Speaker 1: What's that anthem of my bed? It's spooky and joky. I'm pretty sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I got I los Nanda's.
Speaker 2: Pllease Hey boo, it's me Ros and welcome to Ghosted by Rose Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. It's another listener phone call extravaganza. Oh god, I love talking to you people.
Speaker 1: As always, you know what to do. I mean, for the most part, I think you guys know what to do. Sometimes sometimes it's confusing. I know, I know, But to be honest, a listener episode, please send me an email that says listener episode in the subject line with one sentence bullet points detaelling some of your stories and that's that. Then we'll look through them and hopefully we can get you on. But if you want me to read your's story in an intro of one of these episodes, just type it out nice and pretty, not too long, not too short, maybe you know a five minute read or less, and you can put whatever kind of subject line you want and you send that over to Ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. Okay, we've got three of them for you today. And this first one is from Josh, who is a former punk rock drag queen that's got a story about living on a farm in Texas. Give it to us, Josh. I am joined by Josh in Dallas, Texas. Howdy Howdy, Diva, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm great?
Speaker 1: How are you so good? I'm gonna say it on record. I have got to get to Dallas to do some kind of show stand up. I don't know what something, because I love Dallas and I'm missing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Great city. We would love to have you here. I'll take you to all the best places. We'll get all the good vegan food.
Speaker 1: But you grew up in a haunted house? That was that in Dallas? Where was that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't So. I've lived in Dallas for a really long time. But I'm actually a country girl. I grew up on a farm in the middle of East Texas, super close to the Louisiana borders. So lots of woods, lots of ponds and swamps, and lots of weird, weird, creepy shit that happens behind the pine curtain.
Speaker 1: If we like to call it a haunted farmhouse in Texas, I mean this is I am strapped in and ready to hear this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's kind of crazy. The story kind of starts and end with a fire, not to be dramatic, but the house that my family originally lived in until I was three years old burned down just in the middle of an I still not really sure what happened there. I'm sure my parents know. But we then moved into what we call the farm. So it's sort of a typical, nondescript looking Greek revival ranch. Our house on twelve acres the tons of land.
Speaker 1: Is this the kind of thing where no one can hear you scream?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Our nearest neighbor was literally two miles down the room, like so literally in the middle of the woods, in the middle of nowhere, East Texas, like five hundred people in the town. One stoplight literally just one stoplight. So that kind of gig growing.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the movie X no X X. It's like a trilogy of movies. There's X, there's Maxine, there's Pearl.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yes, I have, Yeah, of course, X is like.
Speaker 1: I feel like it takes place in I thought it was Texas, but then there's also crocodiles I don't know, but it's like a farmhouse.
Speaker 3: We do have alligators.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so did you watch the movie X and you said, oh, this is a documentary, I will.
Speaker 3: Watching almost like, yeah, this all looks familiar, I mean, other than like murderous old people. But who knows there might be one in the story. We don't know for sure. Okay, but yeah, So just to kind of give you a lot of really weird stuff, happened so pretty much as soon as we moved in, So sorry happening. I don't remember a lot of the early stuff because I was literally three years old, but my older brother and sister have told me like the first night we were in the house, all the lights kept flickering on and off and just like you know, creepy stuff like that. But then as growing up, I started noticing things like we had an attic and you would hear footsteps in.
Speaker 1: The attic all day every day, terrifying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was the kind of attic that was like completely you know, not paved, but you couldn't like it was just rafters and then feeling but it sounded like someone was literally like just walking across the floor, like like there was an actual floor, I can't seep, so lots of creepy stuff in the attic we would hear. My parents would always say it's probably a raccoon or squirrels, and I would say, okay, probably, but then the older gotten like, I think she goes to here. You could also hear whisperings throughout the house, which was super creepy. And I grew up in the nineties. I'm the latch key kid, so I was home alone a lot, me and my siblings and or were you exactly so the original part of the house had been added on to you over the years before we bought it. So in one of the additions, which was my parents' room, I would usually go in there and watch their TV and you would literally hear like it would almost sell like something going. So that was always a fun time. We did have farm animals. We didn't have a lot, it was a smaller farm, but we had We had a few hap of paddle we had some chickens. Almost nightly, every animal would freak out at pretty much at the same time.
Speaker 1: What was that all about, Well, we don't know, So I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if you've ever been around a bunch of farm animals, but I have not. I didn't think so.
Speaker 1: I've been around people that smell like farm animals.
Speaker 3: Now, But it's when an animal is distressed, especially a cowl, it makes this loud, almost screaming down to the move, and so almost nightly you just hear this cacophony of animals freaking out. But it would only last for a few minutes and then.
Speaker 1: Stop as aliens.
Speaker 3: Of course, growing up, my parents were like, oh, it's probably a coyote, or there's bobcasts in that area and things like that, but so that was terrifying. Also, people would see a man and a cowboy hat out in our pasture and yeah, so my sister the first time I remember being talked about, my sister saw it and she was like, there's somebody out in the pasture. My dad goes out there, nobody's out there. And then there's been multiple times where neighbors. Even though it is in the middle of nowhere, it's one of maybe like six paced roads in the whole town, so people would drive by a lot and people would be like, oh, I saw you out in the pasture and I waved and you didn't. I guess you didn't see me. But as like I was out of the country for business. Oh, and I've looked into it and currently a lot of people with sleep prolyzecye a man And I don't know if that's connective.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean not a cowboy hat though exactly. Yeah, or maybe people maybe this is an interesting conversation. Do people in Texas see the hat man with a cowboy hat a.
Speaker 3: Cowboy hat specifically Texas? But there's probably something to that. But yeah, like I've seen it a few times. And you know, we would just kind of run wild in the summers and we had twelve ages of land and woods that we could just explore, and we of course had a fort because that's the kids in the nineties did. And we'd be in the fort and you would look out the little window and like sort of past the tree line, you would see someone in a hat standing there. No, and it's always very nondescripts wasn't really scary. It just looked like a man in jeans and a button up like cowboy shirts, like an old Dentum type shirt and a hat literally everyone in the town wears. And we didn't really think much of it because we were like, maybe you know this backups are another property. Maybe it's somebody else. Like things like that happened all the time, but started getting really creepy. One night, me and my cousins, because I'm from a big family and so all the cousins always you know, came over to our house. We were on the trampoline in the front yard and my cousin just sort of stops and looks towards the backyard where our sense was and she's like, there's somebody in the backyard, and so of course the three of us run over and we're trying to look and see and as soon as we open the gates to the backyard, there's another gate beyond that. On the other side that gate was closing. You could see someone walking.
Speaker 1: Ut the man in the hat or somebody else.
Speaker 4: No, it was a man in the hat.
Speaker 3: We saw the hat. Freaked out ran told my parents. They were like, it's nothing, don't worry about it. Another thing that how and pretty regularly is there would be lights in the woods and him getting chills just talking about it. So this this is the one that gets me. Every time we would see lights in the woods and it wouldn't look like slash light it would almost look like like a classic like ORB. But my dad, being died in the old Texas born and bred redneck, always thought someone was flecking with us out in the woods, so he would grab a shotgun, grab whatever gun was around in Texas there everywhere, hell yeah, yeah, right on. So he would grab whatever gun was handy, run out in the woods and there would be no one there, and then he would come back in mad. So he's like, as soon as I got there, the lights were gone, there's no one there, but he would be mad thinking someone was fucking with him. And the whole time, me and my siblings are like, there's a ghost here, but we're kids, so nobody looks this.
Speaker 1: Did your dad ever like allude to like him thinking that there was a ghost.
Speaker 3: My dad would never, like he's very much macho machismo, like he would never admit to being scared of anything. My mom, on the other hand, she is a hardcore skeptic of everything, like if she can't see it, touch it, like it doesn't exist. And I just called her yesterday and sort of like corroborate some of these things, just make sure I got some of the details right. And she's just like I'm not. I don't believe in ghosts. There was something there, so having her say that, it's like, Yeah, that's really creepy to hear my mom say that, like even twenty thirty years later, it's freaky, and I think the scariest thing that truly ever happened. This might be a light profession story. I don't know. Me and my brother and sisters her home alone. Of course, we're in the den watching a movie or TV or something like sisch falls asleep and she starts talking in her sleep. So me and my brother are trying to listen to what she's saying. She's saying words that I'm not really understanding, and my brother is like, it sounds like she's speaking German. And I should say my siblings are older. They're ten eleven years older than me, so he would know if it was German. He's like, I think she's speaking German, and so we just sort of like left the room, like we'll just let her figure that. Nowhere in East Texas was anyone learning German. There's nowhere in the nineties, like they barely taught it to basic Spanish, Like there's no place in the nineties. My sister would have learned that. Oh, but the history of the area, there was a huge German immigrant population in like the late eighteen hundreds early nineteen hundred, so, like, my last name is very German, like a lot of the people around there have a German last name. So we're not sure if it was like the original owner of the property. I have talked through my sister, Like.
Speaker 1: I have no idea how she was possessed.
Speaker 3: Probably probably still lives, to be honest, did.
Speaker 1: You ever find out anything about the property itself?
Speaker 3: So we tried and I've tried, and we can't really find anything. But the people that we did buy the property and the house from, my mom did talk to them, you know, years later, and they had just casually mentioned, yeah, we've had a preacher come out and pray over that property twice. And my mom was like why, and they basically said, like, we would hear voices, we would you know, see people walking around. The grandkids would come out in the middle of the night screaming that there was someone in their room, just like things like that. Oh my god, So do you think we bought it from knew the house was haunted or had some freaky shit going on, and just didn't think to mention it to my parents when they were buying property.
Speaker 1: I think about this all the time. Now, let's if I was able to own a house. I don't know. Maybe i'd be singing a different tune. But I I don't know what I would do if I was trying to get rid of a house. What I tell the people, it's not legal. It's a moral thing. I suppose, right, you want to make this sale. It's not like a legal thing necessarily to be like, yeah, we think it's haunted. I don't know. What would you do? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I honestly don't know either. I mean, I've never been in a position where I've had a.
Speaker 1: Cell house, So no, I want to be in that position first, and then I'll complain, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: But with my friends, like people that I k need, be like, heyie, would you like to buy this house? It's possibly haunted by a German ghost? They would probably be all about it. But true in nineteen nineties e Texas, I don't need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how long were you guys in that house?
Speaker 3: So we moved into the house in eighty seven. I am an old queen, so we moved in the house in eighty seven and I moved out. My parents eventually got divorced. I moved in with my dad in two thousands, and then in two thousand and two, my mom decided she was gonna sell the house. And at that point, my sister, her husband, and my niece were living in the house, still hearing shit, still seeing stuff like it never really stopped. So we sold the house to a man that my mom knew. He bought the house. A couple of years later, the house burns to the ground. Yeah, that's why I say this story. The story starts and ends with the fire. The house burns to the ground. Now the rumor knows, the small town gossip rumor is that he may or may not have burned it for the insurance money exactly, But that's small town gossips. He claims it was a wiring issue. We don't know. I say it was a German ghost who was mad that we left and burned the house down. But who knows. And like I said, I called my sister to kind of corroborate everything. She remembers some stuff, some stuff she doesn't. My older brother unfortunately passed away a couple of years ago, and I don't own Luigi board, so I can't ask him. But yeah, literally everyone who came in the house, friends that stay deny it, cousins at stay deny it. Everyone who's sent enough time in that house is like, your house is fucking horse. But there's something in this ouse.
Speaker 1: But you guys never saw the cowboy inside of the house. He always no knewest place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never in the house, always around the property close to it, backyard. There was like a pond down in the property by the pond alive, like I said, people with mistake it with my dad working out in the pasture. But we never actually saw an actual like apparition or whatever in the house itself.
Speaker 1: Now, is there is there any possibility that there's just some creepy cowboy man that just lives up It's East Texas, Like did you ever see him disappear or I don't know, there is it possible that that could have just been the town creeper was living in your cowbarn and kind of sometimes wandering out at night.
Speaker 3: You would think, But we knew the town creeper.
Speaker 1: He didn't look like too.
Speaker 3: It wasn't him. So I still think it was a ghost or a spirit or something. There was just so much weird stuff that happened, you know, like mostly classic conted house stuff, things disappearing, showing up in different spots, things like that. But I love I mean, if it was the town creep, been good for him because he stood the ship out of us for at least decades.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's commitment if that is a real living exactly ten years.
Speaker 3: I just committment to.
Speaker 1: The yes and then probably never aged. If you know it's it was a ghost, I'm going with ghost.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with ghosts too.
Speaker 1: I have my gabble.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: I'm calling it. Well, I guess Josh, that'll do it. I so appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, I appreciate you letting me talk about Hillbily ghosts since I don't get to tell the stories too often, So I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Josh. This next phone call was with a listener named Christie who grew up in a haunted house. Christy, Hello, Christy and Illinois. How are you hi?
Speaker 4: Raf I'm good me too.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to hear what you've got for us, because you got a list here of some good ones. Yeah, where do we start? What's what's your best one?
Speaker 4: Well, the one that usually freaks people out when I tell it is so I suffer with sleep paralysis. I know that you've talked about like hitting it. Like for me, I can usually tell that I'm in sleep paralysis, like if I wake up in it, like you feel stuck all this like typical standard whatever, But sometimes it feels different. But one time I woke up in sleep paralysis. And I growing up at my parents' house. I always shut my bedroom door because it always felt like something was looking at me from the hallway, and my parents had this bad habit of checking on me, just like leaving the door cracked open, and I inevitably wind up with a sleep paralysis episode. And I always left with the lights on.
Speaker 3: I was My dad hated it.
Speaker 4: But I woke up and I couldn't move, and I could feel someone stroking my leg just like back and force from like my ankle to my knee, and I didn't know who it was, and I could feel the weight on the bed and I couldn't move, and it was terrifying. And usually the fastest god of sleep paralysis to just relax and let it pass, which like easier said than done. But by the time I could open my eyes, nothing was there, and the door was open and my light was off, and it was just just like laughing. Like have you ever been in a room, Like you walk into a place and there's just like a feeling like it feels like you're not alone, or it feels heavy, and it just and it just felt like something was like ha, ha, got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't like that. That is It's one of the many things where if it wasn't a ghost, wouldn't that be sweet? You know, just to wake up and someone's cressing your leg, Oh, someone that you love. Oh, wouldn't that be so nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would unless there's nobody there. Yeah, that's absolutely terrifying. Oh hearing a laugh in the middle of the night. Yeah, it could be adorable if it's someone that you love from a disembodied voice. Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: I have a lot of friends who would not stay over after the first time, And it always felt like the house like wanted jew in bed by a certain time, like if it was late, you had a tiptoe around, Like even my parents would like be quiet at night, and I had gotten up really early. I wanted to watch something on TV before school, and it wasn't supposed to be up and I had stuck all the way up to that. We have like a multi level, like a split level house, and I snuck all the way upstairs so I could watch TV like in a corner, in a quiet room. And that room had doors that like in August, the wooden doors well from the humidity and you can you have to like pull them really hard, and they're audible when they open. And I was alone, and the doors were shut, and no one was in the room with me, and I was watching TV, and I heard a man's deep laugh from right over my shoulder. Ooh, girl, when I tell you, I flew low across the house like when I turned around, there was no one in the room with me. The doors were still shut to the room, and I had to go past whatever just laughed at me to get to my room, my whatever safe space. I didn't sleep.
Speaker 1: Do you think it was the same as the night the night caressor?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 1: Now, did your parents or anybody else in the house experience anything.
Speaker 4: Nobody else in the house ever experienced anything. I had friends who wouldn't sleep over because they didn't like the way the house felt. And I had friends who they would make me come because we had an alley for a driveway, who had like an easement, and they would not walk down by themselves. I had to come get them because the neighbor's house was too spooky for them to walk past. So there were like several like creepy older houses, and they said that the next door neighbor's house was really really scary. Sorry, my kitten just flipped something off the table.
Speaker 1: That actually creeped me out for a second.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I had friends who they would make me come get them at the street, and they would not walk past the neighbor's house because it was too scary. It sat empty for about ten years after they moved, and within the first year of it being bought, they started to renovate it and it almost immediately burnt down all the way to the ground, total loss. So it's a small town, lots of things get repurposed. I was told, which like here say whatever.
Speaker 3: Fine.
Speaker 4: I was told by a friend who lived in town up the street that they were able to salvage a manful like a piece over the fireplace only once they installed it in their house. They started getting like EVP stuff. They started getting like stuff moved around, stuff would go missing. So whatever was in the neighbor's house that used to scare with my friends, it is apparently now with their house now.
Speaker 1: Why was it empty for ten years? The whole family die in the house or something.
Speaker 4: No, while the he'd moved, he was previously when I was a kid, he was accused of filling his life. Oh okay, well so he moved away.
Speaker 1: Oh interested Ooh tell me more, tell me more.
Speaker 4: So my childhood best friend and I, since I moved away from our hometown, we catch up once in a while, like our friendship is my poses and we get together when I come home. And I hadn't seen her for close to a year, and I texted her out of the blue. I just had that like feeling, just like I got a check in, Like I need to check in. I send a text now before I forget about it. And they've been talking about they wanted to buy a house, they want to start trying to have a family, et cetera. And I texted her, didn't say anything about the house. I just said, hey, how's baby stuff going? And she texted me back the next day and she was like, that was really freaky. She goes, we just found out. We haven't even told my mom yet. I'm like, that doesn't happen to me very often, but it's really cool what it does.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I've had that happen to me too before. Where Like I've told this story before in the podcast where I was staying at my friend's house. My friend Chelsea and I woke up and I asked her about the ghost in the house. I was like, Sarah the ghost in the house, and she was like, how'd you know her name was Sarah? And I'm like, oh though, I just She's like, we just found that out. And I'm like, well, I don't know how that works, but maybe she whispered in my ear when I was sleeping or some then I mean, they live there too, So what is this one with a nurse? What does this say here?
Speaker 4: So I work in an emergency room and I work night shift. I do like front desk stuff. So sometimes I'll get a really like bed feeling like I need to bother a nurse, like I shove me into the first time, Like you need to call her again, like check in with her, like something going on and sometimes by the time they answered, they'll be like, oh, I meant to call you, like something bad's going on back here, we've got family coming in, Like, I'm glad you got ahold of me so we didn't leave them in the waiting room and miss something important. By the time that like I've got the thought, they'll call up and be like, did you need me? Did I miss a call from you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: How did you know?
Speaker 6: How?
Speaker 4: How did you know that I needed you?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're full on psycheg I.
Speaker 4: Mean like timing. I guess I've got good instincts, but I don't know. I don't ever see anything. I don't want to see anything.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, that's good, but I mean we're all a little psychic. But I bet you if you just focused on not the seeing dead people part of it, but predicting and using your intuition, I.
Speaker 3: Bet you you.
Speaker 1: I bet you could make some money on the.
Speaker 4: Side the I don't ever want to see anything. But do you ever like walk into a room and you can't take your eyes off, like a corner or you have a bad feeling about a hallway?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yeah, So in.
Speaker 4: A couple of different friend's houses, I used to call from the front door, like they would like, oh, let yourself in, we're upstairs, and I let myself in, but I would stand right by the front door and be like someone has to come and walk me up a staircase.
Speaker 3: Like I will not.
Speaker 4: I can't even flights are on. I cannot see the hallway by myself. It was like made fun of me for like two or three years. They made fun of me, and then finally, like one of the days I let myself in, his mom was finally home and he was like, oh, yeah, like everybody's upstairs.
Speaker 3: Just come up.
Speaker 4: And I was like, no, you have to come get me. And his mom calls in the living room and she's like, what does a little girl bother you? Uh uh excuse me? She goes, yeah, she I don't know. Sometimes she like makes herself known, but she's up in that hallway, like that's why I can't go up the stairs because I can't. I can't get to the landing. I cannot eat the hallway by myself. She's like, just tell her to leave you alone and it'll be fine. I don't think.
Speaker 1: So you are the Illinois Medium, this is going to be your reality show.
Speaker 4: As long as they stop touching me, Do they touch you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Have you had experiences recently with like ghosts like that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, just that one time.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you a question. Working in an emergency room setting, have you ever heard people talk about ghosts?
Speaker 4: Most of us believe in something, but not a ton of us have experiences that like they've shared that have happened like work, a lot of us have our own like outside of work stuff. I've been really fortunate that work is always like a calm, I mean, like for being an emergency room, there's not like spooky stuff. Yeah, Like even when I walk around, I'll take my break and like go and walk around with security staff and like even walking around in like the like less lit areas or like done by the lab and the work. Like I don't get bad ceilings. I don't get like booky what's that? Like? I always sleep on my lunch break, so I get like a thirty minute nap, and I will just go into like an unoccupied area, like and I don't care if it's like a lobby chair or like a like a doctor's lounge. Like sometimes I sleep in like the empty exam rooms and then change the linens, like so the room is clean for the morning, then nothing's ever bothered me. Like I don't get sleep paralysis, I don't get bad ceilings. Like work's always like a surprisingly calm energy. Maybe it's just because there's so.
Speaker 1: Much happening interesting, Yeah, yeah, is it a busy place where there's you know, just non stop all the.
Speaker 4: Time or yeah, we have thirty five beds in our year.
Speaker 1: So probably not very often where there's moments where it's like wow, slow day to day, nothing's going on now.
Speaker 4: Almost never. Yeah, we have unfortunately long wait sometimes huh.
Speaker 1: Because I wonder what it would be like completely quiet.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's happened before, and it's that. I think that's probably spookier when like the PA system cuts out and there's nobody in the lobby and all you can hear is like the air conditioner. I think that's spookier in like a big mechanical like just empty facility like that when it's like supposed to be busy, like those limital type spaces.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. I've been in a couple of theme parks when it's like after hours or like not you know, not time for people to be everywhere and it's like, this is spooky as hell. It's so strange when there's you're just used to that energy of people everywhere and it's just quiet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like empty auditorium.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't like it. Tell me the story about what your house sitting or something. Your baby's sitting at a house that was haunted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So they've gone out of town for like a week. They were neighbors across the streets, so our houses on our houses, I guess are on the older side of town, so everything's like creaky and old and anyway, they asked if I'd watched their two dogs so i'd be like in and out of the house, and they clarified, I'm the only one with the key, and the cleaning lady would be coming by, so one of the days I was going to have to make sure I went over early and unlocked the house so that the cleaning people could come by and then go over after and lock up. And then they called and said the Queen teaeople were able to get in because the house was locked, And I was like, that's funny because I went over and like set up everything, and the house was like old and creaky and like sometimes houses settle and make funny noises, but it always was like too noisy, like someone else in the house noisy, like someone walking around upstairs noisy. And the dogs would like follow me from room to room like they would not be left alone if everybody was home. They were fine and settled, but they would like stay right next to me, and they were like not happy to be in their crates when it wasn't over there. And I would turn off the TV and turn off the fans and turn off the lights as I like walked out and left, and when i'd come back, like the fan would be back on with the TV be back on, and like sure fine, like somebody bumps something, and I would just try to like write stuff off. It just was really really spooky, and it always it just always felt like there was someone else in the house. I never really had anything that I heard or saw there as far as like, oh, that was definitely a ghost, but it just was such a bad feeling to like, I have the key, I have the only key. Apparently I went and unlocked the house and now it's locked. I went and turned everything off and now it's on. And I just finished my week with them and was like, no, thanks, I don't think i'll house it for you anymore.
Speaker 1: It was cute, but I'm out of here. Yeah, bad vibes, weird. Yeah, that's the kind of thing that is so stressful and like dangerous or something, because it's how do you know if it's not an intruder, like I don't want to have to twenty four to seven be dealing with is there someone in my house trying to kill me? Or oh it's just an invisible human. I don't know, you know, not a great option, b if that's.
Speaker 3: What it is.
Speaker 4: Neither one is good. Yeah, yeah, I was just always like, can't relax. Vibes there.
Speaker 1: I hate that. But I love your stories. Thank you so much for sharing them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ron, thanks for your time.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Christy, And we've got one more for you. This is Dominique and Dominique is a big fan of celebrity ghost stories, one of my favorites, and he has a connection to one iconic episode Take it Away, Dominique. I am joined now by Dominique in Jersey.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy to have you. You have got stories you grew up with with some of this stuff where do we start.
Speaker 5: Let's start where I started, which is like as a kid listening to ghost stories being told about my grandmother's house through the eyes of my aunts and uncles and mother who lived them. Each of them has very unique stories, and it's to the point where, like so much has happened that if you mentioned ghosts to one of them, none of them are really in denial about it. They're all very much like, oh, yeah, no, that house was haunted, which is pretty cool to like paint you a picture of the house. Was like very small, I would say, it was like maybe a ranch house that they had built additions onto. And there were always places in the home that felt sort of heavier than the others, and sure enough those were like a part of the original structure. Like there was a central kitchen attached to this very long mirrored hallway, and there was always like this feeling of people watching you, Like even though you were the only one in the hallway, the amount of mirrors that were in there just made it feel like there were more eyes on you at once.
Speaker 1: That just seems like a fun house situation or something.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes it was.
Speaker 1: It was because you know, people will y'all hear people that I'll tell you, mayors are a portal to the other side.
Speaker 5: Oh, sis, I just interrupt you really quickly because the name of the road that they grew up on was veil.
Speaker 1: Oh it was the veil thin Honey, That veil was on ozempic honey. So okay, this this house in particular, did you ever go to this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So it was my grandmother's house, so we would like visit her, you know, pretty regularly. The first time that I there was like a story that happened whilst I was in the house. Was we were moving from Long Island to New Jersey and it was myself, my multiple siblings, and my mother and father all staying in different you know, rooms of the house. And one day we were all sitting at breakfast and we had a dog also because that's just the suburban dream, and it was an old English sheep dog like Prince Eric's dog in the Little Mermaid Cute. Their name was Dandy. They were just this big white fluf And so one day we were all having breakfast in the kitchen and my grandfather comes in like kind of angry because he didn't get a good sleep that night, and started like asking my mother, like, why did you let the dog out of the cage last night? Like it was just at the end of the bed all evening. I kept rolling over waking up and just seeing like this giant white fluff. And my mother was like pretty insistent to my you know, senior grandfather, like the dog was in their cage the entire evening. No, was at the end of the cage. I kept at fans of the bed. I kept seeing it when I woke up. It was just this big white ball.
Speaker 6: The dog was in the cage the entire evening.
Speaker 5: So he was seeing something, but it wasn't the dog interresting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was like the first time.
Speaker 5: And then I think the more I learned about like sort of the spirits of the house, I would ask questions. My aunt Missy had a couple stories, one of which involved her as a child in the original part of the house with like a group of girls doing a wigi board in the seventies. Classic She said that there was no windows open, and because it was the seventies.
Speaker 6: I guess they had like just wind chimes everywhere. But I digress. They were doing the ouiji board and they weren't getting.
Speaker 5: Very many answers, and it was like her, my mother, and two girls from school, and she was like frustrated at the board.
Speaker 6: So they asked it a stupid question.
Speaker 5: And I remember what she had told me, which was, I asked it like a girl in our class's middle name. I figured it would be, you know, kind of a commonplace to like whatever spiritual entities we were communicating with.
Speaker 6: And so she yelled at the board.
Speaker 5: She goes, oh, come on, you should know this, and that's when the board responded and said, why, oh, you should too. And then the windchimes in the room without any windows open, started like you know, making noise, and they started screaming and ran into another part of the room to her home to find my grandma.
Speaker 1: They opened the port all that day.
Speaker 5: I guess, so one story that did happen, but I think I glazed over because it was pretty minute. But my uncle one time said that he was like lining up his vitamins to take in the morning, and like you know, on the counter, and let's say there was like five of them. They were all like pill shaped.
Speaker 3: What have you is?
Speaker 5: He went to go get water from the refrigerator and when he turned around, he said, all the pills were like standing long ways up.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good one. Isn't that nutty?
Speaker 5: That's just also like, I mean, you know, he was on a lot of medication, so I don't want to like impune his reception of things, but yeah, it was kind of nuts to be like, Wow.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's plausible because the pills hadn't kicked in yet, so maybe so we don't know, but I'm going with it. I like him. I wasn't hey, listen, I wasn't there. It's a good story.
Speaker 5: He did say he used to hear the sounds of chains being dragged on the roof, and where he described it as an adult aligned with when I remember as a kid, like not wanting to go into this one bathroom.
Speaker 6: It just looked scary. It was like long, like a hallway.
Speaker 5: It had the same colors as like room three twenty seven or whatever from the Shining. Don't drag me for not knowing, but I remember being a kid, like the only time it would want to be in that part of the house was like bathtime with my grandma, Like I was only cool if she was there too, because it just had like this heaviness to the atmosphere. That just made me feel much like the hallway with mirrors, like I'm not alone in this room, like there's someone here, except in that room it felt it felt heavier, it felt more menacing. So to hear him as when I'm an adult hear him retail, like, oh yeah, I used to hear someone like the sound of someone dragging chains in that part of the house.
Speaker 6: That was a That was a nutty thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you went to a haunted high school?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So my high school was indeed featured on a very fond show of yours as well as mine Celebrity ghost Stories.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, which sidebar.
Speaker 5: I think when it premiered, that house was still in like the family, So I used to watch episodes from inside the haunted house, like hoping I would see something.
Speaker 3: I never did.
Speaker 5: But but yeah, there was this episode in particularly that my high.
Speaker 6: School was featured on.
Speaker 5: I didn't see when it aired originally, I saw like during COVID during a binge, because it was through a guy on this Pranos named Federico Caste Lucci.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 1: Oh, they had everybody ever on the Sopranos on that show. I swear to god, like every episode there's like a sopranos person. Those people on that show all had ghost stories.
Speaker 5: Well, the episode he was on was the same episode I'm again not seen probably the twenty years between it aired to now because I didn't know who that guy was, and also like I didn't I don't care about the sopranos, Like, I'm sure it's a wonderful show, you know, but Jersey, I know, I think it hits too close to home. It's like, my father looks like if if like Danny DeVito were a tall and tony soprano himself for the ventie.
Speaker 6: My father was kind of the grande. Oh okay, so it's just it's like too triggery. But I digress.
Speaker 5: The episode he was on Frederico was like rue McClanahan, Harry Fisher and John Waters.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I by this episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So by the time, like you know, Carrie got done talking about like her friend whose lights were flickering to say hello to her, where John Waters was talking about like his summer camp, I was like burnt out from like you know, my respective queer icons.
Speaker 6: By the time I got to that guy was like man. But during COVID, I was like, oh, I've actually never seen this guy.
Speaker 5: And then when it started, I was live texting my girlfriend who I went high school with. I was like, bitch, like listen to what this man is dropping. And he start he went into it. He said like, oh, it was a school in Madison and it was inside an old Victorian mansion. And I was like, this is sounding hauntingly familiar. And then he even name dropped the name of the the monsignor at the school, and I was like, girl, that was straight up monsignor so and so. And then he was talking about like the structure and that was haunted by a little girl named Alice. And I was like, holy fucking shit, like that's where that was.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Am I allowed to say the name of the school. It's no longer open, Yes say it Belly Eller Catholic High School.
Speaker 1: Okay it was.
Speaker 5: I was a part of the last graduating class in two thousand and five at shutdown. But it opened like you know I would gather the early nineteen hundreds. It was like built for a man named like Leland Parland, and it changed hands into like you know, the Walkers or something, and that was the sort of Laura on campus was was haunted by a little girl named Alice Walker. I once did a deep dive. I did not find evidence of a little girl named Alice Walker on the property. I did, however, find the story of a girl who passed away on the property around the same time Alice might have. It was a girl who died of like natural causes or like scarlet fever or something at the Victorian mansion that my high school was based in on the New Year's eve before her like sixteenth birthday.
Speaker 3: So that stood out to.
Speaker 5: Me because like the commonality of like a young girl, like not a girl, not yet a woman.
Speaker 6: That might be the unfinished business. The soul comes back as to haunt something totally.
Speaker 1: He probably wants to be around her peers.
Speaker 5: I do think that kind of escalated it. And on that note, because we have that activity of like it's a kid's school.
Speaker 6: It was high school.
Speaker 5: There were a lot of teachers who would have to like stay late to great papers, and each one of them had a story. My late teacher, her name is Jesse, she said that one time she was like going through the school, like in the classroom after a long evening of grading paper sometime in the fall, and again to set.
Speaker 6: It up for you.
Speaker 5: This is like repurpose bedrooms of a Victorian mansion set up to be classrooms. But I digress, tell people the name again, Baily Ellard, b A y l e y Lard e Lard.
Speaker 1: Yeah. People look at these pictures at google it yourself. It's because now it seems like it's abandoned. I guess it's.
Speaker 5: Well, it was abandoned for a great many year after two thousand and five, and then sometime in the twenty tens it was bought by like those people that like become priests or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So now it's like like a seminary. Yeah, seminary, a seminary, a priestory.
Speaker 3: Yep, one of those.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I digress.
Speaker 5: Jesse was in her classroom which is potentially haunted by this little girl Alice, and at the end of the day, when she had done great papers, she was ready to go and she was looking for her keys, and like after twenty minutes, she just like gave up and plopped herself down in the chair and then like saw them across the room just magically appear on the fireplace mantle. And she's like I looked everywhere and this was twenty minutes of my time, Like, who was hiding these keys?
Speaker 1: Alice?
Speaker 3: It was Alice.
Speaker 1: It's Alice. She's sixty, she wants to learn how to drive.
Speaker 6: Yes, evidently, yes, yes, yes, correct, my godmother.
Speaker 5: Also she was the art teacher there, and I thought, I think that's what grabbed me about the Sopranos guy story. It was like, there's a chance he's talking about our art room, which was fucking huge. And also in the like the attic, the former attic of the mansion, and that's where actually I had my only paranormal encounter of my life. I like, at my Grandma's haunted house, I never saw anything, and even at Bailey in the mansion, I never saw anything. But I had my one experience that was like similar to what Jesse experienced in terms of like that mischievous kind of nonsense that a ghost would pull. So in the attic of the mansion, the top story, they like balled off half of it, and at the end of the hallway they were like those swinging, like metallic saloon style doors that like you know, I guess they're kind of industrial style because Catholic schools have money to like pay for the finer doors.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 5: Anyway, they opened up at like the same time, like they swung back and forth. So saloon style is the best they can describe book, and I was. I was an artsy kid, like I think my like sophomore junior year, I was literally the president of the drama and I was also helping to like paint the sets and later on got my degree in fine art. But in between, like rehearsals, I would go upstairs to the you know, the attic of the haunted mansion to just like paint like every.
Speaker 6: Normal high school boy.
Speaker 5: So there was one time that I was up there and it was pretty late at night, because that's when rehearsals are there after school. They run late, and I was like at the sink and behind me to like give you context is the double saloon industrial style of swinging doors. And I heard like a like what I in retrospect, like I think I romanticizes like the sound of like cowboy boots, because it was like a large clut. It was like the sounds of steps, but there was like a jingle almost like a stirrup or something, which makes no sense.
Speaker 6: But anyway, it could have been coins. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just heard like plunk and then like jingle clunk jingle. So I was like, oh, someone with like a large set of keys. I presume who is coming up to get me to tell me that they're ready for me in rehearsal, is you know, just coming up to grab me. So I like turn around with the paint brushes in my hand because my back is to the door, and as like the steps approach the doorway, No, I don't see anyone. However, both double doors begin to open at the same time. My heart goes kind of like crazy, like a flutter.
Speaker 3: I was like, what the fuck am I fucking looking at?
Speaker 5: And you know, I've just always been tapped into the shit. So I just yelled out no, and the door slammed shut.
Speaker 1: But you mean like because those doors don't open slow like those doors usually are opened or they're not like I feel, So this was like kind of going slow, going slow.
Speaker 6: It also ras if I may.
Speaker 5: I went to school there for four years, three of which I spent hunker down in that art room. I never saw those doors open by themselves again, Like there was never like oopsie, poopsie. It's a of wind like no, like in three years of classes within that classroom. Never again did that experience replicate. And also what like the steps, like had I not known to turn around because of those steps? Like it's just too much of a like unexplainable event for me, and it's like held with me to this day.
Speaker 1: Oh I bet Alice was like, can I help with your project?
Speaker 6: You're like, now, that's a really sweet thought.
Speaker 1: Was that man from the Sopranos? So his story was that he went to that school.
Speaker 5: No, his story was he approached the monts Signior because he had a large art commission and he with these insane dimensions and his studio was too small for it. So he was like, I guess he lived in the area and a friend of his had recommended to talk to this mont Signior at bailly Ellard and he did and he was like, yeah, you can use the art room or you can use whatever, and he was like, oh, this is huge, yay. And while he was painting, he heard like you know, ambient sounds, looked around and saw a little girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah I never saw.
Speaker 5: Anything, believe you me, I was looking, but yeah, I did have that one experience that like I can't explain it, and I like I can't. I'm usually pretty good at like justifying things with logic, and this was something that like, No, I heard footsteps, I saw two doors that I've never seen move slowly by themselves, move slowly by themselves. So yeah, maybe it was Alice just popping in to say, like, hey, can they like.
Speaker 1: Can I paint too? That's what I'm going with.
Speaker 6: It's a good theory.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: This has been great. I so appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you very much for having me Roz.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Josh, Christy and Dominique. I'd love to talk to you too if you got the goods for me, so of course, email me ghosted Bye Roz at gmail dot com. I love you all both living in death. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came on. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you. So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the Startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Krichten. My theme music is by the spine chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spooky Georgia Hard Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.