Speaker 1: Word with me here.
Speaker 2: You know BT no how goes shout out oct no real color?
Speaker 1: What we see? Whole game? Wait, the baller blos some thing?
Speaker 2: Oh, you can't stand on their homes. Fee, I already know you came with me because with the squad of me they get a little They called me.
Speaker 3: Learn Hello, thank you for stopping by. For sure, we are the Baller Alert Show. I'm Ocxavia March Ferrari Simmons.
Speaker 1: You know BT.
Speaker 3: Oh I heard podcast yes, and we are the ball Alert Podcasting. We're just gonna talk a little bit about podcasting today. So first for starters, what is the Baller Alert Show?
Speaker 4: We'll delve into that.
Speaker 2: Uh, The Baller Show started in twenty sixteen. A couple of employees eleven, she called me b some was actually be someone was actually one of the original hosts and this gentleman named Sticks Malone. And then that dismantled, and then Kenny Burns revamped it grabbed oct kept me and then we added sou Solo. Then it changed again. It was just so Solo and myself in Octavia. Then it changed again and we added BT. Then it changed again and Solo found some other dope opportunities. She's currently on the radio right now in Atlanta and Hennessy she's doing a lot so and now down to this three right here BT Octavia for our.
Speaker 3: Simmons for sure, just for a little a little Big three, just a little context. You know, when we started and we went through so many changes.
Speaker 4: Because a lot of our.
Speaker 3: You know, ex hosts, they found other opportunities to have their own you know, platforms and stuff like that, and we support them whole heartily and we just continue to you know, move forward in what we're doing. But we don't knock what they're doing at all. And they're doing some great things. Like you said, some Solo is on the radio right now. She's on AMP, you know, so is Kenny Burns has his own show on platform. And you know, we moved on as the Big three BC Rory myself and keeping the ball Alert.
Speaker 4: Show moving and grooving.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, all right.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about hosting, guys, a little bit of your backgrounds and how it relates to you today.
Speaker 2: So I've been on the radio for ten years here in Atlanta. I worked at V one on three. I worked at Streets Now four or five. I currently work at a record label Warner Records. I'm the national director of Lifestyle and Mixed Show Promotion. So my job is basically to make sure DJs have the music that the labels are promoting. I'm still hosting parties, I'm still DJM parties, and I'm still doing the podcast. And on the podcast, we just get on here and talk a lot of smack. That's basically what I do to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been in radio for over a decade and I've always been in the background, though I've been on the boards. I do audio engineering and production is my background. And so when you hear even to this day, I've started at Vvan No. Three and and I now work at Streets ninety four or five. And when you hear the commercials or anything of that nature, that's me the station imaging, you know, going between songs. I do that.
Speaker 4: I put all that on and I bring a lot of that to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Now, when I was tapped to do this, you know, I was tapped to produce, but you know, with so many things going on, I stepped up hosting and I kind of do anything that we need, you know, filming.
Speaker 4: I'm filming us right now. I you know, getting the sound quality correct.
Speaker 3: And when it comes to hosting, my style is to humanize whoever we have coming on our platform. We get a lot of reality stars, you know, who may be judged a lot, you know for whatever you guys see on TV.
Speaker 4: I come in and I just try to get to know.
Speaker 3: Who that person really is behind all of that stuff that you know, people see on.
Speaker 4: A regular basis. So that's kind of my host of style.
Speaker 2: Well, before you go, bet she so if you've seen any of our clips, the little Boozy clips, the two cy clips saying he likes regular girls and he doesn't like if you've seen any of our clips go viral, she's the person who produces clips. She's the one that puts the little movie clips in it and it just literally goes viral. So it's all her putting that shit. Oh can we curse? No? Putting that stuff.
Speaker 1: Together just creative. I just like to create. So yeah, she's dope, I pretty much. I started doing radio in Arkansas and then I eventually moved to Atlanta, and I was on the radio in Atlanta for about maybe like six years, and then I decided that the world is changing, podcast is becoming, you know, such a powerful thing in the world. And you know, I believe in myself and I believe in if you got a dream, you shouldn't wait for somebody to give you an opportunit. You should create your own opportunity. And I remember I was on the radio station part time and I was like, man, they not doing anything with me, you know what I mean, Like like I feel like, you know, I'm a superstar, and I feel like I can hold my own weight. And you know, a lot of times you see a lot of people are getting put in positions and you just sitting back, you just waiting, and you just waiting for your opportunity, and really you just wasting your time. You know, because we live in a day and age where we have the internet, we got these podcasts. You know, people have a voice. You don't have to wait on these big companies that make you sit and wait for years and too. You know, somebody else just decide they want to quit their job or they want to get fired, and then they're gonna say, hey, you know, we'll give you an opportunity. Now. I know you've been staying on the sideline for ten years, but you know, now you have an opportunity. But you know, that's why I really appreciate, you know, Ferrari and the whole ball Alert team, because Ferrari said, man, I think you would be a good fit to do this, you know. And I remember doing the show and I was like, man, this feels good. It feels more modern, it feels more you know, like evolution versus me just doing radio. And I remember I said, you know, I just remember that day where I was just like I was just fed up. I was like, man, I'm not gonna sit on the sidelines. I'm watching people on the internet and all these people are like growing their followers, growing their fan base, and I'm just on the radio station trying to figure out and wait on my opportunity until I get a full time job. And I was like, yeah, you know what, I don't want to do this anymore. I think I'm gonna take my chances and roll the dice on myself and get these opportunities to interview. Because when I was on the radio, I I never got the opportunities to interview anybody. I just kind of felt somebody that was just treated like, you know, you ain't got the talent to do this. So mecoming a ball alert. You know a lot of the viral clips that we did, you know, with interviewing Boo see and so many other people that.
Speaker 2: When I say, uh, one of his most viral clips was the DeAndre Sanders interview. I don't know if y'all saw that. That went on every college television network when she said it was killings on the Jackson State campus. I don't know if y'all saw that clip. It was on TMZ. BT asked her that question. I was actually off that day. So you went viral quite a bit. We went on t Z four times this year.
Speaker 4: So dang Jock Queeze as well. Oh yeah, well TMZ for Jock Queeze. When you said that about lm.
Speaker 2: A yeah, question, No, that was that was that was your question?
Speaker 1: That's b T Yeah.
Speaker 2: Bo asked the questions. I don't I don't know how you muster it up. But when we have the guests, BT asked the question. I remember he asked for that two times about the gunner. He asked babyface Ray about gunner, like if it's a tough question or Errari.
Speaker 3: Asked tough questions too, because he went, oh when you was present, only.
Speaker 2: Because I know Loto I know Flage, right, so I know these people, right. So if I know you and I know you, I'm and y'all break up. I'm gonna ask you what happened to him? Because that's my friend and you're my friend. That's what happened on the interview? Why didn't Lotto put you in the video? And I saw a lot of a couple of weeks later, she was like, Ferrari, why you did all that? I was like, yo, I just asked her a question. Do you guys not want me to ask the question?
Speaker 3: We do want you to ask the questions, and you know what I have to do? Clip that up and let everybody see.
Speaker 2: Oh they would kill me in the comments too. They was like, Ferrari, you being messy. But in reality, I literally just said, why were you not in the video? That's your home dog, that's your home team, but your homegirl, Angel Reese was in the video and she don't even know her like that, that's a real question, like why are you not in the video?
Speaker 4: There's nothing wrong with ask a question.
Speaker 2: But sometimes in the comments, y'all, boy, when you work for a big blog, which is ball Alert, because you got remember we're separated we're not ball Alert, We're the ball Alert podcast. We work for ball Alert. Sometimes when the clips go on the ball or page, man them comments go crazy. If you want to argue with everybody, but man I argue. I ain't will I jump into comments sometimes though for show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to stay out of the comment I don't even go into comments. I just for everybody else.
Speaker 4: I don't think those people are real in the comments.
Speaker 1: I don't think oh they real. They just they just they real. They will never see you and say that they just still live in the house with their mama. They real.
Speaker 4: They're not real.
Speaker 2: I got a cousin in Florida. She literally has a fake page and she goes in comments just to troll. That's that's what she do.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: The comments are mad at me and BT right now because we refuse to touch a young woman who come came on our show last week. Her name is Wet Wet on Jocelyn's Cat.
Speaker 1: Oh Yeah, on the Zoos Show, and she wanted us to.
Speaker 3: Touch her breast and we kindly declined, And now everybody in the comments are mad at us.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting counseled. I'm telling I'm telling y'all right now. She was trying to She came on the show and the first thing she did was hold on, y'all, do y'all want to touch my breast?
Speaker 2: So people were saying on the show that she was on that her her breast were like rocks, So she wanted to come on a big platform to show yeah, her breast was off. Yeah, that's the type of stuff we be having to go on on on the show. We have really good interviews, but unfortunately those don't get the high views. It'd be the wildest, craziest stuff that gets five hundred thousand views. And you know, sometimes you remember we're ball Alert, so it's a blog and it's news talking gossip. Unfortunately, the news doesn't all the way go as high as you wanted to go. The gossip goes through the roof.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's why I'm tired of people talking about like you know, when I do read the comments, which most of the time I don't read, people always sending the comments like you know why you know why these type of people are coming on the show and stuff like that, And I say, because y'all watching, because you're watching, Because if you're not watching, then these people would have the opportunity to get these platforms like coming on the ball Alert showing other platforms to even do stuff like that, in my opinion, because I always look at a lot of the interviews that we think, oh my god, we got this big artist is gonna come on the show and it's you know this, this interview is gonna go crazy, and then you.
Speaker 2: Know, it gets twenty thousand views. You'd be like, wait, what happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you know he wants to see that.
Speaker 2: But then Nicky Natural comes on and it goes three hundred thousand views. Wow, she ain't really ain't even say nothing the whole interview because.
Speaker 3: What had a great story. We did highlight her story, but people didn't want to see that. They wanted to talk about why we wouldn't want to touch her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is which is weird, especially in this council culture, Like you you want us to touch a woman?
Speaker 2: Gott bempressed on camera.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back with more of the Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of The Baller Alert.
Speaker 4: Let's keep it pushing.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about teamwork in podcasting, the chemistry amongst us. I feel like like we said, we've been doing it for a long time, but you know, I think we forged friendships outside and it comes off great on camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be really organized if you have a big podcast and it's doing numbers or whatever you guys do out there. If you're trying to do a podcast. We got a group. We got two separate group chats. The schedule, we got a schedule talent. We gotta show up on times, actually not even on time. You gotta get there at least an hour early. You got set up. You know, it's on cameras, so we got four cameras. We got four cameras, the microphones. I have to I have to lie to the guests to get them to show up on time. So I usually tell the guests that's arriving. I tell them the wrong time. So whatever time that they think that they're coming, they always show up an hour later, because you know, that's just how certain people are, especially when you're getting it's the entertainment industry, folks. You got to give them the wrong time. So I'm usually an hour and a half hour and then some of them will come on time and then we're still setting up, which is great. But for the most part, everyone shows up late. So that's like a little gem that I'll give you. Whenever you're booking talent, I do an hour out because they will be late. They will be We're in Atlanta, right in the middle of the city. It's always traffic in the middle of the afternoon. Our shows around them, so it's always going to be traffic. So I always do an hour out and then when they show up an hour like, oh, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. Yeah, and I just look at them like, yeah, you showed up on time.
Speaker 1: I lie.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind the big artists show up on time. That's crazy too, right, The big artist.
Speaker 2: Jeezy came on time, Boozy was early, Country Wayne was an hour early. And then you know these new guys, they're a whole hour late.
Speaker 1: They always late.
Speaker 2: But you know, setting up the show and just us, we just have to make sure we stick together and overly communicate because we could be in an interview and you know, it's three of us. We got to let each other talk. We can't over talk each other. It's a whole little dynamic that we got to create amongst each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, it's definitely a team effort. Like Rory says, he books the guest. You know, a lot of people think they can come to me. They can come to me and if they want to be on the show. But I will kindly put them off on Rari because, like I said, I'm a creative so I have to you know, shoot the show. I'm setting up, you know, early I'm there setting up. I'm thinking about content. You know, the way the run of the show I'm creating, I'm writing it. I am getting these guys together, and you know, this is what we're gonna do today. This is what we're gonna do today. And even when we're in the interview, you know, we got to keep eye contact to know when to move on.
Speaker 4: Okay, next story.
Speaker 3: You know, we don't have a lot of time to spend spend on things, so it's a big team effort.
Speaker 2: Before you go, bet, I will say real quick to remember, ours is a news cycle, so our content has to come out quick. So if we do an episode on Tuesday, we got to drop Wednesday because if we wait till Friday, that news cycle had then came out and it's old. Y'all ain't even gonna or watch that. So our content comes out ass and that is.
Speaker 3: Very hard to do, especially when you're the only one doing it and I don't have a team yet. So a lot of times people see Baller Alert and they're like, oh man, y'all got this.
Speaker 4: Y'all got that. It's just us.
Speaker 3: So as soon as we're done, I'm going and I am on my computer and I am you know, going through the content, sending it to Rory for posting, and I'm creating the next thing, you know, like this this is going to be out tonight or something, you know, because it's like we got to get it quick because it's such people forget so fast, you know, and then your stuff.
Speaker 4: Is old really quick.
Speaker 1: One of the big things for us, you know we're working together as a team, is also just remembering people strong points. You know, when we do these interviews, I always think about what's my strong point?
Speaker 2: And to him too, he never shows up.
Speaker 1: I was going to say that, but I was like, wait, wait, you said what I lie to you? Okay, So some time we was here, and when he was here, I was getting.
Speaker 2: Some breakfast, okay, tee.
Speaker 1: It was just like you know, it was it was bagels and fruit and stuff. Some healthy stuff, So go ahead, I take my time. Anyways, I know everybody's strong suit, so I know when we're doing these interviews, I know what Octavia strong suit is and doing the interview, I know Ferrari and I know mine. So a lot of times, you know, people will say like, like the good things that they would always say is like, man, you guys did such a great interview, because most people cut off the artists or people are like, you know, somebody's talking about something. Then you you know, y'all see an interview. I was like, damn, let the let the person talk. I want to see like damn, you know. So that's one of the main things that we always keep conscious about, is like we gotta let the talent talk because y'all watching it because of your favorite talent, no matter. I mean, I know we pretty cool too, but the majority of the time, y'all watching it because of the talent that y'all see on there. So we just always, you know, try to communicate and let the talent talk, because I think that's really important because some of the podcasts that I watch, I'd be like, man, shed up, man, I came here to watch Nicki Minaj talk or whoever talk man like.
Speaker 2: Man, I would say, I like for us, we always try to strive to when you guys, you know, Cardi b Is gonna do ten interviews, right, but when you watch the one with us, I believe that ours will be the best version of it should be the most comfortable there because we ask the questions. It's comfortable, it's open, and we allow them to talk and be themselves facts.
Speaker 3: And you know, sometimes we don't always get it right. Sometimes RARII myself or BT will you know, overtalk or something. And it's nothing for me to pull one of these guys aside and say, hey, that was a little much.
Speaker 4: You know, let's let's try this better next time.
Speaker 2: You'll do a mid interview.
Speaker 1: She'll be like, right, no, they're very rich.
Speaker 4: Flynn production mode. So I'm like cut instead of me.
Speaker 3: I don't want to interrupt the flow of the energy that's already going on in the interview, So I kind of look like, check your phone.
Speaker 1: You'll definitely get a text in men interview and the interview like hey, rap this talking way too long.
Speaker 4: The person is very chatty.
Speaker 3: Okay, we have to cut them off because sometimes we'll get people who just tangents, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, law, yeah, and I'm glad that you mentioned that too, because a lot of times it's like when when you're when you're interviewing people, you're kind of writing a book. So it's like, if people venture off too much on what people want to listen to us as talent, we know like, all right, come back to all right, let me cut you off so we can reel you back in. Because you get some of these artists in talent, they talk a lot about nothing. You'll be like, wait, what we trying to reflect? So accountability is really big with us, and we hold everybody accountable after the interviews. And you know, another little secret that we have too is you know, when we interview or talk to somebody, we normally have a conversation with those people before we even start filming, and a lot of times we try to be like, man, how can we how comfortable they were, how can we get them to be on camera and be just as comfortable, Because you might ask somebody an industry question and then they give you a political thing and then you're like, wait, whens is talking off camera and you see how you really feel.
Speaker 4: And a great example of that is who.
Speaker 3: We just had miss Wet Wet from Joshly's cabaret, and I told her, you know, she was a little late, and you know, sometimes you get people who are late and they.
Speaker 4: Just nasty, and that's when I ain't got time for you, and you're gonna get it. You're gonna get straight.
Speaker 2: She was two hours late because she was already lied to and she was an hour late for that. Then she was two hours late. They was about to leave, but she was so sweet.
Speaker 4: I had to keep him there because I was at least going to extend her grace.
Speaker 1: I'll you know, when she came in, I was ready to leave. I said, man, I don't know who missed who missed Dry Dry. I'm ready to leave. She is two hours late.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she came in and she was very sweet.
Speaker 3: So what I told her is, you know, this is about what your your story, So however you want to tell it, that's where we're going to go. That's how I kind of like do all of our interviews. It's like, this is a story about who you are. Your name is at the title of this episode, not ours, so it's all about you. So it's like, you know, however you want to take this or do you want to be who you are or do you want people to see who you really are?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's kind of how I steered the talent.
Speaker 3: But let's get into how to make a podcast stand out in an oversaturated market.
Speaker 2: I think, of course we got help because it's ball alert, right and baller has seven point eight million followers on Instagram, one point eight million followers on Facebook, one point five million followers on TikTok. I'm leaving out something, but it definitely helps one hundred thousand subscribers on you. Hey, look, so I want to give us some grace right now. Man. When we started ball Alert less than a year ago with the Corey that you got to see, we had twenty thousand subscribers on YouTube, were about to hit one hundred thousand subscribers. That's all us right here. No help? Oh yeah, you hear it, snaps hit.
Speaker 1: It Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: They weren't sure how to how to work YouTube, right.
Speaker 2: But I would say, you know, we try not to get the viral moment, but if it happens, we just expound on it. If it makes sense.
Speaker 4: It's all about the bar.
Speaker 2: I try not to be messy but if it gets there, I'm gonna ask you the question.
Speaker 1: So i' are you messy or do we have a messy job?
Speaker 2: I gotta I have a messy job, Like my job is to ask you the question. You guys don't want to watch an interview that's just basic.
Speaker 4: Ferrari don't mind getting his hands dirty. He is all about it.
Speaker 2: I've been around in the industry for a long time, so I have relationships with a lot of these people anyway, So I feel like I'm valid with asking that question.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: So if I feel like I'm asking you and I'm not asking you to be messing, I'm asking you because I want to answer, and y'all want to answer. You don't want to hear a rudimentary answer. You want to hear JEZI say, damn, me and my wife going through the divorce, not no comment. You want to watch that, and guess what, you're probably be inclined to watch it the whole interview if you see a cliffhanger in the beginning. Because A does a really good job, she puts the trailer in the beginning of the episode to make you watch the episode. We had Nia Kay and I'm in my part. She started crying on our episode that just came out today, yes right yesterday. She was used to be on The Rap Game with Jermaine Dupris. She cried on the episode because her and her dad's relationship is not well. She put it in the beginning of the episode. So she does a lot of things to get people drawn in for you to say, Okay, I want to watch that. That looks like it's a great interview, and that motivates me. When you guys in the comments, I don't know if anyone is here that comments, but we get a lot of comments that says great interview. So that's my motivation.
Speaker 3: No, definitely, you have to grab the audience's attention, like what is going to make you stand out amongst every other podcast. I'm a podcast watcher. Not only I watch them, I listen to them. And it's just like, you know, what can I do to you know, draw people in, even if it's just for a minute. Let me just show you what this is about, so you know how crazy Boots he is. I'm gonna just put how crazy and a fool he acted on a minute for a minute duration so you can see it real quick and decide do I want to continue to watch this or do I just want to click off?
Speaker 4: But most of the time people just stay and watch.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with both of you guys. I think what's really important, especially when you have a podcast and you're trying to grow, I think great content. So a lot of the questions that I ask I always envision my self if I was somebody, you know, that was a regular person, was a fan of this, this artist or this you know, influencer, what would I want to ask them if I was sitting right in front of them, Like, what would I want to ask? Not what I think or what's my opinion on this person? But I always think, like, what do people on the internet really want to ask this person if they were sitting right in front of you know, somebody like a job queist. Because I asked him, I said, you know, I said, man, they always play with you on the internet. And he said, yeah, you know, I wonder I was just talking about that before I came up here. What made people start like, you know, messing with me on the internet? King R and B? And he said, he said, I think it's when I said I was a King of R and B. And I said, yeah, you fed up when you said that. And it's like I feel like, you know, most people wouldn't talk to joh Queize like that. But you know, we have a personal relationship, and a lot of the talent have a personal relationship. And I always tell them, like, if you come on the show, let's give the people a show. Let's give them what they want. People want to watch us for the show. Don't just come up here and be like all political, like you had a radio station. Like, yeah, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We had one bad interview, the Anne Marie interview. Is that that's still up from your team?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the hell, you don't know. It was bad.
Speaker 4: It didn't look bad.
Speaker 2: It didn't look bad, but man, y'all she came in there. She came in there and said nothing to us, like she was just real monotone.
Speaker 4: Almost two hours later she was late too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was yeah, we had We had bad interviews too sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the interview is bad because of the talent. You know, I always tell talent it's like, you know, when you come on an interview, it's like like this is a TV show, right, I don't look at this as a podcast. This is a TV show. You know, we're becoming more uh evolved into like watching TV on our phones now, So I always tell people like, this is a TV show, So what's gonna be interesting for people to watch this show versus everybody else? And I think that's what makes us so different with our podcast is we're entertaining segments. So we're gonna get on here and we're gonna talk about We're gonna get the guests and we're gonna say, Okay, what do you think about what's going on in the media with this and this and this and that, and a lot of times you don't get a chance to see like your favorite artists or your favorite influencer talk about, you know, topics, the same thing that we see like oh man, did you see this on the internet? Like what do you think about this? And because you know, a lot of times the talent they're always trying to like hide and be hitting and be like, hey, just.
Speaker 2: Watch my movies or just listen to my music.
Speaker 1: No, man, what you think about what we've seen with Blue Face and Chris Sean Rock what you think.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back. Stay tuned with more of The Baller Alert Show. You're listening to a special edition of the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 4: Does anybody have any questions in the audience?
Speaker 1: What's your question?
Speaker 4: Should we deal with Amory not talking?
Speaker 1: You know, you know what it is like. You know, it's like how you like how you getting ready for work and you know when you're late, you just hear you up, throwing some clothing and go outside. That's how you deal with interviews with people that you know. It's very much of a dry conversation. You just hear you up, put on your clothes and lead.
Speaker 2: Just like having a bad customer, depending on where you work at, just having a bad customer, man, it's same thing. Just yeah, do your job and move on.
Speaker 1: Now, what was your What's what's your question?
Speaker 4: Is it more important to be consistent or or have.
Speaker 2: The moment I was? I would say both.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I think if you're consistent you will get the moment. You know what I'm saying, consistent man. You know, listen, guys, if you guys really to answer your question, watch our Country Wayne interview. Please go on ball Alert TV on YouTube and look for the interview when we interview Country Wayne. Listen, man, you can make it. You guys, are losing out on a whole bunch of money out here, like six pieces of content today though minimum three three posts a day. Dog, I literally started my Facebook. And keep in mind, we all have our separate facebooks, right, Instagrams and stuff like that. But we got the Baller Show on Instagram, Ballert on YouTube, and I'll keep it quick by saying I started posting consistently on my Facebook fan page. I went from like three thousand followers. I just hit fifty one thousand today and I just started doing that six months ago. That's because I'm posting three pieces of content every day, and I don't know which one reacts. I just post the band B one to react. And sometimes it's not even I'm not even in the clip. B t'sing the clip. Sometimes I Tava is in the clip. Sometimes it's not even about me. It's just about the clip.
Speaker 4: And what we do is I get.
Speaker 3: I just try to at least give us from one show. I try to at least do ten videos that we can postyep. So out of those ten, at least three gonna go viral.
Speaker 2: I agree. And Facebook and Instagram is not the same. What may work on that platform and not work Snapchat.
Speaker 4: You know TikTok, you can get you some money on Facebook though, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so awesome.
Speaker 6: Yet, No, I was just asking about the content, Like, so, whenever you have the initial podcast episode, what's your approach to like breaking this down? So, for example, on the thickest these podcast, we have the full length, then we break it into like three or four horizontals depending on like specific things we're talking about, and then we then we break that also into you know, seven to fourteen vertical clips per week.
Speaker 1: So I was curious what your approach was.
Speaker 3: So when I'm sitting when I'm writing the podcast, I'm interviewers coming in, I'm thinking about, you know, I'm gonna ask this question, or he's going to ask this question, wherever the question is. I'm always in the moment, Like when i'm producing it in real time, when I'm sitting there hosting, I'm already thinking about how what I'm gonna post. Or sometimes I'll be like, hey, guys, what do you guys think? You know, what is your favorite part of today's show? They'll tell me and I'll cut it up for them and then but I'll just go through the whole thing and I'll just break it up, Like I'll do one big combined like a trailer that's going to be a post because every you know, if you could just see what the whole episode was.
Speaker 4: About in one video one minute, then that's gonna.
Speaker 3: Either draw you in to go see the full video or you know, that'll just be alike for that part of social media. But yeah, like I'm sitting there as I'm doing the show and thinking about clipping things, as I'm saying things what I want to see, you know from this show or whatever, in real time, I'm clipping everything up.
Speaker 2: I heard y'all mentioned a few times like relationships. I wanted to know some like key points to building relationships in your opinion, building relationships with just people in general.
Speaker 1: The talent.
Speaker 2: Talk about talent, just hey, I'm a shark, you know, a shark like I will literally walk up to somebody and be like, bro, I'm I work a ball, or what's up? You coming on the show?
Speaker 4: Ri is a genius.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I might see somebody in the hallway. I just saw a little duvall I said, bro, you got come on the show?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you definitely what a lot of yeah, with a lot of talent, you just gotta be real direct because you got to understand these people have tons of people coming up to them every day. So I use the same approach, Like I host a lot of big parties in Atlanta, so if a talent comes in, Like I remember, Ferrari was like, Yo, we gotta get Nick Cannon and I said, oh, I got a party with Nick Cannon tonight. So I said, hey, Nick, you gotta come on the show. And he was like, all right, take my number. I was like, okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We really plan it out for it.
Speaker 4: That's the easy part. Or does the harp on people? He doesn't mind hearing no twenty times? You tell me no a couple of times, I'm like, man, forget this person.
Speaker 3: But and you need somebody like that who does not care about hearing no twenty million times.
Speaker 4: Rari is consistent and he gets the guests, like all of our big guests is because of him.
Speaker 2: I literally annoyed the hell out of you until you say, yes, you're not.
Speaker 1: Going to tell him about the the boosy? How long we had to wait? TIDB And that was one of our biggest interviews. So you know, again being on the radio for a long time. Little Boozy knows me obviously, So every time I would see him, I know his manager, a bro, I need I need Boozy on the show.
Speaker 2: I need Boozy on the show. I'm just literally texting Boozy. I'm texting his manager when I see him, I needs you on the show. So I saw that he was doing a radio run and he was at V one O three local radio station here. So I facetip of me and so I hit his manager. I said, I know you out food, answer the phone. He answered the phone, Hey, bro, bring him the ball alert. All right, we're gonna do it for We're gonna do it tomorrow. I said tomorrow, and I put him in the chat. It was an off day for us because we usually do Tuesdays and Thursday. So I was like, hey, we got Boozy tomorrow. What's up. Everybody was like, hell yeah, let's do it. And that's how I did it.
Speaker 1: I just gotta be gonna show up. They didn't believe me.
Speaker 4: Let me just say something real quick.
Speaker 3: Ferrari is so special to us because not only he works twenty four to seven, he has a family. He has kid, twenty kids, fifth kid, household to obtain.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yes, And you know he still makes us a party and he has a full time job doing label work as well.
Speaker 2: So that's my passion the podcast. I that's me. You know what I'm saying. I love I love it. You know. The other stuff is cool. My family comes first, obviously, but next in line is this right here, because it makes me feel happy to get in front of the microphone and have a great interview. My my goal is the great interview. Every time she had a question here, what do you think was your most influential interview that you have done thus far? Damn, that's a good one, man.
Speaker 1: I'll let you all go first first. I gotta think y'all just gonna put me on the up. Okay, okay, So the most influential interview I mean, I would say personally for me, I would give like my moment is when I did the DeAndre Sanders interview, because that was I was still kind of like new to like being a a co host on the show, and I didn't I seen that interview on TMZ. I seen it was everywhere that went nationwide. Yeah, that was that was a nationwide interview. I've seen. It had like over twenty thousand people talking about it on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Her forreniers almost came out on the episode.
Speaker 4: Oh she had to get surgery the next day to get them.
Speaker 2: She had she has.
Speaker 1: But I think to me, that was the most influential interview because that really showed me and taught me that, like, you know, like I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, you going straight to me. So if I'm saying football alert, I would say g Z. I have a personal relationship with Jiz. He has a talent agency and I was able to sign to him, and I traveled the country with him quite a few times, and I was able to give him his flowers on camera, And I just thought that that was a dope moment for me. It was a little closer to home than usual, but we've had some of my most fun It would be a little boozy because he's been waiting on that one and he gave us everything we needed. Like the Chinese. He said he wanted Chinese baby mama. That went viral. He don't want to have sex with Rihanna nom he just likes her. He that went viral. Like literally everything on his interview went viral. I can never run out of stuff.
Speaker 1: You know what else too. To add on to the Boosy interview, A lot of y'all probably see like Boosy interviews like on Blad TV shout out to gets paid for those. We didn't have to pay him, so we don't.
Speaker 4: Pay for any of our guests, by the way.
Speaker 1: That's a fact. But Boozy, I was like, man, I wonder if he gonna give us the like the Blad TV Boosy man, you know what I mean? Like, I'm like, I don't know how he goes because a lot of times you will see talent you like, I don't know how they gonna act when they come in here. But I said, oh, when he started, he know, on the table and he starts saying like gunners a rat.
Speaker 2: And all this, I was like, yeah, I was like, oh he oh, y'all want to laugh, please go watch the interview. That's our highest one, I think, yeah, yeah, he is the highest.
Speaker 3: I think the one with most influence. I like all of them because I learned something new from every single show. But I really enjoyed a Country Wayne because he gave a lot of knowledge. Watch g maguire definitely watched that one. Because she tells a story, and I am a storyteller. She tells the story. We just kind of gave the outline and.
Speaker 4: She filled in the blanks like completely.
Speaker 3: So uh, that is I feel like one of my favorite episodes because she really you can see and vision everything.
Speaker 4: That she said, and she gave us so much game. We always see her out. She's very she's very kind.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and and Country Wayne, of course, he gave us very a lot of game.
Speaker 1: Sorea to sore, Oh yeah, Sorea also a lot of told us that she wasn't.
Speaker 3: She just broke up with But she just broke up with Jacob, so I don't think she wanted to say she was dating the other guy.
Speaker 1: Coming on the show. But they're saying, we're we're done, We're we can do more? Can we do one more questions? Can we do one more game? Got a job? Man? Idiots? Anybody last last question? Do you always have to be like a celebrity to get that interview?
Speaker 2: I mean, suppose you go through the store or whatever and you just question something interesting.
Speaker 1: Would you ask, like come on our show?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not?
Speaker 1: Like you said, do you have to be a what Celemberty to get on the show? Like, you know, act like a fool or whatever, you know what I mean? Because all, no, we don't.
Speaker 2: It gotta make sense though, yeah, because I would say the type of views and the people who rock with us or not us. I'm talking about the brand and what we put out. They want to be entertained. So what it would have to make sense, you know what I'm saying. It just ain't gonna be no random person. You gotta have something going on for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, smaller at Ferrari Yeah, you can bother me the wrap up signal right now.
Speaker 4: I'm Octavia March.
Speaker 1: Ferrari Simmons at Ferrari Simmons and you know BT even though do y'all put my whole name on the flock.
Speaker 4: And ball Alert TV y'all, thank y'all so much for having this.
Speaker 5: Thanks BALLERL can't get enough of baller Alert. Follow us on all social media platforms at baller Alert, log on to baller alert dot com