Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent.
Speaker 3: Coverage that is possible.
Speaker 2: If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the show. Good morning, everybody, Happy Monday. We have an amazing show for everybody today.
Speaker 3: What do we have, Crystal?
Speaker 1: Indeed, we do many things to get to this morning. So last week there was a star studded Biden fundraiser, three presidents, there, lots of celebrities and also a whole lot of protesters, so we will share that with you. We also have a new audio of a congressman who literally suggested to his constituents that Gaza should be nuked.
Speaker 4: Definitely want to hear that.
Speaker 1: We also have an exodus of John Fetterman communication staffers, so can only guess why they may be living his office at this point. Some explosive leaks from the Daily Wire revealing the circumstances surrounding Candice Owens firing a lot to say about that, as Ben Shapiro has been doing the rounds, doing some interviews and pretending not to talk about this, but really also talking about it.
Speaker 4: So anyway, lots of breakdown there.
Speaker 1: We've got some new updates for you on that bridge collapse and whether other bridges around the country may also be at risk, the US shipping more bunker buster bombs to Israel in the midst of all sorts of horrors unfolding there, and Morning Joe sitting quietly by as the Kafia scarf is compared to a swastika.
Speaker 4: So many things to say about all of this.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right before we get to that though, as a reminder, we have some major upgrades coming to our premium service and there's going to be a lot of fun new features, So sign up at breakingpoints dot com. You're going to want to take advantage now, so you can be the first to find out and you can get the rollout and all of that. So we've got the discount that continues breakingpoints dot com if you want to take advantage. But as we mentioned, there was a blockbuster event in the city of New York. Three presidents current President Joe Biden, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama all appearing together at a major let'sy star studded fundraiser in New York City. Let's go and put this up there on the screen. A record breaking fundraiser. They are calling it some twenty five million dollars for the Biden reelection campaign.
Speaker 3: And it was supposed to be crystal. It was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be one of those really amazing events where the party comes together.
Speaker 3: They raised a ton of money.
Speaker 2: Stephen Colbert, who hosts a news program or what an entertainment program, bizarrely is interviewing these gentlemen that are on the stage. But very very quickly things devolved and showed some of the major fractures within the Democratic Party, including President Obama.
Speaker 3: President Obama snapping back at protesters.
Speaker 2: We have some video from the event just so you can get a little of a taste of what it looked like. If we can go ahead and play that please, so you can see these three Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, all answering questions, probably hard quitting questions, of course, from Stephen Colbert. What they didn't want you to see, though, were the protesters that were interrupting the event, both inside the venue and outside the venue. President and Obama in particular taking great exception to one of these people, let's go and put this up there on the screen. They said that the fundraiser was interrupted multiple times by protesters, and Obama snapped at one of them. He says, Crystal, you can't just talk that you have to listen, and these people don't really want to listen. And we saw some of that in particular outside of the venue with some of the protesters that were yelling at many of those who were coming in, one in particular saying that they will never vote for Biden and they better enjoy Trump.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 1: How much.
Speaker 5: Enjoy Truer?
Speaker 3: So there you go, Crystal.
Speaker 2: It was supposed to be like a major event and instead Obama's freaking out. They got interrupted at least five to six times.
Speaker 3: Nobody actually knows.
Speaker 2: There were multiple videos people being let out and handcuffs and they were screaming, humping, a good old fashioned Obama scolding, something that we haven't seen in American politics in quite some time. And I think this just illustrates that you can try all you want, you know, he can't even go to a college campus. But even at his own fundraiser where people were buying what one thousand dollars tickets and all this crazy stuff with Stephen Colbert, they cannot control outbreak of outrage, in particular amongst a lot of the people who previously supported President Biden. A lot of this over the Israel policy right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you'll recall that they went to great lengths to try to make sure that protesters could not get into this event. That included by lifting the price of admission, thinking that all, well, the protesters perhaps won't have the money to be able to get inside. There were reports that they were using a third party organization in an attempt to vet everyone who would be in the building. This is where the Democratic Party is right now. I think it was doctor Tree de Parsi and probably many others on Twitter who pointed out, listen, this is just a little taste of what the DNC.
Speaker 4: Is going to look at.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a great point, because you also had the police in New York who were going great lengths to keep the protesters far away from This happened at Radio City Music Hall, but there was some great footage including the part that we just showed of these rich liberals walking on of these fundraisers and you know, I'm sure they think of themselves as very progressive, great humanitarians, etc. And having to be confronted with these protesters who are saying, you're literally supporting someone who's aiding and a betting and genocide, Like, how can you live with yourself? What about these kids who were being massacred by the thousands?
Speaker 4: What about them? And so to see them have.
Speaker 1: To walk through this gauntlet of protesters listen, does it in the end make a difference.
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: We know that this administration has felt enough pressure from the poll numbers and the protesters and the uncommitted vote, etc. To at least rhetorically change. It was a you know, sort of watershed rhetorical shift when Chuck Schumer had to give that speech thing that the Netanyahu government is one of the key obstacles to peace and calling for a new government, and as Professor Norman Finkelstein points out as well, having to actually rebut and deal with the charge that Israel Israel is itself a settler colonial state. Now, previously those kind of comments would just be dismissed as anti Semitism. Now they're having to actually grapple with and address those sorts of questions. So there's no doubt there's been a huge Overton window shift. There's no doubt they have felt some sort of pressure, and it's incredibly heartening to me that they know they can't go anywhere without having to face these types of questions. With regards to Obama, as you put it, his scolding or his lecture to the protester that was there, there's an account on Twitter by the handle doctor Hannah Ryan who claims to have been this protester. She says, I was this protester, Obama. I'm listening to the UN International Criminal Court testimony from the Palestinian journalists and civilians in side Gaza enduring a genocide.
Speaker 4: The question is why aren't you?
Speaker 1: And I think that's very well said, Or you could listen to the overwhelming majority of the Democratic base who is disgusted with what they see unfolding before their eyes. So when you contrast the images that came out of this fundraiser with all of these celebrities, are going to show you a little bit of Lizzo and Stephen Colbert, which, as a digression, how sad, How sad that Stephen Colbert, who once had the stones to stand next.
Speaker 4: To George W.
Speaker 1: Bush at the White House Correspondence dinner and really give him hell right there, was now chosen and again from reporting before the event because he was seen as quote unquote stafe pick.
Speaker 4: And they were right by the way. But how sad.
Speaker 1: But the contrast in those images of this star studded, glitzy fundraiser filled with all of these wealthy people who could afford the very high ticket price, and the images that are coming out of Gaza, of the slaughter that this administration has fully enabled and backed and continues to this day. I think that is truly going to be one of the sort of enduring images of this horrible thing that we have watched all unfold since October seventh.
Speaker 2: What's also interesting is just to see, as you said, visually, what it looks like for these Biden individuals. Could put this play this please video of Kareem Jean Pierre, actually we can play next, who was walking through the streets of New York, thought that she was about to come into contact with a fan and then quickly had to do a little bit of an about face. Let's watch it a green Bagrien marias the Mornings is using Gaza Tigreen having a rough time there in the city of New York. At the same time, there was a fourth president who actually was also in the city.
Speaker 3: Let's put this up there on the screen.
Speaker 2: This is important just to demonstrate where the political what some of the political fallout from this is looking like. Because Trump was actually attending the wake of a slain New York City police officer calling for law and order quote to show contrasts with Biden by attending that funeral. The side by side contrast Crystal was supposed to be one designed by the Biden administration to show unity, to show them raising a bunch of money, and instead they were interrupted, you know, pell Mell at their event. All of the headlines that came out of the event were not positive for Joe Biden. They were definitely negative. And at the same time you have here a Trump, I mean, who's now consolidated the Republican Party, not going to erase any of the problems that he has there on his own, but electorally, he's trying to show more of a consolidated party return to some of the roots of the original twenty sixteen campaign, and if you can exploit some of the divisions and the Democratic Party some of the problems there on the other side, we do see how this is becoming a major general election story.
Speaker 1: The Biden team has clearly realized they have a problem with rec to the base of the party, especially with young people when it comes to their you know, the bear hug of Netyahuo approach.
Speaker 4: So they've tried to.
Speaker 1: Message their way out of it. It's not going to work, and we can already see the direction that they're going to move in, which is not to actually change the policy. You know, as we're going to talk about later. They just shift more two thousand pound bunk or buster bombs. As they're out there claiming that they have issues with the way that this war is being prosecuted, as they're out there claiming that they're upset about a potential invasion into Rafa, but there's zero change in terms of policy. So they're quickly going to realize that attempting to message their way out of this problem is not going to work, and so we already see a shift towards what their Plan B is which is, forget these young people, screw them. You know, we're going to smear and dismiss them like we usually do, and instead we're going to try to court the Nikki hayleyfoot or we're going to try to peel off some of these you know, remaining suburban Republicans. And I think that's going to be the game plan. Do I think it will maybe possible. It's possible, you know, I do think that. I do think Trump's got a lot of issues. I think the more that his legal troubles are in the news, I do think it's actually a problem for him. The more that he's in the news, right, he benefits from when the media actually doesn't cover him as much because people sort of look at the past era through rose colored glasses and they forget some of the things that they really hated about him when he was president of the United States. You and the more he's a he was on there on easterving these completely unhinged you know, post cuntruth social I think he posted like seventy times.
Speaker 4: I mean it was insanity, right, and the one that.
Speaker 1: Was actually like the happy Easter one was just all caps, complete derangement.
Speaker 4: The more people are reminded of that.
Speaker 1: The more of a chance, the hey, you know, screw the young people were just going to pick up the nicky Haley voters has a chance of success. But boy do they run a major risk. And that's you know, putting the obviously the morality and the ethics of all of this aside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: No, it's a major risk electorally. And I think for Trump, you know, the less if he can get more headlines like this. For the contrast, I did see it covered at least in some of the media, and less about whatever his happy Easter, even to the haters that the judges the I mean, it's like a meme now at this point, even though it is real, this is capturing headlines also in many ways, in particular with some of the celebrity fallout. This is a particularly hilarious one. We can go ahead and play some of the video of this Lizzo. The Lizzo despite being what it was accused of, let's just say misconduct.
Speaker 3: I think with some of her dancers.
Speaker 1: There was a banana and female gentailor I'm just going to leave it at that, and also fat shaming, which you know, kind of ironic given her positioning as a celebrity.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: So she was there, she was performing, she was going off the hook, but then afterwards put out the most narcissistic post of possible. Let's put this up there please on the screen. She just says, I am getting tired of putting up with being dragged by everyone in my life and on the internet. All I want is to make music and make people happy and help the world be it better than how I found it. But I'm starting to feel like the world doesn't want me in it. I'm constantly up against lies being told about me for clout and views, being the butt of joke every single time because of how I look, my character being picked apart by people who don't know me, and disrespecting my name. I didn't sign up for this shit, I quit Actually did sign up for this, Lizzo, and especially right, no, I.
Speaker 3: Mean you did. And okay, there's one thing to be an artist.
Speaker 2: I think even then when you reach the level of like household name fame, yeah you did sign up for this, But two, you're the one who chose to perform at a political fundraiser. Okay, that's it's like, you know, when people go into what kid rock or any of what are these people who ted nugent? People who support Trump? Fine, they got into the political game there, major household name. They't know what they're doing. You helped raise money for Biden. No shit, you actually did sign up for this one hundred percent. You agreed to do it. You made yourself household name, you made yourself world famous and all that. So don't be surprised if people criticize you for performing at an event like this and you just you know, either didn't do the research or don't know enough to know that this is going to be controversial, even within the circles that she runs in.
Speaker 1: There's so much about this that just pisses me off. First of all, her trying to say, oh, I'm being picked apart because of the way I look. This has nothing to do with the way you look, and everything to do with number one, the allegations that we just mentioned, and number two, the fact that a majority of Biden voters think that this man is assisting in a genocide and there you are raising money for it, and you're supposed to be a little miss peace and love in the world.
Speaker 4: Give us all a break.
Speaker 1: Second of all, as you're pointing out, Sager, it's not that she it's not just that she is a celebrity and you know, set out to become a celebrity, but she intentionally positioned herself in this like provocative lane.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: So you don't get to go out there and you know, be the look, fine, be who you are and whatever, but don't be shocked when people have something to say about it. You know, we don't go out there and when we get a mean tweet or whatever, like I didn't sign up for this. Actually we did, Actually we did, which is why we don't go around crying about it because it comes with the terrain. And you know what, we're incredibly lucky to be here and have this platform, and if it comes with that, so be it. We all knew that going in as big boys and girls. So if you want to rage, quit, go ahead, Lizzo. And then another thing about this is the democratic part, like what can you even say? You know, all these people supposedly have all these principles, how can you take them seriously about anything? And how do they not know that, you know, inviting this women who at this point has all kinds of baggage and the biggest one being that the accusations are she's.
Speaker 4: Just a complete hypocrite.
Speaker 1: Yes, all of her all of her body positivity is bullshit. According to a number of her dancers, she was fat shaming them, et cetera, which again just makes you the biggest hypocrite on the planet, creating a toxic work environment to say the least. And I do encourage you to go back and read the specifics we did. You will watch it, and I don't want to relive all of that year, but you know you're gonna invite this person in when you're supposedly, Oh, I care so much about women.
Speaker 4: It's give me a break, please. Just a perfect.
Speaker 1: Emblem of how out of touch and bizarre all of these individuals are.
Speaker 3: That's right, culture of narcissism at its absolute finest.
Speaker 2: So anyway, let's just say the event, it didn't go well for basically every single person that was involved.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I hope the money was worth the mission.
Speaker 1: And God bless these protesters who hound them everywhere they go.
Speaker 4: I hope they can keep it up.
Speaker 1: That look on koreeen Jean Pierre's face whence he went from the giant grin of racket. Oh I've been recognized by one of my fans to realization, Oh no, this is not a fan. This person has something to say to you. Like I said, is it making different? I have no idea, but I hope they keep it up. And you know, as I said before, just a taste of I think what the DNC is going to look like, where they're going to have much less control over who's there, who's in the room, who's outside of the room. There was going to be overwhelming media coverage, so great point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, DNC's gonna be a lot of fun. By the way, stay tuned for that too. In terms of our coverage, we got some plans that's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: Let's turn to some absolutely insane, outrageous, disgusting comments made by a Republican congressman. This is Michigan Representative Tim Wahlberg speaking to his constituents about what he would like to see done in Gaza.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen, and.
Speaker 6: We spending our money to go to court for them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's Joe Libs recent We need to get your manager and aid into got.
Speaker 8: I don't think we should.
Speaker 7: I don't think any of our aid that goes to Israel to support our greatest ally argument in the world to defeat it from us and our hand in Russia, probably North Threa's in there in China too with him and helping, helping you. Alas, we shouldn't be spending a time.
Speaker 9: When new manager in aid.
Speaker 7: I agree, it should be like Nasaki.
Speaker 1: It should be like Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Get it over quick, calling directly for nuking Gaza and turning it into like Nagasaki in Hiroshima. Now, the truth of the matter is already enough bombs have been exploded in Gaza to be the equivalent of more than two of the equivalent Nagasaki or Hiroshima style nukes. But to see a congressman speaking to his constituents and say that directly and think that that's acceptable to say, I mean, talk about genocidal This is insane, nowsager. He got some pushback in the local press and you know, try to quote unquote soften these Oh, it was a metaphor, a metaphor for what complete annihilation. And I can't help but notice you'll recall Congressman Rashida slib was censured in the House for retweeting something that said free Palestine from the river to the sea. This was national media. However, do you guys probably remember every Democrat got asked about these cons We had a whole national conversation about this rally, chant, etc. When she's calling for equal rights for Palestinians and Israelis, this man suggests nuking the place and crickets effectively from the mainstream media. Will he be centured by the House, of course not?
Speaker 3: Of course, not Christal.
Speaker 2: The full quote is actually even more deranged because it doesn't just call for wiping out people in Gaza. He says, get it over quick. The same should be in Ukraine. Defeat putin quick. Instead of eighty percent of our funding for Ukraine being used for humanitarian purposes, it should be eighty to one hundred percent to wipe out Russian forces if that's what we want to do. So it also wants us to use nuclear weapons and give them to the Ukrainians to wipe out the Russians without thinking then of any of the attendant consequences. Just to give people an idea of how psychotic this individual is. Did you want to hear his defense.
Speaker 1: Rageous to and she reflect on that front I mean, listen, at least when you're talking about the Russians, at least you're talking about military.
Speaker 4: Coat your nation.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 1: You know, in Gaza, you're talking about two point one million people, out of whom thirty thousand were Hamas, right, and you're talking about nuking the place and you know, wiping them out. There is no other word for this than, you know, a call for genocide. So that's the sort of thing that he thinks can just fly at a constituent town hall. I'm very curious whether anyone there said anything, whether what the reaction was in the crowd, because the you know, the clip cuts off right there. But since the level of dehumanization that has become normalized in certain circles is just it's honestly beyond belief, I.
Speaker 2: Would say Chrystal, I actually think the tide is turning. And I think that in the beginning. I mean, we see a lot of this is in polling. You can see a lot the whole like, get it over with, get it over quick. Like I said in September twelve, two thousand and one, what's everybody saying new Gfghanistan? Well, you know, now it's been what it's been almost six months since octom Over seventh. Public opinion is treadomatically. The Palestinian cause is a lot more sympathetic. People have watched the Israeli military campaign. It's not a lot of plausible deniability, you know, at this point. So I actually think that things are turning against us now. I don't know where this This was apparently in Dundee, Michigan, that this happened. But I also think it is noteworthy that he actually did have to walk it back. So he says the people, no, sorry, He said, as a child who grew up in the Cold War era, the last thing I would advocate for would be the use of nuclear weapons.
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 2: I used a metaphor to convey the need for both Israel and Ukraine to win their wars as swiftly as possible without putting American troops in harm's way. And I think what he's I mean, obviously it was clear what he was calling for, but I mean, recall what was it Brian mast and those people says there's no such thing as an innocent child and godz or recall some of these other Republican congressmen who three four months ago, they were receiving no pushback or even frankly, even a lot of media coverage outside of independent circles. This one, I mean, this got written up in the New York Times and the Detroit Free Press Michigan has obviously stayed with a lot of arabor American voters.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about Dundee. I don't know if it's going.
Speaker 2: To hurt his electoral chances or not, but I do think it was at least somewhat noteworthy to me that they were or at least he felt the need to issue some sort of quote unquote clarification, even though it's a BS clarification and what he said is crazy like on every level.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, all right, Well that's a good point that at least now he feels some shame, he's forced to feel a little bit of shame around this and receive a little bit of pushback, at least in the local press in particular. There's some other political news we wanted to bring to you, which is a center fetterman who has become the greatest cheerleader for Israel doing whatever the hell they want to do in the Gaza strip and seeming to show absolute no, absolutely no care and concern for the fate of Palestinian civilians. He is suffering a mass exodus at this point of communication staffers in particular put this up on the screen. Top staffers for Democrat John Fetterman are leaving his office for more progressive jobs as the Pennsylvania sentator moves more to this center. They say, I don't know call at the center, but anyway on key issues. Joe Calvello, Fetterman's longtime communications director who helped him navigate a tumultuous Senate race working on the campaign, left to work with liberal Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson earlier this month. Quote from him, he says, Mayor Johnson is a true progressive who is committed to fighting for the working people and families of the city of Chicago. Deeply honored to join his administration. We also have Nick Gaviot, Fetterman's deputy communications director who started with his campaign, is going to head to the Working Families party.
Speaker 4: And we have.
Speaker 1: One more individual, who is Emma Mustion. I'm going to go with I'm sorry Emma, who served in Fetterman's office, who is going to work on the other Pennsylvania seditor's campaigns enter Bob Casey's re election bid. You know, you can read into this. I think probably a lot of it has to do with his just devotion to Israel, his willingness to even he is way to the right of Biden a retortally in terms of what he supports, and he's criticized by He was doing this whole song and dance about like, how can you criticize Biden on Israel?
Speaker 4: Then you're just helping Trump.
Speaker 1: But then when it came to Biden even rhetorically shifting with regard to Israel, he felt perfectly comfortable to attack him then. And apparently when he does it from the right, it's not quote unquote helping Trump.
Speaker 3: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 4: I didn't even pick up on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot going on there. But you know, I think the big question with Betterman, we had Ryan Grimm's reporting about how he originally sort of staked down this position on Israel very much looked like from Ryan's reporting that he hadn't really thought that much about the issue, And then in his campaign, when he was faced with a primary challenge in that Senate campaign against Connor Lamb, it was more of like a centrist figure in Fetterman at that point was the more of the progressive figure. He just effectively asked Democratic Majority for Israel, like, what should my position be? They literally wrote it up for them, and he has sort of stuck with it ever since. And you know, he's taken a lot of money from APAC, sure that provide it's a hefty incentive to stay lockstep in support. But I think at this point, given the fact that he's not just doing this sort of like standard issue democratic support of Israel, that he's so vocal about it, so vociferous about it, it has to go beyond the money for him, Like, I think he has become completely ideologically locked into this position, beyond any sort of reasonable understanding of the way money may have influenced him and the way that this may impact him electorally, et cetera. Because I could very much see him, you know, next time he has to face reelection, which granted is a number of years from now, but I could see him facing a challenge from the left that could be quite potent. He is definitely risking his career with being such an overt cheerleader for the horrors that are unfolding. So, you know, for these staffers, apparently just became too much to watch this man whose whole political brand now he wants to run away from the progressively. He was not running away from the progressive label when he was running he was Medicare for all. He was originally a Bernie Sanders supporter. He's talking about lifting wages, supporting unions, et cetera. That was his positioning and specifically his brand as a former rust belt town mayor was you know, I'm the one who's going to look after the forgotten people. To then have zero, zero sense of the humanity of Palestinian civilians. I think for these staffers it probably just became too much to bear. And it's no accent that they're all going to, you know, places that are more progressive in a different place when it comes to Israel Gaza.
Speaker 2: For me, I think it's just clear. And these two things something we try and tell people all the time. Guys, people in the office, they're actually not that smart. If you watch the show, or if you even read, you know, any other show, or you know in general, you're probably smarter than some of them.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's think back to the words of this what was his name, the congressman or.
Speaker 2: D Wahlberg, Robert He was like, well, China and North Korea probably in there too.
Speaker 3: Like wait, what what are you talking about? Where? Where do you even get this from? Same with Fetterman.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of these guys are either low information or they are highly selective information in terms of what they take in. They have no challenges, their staff usually either afraid or you know, just going to bubble up.
Speaker 3: Whatever they want.
Speaker 2: If you've ever been in the Senate, for people who are even in Congress, like you can create your own little reality in that world, like once you've been elected. So this is just a good view into kind of the boom or brain and how it can work. And I guess in Fetterman's case too, about how if you want, you can create an entire you know, information sphere that works exactly the way that you want.
Speaker 4: So yeah, apparently apparently.
Speaker 2: There's been some updates on the firing or I guess, departure of canvas Owans Ben Shapiro and Candace allegedly apparently agreed not to speak about it, and yet in some recent interviews Shapiro has been shedding some light into his thinking as to why it was not hypocritical to fire, or at least have Candace Owans depart his organization, The Daily Wire.
Speaker 3: Here's what he had to say an interview with Dave Rubin.
Speaker 5: The difference between a publisher like The Daily Wire and a platform like Locals is obviously that a platform should have a very broad range of speech that it allows, including speech that maybe even the creators don't believe is inside what they would consider to be the Overton window. It's a very different thing than direct subsidization of particular opinions. So the Daily Wire would not have a host, would not pay a host who was staunchly pro abortion, would have no obligation to bey a host who is staunchly pro abortion. And so when it comes to the host on the Daily Wire, obviously everyone was able to say what they want. Nobody ever comes to me and says, you can't say X. Nobody or says that's to Walsh, and no one ever said that to Candace. But the reality is that there is an Overton window at the Daily Wire. Obviously there was a non meeting of the minds. That's pretty much all I can say on this, And you know a lot of this has happened publicly, but to the extent that the Daily Wire is in fact not a publisher, that is in fact not a platform. It as a publisher. That means that there is no moral obligation for the Daily and there's no free speech problem with the Daily Wire saying we don't wish to pay a particular host, or that host saying I don't.
Speaker 3: Wish to work here anymore.
Speaker 5: Because again there's a parting of the ways that I'm that you know, is not really open for discussion at this point. This week, NBC News deciding that McDaniel is too much for them. Ron McDaniel can't work at NBC News. The Sacred Halls and NBC News must not be sullied by the former head of the RNC. Jensake, however, can have a show on MSNBC despite being the Press secretary for the White House five seconds ago. The rights response to that is I think correct to say, you guys have shut the Overton window too tight. But I think some elements of the right have basically said there is no Overton window.
Speaker 3: The Overton winner should be completely exploded.
Speaker 2: So the defense that he just gave there is the exact defense of Facebook, Twitter, and Google Crystal every single time that they take somebody down. We are not a platform, or we are a publisher, and publishers get to make editorial decisions. And yet when it was flipped around that we commonly understand that that is a form of censorship. It is obviously a term which is difficult to update to our modern laws, but we can at least understand that there are speech within Overton window, of which Shapiro has long advocated include him, but now is saying and she can't and shan't include others.
Speaker 3: It seems that with Candice, you know, the other.
Speaker 2: Thing is hypocritical to when he was talking about abortion, is they hired her with full well knowledge of who she was, how she is, and of her mo her willingness to say and whatever they want, and they were happy with it for everything except.
Speaker 3: Whenever it came towards Israel.
Speaker 2: And that's the other thing too, is that I believe Jeremy Boring, who is the CEO of the organization The Daily Wire, had said, for example, he would never hire anybody who said that the quote there was a genocide that was happening in Gaza. So it's like you have two lines at the wire. You have abortion. I mean that one's understandable to me given the history of the organization, but now it's Israel, and it's like, oh, hold, Honestly, I thought this was an organization that covered American politics and was talking about American free speech. But here is just a little bit too much for mister Shapiro.
Speaker 1: Well, how I love how suddenly we're getting very nuanced, We're getting very parsy about this whole free speech conversation and the comments about Ronald McDaniel. I mean, he's really got to work to try to justify that one, because it's very plain to see. All right, Well, if you know you think it's justified to fire Candace because her views fall outside of your quote unquote Overton window, then don't complain when NBC News fires ron McDaniel. Don't complain when there's a backlash over a Tom Cotton a ED and New York Times.
Speaker 4: They're a publisher exactly perhaps this was outside of their Overton window, so it shouldn't be published. Don't complain.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just so clear that the moment it came to this issue, that's very core for him Suddenly everything he had said in the past is gone, and he's got to find fifteen different ways to try to justify a nuance at Craft. This response to try to hide the fact that he has done a one to eighty when it comes to free speech, and just to pick up on what you were saying about.
Speaker 4: They knew who Candice was. She they were fine.
Speaker 1: And this question also over whether it was you know, she was fired for genuinely anti Semitic comments, which I think some of her comments you can say were following the category of genuinely anti Semitic in my personal opinion, or whether it was over her position with regards to Israel. And I think it's very clear because prior to getting hired by The Daily Wire, she had said that thing about if Hitler just wanted to make Germany great and have things run well, okay, fine, that was no problem for the Daily Wire. She had defended Kanye even if she's out there literally saying I love Hitler, that was fine, no problem. But the minute that she has a critique of Israel and is willing to say we are watching a genocide unfold, No, that's the line. And there was there were a couple other things that were really interesting as well, because SAGERI said that thing. Oh, we didn't tell anybody.
Speaker 4: They can't. They can't.
Speaker 1: We didn't never tell Cannas she can't say anything. Yeah, well, most of these news organizations MSNBC, CNN, Fox News, they're not overtly telling their staff you can't say this about Trump or you must say this about Trump. But everybody knows what that quote unquote Overton window is. Candace knew where the Overton window was. She just wasn't willing to abide by those rules and strictures. And so just like it's CNN with Mark Lamont Hill or at MSNBC with Mehdi Hassan, when they went outside of where they knew the lines were, they're gone. So you're just like them. That's the bottom line. You're just like them. Don't pretend like.
Speaker 3: You're Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's the other thing is you need to understand that the if you are going to position yourself and make a million, not even it's probably hundreds of millions of dollars as a free speech organization whose entire purpose, by the way, is to blow up the Overton window.
Speaker 3: And you know what in a certain sense.
Speaker 2: Part of what I despise the most about that was He's like, well, we need to have some Overton window.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, now, we need to have some Overton window. I'm like, by the way, I don't even believe in it.
Speaker 2: I think people should be able to say anything, even the craziest shit, because in general, that's how a lot of truth can emerge. You really have no idea in the actual moment, and I think that's actually very good for society. But now all of a sudden he does believe in you know, where things should be, and it's like, well, you don't see the hypocrisy on how that's used against you, on transgenderism or any erase and all these other issues that these guys have made whole careers, you know, speaking out against. Here they are lockstep with Jonathan Greenblatt and all of them over at the ADL, who they have criticized a million times. So, in the words of Glenn Greenweald, that is what makes me absolutely sick. There's also some evidence too about how this all went down behind the scenes. Let's go and put this up there on the screen. This account censored. Men don't know who this gentleman or who this woman is, but been doing some great work they have actually put out.
Speaker 3: This was the.
Speaker 2: Email sent to employees at the Daily Wire informing them of the impromptu town hall that Jeremy Boring had organized. Employees were told not to bring their cell phones to the meeting. Independent contractors would not be allowed to attend at the town hall. Daily Wire leadership attempted to smear Owens as an anti Semite in front of their employees to justify if their hiring. And you can see the evidence of that town hall, which is very clearly Increase included there for the emails that were sent to their entire staff. Let's go to the next part here, please, because you can see too Candace is saying, quote, Ben, we agreed not to talk about this, but you are very much going on a public tour right now pretending not to talk about it while you were very.
Speaker 3: Much talking about it. Would you like me to do the same.
Speaker 2: Part of the reason, Crystal, that Candace is so dangerous is that her husband is a son of a billionaire. So let's just say she is not hurting for cash, and she truly is. If there is such a thing as fu money she's got it, so good for her, Yeah, she continues, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean it's it's a very revealing situation. And part of why is so important is because there's always been this incredible blind spot on the right, even at the peak of their supposed free speech commitment, when it comes to Israel and Palestine and the number of people this is like the number one issue that will get you canceled careers ruined. Hey, you have this whole like war path against students at Harvard led by Bill Ackman to try to destroy their career prospects for the entire rust of their lives for participating in protests and doing rally chants that he found to be objectionable. If you actually consistently care about free speech, you have to care about free speech when it comes to this issue, no matter what you think about Israel and Gaza and Hamas and what's happening right now, because it is about that principle of free speech, and so it is, you know, it's sort of it's sort of perfect that it comes down to Candace stepping out on the line when it comes to Israel, that that's what it comes down to, and not just Ben Shapiro but so many others on the right, including Dave Rubin, really showing their ass when it comes to their actual commitment to free speech, which is only comes into play when it is people in speech that they find to be ideologically convenient for themselves. And you know, I actually want to recall the comments that Rogan made in the context of Candace getting fired, and you know, you brought up abortion. Ben said, listen, you know we would never hire someone who's pro abortion here.
Speaker 4: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 1: That is a moral position, a philosophical moral position on a political spectrum. Rogan's point was basically, you know, whether you want to use the term genocide or not, you have to be able to deal with the facts of what is happening here, which are not That's not an opinion, right, that's facts in reality.
Speaker 4: So I would even put.
Speaker 1: This issue out side of you know, a sort of like political sphere of debate, because clearly you aren't even at the Daily Wire. You aren't even allowed to really discuss the facts of what's unfolding. You're certainly not allowed to call it a genocide when you have you know, you on special Rappertoire, you have the ICJ saying it's plausible. You have numerous human rights organization saying this.
Speaker 4: So if if you.
Speaker 1: Can't even speak to just the facts and reality of what's happening, then you can't really call yourself a news organization. And no, I don't think that that's an appropriate quote unquote Overton window to have, where you, as a condition of working there, you have to deny reality that's unfolding in front of you.
Speaker 4: That's that's insane. And like I.
Speaker 1: Said, you can't call yourself a news organization there, You're just a propaganda allen.
Speaker 4: And that's that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's fine, you know, be honest about that, But don't be raising hundreds of or you know, asking people sill and asking for hundreds of millions of dollars and buy Jeremy's razors and chocolates and all the other things that these people have done toosition themselves as outside of this specifically the job of trying to crack the so called mainstream and to expand the Overton window to correctly, in my opinion, include some of the viewpoints that they have over there, and then experience and partake in the exact same censorship tactics that they did whenever you were speaking out, so I think that's really really disgusting. I also refer people to Glenn Greenwell's commentary on the subject. It was absolutely fantastic. Let's go to the next part. This is another update on a story that we wanted to make sure that we included. Let's go put this please up on the screen. We brought everybody the news about how the FEDS had rated two of P. Diddy's residences, both in Los Angeles and in Miami, allegedly over a sex trafficking investigation. It appears now from the New York Post, who definitely would have the scoop on something like this. They say the FEDS are set to widen the Diddy sex probe over cleans that the rapper boasted about shooting people, bribing jurors, and using j Lo as a gun mule.
Speaker 3: It says quote.
Speaker 2: Twenty five years ago, at two thirty am on a cold winter night, three NYPD detectives were called into Midtown North Precinct. Rap impresario Sean Combs, then known as Puff Daddy, with his girlfriend Jennifer Lopez, and his bodyguard, as well as another rapper, had been arrested following a shooting inside of a Times Square club that had wounded three bystanders. The cops then found j Lo At that time quote cuffed in the cage. Combs was in the station house and his plans for a spectacular celebration of the new Millennium man. This is really dated for a few days later. We're temporarily on hold.
Speaker 3: It says.
Speaker 2: Now the events of that night and the sensational trial which followed are back in the spotlight. Two law enforcement sources are telling the Post that the infamous shooting and the trial would be reinvestigated as part of the sweeping probe into Seawan Combs and specifically around the gun mule accusations as well as an alleged cover up and bribing jurors, and eventually got him off of one of the gun charges that we had listed and discussed here previously. Part of the reason that they swarmed and went into both of his residences, it appears, is into the sex trafficking investigation for which they were appearing to look for evidence. Obviously, transporting a minor across state lines for the purposes of sex is a federal crime of which there is a very very lengthy jail sentence, and that's exactly what mister Combs is actually being accused of and was previously in some of these losses. But it does appear, I mean, this is a serious, serious problem for him.
Speaker 3: This is up there with R. Kelly and others.
Speaker 2: I do know, Chris, There's been a lot of conspiracy that this is like about covering up some of the people that he was involved with. And it will be interesting to see are they going to tug on some of the threads here that include a Jlo or many of the other rappers and of the famous people who were in his orbit, or are they going to do what they did with Epstein, which is focused on two charges from twenty thirty years ago or whatever that don't implicate anybody. Throw Glane and jail. It just be like, yeah, we're just going to figeret that the entire thing happened. Yeah, that's gonna be a big question.
Speaker 1: And the main character turns up dead. The Epstein vibes here are off the charge. Yeah, I agree, because you have Diddy at the center of this entire ring of celebrities. I mean, he hosted these infamous white parties in the Hampton's. He had not just his you know, the it was not just the music industry, it was the fashion industries.
Speaker 4: This cultural figure with.
Speaker 1: His hands in a lot of different pots, and so a lot of people catching strays right now with regards to the Diddy allegations, a lot of rumors flying about who knew what when, Because the allegations against Diddy, I mean, they last decades, they are extensive, There is a consistent pattern that they appear to reveal. You know, there's a lot of just direct violence, there's a lot of psychological torture and manipulation, and then there's the allegations of sexual assault and you know, across state lines, which leads it into sex trafficking.
Speaker 4: Did He of course denies all of that.
Speaker 1: But if you were best days with Ditty, didn't you probably know some of these things that were going on. Were you potentially involved in some of these things that were going on? And so that's why there's so much a sort of connective tissue between him and Epstein because of these elite circles that they were living in, potential dirt that they have on other people who inhabited those circles, and so, yeah, are we going to learn how deep this went?
Speaker 4: How far it went beyond Diddy?
Speaker 1: Who was enabling You can't do the things that he's accused of, You cannot do on your own without other people knowing and being involved. So who was the Galaine Maxwell? Who were the other wealthy celebrities who kept their mouths shut because they knew what you had on them? Those are the questions that make this story, you know, significant, beyond this one man's apparent. You know, horrific depravity and you know cool, et cetera. That's what makes this incredibly significant. And it just it really is wild to see the way that, especially in the entertainment industry, it seems like you come ap across these characters in every sphere because you have these power dynamics where so many people are desperate ticket close to fame, close to money, get close to power, that they keep quiet, they enable the behavior, they watch, the way they potentially participate in the behavior, And that he was able to keep this under wraps for decades is astonishing. And you know, credit to Cassie who was a first to file a lawsuit. That really was the watershed moment that lead led to a lot of these revelations and very likely you know, ultimately led to this criminal investigation. So again he denies all the claims and the charges of the allegations, but we will see where this goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and this is exactly you made a just good point here about that you can't participate or pull something like this off without a ton of infrastructure that is underneath you. I mean, part of the thing that really came out about how it is so discussing about Harvey Weinstein is not just Harvey Weinstein, was all of his assistance and all these other people, his brother also.
Speaker 4: The people were like, yeah, we know he has an open secret.
Speaker 2: It's like what, like how is this allowed to just continue happening over and over again. It's like we need to know the names of a lot of those individuals, and particularly here. I mean, again, as I understand it, this is this story is popping off in pop culture in a way that I don't really think the mainstream media has grappled with just yet, the views, the level of interest is up there with Epstein, if not actually surpassing it at least in some places. And if they participate and yet another cover up in just a matter of years, people are really really going to take notice of something like that and really learn how this so called justice system and all of that really works whenever rich, powerful people are implicated in major sex trafficking investigations.
Speaker 3: So there we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to turn down to this situation in Baltimore where they're cleanup crews remain trying to extract some debris, looking for bodies, and continue to find out what the hell exactly happened in this horrific bridge collapse after that container ship struck it in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: We have a little bit of a video from the scene. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 6: It's a huge bridge. It's going to be in pieces and tangled. The water is murky, almost no visibility, and some current. So you combine all that and very dangerous environment for divers to work. It's sure a big, heavy Jenga game. It gets precarious and it can all come down at any moment. I think there's a lot of urgency to not only recover the decease, but open that channel and get the bottleneck of shipping flowing again. I would be guessing because I'm not there and I have not seen this myself, but I would say we're looking at I would say days, not weeks to move that ship and hopefully potentially clear the channel. It doesn't mean that the salvage would be over at that point. There will probably be debris and inspections and investigations going on for many weeks in months.
Speaker 2: Pretty crazy that the ship remains entangled within the debris, including the crew, by the way, who remain on the ship. There's still some major questions as to how something like this happens. Let's put this up there. Our friends over at lever News report this. Larry Hogan, the state's governor now turned Senate candidate, has champion quote megaships exactly like the one that destroyed the Baltimore Bridge. So this is a big question around regulation and specifically also around the safety procedures that are involved. Now, I do want to say some of the first responders and the people who are involved, they immediately closed the bridge. They definitely save lives, they worked incredibly well.
Speaker 3: But this I think goes a much at a level.
Speaker 2: Much higher than the individuals who were involved just on the night of, from the captain to those involved. There major regulatory questions around exactly around these container megaships, which has been increasing, increasing, increasing in size. I personally have actually visited, and I recommend if you ever do too, go down to the Panama Canal and go see it for yourself, specifically the new part of the canal where these megaships can actually make.
Speaker 3: Their way through.
Speaker 2: It is really difficult to actually grapple with how gigantic these things are and then the level of infrastructure, machinery and others to better necessary for them in our current infrastructure as compared to some of the older ships of just twenty five even thirty years ago, it's gone exponential, and a lot of our policy has not kept up to date with that.
Speaker 3: Crystal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. So there.
Speaker 1: This was the second major bridge that collapse in similar circumstances. The federal guilelines to product bridges were drafted following the nineteen eighty collapse of the Tampa Bay Sunshine Skyway Bridge. We can actually put this article upon the screen from the Wall Street Journal. That's very good talking about Okay, so this was horrible.
Speaker 4: Is this a risk at other major bridges?
Speaker 1: And basically the answer is yes. They document these eight US bridges are vulnerable to a repeat of the Baltimore crash. Modern spans must have safeguards, but even robust structures might not withstand a direct blow from giant ships.
Speaker 4: So there are a lot of questions.
Speaker 1: Here about what needs to be done, not just in rebuilding this particular bridge to enable these megaships and to try to guard from this ever happening again, but also at these other spans around the country, what potential updates and upgrades and safety procedures can be put into place to make sure that we learn the lessons here and don't have a repeat of this war.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's really worth reading this entire thing because it demonstrates just again how the ships have become supersized, the vulnerability, the lack of regulation around a lot of this. And this also highlights the same problem where the only reason that we had the updated law was specifically because of a bridge collapse in the future. And now, I mean there's all these questions right now that are come to light around whether the federal government should pay for something like this. I also think it will be very instructive as to how well this is done. Apparently, inflation adjusted, this bridge costs around four hundred million dollars to construct whenever it was built inflation adjusted dollars. So then that's going to be a big question is like, well, have we lowered the cost? Is it going to go exponential? Is it going to be billions of dollars? If the Feds are going to pay for it, what will exactly be included in terms of the updated infrastructure for this for not? And there's also you know, obviously lots of corruption that Coolie should be on the lookout for. We can put the next one, please up there on the screen because this is highlights exactly what I was talking about. You could see exactly the size quote of a new ship when the bridge was built, which is tiny, minuscule compared quote to the size of a new ship that exists today, and even minuscule whenever you compare it to the cargo ship that crashed into the Baltimore Bridge. Don't forget this ship is relatively new, It was built in Korea by Hyundai, and demonstrates that even you know, since that time period, they continue to increase in size and in scale. Some of the graphics that they have in front of us are just literally stunning to behold, just comparing a twenty twenty three ship to a twenty fifteen ship, this one that crashed into the Baltimore Bridge, and it demonstrates again why we're going to have updated both infrastructure and thought and need for this, because this is already impacting a ton of travel shipping and travel shipping and infrastructure in the entire DMV the Baltimore metro area as well. It's becoming catastrophic and ours are already said it could turn into now a multi billion dollar boondoggle whenever they're actually trying to fix it, which I really hope they do and they get it running as fast as possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So just for comparison's sake, the ship that crashed into the Baltimore Bridge has the capacity to carry ten thousand containers. The largest ships that exist now can carry twenty four crazy thousand. Now, Baltimore Port was not equipped for that level of megaship, so you would never see like a twenty four thousand container ship in.
Speaker 4: That particular port.
Speaker 1: But this is the size that is now being enabled around the globe. So you know, as you mentioned, Sager, this is a huge blow to global shipping. It's a massive blow to the city of Baltimore, which really didn't need this. I mean, in terms of the economic impact here is going to be extraordinary. There may be a lot of workers, dock workers who are out of work and who are really struggling, you know, while this bridge is being constructed. All of the estimates I've seen it's going to take years. It's going to take years for this bridge to be rebuilt and for this port to be fully back up and functional. So huge impact there. Huge impact obviously in terms of traffic and congestion. I mean, this quarter is one of the busiest and already one of the most congested in the entire country, So that's going to be an extraordinary impact as well. And you know, a lot of questions here still about exactly. You know, it looks very clear there's some sort of like a technical failure. The electricity went out, impacted the steering, et cetera. I mean that the outlines of what happened, it seems like we know. But there are still a lot of questions that have been raised by our friends at lever News about whether this type of ship really, you know, whether it was ever safe for this size of ship to be navigating in those areas, whether those proper safety procedures were in place with regards to the shipping company, whether they were falling procedures, whether safety regulations were you know, appropriately followed.
Speaker 4: Whether the ship was maintained properly.
Speaker 1: So there still are a lot of questions about exactly how this was, how this unfolded.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: We'll continue to stay on the story, keep everybody updated. It's you know, it still remains one of the most important stories in the country. I think it really captured a lot of people's attention to and you know, just such a horrific situation. The idea of being on the bridge, the fallout bridges being something that we go along with all the time. And you know there's something symbolic about too, this great American city already on the downswing, the bridge falls apart.
Speaker 3: Can the government actually reclaim some.
Speaker 2: Of its glory like it has in the past, rebuild something like this possible even better?
Speaker 3: And I think that story is going to be very important for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the heartbreak of those six workers, oh yeah, it was horrible. Most if not all of them, immigrants to this country, were there on the bridge in the middle of the night, you know, fixing potholes and at grace risk to themselves and ultimately losing their lives while trying to make people's commutes a little bit easier. So sure, our heartbreaks for them and their families as well. All right, let's go ahead and move on to the very latest with regards to our policy visa the Israel.
Speaker 4: Let's put this up on the screen.
Speaker 1: This really says it all about where we are in spite of all the rhetorical shifts from the Biden administration expressing their concern about Palestinine civilians, et cetera. Meanwhile, the US has just signed off on more bombs and more warplanes for Israel. Subhead here, despite a widening rift with the Israeli government, the Biden administration continues to authorize the transfer of two one thousand pound bombs and other weapons. So specifically, in addition to eighteen hundred new two thousand pound bombs, we've also got five hundred five hundred pound bombs. They go on to say. The two thousand pound bombs, you guys probably recall this, have been linked to previous mass casualty events throughout Israel's military campaign in Gaza. They are capable of leveling city blocks and leaving craters in the earth forty feet across in larger and are almost never used anymore by Western militaries in densely populated locations due to the risk of civilian casualties. But of course Israel has used them extensively in Gaza one and perhaps most notably in the bombing of Gaza's Jabalia refugee camp that was on October thirty first. UN officials decried that strike, which killed more than one hundred people, as a disproportionate attack that could amount to war crimes. Israel defended the bombing, saying it resulted in the death of a single Hamas leader. Two thousand pound bunk or buster bomb to at best kill one Humas leader, again, according to Israel, at the cost of more than one hundred Palestinian civilian lives.
Speaker 4: So we talked a lot about these two.
Speaker 1: Thousand pound bombs at the time because exactly what they're laying out here. Our military, which also had some issues, let's say, during the War on Terror, you know, and in Iraq and in Afghanistan, etc. With regard to protecting civilian life, they said, in a dense urban environment, two thousand pound bombs no way. The absolute max they would use is five hundred pound bombs. Not to mention here we are hearing all of this supposed concern about Rafa, where more than a million civilians are huddled, desperate, trying to seek safety. We're hearing these supposed concerns, and yet what are they doing in reality shipping the very two thousand pound bombs that could absolutely massacre these people. So don't believe them when they pretend like they care about Palestinian civilians, Like this is the real policy, and this says it all about where we actually are a vis of the Israel.
Speaker 2: That's very Honestly, I was shocked by it because first they tried to do it in secret, as.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't going to lead. Come on, guys, you really think that that's not going to get up.
Speaker 2: But really what kind of shocked me is that we're fulfilling their wish list almost to a t. These are the exact munitions that they need restock, which they don't produce for themselves and they can't buy from everybody else. It also fits with Frankly, Wood has received less scrutiny, but it was also very important. I read this with great interest yesterday. We can put it up there on the screen from the Wall Street Journal. It says quote US and Israel's unprecedented intelligence sharing draws criticism, and it basically says that we have expanded intaeil sharing with Israel after the October seventh attack, quote growing concerns in Washington about whether that information is contributing actually to civilian casualties. The justification of the intelligence sharing was that this would allow them to use precision guided munitions. But it appears actually that instead that the information either maybe disregarded or used, let's say, in a very very different way than it was passed on. And it was originally intended. It first began with hostage sharing our hostage recovery because some of the hostages are American citizens, but quickly actually expanded very much into the similar role that we're seeing with the US military play with Ukraine. But if you pair those two things together, I do think it is undeniable that their military campaign that would not at least exist as it currently is without the United States absolutely and its support.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: And from that article, they say the US shares what's known as raw intelligence, such as live video feeds from intelligence gathering drones over Gaza with Israeli security agencies. We had also apparently dramatically expanded our own surveillance of Gaza previously, so guess we have a lot of these live video feeds that we can offer up to the Israeli's Sarah Yeager, who is watching in, director of New York based nonprofit Human Rights Watch, that the intelligence sharing arrangement has little in the way of rules and restrictions end quote, essentially opens up the entire US vault. So think about our involvement here. Okay, Number one, as we just said, fulfilling the entire wish list whatever they want. Weapons wise, we've shipped more than one hundred different weapons shipments at this point. Even at this juncture when the rhetorical concerns about Palistine civilians have been elevated all the way up to Joe Biden himself, we are still shipping huge quantities of two thousand pounds bunker buster bombs that have been used to absolutely massacre civilians by Israeli. So fulfilling the entire weapons wish list. Okay, what's another key Israeli policy with regard to GASA starvation and collective punishment, which was, you know, complete siege and now, so at the beginning they then allowed in a trickle of trucks. We have also done their bidding when it comes to starving and inflicting punishment across the entire civilian population. Specifically, when they asked us to defund UNRA, we did it. Number one eight organization on the ground, we said yes. Now we have codified into law that UNRA is defunded at least through twenty twenty five. So we're do their bidding there when it comes to another key policy, which is starving the population. And now we learn which we probably could have guessed, but good to have the details here as well, that when it comes to the actual targeting and the intelligence sharing and the surveillance of Gaza work in hand in glove, no restrictions, giving them absolutely everything.
Speaker 4: They want and need.
Speaker 1: And we see Joe Biden himself describe their bombing as indiscriminate, so it's not like he doesn't know that they're not precisely targeting Hamas.
Speaker 4: And these pinpoint strikes.
Speaker 1: We can all see the Dresden level devastation of the entire Gaza strip. So in every way imaginable, we are backing and aiding in the most horrifying atrocities that are unfolding before all.
Speaker 4: Of our eyes.
Speaker 1: And to add insult to injury, let's put this up on the screen from Haretz. Buffer Zone and Control Corridor, what the Israeli armies entrenchment in Gaza looks like under the radar. The IDF is creating a border buffer zone that occupies sixteen percent of the Gaza Strip's territory and an east west control corridor to monitor Palestinians moving north. This is what it looks like in satellite images. They go on to say, without providing many details. Issue is currently pursuing a massive project in the Gaza Strip, again taking up to about sixteen percent of the Gaza Strips area for this buffer zone. They've demolished absolutely everything in this area.
Speaker 4: They say.
Speaker 1: The buffer zone will feature earth dykes and IDF forces will go in and out. There are no plans to set up any permanent military posts inside the zone. That area that has been thoroughly demolished. If you look at the satellite images used to comprise agricultural feeds, greenhouses, solar plant panels, and many residential structures, the IDF is now systematically demolishing these structures. Okay, So this matters for a variety of reasons. First of all, the one more instance of complete annihilation of Gaza civilian life unfolding before our eyes, the intentional demolition of everything that is in this area sixteen percent of the land mass of the Gaza Strip. Second of all, this goes directly against what the US has long claimed is one of our policy redlines with regards to the quote unquote day after in Gaza. Here's John Kirby speaking to exactly.
Speaker 10: That attributed to some of these ministers at this event. Irresponsible, incendiary. I'd go so far as to say, and certainly as a report, with our strong policy statement, what we have made clear that there can be no reduction in gods and territory.
Speaker 1: No reduction in gods of territory. Well, it's happening right here before your eyes. They are the US military, the US you know, intelligence apparatus certainly knows this even better than Haratz is able to report. And is there any concern over this race by the administration to the public, none whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a bit laughable.
Speaker 2: And you know the other thing I had realized too about the intelligence is that given that the Israelis are probably number the one or two biggest counterintelligence threat to the US intelligence community. Sharing them raw intelligence and just expecting them not to gleam and possibly steal basically whatever they want and sources, methods, et cetera is also probably something that probably should be discussed and would have been, you know, privately at least in the past, but obviously was overridden by the Biden administration. But anyway, I think what you can see very very clearly is that at a policy level, as of what this was only a two day ago result, that the weapons are continuing to flow regardless of any violation of alleged US policy, which means that there is no such US policy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's at least the headline to.
Speaker 4: Me, that is the bottom line.
Speaker 1: At the same time, we wanted to pay a little bit of attention to what is unfolding in Israel domestically. Let's put this up on the screen. There've been huge protests. These are images out of Tel Aviv. These are from a few days ago, but these protests have continued and in fact are escalating as of today.
Speaker 4: Huge crowds here.
Speaker 1: For those of you who are just listening, you also see a very aggressive Israeli police response, which once again contrast you can see them being shot with water cannons here, once again contrast with the watermelon and cotton candy that is being enjoyed by the protesters who are there at Gaza blocking aid trucks from going in. Very different treatment here when it comes to protests who are against the net Na WHO government, there's a mix of issues that has brought people into the streets. Let's go and put this up on the screen. You know, hostage families and their advocates have really been at the center of a lot of the recent protests. You had a press conference from the families of hostages against net Nyaho said quote Netanya, who is working against a hostage deal. His behavior regarding hostages is a crime. We have no choice but to say we understand that you're the one who's blocking the deal. We'll do whatever it takes to try and end your term as PM. This is a new phase in our battle to bring our kids home. And again this was from family members of hostages in a press conference. Let's put this next piece up on the screen. Some reporting on a four day protest in Jerusalem that just launched that protest movement against the net Noaho government is expected to face its first significant challenge since the war with Hmas began after leaders called on supporters to converge outside the Kanesset in Jerusalem on Sunday four Straation to set up a tensity that will remain in place for four days. They say members of the protests organization know that the civil awakening of the past few weeks is unlikely to bring down the government in the six days remaining before the Knesset spring recess, but a good turnout would allow the movement to begin the summer session on a high note. They hope to channel public anger that returned last week mainly around the hostage deal or lack thereof, into getting Israelis back on the streets in large numbers for the first time since the war began. Organizers target a Jerusalem Tel Aviv is also a compromise a matter of habit. Families of victims have maintained a tent camp near the Canesset since the start of the war, so you have a combination of upset over the lack of a deal to free the hostages. This goes counter to the narrative that you hear from a lot of American Israel defenders about, hey, you know, just that the war has to continue to free the hostages. Well, these family members of the hostages are saying the exact opposite, that the way to free the hostages, which obviously we've seen as this war is unfolded, is to come to a deal so that there can be a cease fire and hostages can be released, and Palestinian hostages being held by Israelis can also be released as part of that deal. So we know the only time there was a significant hostage release came as a result of one of these deals. Israel has killed some undetermined number of their own hostages with this onslaught in the Gaza strip. So you can understand very logically how they came to the conclusion that your war is not rescuing our brothers, sisters, family members, etc. It is putting them at fur the grave risks.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the family members of the hostages spoke exactly to that. If we can go ahead and play that, please eate. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of pressure coming from the cabinet ministers stating these thoughts. Okay, be quiet, be quiet, play along, come with us to these delegations and then meet with the UN and put pressure on outside players, but don't say anything to contradict the fish a governmental line and the Israel Republic is being pumped with together we would win. Together, we would win, and we're not winning. We're not winning at all. So this this shorade should stop. We need some international intervention because the way things are going in Israel now we're jumping straight head down to the business.
Speaker 2: This rhetoric is part of what drives me so crazy about American politics is they have more debate in their own country than we do, are we? Why is this allowed? Why are they allowed to question their own leaders. He's directly calling for international intervention into his own country. If you called for that here in this country, I mean, imagine you know how they have smeared you look at the way that Natsan Yahu went after Chuck Schumer for calling for a new government. And yet in their country they have widespread thousands of people protesting in the street disagreement over the war policy. But that's allowed, you know, for them, But here it makes you an anti Semitic or pro Hamas or whatever. It's it's just drives me nuts to see that for them, they're allowed to have rational bounds of discussion and whatever.
Speaker 3: And look, I'm not, you know, a whole defender or whatever.
Speaker 2: But at the very least they appear to be have a much more robust debate within their own country, their media than we are allowed in our own country.
Speaker 3: And that actually makes me really really upset.
Speaker 4: To a point, Yeah, to a point.
Speaker 1: I mean, it also is true that there have been many people who have been arrested in harassed for posting propolistic victiments on social media and Israel, So I don't want to go too far. What's acceptable to do is you can criticize.
Speaker 4: The NTA WHO government. Yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: Criticize the hostage strategy. You know, you aren't allowed to say it's a genocide, right, You're not allowed to actually you know fully rebut or dissent from the desire to have this war.
Speaker 4: To begin with.
Speaker 1: Like, there are very clear lines you're really not allowed to you know, fully express support for Palisan civilians, humanity, et cetera. And as I was saying, they have very draconian policies if you cross over those lines. And you can also see the aggressive response towards these protesters as well.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: But what this man was saying was very important because he's revealing that behind the scenes, the Netanyahu government is putting pressure on the hostage member families to keep quiet.
Speaker 4: And you can understand.
Speaker 1: How that would be very powerful because the fate of your loved ones is in their hands. They're the ones who are negotiating who's going to be on the next.
Speaker 4: List of release.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, and so they really could you know, they can prioritize your loved one or they cannot. And so when they're telling you, here's what you need to say, and here's the things that you're not allowed to say, and here's where we want you to be, and here's how we want you to, you know, hush up with these other concerns. Yeah, that's going to be incredibly powerful when you are desperate to see your loved one returned home safe and sound. So it's actually, you know, very revelatory that he's indicating that that sort of pressure is coming directly from the Natanyahu government. There's another issue that is unfolding in Israeli society, which you know is uh, this is a big one for them, and this goes back. You know, there's a long time debate and conflict over whether Israel is going to be an even somewhat nominally secular state or whether it is going to be sort of like an overtly religious state, and this particular conflict cuts to the core of that question. Let's put this up on the screen so dramatic. Is really Supreme Court ruling that freezes funding to ultra Orthodox seminaries unless their students serve in the military is forcing Netnahu's government to contend with its survival.
Speaker 4: They say.
Speaker 1: The headline here is netna who coalition in crisis over religious draft as war rages. Ultra Orthodox parties in the ruling coalition had been assured that they're decades long immunity from conscription would be made permanent, and they were in a rage after the Supreme Court decision. They called the decision a quote mark of Cain. They're threatening to exit the coalition. Those in the quote unquote center who joined the war cabinet last October back to the court, citing the need for war military manpower as Israel faces threats not only from Hamas and Gazaba, also from Hesbula in Lebanon. Since the war, they write, the burden of carrying the ultra Orthodox has become unbearable for large majorities of Israelis, who see their abstention from military service as unfair and a drain on the economy. Thursday's decision means hundreds of religious academies or ishivas will lose a significant portion of their funding, some up to fifty percent.
Speaker 4: And just to give you a little.
Speaker 1: Bit of the background here which they write out while on this story, they say, many Israelis have long resented this exemption of the ultra Orthodox because they don't share the security burden, but also because their eshivas received these huge governments of cities.
Speaker 4: So the men.
Speaker 1: Mostly just study religious texts and don't work. So you're not contributing to the economy, you're exempt from conscription into the military, and we're funding your schools and paying for all of this is the view of the more secular Israeli public. This portion of ultra Orthodox religious Jews makes up about thirteen percent of the Israeli population they live in. According to this article Cloister life of poverty, prayer and studying large families. They believe religious study contributes mortives or real safety than military service, and also fear their young men, if exposed a secular society will leave the fold.
Speaker 4: That's probably kind of justified.
Speaker 1: The problem is in terms of the numbers, nearly half of ultra Orthodox men are unemployed, only fourteen percent of university degrees.
Speaker 4: A quarter of children four.
Speaker 1: And younger though, are ultra Orthodox, raising questions about how the society will support.
Speaker 4: Itself in the future.
Speaker 1: So you have this significant and rapidly growing part of Israeli society, which is also becoming increasingly politically powerful, that has been exempt from the draft and had their whole lifestyle not working and just studying and their schools funded by the Israeli taxpayer, and that population is growing far faster than other Jewish demographic groups in Israel. So, as I said, this is kind of coming to a head now in terms of whether the coalition is actually going to split over this, I find it doubtful because the thing that would happen if they don't have net Nyahu is you'd end up with someone like Benny Gantz, who.
Speaker 4: Is more secular.
Speaker 1: He's still hardline when it comes to the war in Gaza. I don't think the policy that different under Benny Gantse, although as we've discussed before, he may be more sympathetic to the hostage families and more aggressive and seeking some sort of a deal there, so it could be significant there, but certainly he's not going to be on their side.
Speaker 4: When it comes to an issue like that.
Speaker 1: So I think they feel like net Nyahu is probably the lesser of two evils, to use some political phrasing from that we might be familiar with here in America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, these people are the whole situation is because Crystal. It's not only do they get their schools funded, they are also the biggest welfare queens on the planet and they literally get paid by the state in order to sit out religion to not where they don't do anything.
Speaker 3: And they also have like ten children. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: If anybody's ever been to Jerusalem or to Israel, you see them all over. The secular Israelis hate them with the passion, specifically for this reason and especially now. I mean, look, serving in the military is not fun. You have to give up two years of your entire life. Rich and poor everybody alike, except if you're one of them, and they get paid, they get their exemptions, they have all these children, they get basically vassals of the state in order to just study religion all day. I mean, it's just outrageous, especially in an allegedly secular democracy. So anyway, I think in this particular case, though, if they are able to maintain their draft exemption even in the biggest draft call up in Israeli history, and as you've had massive blows to the economy, it does demonstrate their power. Part of the reason why some politicians don't want get on the wrong side of them is because their population booms so much that there's some projections that say some fifty percent of the country in fifty years is going to just be ultra Orthodox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are going to be the Hurries.
Speaker 2: So they're like, well, demographics is kind of destiny at that point, and that will put very irreconcilable parts of Israeli society that really come up against each other. It's hard to even put in a US context because we really can't understand just like how different they're both visions of the country, of the state, of what it's supposed to be and all of that actually are, and they somehow coexist in the same place, which is like barely the size of a US state.
Speaker 1: Well, and their representatives would be more of the like Smotrich ben Gevier.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 2: See, they have crazy beliefs. Some of them don't even believe that Israel is a real country. You know, some of them have been arrested by the secular military play. This is my other thing. Their biblical interpretations and all that are way all over the map. So even smoke tris I don't know if he's one hundred percent you know, in line. And they have much more like socially conservative views on some things. They're not necessarily as pro military in others. It's difficult to get to like wrap your head around them. It's a weird group.
Speaker 1: But just so people understand, like this Supreme Court decision is already going into effect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the funding is being.
Speaker 1: Pulled, the draft lifts, lists are being created.
Speaker 4: This is going into action now.
Speaker 1: There could be some sort of political comment compromise that makes its way through the Kanesset. And my understanding is, you know, that's a possibility that you don't end up fully with, you know, all of them being drafted. Maybe there's some more limited exemptions something of that nature. And funding being restored. So this isn't a done deal yet. However, as of today it is going into effect. They are taking action after this Supreme Court ruling. And you know, this is a massive, massive issue in Israeli domestic society, and it is one more thing that makes Netnahu's coalition, you know, tenuous. You add to that then the secular protests against him in the streets of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, which are by all accounts, you know, these are some of the most massive protests that they've seen since the war began. And you can see the pressure that he is certainly under himself. And as we have said million times before, he thinks it's in his best interest to keep this war going as long as he possibly can, because it allows him to forestall any questions about a new government, saying listen, well, you know, we'll look into the failures in October sent but it's got to.
Speaker 4: Be after the war.
Speaker 1: Yes, So it's right, guess what, you want to keep the war going forever, and apparently the US is happy to back you in that endeavor. All right, let's get to some more shocking comments made on Joe Biden's favorite morning show, program, Morning Joe. This is the head of the ADL Jonathan Greenblatt, comparing the Kafias scarf worn by Palestinian activists Palestinians themselves, peoples stand in solidarity with Palestinians, comparing that to the swastika.
Speaker 4: Take listen, you have got.
Speaker 11: To be concerned because these kids on these college campuses. Guess where they're going to your boardrooms. They're going to editorial boards, They're going to the assignment death of news networks people who stay death to the Zionists. I wish for that and worse. And if you wouldn't tolerate it if someone is wearing a swastika on their arm, I'm sorry, you shouldn't tolerate it. If they're wearing a caffeita, there are flowing death to anyone.
Speaker 1: All right, CEO of the Antidefamation, Lady Jonathan Greenblat, God bless the poor internet connection there. But you know this is outrageous to compare a kafia to a swastika and smear all of the fifty of American Jews want to cease fire, Okay, to smear anybody who associates themselves with the Palestinian cause and basic palestin humanity as an antisemit, semite and on the level of a Nazi is so dis and that that can be aired on the most mainstream of news programs. And it's not just that he says that, it's that not a single person on that We were there seven people up on the screen there sitting there listening to these comments. Not one of them objects, not one. Now, imagine, let's put the shoe on the other foot. Let's say that you had someone on the panel who equated an Israeli flag to and displaying an Israeli flag to a swastika. Do you think they would just sit back quietly and let that slide and calmly end the segment. Of course not. It would be a national news story. The entire panel would have completely melted down and freaked down.
Speaker 4: And we know this. Remember when Nina Turner was on.
Speaker 1: CNN on one of the primary election nights and she just tried to bring up the facts about what was being done and why so many people were motivated to come out out and vote uncommitted against JOBAI. They all freaked out, They melted down, Anderson Cooper wouldn't even allow her to finish her comments, yet here Kafia compared to swastika silence.
Speaker 2: Now, it is funny though, because at a certain point, if you're grasping for things now, at that level, it's like, what are we even doing here?
Speaker 3: You just look like a complete clown.
Speaker 2: What's also ironic, I would just say, is that if you look into some of these so called swastika instances on college campuses, nine out of ten of them are complete bullshit just so people do and are either inside jobs for attention or not. I actually went to George Watching University, one of the original homes of the swastika hoax, So just gonna put that out there. That's first and foremost, but second in terms of comparing the Kafia the political statement, the point that you just made is an excellent one, but it gets to the ADL philosophy of you justify censorship. Here at the top, you build yourself as an organization, and then in the moment of crisis for their true purpose, which is to serve the State of Israel, allegedly through combating anti Semitism, you narrow and use those levers to increasingly chip away at any public expression of support. It's fundamentally an anti American It is ridiculous and and it really is like hand in glove both with censorship complex to try and normalize this type of rhetoric in American media. And that's why I think it is so dangerous because it has power. It really does have power.
Speaker 4: It does, it does.
Speaker 1: And also this obsession with what college kids are saying on campus.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, we.
Speaker 1: Have a member of Congress calling for Gosita be nuked, and that gets less attention than what's some kidd Columbia, you know, at Stanford University, where The Atlantic thought it appropriate to spend five months of journalistic resources digging into what those kids says.
Speaker 4: Powerless. Yeah, I wish, I wish we could have heard your.
Speaker 3: Your compuci did you guys bring that?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Peter and Susan Glasser and so he is a dual NEPO baby there.
Speaker 3: Former Jerusalem Correspondence. I would also say, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: The Atlantic and this dude, they find it so important. And I'm not saying that like the sentiments of college students don't matter at all.
Speaker 4: That's why we talk about how young.
Speaker 1: People view this conflict and how it's different from older Americans. But to spend five months digging into their every utterance and then allow things like, you know, this member of Congress who actually has power and influence, who is calling for Gaza being duked, and that's barely a blip on your radar screen. It's just insane. It's just pure insanity. Now, I think your rights are, like you can see from the polls, we are not really buying it. But the other thing that's discussing about it so cheapens the term anti semitism, it makes it utterly meaningless.
Speaker 4: So when people hear.
Speaker 1: This, you know, lobbied against basically like half the population for their views on Israel Gaza. Then when it genuinely applies, and in many, in plenty of instances, there is genuine anti semitism. No one yere is denying that. That is a real and disgusting phenomenon. But when it genuinely applies, people are more likely to dismiss it as you're just you know, basically swaming this person. They last week, I'm sure you saw this special rapertorre Francesca Yeah Albany sorry segment Yeah, releases a report saying there are reasonable grounds to believe that Israel is committing genocide. The response from our own State Department is to smear her as an anti semi completely baselessly based on comments that she made that yes, we're critical of Israel, but are not even colorably antisemitic. You just strip the term of literally any meaning. And that's part of why I find this so disgusting.
Speaker 2: Well, the next one is a perfect example of that too, Lindsey Graham saying it's a blood libel to criticize Israeli humanitarian policy in Gaza.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 9: I'm here also to take on and I will talk about this tomorrow. A form of blood libel in twenty twenty four, that the state of Israel is using starvation as a weapon of war. That is bullshit, And owil tomorrow walk through the food that's coming into Gaza and what you're doing to make sure that people in Gaza do not starve.
Speaker 3: So Israel is guide's back against the wall. We have your back.
Speaker 2: So that's another example of how the word blood libel is meaningless, or you know it was. It's a term that originates from the Middle Ages, where they said that Jews drink the blood of Christians. It is then resurrected and used by the Nazis in the Holocaust to continue to incur said blood libel against Jews, and I think all of us are able to intellectually understand the difference between what a genuine blood libel is and it's rhetoric and what it actually lies. Then in truth or at least in complete ability to criticize humanitarian actions, specifically taking place at the Israel border crossing, they are the ones who are destroying and cheapening their own rhetoric. And frankly, I mean, didn't you I think you've said this, maybe Daryl Cooper said this too. If if everything is anti Semitic, you're actually setting the grounds for more anti Semitism.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not sure, you know, for me too.
Speaker 2: At this point, if someone's like, oh, that's so and so's an anti Semi, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, well he actually say right, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to judge it for myself before I believe you, Whereas previously I'd be like, oh really, wow, you know, maybe I won't to look into it or won't be as skeptical nowadays, you know, if you hear these types of terms, any of them, Honestly, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just like well maybe let me let me make up my line for myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and just to prove the point, let's put this up on the screen. This is from that you know, blood libeling left wing rag the Washington Post, looking at exactly how much aid is going into Gaza in the massive deficit post October seventh, in what needs to go in versus what is actually going in. And you can see this huge and growing deficit.
Speaker 4: And let's be totally clear, Israel.
Speaker 1: Controls this one hundred percent. There are trucks and trucks and trucks lined up at the border, thousands of them ready to go in, including.
Speaker 4: Some of our own aid trucks.
Speaker 1: So apparently the allegation is we're trying to smuggle weapons into Hamas through these truckloads. And we also know that children have and infants in particular have literally starved to death. So again, their only defense to these things is to make it out of bounds to even speak the facts of what is happening here for fear of being branded and tarred as an anti semi. And also again another Darryl Cooper point is that the more you conflate all Jewish people around the world with the state of Israel and the explicit policy right now of the net Nyahu government, the more you are directly actually stoking anti Semitism. I reject the idea that you should conflate and demand that every Jew around the world be attached to this horrifying policy, And in fact, a majority of Jewish Americans here dissent from that policy descent from the net Yahoo government. In fact, it's actually white evangelical Christians that are the strongest supporter of the net Yahoo government here in the US. So I actually think it's really wrong to look at this through the lens of religion and this holy war that actually isn't the core of what this is about at all. It's about the you know, original displacement of Palestinians. It's about a long and ongoing land dispute, and it's about the demonstrable atrocities that we're all watching unfolding in front of our eyes. And no, it is not anti semitic to just speak to the facts of what.
Speaker 4: We all see.
Speaker 1: But as I said, it's kind of like, you know, at this point, I think they're desperate. All of the other talking points have kind of worn out, So the last ditch attempt is just to say like, well, you can't say that, even if it's happening, you can't say it because you'll, you know, it's anti Semitic. So that's kind of where we are. And I think you're right that people have really seen through this tactic and it just doesn't carry the weight that it wants to.
Speaker 3: Oh, I definitely am.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I said that at the swastika thing, Swaska, They're like, if they claim a Swaska shows up literally anywhere in America, I'm like, maybe, maybe show me a camera of an actual white nationalist spraying it, and then I'll still be like, well, we'll see, just because I know that there's so much cultural cachet to be had by the ADL and others to try and blow up these incidents. In some cases people are faking them because they want to invite and create the conditions for exactly this type of discussion and rhetoric. But unfortunately for them, people can see through it, at least for now in the age of the Internet.
Speaker 3: So there we go, guys, we have a great show for everybody today.
Speaker 2: Happy is today Easter or yesterday was Easter?
Speaker 1: That non religious listen, you're not a cultural Christian like Richard Dawkins apparently is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I wish to talk about that because he's being very unfairly smeared for that.
Speaker 3: As as a long time Dawkins guy.
Speaker 4: You think who should talk about it?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I think they're coming out against him. They're claiming that he it's a hypocrite. It's something that he's been saying for actually quite a long time, which is why it actually annoys me.
Speaker 1: Well, my issue was more than like islamophobia in the comments versus.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll put it in the show because it sounds like maybe you have an interesting conversation there. Anyway, Saga apparently not a cultural Christian or not a cultural myself probably. I mean we celebrate Easter just with like the bunnies in the basket.
Speaker 3: But today is apparently today is Easter Monday. It is a holiday. I guess it's a holiday in Europe.
Speaker 4: So anyway, we digress. See you tomorrow.