'd be like, whatever is this time?
Speaker 3: And you didn't catch it now, don't you?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 1: It's fine though, I know why we have a Vote World, and this.
Speaker 3: Is black excellence at his finest and no excellence because I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Yes sir, yes sir, And contrary I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm a Cuban guy hanging out with people.
Speaker 1: And contrary to what people think, latinos were very instrumental when the start of hip hopcast.
Speaker 3: Right, we're all here, and guess what for all of y'all that don't know, these conferences these these conventions for us to sit around, and you know it's important, bro shake hands, kiss babies, and talk to each other.
Speaker 1: It is very very detrimental to instrumental.
Speaker 3: You know, they knew what I meant.
Speaker 1: They know from resource, just helping out y'all getting better at this resource. That's fire.
Speaker 2: That was instrumental. Detrimental, you get detrimental instrumental.
Speaker 3: So it's very important that we sitting around, we shake hands, we kiss babies, We tell y'all how do we hear? Because if we're not gonna make it, tell the better than who will. So this is the reason why we're here today. We are so honored to be interviewing our brother, our friend, but an icon, a legend, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: M A T H O D man. I mean it matters. Gave him his flowers already.
Speaker 3: Quick, We got quick time, We got up.
Speaker 2: All right, are you ready?
Speaker 1: Because he doesn't drink, so it's cool.
Speaker 3: He can smoke.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want me started off? I can't man smoking. I'm good. Okay, you don't have to smoke.
Speaker 2: Okay, great one.
Speaker 1: Why y'all did that last time?
Speaker 3: I ain't answering that ship.
Speaker 1: You just want to drink it's very we don't drink Yeah, you're both both. Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: I don't have a drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go right. They said he's fine, y'all.
Speaker 2: I was joking, jay Z or NOAs.
Speaker 1: Jay Z and nas Man, you could. Entitled to your opinion, very entitled to your opinions. Drink up, fellas, both.
Speaker 3: Got let you do the whole day DMX A pop.
Speaker 1: Are you both well? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I knew X way better. That's my brother right there. I'm gonna go X. Okay, I'm gonna go X. A lot of people are gonna be upset about that ship.
Speaker 4: But the fact that I knew new X, that's why. That's that's the basis of my choice. Big L or Biggie, big l or biggie.
Speaker 1: Damn, it's all these pot why I gotta be posthumous. Yea, both drink up because that was my man's. Biggie was my man's as well.
Speaker 2: Red Man, old dirty bastard.
Speaker 1: Anna drink up. That's too easy. Drink up, you should have said, Red Mat I met it man, motherfucker. I could just ocean real humility up here and been like Red Man.
Speaker 2: All day podcasts of radio.
Speaker 1: Neither you fucking, blood sucking No, I'm playing. I like podcasts. I'm not gonna lie. I'm not gonna lie. I like podcasts.
Speaker 3: Even Missy Eve or Missy that's that doesn't even match.
Speaker 2: It does match for this audience.
Speaker 1: I mean, what would y'all say. I'll let y'all pick.
Speaker 2: Wall Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wow wait well they spoke waits Yeah, which one is it?
Speaker 1: Or is it Eve? So I'm going with miss Eve. Big up to Eve. He got a book out right now, you know I.
Speaker 3: Knew Eva destructions.
Speaker 1: It's Missy Eve. Y'all gotta drink, bro Yeah, drink all right, go ahead. No you ain't pig e Missy, you ain't picked. He didn't catch the nuance of ship Bud No, no.
Speaker 2: No nuance and none of this ship. Are you ready for Ella?
Speaker 1: Yay?
Speaker 2: Relax, everybody, you guys gotta relax.
Speaker 1: Lamp pick.
Speaker 4: Interesting, interesting because I don't really have a history with either one of these brothers, but I mind if the whatever it is, it's a lot of people are saying yay. Y'all say yay? Who says phar real, you must be from v A and the people that voted for ya must be from right.
Speaker 2: We were not drinking drinking.
Speaker 1: Let's drink, let's drink, no drinking, drink, it's even drink. It's even d j F And.
Speaker 2: I'm not drinking. Sorry, buddy. All right, So Timberland or Swiss beats.
Speaker 4: The Swift shoot, yeah, drink it. No, no, no, no, no, but I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say ship man. No, I don't know, I never I'm uhh you worked with you worked with Swift?
Speaker 1: Yah?
Speaker 2: Should we ask an audience? Nah?
Speaker 1: I mean hold on, hold up?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Timberland say, yeah, okay, hold it? Hold it?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 2: Swiss Speed said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not gonna put Swiss on front Street.
Speaker 2: That was suspect.
Speaker 1: We're gonna say both funk that ship. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm gonna drink the bowl.
Speaker 3: Big go to my brother Swiss who just hooked me up.
Speaker 2: That was out of control?
Speaker 3: Do it versus?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Get that man a shot a habigi, now hit on your shot nothing man, homie right there over there.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's the homie. That's the homie right there. Yeah. Yeah, shot shot shot shots.
Speaker 2: They ain't want to pay me no more.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like I got fired I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: All right, acting or music?
Speaker 1: Ah? Music, Oh I can't. I can't lead the witness. I enjoy acting so much. It's like brand new for me and I'm learning so much. Ship.
Speaker 4: But it's always gonna be music, you know. So that's where I started at. That's why I still met it man in the credit acting Well, no, no no, I said, it's always going to be music. I love acting, but it's always going to be music.
Speaker 1: So I picked one.
Speaker 3: Well, because music is your first love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I only do music now because I want to now, because I have to. So that's that's that's good. But acting is in first place, period, don't get it fucked up. I'm gonna do this acting ship.
Speaker 1: That's how right.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel about podcasting, Like podcasting is in first place. But if I had the opportunity to do music at a high.
Speaker 1: Level, right might continue to do it?
Speaker 4: Like that's crazy because I'm pretty sure there's millions, millions and millions of people that want to hear Norwi come back and do his thing. But here's the problem. Y' don't buy records or stream so we get lost in the shuffle somewhere along the lines and shit and not saying that the music isn't great. It could be the best shit out. I mean Killer Mike. A lot of people we are upset that he won that Grammy or where he swept the fucking category.
Speaker 3: Who is not Killer Mike.
Speaker 4: And a lot of it had to do with ignorance and being uninformed because Mike had been around for years, so he earned those fucking Grammy awards regardless to who was the hottest shit at the time. That album was solid and he put the work in, so he deserved them shits. And that's a part of the problem with hip hop as well, because they don't want it to grow up.
Speaker 3: There's too much information that we have.
Speaker 4: As former artists or former rappers or former singers that they don't want these young casts to tap into. So they draw a line and put this fence up and tell them, if you fuck with that old nigga on this record, you're gonna fuck your career up. Don't rhyme with that nigga right there because he ain't got enough numbers on his streaming. Don't fuck with her over there because she acting like she trying to be you. It's a lot of shit that goes on and it's not even coming.
Speaker 1: From the record execs. They just watching the mice play in the display.
Speaker 4: It's coming from our own the people that are around us, because they're already compromised right by your success, which is crazy to me.
Speaker 1: I mean that's what was.
Speaker 6: I was so.
Speaker 1: Happy when you when you made that statement about Summer Jam.
Speaker 4: Was like, Yo, it's a separation, right, yeah, sort of sort of, But a lot has to do with the radio and shit like that, because they don't play.
Speaker 3: Our records still.
Speaker 4: You know, when I was younger, I was still hearing records from the Temptations and the book, but you know, radio was more relevant back then. I heard a lot of music that was you know, a lot of those cats were already passed on and things of that. You know, mathis and you know, my man Donnie Hathaway, you know what I'm saying, shit like that, But I'm talking about hearing this shit in the eighties, you know, like about late eighties yet and then for some reason something just flipped and hip hop just started dominated every fucking thing, and it was like fast food and people was eating that shit up, eating it up.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Mind you, A lot of people talk about the nineties and they say it's revered. Yes, a lot of great music came out the nineties, but do not put the nineties on a pedestal, because a lot of trash came out in the same fucking era.
Speaker 1: The same fucking era.
Speaker 4: A lot of people were copycat and I remember when DoD's Effects first came out, you'd be surprised hundreds and niggas, you know what I mean. So you can't blame hip hop for following a wave and trying to run with it. You just have to be able to differentiate who the copycats are and who the originators are. And that's where shit gets lost in the shuffle, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean. There were a lot of them that don't even know who invented hip hop. Shit, I can't tell you who invented hip hop, but I could tell you where it came from and what inspired it. It was the fucking struggle that we all was going through at that time, and we needed voices to fucking tell us exactly or express how we were feeling in those moments.
Speaker 4: But we also wanted to shake our ass. Thank you very much, ladies and Jimmy, we all immolated. Somebody tried to be somebody. Did you ever feel like someone tried to RelA.
Speaker 1: This shit motherfucker. I used to be in the mirror doing all the damn steps. I'll be telling them, I wanted to be on the niggas you wanted to be.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was amazing to me, like because you know, I hadn't seen anything like that, mister Jackson five. I think any does not get their flowers enough. Those boys like New Audition period. Yes, wait, so so so so there's a there's a version of metal Man that was out there. No, they ain't got a film like that on caring Now. I wasn't trying to do Candy Rain by that time. I was already wrong. If New Audition need an extra member, let's say Johnny can't make it.
Speaker 1: I got moves, I.
Speaker 3: Noticed steps a step.
Speaker 4: Let's go count me, nigga, Let's go no shout out new addition, salute now.
Speaker 3: I also see the documentary and one of the things about the documentary with Wu Tang was you actually had a legal job.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, And what was it this the what was it?
Speaker 3: The statutual liberty, the statue of liberty. I'm gonna be honest, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I had never been there until I got a job there.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did not know that.
Speaker 1: I had never been.
Speaker 2: Worked.
Speaker 1: I had never been in the Empire State Building until they let us pull that little level ship. Yeah. I mean, when you live in New York, you take all that shit for granted.
Speaker 3: New York niggas is looking at us like these niggas is fouls because none of us never go to the fucking tourist places at all.
Speaker 1: But but you did work as the Statue of Liberty.
Speaker 4: Like people that live in Atlanta don't really go to Lenox Mall, but everybody think everybody being Linux.
Speaker 3: Mall. I was there to day, okay, salute, Okay, So what made you still be a rapper and still go like, have a job, have a legal job, because everyone at that time thought that legal jobs was like not.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: At that point in time, I was still trying to find myself and I didn't want to be hustling on the block, but I was around hustlers a lot, to the point where it was like it was almost training for what my life was going to be after I lost my job. I wouldn't recommend that shit for anybody, though, hustling. If you're not, nah, just don't do it. Fuck that man done. They're like, you know, you fuck your community up. And this is why a lot of times drug dealers and shit around Christmas and Thanksgiving. They'll tell you like they had bad Christmases, and they probably did, but that's them giving back to the community that they're fucking obliterating.
Speaker 1: And I'm just keeping it a buck and it's not.
Speaker 4: Our making, it's not of our making. But there aren't a lot of people helping.
Speaker 1: Us to change it.
Speaker 4: And that shit is frustrating as hell, especially when they're taking more and more programs out of public schools.
Speaker 1: I heard that they just brought back free lunch.
Speaker 4: How is that even a thing that I have to vote on whether you want to feed children or not.
Speaker 1: That shit is crazy. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, free lunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we used to. We used to throw those little.
Speaker 3: Orange cups from free breakfast.
Speaker 1: We used to have fights with them.
Speaker 3: Ship it was always like a little juicy cups.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, But yeah, more programs, you know, focus more on urban problems. And because I think I'm tired of being or just tired of our people being so low on the totem pole. But we set the fucking level of culture and every other thing that's I.
Speaker 2: Mean, that's something. How can we all help to develop these programs in our favor.
Speaker 4: We have people doing things, but like I said, it's not on a level we need to be involved. Yeah, absolutely, How take the phone calls? Take the fucking phone calls, or make the phone calls.
Speaker 3: It just that simple. If it's one thing you could take back from back in the days, what would.
Speaker 6: It be.
Speaker 3: Mmmm saying ninety seven, I want to say that up during my career or just life in general. Shit, you know what, that's a double part questioning now, all right, So life in general, if I could go back and change something or yep, I would change the living standards that we lived in as children for my mom and shit, she.
Speaker 1: Had it rough, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You know she's still here, Okay, yeah, living.
Speaker 1: I'm still just saying, Oh, that's my baby right there, That's what.
Speaker 4: And as far as career career, I would have took it way more serious in the beginning, way more serious, because when when you're at a level where you can't smell your own bullshit, you tend to get comfortable and unfocused, and I had a lot of years of that. You know, it's great to have this second act now where I can show people that I can contribute just more than a couple of bars and shit like that.
Speaker 1: It's great to wake up every.
Speaker 4: Morning and genuinely feel half being just live life, because that's what it's really about. We only get one of these something that really resonated with me. This is one of those times I was on Instagram and this lady, this white lady, was talking about, you know, in one hundred years from now, those clothes you're wearing, nobody's going to care about those. That house that you live in, somebody else is going to live there, and they won't remember who the fuck you are, that car that you love, it'll be such an old model, nobody will give a shit. Basically what she was saying, you can't take it with you, and once you're gone, it doesn't matter who you are, no one will remember you. I would like to say that Wu Tang has a district in my old neighborhood.
Speaker 1: They gonna remember me.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, it is new face still here, my brother face, new face.
Speaker 1: I hope he got the trigues I'm playing I'm playing how y'all feeling or y'all good y'all a little stir crazy.
Speaker 3: Yet he faces a legend in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: From Detroit, right from Detroit. But I don't even know what he got.
Speaker 3: He he wanted to tell me what he got, and I said, no, I want to be as surprised as method man.
Speaker 1: Surprise. Okay, I want to can you show him? This is a hip hop historian.
Speaker 2: He is a super hip hop historian, Atlanta native in a sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see yo, yo, yo rap dog? What is that? That is the rap dog? Hold up the sauce. Holy moly, I don't even think Zino got that. I killed that. I killed that my bad excel cover.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 1: I like this picture right here. I was as cool as a motherfucker, and they let me sit in the middle. I was like, yeah, niggas middle nigga, M I D D L E.
Speaker 3: Heyah, I ain't mad, though you're hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but whose segmences is that?
Speaker 4: You can eats and ray we did this album. Neither one of them niggas showed up to the studio. That's right, I told the world, niggas he got tape.
Speaker 2: Remember who you got?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: Yo, that new face you got me you got I got.
Speaker 3: Like planting them CD to me.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean, bro. Yeah, make some moist news.
Speaker 2: What this is?
Speaker 1: This is ray Kawn purple tape only built for Cuban Linx.
Speaker 2: We go.
Speaker 1: How long we're gonna do this ship? I don't want to kill your hustle and ship. The face you keep sun is like the nostalgia, Dude, nostalgia, new face, new face, nostalgia. Make sure y'all check for my man's here, because this ship official.
Speaker 3: You could tell he had.
Speaker 1: He went and purchased for all this ship.
Speaker 2: That's purchase.
Speaker 1: That's is where we used to come outside the boys. That's where you we knew the producers on the album.
Speaker 4: Appreciation And I signed this one one year, wasn't quick. Oh you recognize your own signature? Nah, that don't look like an old four SI. No, I wouldn't know, so.
Speaker 5: Nigga know his signatures? Me get this one, now, give me your fun out of there. Give all about hold on. It's an autograph on the side, right. Yeah, what's that Norrie?
Speaker 1: You when you get there? Yeah, get me out of out of the hold hold hold makes something? Yeah, this is dope.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Oh.
Speaker 1: I am I think I want one of those takes. I ain't gonna lie. You got the risis signature on there, but you got the read letters. But hold on, hold on, yeah, but listen.
Speaker 3: I want everybody here to end it with me, right, math You're my friend, my brother, absolutely, But I don't ever want to take away from the fact that how much you mean to hip hop, how much you a legend, is, how much you.
Speaker 1: Are icon, how much you are tight cool.
Speaker 3: How much you mean and like, I'm honored that I have your I could call you I'm honored, But it doesn't take away from me being your fan. It doesn't take away from me, you know, loving and honoring and giving you your flowers.
Speaker 1: For what you've done.
Speaker 3: And I want you to never to go a day without knowing how much hip hop loves you.
Speaker 1: And I believe that all.
Speaker 3: Of these people in here feel the same way, right right, do we feel the same way. I really, really really appreciate what you did. Big up to Revolte World once again for holding this down. They have a whole beautiful weekend. It's not just today, it's not just tomorrow, it's not just the other day. It's gonna keep going, You're gonna keep seeing star power like this. But let me thank you Method man, thank you my brother. Like I feel like I'm calling your real name when I call you method Man, but I want to thank you face to face. Man Man. I want to tell you continue to be who you are because Man, we owe you all of hip hop.
Speaker 1: Thank you, brother, I bust my asses, Thank you, appreciate you. Yes, Yes, so picture drop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it in front.
Speaker 1: The whole crowd.
Speaker 4: Yes, a FN, make e FN. Make sure you motherfucking hydrat. Okay, no, that's not a joke. Make sure you're high.
Speaker 1: Drink all right, and to keep you from getting a headachetting them all.
Speaker 6: The Drink Champs is a Drink Champs l see production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e FN.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 6: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at Drink Champs across all platforms. At the real Noriagon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com