Speaker 1: Forever.
Speaker 2: All right, Hello, Hi, hey girl, Hi baby, he's say, thank god, it's so good to see you, bitch.
Speaker 3: Uh did we not FaceTime yesterday?
Speaker 4: You know, Marie.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you have realized, but you are one of the highlights of many of my days. So whenever I see you, I'm just astatic.
Speaker 3: Whenever you start talking like this, I feel like you're about to ask me for some money every time. Wait, she need a loan or something?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, I'm just I watched your video on Instagram yesterday and it just brought me so much joy.
Speaker 3: I you know, you know, I think that I'm gonna do one of those a week, a little, a little weekly affirmation video for the for the girls.
Speaker 4: The girls need it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And then you see I do a little sagittary shade in there. We love but only for the men.
Speaker 2: I mean, you did, you did what needed to be done. Okay, you could have threw a tourists in there too, I would have really really blessed you for that.
Speaker 3: Well, a tourists man has never wronged me so far as I know. Like, I wasn't worried about the signs back then, and technically still am not. But if a dude tells me he's a Sagittarius or his birthdays in December, m I'm gonna walk. I'm gonna walk the other way.
Speaker 4: Well, a man never wronged me. A tourist man never wong me. Just my mom.
Speaker 2: So my mom is a tourist. And I just wanted I needed that shout out for myself. But who Marie, you have been doing.
Speaker 4: It, glowing living.
Speaker 2: I mean I remember just a week and a half ago we were we were complaining, and now you are really you see.
Speaker 4: How things change?
Speaker 3: Yeah, girl, you know what I'm saying. Yes to dates. I went on a date last night. Uh, the guy was late and dressed terribly. I have a date tonight. I went on a date this weekend. I'm just you know, I was on a date the other day and this man asked me for my number and I gave it to him while I was on the date. So yeah, yeah, yeah girl, I'm just out here trying to trying to get Lifetime movie channeled. But also, you know, were these new outfits and come up with stories for you in the pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really important that you do this the groundwork for us. You're out here. I definitely was on Instagram not only capping for you, but many of the women who were having issues with the dates. And I said, we have eight weeks and literally a weekend.
Speaker 4: You are you changed the game? You changed the game?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I read something yesterday that this girl posted, and she was like, for some reason, like a lot of women are afraid to make the first move because they think that that means like it reflects negatively on them that they had to make the first move. But sometimes the first move is just like walking up to a dude and starting a conversation or smiling in somebody's direction, and then you let them lead the rest. But she had this whole thing on her Instagram stories about how, yeah, sometimes you get rejected but and I was like, oh, she was like, but it's a numbers game, right, Like you know, a lot of these men are basically children, so they're like, oh, I didn't know you liked me. I didn't you know.
Speaker 2: But us to us too, we have to the only reason why rejection is so hard for us because we don't put ourselves out there enough to be rejected. And so I think if you hear no more often, then it doesn't affect you as much, you know what I mean. Like we do auditions all the time. We go up for things all the time and we don't get it, and it's like, okay, cool, Like if any thing I go into it like I might not get this, but whatever.
Speaker 4: You know. So that's the same way we gotta take it.
Speaker 1: With dating.
Speaker 2: It's just like you know, anybody who said no it legit is their loss.
Speaker 3: The nose make you strongs it does so, and I'm and for too long, I guess we were very comfortable not being strong. Yeah, and you know, part of me is still cool with kind of waiting around. But you know, if you wait around, you get what you get and you can't get upset. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you if you go to a buffet and you're waiting for somebody to serve you, honey, you're gonna be waiting at debt at the beginning of the buffet forever because nobody is serving you. You gotta get you gotta take yourself and you gotta go there and you gotta try that rice that.
Speaker 4: Looks a little a little random. Oh my god, damn, hold on, shit, sorry, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta send you. You gotta try the mystery meat. You gotta try the mystery meat sometimes.
Speaker 3: Wow. That was Asop's Fables written by If you go to the buffet and you wait for someone to serve you, you're going to be there for the whole shift. Wow. Wow Sidney, Uh yeah, I see you.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You also very busy. You was in You were in San Francisco living your best life. I did, uh being a professional comedian for the for the rest of the summer.
Speaker 2: I feel like I want to thank everybody from the pod who came, like they were so happy and just beautiful, I mean, moisturized edges all there and they brought people and the people were like, I don't know this bitch, but she, my friend told me that I needed to see you, and so I want to thank everybody who came. And everybody asked about you and Andrew and they were like, we hope that y'all come back or come as well. So just wanted to let you know that y'all were missed and loved and asked about. Because I had people ask me questions at the end, and one person was like, how is Marie in real life?
Speaker 3: And I was like, what, excuse me, what does that question mean?
Speaker 2: They're like, you're a character on the pod, so they want to know the real you. And I was like, I'm not gonna out my friend. I was like, the real Marie is gay, no kidding, she's actually a lesbian whoops, tabby pride.
Speaker 4: Yay, yeah, yay, yay. But yeah, good times. Glad.
Speaker 2: Hope that we can do a live show very soon, Marie. If this Delta variant doesn't come through and ruin everything.
Speaker 3: It's already doing that, but true, soon as soon as outside is like open, open, open, then yeah, well we'll absolutely be back in these streets performing.
Speaker 1: For you guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: M all right, should we should we get into it?
Speaker 2: This uh, this fat, fabulous guess that we have today.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if they're ready for this episode.
Speaker 4: They're not.
Speaker 3: It's well moisturized, it's it's hydrated, it's it's clear skin, good teeth.
Speaker 4: Straight teeth, all teeth, straight teeth, all.
Speaker 3: Teeth, straight teeth, all teeth, Thank you, Sidney. It's I think we're gonna have a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: She is one of the stars of Saturday Night Live. Honey, I mean, we love her, we adore her. I have a crush on her. And she is our classy bougie ratchet expert.
Speaker 4: Give it up for ego.
Speaker 1: No, what happens is I do I guess and I do say it right. It happens to the best. It happens to the best.
Speaker 3: Okay, she tried to tried to say real, I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: About to say? What's she about to say? I know how this usually goes. I had hope, though, Sydney. But thank you for no, no, no, but thank you for the very kind, warm welcome. You guessed me right on up. I'm feeling like I feel good. I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 3: Yes, I want you to feel good. We want you to feel so good that you say things that you didn't plan on saying. This is what we want you to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, disarm me. Okay, I'm talking to the I'm talking to the press. I'm talking to the press. It turns out, yeah, good.
Speaker 3: This is a safe space. Let's call it the Black Babysitters Club. This is yes, you and Sydney both sitting on the floor.
Speaker 1: In front of the couch like yes.
Speaker 3: I'm not wearing I'm not wearing pants.
Speaker 4: It goes like l O l O L.
Speaker 2: You're like l O l She's like, since I signed contracts, I can't I'm not saying everything.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, yeah, some things don't belong on the on the internet for the public. But I'm going to be as open as I can be while still protecting the checks.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, protect the checks.
Speaker 2: And that's where the and that's where the class comes in, because I need to work on that ego, like how do you hold your tongue in many situations?
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't used to hold my tongue when I was younger. I'm from Baltimore. We don't hold our tongues there. But I learned it. I mastered it. I don't know if I've mastered it, because every once in a while the Baltimore will jump right on out. She's still in there. But I feel like half the time, I'm like, this isn't worth This isn't worth getting into it with someone about or if it were personal business. I'm like, there's so many people in the world on the internet listening to this podcast. They don't all you need to know my business. Everybody don't need to know my business business. So I just think about how many people I don't know that are listening to this or people I do know that are listening and people you know are different.
Speaker 3: Hut. But that's how I feel now when I post things in my instant stories. I used to know most of the people who watched my story, and now when I look at who's watching, I'm like, oh, I know six of you. Everybody else is a stranger danger.
Speaker 1: Right, so exactly, and it's crazy. It's crazy to see. I'm like these faces. I don't know you, I don't know where you live, I don't know nothing about you. But I'm not about to give you everything. I can't give you everything. I don't know you, my team, my managers, I got. I drank a bottle of wine for the first time ever by myself, as just like a thing I'd never done. I went on a solo trip in January, and wait, where'd you good? You go to the cat Skills, Like it's actually well close to the cat Skills. I went to a town called kir HONKSENKNS.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I was class class is that class?
Speaker 3: I was scared moment and that's how you can know.
Speaker 1: So I was trying to find this is where the class does come into play. Airbnb's in upstate New York. I feel like a lot of them don't look great. It's like, why would I leave my home to go stay here? Old textiles, the floors look dusty, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: And the backsplash domat the back, yeah, all of that.
Speaker 1: So I I found this one house that was very nice. It's a little house and it was in ker Honks and so I'm like, and it was available the dates I needed. But I really was like, I'm about to go to ker Honkson? What is up there? Because it's in the name almost you know, yeah, it sounds like the KKK is right up there, but this is our town. We thought about them in at KKK, but we went with ker Honks. And so anyway, that's what I went. I went and stayed up there by myself. Had a bottle of wine on my first night because the host left a bottle as a and I was like, oh, yes, absolutely, you know what, there's a bathtub. I'm about to take a bath and I'm gonna have a bottle of wine and I'm gonna just turn up by myself. And it really took me out and my team that it really took me out. I'm not built for that shit. And my sister in law was like, you've never had a whole bottle of wie be yourself and I'm like no, and I won't be doing it again. I think it's insane that many of you have. But my team was like, I'm surprised you didn't take to social media and like start posting. I was like, I don't know these people. Like no, I did not. It didn't even occur to me to get on Instagram and start talking to the front facing camera. So there's something there. There's a part of me that's just like.
Speaker 4: Mm mmm, I want to work towards that I want to work.
Speaker 3: Have you always been like a private person?
Speaker 1: You know? Yes? I feel like I used to struggle with vulnerability altogether. So it's it's lent itself to me being a private person. If I told some people. I said something like five years ago to a friend that I did comedy with. I was like, I'm a pretty private person and he was like are you? Because I'll be telling people my business. I'll be telling people my business, but there has to be an intimate settings like I could have just met you, but we're talking. I'm like, I'm not gonna I don't really have secrets, but there's just things I don't want the public to know on huh, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Don't have secrets.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I could trust somebody who says they don't have to see.
Speaker 1: I really don't. I feel like, okay, well, this is the thing I keep other people's secrets. I don't. I don't have interesting business, Like, I don't think my business is interesting. It's not juicy.
Speaker 3: You don't have interesting business, okay, because since you are young and successful and on TV and you've met famous people, yeah, and you've you've traveled to places, and you're saying you don't have well.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's that interesting. If my business is that interesting, you understand, you know.
Speaker 4: I feel I feel the same way for me, Yeah, because I'm not one.
Speaker 2: Not only am I like sober, but I'm a lesbian and so it's like I can't be out in the streets like that because we have to anchor on to someone immediately. It's not like I'm pussy popping on a handstand at the gay clubs. So I feel this exact same way I live vicariously through Marie and Andrew is tied down now, So like we're literally just going to Marie for the biz.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, because Maria sounds like Marie based on Instagram, I'm like, Marie has lived a life. Marie is living a life and I love it. But I feel like yours is far richer than mine. As far as I was about to correct, as far as content, as far as content.
Speaker 3: Well you know what it is is I feel like I get bored very easily. So I have to do things to keep myself from i don't know, sitting on the internet and comparing my life to other people's. Right, So if I'm if I'm not doing things, then all I'm doing is feeling bad about people who are doing it right, So why not go out and do something interesting? Why not go on a date with the dude with the bad shoes? Why why not?
Speaker 1: See? I just got open to going on dates for the experience of it. Like I before, I was like these these niggas is trying to waste my time. I'm not going they can't hold a conversation.
Speaker 4: They are, absolutely are. The reality is they are.
Speaker 1: But if it's like people who are like you, you can't you can't be jealous of me if I'm happy for you whatever. It is that kind of thing where I'm like, well, you can't really waste my time if I'm like, I'm here for a story and experience.
Speaker 4: So I have.
Speaker 1: I have gotten into I mean, I've started dating again. I went on one bad date top of twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: I might tell us about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, oh boy, it wasn't even yeah, no, it was bad. So I'm trying to rank it because I've been on many bad dates. Actually, so this isn't the worst of them.
Speaker 4: Did you have to pay? Did you have to bring out the NBC card or no?
Speaker 1: The last date I MBC discretionary funds. We ate at the cafe at thirty Rock now no, no, no, no, So this one the last date I went on. I did have to pay, but I knew I was gonna have to pay because as soon as I got in this man's car, he was talking about how you have to take out a mortgage to date a certain type of woman. And he was talking about how he didn't have work lined up for the next month.
Speaker 3: Or so, I said, I said, as soon as you got in his Honda Accord.
Speaker 1: Well, this was in Italy and so so my friend.
Speaker 4: It was an Italian man.
Speaker 1: It was an Italian man. But this isn't the worst shit. This is top of twenty twenty. I went on this bad date that I was my pussy had been on hiatus for voluntary on purpose. It was a decision for some time because again my time had been wasted and I needed to reassess, evaluate the decisions I was making and how I was getting in these entanglements with these types of men. So entanglements, indeed, I think too messy, honestly, like truly not interesting, just like basic dudes doing dude shit. And so anyway, I'm in New York. I'm like, it's time, it's time for me to start dating. I went out with this dude. Was it the beginning of twenty twenty or maybe it was the beginning of twenty nineteen. I'm trying to remember. Either way, girl, Okay, time doesn't matter. So he seemed fine on the app. We're exchanging. He doesn't know what I do for work at this time, which is fantastic. None of his business, none of his business, and I was like, oh, he's able to carry a conversation because I've been on dates with dudes who don't know how to necessarily carry a conversation. I'm like, Okay, he's asking questions, he's engaging, he's good at texting. I don't like texting. To be really clear here, like I actually I might respond to one text message, but when we start doing follow ups and how are you and how have things been, You're not going to get a response from me. We need to go ahead and pick up the.
Speaker 4: Phone voice memo. Can I hit you with a voice memo?
Speaker 1: What's tough about the voice memo is that after thirty seconds, my phone does go dark. I have to start the memo over again if it's more than thirty seconds, And then I'm pissed. And now I'm annoyed in this.
Speaker 3: Your phone goes dark even if you're using it.
Speaker 1: Like literally, I'm listening to a voice memo, and I like put my phone down to be like great, I'm gonna listen to your voice memo and do my thing. The phone The screen goes dark. It's it locks, it locks, and then I have to start your voice maasls. So I have to keep either.
Speaker 3: You know, you can change it to but I'm not.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't want to I don't want to do that. Yeah, I'm very well aware, but I'm like, people don't need to be setting me voice notes. They don't need to be sending me text messages. If you want to talk to me, call me or face time me. I'm all for a phone call all four face time. I was born in the wrong decade or something.
Speaker 4: Okay, well put the put the phone number in the chat.
Speaker 1: Will I definitely follow us. I have a few phone numbers. I'm gonna give you all the burner.
Speaker 4: We we will, we will follow.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 1: All the burner. I got a couple of phone numbers. So some of these ships come through green. But be informed. I had an iPhone, So if my text with you are green, if they're green, just know you have the burner.
Speaker 3: You're not on the main line.
Speaker 1: You're not on the main line.
Speaker 4: Side the side chick phone got.
Speaker 1: It absolutely, so he shows up to the date. So I also was trying not to drink at the time, not because I had any sort of issue with alcohol, but I was like trying to. I was like, I don't even love drinking. I didn't start doing it until like actually like turning up until fairly late, and so I'm like, I don't know if I even want to drink. So it's January. I'm like, I think i'm cool on that. So I decide we agree to go on a date. And then I'm like, shit, I forgot to tell him. He was like, let's get drinks. But it's like the day before, and I'm like, fuck, I forgot to tell him. I'm January. I'm not really drinking. And I was certainly not going to break it for him, like it was sort of flexible, like if something came up, I might, but I was like this, I'm not breaking it for this. So I show up. I'm gonna have a water. It's a dive bar. But I like nice shit. So you've already sort of lost me. And so we're at a die bar in a basement somewhere and like, yeah, floors are sticky. The floors are sticky. You knew it, Marie, you just know it. And so I'm cool, listen, I do. I like nice ship, but I'm cool, and like, if I'm going with my friends, we could pop into a dive bar. If this is if we've been together from some time, like, yeah, let's go to a dive bar. But on the fast first one, that's a little sus so.
Speaker 3: But you have to wait.
Speaker 2: You have to remember that now people are doing pre dates, so they check you out and they go somewhere real low key, and then if it goes well, then they take you to the first date, first date.
Speaker 1: But I okay, but I need these men to like I don't like that shit either, go ahead and said, who's doing that?
Speaker 4: A lot of a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I have a friend who is very much like the first date with someone on the app. He calls a first encounter. He doesn't even count it as a date. He goes, it's a first encounter. We'll get a coffee or a drink and then go and then go from there as far as like, we'll decide if we see each other again, and then that's formally a date. I don't have time for all that, Like, I don't have time. Let's do this the right way. I'm gonna show up, I'm gonna pull up, I'm gonna be a bad bitch, I'm gonna know how to have a conversation. I will charm you, et cetera. Don't don't do that, come correct, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But also don't invite me somewhere. Don't let me somewhere nasty. You should want to impress me.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean yes, So I.
Speaker 4: Did you put did you pull up in uh Lululemon pants?
Speaker 1: What was you wearing? No? I wore so I didn't because I didn't know what kind. I was wearing a black turtleneck and some high waisted jeans. I live in high waisted jeans, you know you have to. And and black booties, black heeled booties, okay, standard. And I walk up to this and to this basement, sticky crazy lights. I'm like, this is insane. But I see him and he's wiping his nose with the back of his hand, and like he stands up, and I was like, this nigga is sick. So he's said it was January it is. I think it is January twenty twenty, because I'm like, PC it together. I'm like, I think it was January twenty twenty. I think I was also trying to cut somebody off of January twenty twenty, so I'm like trying to remember the timeline here. Anyway, he's like wiping his nose, but he sees me and he's doing it. He like gets up hand, hand to to his nose, back of his hand to his nose. He gets up. The posture is simply not there. And I'm I'm very attracted to posture and good posture, and it just simply wasn't there. Shoulders were a little too hunched for your girl. And he oh, no, I'm trying trying to be I'm trying to be nice, trying to be nice. You see me trying to be like, yeah, I'm trying to protect I really am. I'm like, so, how do I put this? He's not dressed like what I feel like is an adult man, That's what I'll say.
Speaker 3: He had on he had on an elastic waistband.
Speaker 4: He had a wind breaker on. He had a wind breaker.
Speaker 1: It was even that would have been cooler. It was like, I feel like he did his best, but I could tell he's not about to like invest in fash He didn't. He didn't understand aesthetics. Like that's let's put it that way, right, He's not going to kiss, No, absolutely not. And look, you don't need to go to kids. You could go wherever and sort it out for yourself. You could sort it out for yourself. You can find a bargain and still look nice. I'm all, that's I'm fine with that. But he's wiping his nose as I'm approaching. But he sees me this is a nonsom like, oh, he didn't realize I'm there. He's like gets up wiping his nose, and we hug, and the hug is limp. And that's also a pet peeve of mine, an absolute pet peeve of mine. Do not hug me if the hug's gonna be limp. Don't shake my hand if the hand's gonna be limp. Also, don't shake my hand because we're in a pandemic. But honestly, that hug, I go, oh God, And so I knew at this moment. I knew, at this moment this is not gonna be it. I'm drinking water tonight. He gets a drink and it's like, even if it weren't like it was like sugary drinks, I'm like, I wouldn't even do this. I'm a tequila soda.
Speaker 4: Get.
Speaker 1: He got a sex on a beach. I don't know it was something, you know, it was it was sweet, just straight juice, some type of red juice and punch fruit punch. I don't know. So then he's like, do you want food? But the it's a darg bar. The food menu is like not chicken, skewers, skewers we got I'm like and I'm like, no in peanuts and I'm like no, I'm I'm good. And so we are talking, but he's having a hard time. He's not making eye contact with me. He's giving me like head down, like.
Speaker 4: Your beautiful, thank you.
Speaker 1: And I do feel in retrospect like he was intimidated. But it's yes, I didn't even give you a full beat today, sir. I came with justin. He didn't even do eyeliner today, sir. We did make it was no makeup, makeup. And I'm like, if you're intimidated by this, wait till I put the lashes on, Like this is not you. There's no reason for you to be intimidated. Right now, I'm making eye contact. He is not making eye contact. That's deeply unattractive to me, deeply, deeply in my soul. That's giving me you have no confidence, be it in this situation or period, I don't know, but in this I'm gonna need you to have confidence with me. And so he all talking to him was also like pulling teeth, so I do know it was a January. Which January? We don't know, but I said, it got to the point where, and I don't like small talk. It got to the point where I was like, so, do you have any New Year's resolutions? I don't give a care damn about that. I don't care about New Year's And that's a bad look because those are the kinds of conversations I'm trying to have on a first date, and really any conversation like what are your New Year's resolutions? I don't care. And he's like, I don't really do all that. I don't and I'm like, okay, well he's like and he's like, I try to just get everything done during the year, but I'm committed to like finding a top that he will talk about, because I don't want to make him feel bad because within minutes. So Sudie Green gave me great advice after this date. When I was recounting this story months later, she goes, you don't know him anything thirty minutes in, Like you knew before thirty minutes in. I mean when I walked up, I knew it wasn't it but she's like, you could have just left. She's like, you could have left, but I felt so bad because I can tell this person's lacking confidence. So then I'm trying to like make them feel better about themselves and not like, oh yeah, if the date is thirty minutes, you know, damn well, she's not into you. You're gonna feel rejected. So I'm like, I don't want him to feel like that, but he is really given. He's given me a hard time. So I find a topic that he that gets him talking some. But so we start talking about hip hop and then he's like, oh, you I make beats sometimes and yeah, and so I don't want him to listen to this because at the time he didn't know who I was, which I like, which I liked, and I think he tried to ask but he didn't know. He was like, oh, you do comedy, Like where do you work? I said Midtown and then he's like oh and so he's like, yeah, just like write comedy and like performance sometimes. But anyway, so the date ends when we wait a question waste question?
Speaker 4: Is he beige.
Speaker 1: Well mean caucage?
Speaker 2: Yes, So you're giving You're saying a drake, you're a Drake adjacent man.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go ahead and say, uh Ben affleck not but not but not as attractive, Okay.
Speaker 3: So and so he.
Speaker 1: He's on We're on hip hop. He's talking about hip hop, and he's I think delighted that I can hang. I could feel that he's I feel for him. I think like there's something he's passionate about. But I think he also had the like preconceived notion that, like, I don't know, girls aren't probably into that stuff. So I was able to he just truly this man, I cannot So we figure that out. But while we're talking, we get to talking about Joe Button's podcast and I was like, oh, I've been to Last Lap a bunch of times whatever, And I was like, I didn't know until a friend came to visit me in town that they talk about it on Joe Budden's podcast. And he says to me, yeah, another place they talk about on his podcast is catch Steak. And so I'm sitting here like I'm fucking hungry. I look good tonight. I put on I put on the makeup again, no makeup, makeup, And so I'm listening to him and I'm like that's what I'm gonna do. I'm leaving you and I'm gonna go to catch steak by myself for a table for one.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 1: I basically ran away from him at the end of the date. At the end of the date, I'm like, okay, let's let's close out whatever. And then we're leaving. He's like, we should grab Greek food sometimes because I said I like Greek food, and I'm like yeah, yeah, yeah. I was like, yeah, hit me up on the app. Now, you know, after a first date, if the girl is like hit me on the pack on the app, I won't even give you my contact, you know, it's bad. So I see a cab, I hail it quickly, like I am in the street like yeah, hit me up on the app and running away, running away from him. And then I tell the the the driver to take me to catch steak and I and if he wants to join you, he can the driver No, he couldn't know, he could not. I was I was done babysitting niggas for the night.
Speaker 3: So and this man also.
Speaker 4: Show do you think that is bougie?
Speaker 2: Like not being able to be at a dive bar, wanning neck be at a nice restaurant, wanting the guy to dress up.
Speaker 1: Like I didn't even need him to dress up, just dressed like you. Like he could have been in yes, he could have literally been in jeans and a T shirt, but like, but like just dressed better like you. You didn't. But it's where he's at in his life. And it also let me know that I'm like, that's where you are in your life, and we just kind of we move differently, and so there isn't a connection in that regard at all, because I'm like, oh, I would have tried to impress. I also wouldn't have like made this woman carry the entire conversation. I also would have made eye contact, you know I I you know she is trying here, she is pulling teeth. So the date ended up being two hours because I was like, no, we're gonna get you to talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now that's you.
Speaker 1: It's too much. I did too much. I went too hard. I'm drinking water for two hours, two hours, two hours doing all the work. And I was like, absolutely not. And that made me put my pussy on hiatus all over again. I was I will not be I said, this is what's out here. I will not be out with these it's nasty.
Speaker 4: Well that's ratchet. That's ratchet being on a two hour date.
Speaker 1: Listen. J Cole has a line that is, uh, my girl, bougie still do ratchet ship and that's me. That's actually me. I am bougie, but I still do ratchet shit, and I enjoy ratchets shit from time to time.
Speaker 3: Listen, let me tell you, let me let me give you an out. Okay, the next time you go on a date like this.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I was on a date last night and it was similar. He showed up. He had on like Nike shiny sweatpants, yellow socks, the T shirt had a lion on it, so okay, and they had like a like a like an overshirt blouse thing. I scheduled my uber to pick.
Speaker 1: Me up girl. Wait, explain you explain?
Speaker 3: Okay. So when you order an uber, okay, you can schedule it, but you can schedule it for like what type? It was eleven o'clock. I scheduled my uber for eleven forty between eleven forty five and midnight.
Speaker 1: Marie, wait upon arrival when you saw him, or like before, no, before you got there.
Speaker 3: I got there a little after ten. He got there maybe like ten fifteen, which is a.
Speaker 4: Turn off for Marie because he got there late. He got got there later.
Speaker 1: I don't like that ship. We don't like that. I don't like that.
Speaker 3: Well I'm queen of not being one time for sure. But how did I beat you here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: But it was fine. It was like a nice day. I'm on a rooftobe, it's fine. He he was online for a while at the bargaining me a glass of rose. So the date was, you know, after that first hour. Actually when I met him, I was like, uh uh when I'm as soon as I said.
Speaker 1: When you say him, you could tell, you could say, what do you know? Yeah? You know, you know, uh huh absolutely, And and.
Speaker 3: Then the conversation was very much me asking him questions and it and it was because he texted me when I got home and said, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for like if I wasn't on my whatever he said, And I said, what do you mean? And he said, I didn't really ask you any questions.
Speaker 4: He said that, so he knew there was no He knew so he knew that. That's also ratchet.
Speaker 1: Yeah you knew.
Speaker 3: But anyway, if you skeart your car, then you have an out. Because he was like, oh, do you want to take a walk or go somewhere else. I said, oh, my car is coming in eleven minutes. I Marie text me.
Speaker 4: I well, I text Marianna. I said, hey, how's the date? And she had this gift for emoji where the person is like yawning.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: She's like, I'm bored, and I said, I said, tell him that you had a candle at home and it's still on and you gotta you gotta get to it.
Speaker 3: No, no, that seems like an invite back, honestly.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, my actually my house is on fire, so I have to go.
Speaker 1: I never like, this is my inn. I can help her. I'm gonna no no, no, yeah, that's too much, that's too much.
Speaker 3: Schedule next time. Schedule the car. Yeah, as soon as soon as you see them, as soon as you feel it, as soon as you realize the car. Yeah, absolutely, because it's gonna save me money.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only reason I didn't take it when I scheduled it because it was going to be like fifty dollars. But when I scheduled it, it was twenty six, so I saved myself money. And you know, I was like, what am I going to do if I'm sitting at home right now? Anyway, I'm gonna be in the house wasting time. At least I'm getting some fresh air, right And I was already out when we went on the date, So it's okay. I'm glad that not even on the date.
Speaker 1: So Marie, I like what you do. It seems like you are like living your life and a date is sort of like an errand as opposed to like, I have this date tonight. I really do like that approach where it's like one of the things on the to do list today, we're not going above and beyond. I'll pop over to this date, see what he's talking about, and pop out. Okay, It's like.
Speaker 3: I'm already dressed and I already had on a date, wig, So I said, let's let's go. Let's see what this looks like, and then if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but if it does, then then I have a nice night.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's wise. That's wisdom I appreciate. And I wish I had known before i'd gone out with this young man whose name I cannot remember.
Speaker 4: No no, No, it's okay, it's fine. We don't need to know name. Yeah, his name is do not call, do not call. He knows, he knows, but I wanted to know.
Speaker 2: Ego, are you like, because you're such a classy, bougie gal, like, are you looking for love?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you open to having more fun? Well, I mean you're a woman of prestige. You're on TV, so you can't just be doing anything. But I'm saying I.
Speaker 1: Be out here like that. That's absolutely true, and I wish part of me is like that sucks a little bit, but you know, yeah, I'm I'd ideally end up in a relationship, but it really has to make sense for me to commit to you. I mean, it's really got to make sense. It's got to feel right. It's got to feel like I can't not be with this person as opposed to like this, Yeah, yeah, it's supposed to like I just need a warm body next to me. I don't do that as opposed to I'm so used to people being around. I'm very independent, so I'd like to be in a relationship, but I'm also simply not going to force it.
Speaker 3: So well, that's the that's the right way to do relationships. Yeah, you forced it. It usually doesn't work right. But you also just got back from a cute little Italian trip. And you know what they say, Italian men love black women. So do you know what happened over there? Sis a little machiavellius.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't meet an Italian man. But we're not in communication any longer.
Speaker 4: You ain't got what's happen? What's you know? What's out and down? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Killed him? But no, the mob got him. No, you know, he he was a lot. He was a lot, and it wasn't correct. But I also I didn't want to be in touch. I actually met him and was like, I said to him on the date, I don't care if we ever talk again. And then I realized, like, oh, that's pretty early on because I'm like, I don't live here. I live in a different country with a six hour time difference. Sometimes I'm in a city that has a nine hour time difference to you. So I'm like, what are we Why would we even pretend that we're going to like keep in touch in any meaningful way? And he said, you don't care if we talk again? I said, oh, because I know that bruises men's egos. So I dialed it back. I was like, oh, you know, I was just being guarded. I was being guarded.
Speaker 3: I I gotta protect myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So I dialed it back a little bit and we we sorted, we sorted ourselves out, and I enjoyed my time. I did pay for my meal. I don't know if I enjoyed my time. I wanted to have an experience. I wanted to go on a date in Italy. I did. I was on a mission and I so.
Speaker 3: Did you jump on the back of his vespa. I was with the with a long piece of bread sticking out the bag.
Speaker 1: I wish. I wish life was still a movie. I wish, but no, it's simply not. And I thought about getting on Tender because I was like, oh, I probably have my full anonymity in Italy. But then I'm like, that's it seems yeah, that feels too risky as a woman by myself. I was by myself when I thought about getting on Tinder. I was I had like three nights on my own in a gorgeous hotel. But I was like, I don't feel comfortable having someone come over here. I don't want to and the language barrier that people. I feel like it was challenging communicating sometimes. So I was like, that doesn't feel right to me. So I was on Riya. Riya doesn't let you choose location, but it does it sort of adapts to where you physically are, and so it started showing me men in at least men throughout Europe. And so I matched with a young man who was in a city that I was going to be going to in like four to five days, and I initiated the conversation because I had a mission in mind, and so I got a I got us all squared away and set up for a meetup once I got to his city. But I normally wouldn't like this is I knew I wasn't gonna like him, like made me initiate, and then even was like I said, like show me, tell me what stuff to do. I'm in your city, and he's like, okay, I'll tell you what stuff And then like the next day was like, you know, i'd say i'd show you myself actually if you weren't with your friends, and I'm like, I never said I was. I've never told you I was with friends. In fact, as I'm messaging you right now, I am alone, but I can leave. I'm gonna be with a friend. I can leave my friend. And he still didn't say okay, Well then I'd love to show you. It was very like the timidity of it all.
Speaker 3: But baby missing it, missing it. And for me, as as a woman who people do get intimidated by, it's like it's hot one when anybody male will female, whatever. When people know what they want and they say what they mean, and they mean what they like, that's attractive across the board.
Speaker 4: That's what y'all say. That's what y'all say. No, no, that's what I say.
Speaker 2: And then when and then when a bitch does it, you're like, oh, hold, you know actually I'm just like nah in a place like no, I'm not I'm not ready.
Speaker 3: It's just you know, I said that.
Speaker 1: No, it's not listen. If it's someone I'm not interested. I used to reward people for being assertive enough like to ask me out, I would be like, I would never make that person feel stupid because I'm like, I applaud you, please continue doing this. I want to give you some positive reinforcement, even if it's not going to be me, Even if I'm not gonna do this, like, I want you to know that this is the correct thing, and I enjoy it. A lot of people will appreciate it. Do not grow timid. So I did not like the way he I didn't like the way he was approaching the whole thing. But I had a mission in mind, you see, so I was I mean, I again initiated the conversation. I ultimately was like, no, I can leave my friend. And even then he didn't, you know, ask properly, formally in any way to take me out, and then just very casual about it and in the unattractive way, because I'm like, if it is like even if it is just gonna be a little Italian I'm in town for two days fling, I'm like, be sexy about it. Still, this is not sexy. This isn't turned me on the way you're approaching that.
Speaker 3: But you know what, but you know what makes it even less sexy is we know that those men do exist. Those men are out there and they're like, you know, you know, I'm downstairs of the hotel with the with the like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those guys, listen, those guys are out there, and they are immediately they're gonna get you a dressed and then all of a sudden they're like, we're doing anal. These guys, they're gonna be aggressive, and then they're gonna expect it a lot.
Speaker 1: I would do the experience up until the anal. I would have liked to enjoy the experience.
Speaker 3: Until you try to get me to the al.
Speaker 1: I want to ride me your dress. Absolutely. I wish life was still a movie and he bought a dress. This is that I'm get on the back of my vespa.
Speaker 3: This is what my friend, my friend who was in Spain for a month told me. She was like, if you're going you're going to Europe, get dressed, put on like a long flowy thing or something right, something that you feel cute in, and then just like walk to the square or what like, walk to the center of the city or town or the river or whatever, and the people who you looking for will find you, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean. And those people.
Speaker 3: Who are going to make that move are going to offer to you know, put you on the back of the vest, but and give you a tour of this. Yes, that's the European vacation that that we aspire to have.
Speaker 4: You know who did that I think Natalie Holloway, she did the same thing she did, was.
Speaker 1: On a school trip left. But let me tell you what I really When I was in that hotel room on my own, on my own, with this giant bed, it was a beautiful setting, I thought, oh, someone should come over here. But I was like, yeah, I did think about Natalie. I said, I'm not about to be Natalie. I'm like, I'm by myself in the middle of nowhere. I'm having a hard time communicating with everybody. I'm like, this is no, no, no, no no, I'm not gonna get the Italian killer. So I didn't know, so I stuck to Rayah. I would have been fine within but even but Natalie did meet someone in person. I think about her anytime I go on a trip, and staff, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Every time I go on a trip, I say hashtag no Holloway, and I've been saying it literally since she went the first time.
Speaker 2: We don't want we obviously we don't want, uh you know, no Holloway. But it's also like, I mean, I don't I don't want to live my life in fear all the time, and I want to have these experiences where I look back and be like, damn, I could have died, but here I am alive.
Speaker 1: You know, so.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing all this, you know, apprehensive energy. I'm like, when are you ratchet? When are you just lets down?
Speaker 1: I let the it's it's gotta feel right. I got it's gotta feel right. It's a spiritual thing. For me. When spiritual, it's a spiritual thing.
Speaker 4: So it's after church.
Speaker 1: No, no, I didn't you go off energies or something. I just was like we were exchanging on rayah. I was like, this man is obsessed in a very cute, endearing way with his little brother. He has one brother. His brother is truly a child, like a seven year old. And I'm like, he's harmless. So I gotten he picked me up from my hotel. He picked me up and we went on a date. So like people were like, he's the brother in the car. The brother wasn't in the car. The brother has a dad, so he's just the brother has a dad. But they spend they spend weekends together.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: So he picked me up in the car. That's risky. That's risky to get in the car in a foreign country with a man I don't know, but I caught the vibes, first caught the vibes. I feel like on Tinder, you're maybe not gonna catch the vibes. I think Tinder is like I don't know, I haven't been on Tender since like twenty fourteen, but I'm pretty sure now it is purely like it's basically a prostitution. A prostitution app right without page maybe with yeah I have friends. Yeah, I have friends who are still on Tender, who are who are enjoying themselves, but they have Yeah, let's just say that because it's not my business to share.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, hey, we are here.
Speaker 3: We're here for you.
Speaker 1: From me. I'm from me, but I let that I let the tendrils. I let the tendrils down. I let the tendrils down. But I need to feel it out. And it as a spiritual thing where I catch the vibes and I say, who is this person? What do I Am I getting killer energy? Or am I getting regular old regular person?
Speaker 3: But I feel like I feel like even the way that you talk is very like And then after that, I want to hear a little bit of mess is a crumb of mess. Maybe you want to hear you it's not necessarily something that is going to make you look bad. But like a time that you had to cut somebody off, a time you had to put your foot down, a time that maybe you had to step outside yourself and say, actually, this is not this will not stand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean this is this guys, you'd have you if anybody who knows me real life, spends actual time with me, knows that the Baltimore does jump out. I try to keep her contained. I really do, because I used to be cussing everybody out and I don't want to be that an hoore. So that's what you're kids.
Speaker 3: Are you cussing people about back in the day?
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean you're like seventeen eighteen, nineteen twenty, you just cussing everybody, Oh, every little motherfucking thing. But I you know, as an adult in LA, I've told this story before, but this is the most shameful, the most shameful I've done thing I've done.
Speaker 4: Cool, yeah, but we have no shame here.
Speaker 1: I was. I was riding on freaking Vine in Los Angeles, trying to turn right onto Franklin and this woman didn't move at the green light. It's rush hour traffic. I lightly tap my horn so as to alert her that, hey, the light screen we've been you've been chilling for Yeah, that, I guess upsets this white woman. And so then she pulls up next to me to hot day, our windows are down. She pulls up next to me, said something racist, but I just it wasn't It wasn't the end word. She didn't call me a hard r N word, but she did. She just it was a little too buck for my taste. And so I had time that day, and so I no, I did it. But maybe we're in rush hour traffic. You holding all of us up. This is insane. You you do need to go ahead and go through the light. So I had time. I was I had an hour and a half to kill actually, because I wasn't. You weren't in a rush at all, bab And I tell you, but when I tell you, that's that's yes. Take that yes, listen to what you're saying. I wasn't in a rush. So it wasn't an aggressive horn tap. It was literally like a hey, hey, neighbor, the lights green. I'm not in a rush. But I was like, hey, you've been sitting here the light screen. We are in rush hour I'm not pressed, but the light is green and you have not moved for some time. I don't know what you're doing, but I don't care. It's not even that deep. So I was like, hey, light screen, that's normal. She I don't know what she's mad about. And she has the wrong one. And so she pulls up and says something, windows are down. She actually has the absolutely wrong one. People people have found out. I'm the wrong one. I tell you that, the wrong one.
Speaker 4: I like that title. I'm not the one.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm the wrong one.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 1: She pulls up and she says something but it made me. I was it was a little too bucked for my taste. And so then I'm like, well, I have time, so I'm gonna follow this woman. And yeah yeah, And so I'm like, I'm gonna follow this woman because that really just fissed me off. And I pull up to her at a lot because she's now like trying to because she thought she could say some slick shit and then speed away, and I'm like, I'm a really good driver, also be informed. So I'm like, oh no, and I have time. I have an hour and a half to kill. Actually I was about to go somewhere to just chill for an hour and a half. So I'm like cool, So I follow her. I wave to my improv teacher at one point while I'm following her, I'm on the phone too.
Speaker 4: I was like on the phone while I was driving, multitasking.
Speaker 1: Yes, wave see my improvs either waving my improv teacher, talking to my friend casual ketchup. I can't remember which friend it was, what story they were telling me. And I go hold on because now I've pulled up next to her, and I say hold on real fast, and I want and my window is already down, and I spit in her car.
Speaker 2: No ego, cut the camera, cut the camera, dead ass, dead ass, you hawk some.
Speaker 3: Spit or it was already just what was in your mouth?
Speaker 1: I hawked some spit. I howked some spit at her. And I was like, and I don't know what I said to her because I do blackout and I don't know what I said to her. Guys, this is why I'm like this. I meditate. Everyone's like, she's so neat and put together, but I'm like, yes, I'm trying to tell you I need to be centered like this, because yeah, I need to be centered like this. This is important to my whole that I need to be like this. It's good for my spirit. Teach us your way. I don't even want to be like that. I didn't even know the Baltimore was still in me like that. And and so I told my friend. Didn't even know what what happened, because I got right back on the phone. I was like, Okay, I'm sorry, go ahead with your story. And then I was like, go ahead with your story. And so heard the rest of my friend's story. But I'm still annoyed about this lady. But yeah, I did it. That's not a proud moment because I remember seeing I don't know what it was. I don't know if it was the Housewives of Jersey. Maybe it was Teresa Djudice. I've always thought like spitting on someone is just like the trashiest fucking thing.
Speaker 2: It's above it's above ratchet, it's it's it's throwing a drink is classier.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: And if only if only I had an alcoholic beverage in my vehicle with me as I was as I was driving, so.
Speaker 3: Even like a little soa.
Speaker 1: I don't drink soda, but I understand what you're saying. I do understand what you're saying.
Speaker 2: You don't wait, I don't drink you don't drink soda, no ego. You have to tell me what, like what are you putting in your body? Because you just it's giving me like cleans. You're always on a clean.
Speaker 1: Have you seen my Instagram, Sydney I candy? I eat candy for breakfast. You saw me eat a harborl egg just now. But that was like on a mission. I was like on a mission. I just worked out, which is not something I've been very into. But I've tried to change my life because I do eat candy. I eat trash, but even that is quality trash. This is where they're like bougie, the bougie classy whatever is that. I eat trash, but it's like good trash.
Speaker 4: What's the good trash? What's the best candy?
Speaker 1: I like gummies. There's this little there's this grocery store, like a little specialty market by my place where they sell very like like ten dollars Swedish fish, but they're not regular. They're like they're like naturally Swedish.
Speaker 4: Girl.
Speaker 1: Do you hate it?
Speaker 4: Like a membership card?
Speaker 3: At this place.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't even remember anybody. Go walk in and get these these Swedish fish? How do you put me onto them? Because she she knows I like nice shit, but she knows I like candy. I like trash. I will eat candy for breakfast, lunch, dinner. By dinner, I will need a real meal. But no, no, I'm not. I do think there is this misconception that I am so so put together. It's so classy and have it?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. I appreciate it. I love it.
Speaker 2: You went to Italy, and you went to Italy and you only posted food, Like I said, is she on her Anthony Boordaine shit?
Speaker 3: Like, let's go.
Speaker 1: That's all I wanted to do. That's all, like I had said when I got to Italy. Before I got there, I was like, my plan is just to eat food. I'm very passionate about food. I don't cook a lot of it. I like cooking, but I don't cook a lot of food. But I really like eating good food. I like quality shit. That's the thing. I like quality shit. That's all. I like nice shit.
Speaker 3: Now I feel like we usually do this at the beginning of the episode. But you gotta tell us about your like family background. Is your mother like a teacher? Is your sister classy? Like how are you the way that you are?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: The family, especially from Baltimore, Balmore, what's the family tree given?
Speaker 1: I mean, my mom is a doctor, but we actually didn't grow up. She became a doctor when I was like nine years old. She graduated medical school. She went to medical school with four kids. She's a single mom. So how am I like this? I don't fucking know. I feel like it's in your DNA, Like I don't think my mom and I are similar in this regard, Like she's a lot more. She she doesn't skimp on comfort, which is interesting, but it's but she's not gonna spend crazy money on her clothes, on a handbag that's not her. But she doesn't skimp on comfort. So I did get that. We don't pinch. We don't pen any pinch on comfort, even if you don't really have it, Like, but it's not to flex, it's for her own experience. So I think I got that from her. But otherwise i'd like, I think I don't know somewhere in my blood, but I couldn't tell you where I couldn't tell you where it came from. I don't. I mean, I don't know. My sister's not like this, my brother is not like this.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just I just watch your Instagram and like everything that you post, it's just it's like very curated.
Speaker 4: You're not you're not You're not getting known there and just talking ship.
Speaker 1: Just have you seen me in Bowen's lives?
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, yes, we love all that King King, king, king King.
Speaker 2: But even even when you you and Bowen just talking ship, it's still like distinguished ship.
Speaker 1: You know. I love that you think that, and that means my mission, my work is my work. I want to be a person whose private life stays private. Like I I this is a decision I made. I'm like, what kind of what kind of actor do I want to be? I'm like, I want to be a person who's private life. Like I'm not gonna if I have a man, he's probably not gonna be on my Instagram. Absolutely, yes, uh huh, Absolutely that's what I'm trying to do. Like that's I don't pop up married, yeah, pop up married. I don't want hundreds of thousands of people's opinions or uh, input or thoughts on or or all being in my business in that way. I don't like, Like we said at the top, I don't know these people. I'm grateful they enjoy what I do share, but I don't know them.
Speaker 3: But the thing about that is the thing about that is this, there are people who will post every single step of a relationship.
Speaker 4: Literally that we we know the meeting, literally, the first.
Speaker 3: Date, we know, we know she spent the night, we know what the dick got a curve, we know everything. And then we know that he cheated and had a seper family the whole time. Like and it's like, now you gotta go, and you got an archive post, got to delete the art. That feels like too much, It feels like too much work to do all that. I'd rather talk about the people that I date through memes and you know, like jokes in the live. But I don't see a reason why you need to be on my page if there's not a ring on my finger.
Speaker 1: Basically that's how I feel. I'm like, this is I'm dating you are we are still in a dating phase. There's no reason for you to be on my page. I don't mean because we could, we could break up tomorrow and then.
Speaker 3: And a great poet Cardi B said, Uh, ain't no ring on my finger, you ain't going on my gram.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And even if, like I mean, offset be disrespecting her with the rings, she's.
Speaker 4: Still she'd still find time for him. I mean, I agree with all of this. I mean, you know, obviously I am.
Speaker 2: I'm currently in a relation, and you know, I try to I try to keep it as cute as possible, but I'm just like, we are just like too beautiful, and I don't think there's enough lesbian representation on the GRAM. So I have to do my due diligence here and there, just pop a cute photo of us. You know, we nothing crazy, you know, Bam, we out here and that's it. But I understand, I understand the girls.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's all it is. I'm trying to continue booking this work. I'm trying to continue to uh have a real life off outside of the Internet. I don't, I know, we are in the age of the Internet. But again, you know your girl likes phone calls, right, So I just I'm not necessarily like my life is on the GRAM person. No one in my family has social media. Yeah, and so full personality as far as that goes, Yeah, you have to come kick it with me, like, yeah, I'm probably not given.
Speaker 3: The go ahead and drop the.
Speaker 1: Yeah this week okay, okay, okay, I won't be here. I'm gonna be I'm gonna be out of town. Okay, all right, And it's true, that's true. It's true. Great, you're going back to the KKK upstairs honks.
Speaker 4: No, she's she's going back on her European tour.
Speaker 1: I wish I want to go back. I want to go back immediately because now I'm like, I know what to do, I know where to eat, I know what to I know how it moved differently too.
Speaker 3: But I want to go to I want to go back to Europe. I did a Eat prey Ho trip a couple of years ago, and I want to go back and do a part two of that. Where did you hire Europe for a full month? Every country that I went to, Paris, Asterdam, Switzerland, Well, I was in Switzerland, Okay, London and Lyon. So the goal is to go back. I want to go to Berlin. I want to go back to London.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we gotta do, we gotta do.
Speaker 3: I feel like if I'm doing Italy, I want to be with an Italian friend just so they can, like, you know, take me to the spots that I need to go to and also translate for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need to be with Mateo for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a good call. If you have someone to translate Italian for you, very very important and very helpful, I would say. Yeah. So, guys, it's a balance. It's just a balancing act. Little boogie, little ratchet.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you're very well rounded, and obviously you know I don't. I don't get to like hang out with you enough because you don't be out of here in the streets as much.
Speaker 1: But we've been in a pandemic. I feel like I moved to New York merely got my footing, and it was like, and it's a pandemic, and so I was ready to be outside truly as this was starting, I was like, Okay, I understand, I know I'm gonna be at But then the pandemic hit and it kept me in the house. And now it's been hard for me to really get out of the house because now I'm like, well, this is what I do. I'm in the house now, so I'm trying. I'm trying to get out of that.
Speaker 3: But we did get to see you briefly at Bowen's house.
Speaker 4: Yes, we did.
Speaker 3: That was so brief.
Speaker 1: It was nice. I forgot that that happened. Yes, yes, that was very nice. No, it was too brief, it was it was like it was, it was too brief, like that whole I feel like I was there for two and out.
Speaker 2: But I think we should have a classy bougie ratchet meet up, you know, getting some of our classiest boos, bougiest and ratchets together and just have like a like a cute little gathering.
Speaker 3: In my mind, it's a dinner, yes, you know, dinner that none of us are cooking, but a dinner. Yeah, yes, I would love that for us. Like I'm always looking for an excuse to get dressed cute and eat good food and be around people who make me laugh.
Speaker 1: So okay, so we're going to do that happen. We're going to do it when I'm back. Let's do it. Everyone's in town, okay, Okay, we'll do it.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, and now we this is where we get like, you know, we're not tests, but we get some tips. If say, for instance, you want to go out on the town. You know, name like four things that you're going to need or maybe a place that you need to go to in order for us to have like a good time with you up to your standard thing is no so no, no, no, just answer the question, bab.
Speaker 1: Sydney, Sydney, No no, I know I need these things to have a good time. I could be outside with you, guys, I would have a good time. That is not just me saying that to make you feel nice or sound polite, like I'm really not as high maintenance, but I'm like, if we're gonna do something, we should do good ship. I like good food, I like cute cocktails. I like warm weather, and I like for everyone to be dressed cute if we're going to them.
Speaker 3: Some groups have that one friend. Yeah that's the fashions is not and.
Speaker 2: That friend is the one that's gonna take the picture of everybody. But you're having your steak?
Speaker 4: How are you having it? What's the temperature?
Speaker 1: I graduated to medium recently, gradue what were you before? I was medium? Well?
Speaker 3: And before that, yes, that's well done.
Speaker 1: My ass was well done.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Yeah, that's definitely the black lady in you Because I was talking to my mom today about steak and she was like because I was like, oh, I went to this, I went on this date the other day. They were grilling steak and my mom was like, did they cut it up and marinate it? And I said that's not how you fix it. I said you, I said you, it would be too dry.
Speaker 1: Like did they cut it marinated?
Speaker 3: Girl? I said, they can hit it with some salt, pepper, grilled it whole.
Speaker 1: And then oh, my mom is like cook everything all the way through. If I make a spaghetti with ground turkey, She's like, but did you boil the ground turkey before you put it in the pan with the No? No, no, no, I didn't, No, I did not. I'm like, I don't do that. She's the one who had me on well done steaks. And then I and I got grown and I was like, okay, medium, well, and now I'm like, well, and if it's a good steak, oh excuse me. Now, I'm like medium. But if it's a good steak, a good steak, medium is wonderful. That's I'm I'm not going more red than that. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: I went on I went on a date with this guy. We went to habachi and I heard him multiple times tell the dude that the little chef that was making the little volcanoes with the onions. I heard him say, I want my food well, to cook it hard, yeah, listening. I was listening and tried to give it to him, and he was like, no, no longer, and I was like everybody else then got.
Speaker 1: Their food already.
Speaker 4: It's embarrassing. It's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: This man's shift is done now and you still got him burning this meat.
Speaker 1: It was And did you see him another time?
Speaker 3: I did. I saw him for like a whole year after that.
Speaker 4: Nothing nothing wrong with that, Marie. We've all been there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a good time.
Speaker 2: My last question, if you if you have wings right, are you using blue cheese or ranch?
Speaker 1: Okay? I thought you were gonna ask me flats or drums? Okay, but but you can. You can answer both. Blue cheese. I'm gonna go blue cheese, even though I don't like blue cheese, but I do like blue cheese. Sauce the different sauce, yes, okay. Flats or drums, I'm gonna say drums.
Speaker 4: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get the flats.
Speaker 3: I like both, and I didn't realize that this was something that people like, like really debated about flats only for me.
Speaker 4: And it's like, but lats are ratchet flat flatch, ratchett Maria.
Speaker 1: But honestly, so many people would. I'm surprised I have anybody in agreement with me right now, because I feel like most people tell me flats, it's flats, it's flats, it's flats, and I don't understand that. I don't get it flat.
Speaker 4: I got to break it apart. I got to stuff off the liament.
Speaker 3: Off.
Speaker 1: Don't do that.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Putting my business out there no more, Maurice, So you don't need to be talking about what I'm wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, I have a question before we go, and I can't believe we did not ask this. Okay, you're in a relationship with somebody or your friends, whatever. The relationship is, a friend relationship, a romantic relationship. They wrong you in some way, How are you extracting your revenge on that person.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna like this answer because it's not juicy. It's not juicy. I don't no, I don't even do it's not even that I don't do revenge. This is the spiritual zen of me. I'm not kidding. I don't do revenge. Revenge will find you. Like that's that will sort itself out. That'll sort itself out. It always does. And so it's not it's not a juicy pulling up. You not pulling up. I've never been like, I'm okay. So even when the story is about like a woman popping out up at a man's house who's wrong turn slashing his tires, I've never been in it so deep with anybody that I feel the need to like pull up and and and really exact revenge in that way. I'm just like, I'm cool on you, and the revenge is I'm not in your life anymore. Take care and and the rest will sort itself out. I've seen many of people crumble when I just fall back. But that's so that is the class I suppose. But I'm like, anybody got time for that. I'm not worried about revenge. It always works.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we're not talking about revenge, you're quitting it. What's the worst way you've ever quit a job? How about that We've all had jobs that we right or the messiest way or the most random way, like I've quit job. Like the way I used to quit my jobs is I would be walking out on a Tuesday and I'd be like, I'm not coming back tomorrow, and then I just wouldn't come back, or I would fake I would fake moving. Oh, I'm moving to Canada.
Speaker 1: I can't work here.
Speaker 2: No more.
Speaker 3: Candles burning.
Speaker 1: Candles burning into the house, and I can't come back to work ever again. Man, hm, I don't think I have to get have the messiest way I've had to quit a person. I mean, this shit's not interesting, Like I don't have When I told you, bitches, I don't have business, I'm like, I don't have business.
Speaker 3: Oh, bitches, really really give it to us.
Speaker 1: Ego, No, I literally don't have business. I'm even quitting a job. I'm like, I've never I've never I'm doing the two weeks, but I've also never had a like this. When I was fourteen, I worked at a retirement home. This is so not interesting. I was like, I'm about to be class president and I can't do this job anymore. But that was but so I was like, today's my last day, like class president in ninth grade, like, that's not going to keep me from doing the job. But that was otherwise. I didn't really have too many jobs. I hated I've had many a job.
Speaker 3: Were you class president?
Speaker 1: I was? That was the truth, but it wasn't. But it wasn't true that it was going to have any responsibility. I wasn't going to have so much responsibility that I couldn't have my evening, part time occasional job.
Speaker 3: So, m all right, I hear what you're saying. Yes, yes, the streets are listening. We'll we'll reconvene with the mess at a later time.
Speaker 1: Goodness, I'm trying to tell you, guys, there's not there's really nothing interesting.
Speaker 4: We're winky winky face. We're sending you the emojis ego you.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I think you are one of the classiest ladies in the industry, and I think I'm so glad that eventually we'll go out and get the Baltimore and you.
Speaker 4: Out in the streets hopefully.
Speaker 1: And when somebody tries me is all is this only comes out when.
Speaker 3: I'm tried, only comes out when you're driving and you have an hour and a half to kid Absolutely, And she tried me, I.
Speaker 1: Thought, Oh you think you can say some sliction and drive away. Watch this. You will be sped on in just a moment's time anyway, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, babe. Can you unplug you know, your install your Twitter where we can catch.
Speaker 3: You, let people know what you got going on?
Speaker 1: Yes, moving forward, Yeah you can. I'll be I'll be in the next season of Love Life on HBO, so catching on HBO Max. I think it's whatever anyway, and whenever that comes out, I think it's coming out in the fall. Saturday Night Live coming back in the fall as well, And you can catch me on Instagram and Twitter. Instagram is Eggie Boom. Twitter is Eggy Underscore Boom because an Esther Wilson has the handle that I need on Twitter. But I will never pay her, and I do say that on every podcast, so she knows I'm not pressed enough to pay yester Her and her seven followers, Esther Wilson. Esther's probably like Esther's probably like not a young person who like once got Twitter back and whatever and and just is holding onto the handle, especially now that she knows some one half wants it. But I'm not pressed enough. But anyway, it's an underscore between the Eggy and the boom on Twitter. But that's that's where you can find me being classy and minimally ratchet ratchet.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, thank you for being here, you know, and and chatting with us. Sidney. Is there anything that you feel like we missed, Andrew? Is there anything that you feel like we missed?
Speaker 2: The only thing we miss is your phone numbers, So put that in the chat and I'll definitely I'll email you.
Speaker 4: Or I'll catch you on the app, you know, and I'll catch you on the app, says.
Speaker 1: Catch me app, because unless you're gonna call or FaceTime, I'm like, I can't get teed.
Speaker 3: Sidney is queen of FaceTime. Oh good, okay, okay, well that's Sydney's queen.
Speaker 4: That's something.
Speaker 1: Well that's something.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna FaceTime you on Instagram, girl, You're gonna.
Speaker 1: Catch it doesn't let me. I'll be trying to FaceTime my friends on Instagram and it doesn't let me now, and I don't know why it won't Why my.
Speaker 3: Face because it closes down after thirty.
Speaker 1: No, it literally isn't even an option. Is that what happens? It's faulty too. It doesn't even it's not even an option for me to FaceTime anymore. Anyway, I want it. We'll hang out. We'll hang out, yes, later this coming month. Let's do it. Let's play in an evening out, Let's do it. Thanks boo, okay, thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, and definitely, you know, get on the good old iTunes rate, subscribe, review all those good things, leave us like the comments and tell friends.
Speaker 4: About you know, the Unofficial Expert.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Come see us, love and wear your good clothes.
Speaker 4: Bye bye, Forever.
Speaker 3: This has been a Forever Dog production.
Speaker 4: The Unofficial Expert is executive produced by Brett Boham, Joe Cilio and Alex Ramsey.
Speaker 1: Senior producer Tracy Soren.
Speaker 3: Produced by Andrew McGuire. Cover art by Sandy Hoenig. To listen to this podcast ad free, sign up for Forever Dog Plus at Foreverdogpodcasts dot com slash plus.
Speaker 2: Check out video clips of our podcasts on YouTube at YouTube dot com slash Foreverdog Team
Speaker 4: And make sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook at Foreverdog Team to keep up with all the latest Foreverdog news