Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Staneveek along with Carol Masser with us as Bloomberg News acutis reporter Alexandra Semenova.
Speaker 1: Alex what are you watching? We, of course, guys have to start with Oracle, because you just mentioned that headline flashing across the Bloomberg terminal of a Wall Street Journal report that says that Oracle Interestine Horowitz, and Silverlake are poised to control TikTok in the US. Obviously, this is big news, you know, when there was so much at stake with this deal. This follows news that negotiations over the future of the company are progressing, relieving some of that uncertainty over you know, some of the key customers in the US. President Trump had said that he's scheduled to speak to Chinese President Shee didn Ping on Friday, and this was part of the discussions. He said that a framework to keep the app running in the US was reached, and accordingly, the stock is up just a little bit right now, about five tenths of a percent. It was up as much as five point nine percent earlier in the day. But also have to mention that it has had an incredible run from its earnings report last week, where it really wowed investors with its guidance, and it's up eighty three percent year today.
Speaker 2: It makes me wonder how this all fits together, because obviously some of this stuff was moving along.
Speaker 1: I guess we can kind of assume, but and I guess they get the secret algorithm to TikTok or do they not? It seems like it.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: Again, all of this is just based on investor excitement because it was about that guidance when they missed their earnings, and now at this point we don't really have any confirmation of how exactly they'll be involved, and yet investors seem pretty enthusiastic about it.
Speaker 2: United Airline Holdings just a quick line on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love a micro story that is a macro story. And here he is saying that travel demand is going up and it's showing that the economy is stronger than statistics show. He said that airline demand is a good real time indication here, and they're seeing a lot of people booking for the holiday season. But of course one thing that he said that he stood out, that stood out to me is the front of the plane, you know, the upper class seats UH getting a lot down much much faster, you know, than economy, which is again a testament to this bifurcation of economy that we're seeing between higher and lowering come consumers.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.